Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Sep 6, 2014 4:15 PM

Feb 2013
CookieBun said:
When Joseph is out of commission, Polnareff takes over spouting Engrish lines I guess. Damn it Araki, must you constantly make Joseph the "damsel in distress" of the group? :(

Nice to see Suzie again, though I can't say I condone keeping things secret from her. Making them not worry is the excuse always used by heroes to keep things secret from lovers or family etc. but in the end it's usually better off them knowing. At the very least, they have a right to know what's going on. I mean it's not like Suzie hasn't encountered bizarre things before.

All she did was get body jacked by ACDC
Sep 6, 2014 4:47 PM

Jun 2010
gedata said:
CookieBun said:
When Joseph is out of commission, Polnareff takes over spouting Engrish lines I guess. Damn it Araki, must you constantly make Joseph the "damsel in distress" of the group? :(

Nice to see Suzie again, though I can't say I condone keeping things secret from her. Making them not worry is the excuse always used by heroes to keep things secret from lovers or family etc. but in the end it's usually better off them knowing. At the very least, they have a right to know what's going on. I mean it's not like Suzie hasn't encountered bizarre things before.

Being body jacked by the brain of a near dead 90,000 year old super vampire isn't bizarre enough for you?
Sep 6, 2014 5:24 PM

Oct 2012
The_Redux said:
gedata said:

Being body jacked by the brain of a near dead 90,000 year old super vampire isn't bizarre enough for you?
Well it's not like she was aware it happened.
Sep 6, 2014 5:37 PM

May 2014
After today's episode , I know what Dio's stand's name is by the process of elimination , I only have one question , is there a theme to know what the stands are named after (I know they are based on the Arcana Major tarot cards but I want to know why each stand was chosen to that name) because I may discover something about Dio's stand without actually spoiling for myself or about Dio.
Given the right situation , the right story , anyone can be shaped into Snake.
-Revolver Ocelot , MGS2
Sep 6, 2014 6:00 PM

Jun 2013
Jotaro looks like a total BOSS while doing everything... even talking on the phone!
Sep 6, 2014 7:10 PM

Nov 2011
Akabawi said:
After today's episode , I know what Dio's stand's name is by the process of elimination , I only have one question , is there a theme to know what the stands are named after (I know they are based on the Arcana Major tarot cards but I want to know why each stand was chosen to that name) because I may discover something about Dio's stand without actually spoiling for myself or about Dio.

You'll never be able to deduce Dio's stand's power that way, unless you go to the wiki page of that tarot card where it blatantly spoils it in the "Popular culture" section.
Sep 6, 2014 7:42 PM

May 2014
Fadeout4 said:
Akabawi said:

You'll never be able to deduce Dio's stand's power that way, unless you go to the wiki page of that tarot card where it blatantly spoils it in the "Popular culture" section.

At least I found out the name , I guess.
It's because the tarot cards left are few.
I just wanted to know if those names actually have to do with anything concerning the character or the stand itself. which in that case I may find out something about it without blatantly being spoiled.
-Revolver Ocelot , MGS2
Sep 6, 2014 7:52 PM

Nov 2011
Akabawi said:
Fadeout4 said:

At least I found out the name , I guess.
It's because the tarot cards left are few.
I just wanted to know if those names actually have to do with anything concerning the character or the stand itself. which in that case I may find out something about it without blatantly being spoiled.

It loosely is. For example, The Tower signifies the interruption of journeys and tragic accidents, like the user of Tower of Gray was trying to cause in the airplane. The Star represents hope, hence the main protagonist having it. The Hermit represents the gaining of experience and wisdom, hence Old Joseph having it since he's gained wisdom since being a young man in Part 2, etc.
Sep 6, 2014 8:08 PM

May 2014
Thanks , so it is kind of useless to try to know anything beyond the name. Well, ok.
-Revolver Ocelot , MGS2
Sep 7, 2014 6:13 AM
Apr 2012
Well gotta say, knew from the beginning after seeing the submarine, disaster was gonna strike them anyway, and in the worst possible ways, but of course there's nothing lean mean muscles with Stands can't do, I'm actually more worried if the show would even try considering the possibility of them freezing to death by the low temperature deep underneath, trying to scuba dive up to the surface later, logically speaking of course.
Sep 7, 2014 8:49 PM

