Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Sep 16, 2018 8:24 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
The show returns this week but there's still a tense mood. While I still think Nagisa is a likeable character in the show, it feels like the show could do better to make the others more appealing. (for instance, Ayano)

On the other hand, Nagisa is still trying to be a better player.

I'm still rooting for Nagisa's future even if she has a mixed relationship with characters like Ayano. She is trying her hardest with some renewed confidence.
Sep 16, 2018 9:35 AM

Dec 2014
Mostly just a build up episode but we got some nice action towards the end there.

Ayano's snarky attitude continues to make me dislike her. This episode kinda touched on what I dislike about her character, What is she even playing for anymore? There's no reason for her to even play badminton anymore. Even Elena couldn't talk sense into her.

From what we see of Uchika in this episode, she doesn't seem like a terrible person but that doesn't match well with what we know about her leaving Ayano. She claims it was so Ayano can grow independent from her? I guess that's an extreme way to go about teaching your daughter independence.

The coach is easily one of the best characters in the show, such a good guy. :)

It was pretty cool to see Nagisa score those two sneaky points off Ayano.

Wonder what Elena plans to tell Uchika.
Sep 16, 2018 9:45 AM

Nov 2011
FINALLY Elena understands that she is at fault for bringing Ayano back into badminton.

Ayano's character just becomes more likable in my eyes. yeah she's mean but again in a Solo sport all that buddy buddy crap is meaningless.

I HATE Uchika so much. Is she just clueless as to why her daughter won't even talk to her?!?!

I hope Elena calls her a bitch and thats it.

Nagisa won't win this match. I think Ayano will win but both games will be close. 21-19 and 21-19 is my prediction.
Listen to my podcast
https://anchor.fm/waifusandweeaboos

Follow my twitch.
https://www.twitch.tv/sorasensei1

Spring 2024 Waifus on Profile

"You can have multiple Waifus" -me

Sep 16, 2018 9:51 AM
Jan 2017
that will sound kinda mean but i hope ayano win this match xD
Sep 16, 2018 10:13 AM
Aug 2016
Hella hyped for the last 2 episodes. Hope Nagisa wins.
Sep 16, 2018 11:03 AM

Apr 2012
That is, Hanebado is also on the way to the final match of 2-3 episodes? Mm, even more parallels with Harukana...In any case, I will continue to rooting for my beloved girl, although I feel that with the current style, the anime needs a very dramatic ending.

RobertBobertSep 16, 2018 11:07 AM
Sep 16, 2018 11:07 AM

Jul 2017
SHE LEFT HER YOUNG DAUGHTER JUST SO SHE COULD GET BETTER AT BADMINTON hahahahahaha kill me now
Short_CircutSep 16, 2018 12:40 PM
Sep 16, 2018 11:07 AM
Nov 2017
SoraSenpai said:
FINALLY Elena understands that she is at fault for bringing Ayano back into badminton.

Ayano's character just becomes more likable in my eyes. yeah she's mean but again in a Solo sport all that buddy buddy crap is meaningless.

I HATE Uchika so much. Is she just clueless as to why her daughter won't even talk to her?!?!

I hope Elena calls her a bitch and thats it.

Nagisa won't win this match. I think Ayano will win but both games will be close. 21-19 and 21-19 is my prediction.

I AGREE I CANT STAND THAT B***H UCHIKA
Like if I was Ayano and my Mom says I left you bc you were only playing for acknowledgement and I wanted you to get better and be more independent,
I WOULD SLAP THE PISS OUT OF HER AND SAY THANKS 4 CHOOSING A GAME OVER YOUR CHILD. KICK ROCKS B***H
sorry but she reminds me of all the terrible parents out here and I normally can laugh off an anime and say o thats just a fantasy anyway but there are a crapload of parents that ditch there kids over Sports, money, or a job. This show really gets under my skin lol.
Sep 16, 2018 11:08 AM
Nov 2017
Short_Circut said:
SHE LEFT HER YOUNG DAUGHTER JUST SO SHE COULD GET BETTER AT BADMINTON hahah kill me now
lol read mine we think alike lmao
Sep 16, 2018 11:12 AM

Aug 2013
Finally. Took 11 episodes for someone to say Ayano isn't all talent. The talented over hard work stuff has been irritating since episode 1. Good job teacher.

