Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Oct 28, 2015 9:28 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Wow that got ugly. Shit went down at their academy but I find it almost funny that Haunted is taking everything so casually like he expected it. The fight felt more like a mind game tbh especially for Mari. Didn't surprise me that we learn bits of her past as well but glad to see her in action:

And oh yeah, I think the show captured some bits of the violence, wasn't really strong but kinda got the point of it.
Oct 28, 2015 9:32 AM

Nov 2013
Pretty meh episode.

4/5 just because of the soundtrack. Exclude it and you got a 2.5/5 episode.
Is it just me or this episode is quite rush?
Oct 28, 2015 10:51 AM

Apr 2010
I wonder where their facility gets their staff from with the rate they are being killed of it must be hard finding new recruits.

In any case it seems Mari's name was cleared but the question is what will happen now that she is accepted as a student of the school.
Will she be accepted by the others especially after what happened during this episode.

Also i have to say that the action scenes where terrible.
Oct 28, 2015 11:19 AM

Jan 2012
I think I finally realized who Mari reminds me of design wise, the ninja girl whose name escapes me from Trinity Seven. The outfit mostly I guess. That aside this episode certainly got right into the action quickly eh? Haunted doesn't do much for me as a villain, but he was a bit better than creepy glasses guy from Kuusen Madoushi. I'm glad Ohtori was able to put her prejudice aside and help Mari, she's my favorite character...Ohtori I mean. Welp, looks like our team's complete now.
Oct 28, 2015 11:50 AM
Content Admin
Overkilled Red

Aug 2013
animefan8800 said:
I think I finally realized who Mari reminds me of design wise, the ninja girl whose name escapes me from Trinity Seven. The outfit mostly I guess.

Levi >>> Mari & all of Taimadou.

Oct 28, 2015 11:55 AM

Jan 2012
Vindstot said:
animefan8800 said:
I think I finally realized who Mari reminds me of design wise, the ninja girl whose name escapes me from Trinity Seven. The outfit mostly I guess.

Levi >>> Mari & all of Taimadou.

Too early for me to say if I agree or not, merely saying she reminded me of her appearance wise. ;)
Oct 28, 2015 11:57 AM

Apr 2014
xkinn123 said:

They've covered 2 volumes in 4 episodes, of course it's rushed.
Oct 28, 2015 11:57 AM
Jul 2018
That took care of Haunted! Mari reminded me of Levi from "Trinity Seven".
Oct 28, 2015 12:04 PM

Feb 2014
The villain dude reminds me of Ryuunosuke from fate/zero.

anyway, the action was boring. Idk if it's the cg mech suits or what but it ain't interesting. plus it all felt way too rushed.
Tokoya said:
adapatations are not supposed to be carbon copies of source materials and until the anime community in general can accept that and judge an anime based on what it presents and how they handle every episode, these threads will continue to be filled with hate posts by purists
Oct 28, 2015 12:23 PM

Mar 2010
Not bad, Mari has official full-time member if cast. In the end it was Ouka who helped out her the most. Even if Ouka hates magic she has still standards and is capable of setting aside her feelings to help others. The fight was okay, seemed more focused on Mari's development.

Next week looks like SL doing some reordering. Vol 4 first and instead of vol 3 which is interesting. Should fine since those volumes are fairly self contained.

Aversa said:
I wonder where their facility gets their staff from with the rate they are being killed of it must be hard finding new recruits.

You're assuming entire school faculty and staff were at stadium got killed to begin with. Look like plenty managed to get away.
Iron_MawOct 28, 2015 12:27 PM
Oct 28, 2015 12:26 PM

Dec 2014
Mari may have become a regular student, but I can only wonder if she'll be accepted by the others.
Oct 28, 2015 12:28 PM

Nov 2011
Why am I so focused on Mari's hat. o_o

The hat attracts me in ways I cannot describe.
Oct 28, 2015 12:35 PM

Feb 2014
That CGI really bothers me. And it is probably going to appear a lot in the rest of this series.
Oct 28, 2015 12:37 PM

Jul 2014
This is too rushed for me to even give a fuck about anything that happens. Are they trying to adapt 9 volumes in one cour or what?

Rushing notwithstanding, the action sucks anyway. It's just so lame when it's in full CG suits like that.
Oct 28, 2015 12:44 PM

Jul 2013
Of course it's rushed people. They're adapting 9 volumes because some idiot thought that was a great idea! So the pacing will pretty much be 2 episodes per volume with some volumes having an extra episode here or there. I just hope they don't fuck up volume 5 and adapt it properly.

