Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
May 31, 2008 3:03 PM

Apr 2007
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Arresting Yang might be their biggest mistake yet. Frederica went from happy housewife to pissed off armed officer. Schenkopp on the other hand has always been a dangerous man. They'll have to move quick to get Yang and secure and escape. They've given Lennenkanpt more than enough reason now to stage an attack of his own. Reinhard won't be pleased when he gets word of what's happening.

At least Karin's ties to the main cast are now known. When Julian mentioned that he thought he met her before I thought it was a physical meeting. He must have seen a bit of her father in her.

...even a saint needs a soldier to do the dirty work.
Sep 18, 2008 11:02 PM

Feb 2008
Kind of a nice twist there, Karin being Schenkopp's daughter. If Julian and her get together, that'll be an odd combination, lol...

I'm kind of fearful for Frederica. Damn, you don't come between her and her Yang.

Things are really moving a lot faster than I thought they would, with this in play here I guess it won't be long before Yang's really back in action.
Nov 10, 2008 5:15 PM

Aug 2008
It was kinda dumb to arrest Yang but now things are going to get exciting. I wonder what that ominous explosion was at the end of the ep. Probably something bad. Nice twist in the show as well about Karin. I hope Yang does not get executed because that would just offset everything for the Alliance supporters.
Feb 18, 2009 7:05 AM

Jan 2008
lol, wtf at the explosion at the end, almost like an afterthought. LotGH cliffhangers are the worst, thank God I'm not watching this as it came out, the wait would have been unbearable.

Really great episode, nice seeing Attenborough and Schenkopp chilling out and getting involved in car chases. Not nice seeing Yang arrested, damnit.

And I've always been confused by Merkatz, what his motives are, why he gets up out of bed everyday and thought I'd finally get answers this episode but nope, he's still as inconsistent as ever. Glad to see people constantly questioning his presence though.
"I'm starting to think mal is run by Xinil generating electricity on a bicycle." - idklol
Sep 9, 2009 10:55 PM

Jun 2009
I thought the show was switching focus from Yang to Julian, but I guess I was wrong. Man, I hope he doesn't die.
"Yes, I have been deprived of emotion. But not completely. Whoever did it, botched the job."

- Geralt of Rivia
Dec 6, 2009 4:17 PM

Dec 2008
So Karin is Schenkopp's daughter? Interesting.

Yang always gets screwed someway, now he gets arrested, damnit.

What was that explosion at the end?
Jan 11, 2010 10:30 PM

Jan 2009
Arresting Yang has to be one of the more dumber moves on Lennenkampt's part, even if it was to bait Merkatz's forces into fighting. Also there's the fact that Frederica was the least bit pleased at this turn of events, dropping the happy housewife act for the gung-ho soldier.

It's also surprising that Katerose is Schenkopp's daughter. It would be interesting if the two finally meet, and hopefully not in the way Schenkopp imagined. :D

I hope that explosion isn't what I think it is.
Jan 14, 2010 1:05 AM

Sep 2008
OH God, please dont let him die!
"...our faces marked by toil, by deceptions, by success, by love; our weary eyes looking still, looking always, looking anxiously for something out of life, that while it is expected is already gone – has passed unseen, in a sigh, in a flash – together with the youth, with the strength, with the romance of illusions.” - Joseph Conrad ('Youth')
May 3, 2010 11:00 PM

Aug 2008
Lennonkampf needs to lose the Stalin look and also grow a mind.

Frederica's transformation from house wife to military personnel was pretty badass.

But man, people give the people with the best ideas and intentions the hardest time. Such is the cost of bureaucracy and what worthless politicians who run the show.
Jun 14, 2010 3:15 PM

Feb 2010
I really enjoy the way the show is going in right now. Interesting to see Katerose's connection to the "main cast". But I wonder how things will turn out now for Yang. Also looking forward to see Julian again.

btw:

Lennonkampf needs to lose the Stalin look and also grow a mind.

made me lol hard xD
I probably regret this post by now.
Oct 14, 2010 2:24 PM

Jan 2010
sad julian at the end of each episode breaks my heart :(
they just can't leave yang alone can't they...mofos -_-

5/5
Sayonara,papa!