Short_Circut said:
SHE LEFT HER YOUNG DAUGHTER JUST SO SHE COULD GET BETTER AT BADMINTON hahah kill me now

Well there's more to that. She wants Ayano to play badminton for herself, not just to get attention from her mom. But that doesn't make Uchika's character anymore likable.
UImoetardSep 16, 2018 11:16 AM
Sep 16, 2018 11:22 AM

Jun 2014
What a ridiculous reason to leave your kid......

Anyway, I'm glad to see Nagisa start the match strong with 2 consecutive points, but of course there's no way Hane-psycho is going to be defeated easily.
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Sep 16, 2018 11:49 AM

Jul 2015
Yeah Uchika is beyond a shit parent, It's like she never realized she had a kid to raise. Feel a bit bad about Erena because she just wanted her friend to do something she's good at. While she did push Ayano to play, I don't think it's her fault directly. I love the teacher in this episode how she said that Ayano only got there because of her hard work. I feel sorry about Nagisa (the position she's in) but I'd feel even worse for Ayano. I mean if she loses, what would be left for her? I'm pretty sure Uchika would just ditch her again
Sep 16, 2018 12:07 PM

Jul 2017
UImoetard said:
Finally. Took 11 episodes for someone to say Ayano isn't all talent. The talented over hard work stuff has been irritating since episode 1. Good job teacher.

Short_Circut said:

Well there's more to that. She wants Ayano to play badminton for herself, not just to get attention from her mom. But that doesn't make Uchika's character anymore likable.

Still, there are far better ways for her to do that rather than just straight up leaving her lmao
Sep 16, 2018 12:16 PM

Jul 2015
So, she left without a word after Ayano lost a match, and found a new disciple.

How can you interpret it as anything else, than being discarded by your own mother?

And now she dates to show up like nothing f*cling happened and to even say, that it was for her own benefit.

Looks like badminton is more important to her than her own daughter

Sep 16, 2018 12:32 PM

Mar 2008
Uchika is a sorry bitch. Leaving her own daughter and raising some other kid just so Ayano could get better. Then Erena finally admitted she was at fault for pushing Ayano to get back into badminton when she clearly didn't want to.
Sep 16, 2018 12:34 PM
Aug 2015
All that wistful staring into space made me feel like Nagisa is rethinking her future. Sure she loves badminton, but realistically, there's no future in it for her. I'm hyped for her to overcome herself, as she puts it. That would put her in a great place for mapping out her life from here.

Ayano and her mother deserve each other. They both seem sociopathic to me, and all they seem to do is drag others down or string them along. It's too late in the game for a believable change of heart from either of them, although I'm expecting some tearful breakdowns anyway.
Sep 16, 2018 12:48 PM
Jul 2018
I really liked Nagisa's character so far and this episode shows how she developed throughout the show and now by bringing down OP Ayano by maintaining her composure. Ayano acting quite understandable but just can't accept her mom getting any sort of redeemation at this point.. I expect Elena to get super mad at her mom because thats more important than anything of the show so far :\

btw it seems there was drop of animation quality on this episode.. :o
Sep 16, 2018 12:49 PM

Apr 2015
Leaving your child for such reason is just utter bullshit. But that's just me. I dislike Uchika a lot.

Really hyped for this match. Personally I hope Nagisa will win from Ayano, not that I hate Ayano but I just dislike her attitude.