As for the episode the fight was okay and the music is still good. Hopefully the pacing will slow down soon.
Oct 28, 2015 12:58 PM

Mar 2010
Their adapting 5 volumes not 9. 1-4 volume are character arcs than plot ones so the anime can just focus the character related stuff. Think of those episodes as basically introductions to the MC's.
Oct 28, 2015 12:59 PM

Jul 2015
Pretty meh episode. CGI didn't help either, I have a feeling that all battles will be like that.

As someone who didn't read the novels, it didn't feel rushed, but it looks like the story got over simplified.

3/5
Oct 28, 2015 1:02 PM
Aug 2012
Oh boy rushed as usual..........no tense atmosphere unlike the LN and the action, again sucked. Well atleast they gave some important information like what Soumatou is or about Takeru's family name. Though i am not sure about Haunted's armor design, the helmet looked bad and his VA needed to put more emotions in there.

Time to go back to the LNs. Sorry AMA, looks like you won't get the adaptation you deserved..........

Oct 28, 2015 1:02 PM

Feb 2015
after MC spends 5 minuets trash talking with bad guy he finally gets down to business and then his team stand around talking.

Very average episode, feels like I've seen it all before
Oct 28, 2015 1:09 PM

Sep 2013
This episode kind of sucked. There were a few mistakes that i caught with the voice acting. Also, they killed off that nice girl and that jerk guy. What a bummer for killing off the nice girl. I guess since the principal let this happened he pretty much let his students die for nothing. Replenishing their staff must be real easy if they let them get killed off like nothing.
There's no magical spell to save someone's life.
Oct 28, 2015 1:14 PM

Sep 2013
Necromancer dude wasn't captured :(
Where the hell are all the high ranking fighters?

Fight was MEH, they should have outsourced the fights to madhouse.
Oct 28, 2015 1:15 PM

Mar 2010
Jose07 said:
This episode kind of sucked. There were a few mistakes that i caught with the voice acting. Also, they killed off that nice girl and that jerk guy. What a bummer for killing off the nice girl. I guess since the principal let this happened he pretty much let his students die for nothing. Replenishing their staff must be real easy if they let them get killed off like nothing.

There shows like AoT and Seraph of the End were far more deaths here so I don't get your meaning. And so what if the pony-tailed girl got killed? I liked her design too, but I don't see how the death of a minor character is bad.
Oct 28, 2015 1:27 PM

Jan 2013
Lot of talking on this episode and the fight was meh.
Oct 28, 2015 1:27 PM

Mar 2010
Dopsi said:
Takeru leaves himself wide open when attacking and is then surprised how he could've been beaten in swordplay. Sasuga.

Other than being surprised by Haunted's first attacks and his Hallmark magic how was he"wide open"? Haunted just looked he was faster than he was then. Takeru changed tactics and beat him in the end anyway.
Oct 28, 2015 1:33 PM

Feb 2015
The fight was pretty good. so , not bad i guess?
Oct 28, 2015 1:44 PM

Feb 2011
Alex said:
xkinn123 said:

They've covered 2 volumes in 4 episodes, of course it's rushed.

Didn't you get the memo?! Sorry if that was overkill. It'd be quite the achievement to get non-readers to watch the whole series without realizing it was rushed. Same goes for the non-readers who don't realize it till they actually read the source material. The first episode should have been painfully obvious. I'm pretty sure that's how every episode will play out, assuming anyone thought they would just do it for the first few episodes.

One thing surprised me this episode: No lap pillow? ...OK, two actually: I don't think it was possible to censer the deaths of those students anymore than they did. Sad we won't see the outcome of their match. That is, unless they survived that whole ordeal and fully recover for the next tournament. I'm sure the LN made it more clear whether they died or not, but it'll be obvious if we never see them again.
Give me at least 5 minutes to modify my post before quoting me. (refreshing page advised)
Oct 28, 2015 1:48 PM

Nov 2012
Ok episode, still don't like that armor...
so far not enough Lapis...
Oct 28, 2015 1:53 PM

Mar 2010
Dopsi said:

Going for a jump attack at close range with the opponent baiting him that is. No guarding at all. Well I guess going right for the offensive with a fabulous move is kinda an anime trope, so might as well.

Theere plenty of lunge strikes like in swordplay.

Moreover feints and baits are part of swordplay. Just because he fell for one doesn't mean he's bad swordsman. Plus Takeru in later half was doing plenty of baits and tactical strikes of his own. You're really exaggerating over a minor point IMO.
Oct 28, 2015 2:09 PM

Apr 2010
Jagd84 said:
Aversa said:

You're assuming entire school faculty and staff were at stadium got killed to begin with. Look like plenty managed to get away.
I didn't just mean the ones that got killed this episode but also the ones that where killed in the previous episodes.
Oct 28, 2015 2:16 PM

Aug 2013
In each episode I'm getting more curious about the plot, despite the rapid development of the anime, the plot is very good, and I am also enjoying quite the characters, I had already read the manga long ago and already I'm looking forward to the next episodes. .
Oct 28, 2015 2:20 PM

Jul 2015
Hmm, that episode brought me a little closer to dropping this one

Maybe I just don't clearly remember what happened in the previous ep, but this one felt like it dropped me in halfway through a conversation and so it took me while while to catch up on what was going on...
Oct 28, 2015 2:20 PM
SHSL Good Luck

Apr 2015
pacing over 9000! Felt a little to CGI heavy. BGM is nice though.