Sep 2011
Hey suzie q is back! Intense ep, i though joseph is a goner(thank god) & this week stand is super powerfull.
Sep 8, 2014 7:35 PM

Aug 2008
So,they have finally arrive in Egypt. Good episode.
But it's important to remember that a movie review is subjective;it only gives you one person's opinion.

http://www.classzone.com/books/lnetwork_gr08/page_build.cfm?content=analyz_media&ch=30

It doesn't matter if you like LoGH,Monster etc.If you are a jobless or college/school dropout living in your mom basement, you are still an unintelligent loser. Taste in anime does not make you a better person.If elitist don't exist, casual pleb and shit taste also don't exist.
Sep 8, 2014 11:00 PM

Dec 2013
Hannah_Ana said:
Ugh! That is a hideous Stand. Kill it!!

Sent with Mal Updater

I lol'd. Yes kill it!
Stay in yesterday 時を止めて
Sep 11, 2014 11:26 PM

Dec 2011
I love how every new Stand has a unique personality.

This one is straight-to-business. No toying with them, just slice and dice and try to drown the team.
Sep 13, 2014 9:26 AM

Mar 2014
I like how they realized that every vehicle they get into gets destroyed... I was noticing that through out Part 3. And it seems like that they're putting Suzie back in the story. I can't help but wonder what kind of role she'll have.
"I have blue eyes, blonde hair... uhhhh... gatling cannon..." My smile's fanbase... maybe...
[remember to put image here so sig look cool]_______
Sep 13, 2014 12:55 PM

Jan 2014
One of the more bizarre stands. Those noises it makes though.
"Let Justice Be Done!"

My Theme
Fight again, fight again for justice!
Sep 14, 2014 2:03 PM

Feb 2011
Fun episode, and nice little Easter eggs with the cups spelling out D-I-O with their handles depending on their angles, specifically at the 11:02 mark and onward.
Sep 14, 2014 7:03 PM

Jul 2011
This was a cool episode. I enjoyed it a lot actually.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 1, 2014 2:28 PM

May 2012
Oh boy this doesn't look too good for them! Let's see how they'll manage to get out of this pinch this time but with only one episode remaining I really wonder how they'll finish of this first season of Stardust Crusaders!
Oct 11, 2014 8:28 PM

Jul 2013
I didn't expect to see Suzie Q.. look how old she's gotten.

Another one huh? seriously just how many are these stand users? they name their stands based on the characters in tarot cards right? so their number's got to be limited.
Oct 17, 2014 10:34 PM

Mar 2012
Now they've realized taking a submarine after knowing the enemy will always find them, due to Dio's stand having the same/similar power as Joseph's stand, is a terrible idea.
Nov 17, 2014 1:57 PM

Apr 2014
artificial hands can bleed?
Nov 18, 2014 8:06 AM

Apr 2014
PrimeX said:
I didn't expect to see Suzie Q.. look how old she's gotten.

Another one huh? seriously just how many are these stand users? they name their stands based on the characters in tarot cards right? so their number's got to be limited.

Ummmmmmm........
Yeeeeaaaahhhh, I'm just gonna.........

Jan 10, 2015 3:37 PM

Aug 2014
Great episode. I'm excited for what is in store for season 2. I hear it gets a lot better once they actually get to Egypt.
Jul 9, 2015 5:05 PM

Feb 2015
Poor Joseph not allowed to steer even though it's never his fault.

A nice smokey cameo in their.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 15, 2016 1:40 PM

Dec 2010
I just knew that Araki would not contain himself and will turn the submarine into a death trap.