Really curious what Elena will say to Uchika.
Sep 16, 2018 1:01 PM
Mar 2018
SkyDrop said:
I really liked Nagisa's character so far and this episode shows how she developed throughout the show and now by bringing down OP Ayano by maintaining her composure. Ayano acting quite understandable but just can't accept her mom getting any sort of redeemation at this point.. I expect Elena to get super mad at her mom because thats more important than anything of the show so far :\

btw it seems there was drop of animation quality on this episode.. :o

Agreed. She really has a great character development. She is more mature, calm. She never once snapped back at Ayano with her provocations.
Sep 16, 2018 1:14 PM

Sep 2018
Can I just add, how much I liked the music backing this episode was amazing. Like again, this spooky crazy scene with Elena and Ayano, but also the beginning of the match! I feel like it was better than the last episodes - or I really just like this suspenseful, but uptone music :D

Also I really grown on Nagisa, her developement in the past 2-3 episodes is amazing. Tactical break down by the pink girl (i forgot her name :/ ) is a good idea since it fits the context - not that it's not been done by others. But still.

Really looking forward to the next episode. And love how alive this threat is, cuz I just started midway of Hanebado! with MyAnimeList <3
Sep 16, 2018 1:18 PM
Nov 2015
Ever since Ayano became the edgy queen this show gets harder and harder to watch. Which is a shame since I was enjoying it up to ep 8...

I can't even finish this episode, I'm stuck on minute 14...
Sep 16, 2018 1:32 PM

Nov 2011
RobertBobert said:
That is, Hanebado is also on the way to the final match of 2-3 episodes? Mm, even more parallels with Harukana...In any case, I will continue to rooting for my beloved girl, although I feel that with the current style, the anime needs a very dramatic ending.

The respect factor will come into affect right before the first game ends, Ayano will win and then win the second game IMO. However this is a different beast from other sports anime so maybe JUST maybe there will be a surprise ending.
Listen to my podcast

Follow my twitch.

Sep 16, 2018 1:33 PM

Nov 2011
BY THE WAY
You can hate Ayano all you want but there's no arguing she makes the best faces in this anime.

Listen to my podcast

Follow my twitch.

Sep 16, 2018 1:36 PM

Apr 2012
SoraSenpai said:
RobertBobert said:

The respect factor will come into affect right before the first game ends, Ayano will win and then win the second game IMO. However this is a different beast from other sports anime so maybe JUST maybe there will be a surprise ending.

Well, Nagisa vs Ayano is the central line of the plot, and Ayano is the protagonist, so do the math. However, it is enough to me that Nagisa and Elena in general was in this show, lol.
Sep 16, 2018 1:54 PM

Mar 2018
Okay, i hate Uchika, and you already know why.

Nagisa become a likable character, i definitely didn't hate her but somehow i still prefer Ayano just because "abandon mom" need to happen (but seriously she need to town down those rude attitude).

Would be interesting if the ending become like this:
Nagisa win but couldn't play badminton anymore because of her knee condition, and Ayano beaten at the only best thing that she could do, stop playing too with nothing left, no mom, no friends, nothing.
Sep 16, 2018 2:40 PM

May 2015
no matter what sob story you add with uchika's reason i would still not like her

ayanon's behavior i wonder how do you deal with that in real life, i still love her though her smug is fun to watch

please stay technical till the end and dont give us the power of friends bullcrap
Sep 16, 2018 2:46 PM

Apr 2016
You tell her Elena... Someone has to say something for her to realize...

"Le vent se lève!... Il faut tenter de vivre!"
- Paul Valéry, Le Cimetière Marin -

Sep 16, 2018 3:54 PM

Jul 2013
Moral of the story: If you want your child to be self-reliant, abandon him/her.

and the best parenting of the year goes to...
Sep 16, 2018 4:18 PM
May 2013
That "Oppa!"i from the kids caught me off guard. Had to double check if they really said it.
Sep 16, 2018 4:27 PM
fanservice<3

Mar 2012
this is just...

some of the SEXIEST shit i've ever seen...
Sep 16, 2018 4:34 PM

Oct 2015
SoraSenpai said:

May be meningless but some degree of respect is needed
What pissed me off from her behaviour this episode is that her commentaries are trying to provocate Nagisa (not very noble, but a legit strategy nonetheless) and then goes on to their match to complain about Nagisa strategy, please
Sep 16, 2018 4:54 PM
News Team
YEEHAW

Nov 2014
Ayano and her mother needs a fucking slap in their face.
STOP SLEEPING ON ODD TAXI

Sep 16, 2018 5:13 PM

Oct 2010
This is insane

That living visual metaphor went from enclosed in its chrysalis to emerged and flying in under a minute during that conversation. It takes a butterfly's wings about half an hour or more to flatten out and harden after emerging.

