Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Nov 7, 2019 6:53 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
So, they figured out more about the Red Axis and Siren.

Also, a lot of screen time for Unicorn. This episode also went far with the fan service, more than I remember from other episodes lol. The episode on Tokyo MX version seems to be censored, hope they remove that in BD/DVDs....
Stark700Nov 7, 2019 7:16 AM
Nov 7, 2019 7:55 AM

Apr 2010
I already heard it in game before but Montpelier not being ably to announce her name is funny, the ship is probably named after a US town which in term was named after the French city.
But i only know about the French announcement since i have been in the French city.

Anyway a peaceful episode with some fan service.
And Akagi being nice to the loli destroyers.
Nov 7, 2019 8:30 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
This episode felt more like a CGDCT, it was less boring than normally.
And that bath scene was interesting, but there was those damn light beams...
Nov 7, 2019 8:43 AM

Dec 2009
the animation was really bad
Nov 7, 2019 9:01 AM

Dec 2017
Finally a bath episode
Unfortunately those lights were blinding me
Will there be an uncensored version?
I enjoy lightskyblue

Nov 7, 2019 9:08 AM

Dec 2009
Samurotaku said:
Finally a bath episode

the bds might has less light beams but there wont be full nudity
Nov 7, 2019 9:16 AM
Anime Cat

Aug 2017
Literally a fanservice episode........it's OK for a while though almost no progress for the story, but then some bad animation appears and make this episode even more bad... ( My condolences to Belfast' face )

Oh, Unicorn' wish to have a normal loli body is quiet funny. Never expect that to happen.
Nov 7, 2019 9:20 AM
Anime Cat

Aug 2017
Samurotaku said:
Finally a bath episode

Damn those lights, they come out of nowhere in illogical way and disrupt beautiful view in the bathroom. Uncensored version is the only way to save this episode.
Nov 7, 2019 9:37 AM

Aug 2013
Quite the relaxing episode. A lot of fanservice though it's a shame there were a lot censorships.

Nov 7, 2019 9:38 AM

Feb 2019
It is pissing me how Z23 isn't getting any screen time compared to laffey, javelin and ayanami.

They are making jokes about sandy in anime as well lol.

That censoring certainly ruined the bath scene. Need an uncensored version for this episode.
Nov 7, 2019 9:38 AM
Jan 2019
Conveniently placed ligh Beams ahead
Nov 7, 2019 10:15 AM

Dec 2015
Ok:

1. What the hell happened to the animation and artstyle in this episode?

2. That fanservice scene was surprisingly heartwarming.

3. Finally a little bit of plot along the lines of the game, which is Akagi trying to bring back Amagi (end of Crimson Echoes).
Nov 7, 2019 11:03 AM

Dec 2018
Finally things slow down,,, Best episode so far!!

My lovely Unicorn got a lot of time!! Love too see that her older incest lover Illustrious notice what was going on and keeps an eye on her!!! They are the perfect lesbian couple!!,,YEES!!!!

And all the girls try new under where and it was panties heaven!! And they got very wet and moist for playing around with each other!!,,YEEES!!! Exactly how it should be when lesbians are playing around!!!!YEES!!!

And I like to see the softer side from the eeeh!! I dont know their fucking names but calling them wolf lesbian sisters!! They where very gentle with the children love too see that,, Because in the end NO girl shall be hurt or sinked!!! All my angels shall survive this!!

Total fan service episode!! Need to re watch because the stupid censure! But that is not the end of the world,, Great stuff 10/10

Yuri-CrusaderNov 7, 2019 1:59 PM
Nov 7, 2019 11:27 AM
Jan 2016
Its always nice to start episode with belfast wakening Enterprise xD And Belfast is always there to support enterprise, what a impressive maid!

A more calm episode that seems like only character development!

Enterprise is changing for better and is starting to be mor exposed, its nice to see how everyone treat Enterprise as a hero!

It was nice to see more character in background scenes!

The bath part was interesting, and i was also some development to Unicorn!

I knew at the end Akagi was speaking of Amagi!

Nov 7, 2019 11:36 AM

Feb 2017
cythraul said:
It is pissing me how Z23 isn't getting any screen time compared to laffey, javelin and ayanami.

They are making jokes about sandy in anime as well lol.

