3It was OK
11.4%
2Disliked it
3.8%
1Hated it
2.3%
Average 4.3
1,381 votes
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (7) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Jul 12, 2019 6:23 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
The experiments begin!

Tsukasa is no joke as he is introduced this episode. However, the anime still retains a good degree of its humorous gags. I'm still quite impressed by the world fiction of this anime and how immersive it is.

The concept of petrification into stone still makes this anime a bit interesting.
Jul 12, 2019 7:30 AM

Aug 2017
I think that it's hard to get used to this type of comedy but I will try to like it.

Anyway, a bit better than the first episode.
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Jul 12, 2019 7:55 AM
Feb 2018
First 2 and a half minutes out of 24 is previous episode recap. I already "like" that.
Jul 12, 2019 7:59 AM

Nov 2016
Man, Senkuu talking back to Tsukasa at the end gave me chills.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Jul 12, 2019 8:01 AM

Apr 2016
That new Tarzan-kun ... i like his way of thinking.
Jul 12, 2019 8:03 AM

Mar 2008
I sort of agree with Tsukasa. Certain people do not need to be brought back.
Jul 12, 2019 8:03 AM

Oct 2014
Ahhh, well with how strong he seemed he definatley gave off a villian vibe ^_^'

No series like this is interesting without a little conflict but I kinda hope he chills out...

Still loving this so far, the beginning recap was very stereotypically shounen though ^_^'

Wonder if they're gonna keep having to delay the awakening of muscle heads girl... it'll get a tad annoying if they do it a 3rd time in a row >.>.

Jul 12, 2019 8:04 AM
May 2019
TMS is doing this and fruits basket so much justice with adapting! Im falling in love with this studio
Jul 12, 2019 8:11 AM

Oct 2017
Wow man the more im watching the more im loving this adaptation.Tsukasa is such a op guy but even he realizes how awesome senkuu is. Also i always agreed with Tsukasa's ideals but u can't just leave all ths grown ups to just die now can u. The last part where senkuu stood upto Tsukasa and denied him gave me chills again.
MegamiRemJul 12, 2019 12:48 PM
Jul 12, 2019 8:11 AM
*hug noises*

May 2013
Do they really need to start having 2-minute recaps at the beginning of the episodes already? lol

Taiju is getting on my nerves already but otherwise it's interesting enough at least, albeit a bit silly in many aspects
Jul 12, 2019 8:19 AM
Ero Ojisan

Jun 2019
Another educational episode. I wonder if Tsukasa is going to be a friend or a foe to Senkuu. He seems like a good guy, but he seems to have a different approach on bringing back civilization.
Jul 12, 2019 8:22 AM
Sep 2015
3 all male characters work perfectly for me, not sure if adding more character or female will destroy my harmony. Tsukasa physical turns me on but his mental turns me off, he's basically a murderer and must be put in my private prison!
Jul 12, 2019 8:22 AM

Aug 2013
Interesting episode. So we see the revival and introduction of Tsukasa. He manged to beat/kill a lion with his bare hands. Definitely a strong guy.

Wonder when they will revive Yuzuriha.

Jul 12, 2019 8:25 AM

Feb 2018
Ma, it seems like their experiments aren't in vain.
Jul 12, 2019 8:26 AM

Aug 2014
Leo said:
Interesting episode. So we see the revival and introduction of Tsukasa. He manged to beat/kill a lion with his bare hands. Definitely a strong guy.

Wonder when they will revive Yuzuriha.
next episode she will be
and shits gonna go down too
TheDiabolicEsperJul 12, 2019 8:30 AM

Jul 12, 2019 8:30 AM

Feb 2016
I think they are adapting the manga nicely.

Now we got a Tarzan and constantly screaming muscle brain
Jul 12, 2019 8:33 AM

Jan 2009
conservative (old natural ways) vs progressive (technologist)

i like where this is going lol
Jul 12, 2019 8:33 AM

Apr 2019
I am so on the Tsukasa Boat
but antagonists never win the long run. Sigh.
They either become good guys or they die.
You son of a .. turtle

Jul 12, 2019 8:38 AM
Feb 2019
I didn't expect Tsukasa to take down a lion with his bare hands, that was rather surprising.
Hope they'll "un-stone" Yuzuriha in the next episode to see..idk some female POV of the situation
Jul 12, 2019 8:44 AM
May 2019
papsoshea said:
Tarzan is revived, he runs faster than giant wild boars and can one shot lions lol this is a series that requires a larger than a normal suspension of disbelief, even for a shounen sci-fi - still will give the show time to answer a lot of glaring questions but I do feel most won't. But still, it is fun, goofy, and the ideas it is presenting are intriguing.

