Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (7) « First ... « 4 5 [6] 7 »
Jun 14, 2014 3:21 PM

Nov 2012
This is one strange setting. Watching this episode only raised more confusion which is not a bad thing since that sets up suspense and mysteries to be uncovered. Who is the mastermind behind this "world"?
Jun 24, 2014 7:51 AM

Feb 2014
judals said:

I was surprised to see Reiko alive since they said she disappeared last episode, then I rewatched it and her name was saki... Everyone looks the same.

That's why I couldn't follow their match properly. Everyone looked the same, so I couldn't tell the main cast apart from the other team. And the dim lighting in that scene didn't help either.
Jun 29, 2014 10:42 AM

Jan 2014
The similarity between the characters makes it confusing, but the mystery continues to build.
"Let Justice Be Done!"

My Theme
Fight again, fight again for justice!
Jul 15, 2014 12:23 PM

Jan 2014
Cool get-the-ball-into-the-hole game xD And what about that Maria girl?
She's got sth to do with all those disappearances?! :O I liked it ^____^
Aug 1, 2014 7:57 AM

Feb 2011
less tense episode compared to the first one

those rats looked more scared than thankful
just noticed that so far there is no trace of electricity run technology

wonder if all those creepy tales they have to read in class have some further meaning, so far it was:
the kid who kills himself to avoid a demon to come into the village (keeping in mind that if the demon was an illusion he sort of got killed by an illusion)
the kid who turned in a demon then killed himself
recurring themes: demon and suicide

rewatch#1: now i get what that upside down cone of stone was
it has the same mark used to sign the vanished childrens, so maybe that's where they make them vanish
ZeandoAug 2, 2014 7:32 AM

Fixes to make the Profile more bearable after "the Modern★Profile★Update★★Rip★Profile★"
Aug 9, 2014 3:54 AM
May 2011
The ending creeped me out a bit but also has me intrested in the series
Sep 9, 2014 10:08 AM

Nov 2012
too confusing, help me...
Oct 26, 2014 12:14 AM

Jun 2014
I don't understand why they were taking the ball game so seriously? Its like they would have been killed if they lost. Well they might have been, but its not like they know that
Oct 26, 2014 7:52 AM

Feb 2013
Qans said:
I don't understand why they were taking the ball game so seriously? Its like they would have been killed if they lost. Well they might have been, but its not like they know that

well i always take games seriously... since wining makes fun and loosing not :P
My favorite quotes from animes:

Those who seek miracles will never experience one. The hand of salvation only extends to people
who try to make miracles happen. - Ef a tale of melodies.
I destroy worlds. I create worlds. - Code geass
We are humans. - Shinsekai yori
100 push-ups, 100 sit-ups, 100 squats, and a 10km run EVERY SINGLE DAY!!! - One punch man
Nov 5, 2014 9:40 PM

Jul 2014
I'm loving the atmosphere of the show so far... From reviews I've read previously it seems like these questions we have will be answered for sure. I think the goal here is to make you why things are the way they are. For example, being intense with the game, and that rule about not clashing their power. Then there is the thing with the rat creatures being a secret... I guess we'll find out. I really enjoy reading comments after episodes of this show seems like its a great way to make sure you don't miss anything
Nov 16, 2014 8:25 AM
Jun 2013
Things are still pretty mysterious and creepy. The ending was really interesting though.
Nov 19, 2014 2:35 AM

Apr 2014
I'm not really liking these main characters, this is probably the first time I've watched something where I disliked the majority of the MC's. Hopefully I warm up to them soon. Interesting anime though, I have no idea where the hell this is going.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 23, 2014 9:45 AM

Jun 2014
I am curious if the stories told in class have any relevance to the series. They probably do, I just don't see the connection yet.

Dec 30, 2014 9:23 AM
Former AMQ God

Sep 2014
So many questions in my head, i need to know the answers.
Feb 26, 2015 4:07 AM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
Those opening scenes just give you a pervasive feeling of dread throughout the chapter. Bad things are happening all the time in this world and at one point a massive twist will come that will reveal what kind of world it really is. At least that's how I'm feeling. A good slow burn show so far.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Mar 21, 2015 4:40 PM

Aug 2008
This series is pretty boring so far and the characters uninteresting. For such a highly rated show I was expecting more. I'll give it a few more episodes though but I am not impressed at all.
Apr 19, 2015 3:09 PM

Oct 2013
y123y said:
The first 2 minutes with the whole clapping sacrifice... now that was something else. Truly psychological.

