Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »
Apr 14, 2018 6:33 PM
#1 Hitagi Lover

Apr 2014
Lol this was another great episode. Many funny moments like Nitta trying to have a good time with some girls and Anzu trying to beat Hina at rock paper scissors. Poor Anzu leaves, thinking they'll never meet again only to be stuck and now under a bridge lol.

Looking forward to the next episode.
Apr 14, 2018 6:37 PM

May 2017
vicexxv said:
TsundeReaper said:

Character development doesn't always equate to best girl, Hitomi is that kind where she has little to nothing character development yet she's still best girl material, I guess because this show is comedy centered that Hitomi has more impact. Tho again, we'll see what happens if Anzu can changed my opinion on her

Yep. Hitomi-chan got a lot of gags out in the series but you can't argue that Anzu got the best materials for that "daughter thing" because of her manners through her experiences in life. Not because this series is a comedic slice of life theme, character development was already pull out. It's slice of life for God's sake. We're not that dumb to understand what's going on in the series if you read the manga up to the last scanlated chapter. Why a lot saying that Anzu is the best girl? Read chapter 45 for you to understand what I'm trying to say here.

Wtf dude, it's my opinion, grow up, don't force me to read the manga, this show is not that interesting, don't force your opinion on me, Hitomi is my best girl based only on these 2 episodes, so like I said we'll see if that changed, what part of that you don't understand smfh stop being insecure and accept people have different opinions
Apr 14, 2018 6:55 PM

May 2013
MomoSinX said:
This was absolutely hilarious, especially the part with Hitomi LMAOOO. Anzu was also pretty cool.

I came here just to say that, but you got here first. lol
Apr 14, 2018 7:06 PM

Jan 2011
Mann this might be the top comedy this season while the other ones are good the animation carries a lot of the expressions during the gags !

at the end i was like are we really doing this lol at least it wasn't a strip club thought Utako was gonna stop it but she was went all out as well.
Apr 14, 2018 7:44 PM

Oct 2014
It doesn't give me that much laugh, tbh
but from the slice-of-life genre perspective this is top stuff
Apr 14, 2018 9:37 PM
Mar 2015
Let all march to the girly club
Apr 14, 2018 10:13 PM
Jun 2017
This one is great and funny, from the rock-paper-scissors part and the bar tending and club part...

New character appeared in name of Anzu... and well what an intense Rock-scissor-paper game that is, its just to show that Hina really is a strong one..

And that Club part is funny, from the bar tending part where Hitomi suddenly became a bar tender (out of nowhere!!! hahaha) and when they go to the club...hahaha..
Apr 15, 2018 2:39 AM

Jun 2017
I'm just happy that this is actually kinda funny. Good comedy is hard to find. I also like the relationship between the 2 main characters, it's fun to watch and just nice.
Apr 15, 2018 3:45 AM

Oct 2012
Such a fun episode. Really like Hitomi.
Apr 15, 2018 4:54 AM

Apr 2008
This was even better than the first episode and that was already very high on my list. Let's hope future episodes'll keep consistently this good and then we'll have a potential AOTS here.
Sorry, due to licensing limitations, this signature is unavailable in your region.
Apr 15, 2018 9:45 AM

Nov 2011
Although it is less exaggerated, the episode remains pleasant to watch and it is nice to see already interacting other characters in the story. The opening amazed me, I did not expect it so pleasant in the musical part.

FMmatron said:
This show is awesome,too many hilarious moments to list them all xD

So I'm just leaving this smile here

From this image it is understood that a bathroom works miracles. XD
Apr 15, 2018 12:57 PM

Nov 2013
Give me your clothes. - Terminator Anzu, 2018

The duel between Anzu and Hina was hilarious. I wonder, where they are actually coming from, when she can't return by traditional means. I feel sorry for her.

Yes, Nitta, that's how it is when there's a girl in your life. But neglecting your "daughter" is not okay.

