Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
May 28, 2017 6:52 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Well, this episode got a bit creepy.
Interesting to see two new characters being introduced into this episode. (voiced by Shuu Uchida and Minami Takahashi)

I got a thrilling vibe from the episode just by the style from the first half. Some of the powers in their world really can be dangerous if not used properly. Those two new characters kinda scare me when they use their powers although it seems that Sana is immune to it.

Sana breaking their power was also an interesting sight to see. Attack of the giant santa XD
May 28, 2017 6:57 AM

Jan 2012
New characters! Hattori and Ayumi, with the former able to freeze and manipulate people like her parents. Those 2 are playing a dangerous game abusing such power. The unaffected Sana wasn't having any of their shit! Forget giant Santa, when you make Sana cry she deals with you with her fists! >:(
May 28, 2017 8:47 AM

Jun 2015
New characters appeared. Hatori has powers that can manipulate people. She ran away from home with her friend. Her powers can go in a large distance. Sana wasn't affected by it. She got very mad at Hatori. She even undo the magic. This is looking to be very interesting.
May 28, 2017 8:51 AM

Dec 2014
That was a surprising turn of events, thought we were going to a more SoL style but it seems I was mistaken.

Anyhow we got 2 new characters with one of them capable of manipulating people in a pretty huge area. Wonder what the range of her power is. Sana unaffected by Hattori's power decides to stand up the two new girls.

I'm guessing just like Sana is the Red Queen, Hattori is the Yellow queen? If so it might make sense why they're abilities were cancelling out I guess.

I'm fairly neutral towards the two new girls and I don't think Hattori is evil or anything considering she often feels guilty, it's probably more along the lines of her misusing her power to make her life easier.
May 28, 2017 9:17 AM
Sep 2012
This was a great idea, also shows there is a time that Ichijo would be better equipped to handle the situation than Sana, who just made things worse with her emotional out burst.

So introduced to two new characters Hattori and Ayumi who are probably going to be duel protagonists and antagonists of this arc, well Hattori at least, Ayumi might just be a protagonist. Interesting to see how they handle these characters. Minnie C was suppose to some what sympathetic character, and she ended up a very hated character, so let's see what they do here.

So if you use your people to make everyone a good person, that is good but also taking away their free will, which is kind of evil, so Hattoi is in a no win situation. She is a a young female Lelouch.

This episode in a way does give some credibility to the research facility and their believes. Someone with this power can't just go out freely without any supervision and guidance. I mean I am not saying Hattori should be locked up and put in a prison like they were doing, still a balance.

I wonder how strong Hattori is. she is at a stand still with Sana, which mean Ichijo is way stronger, but how about her and Minnie C, is she on that level at least?
blfanMay 28, 2017 9:23 AM
May 28, 2017 9:26 AM
Former AMQ God

Sep 2014
Nope, this is going to a straight bad end, i'm fearing.

The whole magic breaking, Sana forgetting stuff randomly.

Hattori got a power that is insane. She wasn't aware of what it could really cause in the beginning, she's getting it now though when she saw someone unaffected by it and how much pain she caused to that person.
May 28, 2017 9:30 AM

Dec 2013
I hope they finally reveal just how it is that certain individuals can come into these powers. For the special agent, it manifested during her nap. For the new girl, it happened when she was praying to god. Does this mean that these powers can be bestowed onto anybody? What are the criteria for attaining them?

This is all so confusing.

Oh and Sana was sooooooo damn cute this episode! I absolutely love her reaction to squishing the green stuff and when she started hitting the new girl with her fists. Adorable!
HESTIAAPPROVES
May 28, 2017 9:32 AM

Jan 2015
Whoa, someone that has same or maybe stronger power than queen Sana? And she bring a friend too. But I believe she didn't really mean any harm while using her power at the city. Still, are they gonna be friend or foe?
[url=http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Mascera&sclick=1]convert gambar online
May 28, 2017 9:58 AM

Jul 2014
holy SHIT such a great episode....got chills. felt so bad for Sana.... ;__;
seems a new foe has appeared....this is too fucking epic.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 28, 2017 11:14 AM

Oct 2012
Pretty interesting, I wasn't at all expecting Hatori's power to be on par with Sana's, makes you wonder what requirements have to be met to get the powers, and what determines the strength of your power. It may be something relating to the wish that caused their powers but I'd imagine Yonaga and Asahi would've had pretty strong wishes too, and they seem to have a lower caliber power since they were affected by Hatori's order.