Damn true. That gave me shivers.

So this episode should've been dull, but I found it quite engaging. No idea what Maria's birth has to do with the school disappearances, but whatever.

Discord: the.path.to.pathos
RateYourMusic
last.fm
Apr 19, 2015 3:45 PM

Jul 2010
Zadion said:
y123y said:
The first 2 minutes with the whole clapping sacrifice... now that was something else. Truly psychological.

Damn true. That gave me shivers.

So this episode should've been dull, but I found it quite engaging. No idea what Maria's birth has to do with the school disappearances, but whatever.

It will be explained.
May 4, 2015 7:39 PM

Jun 2014
very intriguing series. I have high expectations for this already.
May 19, 2015 11:35 PM

Nov 2014
Didn't really get the point of that game, seemed pretty pointless to me. They didn't explain it correctly so it didn't catch my interest. But overall intersting anime, pretty misterious, can't wait for story to develop
Jun 11, 2015 3:10 AM
Dec 2011
this is so awesome the plot is thick from the very beginning , this is 1000 year in future there are strange animals as well cant wait to see the camping episode :3
Jul 11, 2015 9:26 AM

Jul 2009
That was ... interesting. Seems like there's no OP? Just showing some "past" stories ... like the Emperors :O Not to mention those tales ... turning into a karma demon, oh man D:
Most of the episode was focused on that ball tournament, and how someone else who broke the rules "disappeared" ... definitely saw a cat shadow chasing after him. Then those rats ... kinda creepy :S
Seems like we have an older Saki as a narrator too ... and what's that bit at the end about Maria? Countless lives could've been spared? So maybe she went crazy as well then? Who knows ... the mystery continues :P
Looks like we'll have the camp episode next time ... along with meeting something new ;O
Aug 8, 2015 1:29 PM

Oct 2014
This is a very interesting anime, it's like watching a ticking bomb since surely something big is about to happen. I also can't shake off the feeling as if the whole world is lying to Saki to keep her and her friends from something. Can't wait to see this unfold !
Sep 2, 2015 10:35 AM

Jan 2013
Not sure what to make of the emperor bit.
The sphere game was cool to watch, nice play by covering up the hole ... I did think it was weird they wouldnt just have kept going anyway, if you know you cant change the battlefield, just roll the sphere where it should have been.

Soo ... it would seem Maria is somehow related to the group not remembering the people who had disappeared, being Reiko and Manabu (the cheater)

Thinking the narrator (at the end) might be Saki at an older age, going by how she's talking as if she was there at the time.
Sep 13, 2015 5:15 PM

Jan 2013
Another pretty good episode with nice level of mystery. But I'm absolutely drooling on the scenery, art and animation. Dat ED; fucking amazing!
And OST is impressive, like the whole audio all together. Production at its finest.
Oct 19, 2015 9:04 PM

Aug 2012
That was a cool game. This show is quite original.
But oh boy I hate it when women voice boys
Oct 19, 2015 9:05 PM

Jul 2012
alpir said:
But oh boy I hate it when women voice boys
They get boy voices later, dont worry
Nov 24, 2015 10:15 AM

Sep 2014
Psychic Soccer. Ep 2.

Plot: Saki and co take part in a psychic game. WHile they have some good skills they are not total beasts at it. But even in the psychic future there are cheaters. And cheaters really don't prosper here. Plus Saki uses her abilities to help Rat creatures, more or less slaves I guess, despite it being forbidden. Hope that won't come back to bite her.

Also in little segments: A crazy psychic Emperor terrorizes his people in the past? And a story of one's power and pride isolating them and turning them into a demon (yeah, no brainwashing going on there)

Character: Saki grew on me here. SHe's got that competed edge that's kinda fun but seeing her be the only one to help the rat creature shows that she's got some good/heroism in her. I was kinda surprised that she seemed to have a crush/liking for Shun. I thought it would be Maria.

Shun also stepped up and now I see him as the strong and tall elder brother of the group. Maria also has some backbone in her in directing Mamoru and being the one to make sure that no one tells of Saki's power usage. So team Mom here.

I fear for Mamoru. I really do. Satori's still a bit of d*ck but still fun.

The rat creatures...Hooo boy. If there was ever something with scary implications, its them. They do seem kinda adorable at quick glance though. But I just can't get over that slave implication. And if they were made that way, then someone is a real a$$hole out there.

