Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Jul 2, 2014 9:31 PM

Sep 2011
So many great characters are dying, I'm glad it seems like for the moment oliver somehow was able to survive, hopefully this will be the long needed end to the bloodshed.

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Aug 12, 2014 2:17 PM

Nov 2013
Tsukaji said:
Finally Schenkopp died. This should have happened around 90 episodes ago. Rosenrittens were very boring to watch as they always won.

I'll admit the Rosenritter are pretty ridiculous and are one of the few things which shed negative light on the series, but Schenkopp was way too cool of a character to kill off that early. I liked his conversations between pretty much every member of the Yang fleet.
the official MAL hall of fame/cursed comments is now open for business - you are welcome to PM me any potential quotes to include
Dec 7, 2014 2:12 PM

Mar 2012
Shit just went full Tomino.
Dec 21, 2014 11:06 AM

Oct 2013
Death scene was so dumb.
Jan 9, 2015 12:54 AM

Jan 2014
I was expecting a lot of bloodshed and characters to be offed one by one, and I certainly wasn't disappointed. Even in the order of deaths.
"Let Justice Be Done!"

My Theme
Fight again, fight again for justice!
Feb 7, 2015 10:20 AM
Aug 2011
Damn, many a badasses were lost here.
Fucking Poplan though lol, I thought we were going to lose him as well.
If he had died it would have pained me quite a bit because he and Dusty are such BFFs and I have such a ball while watching those two.

That scene were Julian finally comes in to stand front of Reinhard was beautiful.
Mar 16, 2015 1:56 PM

Aug 2014
That was a pretty good ending to the fight, it was satisfying to know that the Rosenritters weren't OP and invincible to the end.
Jun 7, 2015 3:25 PM
Nov 2014
Wow.... Merkatz and Schenkopp ;_;

What a badass way to go out though, gotta love the man.

Well, I think it's time to end an amazing series.
Jun 22, 2015 6:24 PM

May 2012
RIP all those good soldiers! Really great episode though, the episodes in general are also getting longer and I'm not surprised with only 2 more left I really wonder how this will end!
Jul 31, 2015 12:44 AM

Dec 2013
So many great characters dying ;_;

Overall amazing episode! So sad there's only 2 more episodes :(
Aug 16, 2015 1:41 AM

Feb 2008
The writers really hate FPA haha. FPA lost so many characters this episode, while Empire lost none. Too bad that both Mashengo and Schoenkopf had to die the same episode. At least Poplan survived.

"Your sight, my delight. Will you marry me?"
Aug 28, 2015 11:37 AM

May 2012
RIP Merkatz, Schenkopp, and Mashengo
Cant believe they killed the black guy, he almost made it
Oct 20, 2015 1:01 PM

Feb 2014
Oh now you can shoot through armor
Jan 30, 2016 11:14 AM

Dec 2012
Merkatz...no...and god dammit, SCHENKOPP!!!! Done in by a chubby coward, it's too cruel how these characters meet their ends. It really got me when he thought of Katerose's mother. Even though he always wrote it off as a short-term fling, it seems she was far more precious to him than he realized.

I was holding my breath when Julian met Reinhard. Only two episodes left, I want to believe this is finally the time for epilogues but there's still the lingering Terraists which leaves the door open for so much.
Jan 31, 2016 3:48 AM

Nov 2013
The Rosenritter were just splendid the whole show through, I just loved all those fierce hand-to-hand battles with Scenkopps comments, and the gore... Although perhaps they were a bit unrealistically overpowered, they were fun to watch, and they did meet their end at last.

Many died, but they almost seemed to enjoy their deaths. It'll be interesting to see who survives this bloody mess - it wouldn't surprise me if both Julian and Reinhard would die.
Jun 25, 2016 12:57 PM

Aug 2014
So much fucking deaths!
R.I.P Merkatz, Mashengo (my nigga), Schenkopp...you won't be forgotten!

Cody said:
Why didn't I see the death flags? It was so obvious. Being black. Such oppression. RIP Mashengo.

LMAO! Everytime I saw that he would survived time after time during his bodyguard duties for Frederica and Julian in earlier episodes, I always thought he was going to make it to the end...oh boy I was so wrong.