I'm hoping to see Sana, Ayumi and Hatori get closer, especially Sana and Hatori.
"If I don't have to do it, I won't. If I have to do it, I'll make it quick."
- Oreki Houtarou
May 28, 2017 11:17 AM

Jul 2014
Interesting to see more power users, but the way their abilities just randomly dissipated - cancelling each other out? - definitely seems ominous and can only be bad news going forward, just like the stuff with Sana's memories last week.
May 28, 2017 11:21 AM
Feb 2017
blfan said:
This was a great idea, also shows there is a time that Ichijo would be better equipped to handle the situation than Sana, who just made things worse with her emotional out burst.

So introduced to two new characters Hattori and Ayumi who are probably going to be duel protagonists and antagonists of this arc, well Hattori at least, Ayumi might just be a protagonist. Interesting to see how they handle these characters. Minnie C was suppose to some what sympathetic character, and she ended up a very hated character, so let's see what they do here.

So if you use your people to make everyone a good person, that is good but also taking away their free will, which is kind of evil, so Hattoi is in a no win situation. She is a a young female Lelouch.

This episode in a way does give some credibility to the research facility and their believes. Someone with this power can't just go out freely without any supervision and guidance. I mean I am not saying Hattori should be locked up and put in a prison like they were doing, still a balance.

I wonder how strong Hattori is. she is at a stand still with Sana, which mean Ichijo is way stronger, but how about her and Minnie C, is she on that level at least?

So basically how it goes is: Sana is the most powerful, as in she can do everything you could ever imagine, but has no knowledge of how or intention to use her power for good or evil. She just uses i for fun.
May 28, 2017 11:43 AM

Aug 2013
blfan said:

I don't think we should look at who is "stronger" as each of them have different magic. Some of them's magic is more suitable for combat such as Ichijo's. And then there is Hattori that could control and manipulate anyone except Alice. The most powerful is obviously Alice since she could basically do anything imaginable while immune to magic like Hattori's.
May 28, 2017 12:53 PM

Sep 2013
Hattori with the uncaring sad parents which makes the whole family fall apart :'(
Ayumi her friend comes with her after she gets an op power.
Alice was too angry and doesn't fit with everything we've seen, she suddenly tried to kill them instead of talking? wut.
May 28, 2017 1:34 PM
Jun 2013
Gotta wonder about Hattori's power. First she started by speaking her mind, causing ppl to act how she was hoping. Then she switched to commands, stop, walk, etc. Her command power makes ppl vulnerable to others' suggestions as well ("Say something!" "Something" lol), so I wonder what happens if you leave your tv on.... Is it a global power? Does time freeze, or just the ppl she commands? Not rly expecting answers here as the show's focus is on the characters and not their powers. Hattori seems to have a lot more stamina than Sana, as she froze the whole town (I hope nobody was driving) and "fought" Sana, but only Sana collapsed from exhaustion. Maybe shokanjuu Santa costs a lot of mana.

The fairy tale rhyme was pretty good, right? I can't understand it without subs but I heard end-rhyme every other line or something. Looking forward to seeing how the dub pulls this off.
Anime exists
all is well
May 28, 2017 3:14 PM

May 2015
The power to control people like that is quite scary, especially if they turn into zombies like that, lol.

Decent episode.

May 28, 2017 4:27 PM

Oct 2013
Good episode, but now we must be patient to find out what happens next week.

This brings us back to the "is Sana human question." Hattori is presumably human with human parents, at least as far as we can tell, the twins had a human father so we can gather they likely had a human mom, so why would Sana not be human?
May 28, 2017 4:58 PM

Dec 2016
So now we know who the witch is.

