Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Scum's Wish
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (9) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Jan 12, 2017 12:10 AM

Dec 2015
I just watch this cause i found lewd scene.
Sorry for my bad English

Humans see what they want to see
Jan 12, 2017 12:25 AM

Feb 2014
Wow, that is really crazy. I think this anime will become the most controversial anime this season.
Jan 12, 2017 12:33 AM
his sun
Jan 2017
LMFAO

She was a complete bitch like me, and I admire that. Mugi was kinda cute but I wish I knew more about his love interest.

Now since I haven't read the manga, I'm curious as who the two other females are and their roles.

Kinda digging this anime so far but that hand in the beginning, that threw me off. Horrible. Lol.
______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

his sun

e + s

3.16.23 <3

Jan 12, 2017 12:51 AM

Aug 2013
Well this is definitely gonna be the unique dark horse. I'll take it. I actually enjoyed it.
Don't believe the hype.
Jan 12, 2017 12:51 AM

Jun 2015
Strong episode. They're handling the material with the appropriate level of care and tone. Most of the things I was worried that could've gone wrong didn't, so I'm very pleased.

My only concern is with Hana. Unless Mugi actually falls for her by the end, there's no way this could end well for her, which could mean a very sad anime. Not necessarily a bad thing, just a little worried.
Jan 12, 2017 12:57 AM

Aug 2015
Yachty said:
They butchered this shit to the ground. what was a light hearted manga with a twist turned into a fucking sleeping aid. Terrible ass job, the 3 dollar budget doesn't help either

Are we watching the same show?
Jan 12, 2017 12:58 AM
*hug noises*

May 2013
Some romance anime end with holding hands after 2 seasons worth of content. In others, like this one, they're a millimeter away from having sex in the first episode. I think it goes without saying that the second approach is a hell of a lot more realistic and interesting

Not sure if this is gonna end up as a Toradora-like "double cupid scenario turns into love out of hate" or something but either way it was definitely interesting as a whole. I reckon it'll be pretty controversial though given the questionable morals in play here but that's rarely been a bad thing to me considering how much I liked School Days, Yosuga no Sora etcetera
Jan 12, 2017 1:05 AM

Aug 2016
SilverDio said:
WARNING! WARNING!
You are going to watch some sick stuff and hate some characters. The title doesn't lie, most of them are scum.

This is a fun ride and the art is amazing... but prepare for what's coming.

I'm scared, someone hold me.

Seriously though, I do get the feeling that this will be a wild ride. Interesting first episode. I feel vulnerable although praying that Mugi and Hanabi do fall in love.

I'm just scared, help.

Jan 12, 2017 1:41 AM
Nov 2016
Well, the first episode was better than what I expected it to be. Now, we'll have to wait and watch to finally figure out how the entire series as a whole.
Jan 12, 2017 1:56 AM
Jul 2013
this anime is like drugs(actually most anime are, in other way), it is bad for my mentality, but i cannot seem to let go. 9/10(cuz not much backstory of the male mc)
Jan 12, 2017 2:10 AM

Sep 2015
That was pretty depressing. You can just feel that mood throughout every moment.
Those ED visuals, it's supposed to be sexual isn't it? It was still depressing.
Scum, huh.
Jan 12, 2017 2:23 AM

Sep 2014
Well I'm prepared to all of the shits this anime will present BRING IT ON.

Anyways love the OP and especially the ED.
Jan 12, 2017 2:29 AM
Oct 2015
I DON'T KNOW HOW TO FEEL ABOUT AN ANIME FOR THE FIRST TIME EVER...... The best way i can express it is asdfghjkl!? Either that or Saitama's (one punch man) famous "ok" face..... i need mental help on this one....
Jan 12, 2017 2:42 AM

May 2009
SilverDio said:
WARNING! WARNING!
You are going to watch some sick stuff and hate some characters. The title doesn't lie, most of them are scum.

I don't see the point in saying so.
Just let us be surprised. :o
Jan 12, 2017 2:43 AM

Sep 2014
I thought it was fairly decent, except for the whole oni-san shit. Why do authors in japan feel the need to do this all the time? Other than that I thought the whole set-up, acting of the characters and atmosphere was well done and consistent. If they don't screw it up from here on I can see this being a decent watch.

DoctorWasabi said:
lol this Hanabi girl is a total bitch

Not a fan of Mugi either

I think the boomerang comment right after had a double meaning. It would make sense.
Jan 12, 2017 2:46 AM

Nov 2010
Oh, what a good surprise this was.
emotionally engaging and heartful. i can see the sadness coming.
Jan 12, 2017 2:46 AM
Apr 2016
Basically your average mentally unstable Japanese teenscum and their sick long way to becoming upright human beings... right? Please.
Re:formed
Jan 12, 2017 2:53 AM

Jul 2016
Dang, great episode. Animation was good, color schemes suited-well to the mood.. I love the OP and ED, it seems like third party incoming not one but two.

SilverDio said:
WARNING! WARNING!

