Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Jun 25, 2017 6:52 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Ah, the finale episode of the series/arc.

I still like how Wonderland pours all a lot of unorthodox creativity. The rabbit, giant cupcakes, etc had my eyes glued to the episode. Only part that still distracting was the 3D/CGI (hello bento box) The mystique of the show is also pretty evident still from the real world.

Didn't feel so much like a finale though as it's still pretty atmospheric. Still, I thought this was an overall good show. Easily recommendable. Lol, poor Shizuku
Jun 25, 2017 6:57 AM

Jan 2012
That bunny trolled Sana and Hattori big time, but playing possum and calling in Ayu won the day. :D Glad everyone managed to get home from Wonderland in particularly cute fashion. Sanae and Zouroku continually running into giant food following piggy in particular. Good scooter skills Zouroku! Never underestimate old man scolding powers. :D Mom hugging Hattori was admittedly touching too. I'm a sucker for such things. :D That Alice announcement did surprise me though. But with an adorable Sana backpack present/starting school with Ayu and Hattori ending it was certainly very feel good. :)

Going in I wasn't sure what to expect outta this one. The premise coulda want in several directions. Overall I'd say this was an odd and interesting series that was pretty much 2 story arcs surrounded by fluff. Odd in that I think the first arc and its climax seemed darker and more...eventful maybe? I'm not sure that's how to describe it. Like...going from a bigger conflict with Mini C. to a smaller one with Hattori. I guess that's not true in a purely scale, sheer size sense though. A collapsing Wonderland is bigger than a cargo boat afterall. It's just that that boat battle definitely felt like the series' peak in regards to action. And I never really felt worried for Sana's safety in the second arc to the same extent as when that bitch Mini C. had her and shot her in the first. So it almost felt to me like the arcs should have been swapped regarding their placement. But I dunno that it matters much as those fluff scenes/episodes I mentioned earlier were easily the best part of this anyway. Sana and Sanae with the pigs, giant pancakes, the twins sleepover, Zouroku carrying Sana home after she got lost, the adoption scene, that was where this series really shined. The main characters were mostly enjoyable, Zouroku/Sana/Sanae especially. The girls all had that Hidamari Sketch appearance...which was fine. :D I do wonder where the story could go from here if it continued, but I dunno. Solid 7/10.
Jun 25, 2017 8:40 AM

Dec 2015
I guess i was expecting something else when i see the cover of the adult sana when the anime is announced
I think it was a decent show
I really like the adult sana , seem so calming
Jun 25, 2017 9:14 AM

Dec 2014
Nice finale to the show. All's well that ends well is what I'd say in order to describe this episode and finale.

I liked how that bunny lead the girls on a wild goose chase, that was kinda amusing.
Zoroku OP, nerf please. XD

Hattori reunites with her parents and the government surprisingly decided to go public with the whole Dreams of Alice thing.

The show ended with a small monologue from what an older Sana, I'm not sure if that signifies complete closure or a chance that we might have more story with an older Sana.

Overall, I thought this show was gonna be a pure SoL but it did have a fair amount of Action and Drama. The SoL portions of the show were definitely the best and the most adorable parts but the action/drama segments were also good. In a way, you could say that the serious portions are what made the SoL portions really good. Characters were really likable and as a whole the show was quite fun to watch. Special mention to the design for Wonderland which was great.

7/10
Jun 25, 2017 9:21 AM

Jun 2015
What a nice happy finale. The bunny teasing the girls was amusing. Zouroku gave it a good talk. I'm glad they made it out of Wonderland. It's not expanding anymore. Hatori reuniting with her family was heartwarming. The government made a statement about Dream of Alice to the public. It's not a secret anymore. Overall, this was a good show. I liked it.
Jun 25, 2017 9:22 AM

Oct 2012
Good show. Must say though that my favorite episodes were the slice of life ones. Sana was so cute, curious and frazzled and I loved her interactions with Zouroku. Such great characters.
Jun 25, 2017 9:24 AM

Jul 2014
Nice final episode and a nice ending to this arc, but I do feel in general terms that the show kinda petered out a little with this last arc, but it was still entertaining enough, even if it didn't quite live up to its initial promise at times.