Hopefully he gives Yang a piece of his mind in Valhalla for his racist remarks haha.
KashKetchumJun 25, 2016 1:20 PM
Aug 6, 2016 12:06 AM

Jun 2016
R.I.P. Merkatz, the ineffable bastion of aristocracy and dignity. His tribute to foppery and whim was beautiful. R.I.P. Schenkopp, he died pretty much undefeated in melee combat, what a hero. R.I.P. Mashengo, who was clearly given faulty armour.

I chuckled at the final door opening automatically for Julian. I can imagine Reinhard getting dressed, sitting on the chair, fixing his hair and then saying "Yup, I'm ready to be fabulous, open that door now."

Julian disappointed me by fainting in what was shaping up to be an epic conversation. I hope it continues in the next episode.
Oct 27, 2016 10:52 AM
Mar 2013
say it
Say it
SAY ET
-he didn't say it-
*wait*
*wait*
*pewpewpew*
He said it ;-;
Nov 12, 2016 5:41 PM

Aug 2014
The beast Schenkopp is gone, even though the plot helped him at some points, I have to admit that he was a cool badass mofo.
Excellent Episode, very intense.
Jan 17, 2017 4:55 AM

Apr 2016
Didn't expect the alliance to suffer this much, yet i feel like they're a bit rushed, unlike the Empire side where the heroes fall every 10-20 episode or so. However, The execution is still brilliant nonetheless.

I really like Merkatz since the beginning of the show, he was cool, true noble and respectful, as he didn't look down on Reinhard unlike many other Nobles just because Reinhard's young, ambitous, talented. The way the speak, his gesture is awesome, but his personality is pretty much complicated like Oberstein, Reuental. The show quite focused on Merkatz in the beginning but soon he got left behind by others and barely get any development, which is a shame. *salute* to he man, he got what he wants, to die gloriously just like many other heroes in this era.

I like Schenkopp a bit for his rough personality (yes he's pretty much like Reuental, prefer brute force) yet sometimes he made good statement about democracy vs autocracy. Despite the fact that he and his gang are a little bit OP, but he definitely got one hell of a dying scene, i still prefer Lutz when he died while standing. *salute* to the man, he led an rather stormy life and yet he had no regret, really respect his will and decision.

Almost fell of my chair when i see Reinhard sitting on the chair already and wait for Julian lol, his pride is probably the biggest one in the universe, yet it's stilla feast for the eye to see such delicate scene, the leader of both side confronting each other, having a decent talk after all the mess they went through. The show is coming to an end and this is definitely one of the highlight.

Mar 29, 2017 1:29 PM

Feb 2015
Couldn't even finish this episode, that's how full of BS this was. A handful of people enter the enemy mothership and mow their way through overwhelming numbers of enemies like it's nothing. Lol, even Julian who isn't even trained as a soldier can grab an axe and just swing away at the incompetent Imperials. This is honestly worse than battle shounen level of BS. I'd take a shounen friendship speech and power-up anytime of the day over the insane Republican bias this show has.

Even with just 2 episodes left, there's just no point in continue watching. We all know Reinhard will die at this point. Julian will probably be recognised for his skill and bravery and whatnot and be spared (and in the worst case be given back Heinessen). It'll be a happy end, for the Republicans, at least. Not one worth watching.
Mar 29, 2017 7:41 PM

Jun 2013
Milennin said:
Lol, even Julian who isn't even trained as a soldier can grab an axe and just swing away at the incompetent Imperials. This is honestly worse than battle shounen level of BS. I'd take a shounen friendship speech and power-up anytime of the day over the insane Republican bias this show has.

I hope you are just being facetious about Julian being untrained, because he had in fact been trained in marksmanship and close quarters combat by the Rosen Ritter and is considered as good enough to be their "associate" (see episode 39).
Mar 29, 2017 11:51 PM

Apr 2016
Milennin said:
Couldn't even finish this episode, that's how full of BS this was. A handful of people enter the enemy mothership and mow their way through overwhelming numbers of enemies like it's nothing. Lol, even Julian who isn't even trained as a soldier can grab an axe and just swing away at the incompetent Imperials. This is honestly worse than battle shounen level of BS. I'd take a shounen friendship speech and power-up anytime of the day over the insane Republican bias this show has.