In a way I'm grateful that there ended up being no BS Uchika sob story (unless it's still to come), with her instead turning out to be unbelievably stupid and nothing more. Truly ill-conceived in either case, but there's less cognitive nails-on-chalkboard this way.

I posted this on Crunchyroll two weeks ago

The general attitude is not that [Ayano's] terminator mode is perfectly fine, but that it's to be expected. If I raise a child abusively and that child becomes a bully, his bullying is obviously not okay, but for anyone to approach him with "Now now, you should know better than this" would not fit his situation.

I don't hate Ayano, but I am not entertained.

"I am not entertained" describes this show in general when the focus isn't on Nagisa.
Sep 16, 2018 5:19 PM

May 2016
Now that the final game has started I think it's to voice my thoughts on Ayano and her strained relationship with her mother.

Many of us here have been growing frustrated with this series and with Ayano's cold attitude. While I do understand all the frustration, I feel that the same said people are growing too impatient for release with all this emotional weight the series has had pretty much from the beginning. The thing is, there's a lot more going on here than you realize and once again I have to thank Nearly On Red's recent video on this very subject for it made me realize things I should have noticed earlier.

Ayano's predicament started when Uchika's own life changed. You see, from what we know Uchika was a ten-time national badminton champion... who suddenly became pregnant and had a child. You see where I'm getting at here? In fact, have you noticed that Ayano's father has never been brought even once this entire season?

Now of course we don't know what the circumstances were or how exactly Uchika got pregnant. It could have been an affair that didn't end well or maybe Uchika got careless and made a bad decision. Whatever the case, it changed Uchika's life. All of sudden she was no longer a badminton protege, she was now a mother. Something she clearly wasn't ready for.

You see, I disagree that Uchika is a terrible person. But I will say that she is a poor mother. Not because she was abusive or didn't care, it's she didn't know how to be a mother. Ayano and Connie both loved her like a daughter should, but Uchika didn't see that way. She thought their adoration was because she was their teacher, and that's where she made her mistake.

The thing you need to understand about Uchika is that she's a badminton fanatic. To her, badminton comes first and everything else is second. And that includes Ayano and Connie. If you look back at their previous conversations through flashbacks in previous episodes, she always talking about badminton and not about them. She loves badminton so much she's oblivious to everything around her.

Now is she doing this intentionally? Well, not really. It's more subconscious then intentional. You could argue that maybe she abandoned Ayano as revenge for ruining her life but I seriously doubt that's the case. And the thing is, she was training Connie long before she left Ayano, as seen through Connie's flashbacks. It is mentioned that Uchika often took trips around the world while Ayano was growing up. And while she did use the word "daughter" there's a big difference between saying that word and actually meaning it.

When I look at it now, I think the reason why Uchika left Ayano was not because Ayano lost, but because she herself lost. She felt like she had failed as Ayano's teacher and to relieve her frustration she flew over to Denmark to train her other student but ended staying longer than she planned because Connie showed great potential. And that's where Uchika's greatest flaw is. She doesn't see Ayano or Connie as her daughters, but as her students. It doesn't mean she didn't love them any less, but she loved as their trainer not as their mother.

Like I said before, Uchika wasn't ready to become a mother and because of that she had no idea how to raise a child. This is why she's so shocked when Ayano starts treating her so coldly after she finally returns home after so long. It's because she doesn't understand human relationships, especially between mother and child. Badminton is her life. It consumes her every thought, probably even when she was pregnant with Ayano. To her, she sincerely believed that she was doing Ayano a favor by leaving her on her own, completely unaware that she was actually hurting her.

Now with this episode ending with Elena asking Uchika about Ayano, we might get some revelation on Uchika's own past. Like how she got pregnant, how she dealt with it, and what led her to leave Ayano behind. It likely won't excuse her actions but at least we'll have a better understanding of her character.