I mean ,this isnt the first time weve had overpowered high shcoolers doing overpowered things. Its at least mentioned that hes overpowered by Senku in the episode. Dont know why Dr.Stone gets flack for it but other anime with overpowered highschoolers dont. It honestly bugs me
Jul 12, 2019 8:44 AM

Jan 2018
I actually agree with shishio more than Senku lmao
Jul 12, 2019 8:47 AM

Jan 2009
MasterCastro said:
I didn't expect Tsukasa to take down a lion with his bare hands, that was rather surprising.

you are not surprise by the super ultra genius of Senku? i mean stuff that he do like that precise (not just accurate) counting of 3700 years is too unrealistic too lol

KlinyKlinn said:

lol might as well go back to living in the jungle again and become a hunter and gatherer like he is good at in this episode, lets just end (capitalism) society and its technology since usually the capitalists that owns a lot of properties are rich and old people that he hates
degJul 12, 2019 9:07 AM
Jul 12, 2019 8:57 AM

Jun 2010
this episode was better than the first for sure.

KlinyKlinn said:

same here. XD
Jul 12, 2019 8:57 AM

Jul 2017
Eh, more fantasy sci-fi goodness!

Taiju being Taiju, decides to NOT un-pentrify Yuzuriha due to "legit" reasons. And of course his light-years ahead brain cannot comprehend anything from his good ol' scientist Senku.

So the first person to un-stone is Shishio Tsukasa, and with his Tarzan-like tactics, he is the brute force.

Tsukasa's point is vindicative of Senku rebuilding the ideal civilization back, into the good roots.
And I agree with wholeheartedness of Tsukasa, but Senku's prposition is clear too.

Otherwise, great episode, even better than the 1st! Plus the cool ED too.
KANLen09Jul 12, 2019 9:03 AM
Jul 12, 2019 9:04 AM

Jul 2014
Tarzan being racist towards old people was unexpected, I mean he did seem fishy from the start but, damn. Senku standing up to him tho was hype, I'm more into what Senku says than Tarzan, Im not that kind of a person to just ditch old people, not all of oldies are a-holes, much as not all young people are relatively "good".

The characters here are too OP. Senku's brain, Tsukasa's power and Taiju's strength/stamina?

Senku being the smart dude that he is, was already making a weapon for Tsukasa from the looks of it, and he hid the 4th thing he was supposed to say as he started doubting Tarzan more after sucking up to him.

Time flies when I watch this and Fire Force, summer is a good ass season.
Jul 12, 2019 9:15 AM

Jul 2017
Man just one punched a fricken lion, butt naked. GG

Not really liking Taiju so far, seems way too brawn and not much else going for him but I do hope it will change
Jul 12, 2019 9:19 AM

Sep 2017
Nice episode. Shishiou has always been an interesting character for me because anprim is an actually existing ideology (however fringe it is), so it's not just a made-up excuse for a villain. But his arc in the manga is kind of unsatisfying.

The ED is kinda lame though.
Jul 12, 2019 9:20 AM

Aug 2018
-Stray said:
Tarzan being racist towards old people was unexpected, I mean he did seem fishy from the start but, damn..

Today I learned being older is nowadays a race in your point of view. Thanks for the information!

About the episode; eh... I'm not convinced yet.

Iether way, you can also get your calcium carbonite out of egg shells and snail shells and such if you're wondering. Eating small pieces of egg shells that got into your omelet is not harmfull at all!
Sorry, due to licensing limitations, this message is unavailable in your region.
Please come drink tea, eat cake and procrastinate at the Cute Girls Doing Cute Things Club. We have simulwatches! \o/
Jul 12, 2019 9:35 AM

Jul 2014
Timz0r said:
-Stray said:
Tarzan being racist towards old people was unexpected, I mean he did seem fishy from the start but, damn..

Today I learned being older is nowadays a race in your point of view. Thanks for the information!