That censoring certainly ruined the bath scene. Need an uncensored version for this episode.

Same Z23 is my fav, but she is ignored
Nov 7, 2019 1:24 PM

Sep 2014
Holy moly the fanservice was off the charts this episode wew, tho heavily censored lol.
Loved Cleveland's reaction to Sheffy ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Amagi hype!
nerfxNov 7, 2019 1:27 PM
Nov 7, 2019 1:26 PM

Feb 2014
After the tense rescue mission from last week, this episode was filled to the brim of ship girls going about their daily chores, shopping as well as visiting the hot springs. These cute moments weren't just at Azur Lane, but also at the Sakura Empire, so seeing both sides having their nice scenes was satisfying.

Sadly, what did effect my enjoyment of this episode was the excessive amount of light rays used to censor most of the girls when they're partially nude or full-on nude while at the hot springs. It was even used on Cleveland and her friends when they're still wearing their underwear at one point. Hopefully the Blu-Ray release will reduce the usage of the light rays used.

But aside from that and the somewhat choppy animation again, this episode was still nice and relaxing. Unicorn got a good amount of screentime again and we saw her not being comfortable with the way her body was developed, but with some kind words from Javelin and Laffey, Unicorn had her cure smile restored. =)

It was a nice episode overall. Hopefully the action will resume in the next episode.
Nov 7, 2019 1:44 PM

Mar 2019
The holy light has betrayed us again....man there should really be a version without it...
No fighting, just cute ships doing cute things together while taking bath = best episode
Nov 7, 2019 1:49 PM

Jan 2008
Wow, the visuals took a huge dip, like holy what the fuck levels of huge. Some character looked so bad.

And what is this blinding light?!

Hoping the blu rays not only rid the lights but fixes the visuals this episode.

Well at least we got too see Hood in sexy red lingerie and hopefully get some Sawashiro Miyuki soon.
Nov 7, 2019 1:52 PM

Jan 2009
THAT bath scene will be glorious if they are willing to remove the censorship for the BluRays

Yuri-Crusader said:
And I like to see the softer side from the eeeh!! I dont their fucking names but calling them wolf lesbian sisters!!

If you mean Akagi and Kaga they are nine-tailed fox spirits (kitsune), not wolves ;)
Suginami85Nov 7, 2019 1:55 PM
Nov 7, 2019 2:01 PM

Feb 2011
Man watching all those white rays all over my screen sure was entertaining... not.

Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
Nov 7, 2019 2:06 PM

Dec 2018
-OJ- said:
THAT bath scene will be glorious if they are willing to remove the censorship for the BluRays

Yuri-Crusader said:
And I like to see the softer side from the eeeh!! I dont their fucking names but calling them wolf lesbian sisters!!

If you mean Akagi and Kaga they are nine-tailed fox spirits (kitsune), not wolves ;)

Oh yeh that was their names =P Im terrible on remember names in anime, especially when its so many girls!!! =P So I often give them silly nicknames =P Fox lesbian sisters sounds hotter!!,,YEES!!

Yuri-CrusaderNov 7, 2019 2:14 PM
Nov 7, 2019 2:37 PM

Dec 2009
Enterprise was only physically strong at the start of the series, self-damaging, reckless, selfless and duty-driven to a fault (nearly suicided in battle)... How much she is growing, gaining mental integrity and perspective. She's showing signs of her maturity, especially over the fact she was able to persuade a victory over the enemy by her mere presence, without needing to fight. For someone who used to be a reckless brute that would would only solve things with physical force, this is is many big steps forward for her. She's really been getting some appreciable character development.
...She still has a ways to go before a major breakthrough though.

OMG many more adorable lolis, and panties〜!!

This is what i'm really here for ლ(´ڡ`ლ)

Lol, they outright had Sheffield admit to not wearing any panties XD
(was recently confirmed by artist)

...i wonder how many nipples the BD release will have...

YES ELDRIDGE!! I hoped she would show up :D
Now just for a bit of her in action~

Unfortunately there was a lot of off-model chunky art in some scenes.
GenesisAriaNov 8, 2019 1:34 PM
❀桜舞う空〜                   Cute is Power.           🔗CosmoGenesis Project
“You cannot know what you do not know.”
“Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.”
“A truth seeker has no patience for BS.”