Animation/sound: Still going good. THe little segment of the Emperor was good at being like a little movie/teaser and the animation did capture more fluidity. It was a bit more cartoonish, I guess.

4/5. The mystery continues and the darkness still grows.

I go where I wanna go, even if its into Oppai.
Jan 29, 2016 11:24 AM

Aug 2014
ArcanaTrace said:
Something tells me that the rats are the NORMAL humans that got turned into rats by the psychic humans. Judging from the current episode and the synopsis of the show.

that would actually make a lot of sense???

• wait what? the first 100 to stop clapping shall be the sacrifice for that
  • uh, is he going to absorb their powers???
  • what an awful place
  • is every story/lessont hey are going to read is going to be important later on?
  • well i already saw akki in the characters list so i wasnt mistaken with him but that pride boy is interesting. is he the villain? but the village is the bad one here
  • wait wait, the prideful boy seems to have the same powers as shun fromt he start?? the pride boy had things rot and spilt apart around him while shun had ppl dying around him
  • is it connected ??
  • and why is it that the moral of the story to always sacrifice urself for the good of the village??
  • what happens to the loser team fromt he marble ball? they cant just disappear as well, right?
  • that bastard teacher is watching all this and not saying anything
  • there was an animal following manabu from group 2 tho. does that mean the cheating student would go missing?
  • i knew it! his name was crossed out by that seal. how do they do it though, do they need to have witnesses? rumours?? who kills these children/absorb their power/w/e they do to them before making them disappear
  • bakenezumi, and what do the ppl translate it as? queerrats
  • saki used to have longer hair <3 <3 <3
Feb 20, 2016 9:54 PM

Dec 2014
Don't know why, but I'm finding it difficult to get interested in this show. It's a shame. I love it when horror and anime are put into one.
Feb 22, 2016 3:48 PM
Jul 2015
Pride plants the seeds of bad karma...
I'm absolutely loving the atmosphere created and the emptiness each scene leaves behind. Contrast between childhood innocence and a perverted society is always interesting to see.
Queerats definitely left a lasting effect, I think the image of the shaking queerrat bowing down will be in my mind for a while.
Still hoping this wont be a whole lot of build up without conclusions to most of the mysteries like seen often when such a new world is created. The quality seems promising though, my expectations are high.

Its interesting to me to see that people found the episode boring and unpromising while it kept me immersed from start to finish
Feb 23, 2016 6:27 PM

Aug 2014
Fun episode, those powers though..
Good Episode.
Mar 17, 2016 8:37 AM

May 2015
Love ED, but what is the narration that is happening at the end of the episodes?
Apr 1, 2016 4:15 AM
May 2012
Man, this Anime is creepy.
I can see what's happening now.
Apr 25, 2016 10:08 PM

Dec 2015
I'm in fucking love with this show.
Aug 19, 2016 4:37 AM

Mar 2015
Emperor hat looks really lame and ball game is also lame, LOL. The game play and rules isnt interesting at all :p

2/5
Sep 13, 2016 5:24 AM

Mar 2015
I feel weird with this anime... maybe the slow setting up, but I'll give this anime more chance.

So, vanished people are left forgotten?

Oct 9, 2016 8:18 PM

Sep 2013
The last lines spoken at the end make me really curious about Maria

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.
Nov 1, 2016 5:32 AM

Jul 2008
That queerat as the show called it was speaking some japanese, I heard Arigato...if they are humans then it makes sense they were transformed somehow.

Also 2 kids disappear and no one thinks anything of it? Kids cheat and teachers say nothing?

And then there was that opening scene...

more of just WTF is going on here?
Mar 1, 2017 3:11 PM

Aug 2015
The first scene like in the last episode seems weird and unrelated to the episode but they probably will explain that later or not.

the talet hey told was interesting and the "rats" or what they are called are pretty weird. the games was cool but didn´t interest me at all, it was a bit random but cmon how the hell is that a draw, the guy did on purpose and even if it wasn´t his team should have have lost anyway.

Its weird though is that they don´t notice that their friend and the guy that cheated disappeared, or their memory was erased?

The last sentece of the episode made me curious though
May 14, 2017 11:44 AM

Mar 2013
Man, wtf is this? It's really confusing.

Can't tell the proper sequence of the flashback.
The dim light in the anime makes it harder to grasp what's actually going on.
Lots of question just keep on piling.