"Just how a mirror reflects you,people will also reflect your heart."
~Athena Glory,Aria

"Whatever happens,happens"
~Spike Spiegel's thoughts on dying(Cowboy Bebop)
Dec 14, 2010 11:57 AM

May 2010
it's like Grand Theft Auto at the end...
Even when I was in crowd, I was always alone
Feb 3, 2011 1:32 PM

Apr 2009
net_nomad said:
Lennonkampf needs to lose the Stalin look

Oh thank GOD, I thought I was the only one having weird thoughts.

Just when it seemed Yang had some (not many, but some) peaceful days before him, they go and arrest him. I guess Frederica won't have the time for cooking lessons in the nearest future :P
And oh my, I hope the explosion at the end doesn't mean Dusty and Schenkopp are dead D: I'd hate that. I like them both, but especially Dusty (he just seems like such a nice guy, you know?)
Can' t wait to see how it all goes from here.
- If you believe this place holds you, it is a prison.
If you do not wish to leave, it will become a fortress.

Current icon:
Kusuriuri from Mononoke
by pana (LJ username)
Mar 30, 2011 7:15 AM

Aug 2009
yay! the stuff going on now reminds me of the parts I loved at the beginning of the series, when the cast just kept getting involved in various kinds of exciting trouble without giant space fleet battles hogging the screen time. I know it is a war anime and all, but I find the more small-scale plots like this much more entertaining.

Katerose's origins are interesting. I want to see more of her.

I'm sure Yang will be fine. There is no way they would kill him off this early, well I don't think so anyway.
Aug 19, 2011 4:26 PM
Jun 2011
Frederica is about to go crazy! Why can't they all just leave Yang alone?...he only wants to settle down...well it is kind of his fault for having Merkatz escape and then hijack the ships, but I can't blame him.
Jan 18, 2012 1:03 AM

Sep 2009
You know.
Karin just became that much cooler and interesting to me.
If thats her daddy....oh boy is she going to be a hellcat.
Feb 20, 2012 2:14 PM

Mar 2011
This has gotten very interesting. Frederica turned badass and Karin has quite the family ties.
Apr 23, 2012 7:19 AM

Feb 2012
Frederica's change was well done. At first she was wearing a Piyo Piyo apron most famously associated with Kyoko from Maison Ikkoku. So that's the slice of life/romance mode. I remember reading the phrase also has a connotation of carefree youth (from the chirping sound it's supposed to mimic). But when Yang Wenli is arrested she changes into her uniform while Chopin's Revolutionary Etude is playing in the background. Nice use of symbolism I think.
May 10, 2012 6:26 PM

Feb 2012
Revolutionary Etude...again! I can't get enough of that piece! I just hope that Frederica doesn't become Jessica Edwards 2.0 and die on Yang -- but that's an interesting connection that you made, Feorg.

Oberstein is still the most calculating character in the cast (even though he's had less screentime since the first season) -- every sentence that he speaks seems to have a very specific purpose. Two of those sentences reaffirmed how much of a pragmatist he is: "it's hardly necessary for the trailblazer, and the one who completes the road, to be one and the same" and "being alive is not the only way to serve your country." I don't think Oberstein has the same strategic insight that someone on Reinhard's level does, but because he has no moral or ethical inhibitions (either consciously or subconsciously), he's able to give very pragmatic advice that gets results. Like allowing the nuclear strike on Westerland.