3/5
Oct 28, 2015 2:34 PM

Aug 2013
I don't know the Light Novel, but i am sure that the novel don't deserve this anime...
Oct 28, 2015 2:55 PM

Aug 2012
Too rushed !
Dunno what the heck is going on.
Oct 28, 2015 3:00 PM

Nov 2014
My god, i guess one doesn't need to be a genius to find that this episode was rushed, the pacing was horrible, and the fight was nothing memorable, the pacing ruined the chances to create a good developement for mari, and i can't help but feel the bad guy tries too hard to be a psycho.

The worst episode so far, i like the series, so hope this gets corrected the next episodes.
Oct 28, 2015 3:03 PM

Mar 2010
Aversa said:
Jagd84 said:

I didn't just mean the ones that got killed this episode but also the ones that where killed in the previous episodes.

It still doesn't mean much since we don't know how many students were killed in Haunted's attack back then and how were enrolled at the time other than maybe a lot? :/

Basically we lack any real relevant data to how much of severe blow poluation suffered. All we can say that Chairman

BehindTheThrone said:
Hmm, that episode brought me a little closer to dropping this one

Maybe I just don't clearly remember what happened in the previous ep, but this one felt like it dropped me in halfway through a conversation and so it took me while while to catch up on what was going on...

No your definitely forgot what happened last episode. After Haunted's attack on Inquisition to get to area where some Witches imprisoned for Valhalla failed, Inquisition Student Platoon members found he and Mari's location. He killed some of them and escaped just as reinforcements were coming, but not hitting Mari with a forgetfulness charm which ended up framing her for the murders. Inquisition guys noticed the trace of that type magic being used on here and decided to use Mari as bait by placing her in 35th Platoon to lure out the real culprit. The rest is epiosde 4.

This all from the anime using no LN knowledge.

error5000 said:
My god, i guess one doesn't need to be a genius to find that this episode was rushed, the pacing was horrible, and the fight was nothing memorable, the pacing ruined the chances to create a good developement for mari, and i can't help but feel the bad guy tries too hard to be a psycho.

The worst episode so far, i like the series, so hope this gets corrected the next episodes.

The fight is itself was but..

So you're saying that Mari didn't learn/remember the truth of her past and managed overcome with it the emotionally and physical support of Ouka and Takeru like she did just now? That the 3 of them didn't become more friendly with each other? What else were you expecting?
Iron_MawOct 28, 2015 3:09 PM
Oct 28, 2015 3:09 PM
The Komori

Mar 2013
I really hope that the pacing slows down for the next arc

Other than that good episode.... Haunted is too great lol and did that one girl from the other squad like die?
Oct 28, 2015 3:09 PM

Aug 2015
Ok episode I guess. Felt rushed and the fight wasn't exciting. Glad that Mari didn't go with the wizard and was allowed to stay in the academy. I was hoping they would catch the wizard, but he escaped....
Oct 28, 2015 3:13 PM

Mar 2010
Tokoya said:
I really hope that the pacing slows down for the next arc

Other than that good episode.... Haunted is too great lol and did that one girl from the other squad like die?

I doubt it since this is 12 episodes. The next arc will be another 2 parter character focused one. On the otherhand the next two arcs after that will probably be 3 episodes each.
Oct 28, 2015 3:18 PM

Sep 2015
This would have been so much better if the CG wasnt so awful.
Still, kinda liked it even thoug the battle itself didn´t seem to be high stakes, it was more of a mind game for Mari.
Haunteds look reminds me a bit of Gilgamesh from Fate/zero, whilst his personality is that of Ryuunosuke(with killing children...you know, fun stuff)
That look on Takerus face after the credits!

"I´m gonna tap that"
Oct 28, 2015 3:20 PM

Jul 2015
Melcookie96 said:
Why am I so focused on Mari's hat. o_o

The hat attracts me in ways I cannot describe.

I thought I was the only one
Oct 28, 2015 3:23 PM

Nov 2014
Jagd84 said:

The fight is itself was but..

So you're saying that Mari didn't learn/remember the truth of her past and managed overcome with it the emotionally and physical support of Ouka and Takeru like she did just now? That the 3 of them didn't become more friendly with each other? What else were you expecting?

Maybe i didn't made myself understand really well, i mean...