You're welcome man!
Jul 12, 2019 9:41 AM

Feb 2011
definitely the same energy
Jul 12, 2019 9:53 AM

Jan 2019
The ending bumped up my score for the anime.
Both have good points and should compromise. Trouble is, are either of them able to compromise. To Be Continued...

From Senku's view I see value of bringing back everyone to spite the efforts of putting them all into stone in the first place, also there could be someone who knows more about it. The young don't have enough life experience to take the best routes in decision-making as the group grows (young leaders could have a good sense and be morally ok but they will still go through the more basic mistakes without any experience). In broader perspective, other parts of the world might have other geniuses who are doing the same, thus, its a different form of caution to be the one to revive most.

From Tsukasa's view arises the crucial point that bringing back people should be done with caution. Even Senku would admit that to get the civilization back during his lifetime the line they move on shouldn't swerve. It would also make sense to keep balance (age, sex, skills). In short, one mistake and you'd wish you could start all over again and this is always a threat since there is this chance that some people get out of the stone naturally like Senku. Last crucial point is the "civilization". Senku apparently doesn't see obstacles in the civilization that existed (seeing could be interpreted also as caring), neither acknowledges other forms of it... so far (haven't read the manga tho).

Anyway, will keep watching.
Jul 12, 2019 9:55 AM

May 2015
-Stray said:
Timz0r said:

You're welcome man!

That's called ageism not racism.

Anyway, I kinda agree with Tsukasa, there's a chance to build an idealistic society but bringing back only youngsters won't solve the problem either, there could be all sorts of people among them too.

I'm not sure I like over the top reactions here and the situation with Yuzuriha was a bit lame, like what would they do if she broke while they were running? lol
But the concept is still interesting, I hope it only gets better.
Jul 12, 2019 10:02 AM
Apr 2016
Well, of course, just like expected, with a new person saved; a clash of morals ensues. His "innocent youth should be saved only" mindset is stupidly childish though, just a grudge from the past.

I guess just like how Senkuu's looks are abnormal, people there can have abnormal strength. It was a little silly how the lions chased Senkuu and Taiju for so long without catching up, though.
Jul 12, 2019 10:03 AM

Jan 2009
ye in terms of generation gap and ageism it happens in real life too like the old generation like the boomers always criticize the millenials but little they know their past (government) decisions has fuck up the future for the millenials anyway but nah its simply easy to say that the millenials and young people are just lazy and snowflakes
Jul 12, 2019 10:05 AM

Jul 2014
Ten said:
-Stray said:

You're welcome man!

That's called ageism not racism.

Oh shit, thanks, had no idea age and race were different!!!
Anyways, the racist bit I said was more of a play on words thing than me being literal about age being a race. But you guys took it too literally, now I look like an idiot. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Jul 12, 2019 10:06 AM

Jun 2014
Tarzan finally got revived. I love the tension between them.
Jul 12, 2019 10:06 AM

Aug 2018
The superhuman stuff puts me off a bit in this particular setting, but that's a minor gripe. Its going well imo.
I think I don't know wtf I'm doing. Maybe. Probably.

Jul 12, 2019 10:09 AM
Sep 2017
I enjoyed this episode a lot. The obvious set up for an antagonist was necessary and welcomed. I kept thinking they were so going to drop the girl and have her die before they could get her out of the stone. I wish the OP didn't spoil who is going to come of out the stone for us Anime only watchers, but what can you do. It's a bit fishy that main girl is no where in the OP in the flesh... just saying.

So is the implication (when he changed his mind from 4 things to 3) that the shells can be used for a weapon of some kind? Gunpowder or something like it?

In terms of the ideology of the Tsu (forgot the rest of his name), well, it's not age that creates the problems that he wants to avoid, it's the human condition. These problems surfaced from things that were considered beneficial. So yeah, really interesting that his motivation is relatable if a bit naive.
Jul 12, 2019 10:20 AM

Sep 2013
Tsukasa's thought process seems ridiculously shortsighted to the point he's a clear antagonist. But it seems to only prerequisite for staying rational for 3,700 years is by being extreme in one way or another, whether or not it's for the right reasons.
Jul 12, 2019 10:21 AM

Mar 2017
Tsukasa has arrived and with him the beginning of the first arc! He might be a bit shady but you just can't hate a man who can one punch a fucking lion!