On a final note, in regards to this match between Ayano and Nagisa, I mentioned in a previous thread that Ayano would be a lot like Rocky Balboa. Well, in this case, the match reminds more of Rocky vs. Clubber Lang in Rocky III except this time the roles are completely switched. Ayano is now Clubber Lang while Nagisa is now Rocky.

Ayano has now convinced herself that she's the greatest badminton player in the world and wants to show it while also wanting to take her entire frustration out on the badminton world. Nagisa, like Rocky, is the wounded warrior who suffered an humiliating defeat with Ayano and now intends to pay her back. Perhaps through the last two episodes Nagisa will actually defeat Ayano, showing that Ayano isn't as strong as she thinks, even if she has to sacrifice her knee. And perhaps at the same time, Elena will tell Uchika what she did wrong during their conversation and how she needs to make up for it.

We can only wait and see.
DirectorKSep 16, 2018 7:07 PM
"You talk too much. Think too much."
"I don't care how justified you think your reasons are. I won't tolerate liars or thieves."
"If you're not going to be nice to me, don't expect me to be nice to you."
"I'm a soldier, not a superhero. Don't ever think of me as one."
"The world doesn't revolve around you. Get that through your thick skull."
"People who live by their emotions go nowhere in their lives. They only find misery.
"If you don't like the way your life is than do something about it instead of sitting there feeling sorry for yourself."
"You want something go get it. Period."
Sep 16, 2018 5:44 PM
Mar 2017
I think Uchika needs to go to a psychologist, a psychiatrist and maternity classes, this woman does not understand that what she did is unforgiving by Ayano, I found Uchika's attempt to talk to Ayano pathetic, to see her full of rage instead of sadness, I wasn´t surprised
Creepy Ayano is the funniest thing, her personality change when she elongated, it caused me a lot of laughter.
Elena feels guilty, to a certain degree, she is to blame for something, she dragged Ayano to play badmington again.
Ayano continues to pressure Nagisa, although she is more intelligent and knows how to deal with her, Nagisa has matured and her mentality is to overcome her greatest fear, her own weakness and she really succeeds, I was surprised by the two points of advantage she has from Ayano.
Elena is approaching Ushika to talk about Ayano, but how will she do it?
Ayano was angry to see the style used by Nagisa for this match, which means Ayano will play more wildly and aggressively.
My prediction is first set Nagisa wins, second set is won by Ayano and third Nagisa will have a big advantage (5 or 6 points), but I'm sure that Kentaro coach will stop the game due to Nagisa's knee injury, giving Ayano a empty victory and again Uchika will see the result and disappear from the life of Ayano again, since that, ladies and gentlemans is her only way she knows for her daughter to improve.
Sep 16, 2018 5:45 PM

Nov 2011
DirectorK said:

On a final note, in regards to this match between Ayano and Nagisa, I mentioned in a previous thread that Ayano would be a lot like Rocky Balboa. Well, in this case, the match reminds more of Rocky vs. Clubber Lang in Rocky III except this time the roles are completely switched. Ayano is now Clubber Lang while Nagisa is now Rocky.

Ayano has now convinced herself that she's the greatest badminton player in the world and wants to show it while also wanting to take her entire frustration out on the badminton world. Nagisa, like Rocky, is the wounded warrior who suffered an humiliating defeat with Ayano and now intends to pay her back. Perhaps through the last two episodes Nagisa will actually defeat Ayano, showing that Ayano isn't as strong as she thinks, even if she has to sacrifice her knee. And perhaps at the same time, Elena will tell Uchika what she did wrong during their conversation and how she needs to make up for it.

We can only wait and see.

Not a bad comparison but you gotta remember that they are both going to Nationals so yeah it's possible that Nagisa wins and only Ayano goes to Nationals and builds off her loss but I feel like Nagisa's chance for winning will decrease by the point.
Listen to my podcast

Follow my twitch.

Sep 16, 2018 6:06 PM

Oct 2010
"In a world growing blind, who can expect me to see the pain that I caused?"
-Anders Jacobsson, Draconian - Seasons Apart

DirectorK said:
When I look at it now, I think the reason why Uchika left Ayano was not because Ayano lost, but because she herself lost. She felt like she had failed as Ayano's teacher(....)