How Hitomi became a barkeeper and she was dragged into going with them to the hostess club was hilarious.
You're a louse, Roger Smith. - R. Dorothy Wayneright
This is my fight! No Senpai, this is our fight! - Kojou Akatsuki & Yukina Himeragi
Apr 15, 2018 1:55 PM

Jan 2014
AotS, calling it.

Loved how unfazed everyone: men, women, and children were at everything during the second half.

I want to go to Utako-san's bar!

MomoSinX said:
This was absolutely hilarious, especially the part with Hitomi LMAOOO. Anzu was also pretty cool.

That "desu yo ne" at the end,.. that girl is allready ruined (>.<)
"I'm a middle schooler bartender!"
- Mishima Hitomi
Apr 15, 2018 3:57 PM
Jan 2012
That whole rock-paper-scissors game and Anzu pulling out Hina’s hair was so hilarious and so well animated!! I loved it!
Apr 15, 2018 5:29 PM

Jan 2013
Another girl with superpowers, what could possibly go wrong xD
That ending part was hilarious, girly-club! girly-club! hahaha
I'm glad i started watching this.
"There is no such thing as an Anime elitist. You watch Anime, therefore, you are trash by society's standards."

Apr 15, 2018 6:30 PM

Aug 2014
Catchy op it is.
I felt like i need more, definitely one of the best this season.
Apr 15, 2018 7:31 PM
ehhhhhh

Jun 2016
Omg I'm in tears!

Narf!
XD
I'm no Weeaboo
I'm Katsura
Apr 15, 2018 11:44 PM

Jun 2016
Okay, this is great! As soon as Hina started talking to her school friend it was nonstop gold! Moment after moment of laughing out loud mixed with "oh my gosh I can't believe this is actually happening right now!" I absolutely love the way this show combines the extraordinary (psychic powers and generally insane developments) with mundane settings and everyday concepts. This episode left me in stitches! XD

Even though laughter is very subjective, I have to appreciate just how well put together this is. It always keeps things moving, jokes are clever, creative, varied, never drag on too long, flow into and build off each other well, yet at the same time the show feels quite wholesome and heartfelt. If it can keep up, this might just be my pick for unexpected gem of the season, if not year! It's not often you get to see an anime comedy of this level, and I can't wait for more!
Apr 16, 2018 12:05 AM

Dec 2014
when Best Girl is introduced. :3 hehehehhe
1 of the 2 Best Girls.
Apr 16, 2018 12:23 AM

Nov 2012
This is high quality comedy series!
Apr 16, 2018 12:44 AM

Jan 2010
Add a straightman with glasses and we have a way to fill the void Gintama is leaving behind.
"Seize the time, Meribor - live now! Make now always the most precious time. Now will never come again." - Captain Jean-Luc Picard.
Apr 16, 2018 1:13 AM

Oct 2008
What a satisfyingly hilarious episode!
good thing [Vivid] is subbing this!
Anzu vs Hina was frigginly EPIC!
Hina still stronger then Anzu!
d'awww that's so cute Hina & Anzu fallen asleep to each others back!
For sure Anzu is stuck at earth since she cannot go back because the red transporting device got broken from the laundry!
2nd part was crazy as well!
Other people thinks Nitta is so busy with her so called "daughter" hahahaha!
Hina was easily tempted at Takoyaki!
Hitomi became the youngest bartender!
Everyone is so happy go lucky inside the Cabaret club!
What an outstanding bill 2.5m yen!? omg!
5/5.

Apr 16, 2018 3:31 AM
Oct 2017
THis episode left me grinning like an idiot, I loved it.

The art is unique and beautiful. I love the colours and style. The girls look very natural, I love the way they are d\rawn.

This episode was hilarious. The poor friend becoming a barmaid, Anzu, Nitta's character, I love it all.

