Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Nov 12, 2015 2:09 AM

Jan 2014
Reload said:
It's not rushing, but making the task easier by discarded all the items it doesn't need to make it to its destination more effectively.

True, but what I'm argueing is that you can discard too much. Taking an effective route towards a destination is fine, but I think the balance is lost now. They went with keeping under a certain minimum, and now some things are either just plain confusing or feel overly forced.

TheVictor9634 said:
Hahaha defeated with a fake hit xD.
Nice job Usanagi

This is another one. What actually happened there? I thought she shot Ohtori in the buttocks, but you seem to interpret the scene as Usanagi using a fake shot.
"I'm a middle schooler bartender!"
- Mishima Hitomi
Nov 12, 2015 3:01 AM

Jul 2012
Episode definitely did feel rushed, I still think it was an okay episode but I feel it could have been so much better if we got more into the backstory of Usagi and Raima. Also the battles were really sad since they cut into them and only showed a little from what could have been a cool sword fight and the ending fight was just a show of trust and willpower. Next episode is on Suginami and i'm hoping its not as rushed.

Here is my full review on the episode:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HyFdZryp51E
Nov 12, 2015 3:31 AM

Aug 2014
At first, I was pissed at Usagi for being mind-F**ked that easily. But, I just shrug it off lol

Anyways, Reima got his ass whopped and if you ask me, Reima peeing himself was satisfying, but I wanted to see the beat down that everyone is saying.

Those bonds though (Trust is important), simply the best. Anyways, Next episode... Suginami is a traitor?!?!?
Nov 12, 2015 3:59 AM
Jun 2015
is just me or has these current episodes kinda downgraded compared to the first 2 eps? Not saying that its sh*t! just sayin that the first arc have set big expectations and the usagi arc doesn't really meet dat, for me at least. oh well, hopefully future eps will be more better.
Nov 12, 2015 5:54 AM

Mar 2015
I find the pace of this anime refreshing. Too many anime these days just seem to drag on and on.
The sword that takes life gives life
Nov 12, 2015 5:56 AM

Jun 2013
Reima you fucking jerk and so now she has good accuracy cool
Nov 12, 2015 6:17 AM

Nov 2011
Even this episode was treated with leniency of the narrative, it lacks bite and the pace is too fast, then some directorial choices are questionable, in short, a slaughterhouse that does not make on the possible potential of this anime. The fighting between Suginami and Reima, could make more in terms of involvement if it had been treated better, the final scene does not adjust the fate of the entire episode, what a pity, opportunity vanished once again.
Nov 12, 2015 6:34 AM

Jul 2015
That was rushed.

Well it's good cuz I wanted to get things over with regarding the bunny girl. Dislike her for some reason.
Wohooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
Nov 12, 2015 6:53 AM

Jul 2013
Laionidas said:
TheVictor9634 said:
Hahaha defeated with a fake hit xD.
Nice job Usanagi

This is another one. What actually happened there? I thought she shot Ohtori in the buttocks, but you seem to interpret the scene as Usanagi using a fake shot.

He's probably talking about Takeru's Sleazebag Scare technique lol.

Now that we're done with the 2 eps per volume streak, I hope they do a good job for the rest of the adaptation.

Nov 12, 2015 7:52 AM

Jan 2014
By the way, anyone else excited/puzzled about Usagi's grandfather's rifle being a sniperized Mosin-Nagant?

EasyGo-er said:
Laionidas said:

He's probably talking about Takeru's Sleazebag Scare technique lol.

Now that we're done with the 2 eps per volume streak, I hope they do a good job for the rest of the adaptation.

Ah, it's because he said Usanagi, which looks more like Usagi to me, than Kusanagi XD
"I'm a middle schooler bartender!"
- Mishima Hitomi
Nov 12, 2015 8:18 AM

Aug 2014
Was Usagi's flashback of the incident with her brother supposed to be this... well, simple? Like, he randomly held a gun, she just charged him, and next thing you know he's dead, and somehow she killed him. Okay.