7/10
Jun 25, 2017 9:26 AM

Jul 2013
So, Zoroku indeed ending scolding Wonderland. What a man.
The narrator of the previous episodes was indeed adult Sana, isn't?
Jun 25, 2017 9:33 AM
⚧ | 愛と平和

Oct 2010
Is anybody else bothered by the fact that Ayu-chan is treated as a female by the translator? (At least in the sub that I watched that's how it's been.)

I wasn't quite sure what to expect with this series, but it wasn't quite this. The first episode seemed promising, but after Sana was rescued from Minnie C, it just kinda turned into something more mundane.
✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣
“The right to think is the beginning of freedom, and speech must be protected
from the government because speech is the beginning of thought.”
  — Ashcroft v.Free Speech Coalition,
✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣
Jun 25, 2017 9:37 AM

Oct 2016
omg. this is the best episode for me.
love how it was anti-climatic XD

it just shows that theres no such thing as final epic battle in life.

kyoudai said:
Is anybody else bothered by the fact that Ayu-chan is treated as a female by the translator? (At least in the sub that I watched that's how it's been.)

she's a tomboy, right
Jun 25, 2017 9:49 AM

Feb 2016
Anyone else notice when adult sana had flowers she was in a graveyard like field );
Jun 25, 2017 10:02 AM
⚧ | 愛と平和

Oct 2010
Lithianic said:
kyoudai said:

she's a tomboy, right
Using "boku" and dressing in a male uniform could be tomboyish, however Ayumu is a boy's name. (Female form is usually Ayumi.) Then again, Hattori is also a male name, so maybe you're right...
Jun 25, 2017 10:02 AM

Oct 2013
govichan said:
Anyone else notice when adult sana had flowers she was in a graveyard like field );

...damn

Overall it was a wierd show, mixing lighthearted SoL with heavy themes, too bad the more mature stuff took a dive in the finale (I expected a bittersweet ending).

7/10
Jun 25, 2017 10:04 AM
The Komori

Mar 2013
Okay finale, but I wish that we could have gotten to see more from that future version of Sana
Jun 25, 2017 10:05 AM

Mar 2016
BEST ANIME OF THE SEASON

idk why but this last episode got me rly emotional but it was a rly good ending and i'm pleased, i do hope there's a season 2 in the works tho
Jun 25, 2017 10:10 AM

Apr 2015
The ending with adult Sana was pretty emotional. Thanking Zoroku and holding those flowers, probably means that Zoroku has passed away and Sana took over the flower shop.
Jun 25, 2017 10:12 AM
Nov 2015
Decent show.

I see that the manga is still publishing, so I guess this was an anime original ending?
Jun 25, 2017 10:21 AM

Sep 2013
The rabbit was the key and they finally get back together and zoroku puts wonderland in it's place XD
Alice grown up in the end telling her stories and zoroku dead :'( 8/10
Jun 25, 2017 10:21 AM

Dec 2009
kyoudai said:
Lithianic said:

she's a tomboy, right
Using "boku" and dressing in a male uniform could be tomboyish, however Ayumu is a boy's name. (Female form is usually Ayumi.) Then again, Hattori is also a male name, so maybe you're right...

It's clearly said in the special episode that Ayumu is a girl. (However even Zouroku's voice actor was surprised when it was mentionned, so you're not the only one).
Jun 25, 2017 10:26 AM

Oct 2013
govichan said:

Well it seem pretty obvious she visited Zoroku grave
Jun 25, 2017 10:29 AM

Dec 2014
meh it an okay ending ...want more alice and zouraku
Jun 25, 2017 10:30 AM

Aug 2013
So many great series in this season yet people are still making 'end of anime' threads.
So beautiful, awesome characters (Zouroku grandpa of the year) soundtrack, art (besides QUALITY scenes) and direction. 9/10.
I will check the manga, definitely.