"My student lost one game while suffering from a bad cold! I've failed!"

This show is irredeemably ridiculous.
Sep 16, 2018 6:26 PM

May 2016
SoraSenpai said:
Not a bad comparison but you gotta remember that they are both going to Nationals so yeah it's possible that Nagisa wins and only Ayano goes to Nationals and builds off her loss but I feel like Nagisa's chance for winning will decrease by the point.

Maybe, but remember how the Rocky vs. Clubber match went?

Round 1: Rocky gave Clubber a taste of what's to come.
Round 2: Rocky starts to do the same but then takes a viscous beating by Clubber.
Round 3: Rocky continues to take a beating but then takes advantage of Clubber by mocking him, eventually wearing him down before giving Clubber a real beating and winning the match by knockout.

I can imagine Ayano's and Nagisa's match being something similar.

Game 1: Nagisa manages to win the first game even though it was close.
Game 2: Ayano furiously goes all out and easily wins game two.
Game 3: Nagisa lets Ayano take the lead, who's confidence starts to overflow, then takes advantage of it by unleashing her own attack, taking Ayano completely by surprise. She tries to fight back, but Nagisa is able to read her easily and relentlessly presses on. Ayano then starts to panic through the fear of losing and begins to stumble. This allows Nagisa to deliver the final blow and Ayano loses.

At least, that's what I'm hoping it will turn out to be.

nDroae said:
DirectorK said:
When I look at it now, I think the reason why Uchika left Ayano was not because Ayano lost, but because she herself lost. She felt like she had failed as Ayano's teacher(....)

"My student lost one game while suffering from a bad cold! I've failed!"

This show is irredeemably ridiculous.

In what way? Every character in this show has had their own problems and so far most of them have been able to deal with it. But none of them have the problem that Ayano has. Uchika is no different. And that's the point of their characters. We're seeing what happens when someone places something over something else that is far more important. Both of them are going to learn their lessons the hard way. What do you think the Rocky movies were all about?
DirectorKSep 16, 2018 6:48 PM
"I don't care how justified you think your reasons are. I won't tolerate liars or thieves."
"People who live by their emotions go nowhere in their lives. They only find misery.
"If you don't like the way your life is than do something about it instead of sitting there feeling sorry for yourself."
Sep 16, 2018 6:34 PM

Oct 2010
DirectorK said:
What do you think the Rocky movies were all about?

Most importantly, providing an experience which mass audiences could accept and enjoy on its own without having a Wise One explain and justify it to them.
Sep 16, 2018 6:53 PM

Jan 2015
Finally, this show did something right... Pitting Nagisa against Ayano. Because now, after so much time spent watching this show with no one to relate to or root for, I am left actively, aggressively, rooting for Nagisa to put Ayano in her place, by beating her bitchy little ass, in this final matchup!
~ sXeblues - Reviews on Youtube ~
Sep 16, 2018 6:59 PM

May 2016
nDroae said:
DirectorK said:
What do you think the Rocky movies were all about?

Most importantly, providing an experience which mass audiences could accept and enjoy on its own without having a Wise One explain and justify it to them.

Pfft! Are you serious? You really think that's what the Rocky movies are all about? Nothing but "enjoyable" entertainment to appeal to mass audiences who just want to be entertained? Clearly you don't aynthing about the Rocky movies.

This anime may not be perfect but it does have it's deeper meanings and it does have flawed yet very human characters. It's there, you just didn't take the time to look into it.
Sep 16, 2018 7:06 PM

Oct 2015
I know I fell for the Ayano bad guy act, but I hope Nagisa wins because I'm fed with Ayano's taunting to Nagisa.