Indeed, on this first episode I already felt betrayed, what more on the upcoming episodes, considering 2 thirdwheel incoming judging from the visual, OP and ED. But yeah its really interesting, can't look away.
Jan 12, 2017 2:56 AM

Jul 2015
I expected to hate it due to the whole setting, but I actually liked this first episode quite a lot due to the execution, I can understand how they feel, and holy shit it hurts.

I love the art style, and the opening was nice as well.
Jan 12, 2017 2:58 AM

Apr 2015
kyaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa :3 :3 :3 :3

omg such a great episode, this is just the best kyaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
Jan 12, 2017 3:22 AM
Oct 2015
The OST was amazing.. But I have a lot of mixed feelings about this.
Jan 12, 2017 3:28 AM
Dec 2016
God I can't believe it has some hentai scenes. I'm actually in an internet shop when I watched it.

Jan 12, 2017 3:28 AM

Sep 2014
Ugh I was hoping this would be straight garbage and an easy skip because it's hard for me to watch these kinds of stories but no the first episode was actually quite decent. The animation, script and voice acting did a good job at establishing Hanabi's character. Though I still felt the portrayal of pain and loneliness was lacking a bit in some way. Some of the directorial choices were distracting and worked against the material.
NeromonJan 12, 2017 3:33 AM
Jan 12, 2017 3:47 AM

Apr 2016
Digging the background music. Simple piano notes but it adds so much to the scenes.
Jan 12, 2017 3:51 AM

Sep 2016
that was pretty bad and boring, well just like any romance drama focused show
i predict hexagon love or maybe even more
CrossAnge

Hey guys check my profile for current airing season anime recommendation (guaranteed best taste)
Jan 12, 2017 3:55 AM

May 2012
Not the type of story I'd seek out but I'll stick with it. Pretty interesting first episode and engaging story.

So, I take it all of them have pretty shitty personalities? Seems that way at least, the female teacher especially gives off that vibe.
Also, Hanabi's a pretty huge b- too, huh? Turned down that guy pretty coldly.

Jan 12, 2017 4:24 AM

Aug 2010
Definitely a breath of fresh amongst all the "can't even kiss the love interest even though we all know she is going to win the MC's heart" shows, but I do have a fear that it might go down the cliche route of them falling in love with each other eventually. Anything else and this show can be great. Here's hoping, the opening episode was pretty well put together.
Jan 12, 2017 4:27 AM

Feb 2016
Miragee said:

I think the boomerang comment right after had a double meaning. It would make sense.

In the manga, it specifically refers to the boomerang effect.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Boomerang_effect_(psychology)
"There’s no point in the world. But isn’t that wonderful? Because if there isn’t one, then you can decide what it is for yourself."
~ Filicia Heideman, Sora no Woto

"Senpai...please grow up."
~ Fumi Manjoume, Aoi Hana

"I wonder what tomorrow will bring."
~ Yunocchi, Hidamari Sketch: Sae and Hiro's Graduation Arc

Jan 12, 2017 4:38 AM

Oct 2015
TheKillerAngel said:
Yachty said:
They butchered this shit to the ground. what was a light hearted manga with a twist turned into a fucking sleeping aid. Terrible ass job, the 3 dollar budget doesn't help either

Are we watching the same show?
you took the bait, the manga isn't even light hearted in any way
Jan 12, 2017 4:43 AM

Jan 2014
Good episode,animation and characters are quite good (at least for now), I kinda feel school days in this but I guess it is just me ... well we shall see. (since it has no ecchi tag I guess we will only see one kind of plot though.. not that it is bad thing or anything)
Jan 12, 2017 4:56 AM

Apr 2016
Woah! I am totally amazed by this first episode. Art, the two main characters, tone, voice acting, everything's spot-on.

I just hope now that I will stay that enthusiastic about this series. I've read some negative critics about the manga, maybe they are justified, maybe not, so I'll stay reserved and just hope the writing won't fail.

And please manga readers : DO NOT SPOIL!
Jan 12, 2017 4:57 AM

May 2010
ITS SUCH A GOOD ADAPTATION IM DIJSIDJS

Really really good.

10/10
Jan 12, 2017 5:00 AM

Sep 2010
am really curious about this one - there aren't that many school anime out there that are mature and have a decent plot
Jan 12, 2017 5:06 AM

Jul 2013
OMG Best anime of this season. 10/10. Will probably enter my top 10 soon
Jan 12, 2017 5:14 AM

Jan 2014
Well, that was hot. I didnt expect that scene to pop up. Still, i can't believe that this anime is categorized under seinen. The animation style doesn't suit the seinen type. Shouldn't it be under josei or shoujo?
Jan 12, 2017 5:18 AM
Nov 2010
What an episode. I'm going to be in for a wild ride ^^"

@Zetara: The manga is classified as Seinen, so yeah, the anime will naturally follow that category.
Jan 12, 2017 5:21 AM

Dec 2012
Oh shit i actually liked this lmao. So i guess i should expect gangbang in the future based on the op/ed huh.
Main gurl is fucked up and main boi is kinda emo,what a beautiful pair. Jk,tho i'm hoping the emo blonde boy isn't gonna become the biggest "scum" in this show or i'll cry
Ok,time to read some spoilers
steponmebakuraJan 12, 2017 5:28 AM
Jan 12, 2017 5:35 AM

Feb 2016
Neromon said:
Ugh I was hoping this would be straight garbage and an easy skip because it's hard for me to watch these kinds of stories but no the first episode was actually quite decent.

