Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (7) « First ... « 4 5 [6] 7 »
Jul 24, 2019 12:48 AM
Dec 2017
This show is boring as fuck. I hate "slice of life" animes. Should I bother watching more episodes? Is it going to get interesting, or are we going to get ear fucked by boring conversations the entire time.
Jul 24, 2019 5:56 AM

Jun 2017
Lol, so they basically revived Japanese Tarzan in this episode. Damn with that kind of brute strength, he could easily become a General in the ancient world.

My answer was Wheel though, in Senkuu's question. And maybe a boat.
“What do you do when there is an evil you cannot defeat by just means? Do you stain your hands with evil to destroy evil? Or do you remain steadfastly just and righteous even if it means surrendering to evil?”
― Lelouch Vi Britannia
Jul 24, 2019 7:14 AM

Dec 2016
Its amazing how simple objects can make great things. I'm stunned by how Senku have this much knowledge *-* He's a mad genious with great science skills!

Tsukasa's the strongest in this era and that's for sure, but beating up stones that haven't got the chance to be revived yet was unnecessary ^^; I had the felling right away that he'll be the possible villain or am I imagining things?

Great episode! Still not used to this kind of art... Hopefully Yuzuriha gets revived next episode :)

[*]My Completed List
[*]♪Listen ►
[/list][/left]
Jul 25, 2019 12:53 PM

Feb 2018
The two main characters are still annoying, but the third one introduced in this episode is way better. Also, I'm getting some JoJo vibes from him. *Aztec gay rave music starts*.
BlblblblJul 25, 2019 1:02 PM
Jul 26, 2019 3:21 PM

Dec 2016
Really happy at how well TMS does the meme face scenes lol
“I love heroes, but I don't want to be one. Do you even know what a hero is!? For example, you have some meat. Pirates will feast on the meat, but the hero will distribute it among the people! I want to eat the meat!” - Monkey D. Luffy
Jul 26, 2019 9:54 PM

Dec 2013
Tarzan is a beast! I feel bad for that lion lol

A title drop in this episode!
Jul 27, 2019 5:38 AM

Aug 2016
I am pretty sure this is by JoJo inspirited anime.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 27, 2019 9:49 PM

Nov 2009
totally forgot about this anime, watching it now.

Also... this episode's end...

The red hair dude is basically going to be literally against the MC...

Whereas the red hair wants to literally kill all older people and only leave the young/ kids. Because he had bad experience with old dude claiming Shells on a beach was theirs. (personally, I would have punch the old dude's statue too... but I won't go so far to kill every old people...)

And the MC wants to revive everyone, including the older people, because the older people have more knowledge about science and can help rebuild civilization faster.

Meanwhile the other dude is just there literally in the middle of things and doing nothing atm... since he was the "brawn" which is now replaced by the "stronger brawn".
Nothing Written Here But Us Anime Bunnies *boing boing boing*
Jul 28, 2019 7:58 AM

May 2009
Abajur said:
Is it just me or the pacing is kind of shit?

First 5 episodes are prologue to actual story.
Jul 28, 2019 7:18 PM

Oct 2018
I think I just found my favorite anime, WOW this is so amazing!

Senku is my favorite character.

Fuck you Tarzan! I bet he knows that stone girl he found under the rock! Liar.
Wants to kill old people, just pure evil I tell you. Senku saw right through him.

Mila91Jul 28, 2019 7:34 PM

Jul 29, 2019 2:20 PM
Dec 2018
Nice episode.
The tarzan guy sure is a superhuman, Killed a lion with bare hands.
Jul 30, 2019 6:50 AM

Aug 2011
It seems that it is not for me.
Do not like the humor, characters, and way that the scenario is taking.
I will probably see one or two more, but if it stays that way, I will drop it
Jul 31, 2019 8:22 AM

Jul 2013
i'm glad Tsukasa was introduced. i like him more than the two main characters already.
Aug 3, 2019 11:58 PM

Dec 2012
Why he looks like the main antagonist from JOJO? lol

Aug 7, 2019 10:28 AM
Jul 2018
It's clear Tsukasa (was that his name?) is going to be the main antagonist. However, I hope that he and Senku don't actually fight; I hope that they'll form different factions, and simply disagree, rather than physically fighting. I don't know, that just seems more interesting.
Aug 9, 2019 2:15 PM

Jun 2015
Weebover9000 said:
TMS is doing this and fruits basket so much justice with adapting! Im falling in love with this studio

TMS IS love. They've always had a good reputation even with west cartoons.
Aug 15, 2019 12:54 AM
Oct 2009
The most funny part was a male lion hunting together with females.
Aug 17, 2019 12:08 AM

Feb 2009
Oh, look, Hitler-kun decides adults aren't worth of being revived. What will he do when he becomes an adult? Commit seppuku? His role is pretty much defined already to be the villain of the story. And the story was going well so far, why did they have to introduce such a stereotype? Oh, wait, I forgot, the story already has 2 other stereotypes (and will possibly have one more with the damsel in distress).
Anime ga daaaai suki!!! Computer Engineering. Japan is awesome!!!
Aug 28, 2019 12:41 PM
Oct 2018
ITS not weird to agree with new dude
Sep 1, 2019 1:27 PM

Mar 2016
I decided to give this one more try, to prove me wrong.... and....