It doesn't make sense why she's like that though, I think the writers are just looking for an excuse to make her a villain so that Nagisa's win could be justified.
How I learned to stop worrying and love the bomb --- Dr Strangelove

Sep 16, 2018 7:09 PM

Nov 2011
magical-penguin said:
SoraSenpai said:

May be meningless but some degree of respect is needed
What pissed me off from her behaviour this episode is that her commentaries are trying to provocate Nagisa (not very noble, but a legit strategy nonetheless) and then goes on to their match to complain about Nagisa strategy, please

See...I kinda disagree with the respect thing. It's an interesting subject since they are apart of the same club, but these two are not really friends, they're acquaintances pitted against each other. Like if the disrespect Ayano is delivering has an affect on the outlook of the school itself then yeah. But really what she is doing is somewhat natural.
Listen to my podcast

Follow my twitch.

Sep 16, 2018 7:28 PM
Jan 2018
So my theory is that Ayanos mom is gonna cheer for her the second round(she loses the first round) but she puts it off and says she doesn't need her. Then she wins the second game and it goes to the third round (i think its tie breaker at that point) its just a back and forth game and either Ayano wins and everyone goes to cheer Nagisa up and she realizes about what shes been doing or she losses and her mom cheers her up then they show us what Elena told Ayanos mom and she(Ayano) then realizes that badminton doesn't have to be all about winning. Finishes off with saying that Ayano and Nagisa have to play one more and just cuts as they start the game smiles on both faces. Would like to hear what you think.
Sep 16, 2018 7:55 PM

May 2015
This show is weird with how it gets all dramatic but fails to make me sympathise with the characters.
There's not much sports value here too.
Sep 16, 2018 7:56 PM

May 2017
CeddyyBearr said:
Leaving your child for such reason is just utter bullshit. But that's just me. I dislike Uchika a lot.

Really hyped for this match. Personally I hope Nagisa will win from Ayano, not that I hate Ayano but I just dislike her attitude.

Really curious what Elena will say to Uchika.

She'll say, make me your daughter too
Sep 16, 2018 7:56 PM
Jul 2018
SoraSenpai said:

Uh, you know badminton is not purely a solo sport, right? There's also doubles. Just because Ayano plays solo right now doesn't mean she has to be an asshole with everyone else. She's part of a club and a certain level of respect towards her seniors and other club mates is needed.

nDroae said:

I don't hate Ayano, but I am not entertained.

"I am not entertained" describes this show in general when the focus isn't on Nagisa.

My feelings exactly.
Sep 16, 2018 8:24 PM

Jan 2013
totally dragging Nagisa getting her win back and setting Ayano straight...

speaking of, hope Elena calls out the trash mom and set her straight too
Sep 16, 2018 8:34 PM

Jul 2017
The finals have begun, and I just wanna see Nagisa mop up the floor with Ayano.

I get what Ayano's mother tried to do, but it was so fucking retarded in logic. Might as well have never given birth to her since that makes more sense than abandoning a child to get better at a sport.

Overall, a pretty good buildup episode but honestly, Ayano and her mom have easily been the worst part of this entire series.
Sep 16, 2018 8:48 PM

Jan 2013
I can be wrong but it seemed that Uchika is acting like nothing happened, especially when she is smiling etc, she reminds me of Ayano with her "dead face".

I think i am more interesting about Elena's conversation with Uchika than about the game xD Can't wait for this moment!
Elena's conversation > Actual badminton game

I don't think that Ayano will lose this easily but i think that something will happen during the next episode that will allow her to win or to lose but not with a sense that she actually lost.
"There is no such thing as an Anime elitist. You watch Anime, therefore, you are trash by society's standards."

Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

» Does Uchika deserve any redemption?

MCA5EY - Dec 26, 2018

10 by _PEAK »»
Mar 17, 6:13 AM

Poll: » Hanebado! Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Aug 19, 2018

115 by Seabury »»
Aug 19, 2023 10:22 PM

Poll: » Hanebado! Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Sep 23, 2018

121 by Kaisoooo94 »»
May 26, 2023 7:53 AM

Poll: » Hanebado! Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Sep 30, 2018

209 by Destroyer31 »»
May 9, 2023 6:51 AM

Poll: » Hanebado! Episode 6 Discussion

Stark700 - Aug 8, 2018

38 by Ronninn »»
Dec 7, 2022 5:42 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.