Took the words right out of my mouth. It's pretty damn cool to see a psychosexual, and somewhat realistic, anime amongst all the moe shows. The art was really good, the style and the feel fit the characters and the story well.

But man, it was a hard watch, and i have a feeling it's only going to get worse.
Jan 12, 2017 5:38 AM

Jan 2014
eplipswich said:

@Zetara: The manga is classified as Seinen, so yeah, the anime will naturally follow that category.

The art really didnt look seinen-ish....more like josei/shoujo oriented. Meh, im still looking forward to it.
Jan 12, 2017 6:07 AM

May 2013
It's like they're in a contest to be as edgy and pretentious as possible, surprisingly even more shallow than the manga~
Jan 12, 2017 6:21 AM

Aug 2015
I like how no one is commenting on the incest? Oh well that may not be the main point of this series anyway. But I actually enjoyed the first episode, so I'll continue watching. The animation was pretty and the music was nice.

I am quite a fan of romance/drama series so I might turn out to like it more than I think
Jan 12, 2017 6:22 AM

Aug 2016
That was actually very well done and way deeper than I had expected it to be

(Kiss scenes look pretty strange though, other than that the animations are beautiful)

nicoyaasawa said:
I like how no one is commenting on the incest?

There is no incest, Hana-chan and her "brother" are in no way related to each other. They just grew up together and have been neighbors ;)
Jan 12, 2017 6:25 AM

Aug 2015
Akiho90 said:
That was actually very well done and way deeper than I had expected it to be

(Kiss scenes look pretty strange though, other than that the animations are beautiful)

nicoyaasawa said:
I like how no one is commenting on the incest?

There is no incest, Hana-chan and her "brother" are in no way related to each other. They just grew up together and have been neighbors ;)
Is that so? Ahah maybe I missed something while I was watching
Jan 12, 2017 6:35 AM

Jun 2015
Is it just me or some of the details/dialogues were missing? There is this random scene transition that it is hard to get the character's pov. I would suggest reading the manga if they rush or skip the material.

Also stop spoiling please. Let them enjoy the ride. ;)
Jan 12, 2017 6:40 AM

Jul 2014
Going into this, I was kinda worried about the subject matter and where the show would go with that, but so far I have to say I'm very impressed with what I've seen. It's a messed up relationship, no doubt about it, but it really helps that so far both Hana and Mugi feel very realistic and their reasons for entering this relationship, plus what they want out of it, is entirely believable based on what we've seen so far. OP and ED are both good as well and feel like they fit the tone very well. I do have to wonder where else the story is gonna go at this point, but based on this episode I'm sure it'll be fine, even if it isn't always the easiest show to watch.
Jan 12, 2017 6:41 AM

Jun 2013
Hana likes a sensei whom she knew from her childhood and Mugi likes a sensei who was his teacher once upon a time. But both senseis like each other and the two kids don't like that. So they're dating each other with the other being a mere replacement. And they went so close to having sex. I did not expect that right in the nekoing first episode. A shame they couldn't make it all the way. But oh well, they might get a chance later on or something.

The visuals were very good. Really like the character designs. The OP and ED, plus that ending sequence. Good stuff. Especially that ending sequence lol.

This was a well done episode. I'm not that fond of the story this has going, but this episode was done pretty nicely so I'm gonna stick around. Also curious where those other girls enter the story. And I think there's some lesbian here too given a girl was kissing the main girl in the opening sequence. Gotta check that out
Jan 12, 2017 6:44 AM

Nov 2016
just watching the first 3 minutes and BLOW MY MIND !!!!!
i hope the future has a bittersweat taste
NTR FTW !!
Jan 12, 2017 6:45 AM

Oct 2015
Dayum the animations and arts are top notch. This going to be good.
Jan 12, 2017 6:52 AM

Jun 2015
I just love this kind of anime, really looking foward to the next episode.
Jan 12, 2017 6:52 AM

May 2016
I know only one episode's out and judging it is worthless at this point.

With that said, if this is 2 cour long, I'm going to be a very happy boy.
Pages (9) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kuzu no Honkai Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 30, 2017

433 by unbigou »»
Mar 24, 8:22 PM

Poll: » Kuzu no Honkai Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Feb 16, 2017

250 by AniGreek73 »»
Feb 17, 5:46 PM

» Live Action

JSeanaY - Dec 18, 2023

5 by Asudox »»
Dec 29, 2023 3:14 PM

Poll: » Kuzu no Honkai Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Mar 9, 2017

159 by Sanyuu »»
Dec 22, 2023 10:06 AM

» I want to watch it but I don't want to watch it.

Ronin_Sensei - Sep 13, 2023

48 by Zarutaku »»
Dec 13, 2023 2:23 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.