Still not a bad episode. Mostly.

3.5/5
~||Sky of the Night Light||~
Nov 12, 2015 8:34 AM

Sep 2013
That usagi flashback XD lmfao wtf was that? XD

Just when the armor looks decent they cut off the fight? really? :'(
Nov 12, 2015 8:38 AM

Feb 2011
-Dizzy- said:
It's kinda hard to pretend if you've read the light novel and even if I was an anime only watcher I would find it impossible to completely ignore the pacing... You just can't expect people to completely ignore the ridiculous pacing...

Think of it this way: if every anime had this pacing, you would think it was normal.
-Dizzy- said:
"It's not rushing." Are you serious? "Items it doesn't need." What, like all the character development, mythology etc? Sure just throw it all out the window. We don't need developed characters right? Sorry but I can't agree with anything you've said.

When I said "not rushing," I was referring to the fact that everything they're doing is intentional. Saying rushed is like saying they're behind schedule. Character development, mythology, and the rest are items that add depth to the story; not items that will lead the story to its conclusion. Take your average history story for example. Can one actually write all the details of an event without discarding something? If so, it was an autobiography where someone had all the time in the world to write it. Otherwise, he/she is squeezing info he/she can understand with the resources given. It's not rushing if he/she knows his/her limitations.
Give me at least 5 minutes to modify my post before quoting me. (refreshing page advised)
Nov 12, 2015 9:04 AM

Jan 2008
Wow this episode/arc was dumb as hell.

The female witch is probably the worst mastermind antagonist I've seen in a while. She pretty much had Kusanagi trapped but she wanted to 'test' their friendship? How dumb is she? She had no reason to do what she did. The test wasn't even anything at all either since she basically lost control before any decisions were even made. smh.

The entire festival thing was a waste of time unless gonna be part of the next arc. If not, it was almost irrelevant to even mention the partnership last episode.

The blonde guy was just another waste of time. Didn't even bother to show his fight, doesn't matter how weak he was, would probably hate been more entertaining than majority of the things this and previous episode.

People already talking about how simple the flashback was too. Lol, what a bland way to throw in some backstory. What's even worse is how easily her marriage was pulled off. Showing us how pissy her "mom" is, you'd think there'd be more conflict or show us something instead of just having Usagi tell us "and my marriage was cancelled and I can stay in school."
Nov 12, 2015 9:38 AM

Jul 2013
Reload said:
Character development, mythology, and the rest are items that add depth to the story; not items that will lead the story to its conclusion.

That's not always the case though and you can't have a story if there isn't any depth to it.

Paul said:
Wow this episode/arc was dumb as hell.

Blame the pacing for this one. Reima did show his fight and Takeru brutally beat the shit of him though again this was cut out and all we got instead was a stupid scene with the guy pissing himself. The whole point of this arc was add more character development for Usagi, but since her entire backstory got cut it ends up being a waste of time.
Nov 12, 2015 9:55 AM

May 2015
finally that craps was punished, but dat battle isn't good enough, well bored

the next will must be suginami arc (?) and i hope this arc can lift up this series out from shitty hell
Nov 12, 2015 10:03 AM

Feb 2014
Good episode, but like what the other users are saying, the pacing of this show does hurt its overall potential.

The Relic Eater armour was all in 2D this time, but the fight between Takeru and Reima wasn't shown in full. Shame, since I wanting to see Reima get put in his place completely, but I guess seeing Reima pissing himself after being defeated by Takeru's "Sleazebag Scare!" will do.

It's also nice to show Usagi with more of a backbone rather than letting Reima or the witch intimidate her. Seeing her in nothing but ribbons and having her head patted by Takeru at the end was a treat! =D

It seems like Suginami's the main focus for episode 7, and maybe a traitor too? I hope not...
Nov 12, 2015 10:10 AM

Feb 2011
-Dizzy- said:
Reload said:
Character development, mythology, and the rest are items that add depth to the story; not items that will lead the story to its conclusion.