I seek only to improve myself and others.
Nov 7, 2019 2:51 PM
Jan 2019
The episode was a lot of cheap fanservice and litteraly no plot development.

Enerprise eating breakfast was quite nice to see.

Blessed Cleveland gave me 3 new wifus at one.

I love the virarity of charakters that are shown but most of them have no purpose.

The bath scene alone ruinded the entire episode for everyone who was more intrested in story.

I never imagned saying it but KanColle was in my opinion a lot better.
Nov 7, 2019 3:04 PM

Mar 2016
Wait, so Akagi is trying to resurrect best Fox waifu, Amagi? Hell yeah, I’d be in on that.

Also, damn. The censorship was all over the place. Arizona’s body at the beginning though :woke:
Nov 7, 2019 3:21 PM

Oct 2007
So nice. The highlight of this episode for me is Kaga terrifying the poor loli ships. "Don't make me use P-kun" that made me laugh. Akagi is surprisingly good in talking with children, she is a kind person when not in yandere mode. :)

Sandy getting bullied again. This time with an electric bath! ><
Nov 7, 2019 3:30 PM

Dec 2009
Liddo-kun said:
Akagi is surprisingly good in talking with children, she is a kind person when not in yandere mode.
Yeah it seems Akagi isn't really yandere deep down, it's more of an exterior or façade. She's mostly just doing what she thinks is right; and feels indebted to (commander). It becomes more apparent when you look at some of her lore.

Nov 7, 2019 3:39 PM

Jan 2009
too much (loli) fanservice in this episode not enough mature women fanservice

so Akagi wants to revive/resurrect this Amagi sister of hers eh using that dark mental cube perhaps
Nov 7, 2019 3:41 PM

Dec 2016
Wow, look at Enterprise smiling and interacting with everyone.

That part with her and the cube was interesting.

Interesting part at the end as well regarding the Sakura empire, Prinz Eugen knows something was up.
Nov 7, 2019 4:11 PM

Jul 2017
Just a fanservice episode in all honesty

And not even a good one at that with all the light beams lol. idk how much would get resolved in the BD though
Nov 7, 2019 4:23 PM

Jul 2015
Literally nothing happened in this episode.

Nov 7, 2019 4:33 PM

Oct 2007
Forgot to say. Akashi already feeling relaxed, and enjoying the bath at the enemy camp! :)

Also Sheffy not wearing any underwear... that certainly was what surprised Akagi in a previous episode. ;)
Nov 7, 2019 4:35 PM
Dec 2016
Typical fanservice episode, but done very badly. A few cute moments but damn this has to be one of the worst if not the the worst censorship I have ever seen in anime. Light beams/steam covering literally half of the screen at some points was really annoying. And in many cases there was really no need to show breasts at all. Unicorn is so adorably cute and I love to see her(altho her breasts were WAY too big in this episode) and nice bonding between Enterprise and Belfast but those were the only good things here
HelghastNov 7, 2019 4:43 PM
Nov 7, 2019 4:44 PM

Dec 2014
This was just glorious.

Surprisingly heartwarming, full of glorious bath scenes and fan service. Damn the unholy light beams, why must you restrict mankind from salvation?
Loved all the Enterprise and Belfast bonding scenes.

It was just about yesterday, I was getting tired of running 3-4 in the hopes to get Kaga, having already gotten Akagi on like my 2nd run, but after this episode I can't give up. Back to the fox mines for me. In all honesty though, I loved the scene with Akagi and Kaga and how they interacted with the DD's, so sweet. <3

Is the best yuri ship Akagi x Kaga or Belfast x Enterprise? Too hard to choose. :(

Was that Hood with the lingerie when Cleveland was staring? If so, well played!
That said, watching Cleveland ships get absolutely destroyed by the Royal navy girls was hilarious. xD

I hope the BD uncensors some of this, there was way, way too much censoring in this episode.

I pray to the lords above that we get a onsen episode for the Sakura Empire and possibly something for the Ironbloods too.

Amagi soon?

cythraul said:

Yeah, sucks she isn't getting more screentime. :(
Nov 7, 2019 5:01 PM

Jul 2014
This whole episode felt pointless. It would have been ten times more enjoyable if they hadn't pulled a Terra Formers. Sheesh. Also, no Zuikaku? Lame. At least Cleveland had some screen time.
SithSteelNov 7, 2019 5:05 PM
Nov 7, 2019 5:55 PM

Oct 2015
Phew! I thought you guys might've seen something I didn't, so I guess we all got the censored version. Ah, I can die knowing I wasn't the only one who didn't see the goods.