CookieBun said:
Araki, must you constantly make Joseph the "damsel in distress" of the group? :(.
I know right.
Mar 16, 2016 6:26 PM
SHSL Good Luck

Apr 2015
Another situations and this one seems pretty big O_O

4/5
Apr 27, 2016 8:02 AM

Dec 2012
Damn it. My vision of Suzie Q has been destroyed now. Damn human body with its damn aging cells. Smokey looks like he's using the power of Hamon to slow his aging unlike Joseph.

So was this suppose to be some type of irony for Joseph that he gets his hand sliced off and get a hand or should I say fingers in his throat?
If you see that my post is exactly 1 month old (or more) from when it was posted... Don't waste your time, especially when you want to reply with something petty & insignificant. Assume that I've moved on (because I have).
May 15, 2016 2:09 PM

Feb 2013
They are in a lot of trouble, that Stand is powerful.
May 31, 2016 5:54 AM
Oct 2011
CookieBun said:

I had an aunt who didn't tell me she had Leukemia and I didn't find out until after she died. Needless to say I was pissed.
Jul 5, 2016 10:42 AM

Feb 2012
Still doing the Joseph's bad at driving vehicles gag, classic.

Suzie Q!

Novels I have read/am reading pending approval: since November 10 2022
Oct 15, 2016 8:26 AM

May 2016
Yare yare~ They're in a very tight situation. That darn High Priestess just won't give the crew a break. So close and yet so far.

Smokey cameo! They showed Suzi, as a pretty adorable granny. Too old now tho ~_~ At least they showed a beautiful shot of Holly, the best MILF of S2.

The only time I realized that every vehicle they've been in got destroyed was when it got pointed out.

Hmmm. If the stand user's name is Rose and it's able to be controlled in a high distance, Rosas, the Joestar butler sounds very conspicuous indeed.

Feb 11, 2017 9:30 PM

Feb 2016
I didn't expect a show like jojo to cover all bases.

The mentioning of SuzieQ being full of vitality. As a hamon users, Joseph should've looked like SuzieQ's son in ordinary circumstances. Perhaps the hijacking of her body was a key factor here.
Nothing can happen until you swing the bat.
Feb 12, 2017 4:05 AM
Oct 2011
Rosny said:
The mentioning of SuzieQ being full of vitality. As a hamon users, Joseph should've looked like SuzieQ's son in ordinary circumstances. Perhaps the hijacking of her body was a key factor here.
Huh? Suzie Q is his WIFE and it was his daughter Holly who had her body hijacked.
Feb 12, 2017 4:16 AM

Feb 2016
animalia said:
Rosny said:
Huh? Suzie Q is his WIFE and it was his daughter Holly who had her body hijacked.

I was just casually trying to understand how Suzie Q looked as young as her husband Joseph, a hamon user. The prequel involved Suzie's body being possessed by a pillar man. If Hamon energy can provide power and life to another hamon users, perhaps a pillar man hijacking a human could provide the same effect? I was just trying to 'cover' a plot hole.

It could be just as simple as Suzie being born with the genetic lottery of aging elegantly.
Nothing can happen until you swing the bat.
Feb 12, 2017 4:20 AM
Oct 2011
Rosny said:
animalia said:

I was just casually trying to understand how Suzie Q looked as young as her husband Joseph, a hamon user. The prequel involved Suzie's body being possessed by a pillar man. If Hamon energy can provide power and life to another hamon users, perhaps a pillar man hijacking a human could provide the same effect? I was just trying to 'cover' a plot hole.

It could be just as simple as Suzie being born with the genetic lottery of aging elegantly.
Thank you for clarifying
Jun 8, 2017 9:26 PM
May 2017
I liked a good chunk of this episode. The Submarine genre has lately been as extinct as the western and this episode used all the hall marks of what makes a good submarine movie with its almost claustrophobic feel.

My one problem with the episode (and its a big one) is when Joseph lied to Susie Q about the condition of their daughter. WHAT THE HELL IS HE THINKING!
When your Daughter is in critical condition you don't keep it from your wife, she has a right to know and to help in any way she can!