Even with just 2 episodes left, there's just no point in continue watching. We all know Reinhard will die at this point. Julian will probably be recognised for his skill and bravery and whatnot and be spared (and in the worst case be given back Heinessen). It'll be a happy end, for the Republicans, at least. Not one worth watching.

Too bad then, i admire your patience for being able to pull 108 episode with little enjoyment. Just 2 episode left, give it a try, at least you can fast forward to see the ending lol.
Mar 30, 2017 1:02 AM

Feb 2015
MagisterArcanum said:
I hope you are just being facetious about Julian being untrained, because he had in fact been trained in marksmanship and close quarters combat by the Rosen Ritter and is considered as good enough to be their "associate" (see episode 39).

Really? That's a long time ago. But see, we never see him actually training and honing his skills. We never see his progress in combat skills grow throughout the series. In combat, he's always sitting at Yang's side, and after that he is doing the commanding himself. He just somehow got good at swinging an axe (unlike any of the trained soldiers at the Empire), even though his role isn't that of a foot soldier.
(Come to mention it, I do remember a few scenes of him training. But yeah, it's pretty much left at that, and never builds on it. Just because he was trained a couple of years ago by the best, doesn't mean he should be able to plow through hordes of trained soldiers all by himself.)

CzeroC said:
Too bad then, i admire your patience for being able to pull 108 episode with little enjoyment. Just 2 episode left, give it a try, at least you can fast forward to see the ending lol.

There were plenty of episodes that were enjoyable, so it's not really that. I'm just sad they went for the weakest ending possible and denied the Empire its victory, despite the fact it had a massive advantage the whole way through. This show goes so far out of its way to favour the Republicans every single time, it just feels unfair, and it's difficult to take it seriously, when battles never really came down to strategy, tactics or fleet size in the first place. The only thing that mattered was whether you had Yang or Julian on your side or not. Even though we're constantly being told how skilled and experienced the Imperial commanders are, not a single one ever manages a significant victory. Not even Reinhard himself can win, even though he had 8x the fleet size of that of the Republicans.

If I wanted a bullshit ending, I'd have watched Fairy Tail, but it's not something I wanted from this show. I'd thought this show would be better than that and give us a fair and realistic ending, rather than letting the "good guys" win because they're the underdogs and because Empires are evil.
Mar 31, 2017 4:35 AM

Apr 2016
Milennin said:
There were plenty of episodes that were enjoyable, so it's not really that. I'm just sad they went for the weakest ending possible and denied the Empire its victory, despite the fact it had a massive advantage the whole way through. This show goes so far out of its way to favour the Republicans every single time, it just feels unfair, and it's difficult to take it seriously, when battles never really came down to strategy, tactics or fleet size in the first place. The only thing that mattered was whether you had Yang or Julian on your side or not. Even though we're constantly being told how skilled and experienced the Imperial commanders are, not a single one ever manages a significant victory. Not even Reinhard himself can win, even though he had 8x the fleet size of that of the Republicans.

If I wanted a bullshit ending, I'd have watched Fairy Tail, but it's not something I wanted from this show. I'd thought this show would be better than that and give us a fair and realistic ending, rather than letting the "good guys" win because they're the underdogs and because Empires are evil.

*sigh* i really want to "defend" for the show but it would be too long and might be pointless, so i'll agree-to-disagree. However, there's one thing i'd like to point out for you, probably most fan of LoGH knows this: there's no "good" side here in this epic space opera. If you notice, there's a quote on the 2nd OP: "In every age, in every place, the deeds of men remain the same". My point being, when it comes to war, you can hardly tell who's right or wrong, however it's thanks to the countless deeds that many heroes are bornt, and mankind has evolved this far, hence the title of the anime. The show has many hidden theme behind and the conflict between the 2 side is not the only thing this show is about, but i do respect and understand your opinion, the show is flawed, but take a look at what it had built up after more than 100 episode, you might realize something else. Have a good one.
Mar 31, 2017 6:36 AM