I thought it was actually going to be an evil scary woman who would be a new enemy but luckily it just some kids.

Those 2 will be a handful though, they are pretty powerful.
May 28, 2017 5:50 PM

Oct 2016
Good episode, I was worried this show was becoming too slice-of-life-y.
May 28, 2017 6:09 PM
Feb 2013
blfan said:

Given that Sana's power is basically the ability to do anything she can imagine, she is absolutely the most powerful. Her limitations right now come from being a child and not really knowing what she's doing or how to fight people. If she were an adult and had trained herself in the most effective uses of her power like Ichijo, she'd be pretty much unbeatable.
May 28, 2017 6:27 PM

Apr 2017
wth xD I was like am I watching the right anime? xDD it was the new characters intro afterall

and I think that girl will become a villain to Sana
May 28, 2017 8:54 PM

Jan 2013
That took a strange turn introducing new characters like that.
May 28, 2017 9:11 PM

Dec 2012
Nice episode.
Hattori's ability to stop & control people is scary.

Poor Sana seeing Zouroko & everyone not moving must've been scary.
She got furious at Hattori & Ayu. Seems like their powers cancel each other out.

"I’ve set myself to become the King of the Pirates…and if I die trying…then at least I tried!" Monkey D. Luffy (One Piece)

May 28, 2017 10:24 PM

Jun 2010
Gosh Sana is just one of the most annoying characters I think I might have ever seen in an Anime. Her inability to work things out in a logical fashion in just completely infuriating, and the times when it seems like she can think through things and when she loses that ability are just completely arbitrary.

These two girls are explaining their situation, and very clearly tell you they can't control their power, and your response is to go full idiot on them?! REALLY?! You know people that could help them.
May 28, 2017 10:48 PM
Oct 2015
well seems like arc 2 has begun and to be honest cant really say im liking the new characters. hatori is gonna get some serious discipline from zoroku.
May 29, 2017 12:52 AM

Mar 2016
Very strange change to the plot and it opens up a bunch of unexplained plot points but I enjoyed the story of the new characters and I'm interested to see what type of direction they take this new plot. It feels a little late in the anime to be changing up the story but maybe they will connect it somehow to the first portion of the anime.
I shall rule over the realms of anime and manga! Mwahhahahahaha!!!
May 29, 2017 5:42 AM

Oct 2015
I'm not liking these new elementary schooler characters -,-
May 29, 2017 12:50 PM

Mar 2016
i love this new concept, i'm excited to see what else happens!! i wonder why the twins were affected by hatori's magic, but not sana?
May 29, 2017 6:53 PM

Jun 2015
What I love in this anime is that it can easily change its atmosphere. This episode is darker than those previous ones.
May 29, 2017 7:11 PM

Sep 2014
This was a really interesting episode. I would've been fine if it stayed focused on SOL stuff but this is good as well.

I liked how Ha-chan acknowledge that she was in the wrong for making Sana feel confused/scared.
May 30, 2017 12:45 AM

Jul 2015
The anime was getting boring but this new stuff are kind interesting, so that's good.
May 30, 2017 6:23 AM

Apr 2012
interesting, we got a new chara who may or may not be built up to be a final boss chara. Definitely can't wait to see Sana and hatori clash again.
"Fortress Maximus has come himself. Okay! Then I shall get Fortress Maximus to fight me, huh huh huh!"

May 30, 2017 10:18 AM

Mar 2009
The road to hell is paved with good intentions, as they say...
Felt bad for Hattori's situation and her family life. I'm curious to see if she'll end up going down a darker route here. Either way, she's an interesting character and a good addition to the cast.
May 31, 2017 12:31 AM

May 2017
Very OP ability and a scary one

Why does they cancel each other tho? Isn't Sana supposed to be a QUEEN, this new girl is a mere human
May 31, 2017 2:02 AM
Dec 2016
I'm really glad there was action in this episode.
Also i'm not a big fan of Yuri but who ships the two new characters?
May 31, 2017 12:02 PM

Apr 2014
Well this was stupid.
May 31, 2017 12:40 PM

Aug 2015
You go Sana, show her who's boss :D Interesting with new characters.
It's only a passing thing, this shadow. Even darkness must pass. A new day will come. And when the sun shines it will shine out the clearer.
May 31, 2017 7:47 PM

Jan 2014
Ay, there's a trans character. I'm hyped.

