Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Feb 24, 2014 5:24 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Oh wow, that escalated more than I had thought. Well anyways, they're up against some pretty tough guys in the skies.

Poor Airi too ;.;
I loved the aerial fights this episode especially when an ace pilot came to aid Karl later on. Damn, those are some impressive flight skills. The siblings relationship this episode was also cute imo!
Feb 24, 2014 7:20 AM

Aug 2013
God damnit I thought I was watching "The Pilot's Love Song", not "Blue Steel of Arpeggio" >.>

Bring back the romance, enough with this military nonsense already.
Feb 24, 2014 7:42 AM
Aug 2013
Stark700 said:
Oh wow, that escalated more than I had thought.

this series cannot end well. it's verified science.

Stark700 said:
Poor Airi too ;.;

well, she does have a certain kiss of death. :-D
Feb 24, 2014 7:44 AM

May 2013
Glad that Ari was okay. Nice moment at the end between her and Kal-el. But man poor Wolfgang.
Feb 24, 2014 7:48 AM

Jan 2010
was that Charles Karino? (from Toaru Hikuushi e no Tsuioku) (Blue fighter Seagull)
They also mentioned Fana Levamme (Juana del Moral??)
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 24, 2014 7:54 AM

Apr 2008
He's still holding to the Seacat codename.

So now the timeline has passed Tsuioku's story
Feb 24, 2014 7:54 AM
Jul 2018
Wow.... Im speechless after this episode...
Feb 24, 2014 8:08 AM

Aug 2010
Now that was absolutely EPIC!!! The Dog fights were amazing!! The animation was top notch! And the emotions were strong! Especially loved the Blue Seagull. Now that pilot was BA!! Loved his maneuvering and how he easily defeated those 3 Silver Foxes. Hope to see more of that. I think he's from the spin-off series (Or to be precise the original). And those other residents (Will this connect to the original's world? Might be nice to see)

And I thought the death count will stop with last episode but even Wolf and Faust died O_O! Faust actually got pretty likable at the end there. Respect to him and Wolf T^T

Ari was definitely the star of this episode though. She was really BA shooting and cheering Kal up like that. Dat wound gotta hurt >-<...Respect to her shooting down one of the planes with that wound. And loved her conversation with Kal in the hospital. Calling him Onii-chan and cool. I have new found respect for her and she definitely raised to the top of my rankings of girls in this series. She was really cute when teasing Kal too <3

From the PV Kal is finally gonna find out Claire's identity. Can't wait :D
Barion-ZaraFeb 24, 2014 8:14 AM
Feb 24, 2014 8:50 AM

Jan 2009
3:51 rifles vs machine guns… the machine gun pilots are crap. They can't even shoot non-moving planes.

11:57 wtf, ari better not die...

------------------------
1. Seems like the whole secondary cast died in the 1st half. That was awesome.

2. The fatty fat kid mitty should've died together w/ every1 else in this ep.

3. I have respect for series that kill off their characters.

4. Can someone explain why kal-el and friends are being attacked? Is it because they're going to the holy spring or some weird island? I think I fell asleep cuz it got boring

8/10
俺の命を百合に。
Currently translating Sono Hanabira ni Kuchizuke o - Atelier no Koibito-tachi -- when bored.
Above visual novel is 22.22% translated with progress uploaded to youtube; if you're into yuri VNs, check out my channel.
Feb 24, 2014 8:54 AM

Mar 2011
I can only imagine how it feels to see that little defensive circle become smaller and smaller. Fantastic episode...most of the unimportant/minor characters seem to have been killed.
Feb 24, 2014 8:57 AM

Oct 2012
War..... is so full of sadness... I
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 24, 2014 9:39 AM

Jan 2013
Brutal episode. Those horrific deaths... Anxiety and sadness throughout.
Feb 24, 2014 9:41 AM
Mar 2008
That was a bloody massacre :o
Feb 24, 2014 10:16 AM

Nov 2011
Matheine said:
was that Charles Karino? (from Toaru Hikuushi e no Tsuioku) (Blue fighter Seagull)

I'm glad I wasn't the only one thinking this. There could be a possibility.
Feb 24, 2014 10:19 AM
Jan 2014
Damn, I can't believe it. Fana from the the other novel Toaru Hikushi e no Tsuioku (with a movie adaptation I think), was in this anime? That was really astonishing.