What a laid back episode, wish Enterprise did join though.
How I learned to stop worrying and love the bomb --- Dr Strangelove

Nov 7, 2019 7:01 PM

Mar 2019
I need this episode in bluray

WAIT FBI, ITS A JOKE NOOOOOOOOOOO
Nov 7, 2019 7:22 PM
Jul 2014
It's clear that Azur Lane is slowly pushing in Enterprise as the actual protagonist of the show, even though screentime is still given to Laffey, Ayanami, and Javelin. Azur Lane is clearly taking a page from Violet Evergarden and chronicling Enterprise's transition from "weapon" to "human." Albeit with far less grace and sympathy.

Overall, episode 6 was much needed, but it could, and should, have come much earlier. This sort of expansion I might expect from a third episode, not halfway through the season. Still, key scenes, minus the absurd 10-minute-long bath scene of near-total-censorship, gave a little bit more of an expansion to the world-building of Azur Lane. World-building which, once again, was sorely needed.

Sadly, and also once again, the fleshing out of the story comes at the cost of art quality:

Much Quality (TM).

And then there's also this:

Hmm, where have we seen this explanation of what ship-girls are before? Oh, wait:
"Girls with the souls of warships from years past":

Yes, I'm going to call out Azur Lane for plagiarizing Kantai Collection, as what Belfast said was just paraphrasing the same implementation of a concept; as with Kantai Collection, the girl is the "soul" of the ship where the rigging/hull is the ship itself. This is unfortunate, given that there could have been many possible interpretations, had more time been focused on fleshing out what Belfast was trying to say; Belfast could well have said that the pairing of a wisdom cube with a ship gives the ship a soul and an idealized human form. That concept would have been unique and entirely consistent with the way the mechanics of Azur Lane the game work.

It pains me to see that Azur Lane is seen to be having so little in possible content that its directors have chosen to actively paraphrase or plagiarize narrative arcs and character concepts from other shows so blatantly.

Despite these flaws, episode 6 was mostly an improvement.

GenesisAria said:
Enterprise was only physically strong at the start of the series, self-damaging, reckless, selfless and duty-driven to a fault (nearly suicided in battle)...

This interpretation would be more convincing if there were actually any real consequences to losing ship battles; As is, the worst we've seen is that the losers kind of drift on the sea, but never actually die.

How much she is growing, gaining mental integrity and perspective. She's showing signs of her maturity, especially over the fact she was able to persuade a victory over the enemy by her mere presence, without needing to fight.

That's not maturity. That's being handed an unearned victory to please the fans. Once again, your bias is showing. With Belfast now confirming that Azur Lane is using the exact same ships-to-girls concept as Kancolle the Animation, we can actually toss that "victory is her persona" and "enterprise is the jesus ship" fanwank of yours straight out the window and into the rubbish tip where it belongs. Enterprise sending the Axis packing by her mere presence alone is pandering to the fandom, and a straight implementation of being a mary sue, as I've said before; since Azur Lane is not re-litigating World War II, Enterprise's easy victories and reputation are unearned, and backed up by no prior deed or reputation.

For a better implementation of the idea of unique ferocity in a ship, compare enterprise with Yuudachi in her "nightmare of solomon" form; by no means does an exemplary combat record guarantee victory in battle.

GenesisAria said:
For someone who used to be a reckless brute that would would only solve things with physical force, this is is many big steps forward for her. She's really been getting some appreciable character development.
...She still has a ways to go before a major breakthrough though.[/img]

No, she hasn't. At best, she's made a minor decision at the behest (really, forcing) of Belfast. I find it incredibly ironic that I claimed that Azur Lane isn't Violet Evergarden, and doesn't have the means to do it via Enterprise because she's a mary sue in our previous discussion, and the next thing that Azur Lane does is try to rip off Violet Evergarden. This plot for Enterprise will fail, because as a mary-sue character, Enterprise doesn't have sufficient guiding motivation to achieve the same character arc; she had the torch passed to her by Yorktown, and did not decide to take it for herself; she had a change in diet forced upon her by Belfast, or when she is forced to save Ping Hai and Ning Hai. None of these are actually her own choices, because these "choices" are all forced upon enterprise by the plot. Her choices do not actually drive the plot forward. This makes her a reactive, and static, character who the audience cannot easily empathize with. This is unlike Violet Evergarden, whose choices do drive the plot forward, and which are motivated by her desire and belief that doing these actions will help her find her commanding officer, whom she eventually realizes she loves.