JotakakMay 31, 2017 8:10 PM
Jun 2, 2017 11:48 PM

Aug 2016
Madoka PTSD for the first half hahaha

Sana is so cute but also a bit out of control this episode showing her childish demeanor in acting rashly. Their power breaking really gives me bad vibes too.

"... Because when you live in this world of my closed eyes...
... Being alone is very lonely..."

Jun 4, 2017 6:00 AM

Jul 2009
New girls! They started to use it to have fun, such a shame, but they are kids, so...
and what's wrong with Sana's and the girl powers?
Jun 4, 2017 5:05 PM

Dec 2009
Oh wow, this new plot arc is cool. I was wondering what they were doing with this girl, i thought maybe she was from the past or something, but then bam she's just a new power-user.

I was pretty damn hyped when they ran into Sana... If only Sana wasn't basically anemic and with asthma, she'd have spanked those 2 good.

Powerful and hubristic magic-user thinks they're almighty, then they run into someone who's god-tier, and they don't even know it, ooooh it's so good!
❀桜舞う空〜                   Cute is Power.           🔗CosmoGenesis Project
“You cannot know what you do not know.”
“Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.”
“A truth seeker has no patience for BS.”

I seek only to improve myself and others.
Jun 6, 2017 7:45 PM

Dec 2014
well a new subset story I was not expecting that...nice
Jun 7, 2017 6:18 AM

Dec 2015
This was as retarded as the rest of the episodes.
"At some point, I stopped hoping."
Jun 9, 2017 11:00 PM

Oct 2008
why did they suddenly introduced two new loli characters!?
and why is their powers rejecting and breaking when used to somehow clash with each other?!?
4/5.

Jun 26, 2017 9:17 AM

Apr 2011
The girl abused her powers and now she's turn into an 'evil' witch. It can't be help given her situation. Such immature kids given a powerful magic is a recipe for disaster.

It was hard for me to watch, Sana going crazy, using her and the other girl's powers in front of live people which should be confidential.

seems like the relaxing SoL part is over.
Jul 8, 2017 2:29 PM

Oct 2012
What an interesting story, it was kinda interesting to introduce those two new characters. Nice drama too, a lot better than the one in the first half of this series.

It seems now she actually has something to fight for. So is Alice some kind of god who bestows those powers onto other girls?
Jul 13, 2017 1:49 PM

May 2012
Some new characters and awesome progression with this unbelievable good pacing! Let's see what's next though!
Jul 25, 2017 10:02 AM

Jan 2014
I wonder why their power clash when they activate it. I thought Sana powers far more godlike since she can create anything, compared to Hatori power that's just for freeze people.
Apr 1, 2021 9:17 AM

Feb 2020
That was a surprising turn of events. The new characters were pretty interesting and that new magical power was creepy as hell.
May 20, 2022 9:37 PM

Jul 2021
Heh, how can this power suddenly break when she's legit a lot superior with it? But anyways though nice introduction to the characters that we will probably learn later on
"......If I told you that I was a real witch, would you believe it?"

Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Alice to Zouroku Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jun 25, 2017

114 by ImNotAnOtaku1 »»
Dec 21, 2023 11:02 PM

Poll: » Alice to Zouroku Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - May 14, 2017

60 by ImNotAnOtaku1 »»
Dec 20, 2023 10:42 PM

Poll: » Alice to Zouroku Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Apr 2, 2017

203 by ImNotAnOtaku1 »»
Dec 19, 2023 10:32 PM

» Deserves a second season.

Botan-Chan45 - May 3, 2018

2 by Hofner1962 »»
Aug 31, 2023 10:11 PM

Poll: » Alice to Zouroku Episode 11 Discussion

Stark700 - Jun 18, 2017

37 by CQLLIST »»
May 20, 2022 9:40 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.