I really thought at first sight that the blue plane that saved Kal-el was Santa Cruz with Charles Karino flying itlol, but that's not a two-seater reconnaissance plane. Both Koiuta and Tsuioku are really epic. I'm glad they share the same universe. I hope I can see Fana in this anime :D

This is a really good episode. I'll give it 10/10.
Feb 24, 2014 10:21 AM

Oct 2010
I found Kal and Ari to have had better moments this episode than Kal and Claire have had all season combined, they were great. It seems that Kal may have discovered who Claire really is next episode judging by what Ignacio said, should be interesting.
Feb 24, 2014 10:25 AM

Sep 2013
billybob300c said:

8/10

am with u in that.

and i love this knd of anime which there too many characters , the main characters not overwhelm the other characters.

this episode was 100% great , but am exited to know more about Fana Levamme.
Feb 24, 2014 10:33 AM

Apr 2012
Shit wasn't expecting their whole platoon to get wiped out. Who was that in the blue single seater fighter jet?

Overall i was very pleased with the action in this episode

Feb 24, 2014 10:36 AM

Dec 2012
Okay,I'm done with this. Too heartbreaking for my weak heart. I really thought Ari died,thanks God.
So,are they planning on killing all the minor characters now and the main left for final? Wow.
Feb 24, 2014 10:36 AM

Apr 2012
mezzo12 said:
billybob300c said:

8/10

am with u in that.

and i love this knd of anime which there too many characters , the main characters not overwhelm the other characters.

this episode was 100% great , but am exited to know more about Fana Levamme.

not anymore lel they trimmed down the cast these past 2 episodes XD

Feb 24, 2014 10:46 AM

Apr 2009
Oh shit, Fausto died way earlier than I expected. And in far more brutal fashion as well.

Next week: NINA VIENTOOO
Feb 24, 2014 11:12 AM
Lewd Depresso

Jul 2008
Matheine said:

I kinda think and hope same xD... mby a legendary fighter shows up in this universe..,, I kinda hope that Kal'el has some sort of "power of" etc..
Feb 24, 2014 11:13 AM

May 2010
draker said:
That was a bloody massacre :o

without any blood.(well except Airis shoulder) even headshots just leave a hole + smoke ^^

doesnt matter tho. great episode. that seagull fighter from the spin-off movie..that was epic.
Feb 24, 2014 11:27 AM

Dec 2013
Woah shit!

The entirety of Fausto's platoon got massacred, but the ones that hit home were Wolfgang and Faust for protecting Kal and Ari.
Noble cadets: All wiped out
Commoner cadets: 3 fatalities

Don't really understand what you guys are talking about regarding the seagull fighter and the name on the letter. Someone care to enlighten (PM if its too spoiler-y)?

Ari-Kal moment at the end, I didn't expect Ari to be so strong. Didn't expect Ignacio to put his job in jeopardy either with the stunt with Claire.

Next episode is gonna be epic! Kal in the preview didn't seem to know yet (looked like he was chasing Claire for an answer or something). I wanna see his true reaction when he finds out.
HESTIAAPPROVES
Feb 24, 2014 11:44 AM
Jan 2013
Let's see, the students are armed with rifles and they're up against Stukas, Bf-107's and Focke Wulf's with machine guns and canon, why kind of a joke does this anime's director coming up.

RIP to Fausto and wolfgang.

I wonder who is the one who saved Kal-el.
Feb 24, 2014 11:47 AM
Mar 2012
This show went totally shit storm in two episodes... death to the left to the right.
Feb 24, 2014 11:51 AM
Content Admin
Overkilled Red

Aug 2013
That was some epic dogfight!

Ignacio was cool; shooting down those enemies in the forest.

Respect for Wolf, Fausto and Marco. Didn't think they'd die this early. R.I.P. The sacrifice wasn't totally in vain.