That's not always the case though and you can't have a story if there isn't any depth to it.

It is less of a story without depth, but this anime hasn't taken all of it out. It's not like they took out all the action like the fight between Takeru & Reima. Also, it's not like they took out all the character development since they're focusing on one character at a time. When it comes to mythology and the like, they're just leaving it to the viewers imagination. If the viewer's imagination doesn't go too far off track, the story can still be understood.
Give me at least 5 minutes to modify my post before quoting me. (refreshing page advised)
Nov 12, 2015 11:28 AM

Jan 2014
The episode wasn't bad, but I'm having trouble with this series. For one I don't think Novels should be (apparently) having their volumes adapted in 2 episodes each. It is way too short and rushes everything and it is often evident.

For example the 4th episode when Haunted was fought, man his appearance and dialogues went at speedlight, so much that it was unsettling. Here happened the same thing, the Mephisto thing and the change between Takeru's fight with this creepy bastard and then suddenly is with Mephisto, what?

I bet the future episodes are gonna be like this, I just hope the rushing does not feel as evident.
Nov 12, 2015 11:44 AM

Jul 2015
I'm glad that things worked out well for Usagi. Though i'm a little curious to know what exactly happened with her older borther. Or was it like a fake memory or smth? Oh and let's admit, Mephisto's true from was HOT as hell.
Nov 12, 2015 11:49 AM

Feb 2015
I don't know if people like this episode or not, for me, i like it.
but i feel this episode is a little bit rush.

^
That is the best img from this anime. or maybe i like it because of the soundtrack?

^
Chirstmas present from Taimadou Gakuen 35 Shoutai!!! Merry Christmas guys.....
Oppss... It's still november...

Edit: btw... The soundtrack 9/10 :D
Nov 12, 2015 2:55 PM

Aug 2009
Takeru might end up regretting his decision to spare the rapist, I think--a half measure.

Introduced supporting characters keep dying but their deaths seem trivial. They should find a way of conveying the severity of any characters death, especially if they bothered to give them a proper introduction.
Nov 12, 2015 3:21 PM

Dec 2013
lmao he peed his pants
Stay in yesterday 時を止めて
Nov 12, 2015 4:08 PM

Sep 2008
If next arc also will be so rushed, I'm dropping this series. Currently it's on 4/10

1-2 ep - 1st LN Vol.
3-4 ep - 2nd LN Vol.
5-6 ep - 4th LN Vol.
7ep will be drom 3rd LN Volume

mistyveil said:
At least the guy kind of got what he deserved.

In LN... yes.
SacredusNov 12, 2015 4:14 PM
Nov 12, 2015 5:42 PM

Jan 2011
Man Usagi's backstory was sum up in about under 2 minutes and i wasn't even her fault just some poor gun control on her family part :/, not even gonna mention that Reima kid "pile of shit" is enough

This show really is ending up as a disappointment to what seemed to be a kinda interesting story least the music is godlike.
Nov 12, 2015 7:00 PM

Feb 2009
This anime is really unique with it's characters so that's why I love it so much, I really wish we'd get a longer season because I wouldn't even mind more filler episodes of just their background stories and such, Usagi accidentally killing her brother was something I would've liked to see more about in detail...

Nov 12, 2015 11:08 PM

Apr 2013
At least Witch Hunter Mode wasn't CG...

They also decided not to skip volume 3... (thank goodness) but I don't know why they would jumble up the order like that....

Hopefully the Witch Hunter Mode from volume 5 onwards won't use CG...
Nov 13, 2015 3:24 AM

Dec 2012
Kusanagi exploded this bastard. For once, the armor seemed good but they skipped the fight ... I don't know what to think about this show, it is too generic and predictable so far.
Nov 13, 2015 4:44 PM

May 2015
That dude pissed his pants. Bravo. Well, the fight was over pretty fast. The pace of this episode felt pretty high too. Still enjoyed it.