And Schenkopp is Katerose's father! I'm a devoted Julian x Charlotte shipper, but knowing that Schenkopp could become Julian's father-in-law, I may have to ship Julian x Katerose on the side.
Jun 9, 2012 11:15 PM

Jun 2009
Yeah, that scene with Frederica was fantastic and really well directed. Also, the stuff involving Attenborough and Schenkopp was interesting. I particularly like how Schenkopp said they were "obligated to fill out the roles" the Alliance government is attempting to throw on them. I really hate how Yang, despite all he's done for the Alliance seems to get shit on all the time. Yet, Lebollos (probably butchered his name) is kind of stuck in a catch 22 as the Empire has clause to attack the Alliance if he doesn't follow the rules. Basically, this was inevitable.

And, we have Oberstein to thank for this. Yet, I can't hate him as he's just, well, Hakuromatsu explained it well. Finally, Katerose has a hell of a pedigree.
"Yes, I have been deprived of emotion. But not completely. Whoever did it, botched the job."

- Geralt of Rivia
Aug 3, 2012 9:09 AM
Jul 2018
Glad that the bad-ass version of Frederica is back. Katerose is definitely Schenkopp's daughter. They couldn't have made it more blatantly obvious.
Sep 21, 2013 9:57 PM

Nov 2009
So Julian's "Love at first sight" was with the creepy old mans daughter? lol. Anyways, that bit with the police was pretty funny. It seems that even a thousand years in to the future, police are always the butt of every joke in car chases.
Jan 2, 2014 9:49 AM

Sep 2013
Those bastards dare to arrest the Magician. Nothing good will follow from that...
Apr 23, 2014 4:31 AM

Mar 2013
The lows of the "Free" Planet Alliance know no end.. arresting the innocent Magician (haven't we seen this before..) on rumors with no proof. It seems that the government always wants to strangle the life outa the Legendary Hero Yang. This time its really worrisome, as they have no qualms to killing him, and no voice of reason anywhere in sight.

Thankfully Yang's friends and the Rosenritter won't go down without a fight. Atleast there are some noble and loyal characters in the show, and fortunately Yang has a fair share amongst his own men.
Aug 7, 2014 10:50 AM

Nov 2013
The narrator seems to love the words 'shake' and 'shatter'. He literally has nothing else to describe any happening across this series. It's always 'shatter the galaxy' or 'shake the foundations'.

Come on man it's been 60 episodes already, can't you level up yet?
the official MAL hall of fame/cursed comments is now open for business - you are welcome to PM me any potential quotes to include
Oct 1, 2014 5:54 AM

Dec 2013
I can't say I approve of Oberstein's actions. To some degree his actions are affecting Reinhard's leadership and the loyalty of his subordinates. A severe case of this was the use of Lang (the fat dude whos head of shady police). Mittermeyer and Reuenthal have stated their disapproval toward his [Lang's] admission into office. However this was not prevented. Another example would be that IF information about Reinhard having knowledge on the nuclear strike beforehand was released to the public many of his loyal subjects would waver, not to mention the general public.
I'm really hoping that Reinhard won't become a lone dictator where all his loyal subjects have betrayed him because of his unrighteous ways.

However, if Oberstein takes the responsibility of being the mastermind behind all this without any collaboration with Reinhard what so ever this would be a totally different story. Basically meaning that Oberstein is the "bad" guy and Reinhard will become the good guy after he kills Oberstein for his "foul" acts. This would earn Oberstein my utmost respect.
Nov 9, 2014 10:39 PM

Mar 2012
I don't get Yang and these Freedom fighters. The war is over and there is peace, why the hell do you want to start shit all over again? Pretty sure Yang was against bloodshed but won't this lead to countless of lives being lost? smh.
Mar 5, 2015 3:41 PM

Aug 2014
More plot development this episode. I think that if those rebellion guys were to pick up Wenli now, he would go with them because he's in jail whereas before he might not have.
May 31, 2015 2:43 AM
Nov 2014
Wow dat plot twist, Schenkopp have a daughter and shit ?! Shit got real in this episode after a rather peaceful last episode lmao.
Jun 15, 2015 1:47 PM

May 2012
Very interesting, really wonder what's next!
Jul 8, 2015 4:18 PM

Dec 2013
Interesting development. Wonder what Reinhard will think of these events.
Nov 24, 2015 8:40 PM

Jul 2013
"This is a democracy country. At least, the politicians say it is." Just like real life
Jun 17, 2016 3:12 PM

Aug 2014
I honestly thought he was just fucking around at first but wow, to think that Julian's supposed love interest is the daughter of Schenkopp.