GenesisAria said:

OMG many more adorable lolis, and panties〜!!

This is what i'm really here for ლ(´ڡ`ლ)

Lol, they outright had Sheffield admit to not wearing any panties XD
(was recently confirmed by artist)

...i wonder how many nipples the BD release will have...

YES ELDRIDGE!! I hoped she would show up :D
Now just for a bit of her in action~

The fanservice scene was overdone and unnecessary. It was, worst of all, used as filler. Five minutes would have been sufficient, more than sufficient, to show that crucial scene between Javelin, Laffey, and Unicorn. Yet it went on for double that length when that time could, and should, have been used to further flesh out the world, particularly given what Belfast said about their humanity.

firemagnetNov 7, 2019 7:50 PM
Nov 7, 2019 7:43 PM
fanservice<3

Mar 2012
boi can i not wait to fap to the BD version of this episode<3

also, haven't gotten good loli pantsu in awhile
Nov 7, 2019 8:11 PM

Dec 2009
@firemagnet
I'm not getting into this again. Your bias is showing by your incessant distaste and berating Enterprise, a character i don't particularly care about but have the ability to recognize. She wasn't handed an unearned victory as it's doubtful anyone else would have pulled it off. They just did a bad job of showing how and why. Stop calling me an Enterprise fan, because i'm NOT (i don't even really like her). Did you even read all the shit i put in the spoiler for last episode? I proved everything, including the fact that most people don't give a fuck about Enterprise. So your claims hold no water.
(but i guess you only see what you want to see)

The way Azur Lane ship girls come to be is different from the way Kancolle ship girls come to be. KC girls mysteriously come to be as mirrors of the ships, AL girls are created in a sense of reincarnation of the ship and evolve from it. Belfast didn't confirm anything of the sort; you are jumping the gun to conclusions with information that doesn't even support your claim (*cough* confirmation bias ). You keep looking at it so surface level. Stop being a KC hipster, nobody cares. This is AL not KC, nor an AL vs KC thread.

firemagnet said:
The fanservice scene was overdone and unnecessary. It was, worst of all, used as filler. Five minutes would have been sufficient, more than sufficient, to show that crucial scene between Javelin, Laffey, and Unicorn. Yet it went on for double that length when that time could, and should, have been used to further flesh out the world, particularly given what Belfast said about their humanity.
The fanservice was short and done pretty well. It spent the right amount of time to get in most of the girls at least a shot. The thing about Unicorn's breasts was unnecessary but cute, and it was an excuse to have her look on and show off more of the other girls contextually without it being gratuitous. It was reasonably cleverly done.
ps: Azur Lane is doing the humanity thing by "show, don't tell". they are showing you how they are acting like humans, the human relationship between the 3 starters, and enterprise's development and growth; not sitting around expositioning about it all day at a cafe like SAO.
pps: Azur Lane is literally ABOUT fanservice... that is kind of the whole point. Character story and backgrounds and lore are bonus to keep you interest and invest you in the individual girls, but ultimately it's a waifu gacha and it's about raw appeal.

Pretty much everyone else i talk to that plays AL (some also have played KC), and that's not a small number of people, are baffled by arguments you and a few others make, they end up laughing with me about it haha. The stuff you keep saying is frankly preposterous, and i put in all the effort i could to try and help you out. If you aren't gonna hear me, and just continue parroting the same things to disagree with me for the sake of it, then please stop quoting me on it, or i'm going to be forced to see it as harassment. It's been quite a bother to others, enough for them to report it.
GenesisAriaNov 7, 2019 8:46 PM

Nov 7, 2019 8:20 PM
Mar 2017
A very relaxed episode, but at least it showed us how Enterprise begins to be more open to certain situations and she is more friendly with the other ship girls, Belfast proved to be the best maid that anyone can have again.