Everything I called was in it. This is generic shonen, flat and one-note characters with a mildly interesting setting and nothing more.

I said the characters weren't annoying last time, but they were definitely grating this time. Particularly because now I know they're also cardboard cutouts on top of their grating surface elements.

I laughed when they were introducing themselves, because it was unintentionally meta:
"I'm the smart one."
"I'm the simple one."

Bingo; well, at least they're aware of their one-dimensional character traits.

The first episode was unique for the idea of consciousness in a void of thousands of years and what that set up, but it's all been dropped. Why bring it up at all then?

This is a mildly interesting concept, but now how it's utilized: just bringing back stuff with a generic super smart scientist who's smart just because he is. Nothing interesting about him. And if you really think bland characters slowly re-inventing technology is entertaining, have at it. I don't. I'm bored with this; I wanted something a little more complex; character driven, maybe even philosophical with that whole allusion dropped last time.

Further complaints with the writing is how it adopts a *very* tell-don't-show approach.
I sure loved having to be reminded every minute at how strong this guy is, and how well off they are now because of him. Literally every single character mentioned that at least once.
Seriously? How about just show him hunting and then that they have lots of food? Got it. I don't need it hammered in my head; who are they writing for? Middle schoolers who need everything spelled out? (Well, probably).

Lastly, I have to bring up how much I hate the notion these are all teenagers too. Further making them generic characters; super scientist is still in high school. The fighter who wouldn't be out of place in a Marvel film... high school too. For no real plausible reason or anything. They just are, because it's middle school writing aimed at middle schoolers. It's "cool" that they're young and more skilled than anyone else alive.
This might be interesting if Senku was 55+ and the others had more realistic traits like that.
Don't get me wrong, I have no problems with prodigies, but it's not implemented in a character way, like say Edward Elric, or other smart characters. Senku is smart and arrogant because.... because. That's his archetype in this story. He's "cool" and wish-fulfillment. None of this amazing intellect has crippled him socially or left him a loner or something revealing about his character; a balance of his strengths and weaknesses. Nope, he's Mr. Popular, attractive, and the smartest person alive at 15. SO KOOOL.
That's a huge yawn for me.

You know, because high schoolers are well known for god-like talents and ironclad willpower.... and not attention spans that last less than one minute at a time and crippling addictions to social media that leave them as parrots to the media that feeds them.

So yeah, this series is annoying and generic shonen. Further proof to find good shonen, you need to look back a few decades in time with nothing current.

Dropped and ranked 4/10.
CrimsonCWSep 13, 2019 8:29 PM
Life can be cruel and unfair. At worst it can traumatize and cripple you. The desire for wanting things to return to the way they were can cost everything and changes nothing. The best way is to keep moving forward, struggle on.
Anger can be powerful but can only get you so far. Let people into your life even if some of them leave you in time.

Fight. Like. Hell. For everything and everyone you love. Always.
Sep 16, 2019 12:42 AM

Dec 2015
Obviously, with the series tone, every character has to be exaggerated in some way. No problem with that, it goes well with the fun side this show is going for.

The rival's identity was also obvious since the last episode framing, Though I did not anticipate that it would come down to a light version of Lord of the Flies with this musucular "Jack" (after all, Senku didn't really remind me of a RalphXPiggy cross), especially starting as soon as it is rather than offering a good build-up of the conflicting situation.

3/5
Sep 28, 2019 10:47 PM

Feb 2011
I love Tsukasa's design but the instant he murdered people he was crossed off my list. It's not that I don't agree that seem people won't deserve to live, but playing god and choosing who to kill is just NO.
眠れないのは君のせい
Oct 7, 2019 4:34 AM

Oct 2013
Bernie Sanders is that you?

Discord: the.path.to.pathos
RateYourMusic
last.fm
Oct 27, 2019 10:55 AM

Nov 2017
Murderer boy is so naive. And so is the show. Taxation is good, unless it isn't progressive. Giving back to the society that made you makes opportunity equal and lets us all be more free.