Feb 2015
CzeroC said:
*sigh* i really want to "defend" for the show but it would be too long and might be pointless, so i'll agree-to-disagree. However, there's one thing i'd like to point out for you, probably most fan of LoGH knows this: there's no "good" side here in this epic space opera. If you notice, there's a quote on the 2nd OP: "In every age, in every place, the deeds of men remain the same". My point being, when it comes to war, you can hardly tell who's right or wrong, however it's thanks to the countless deeds that many heroes are bornt, and mankind has evolved this far, hence the title of the anime. The show has many hidden theme behind and the conflict between the 2 side is not the only thing this show is about, but i do respect and understand your opinion, the show is flawed, but take a look at what it had built up after more than 100 episode, you might realize something else. Have a good one.

I do realise there's no "good" side, hence I put "good guys" between quote tags, which is exactly why I found it sad to see the Empire lose in LotGH, because in most stories, Empires are depicted as evil, so people expect to see the Empire lose. It would have been far more interesting to see the Imperial side win for once, but the fact it settled for the underdog victory ruined it for me, especially with how far it went out of its way to humiliate the Empire time and time again.

Another reason I used "good guys" to describe the Republicans is because all of its main cast were depicted as likeable people, with no real character flaws. Yeah, Yang was supposed to be lazy, but this never got in the way of his military activities or anything similarly important. Julian somehow just got good at everything, from being a superior close quarters fighter to a master strategist. Yang's wife picks up the role as politic leader without problems. The 2 pilot characters somehow became legendary dogfighters over the course of the show (the girl is only 17 years old, lol). Everybody on the Republican side - amongst the main crew - was friendly, nice and understanding to each other. Outside of its characters, it's also their military weaknesses that are being downplayed. Like, they never run out of resources, despite being locked in a fortress in the middle of space. They always have enough people to fight their battles, despite thousands dying in a battle. (And yes, they did resort to empty battleships in the last battle which didn't act at all like a regularly manned battleship would, yet nobody in the Empire noticed this and they ran right into the trap regardless.) Even though the show continues to remind us the Republicans are running low on resources during the battles, they never actually have to hold back or run out of anything. They just fire away like crazy and always get to retreat safely when it suits them.

Meanwhile, the Imperial side had characters with real flaws that impacted events in the story (perhaps with the exception of Mittermeyer). Like, Reuental had to pay with his life because he wouldn't let his pride take a hit. Reinhard underperformed in battles or had to stay away from the battlefield because his sickness got in the way. Oberstein was great at what he did, but he was disliked by most of the higher-ups because of his coldness.
Basically, it was like watching real people being put to fight against a bunch of Mary Sues who manage to turn around the tide against all odds, because the writers seem to favour them that much. It felt unfair and undeserved.
Jan 3, 2018 2:47 PM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
First Merkatz died!
After Schenkopt...sad very sad....
....Julian arrived at the Reinharts room and all stopped!!!
Feb 27, 2018 11:23 AM

May 2016
Schenkopp I really wanted him to survive but sadly he died in a really manly way RIP.
Merkatz lived only 63 years he looked way older seriously they should have made him
Look a little bit younger, I didn't really cared for Mashengo since we never got a character
Development for him.

And the fact that Reinhard's life is in danger because of his so called incurable illness, I wonder if can survive till the end.
Mar 29, 2018 12:32 PM

Jun 2015
Manly tears were shed ;_;
*Salute*
Apr 25, 2018 6:17 PM

Sep 2016
Humans cannot go against their fate
CrossAnge

Hey guys check my profile for current airing season anime recommendation (guaranteed best taste)
May 9, 2018 10:58 PM
Jul 2017
Milennin said:
Couldn't even finish this episode, that's how full of BS this was. A handful of people enter the enemy mothership and mow their way through overwhelming numbers of enemies like it's nothing. Lol, even Julian who isn't even trained as a soldier can grab an axe and just swing away at the incompetent Imperials.

yeah, I agree with you, the other episodes were of much higher level than this. The show was 10/10 for me before this series of events. This epi did not touch my kokoro as the others. It just seemed boring. Perhaps I was expecting too much.
do me a kabe-don
May 24, 2018 1:30 AM
Apr 2018
RIP Merkatz. RIP Mashengo. And above all RIP Schenkopp. Damn.

