Forum Settings
Forums

TV Anime of VN Game 'Robotics;Notes' Announced

New
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Mar 30, 2012 8:47 AM

Jul 2009
Solkiskey said:
Detective said:
Sounds exactly like Steins;Gate. Can't we have a Saya anime instead? Ugh.

lolwat did you even read the real synopsis? It's not like S;G at all.
jmal said:
Detective said:

"Robotics;Notes is set in 2019 on Tanegashima, an island to the south of Kyuushuu in southern Japan. The game's theme will be centered around robots and the question "What would happen if you really tried to make a giant robot?""

Uh huh. Exactly like Steins;Gate.

...What?

It's a Sci-Fi set in Japan, near current day, about a small group of eccentric people tinkering with machines that end up changing the fate of their lives. You can tinker with certain plot elements but let's be honest here, they are surprisingly similar and I would just hope that Nitro+ doesn't get caught up in making Sci-Fi anime because they have a knack for all sorts of stories. "If it ain't broke, don't fix it" seems to be a really common trend in anime today and it's really hindering the medium.

If you want more of the same then I'm sure Robotics;Notes will be a very enjoyable watch. Also don't be so butthurt that when I question an eight line synopsis you have to defend it. Chaos;head was shit and everyone has seemingly forgotten about that...

Also: "Written in that report is the indictment of someone named Kimishima Kou's conspiracy involving the world." Hm.
DetectiveMar 30, 2012 8:53 AM
Mar 30, 2012 8:50 AM

Nov 2007
Kinda interesting.
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Mar 30, 2012 8:58 AM

Jan 2008
If you guys haven't been told, it's the 3rd series of Science Adventure series by 5pb an d Nitro+.

First was Chaos;Head, second was Steins;Gate and third is Robotic;Notes.

To be honest, I'm not sure what to expect. C;H was complete garbage while S;G was completely amazing.
Mar 30, 2012 9:00 AM
Dec 2008
YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS
MY BODY WASNT READY FOR THIS
ANOTHER STEINS;GATE LEVEL GODLY ANIME IN OCTOBER
F*** YEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
Mar 30, 2012 9:00 AM

Jul 2010
Steins;Gate was great. Definitely gonna give this a shot.

Mar 30, 2012 9:03 AM

Jan 2010
OMGGGG
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 30, 2012 9:04 AM

Apr 2010
Detective said:
Solkiskey said:
Detective said:

lolwat did you even read the real synopsis? It's not like S;G at all.
jmal said:
Detective said:

"Robotics;Notes is set in 2019 on Tanegashima, an island to the south of Kyuushuu in southern Japan. The game's theme will be centered around robots and the question "What would happen if you really tried to make a giant robot?""

Uh huh. Exactly like Steins;Gate.

...What?

It's a Sci-Fi set in Japan, near current day, about a small group of eccentric people tinkering with machines that end up changing the fate of their lives. You can tinker with certain plot elements but let's be honest here, they are surprisingly similar and I would just hope that Nitro+ doesn't get caught up in making Sci-Fi anime because they have a knack for all sorts of stories. "If it ain't broke, don't fix it" seems to be a really common trend in anime today and it's really hindering the medium.

If you want more of the same then I'm sure Robotics;Notes will be a very enjoyable watch. Also don't be so butthurt that when I question an eight line synopsis you have to defend it. Chaos;head was shit and everyone has seemingly forgotten about that...

Also: "Written in that report is the indictment of someone named Kimishima Kou's conspiracy involving the world." Hm.

Of course I'm going to defend it, because I don't think it sounds similar.

Butthurt? lol. Seems like when someone disagrees with you, they'e automatically butthurt.

Conspiracies have been there since Chaos;Head, it's a running theme of the Science ADV series. Nothing wrong with that.
Mar 30, 2012 9:28 AM

Nov 2011
Shut up and take my fucking money.

Well, I'll be watching this for sure.
Mar 30, 2012 9:30 AM
Jul 2010
A must watch for me.
Mar 30, 2012 9:42 AM

Sep 2011
i'll give it a shot.

Mar 30, 2012 9:48 AM
Jul 2018
Excellent. I heard some good stuff about this during Steins Gate's run so I am very interested in seeing this.
Mar 30, 2012 9:49 AM

Apr 2010
I don't get why people think a Saya anime is even possible. Either it would be censored to the point of unrecognizability or it would be a hentai OVA.

Mar 30, 2012 9:59 AM

Jan 2010
Rather than anime adaptation, I'm more excited to play the game first.

Mar 30, 2012 10:09 AM
Nov 2011
Sure, why not?
Mar 30, 2012 10:12 AM
Observer

Nov 2007
GaZsTiC said:
RyanSaotome said:
I don't get why people think a Saya anime is even possible. Either it would be censored to the point of unrecognizability or it would be a hentai OVA.