He wants to kill everybody because they're evil. But that evil is systemic, conditioned, they're not truly evil except for the condition and system they were born into.

The child will grow as corrupt as the father before long. It's a human falliblity, greed, wanting more and more for yourself all the time, the belief in only your seed as the one true epoch. Selfish desire and individualism.

It's true though here that the moral compass for the show is collectivism. Murder boy is bad because he is individualistic. Though he is also insane, and it's a terrible version of individualism, versus collectivism that sacrifices personal freedoms above all else.

Don't you think society in a new age would take leaps and bounds with the bringing back of the aged? The aged have so much wisdom, things would start working again right off. It's laughable that a high schooler could achieve any of this, no high schooler would actually know about these ancient chemical processes, the chances are a billion to one. It's a desire fantasy to assume to know enough to thrive in a new age.

But narrative constraints aside, it's simply Lord of the Flies with stone.
Nov 17, 2019 2:32 PM
EOussama

Dec 2016
Man, I'm actually scared here, this haired rock-hard Hulk is a double-edged sword. Senku has had some doubts from the moment they rescued him, he sure might be a great asset for humanity, but man is he quick to submit for his anger, it's like putting a child in a Cheetos house and handing him a sparkling piece of glass, hoping that his fingerprints won't make contact with the glass.
I feel like they need to craft some raged weapons and hiding them somewhere just in case, the dude is a living Hercules legend who B**** slapped a Lion into his death, split a Rock-solid mass with a single punch, and beheaded a statue while not even trying.
Dec 22, 2019 8:02 PM

Mar 2015
I get a pretty cool JoJo vibe from these guys!
I'm Bruneian and I like anime. And Manchester United. And fat cats.
Jan 3, 2020 10:12 PM

Mar 2016
Wow, I can't believe he just straight-up murdered that guy.
"Wonder is always difficult until you forgive whoever destroyed your love of surprises"  Edmond Manning

Feb 9, 2020 12:41 AM

Jun 2009
Doctor stone is by far the best character, yet. No wonder they named the show after him.
Feb 16, 2020 3:15 PM
Jul 2017
"YUZURIHA DOES NOT HAVE A DICK!"
Mar 11, 2020 5:44 PM

Feb 2013
Tsukasa is right, the bad ones should die.
Mar 24, 2020 1:02 PM

Apr 2016
Shishio is such a badass! Although I'm starting to feel like he'll turn into an antagonist at some point, if he's not already one. I can understand his reasoning as well for not wanting to resurrect the corrupt adults; surely he can't be all that bad. Overall a decent episode again.
May 12, 2020 1:50 PM

Apr 2015
"Shishio might be a nice guy-"

Shishio: It's time for BOOMER GENOCIDE
"No, son, you may not have your body pillow at the dinner table!"
May 31, 2020 3:31 PM

Jul 2013
Damn that Tsukasa is literally Tarzan. Anyway, I see his point, one of these days once they start un-petrifying people en mass they're bound to encounter some who would do them harm and so start another unending cycle of conflict, and war, and death for humans.
Jun 13, 2020 9:21 PM

Aug 2018
Tsukasa is just cool like damn

Dec 6, 2020 8:16 AM

May 2015
Wow this guy is OP as fuck lD
"The future is always blank. Only your willpower can leave footsteps there."

"Ruling over death means ruling over life. Death is the climax of life. To have the best death, you must honor life."
Jan 12, 2021 1:34 AM

Oct 2016
Goddamn, Tsukasa just killed a lion with a single fucking punch lmao. That's fucking OP. Though I agree to a certain degree with Tsukasa to not bring everyone back, like criminals or something like that. Boomer genocide ain't it chief.
Jan 13, 2021 5:38 AM

May 2018
Good episode as usual!

I knew Tsukasa was sketchy from the start even if he is fine AF. The ending proved my point.

Am I the only who disagrees and kind of agrees with Tsukasa's point of hating boomers. And this is coming from a boomer hater herself. I think Tsukasa doesn't get the point all those corrupted old people are actually good kids at first. Then why are they corrupted, because human ego, life, things surrounding them, and other people
No matter how pure people are, they will always be corrupted at some points
Depend on how hard they life are xD
There are always things like 7 deadly sins (Wrath, greed, etc)
One does not simple, Getting rid of corruption in this world by killing all the bad things cause there are things that can change and some that don't.

And God damn Taiju
Oh look I can finally revive my crush at this moment
But You know what? Lets postpone it sometime later, we need to get this stone dress up first. The meat head is the least interesting part of this anime but I can see why they're necessary.