And don't tell me Susie Q couldn't really do anything to help. Its established the Holy is dying because she does not posses the mentality to control her Stand. Meaning her illness is technically psychological. Logically that means Holy could theoretically be cured through therapy and emotional support (like from her family).

[Sorry about the rant, the catalyst of the adventure has been bothering me for a while]

However a series about someone being cured with a motivational speech although very anime, would probably be a lot less fun.

Jun 27, 2017 11:58 AM

Apr 2013
Nice episode, Jotaro was Badass as usual
just because I’ve gotten weaker, doesn’t mean that you got stronger, does it?
Aug 22, 2017 3:32 AM

Jul 2016
It's great that we can see Suzie (and Smokey) again. The HIGH PRIESTESS, the last stand of the 1st season, let's go.
Around the gif~
"It's a big mistake to think you're the only one who can turn into a car"
- Shiori Takatsuki
Aug 28, 2017 2:22 PM

May 2013
Daannngggg, Suzie Q old now lol X) she still q doe.

Great. Another cackling stand -____-
Sep 25, 2017 8:31 PM

Mar 2012
This picture right here pretty much sums up my gripe with this episode. Heck, with a lot of scenes in Part 3 they get pieces of their bodies chopped, eaten, ripped or get huge holes in them but return to normal in a few scenes or the next episode.

Usually it's not too hard to ignore but Joseph had freaking pipes lodged into his face with blood gushing out of them and all it does is knock him out for a few minutes and then wakes up without a scratch.
Dec 30, 2017 9:59 PM

Jul 2016
Frenzyy said:
artificial hands can bleed?

Must be the oil it needs???
Mar 21, 2018 2:31 PM

Jun 2015
Did anyone notice when Abdul said that High priestess can transform into anything mineral then he said that that includes Plastic. I'm sure that plastic is organic and not mineral. Dude This anime is filled with plot holes. I'm dropping it and I'm giving it 2/10

Dec 16, 2018 8:06 AM

Dec 2014
so like they finally arrive at Egypt but then a stand disrupts their journey
Mar 31, 2019 4:37 PM

Oct 2013
Knowing it's close to the final episode of this season, I was scared that Joseph's wound could be fatal, especially after that hard conversation with Suzie (grandma Erina aged more favorably in my oppinion, lol). Also, poor Holly. :(

New enemy didn't wait with attacking our heroes. The High Priestess attack kinda saved them, 'cause if not that then Polnareff's magnificent "skills" in controlling submarine could've led to crashing the ground. xD

Jotaro was badass while he talked with his grandma.
May 8, 2019 10:57 AM
Apr 2016
Oh well, another creepy enemy! Hell, this season sure is absurdly repetitive...
Oct 6, 2019 4:42 AM

Mar 2019
Nice submarine, lol.This Speedwagon foundation really is rich.
Come on man,where is that Noragami season 3 masterpiece.We want it, Bones!

Dec 18, 2019 11:05 PM

Mar 2016
It's nice seeing how lifely Suzi Q still is, also, it's sweet seeing Joseph and Jotaro keeping their mouths shut about what they're doing so that Suzi would not be worrying needlessly.

High Priestess is fucked before it even got to fuck, Jotaro is coming...
Feb 5, 2020 6:00 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
High Priestess is going to be a hard fight for them
Feb 16, 2020 12:55 PM

Mar 2010
What a evil slime. Though they should have expected this much.

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Stardust Crusaders Episode 14 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jul 4, 2014

132 by Xeehad »»
Sep 20, 12:37 PM

Poll: » JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Stardust Crusaders Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Akanezora - Sep 12, 2014

280 by UrMateConnor »»
Sep 6, 4:03 AM

Poll: » JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Stardust Crusaders Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Aug 22, 2014

126 by Oliwer_154 »»
Aug 28, 7:25 AM

Poll: » JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Stardust Crusaders Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Nidhoeggr - Aug 29, 2014

183 by benisgu »»
Aug 14, 2:39 PM

Poll: » JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Stardust Crusaders Episode 20 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Akanezora - Aug 15, 2014

192 by benisgu »»
Aug 14, 11:11 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.