I thought Poplan was going to die too. That would have been one death too many.

Power rankings:

1) Julian. They've basically won. The Empire will have to change for good.
2) Empire. Reinhard is dying of karma and won't be the same again.
3) Earth Cult
4) Rubinski
5) Goldenbaums. Are they going to show up again

MVP: Schenkopp.
Sep 9, 2018 7:44 AM
Site Admin
Aug 2012
Mashengo's death was sad, but I wasn't really saddened by it. I respect him for being a great bodyguard, but that was all he ever was. He wasn't developed as a character for me to feel any connection to him. I didn't care much for Merkatz either. While he was indeed a great admiral, I'd found his reason for going to the FPA to be rather dumb and very stubborn. Lastly, Schenkopp. Lol. I think I might've liked him at one point, not sure, but I definitely didn't like him later on when Rosenritters were winning every single time, as well his overall arrogance. Yes, Reinhard is also the same, but he does it with elegance. I have to say though, I do want to apologize to him for saying that he would kill Reinhard if he had gotten to the Kaiser before Julian. I mean he would, but this episode showed that he respects Julian's wishes. Although still, I do not like his comment about had he had 3 more minutes to fight Reuenthal, he would've take his head and displayed(?) Reuenthal's eyes like jewels...that's just disgusting. I don't care if he meant it as a joke. I would've been happy if Poplan had died

I feel like I'm a cold person...

The scene where Julian arrives at Reinhard's room was great. I liked how Reinhard didn't let Mueller or Mittermeyer help Julain up, making Julian walk over on his own. Whatever is Julian's full proposal is, I look forward to hearing it. What he began to say seemed interesting, something that I believe Reinhard would be willing to accept.

Anyways, I share the same sentiments as Milennin. I really want to see the Empire win because of autocracy's usual negative portrayal in fiction. Here, we have the ideal situation with an amazing leader and great subordinates. But it falling apart due to Reinhard's illness? That's unbearable to see. The character flaws of major characters in the Empire made the said characters very interesting to watch. Far better than those in the FPA having conversations about sleeping or wooing women. I definitely understand people enjoying their antics, it's lighthearted, it can be funny, but I personally can't relate to such conversations.
Nov 13, 2018 7:57 PM

Feb 2017
Rolling out all the expendable deaths in this episode.
Nov 29, 2018 4:41 PM
Apr 2018
I felt bad for Merkatz only: I was never interested in Mashengo and Schenkopp... well, he had to die at some point: he was too powerful.

Well, time to see what Julian has to say.
Apr 16, 2019 6:45 AM

Aug 2017
This episode turned out to be pretty emotional due to all the deaths and the revelation about Reinhard's illness.
I don't really want to nitpick here, but why and where did Poplan lose his axe so that he needed to fight with bare hands? In the previous scene he was fighting through the Imperials with it. Although I can come up with some explanations (like, his axe was shot by a laser and he didn't have a chance to pick another one from the floor because of the crossfire and escaped from the overwhelming Imperials chasing him and Julian with bare hands), this looks like a plothole. Not very serious though. Also, Julian could've just smashed Kisling with his axe while he was fighting with Poplan, but I guess it's not honorable and everything.
Dec 1, 2019 8:51 PM

Oct 2012
Damn not Admiral Merkatz and his subordinate :(
They outlive so many Empire's Admirals, I guess they're satisfied already
I kinda wish he lived till the end

RIP Mashengo and Schenkopp
It was always a shame when many characters flopped dead so suddenly at the same time
"Signature removed"
Jan 6, 2020 5:08 PM

Nov 2016
I was ready for some deaths, but this was overkill ;_;

Merkatz was on my list of characters whose death I was anticipating. He was a reapectable man till the very end.

Mashengo's sacrifice was also someting I imagined could happen. Liked him since he saved Frederica back then, definitely sad to see him gone.

And as for Schenkopp. Retrospectively, there were tons of flags, but the moment where he was hit off guard still shocked me. Wanted to see him as granpda so badly.. bye bye you loveable asshole.