Nice!
Apr 16, 2018 11:30 AM

May 2009
I'm so glad I picked this up, this is going too good

I almost died at jan-ken-pon scene
Apr 16, 2018 1:48 PM

Feb 2017
Best girl Anzu is here! I feel bad for her. She could be like any other villain and follow Hina everywhere in attempt to kill her, but no. She's a good girl and now our good girl is homeless. Poor child :c
Second part was exactly why I'm watching this anime - so much absurd that no one who has sense of humor could possibly dislike it (except for those who dislike it).
Apr 16, 2018 11:08 PM
Nov 2017
Loving this show has me laughing all the time which I don’t alot of the time watching most comedies!
Apr 17, 2018 6:45 AM

Mar 2018
Oh my god you guys, "Anzu is homeless again" has got to be the most depressing, hilarious thing I have ever seen. How can something be so sad and make you laugh so much at the same time?!?! Poor Anzu!!!

Damn this show is great.
♫ やっと見つけた織姫様 だけどどこだろう彦星様
これじゃひとりぼっち ♫

"Just like my arms... can never be soft and warm, like yours are"
Apr 17, 2018 8:13 AM
Jul 2018
i could not stop laughing at the part where Hina's friend becomes a bartender lol
Apr 17, 2018 2:14 PM

Feb 2008
That was one hell of a party.

I felt genuinely bad for Hitomi, although her coping mechanisms were up to the task. Her newly acquired skills as a bartender were undeniably top notch. Regardless, Hitomi should have known better than to join Hina in her endeavour.

However, when it comes to misfortune, no one beats Anzu...
Apr 17, 2018 3:43 PM

Nov 2009
Hitomi was awesome. And poor Anzu lol, I'm assuming that the next title refers to her.
Apr 18, 2018 1:05 AM
Mar 2012
Lol that's some strong stuff... both their powers & all the wine.
Anzu & Hitomi are great additions. Hitomi looks like the only tsukkomi in a room of crazies.
Bit surprised Nitta suddenly realized then abandoned that fatherliness he unwillingly built up and started the mackerel feeding lol.
Apr 18, 2018 2:56 AM
孔真・コウマコト

Jun 2017
This show is just Hilariously Great! I just watched both the epsiodes and they were brilliant! So many hilarious and heartwarming moments, definitely running for one of the best anime of the Season.

During the first half, we got to see Anzu’s struggles. It was nice to see Anzu and Hina get to spend some together though. Those faces during their matchup was just perfect. The neck crack was equally hilarious. Second half of this epsiode is just gold, meanwhile. They whole group invaded the Girly Club, along with two high school students. xD, the public's priceless reaction killed me. Looks like next epsiode will be a lot different though, since the title said something about Hobo Life. Can’t wait to see what that’s about.
#Anime4Life be my Life Motto! #PrayForKyoAni

Apr 18, 2018 9:12 AM

Nov 2014
I really like comedy in this anime. It has style.

Poor Hitomi lol.

Judging from title, we will get more Anzu next episode. Nice.
JustAnotherShiroApr 18, 2018 9:27 AM
Apr 18, 2018 9:45 AM

Nov 2014
This show is gold.

Apr 18, 2018 10:54 AM

Mar 2018
soibra said:
i could not stop laughing at the part where Hina's friend becomes a bartender lol

yaaaassss and then the conversation with her Mom, oh my god!

"Where are you honey?! Its so late!"
"I'm at a girly club" :-(
"What?! Don't be ridiculous! Just come home right away!"

And we didn't even get to see her Mom ask her what she did all day... ;-D ("Oh, I learned how to make highballs and martinis...")
♫ やっと見つけた織姫様 だけどどこだろう彦星様
これじゃひとりぼっち ♫

"Just like my arms... can never be soft and warm, like yours are"
Apr 18, 2018 10:14 PM
Nov 2010
omg. this episode was so outrageous. so many laughs!!!! loved this episode.
Apr 18, 2018 11:12 PM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
A very expensive the bill in the night party with Hina!!! kekeke
Apr 19, 2018 4:07 AM

Jan 2017
should i read the manga for longer stories? :o
Apr 19, 2018 4:45 AM

Mar 2015
And best daughter is here! Though, gotta love best girl Hitomi doing the "what am I even doing here" shticks.