Ari was badass this episode. Continued to fight even after being wounded and being supportive to Kal. That was amazing.
For a moment though, I thought they were gonna be shot down. Lucky for them, that Blue Seagull was totally badass; taking down all 3 Silver Foxes like nothing.

Hospital scene was nice! Loved Kal & Ari's conversation. Now, they're in a competition of being the younger sibling? XD.
Kal has become the Onii-chan now. Ari was cute teasing him like that! :)

"Seeds of Saint Aldista" wants to solve the "World's Secrets" together? Lets see where this goes in later episodes.

Ignacio always getting cut off at the end of preview is always funny!
Next episode: "Your Name".

Feb 24, 2014 12:01 PM

Feb 2012
wow it'd be crazy if it was charles kirno piloting that sliver fox!! from Toaru Hikuushi e no Tsuioku
They did mention the Levamme empire
Feb 24, 2014 12:34 PM

Jul 2013
Oh wow. So many died this episode.
Ari, almost killed D: Glad she's okay now
Entire platoon got wiped out
But who was in that blue one-seater fighter jet with a seagull image on its side?
Sibling relationship between Karl and Ari, lol. that was damn cute.
Feb 24, 2014 12:38 PM

Apr 2009
As sad as it was seeing half of the cast die, the dogfight was just ridiculous... enemy pilots with four machine guns on every plane vs our trainees in old planes with a single rifle?

Come on, they all would've been wiped out without any casualty on the enemy side.
Feb 24, 2014 12:53 PM

May 2013
They all died...Wolf, Fausto, Mitty...
I'm glad Ari didn't die, this was a pretty saddening episode :(
Feb 24, 2014 1:45 PM

Apr 2012
think i'm going to go watch To Aru Hikūshi e no Tsuioku :D

Feb 24, 2014 2:15 PM

Sep 2013
That was freaking awesome, it drew me in so bad I couldn't take my eyes from my TV and I think I didn't even blink... This series surprised me in many ways, I hope I can give it a 10 at the end.

9/10
Feb 24, 2014 2:27 PM

Jan 2008
Dammit, so many deaths.

I wonder who the ace pilot was, from the Levamme Empire? (The Princess and the Pilot reference?)
Feb 24, 2014 2:50 PM

Nov 2010
RIP Wolf, Fausto and the other canonfodders
Those two seaters were sitting ducks (as one of them mentioned during the fight) compared to the Silver Fox and Blue Seagull

The battle had an air of WW2 overall with trench fights as well
Wouldn't bombing the floating Island from below be more effective?

Ari x Kal moment was nice
Feb 24, 2014 3:01 PM

Jul 2013
Is that you Urobutcher ?

Jokes aside, since I have some little knowlodge from my time playing dogfight simulators, I could even feel connected to this episode.
I mean, all I was thinking was how those planes with machine guns took so long to destroy sitting ducks with mostly bolt action rifles.
The guy who designed these planes should go to jail.
Feb 24, 2014 3:48 PM

Jan 2010
Everyone's dyinggg. Fana and Charles will finally make their appearances ^^
Feb 24, 2014 3:55 PM

Dec 2013
so much death is this one D:

ps: that spoiler in the end by ignacio haha
Feb 24, 2014 4:10 PM
Jul 2013
Whoa, That episode! The best so far in the series. I was surprised the way in how Fausto and killed Wolfman, was so shocking.
Feb 24, 2014 4:43 PM

Mar 2013
Stark700 said:
Matheine said:

I'm glad I wasn't the only one thinking this. There could be a possibility.

If it wasn't Charles Karino, it's definitely a pilot with skills equivalent to him, since the pilot was able to perform the same manoeuvre as Charles Karino at the battle against the Shinden.
I will prove to you that I am the supreme ruler of Heaven! Maoh Shakumesujin!
Feb 24, 2014 5:01 PM

May 2013
SixFlags said:
As sad as it was seeing half of the cast die, the dogfight was just ridiculous... enemy pilots with four machine guns on every plane vs our trainees in old planes with a single rifle?

Come on, they all would've been wiped out without any casualty on the enemy side.