Big fat R.I.P.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Feb 27, 2020 9:25 PM

Jun 2016
Alot of deaths in this episode: Merkatz, Mashengo, Schenkopp...
At least they got to die fighting. Looking forward to the last two episodes.
May 2, 2020 4:12 AM

Oct 2011
i miss you already schenkopp :(
May 7, 2020 10:12 PM

Dec 2019
Damn, this had to be one of the best and emotional episodes in the entire show, salute to everyone that died in glory, Merkatz, Schenkopp, Mashengo and that other blonde guy the friend of Schenkopp i don't remember his name, 2 episodes left, oh boy i can't even imagine how this show will come to an end!
                                                         🖤   

Jun 4, 2020 1:11 PM

Jul 2019
RIP bad boy Schenkopp, racist caricature Mashengo, and Charles Bronson Merkatz. You were all badly written yet kind of charming characters.
Sep 11, 2020 8:38 PM

Apr 2015
too many deaths. too many tears.
Jan 8, 2021 10:41 PM
Jun 2017
Three more death flags have arisen at half mast: Merkatz's, Mashengo's and Schenkopp's, which gave their lives bravely. I couldn't help but salute them all. In any way, their deaths were inevitable, and even if they were too OP for everyone's good (and particularly for Schenkopp, not really my favorite character from the republican side), no one can deny they had their fair share of heroism.

Even as I felt that the Alliance's side narrative was growing boring after Yang's death, it's true these characters managed to keep it afloat. Nevertheless, the Brunhilde was really a bloodthirsty maiden.

I must applaud the fact that, even in the face or death or bedridden by an unknown disease, Reinhard never lets go of his great glory and magnanimity. Seeing how he demanded Julian to go directly to him, when one was soaked in blood and the other boiling with fever showcases how he is no doubt the brightest (blightest?) star in the heavenly (heavenry?) screen.

I must manifest my utterly disappointment at the continuous portrayal of the imperial ground forces as useless "screaming logs". It's a shame they were useless until the very end, and, on the other hand, the Rosenritter too OP. No one could ever comprehend my satisfaction after I saw all of them lying dead on the floor.

I wholeheartedly agree with the ones saying this show suffers from a very indecent republican bias. Why is that the odds where always in the FPA's favour then and of the IRG's now? Even when they were in the most dire of situations, they always managed to slip out of them. I gave it all to them taking into account how was Yang's character designed as the "Magician", but I cannot stand to see how this seemingly inexhaustible source of luck keeps on running ever after his death.

I also share the views in the perception given of the imperial autocracy and the republican democracy. Even so, I already shared my views on the "everyone wants the imperial rule, but imposing democracy by force is the right thing to do! (even if it's bluntly undemocratic!)" paradox, so I won't write them down here again (sorry). Nonetheless, aside from this dispute, I had always hoped for the Empire to win. I always saw the Imperial side of the story as fairly more enjoyable and interesting, with a diverse cast of characters and a sense of depth in it's narrative. The democratic side had... likeable characters. Unlike the Imperials, which always faced the weight of the consequences of their actions (Reuental fell to his pride, Reinhard was haunted by Westerland, Lang fell to his schemes, Lennenkampt, Grillpalzer and many more), the republicans always seemed to go on nonchalantly, which was even more accentuated after Yang's death. The boomerang consequences' effects weren't felt as strongly as it happened to the other side, as shown with Fork and Truniht. The only instance where actions led up to reasonable tragic consequences was in the plot that ultimately led to Yang's flight from Heinessen and, the rest abbreviated, his death.

I can only wonder what will happen with the republicans. There is no way they can be granted excessive concessions, given their small size and negligible armed forces after this battle. The only thing I can do is to hope the Empire wins as good as possible.

Anyway, there are only two episodes left. Now that Julian came for negotiations, peace will finally be achieved. After 108 episodes of foreshadowing, at least he got reunited with Reinhard. Even so, I'm afraid his gold embroidered death flag will inevitably rise on top of them all. This series is coming to an end, and we must keep on being faithful witnesses.
PaulotronatorJan 9, 2021 7:46 PM
Feb 27, 2021 2:14 PM

Aug 2018
People started dropping like flies but I at least wanted Schenkopp to make it to the end of the series
_______I like rocks__
Mar 21, 2021 1:34 AM

Aug 2017
Julian is the best character
Aug 5, 2021 8:05 AM

Aug 2013
RIP Schenkopp. I can't believe I had to witness the end of a legend. :(

Man was this a bloodbath...