I love how simple but good hearted Taiji is and the relationship between him and Senku is so funny. Man i love this anime!
Jul 12, 2019 10:22 AM

May 2015
i think i'm the only one that hate boichi art,specially how he draws girls
Jul 12, 2019 10:39 AM

Sep 2014
Yeah I can easily see Tsukasa being an antagonist in this. Even the opening is hinting at this. That episode was pretty good too and I hope the clash of ideals between him and Senku will become more intense in the future.
Jul 12, 2019 11:09 AM
Jan 2016
MonkeyDHunter said:
Yeah I can easily see Tsukasa being an antagonist in this. Even the opening is hinting at this. That episode was pretty good too and I hope the clash of ideals between him and Senku will become more intense in the future.

I have read the manga so spoilers are so hard to avoid, but so far it is just like the manga (amazing). However, the animation has made some of the scenes even better, and as long as it continues to follow the manga the rest of the season will be AMAZING.
Jul 12, 2019 11:09 AM

Oct 2013
I liked it. We have another character freed from stone. Tsukasa is awesome. Handsome, charmy and of course strong as hell. His idea for reviving civilization is interesting as well. Just like some people said in various discussions after episode 1 was aired - Senku and Tsukasa are indeed the opposites.

What I didn't like? Senku's scientific blabbering (though it was better than in the previous episode, or maybe I got used to it); this recap in the first minutes (I hope we won't have something like that in each episode); but the biggest flaw of this episode was Tsukasa being One Punch Man against that male lion... Look, I understand it's a shounen with elements of science and stuff, but gimme a break. That was ridiculous in a negative way.

Apart from above, this episode was very fine and entertaining.

@Hatsuyuki , I'm glad I'm not the only one who noticed this similarity between scenes from two different animes. ;D
Jul 12, 2019 11:11 AM
Sep 2016
Being a fan of the manga for so long seeing it adapted as an anime is amazing, I couldn't ask for more! Tsukasa's introduction was handled really well as in the manga his small backstory was only a small amount of panels, having music and his narration on that really helps sell his ideology. With the end of this episode we start getting into the meat of Dr.Stone, so excited to see more being adapted every week. The music is really good too, especially the emotional sounding tracks and I personally really like the ED, top notch stuff.

I'm also really happy with how well it's being received, for a long while reading the manga a lot of people criticized it but it's finally getting the popularity it deserves.
Jul 12, 2019 11:15 AM

Nov 2013
I was curious how they would manage an antagonist in this type of story, so far I think it was well done and makes sense. I can somewhat understand Tsukasa's motivations and I'm happy he's not just some typical evil villain seeking world domination.

Senku creating soap was pretty cool, also the back and forth with Taiju was pretty funny when he was trying to guess Senku's question. Really enjoying this so far.
Jul 12, 2019 11:17 AM

Aug 2012
Really good episode , the methods to use shells are usable in real life and I kinda agree with the new guy pov. Bringing the adults back is a good idea. Trouble is you cannot decide which is worth bringing back and which not by yourself. Also can you guess the four use of calcium carbonate?
Based on the reaction is used for weapons, apparently in blast furnaces
Jul 12, 2019 11:23 AM

Jan 2018
Nice to being able to see Tsukasa soon. I like me some buff Light Yagami.
What a beautiful Duwang
Jul 12, 2019 11:42 AM
Jul 2019
The Tarzan dude is just a edgy teenager. Change my mind.
Jul 12, 2019 12:02 PM

Oct 2013
Luiz_Correa said:
The Tarzan dude is just a edgy teenager. Change my mind.

Tarzan-kun is just a teenage version of Kars with Saitama's power.
Pages (7) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Dr. Stone Episode 19 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Nov 8, 2019

150 by anshumankrsingh »»
Apr 7, 5:35 AM

Poll: » Dr. Stone Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Aug 16, 2019

196 by anshumankrsingh »»
Apr 6, 6:28 AM

Poll: » Dr. Stone Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 5, 2019

486 by Luban1 »»
Mar 18, 8:08 PM

Poll: » Dr. Stone Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Syureria - Dec 13, 2019

335 by Matchappie »»
Mar 5, 5:43 PM

Poll: » Dr. Stone Episode 23 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Dec 6, 2019

161 by Matchappie »»
Mar 5, 5:39 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.