Nov 14, 2015 9:02 AM

Aug 2014
The pacing is too fast again. Just when I thought they learned their lesson since the pacing in the last episode is pretty decent.
Oh well, Suginami's arc probably next. Another character arc that I don't even care about will be getting a rush treatment as well. Great..
Nov 14, 2015 9:33 AM

May 2015
At this point, I’m not expecting too much from this adaptation. Even if they somewhat improve the pacing, the damage is already done (for 6 consecutive episodes).

Anyhow, I guess as long you forget about the source material (for those that have read it), you should be able to “enjoy” this, at least to some degree.

We ultimately fear what spawns from within us ~Shinsekai yori
Music is freedom. ~Shigatsu wa Kimi no Uso
Nov 15, 2015 2:36 AM

Dec 2011
Damn it, way too rushed. They could at least showed the flashback a bit better, and the struggle of Ouka when Mephisto took over her body was quite interesting to read as well...

And they totally skipped a part of the epilogue, and a rather important one too. But maybe they will show it after they're done with volume 3?

Here's hoping the next two volumes will have 3 episodes.....
Nov 15, 2015 3:48 AM

Mar 2014
He almost raped Usagi, but that Reima dude got rekt. :D
Nov 16, 2015 3:07 AM

Aug 2013
I was disappointed that Reima didn't die.
Nov 23, 2015 8:39 PM

Oct 2008
this episode feels super fast paced.
oh man the sudden enemies of this series are such weaklings! didn't put-up a fight.
at least Usagi's engagement got called-off and also got to stay at the academy.
the guns of Ouka really that powerful on stripping of the armor of taicho?
3/5.

Nov 25, 2015 12:23 PM

Jan 2013
Holy fuck damn that ending.
Nov 25, 2015 3:13 PM

Feb 2013
Cute wedding dress, Usagi.

This episode was poor quality. I still somewhat enjoyed it though.
Nov 27, 2015 2:44 PM

Jan 2008
I don't know why anyone was expecting some big fight against that guy. It was obvious Kusanagi was going to rape him.
Dec 2, 2015 10:32 AM

Jul 2009
Not a bad episode, obviously Reima was gonna get crushed by Takeru ... Usagi looked cute in her wedding dress though :P I expected her "murder" of her brother to be something a bit more ... interesting? I mean it seemed like just an accident when they were kids. Well, even so I guess it would've been pretty scarring for her. Seems like they took care of Mephistopheles pretty easily. It was cool that she could jump bodies though XD Seems like we're gonna focus on Suginama more next episode! That's exciting because we haven't really seen much of her yet :O
Mar 1, 2016 11:15 PM

Jun 2014
The melodrama is real in this show. like damn. The fanservice is okay.
But I still enjoy it.
It tries to be really edgy, but stops just before actually GOING some where with it.
Be sure to message me if you quoted me and want me to respond! Just give me a link to the forum, because usually I leave my comment, then leave the forum.
Apr 8, 2016 5:57 AM

Dec 2008
Of course shed want to jump his bones/ bone too. BUt MAN! She has some HUGE CANS! Bang her my son, or the next episode shall incur my WRATH! lol
Jan 11, 2017 5:14 AM

Dec 2012
So why was Usagi crying over her brother? He was stupid.

Usagi look so fine in that wedding dress.

APE APE on the first wedding night!

I knew he was a pussy. Glad Takeru made him piss himself.

IKARUGA IN DAT COSTUME! FAPFAPFAPFAPFAP

Unwrap that birthday present, Takeru!
If you see that my post is exactly 1 month old (or more) from when it was posted... Don't waste your time, especially when you want to reply with something petty & insignificant. Assume that I've moved on (because I have).
May 13, 2017 9:50 AM

Jun 2013
for a mediocre anime they have one of the best OSTs ive ever heard. that soundtrack they played when usagi shot ohtori is honestly better than most mainstream edm songs i hear on the radio
May 18, 2017 4:28 PM

May 2015
Reima Homeboy is a straight creep... and a p*ssy to boot. He got manhandled by Mephistopheles & deservedly so by Usagi... then got broke off by MC & the small fry platoon... F him!
Nov 24, 2017 11:52 AM

Sep 2012
Meta_Yoshi said:
It's also nice to show Usagi with more of a backbone rather than letting Reima or the witch intimidate her. Seeing her in nothing but ribbons and having her head patted by Takeru at the end was a treat! =D
Ukaei said:
Takeru might end up regretting his decision to spare the rapist, I think--a half measure.