It is always a pleasure that an episode begins with Enterprise sleeping and then is awakened by the most beautiful and succulent maid. The breakfast had many varieties of Ship girls and several that I had not seen and some of their dialogues were hilarious, Nevada who is in charge of the cafeteria was my favorite, I love her design and the hairstyle she uses.
Enterprise and Belfast make a good couple, they stand out a lot when they share very pleasant moments and the thoughtful conversations they have leave me delighted, I would love to see Enterprise wearing a Maid dress.

Cleveland introducing her younger sisters was very cute, the older sister very proud of her little sisters and each of them has a peculiarity that highlighted them for being very adorable, Columbia and Denver are like the most striking sisters and Montpelier is the serious and calm sister.
Apparently the dark mental cube is still a mystery, but that hallucination that Enterprise has tells me that we will soon know what its purpose is.
A slight intimate moment between Akagi and Kaga, the love of these sisters is too captivating, I laughed a lot when the lolis ship girls got scared with Kaga and in the end Akagi and her sweetness calms the little ones, Akagi can be very adorable when she doesn't hide evil plans.
Akashi easily settled in the lands of Azur Lane, she looks more relaxed after she is almost destroyed, seeing the pleasant atmosphere with all the cheerful ship girls and enjoying their shopping is very relaxing and welcoming.
Javelin looked still depressed with what happened with Ayanami, but Laffy knows how to cheer things up.

This episode had a heavy amount of fanservice, in fact I thought I would go blind after seeing that censorship light, but for me it is official the ship girls of the Royal Navy have the best taste in underwear, Hood look so sensual in that red underwear, the face of Cleveland and her sisters was fun to watch, so many big breasts was overwhelming in addition to the revelation of Sheffield, I finally understand why Akagi looked so shocked after seeing under Sheffield's dress, she doesn't wear underwear ... damn.
Poor Unicorn is worried about her growth, poor thing since she feels that it is strange that she is so small and her breasts are large compared to other girls of her size, but fortunately Javelin and Laffy are her friends and they knew how to cheer her up and that Naked Ship girls festival was glorious (despite the damn blinding light)
The activities of the ship girls after the bath was fun, Warspite and Queen Elizabeth are the cutest, especially Warspite wearing glasses and sleepy Queen are prove of that.

Prinz Eugen teasing Kaga was so funny, apparently Kaga still doesn't like the Iron Blood girl being around, but I admit that Prinz is a bit hurtful with her words.
Finally Akagi's plan is clear, I hope they show some flashback of Amagi, but I'm also eager to meet more sexy girls from Iron Blood.

I would have enjoyed the episode much more but between the censoring light and the low quality in the animation and art in some scenes it was quite uncomfortable, I think every certain amount of episodes happens this, the worst thing is that this episode was the one with the greatest fanservice and they wasted, but it's just my opinion and still enjoy the episode too much.
salbery755Nov 7, 2019 8:25 PM
Nov 7, 2019 8:28 PM

Mar 2019
Spence here, Spence there, and there and there again...

So many Spence's shots.. i liked that.

Also, so much oppaiservice there.
Nyan-Pasu!... [ Ara Ara ] [ Waifus ]
Nov 7, 2019 8:48 PM
Jul 2014
GenesisAria said:
@firemagnet
I'm not getting into this again. Your bias is showing by your incessant distaste and berating Enterprise, a character i don't particularly care about but have the ability to recognize.

Then why do you defend and praise her at every single turn, rather than recognizing what a flawed character she is, and what an event more flawed plot fulcrum she is?

She wasn't handed an unearned victory as it's doubtful anyone else would have pulled it off. They just did a bad job of showing how and why. Stop calling me an Enterprise fan, because i'm NOT.

On what justification do you base this idea that no one else could pull it off? The anime certainly hasn't provided any basis for it, because it hasn't gone to the lengths needed to flesh out Enterprise's in-universe combat record using the actual history of the ship.

Your whinging doesn't hold water here, because, again, you've defended Enterprise at every turn, rather than acknowledging others' opinions of her, and that they might hold some validity.

Did you even read all the shit i put in the spoiler for last episode? I proved everything, including the fact that most people don't give a fuck about Enterprise. So your claims hold no water.

Where did you spoiler it? The last post in that thread was, last I checked, AnAnimeListFan's, before I replied to them.