It's not like the developement is not there, but is was presented so fast and vapid that, atleast in my case, i just could not feel anything out of that tbh.
Oct 28, 2015 3:37 PM

May 2015
''And I'll carry half your burden for you''. With that said, he obviously got himself another chick, :L. This episode felt like lightning speed, woop. It went from one place to another. Still enjoyed it nonetheless, but previous episodes were better.

Oct 28, 2015 4:02 PM

Apr 2013
Kyruga said:
I don't know the Light Novel, but i am sure that the novel don't deserve this anime...

It does not.

This is an utter disgrace to LN fans.

And a decent level anime at best to anime only viewers.

Will still view though, because I want to see some of my favourite parts animated (no matter how shitty it is).
Oct 28, 2015 4:46 PM

Mar 2010
hoopla123 said:
Kyruga said:

It does not.

This is an utter disgrace to LN fans.

And a decent level anime at best to anime only viewers.

Will still view though, because I want to see some of my favourite parts animated (no matter how shitty it is).

As another LN reader, speak for yourself. As long they do an awesome job on vol 5 + vol 3, I don't mind compression of the weaker and less interesting books. They were never the best part of series to begin with.

error5000 said:

Maybe i didn't made myself understand really well, i mean...

It's not like the developement is not there, but is was presented so fast and vapid that, atleast in my case, i just could not feel anything out of that tbh.

I don't see how it could have been done any slower without stretching that particular part out. She had already spent the entirely of the last episode and half this episode remembering fragments of her memories and bonding with Takeru and Ouka. I think the development was fine, the bigger problem was fight, but that overall was okay.
Iron_MawOct 28, 2015 4:59 PM
Oct 28, 2015 5:27 PM

May 2015
Mari is what's keeping this anime alive for me. She just feels so real compared to every 2d stereotype in this show.

Yeah, I do agree this episode was rushed, they could have dragged the fight out a little bit. CGI was not that great.

The bad guy was nice and hammy and a competent fighter, both pluses for me, but Japan has gotta stop making antagonists creepy molesters. You can make an evil antagonist without continually having him imply that he's gonna rape the female characters.
Oct 28, 2015 5:47 PM

Mar 2010
mrcmc888 said:
Mari is what's keeping this anime alive for me. She just feels so real compared to every 2d stereotype in this show.

Eih? Don't see how Mari and Takeru are any less real. Ouka actually did an unexpected thing of investigating whether Mari really was the murderer or not rather the using the info as an excuse to place more bias on her. Takeru is pretty much down earth who surprisingly enough doesn't go around preaching to his enemies and others. The anime hasn't gotten to Ikaruga and Usagi yet to talk about them.
Iron_MawOct 28, 2015 6:02 PM
Oct 28, 2015 5:51 PM

Apr 2014
I'm jumping on the CG hate train with most of you here. I will stick this out though, it's usually a big turn off for me.
---------My Profile------------
Oct 28, 2015 5:53 PM

Mar 2014
where did that blonde guy even come from
Oct 28, 2015 6:10 PM

May 2015
Jagd84 said:
mrcmc888 said:

Eih? Don't see how Mari and Takeru are any less real. Ouka actually did an unexpected thing of investigating whether Mari really was the murderer or not rather the using the info as an excuse to place more bias on her. Takeru is pretty much down earth who surprisingly enough doesn't go around preaching to his enemies and others. The anime hasn't gotten to Ikaruga and Usagi yet to talk about them.

What I'm saying is that she actually has a backstory that's believable and doesn't fit into an assigned harem stereotype rather than someone like Ouka, who pretty much begins and ends at revenge-obsessed tsundere who's just slightly more dere than she was last episode.

Takeru doesn't preach? In my opinion he preaches a fair deal. It is to the girls though, but it feels just as condescending as if he was lecturing a villain. Also, battle harem MCs don't necessarily have to be preachy to be stereotypical; they have to be OP and selfless, and he definitely fits both.

I am willing to give the others some chance if they show some depth later on, but right now they're not breaking any new ground in the original character department.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Taimadou Gakuen 35 Shiken Shoutai Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Dec 23, 2015

143 by Datlon »»
Jan 25, 2:23 PM

Poll: » Taimadou Gakuen 35 Shiken Shoutai Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 9, 2015

85 by Datlon »»
Jan 24, 11:27 PM

Poll: » Taimadou Gakuen 35 Shiken Shoutai Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 2, 2015

83 by Datlon »»
Jan 24, 8:40 PM

Poll: » Taimadou Gakuen 35 Shiken Shoutai Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Nov 11, 2015

103 by Starimaa »»
Dec 1, 2023 10:46 PM

Poll: » Taimadou Gakuen 35 Shiken Shoutai Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 16, 2015

76 by Archean-Return »»
Nov 15, 2023 3:14 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.