Remove the sex parts of the story, and censor the TV airing.

Or, as you said, simply release it as a hentai OVA series.

Well the problem is that hentai series usually don't have large budgets...

With censors the series might as well be just 100% randomly generated mosaics. Not need for animation then :/
bla bla bla
The endless debate between fans and haters. At one point, after spending a lot of time on MAL, you just realize it's totally pointless.
Niko-kun said:
On MAL, everyone who has used the lame rating system becomes a critic and an intellectual by default, haven't you heard?
Mar 30, 2012 10:14 AM

Dec 2009
I don't know why, but Psycho-Pass caught my attention. Will be looking forward to it. ~
Mar 30, 2012 10:18 AM

Aug 2009
wakka9ca said:
GaZsTiC said:
RyanSaotome said:

With censors the series might as well be just 100% randomly generated mosaics. Not need for animation then :/

Saya no Uta as a full TV anime would be possible, including the sex scenes. Just look at Yosuga no Sora, that's borderline hentai aired on TV.
Mar 30, 2012 10:24 AM

Jun 2011
I'll watch it because of S;G
tfw no gf
tfw i keep getting the banhammer on here
tfw Koleare keeps banning me every other day
tfw I'm misunderstood by le mod
Mar 30, 2012 10:34 AM

Dec 2008
STM said:
wakka9ca said:
GaZsTiC said:
RyanSaotome said:

Saya no Uta as a full TV anime would be possible, including the sex scenes. Just look at Yosuga no Sora, that's borderline hentai aired on TV.

I actually don't think a Saya no Uta anime is possible as wouldn't it be a bit too disgusting since most of the anime will be from Fuminori's POV, watching 21 minutes of flesh, guts, organs, grubby monsters is kind of... yeah.

Tonight... we are young... so let's set the world on fire, we can burn brighter, than the sun...
Mar 30, 2012 11:14 AM

Nov 2010
Why the heck people still wanting Saya no Uta anime series?
Do you watch...for example...Fate/Zero? They censor every internal organ that supposed to be shown in the story.

Now, do you even remember Saya no Uta? It literally has internal organ all over the background almost every time. I can give mosaics to every part of an 25 minute random anime and alter the voice, then we have Saya no Uta TV series. OVA? Not sure if there's a hope for that to have good quality.

As for people who keep wishing for R;N to be like S;G and NOT C;H, please be reminded that C;H VN wasn't bad. It's just another case of adaptation failure, so the original story is not the party to be blamed.
Mar 30, 2012 11:15 AM

Feb 2010
Yep, I am probably going to check this out. It seems pretty interesting and I'm sure it won't be just a typical giant robot anime.
Mar 30, 2012 11:16 AM

Feb 2009
OH FUCK YES. OH MAN OH MAN OH MAN.

S;G is my favourite anime... uh, ever, pretty much. Robotics;Notes + noitaminA = HOOOOOOORY SHIT. Hope this means it won't be doomed to shittiness like C;H's anime.
Mar 30, 2012 11:21 AM

Feb 2008
Robots are not my cup of tea but even so I'm sure I'll come to watch it just because I loved Steins;Gate <3
Mar 30, 2012 11:45 AM

Jul 2010
if it's as good as steins;gate sure i'll give it a try. :D

Mar 30, 2012 11:57 AM

Jun 2011
ill definitly watch it.
Mar 30, 2012 12:03 PM

Mar 2011
Now I understand why Nitro+ took part in Guilty Crown creation.
Let's hope it will be a decent adaptation.

Mar 30, 2012 12:06 PM
Oct 2010
Robotics;no- what the hell is with those names? What's next, Instructors;manual? Anyway, I will certainly take a look at this one, silly title notwithstanding.
Mar 30, 2012 12:10 PM

Mar 2011
hentai_proxy said:
Robotics;no- what the hell is with those names? What's next, Instructors;manual? Anyway, I will certainly take a look at this one, silly title notwithstanding.

Dunno. I like that naming style, and Robotics;Notes sounds good. But Chaos;Head still sounds much better.

Mar 30, 2012 12:15 PM

Jan 2010
Let's just hope this isn't another highly anticipated Production IG title that ends up being incredibly mediocre.

Nitro+ hasn't had a very good track record either, Steins;Gate is their only good adaption. Also no, Fate/Zero is hardly considered Nitro+.
Ok™
Mar 30, 2012 12:22 PM

Apr 2010
McRib said:
Let's just hope this isn't another highly anticipated Production IG title that ends up being incredibly mediocre.

Nitro+ hasn't had a very good track record either, Steins;Gate is their only good adaption. Also no, Fate/Zero is hardly considered Nitro+.

If you can't consider Fate/Zero Nitro+, you can't count Steins;Gate as Nitro+ either. Its more of a 5pb project with Nitro+ helping.