The way Azur Lane ship girls come to be is different from the way Kancolle ship girls come to be. KC girls mysteriously come to be as mirrors of the ships, AL girls are created in a sense of reincarnation of the ship and evolve from it. You keep looking at it so surface level. Stop being a KC hipster, nobody cares. This is AL not KC, nor an AL vs KC thread.

Except that Belfast repudiated that. The best interpretation of what she said, and how briefly she said it, is that they are "girls with the souls of ships" exactly as Kantai Collection parsed it. Until Azur Lane shows how the wisdom cube works as Kancolle the Movie did with the "ship drop" system, the concept remains identical in all but name. This is why I complained about the length of the bath scene.

The fanservice was short and done pretty well. It spent the right amount of time to get in most of the girls at least a shot. The thing about Unicorn's breasts was unnecessary but cute, and it was an excuse to have her look on and show off more of the other girls contextually without it being gratuitous. It was reasonably cleverly done.

I stand corrected on the length; it was actually exactly five minutes and twenty seconds long. Of that, the scenes with unicorn explaining part of why she's so shy (she thinks her body is strange) lasts one minute and fifty seconds. Unicorn's scenes are useful character development; everything else is unnecessary filler.

ps: Azur Lane is doing the humanity thing by "show, don't tell". they are showing you how they are acting like humans, the human relationship between the 3 starters, and enterprise's development and growth; not sitting around expositioning about it all day at a cafe like SAO.
pps: Azur Lane is literally ABOUT fanservice... that is kind of the whole point. Character story and backgrounds and lore are bonus to keep you interest and invest you in the individual girls, but ultimately it's a waifu gacha and it's about raw appeal.

As I said before, Enterprise isn't really growing as a character; what's being done with her is, ironically, a knockoff, C-grade attempt at replicating Violet Evergarden's character arc. The problem is that Enterprise has too little personality, and not enough fleshing out in terms of personality and motivation to actually accomplish this reasonably. The need to juxtapose her as the "jesus ship" with the perceived flaw of being awful at self-care doesn't really make for an inspiring character. Also, that she's awful at self-care isn't a large enough character flaw to deserve a development arc. Her being less sloppy and taking care of herself better doesn't meaningfully contribute to the greater story Azur Lane is trying to tell, either. If I had a character to compare her to, it would be Tatsuya Shiba from The Irregular at Magic Highschool; a character with stupid levels of power who only keeps on getting stronger, and gets a drawback that isn't actually a drawback of being bad at a particular type of magic when they can resurrect people and wipe cities off of the face of the earth at will.

Pretty much everyone else i talk to that plays AL (some also have played KC), and that's not a small number of people, are baffled by arguments you and some others make, they end up laughing with me about it haha. The stuff you keep saying is frankly preposterous, and i put in all the effort i could to try and help you out. If you aren't gonna hear me, and just continue parroting the same things to disagree with me for the sake of it, then please stop quoting me on it, or i'm going to be forced to see it as harassment.

You can work with apocryphal support all you want to try and bolster your ego, but it only makes your arguments look that much worse. Case in point would be your claim to not like Enterprise when you spend most of your time in your posts swooning over her and excusing the bad script-writing that defines her implementation in the anime.

To be clear, there is a difference between liking a character, and acknowledging that the implementation of said character is bad, and that the writing of the show she's in is bad because of her presence. You seem to be consistently unable to separate these two things.
firemagnetNov 7, 2019 8:54 PM
Nov 7, 2019 8:59 PM

Dec 2009
firemagnet said:
Meanwhile, I and others laugh at the arguments you make, because you claim one thing yet all the evidence stacks against you. This is most evident with respect to your claim to not like Enterprise when you spend most of your time in your posts swooning over her and excusing the bad script-writing that defines her implementation in the anime.
You and a couple people (one of them exposed as being a rulebreaker) on MAL... vs many people who play, on multiple discord servers... Alright. Also the evidence stacks against you, not the other way around...

> Violet Evergarden wasn't that well written as a character, that show was carried by it's short stories and ancillary characters. (ps: violet is more clinically autistic than enty)
> i don't care how she words it, it's still not the same.

firemagnet said:
Where did you spoiler it? The last post in that thread was, last I checked, AnAnimeListFan's, before I replied to them.
It helps if you don't reply in such a hurry trying to act the rightest right person that ever righted. I added the link, the post even @'d you so i dunno how you missed it.