Well that "peace" didn't last long, there's going to be hell to pay for Yang's arrest.
Nov 1, 2016 6:25 PM

Aug 2014
Oberstein may be anti hero or villain, but he is a very good character.
Jan 10, 2017 6:04 AM

Apr 2016
You can't be more badass and creepier than this, Oberstein.

And i don't know whether to admire or fear him for this lol. His methods are extreme to some extent, though i can't deny it's all for the sake of Reinhard. But this raises a question is why does he always have to do all the "dirty" work behind Reinhard's back. My opinion being that : Reinhard's younger than Obersteins so there'll be a conflitct in ideal and vision, leading them being irreconcible with each other, since Reinhard's the boss here so Obersteins' plan will not be approved., he believes this is the best way to guarantee his king's safety (for his own sake as well as he's following Reinhard's "light" as a shadow).
May 19, 2017 9:31 AM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
The minister and the govern are mistakes, because this incident is the flame to open the rebellion!!! The best is kill Yang quickly, all this plans will can end badly!!!
May 11, 2018 5:50 PM
Apr 2018
For those calling Yang innocent, he isn't. He's guilty of exactly what they are accusing him of. All the blood about to be spilt is because he couldn't accept a dictatorship despite the fact that the current one is pretty good.

Just like the previous conflict was started by Reinhard's pride our two main characters have a lot of blood on their hands.

Still you have to hate the Alliance for trying to kill him, even if he is guilty of telling Merkatz to do what he's doing.

Also Julian although Katerose is super hot, beware, he Father is a terrifying badass.
JohnWooMay 13, 2018 6:09 PM
Oct 3, 2018 7:18 PM
Apr 2018
Karin is Schenkopp's daughter? Interesting . I wonder what was Oberstein doing with his eye, it's been so long since he explained why he got it in the first place.
Nov 4, 2018 7:31 PM

Feb 2017
Pretty funny that a married couple under (basically) house arrest and constant surveillance were able to keep firearms in their home.
Mar 21, 2019 8:47 AM

Aug 2017
eski514 said:
Pretty funny that a married couple under (basically) house arrest and constant surveillance were able to keep firearms in their home.

Well, too much surveillance might be superfluous. However, I wonder how did Frederica manage to escape the house after changing to her military uniform, given that it's supposed to be guarded by armed soldiers.
May 19, 2019 4:20 AM

Jan 2013
Things are shaping up to be so interesting. That explosion, in the end, surprised the shit outta me
Nov 12, 2019 4:13 AM

Oct 2012
Ofc those Freedom politicians want someone to be the scapegoat
Ungrateful bunch, I really don't like them a bit from the start
I wonder if horrible fates will befall onto them soon

Oberon is such an asshole, I really think that Reinhard could make it this far without him anyway
He might be right to get rid of potential danger but that's also double-edged sword, now they will be a "real danger"
"Signature removed"
Dec 29, 2019 11:31 AM

Nov 2016
As for cats, you have to feed them cat food. Lennenkampt is such a fool, but damn, I can't help but commend Oberstein for playing so well.

Poor, poor Yang, tho. He just wants to have his pension and live in peace. This is so frustrating. On the other hand, the whole scenario makes up for a super exciting plot and I'm really hyped for more. The car chase was already some good stuff.