Well, I understand about my last concern since it'll be explained later on but first two is making it a hard watch so far.
Jun 27, 2017 6:11 PM

Nov 2016
Liked this episode even more than the first one, my eyes were glued to the screen, really an intriguing show.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Jul 3, 2017 4:10 PM

Aug 2013
Only second episode and it's already a filler. I start thinking that the only thing that this anime can do is start with strange cruel scenes at the beginning and WOW SO CREEPY bullshit at the end of each episode. 50 minutes of series and just nothing happened at all, I bet that this anime just like other pretentious second-tier anime will be boring and long paced until a middle of series but then after that it's just won't have enough time to explain anything as always and apologists just would say "go read manga".
Jul 4, 2017 7:56 AM

Feb 2016
Lawgun said:
Only second episode and it's already a filler. I start thinking that the only thing that this anime can do is start with strange cruel scenes at the beginning and WOW SO CREEPY bullshit at the end of each episode. 50 minutes of series and just nothing happened at all, I bet that this anime just like other pretentious second-tier anime will be boring and long paced until a middle of series but then after that it's just won't have enough time to explain anything as always and apologists just would say "go read manga".

You expect the whole plot to come in front of your eyes in 2 episodes? Come on.
It has a very conclusive ending that covers the whole source material (novel), everything has a purpose. Now it seems you have already predetermined this show is gonna be bad, so I don't expect you to like it so much; but if you keep going you might start liking at least some elements of the story. At first it might seem slow, but gradually picks up and becomes a lot different than now (in a good sense).
AquamirrorJul 4, 2017 8:00 AM
Jul 5, 2017 2:44 PM

Aug 2013
Aquamirror said:

You expect the whole plot to come in front of your eyes in 2 episodes? Come on.
It has a very conclusive ending that covers the whole source material (novel), everything has a purpose. Now it seems you have already predetermined this show is gonna be bad, so I don't expect you to like it so much; but if you keep going you might start liking at least some elements of the story. At first it might seem slow, but gradually picks up and becomes a lot different than now (in a good sense).

I did't expect anything, but is this anime or just another excuse in style: "it's just novel adaptation, this is why everything so bad here, go read manga" - no thanks, after such experience I certainly know that I'll just sleep in process of reading, it's not about this concrete anime. I just clearly see a pattern for such anime, all bad incoherent anime are same, they just don't know what they want to be.
Aug 13, 2017 12:46 PM

Feb 2015
Really disturbing how people just disappear.. and it really annoys me that it seems like nobody gives a fuck.
Feb 1, 2018 7:04 AM

Aug 2017
The game was fun. So the boy that cheated is missing. 3/5
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Mar 12, 2018 3:07 PM

May 2016
That ending was awesome, anyone else saw the cat went for the cheater they showed their shadow.
Mar 28, 2018 7:41 PM

Aug 2016
meh, f*ck the school and the games. those creepy things made the episode
:v
Apr 25, 2018 4:47 AM

Sep 2017
Kinda boring. Just some world with rules that magic shouldn't be used without permission and so and so. Dunno what's gonna happen to those kids. Anyways, there was that punishment at the beginning. There is no way to know if 100 people had died or if the maniac really wanted to kill the first 200 people who stopped clapping, or if he wanted everyone to die.

Put on hold. Cause I ain't hearing an explanation for their current status quo and what happened. No intro to how they got magic makes this bad and boring.

Without change,we end up becoming the very person we hate.

I was dead until the moment I met you. I was a powerless corpse pretending to be alive. Living without power, without the ability to change my course, was bound to lead me to a slow death.

Pages (7) « First ... « 4 5 [6] 7 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Shinsekai yori Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Yumekichi11 - Sep 28, 2012

466 by aliwhytho »»
3 hours ago

Poll: » Shinsekai yori Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 22, 2013

1326 by SenpaiTM »»
10 hours ago

» why did everyone turn gay?

bladewade - Aug 23

14 by BiazinhaBR »»
Aug 25, 5:31 PM

Poll: » Should humans adopt some parts of Bonobo sociosexual behavior similar to Shinsekai yori?

Zarutaku - Aug 15

19 by IhnalakoKaina »»
Aug 21, 7:31 AM

Poll: » Shinsekai yori Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Nov 30, 2012

303 by KhalidCB »»
Aug 19, 2:10 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.