Mar 30, 2012 1:09 PM

Jul 2008
I would guess it will be better than the train wreck that was Chaos;Head but it will not live up to Steins;Gate.
Mar 30, 2012 2:09 PM

Feb 2008
This was expected, but goddamn. Airing only 3 months after the game comes out. I'm not expecting another S;G here but it should be decent enough.
Mar 30, 2012 2:14 PM

Jun 2011
Not sure how to feel about the game trailer on Youtube, it honestly looks pretty bad. But, I'll keep an eye on this to see how it plays out either way.
Mar 30, 2012 2:20 PM

Apr 2010
Of course, why would you NOT animate the sequel to Steins;Gate? Naturally I'll watch it.

Mar 30, 2012 2:28 PM

Aug 2010
May watch because of the "Nitro+" and "noitaminA" parts
I'm the king... of Fujoshi Land!!
Mar 30, 2012 3:20 PM

Jul 2009
GarLogan78 said:
I would guess it will be better than the train wreck that was Chaos;Head but it will not live up to Steins;Gate.

Don't sell yourself short, we don't even have the source material yet.

If Production I.G. even have a smidgen of a hand in this project, however? I'd consider my hopes personally dashed, because I'm not going to even bother if it ends like Chaos;Head all over again. NoitaminA doesn't exactly have a great track record lately either: see Black Rock Shooter, [C]: The Money of Soul and Possibility Control.

| Nothing is at it seems. |
Mar 30, 2012 3:37 PM
Jul 2018
LOL Look at the Wiki page for it. On the side it says 'Platform - PS2'.
Mar 30, 2012 3:41 PM

Jul 2007
Holy crap, that was fast.

Bring it on, noitamina.
My first novel, Kardia has been published! Click here to read!
Mar 30, 2012 3:50 PM

Mar 2011
Please be more like S;G, please be more like S;G!!!!!!!!
Mar 30, 2012 3:55 PM

Mar 2010
I saw on vndb that this visual novel was coming out and I was just waiting for these news of an anime to come, only that I didn't think that it would come out this fast.

And I will watch this for sure and I hope that it will give Steins;Gate a run for it's money.
Mar 30, 2012 3:56 PM
Jul 2018
This is great and everything, but why is it airing in noitaminA...
Mar 30, 2012 6:22 PM

Oct 2009
aziza said:

Yeah I was wondering about that. But guess it for Money again. And I thought Noitamina was going back on its track.
I have poorly English grammar, so for give me. I still learning.
-....Loading.....
Mar 30, 2012 6:28 PM

Jul 2011
I totally knew this was gonna come out. I hope it's good.
Mar 30, 2012 6:40 PM

Mar 2009
Sanguis said:
Not sure how to feel about the game trailer on Youtube, it honestly looks pretty bad. But, I'll keep an eye on this to see how it plays out either way.

Yeah, it wasn't anything special. In any case - and I'm sure many have said this already - I hope it's more like Steins;Gate and nothing like Chaos;Head.
Mar 30, 2012 7:09 PM

Aug 2010
I have great expectations due to the incredible success of its predecessor, Steins;Gate. Let's see what the future has in store for the new set of heroes...
Mar 30, 2012 7:11 PM

Nov 2007
In the week of such sadness (Gintama', Chihayafuru, Natsume, Danshi and few other great shows ending), we got two great news. First LB, and now R;N.
Stay Home and Wash Your Hands.
Protect Yourself. Protect Your Loved Ones.
Protect Your Community and Help Defeat
Coronavirus.
Mar 30, 2012 8:16 PM

Apr 2010
aziza said:

Theres nothing but typical Noitamina anime for the next 2 seasons. Be happy for that.

Mar 30, 2012 11:05 PM
Dec 2008
Until then... -waits
Mar 30, 2012 11:36 PM

Dec 2010
Happy about this. Just hope there aren't as many derpy moments in the animation as steins;gate.
Mar 30, 2012 11:43 PM

Feb 2011
Hopefully it doesn't pull a Bioware and get our hopes up, then make the last 10 minutes Space Magic.
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

» 'Make Heroine ga Oosugiru!' Unveils Additional Cast, Second Promo

DatRandomDude - Yesterday

1 by CocoaGalaxy »»
3 hours ago

» Animation Studio Gainax Declares Bankruptcy

Vindstot - Yesterday

26 by RobertBobert »»
5 hours ago

» Fourth Season of 'Osomatsu-san' Announced

Vindstot - Jun 6

19 by Sondo »»
7 hours ago

» 'Mob kara Hajimaru Tansaku Eiyuutan' Reveals Additional Cast

Nioxys - Today

2 by Yubisoft »»
Today, 6:20 AM

» 'Mecha-ude' Unveils Additional Cast

Nioxys - Today

1 by deg »»
Today, 4:01 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.