And boi, Katerose is indeed Schenkopp's daughter:D

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Sep 13, 2020 4:00 AM
Feb 2018
Lol at that Frederica scene. She isn't taking this lightly. Attenborough and schenkopp running away from the police. Interesting.
Dec 8, 2020 10:38 PM
Jun 2017
I really don't get why do people say arresting Yang was a bad decision. All in all, it only gets benefits for the Empire. Either they get rid of Yang or they get an excuse to intervene and end the Alliance's autonomy. This is an absolute win situation. Even if something fails in the plan and the people revolt, they can always declare all civilians as combatants and bomb Heinessen to obliteration, same as how Mayor Tanya von Degurechaff bombed Arene.

Anyway, this episode was good on politics. Lennenkampt is just a pawn on Oberstein's great game of chess, and it's clear that he will be soon sacrificed. Good for von Oberstein to point out the absolute benefits of his plan.

With each episode I'm getting the feeling that Yang Wenli won't be alive at the end of this story. The situation is just too dire for him.
I was genuinely surprised at the fact that Katerose von Kreutzer is the daughter of Schenkopp. Wow. I'm very interested in her, and I want her story to be explored and to her to be to use for the plot, aside from being a romantic plot device for Julian.
Dec 8, 2020 10:44 PM
Jun 2017
CzeroC said:
You can't be more badass and creepier than this, Oberstein.

And i don't know whether to admire or fear him for this lol. His methods are extreme to some extent, though i can't deny it's all for the sake of Reinhard. But this raises a question is why does he always have to do all the "dirty" work behind Reinhard's back. My opinion being that : Reinhard's younger than Obersteins so there'll be a conflitct in ideal and vision, leading them being irreconcible with each other, since Reinhard's the boss here so Obersteins' plan will not be approved., he believes this is the best way to guarantee his king's safety (for his own sake as well as he's following Reinhard's "light" as a shadow).

That's how grey eminences work. Somebody has to do the dirty work and ensure the mechanism of the State are oiled with enough blood. Remember the attack of Westerland. It's clear that the attack did favour Reinhard greatly, yet he was reluctant to accept the plan. Same thing happened with Ovlesser.
Feb 2, 2021 2:54 AM

Oct 2016
Making the episodes last for 27 minutes makes completing them to be quite time consuming if you watch a couple of episodes together but I don't get bored or tired while watching them.

The beginning of this third season was quite tame but it looks like it caught up and will be very interesting from now on.
Apr 12, 2021 4:15 PM

Jul 2020
Fredrica boutta live that savage lifestyle huh? I wonder how this situation will end for Yang.
Jul 29, 2021 12:57 PM

Jun 2020
so julian wanna smash schonkopfs daughter?
Aug 4, 2021 5:37 AM

Jul 2016
Avenger-senpai said:
I don't get Yang and these Freedom fighters. The war is over and there is peace, why the hell do you want to start shit all over again? Pretty sure Yang was against bloodshed but won't this lead to countless of lives being lost? smh.

Yang is fighting for a democracy because he understands that once Reinhard dies, the empire will once again fall to infighting and wreck.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Legend of the Galactic Heroes Episode 33 Discussion ( 1 2 )

tainteddonut - May 29, 2008

58 by ELuck42 »»
Yesterday, 11:23 AM

Poll: » Legend of the Galactic Heroes Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 )

tainteddonut - May 28, 2008

97 by ELuck42 »»
Apr 16, 8:39 PM

Poll: » Legend of the Galactic Heroes Episode 69 Discussion ( 1 2 )

tainteddonut - Jun 1, 2008

73 by leyaf »»
Apr 13, 3:20 AM

Poll: » Legend of the Galactic Heroes Episode 15 Discussion ( 1 2 )

tainteddonut - May 27, 2008

89 by MewkiWay »»
Apr 12, 10:03 PM

Poll: » Legend of the Galactic Heroes Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

tainteddonut - May 28, 2008

109 by ELuck42 »»
Apr 12, 8:59 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.