But whatever, we're done here. As i said before, it's bothering people and causing a ruckus. I won't say it again, please leave me alone.
GenesisAriaNov 7, 2019 9:12 PM

Nov 7, 2019 9:18 PM

Aug 2018
Well, I see what the marketing strategy for the dvds will be. Hell, if I had an extra 250 I’d snap on that myself.

Loved the Eldridge being electrified, nothing like adding some urban legends to the mix.

Was also gratified to see the Nevada made a cameo. I forgot briefly that Nevada had a ship, though I really shouldn’t have as there’s a suite of Nevada gear in the museum in my home town.

5/5
Nov 7, 2019 9:29 PM

Apr 2017
Next episode is going to be recap. Guess the studio really can't make it out but it's understandable. They even have to outsource to some artists.

I love some lolis scene in this episode, they're adorable

Surprised to see Sirius, albeit they miscolored a little bit.

Seibaaaa!

So they're going for Alterprise? I wonder if takao alter will make an appeareance

Formidable-chanNov 7, 2019 9:33 PM
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 7, 2019 9:45 PM

Feb 2017
We need more fanservice with St Louis (had some really little scenes), Honolulu, Sirius (they teased her D:<), and woul'd love to se formidable.... (also would love to see taihou, more prinz and bismark)
Nov 7, 2019 10:11 PM
Jul 2018
Well, we finally got a fan service focused episode complete with a bath scene and convenient rays of light. Unfortunately the censorship was a quite heavy and the bad animation ruined the mood.

firemagnet said:

It's clear that Azur Lane is slowly pushing in Enterprise as the actual protagonist of the show, even though screentime is still given to Laffey, Ayanami, and Javelin. Azur Lane is clearly taking a page from Violet Evergarden and chronicling Enterprise's transition from "weapon" to "human." Albeit with far less grace and sympathy.

Look at this:
JustAnAnimeList said:
Oh hey, it's Violet Enterprise. Huehuehuehue. Yeah, sorry, I'll show myself out.

I made this joke on the Episode 1 Discussion thread and no one paid attention to it. TURNS OUT I WAS RIGHT ALL ALONG! Mwahahahahahahah! Yeah, sorry, I'll show myself out.

Formidable-chan said:
Next episode is going to be recap. Guess the studio really can't make it out but it's understandable. They even have to outsource to some artists.

Isn't outsourcing work quite a common practice in the anime industry? And looking at the studio's portfolio it's no surprise that they're struggling. They have done plenty 2nd Key Animation work in other anime and made the Grisaia Phantom Trigger movies, but this is the first time they're producing a full length anime.
removed-userNov 7, 2019 10:32 PM
Nov 7, 2019 11:03 PM

Jan 2010
Honestly, at this point, i already stopped trying to make any sense of the story, so i´ll just say this: Why isn´t Ecchi one of the genres?

Genres: Action, Military, Historical

Right now, this show is Ecchi>>>>>>>Everything else.

Someone who watches this that doesn´t play the game or doesn´t watch the trailers might think that this is an actually serious show.
RamaTheStrandedOtaku

Nier and MGS fan.
Nov 7, 2019 11:05 PM

Feb 2011
If they were going to use rays of lights to such extent they should've picked different angles to put together the bath scene, or better yet - make something else with clothes on, but without covering half of the screen with blinding light.

I wish there were more sequences like the one with Akagi/Kaga and Mutsuki class destroyers.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Azur Lane Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 20, 2020

106 by KOningNoviPoes »»
Dec 28, 2023 6:34 AM

Poll: » Azur Lane Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Nov 28, 2019

83 by wildhood »»
Dec 14, 2023 7:37 PM

Poll: » Azur Lane Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Oct 17, 2019

96 by Heanworld »»
Nov 22, 2023 6:51 PM

Poll: » Azur Lane Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Oct 10, 2019

141 by reegooey »»
Aug 22, 2023 1:34 AM

» Character Arizona's voice actress Shirakabe Sawako doing Gravure Modeling

zxcvb321 - Aug 10, 2023

1 by Morty_NL »»
Aug 10, 2023 1:33 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.