And my favorite part of the anime is Senkuu and his brainy methods. Learned a lot about NACO3 today more than I did from my class. Who says you don't learn anything from an anime XD.
Apr 7, 2021 9:10 AM

Apr 2017
So, this Tsukasa dude was beaten by a random drunk when he was a kid and he decided that all the adults are tainted and wants to kill them all, Ok, what about the doctors that are taking care of his sister?

I sure hope he isn't including himself when he says he wants to bring back only the pure-hearted youths.
cunnysseur
Apr 21, 2021 9:10 PM
Sep 2020
That is not cool, Senku asshole, I agree with Tsukasa
Jun 12, 2021 10:24 PM
May 2010
This episode was ultimately a really bad look for the series.

Insert Tsukasa, an absurdly over-the-top OP character, and his juvenile edgelord nazi political views. Really, that's exactly what he personifies, that exact mentality some teens get.

His views on resource distribution and concepts like ownership are, at best, naive, and at worst, evil.

In any case where resources are too scarce for all to have their fill, interpersonal competition emerges; people will end up fighting to access and control resources. The society he is opposed to exists to mitigate the severity of those conflicts.

Either he truly wants all to have free access to resources, in which case he's really demanding a power vacuum that will lead directly to the rise of authoritarians, which are the worst version of what he's criticizing, or he intends to become such an authoritarian, and secure resources from others by power, in which case, he is the worst version of the thing he supposedly hates.

The fact that his proposed solution to this imaginary problem is effectively genocide, it sure doesn't make it look good for what his goals actually are.

You know what this show ostensibly about science and the recovery of human civilization from being set back to the stone age didn't need? Stereotypical teenage edgelord hitler.

Even the conflict between Senkuu and Tsukasa throughout this episode seems off-kilter. Senkuu never really tries to discuss views or anything of the sort, which may or may not be the correct choice when posed against the threat of Tsukasa, and it's not entirely clear why Tsukasa is doing or saying much of what he is, or even what the show is trying to do with how they've presented these in a way that both foreshadows heavily where it's going, yet sprints across the transition. I guess the most generous way to describe it is "rushed." And I still don't know what the tone of this show is supposed to be.

Why does this story even need an antagonist right now anyway?
Nov 16, 2021 7:53 PM

Jul 2017
Based Tsukasa lmao

Dec 18, 2021 5:00 PM

Dec 2007
by the end of this episode, i'm note sure if they revived goku or light lol.

taiju kinda annoying me, but the story is still good.
wonder how much they gonna delay that yuhara girl lol, because by the opening it's seems she isn't reviving lol.

loved the ending a lot.
Dec 23, 2021 10:36 PM

Mar 2021
is senkuu actually sympathetic or what
Dec 25, 2021 8:49 AM

Jul 2021
Good thing they hadn't restored Yuzuriha yet, because otherwise they would probably die if they hadn't used the restoration fluid on Tsukasa (which by the way is incredibly strong).
Probably Senku and Tsukasa will have more arguments in the anime because of that topic they talked about at the end of this episode.
asdasdsadad
Dec 28, 2021 1:44 AM

Sep 2020
The last part gave me chills ngl
Dec 29, 2021 5:53 AM

Sep 2021
theres no way this tsukasa guy aint gonna turn on the team later dude. hes overpowered as fuck, accused by high school einstein of being a greedy bureaucrat, eye camera shots, rambling about creating a new "perfect" world

all red flags
hgwnejmp.ädqwsd
Feb 25, 2022 5:47 AM

May 2020
Tsukasa's that important asset they needed to survive as the sole humans in this stone world. Though he does have an ideology in contrast to that of Senku's.

That ED did catch me off-guard ngl.
Jul 2, 2022 7:01 AM

Mar 2022
Oh so he is going to be antagonist ? Interesting. I don't know which side to root but we'll see.
Aug 12, 2022 5:08 AM

Jan 2020
Tsukasa, I see...
Aug 12, 2022 5:08 AM

Jan 2020
Swagernator said:
That new Tarzan-kun ... i like his way of thinking.
LOL, I figured. xd
Pages (7) « First ... « 4 5 [6] 7 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Dr. Stone Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 5, 2019

487 by Mat2468xk »»
Yesterday, 12:47 PM

» Senkuu is not as smart as he think he is

Cravun - Mar 13, 2023

4 by DigiCat »»
May 19, 8:21 AM

Poll: » Dr. Stone Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Sep 20, 2019

178 by EarthWoven »»
May 15, 4:25 PM

Poll: » Dr. Stone Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Syureria - Dec 13, 2019

337 by Colonel-Maskou »»
May 14, 1:58 PM

Poll: » Dr. Stone Episode 17 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 25, 2019

276 by Rob7 »»
May 13, 7:17 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.