Oct 23, 2021 2:02 PM

Jan 2020
Absolute fucking bloodbath. I didn't cry at any of the deaths this episode (unlike reuentals and Yangs) but you know, a salute is fine.

Major respect to Julian, I thought he was gonna be your average pussy during the first season but I'm happy to say I was wrong.
man.
Jul 6, 2022 4:08 PM

Dec 2007
damn. that end was so epic. julian going and almost falling, after killing reinhard's soldiers, there's a keisar waiting for him elegantly with legs crossed, watching the man almost falling from exhaust, waiting to hear what he have to say. and when that man supposedly wants to teach the keisar new tricks, he's just falling apart. keisar responds: stop the battle, peace will come with negotiations. truly masterpiece and epic scene. only LOGTH could make it happen.

the irony is though, that isserlohn's forces are quite beaten up. only attenborouh left to fight the good fight, and the black lancers destroying isserlohn's ships one after another. and also the envade group being annihilated. there's not war anymore, only one peaceful messenger in julian character. there's no stopping reinhard to win them right here right now. but no, julian do stand on the last piece of the war.

i was so loled when myrtmyer just thought "wait, bittnfield will be pissed for not doing his attack. let them do it" xDD

merkatz's purposes finally appeared at the verge of his death. his reasons were never really being clear, but i think his last words had been said it, he never wanted to get to live and fight for democracy, he just wanted to die where he supposed to die. it's very understood for those who remembers the scene where he wanted to kill himself. in the end he's no different from reuntha, he's stubborn and prideful just like him.

to be honest, i dunno if i'm sad about schenkopp death. it's not that i don't like him, but i also don't love him so much. as a character he always had good and interesting idea. but as fighter he was just too OP. so in that sense i'm glad he got killed, he wouldn't do any good to live longer and cuts more people heads. if he would politician i may had like him more. lol

2 episodes to the end :(
really hope that except empire vs republic war, we will have closure on the terraists.

oh and i haven't said yet about reinhard's illness. i find it very weird that only after being threatened they found it out. and weirder that it happens almost everytime he's on offensive. i still can't get over the emil's poisoning theory.
Aug 6, 2022 6:48 PM
Jun 2022
Speaking of the episode alone, I’ll give it a 4/5. It was messy most of the time, but I quite enjoyed it for what it was.

RIP Merkatz. Certainly one of the best admirals of his era. He chose to live to fight another day and found an unexpected home in Yang’s band. The way I see it, Merkatz didn’t want to avenge the fallen dynasty, but craved another chance to defeat Reinhard in the battlefield as a “passing of the torch” mentality. Quite liked him.

RIP Mashengo. Had some nice moments and proved to be the physically strongest character in the series. Not that remarkable tho.

RIP Schekopp. Another one of my top 5 favorites dying. Loved his characterization from the start. This exiled soldier with incredible fighting skills and intellect provoked the most thoughtful dialogues during the show’s run. If there’s one word to define Walter, it’s BADASS. Went out with a smile in his face. Epic.

This is really Endgame. Let’s see how it all ends.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Legend of the Galactic Heroes Episode 66 Discussion

tainteddonut - Jun 1, 2008

45 by ELuck42 »»
Jun 7, 12:59 PM

Poll: » Legend of the Galactic Heroes Episode 60 Discussion ( 1 2 )

tainteddonut - May 31, 2008

59 by ELuck42 »»
Jun 1, 8:31 PM

Poll: » Legend of the Galactic Heroes Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

tainteddonut - May 26, 2008

69 by Safrichh »»
May 29, 8:28 PM

Poll: » Legend of the Galactic Heroes Episode 110 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tainteddonut - Jun 7, 2008

605 by ryzxgum »»
May 29, 12:32 AM

Poll: » Legend of the Galactic Heroes Episode 106 Discussion ( 1 2 )

tainteddonut - Jun 7, 2008

91 by ryzxgum »»
May 28, 12:21 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.