Introduced supporting characters keep dying but their deaths seem trivial. They should find a way of conveying the severity of any characters death, especially if they bothered to give them a proper introduction.
Benphyre said:
lmao he peed his pants
Reverberate said:
That dude pissed his pants. Bravo. Well, the fight was over pretty fast. The pace of this episode felt pretty high too. Still enjoyed it.
Rob said:
So why was Usagi crying over her brother? He was stupid.

Usagi look so fine in that wedding dress.

APE APE on the first wedding night!

I knew he was a pussy. Glad Takeru made him piss himself.

IKARUGA IN DAT COSTUME! FAPFAPFAPFAPFAP

Unwrap that birthday present, Takeru!

after he made this jerk pee in hes pants he should have taken pictures of hes state & uploded them to internet 😂
he got off 2easy
Sugram22Nov 24, 2017 12:02 PM
Feb 26, 2018 8:05 PM

Nov 2013
Finally Suginami episode is next.
I like the show but Suginami is my favorite character and she is always left behind for some reason.
Oct 19, 2019 4:54 PM

Nov 2013
The death of Usagi's brother is tragic, but not her fault.

I thought that Reima is either a witch(er) himself or in league with a witch.

Usagi was badass in this episode. That the engagement got called off was to be expected after Reima was exposed as a criminal.
You're a louse, Roger Smith. - R. Dorothy Wayneright
This is my fight! No Senpai, this is our fight! - Kojou Akatsuki & Yukina Himeragi
Feb 27, 2020 7:46 PM

Jan 2011
After the previous episode actually didn't feel rushed I almost had hope it'd be the same for this one.
Oct 24, 2021 12:52 AM

May 2020
Lel, Reima beaten easily and peeing in his pant lol what a noob. Feel so rushed and how to defeat Mephisto it feels so easy and nothing big deal about her. Sharo-chan Usagi-chan as a present, I want that too. Seems platoon 35 is troublesome group but also best teamwork.
Jan 14, 2022 5:11 PM
Supreme Tsundere

Nov 2012
Gotta say, I liking the characters of this series so far, especially Lapis & Mari, the rest arent so bad, and after this episode, I guess I like Usagi a bit more, if not for the nice racket she has, probably trying to compete with Hestia from Danmachi... some really nice fanservice this episode.

But continuing on what I was saying, characters enjoyable and all, BUT, the fucking plot is soo weak, and the antagonists, these 2 episodes, what a joke.
They were written soo poorly (or where adapted in a rush), I wanted someone to kill the blond fucker and that slut soo much, they were very annoying.

Considering the score this anime got, I guess I should not put my hopes high up.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Taimadou Gakuen 35 Shiken Shoutai Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Dec 23, 2015

143 by Datlon »»
Jan 25, 2:23 PM

Poll: » Taimadou Gakuen 35 Shiken Shoutai Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 9, 2015

85 by Datlon »»
Jan 24, 11:27 PM

Poll: » Taimadou Gakuen 35 Shiken Shoutai Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 2, 2015

83 by Datlon »»
Jan 24, 8:40 PM

Poll: » Taimadou Gakuen 35 Shiken Shoutai Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Oct 28, 2015

136 by GavrocheN7 »»
Dec 22, 2023 3:53 PM

Poll: » Taimadou Gakuen 35 Shiken Shoutai Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 16, 2015

76 by Archean-Return »»
Nov 15, 2023 3:14 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.