Apr 19, 2018 12:50 PM

Jan 2017
Downgrade from first episode only Hitomi's segment was legitimately funny rest was just plain boring.Saiki is still comedy of the season.

I mean premise sounded like it was the perfect set up for an absurd comedy with all the randomness but so far I got more SoL heartwarming vibes than comedy and that aspect falls too short for me to continue especially in episode 2.I'm gonna give it a few more episodes and might drop if it doesn't click with me.
Apr 19, 2018 6:48 PM
Apr 2018
AITAAAAAAAAA..... 😂😂😂 KYABAKURA KYABAKURA HOIII HOII 😁
Apr 20, 2018 10:06 AM

Sep 2016
Really hilarious XD So many places to lose myself at. That last bit was the best I've seen in a while XD
Apr 20, 2018 11:44 AM

Apr 2015
Hina was a lot cuter this time round. Was crazy fun too.
Apr 20, 2018 11:57 PM
Jul 2012
Man this episode. Fucking brilliant. New girl Anzu is cool and pretty fun, but the second half of the episode.... Girly club! Girly club! I haven't laughed that hard at a scene since probably Konosuba! Poor Hitomi being dragged into the shenanigans randomly, love how they just threw morality completely out the window with nobody asking a single question about the two little girls with them all. Even better was the fact that after the hilarious: "And Anzu was again homeless...." scene that they COMPLETELY disregarded her for the rest of the episode while the characters went out to have fun. I was originally watching this anime for the Seinen feels and slice of life moments, but if the comedy stays this quality, this might be one of the best surprises yet for me this season! Looking forward to more Anzu and 'frugal living' in the next episode!
No I don't read manga. Why? Because according to MAL manga readers, all anime is either: too rushed, too slow, anime original, or a terrible adaption. I like to enjoy anime for what it is, anime.
Apr 21, 2018 4:56 AM

Jun 2013
OP song is too shoujo/anime-ish and sucks. I was hoping for a rock or metal song but we can't have everything in life. The ED is better than the OP. It its the yakuza atmosphere more.

Same with Anzu, at first I thought she was kind of annoying but I started to feel sorry for her when I realized she had no place to stay and had to steal food in order to eat and survive.

I love the comedy in this series.

Nitta can't get laid because Hina is always around him. Poor guy.

Poor Hitomi too, she suddenly found her calling as a bartender.
臭い-
Apr 21, 2018 5:24 AM

Jul 2015
-_CryingLying_- said:
Really funny, i had a lot of great times in this ep
I liked this scene a lot xD

The show just gets better and better
Apr 22, 2018 6:39 AM

Nov 2007
I have not laughed for a second. I really don't know what was so funny about this episode as majority of the comments suggesting.

3/5
Stay Home and Wash Your Hands.
Protect Yourself. Protect Your Loved Ones.
Protect Your Community and Help Defeat
Coronavirus.
Apr 22, 2018 7:30 AM

Jun 2013
This is so amazing!
Apr 26, 2018 6:46 PM

Dec 2013
Tanaka was the unsung hero of the episode, dude got the ball rolling and there was no way of stopping it, just to then have Utako get along with poor Hitomi, I have a cold and I was laughing and coughing so much this anime almost killed me.
Apr 28, 2018 1:20 AM

Feb 2014
Best Jankenpop game Ever!!!XD
When someone asks me why I like anime, I'd say Just Because.

Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Hinamatsuri Episode 11 Discussion

RafaelDeJongh - Aug 8, 2018

41 by Rickiar »»
Apr 23, 4:04 AM

Poll: » Hinamatsuri Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

RebelPanda - Aug 8, 2018

96 by FarCritical »»
Apr 12, 1:26 PM

Poll: » Best Gril? ( 1 2 )

Jhon_Bacon - May 16, 2018

64 by Animeistaken »»
Apr 12, 8:24 AM

Poll: » Hinamatsuri Episode 10 Discussion

37 by FarCritical »»
Apr 11, 10:52 AM

Poll: » Hinamatsuri Episode 9 Discussion

38 by FarCritical »»
Apr 11, 10:15 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.