Kal's plot armor also bothered me. His plane got hit with so many bullets and survived while most other planes went down in one hit. It was still the best episode of the series IMO despite the shortcomings. Interested in watching the movie set in the same universe now after seeing the jet that saved Kal.
"Listen Simon... Don't forget. Believe in yourself. Not in the you who believes in me. Not the me who believes in you. Believe in the you who believes in yourself." ~ Kamina (TTGL)

“You should enjoy the little detours. To the fullest. Because that’s where you’ll find the things more important than what you want.” ~ Ging (HxH)
Feb 24, 2014 5:08 PM
Jan 2012
The second coming of valvrave: Everybody dies.
Feb 24, 2014 5:11 PM

Jan 2011
Amarrez said:
Oh shit, Fausto died way earlier than I expected. And in far more brutal fashion as well.

Next week:[...]

dammit,DONT SPOIL THE NEXT EPISODE!!! there are spoiler tags for that. this is the thread about this episode,NOT the next!

the enemy pilots with the integrated machine guns have to aim with tis guns attached in/on the airplane, so it should be some kind of difficult to aim straight. i think the gunmen on the school planes have a little easier job to do that. and the enemy pilots arent machines either, they are human and also a little bit scared and nervous becausethey can die too. ;p

the blue plane was great. ;D and the scene in the hospital was nice. "onii-chan" ^^ but yea, war is cruel ... remember, something like that happens right now somewhere in the world ... =(
Feb 24, 2014 5:50 PM

Jul 2013
Zeally said:
think i'm going to go watch To Aru Hikūshi e no Tsuioku :D
Same.
Feb 24, 2014 6:00 PM
Jul 2018
The aircraft battles were pretty good. Too many sacrifices in this episode, and was pretty sad.

That Blue Seagull pilot was a badass.
Feb 24, 2014 6:07 PM

Oct 2010
Best action scene of the season. God damn those fights were amazing.
KougeruFeb 24, 2014 6:13 PM
Feb 24, 2014 6:22 PM

Jul 2012
All the death in this episode. This is war!

Great episode!!!
Feb 24, 2014 6:28 PM

Aug 2013
I didn't expect Fausto to die like that omg. He got destroyed. I was like O____O Is Wolfgang really dead...and what about his pilot? The plane didn't explode but but... T___T

I knew Ari wouldn't die but with all the sudden deaths, I wasn't so sure. I was holding my breath and was like F*ck yeah she's alive! I was so ready to close the tab if she wasn't lol
"May those who accept their fate be granted happiness."

"May those who defy their fate be granted glory."
Feb 24, 2014 6:29 PM

Aug 2013
Heart breaking episode ;; I don't know what to expect anymore...
There is still a lot to reveal and the next episode seems very emotional as well ;;
and yeah enough military for now, please focus on character development, and don't kill them anymore!! Although I respect shows that have guts to kill their characters...
The ending song also suggests it will not end well for Kal and Claire so *sighs*

*spirals into emotional vortex*
Feb 24, 2014 6:31 PM

Dec 2008
That flight school is RATCHET AS HELL!!! I still cannot believe that they sent trainees into the midst of battle with shitty planes and shot guns to go up against seasoned pilots with planes made of real steel and automatic weapons. They should be sued, lose their accredidation, and shut down!

So many deaths this episode...

Sent with Mal Updater
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Toaru Hikuushi e no Koiuta Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Amarrez - Mar 31, 2014

191 by Alkimia »»
Feb 23, 11:16 AM

Poll: » Toaru Hikuushi e no Koiuta Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 24, 2014

111 by Alkimia »»
Feb 23, 10:38 AM

Poll: » Toaru Hikuushi e no Koiuta Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 10, 2014

81 by Alkimia »»
Feb 22, 7:55 PM

Poll: » Toaru Hikuushi e no Koiuta Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jan 27, 2014

189 by Alkimia »»
Feb 22, 2:03 PM

» Is it one big love triangle?

Gamewolf - Mar 23, 2014

12 by ZGUEGCHOV »»
Feb 25, 2022 1:23 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.