Stark700 said:
Only part that still distracting was the 3D/CGI (hello bento box)

I'm a 3DCG nazi, but I didn't see it, it blended nicely with the rest imo. That car in the beginning was much more distracting :)
rsc-plJun 25, 2017 10:39 AM
Dub = fake crap. Always.
Jun 25, 2017 10:40 AM
Former AMQ God

Sep 2014
That smells like an anime original ending. Was it one, can manga readers come out of the closet and tell me? ^

I liked the finale, very happy ending for the kids. Really, really grew to like Hatori in the last two episodes.

TALK NO JUTSU strikes again! Zouroku 10/10 madman.

7/10 for this series.
Jun 25, 2017 10:40 AM
Dec 2016
I really loved the soundtracks at the end of this episode
If anyone knows them i'd really appreciate knowing ^^
Thanks!
Jun 25, 2017 10:41 AM
Review Moderator
Jan 2017
Good episode and the story wss good and refreshing

Jun 25, 2017 11:02 AM

Jun 2012
That was absolutely beautiful. Loved every moment of it. The only thing is that they kinda skimmed over why these people have superpowers to begin with, but I can live with that. A really unique show.
Jun 25, 2017 11:07 AM

Oct 2010
That final :'( Noooo why do you do this to meee :'( that end is like permanent ending... And this have a lot of potential... Damn :'( whyyyyyyy
Pd: I really like the OP and ending theme songs heart. The ost was fine :)
PD2: why :'(
Pd3: so beautiful Grow up Alice ♥ :')
Jun 25, 2017 11:08 AM

Aug 2016
I actually speculated if this show would be my one of my favorites of the season and as I expected it turned out to be true! I loved it very much and it was super adorable ^^ I feel very satisfied with it so I don't feel like I need any more of it either. The op and ed were both fantastic as well and I'll definitely remember them. In my opinion, a great show indeed !!
Jun 25, 2017 11:20 AM
Feb 2017
Now in the end we see Sana as a grown-up, holding a bouquet of flowers signifying that Zoroku is dead and that she took over the flower-shop. Hopefully she lives a happy yuri life with Sanae since they are not related by blood. Also her voice as an adult is really calm and soothing, i really like it. Same could be said about Ichijo and her kouhai. Hopefully they lead a happy yrui life too.
Jun 25, 2017 11:56 AM
Sep 2012
Dam what a way to end the series. So I guess the last scenes did not happen as it still ongoing.

So it ends with grownup Sana and Zouroko is dead. Well that is sad, but still we knew he wasn't going to live that long. But it is going to be okay, Sana learned a lot and is a mature adult.
Jun 25, 2017 12:06 PM

Oct 2010
I wasn't 100% on Zouroku being dead. It makes sense....but Japanese people can also live pretty long and they DO work a flower shop so her holding a bunch of flowers for no real reason isn't out of the question. But yeah...most likely he dead. That said, I really liked the last scene. Was a nice touch to show "Adult" Sana. Looks like she turned out okay. At the same time, it makes me a little sad. Pretty much kills all hope I had for a S2. I want to see her grow up. Does the manga show more of what happens? Everywhere I look says "on going" so I assume the answer is yes.
KougeruJun 25, 2017 12:09 PM
Jun 25, 2017 12:17 PM

Jan 2015
Aaww the rabbit can help connect to the outside since it can transmit signal for the phone. But that surely really help Hatori for finally talk with Ayumu and finally find her. Plus the timing is just a few minutes late for Sanae and Zoroku to find Sana.
I really hope the twins will join Sana too. :(
[url=http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Mascera&sclick=1]convert gambar online
Jun 25, 2017 12:50 PM

Oct 2013
I liked this series. A solid 8/10 for me.
Jun 25, 2017 1:04 PM

Apr 2011
What a beautiful ending, loved it! :-)
Jun 25, 2017 1:33 PM

Dec 2008
I enjoyed this anime, ending was nice to watch as well. It reminded me, especially the last ep, with Wodenrland as a being semi-sentient "world", Stanislaw's Lem Solaris (with exception for Sana being in a way a tool for Wonderland to experience/observe the outside world).
Jun 25, 2017 1:36 PM

Nov 2014
Solid 7 all the way through this series but that last episode with it's cutsey feel good moments and humanity bumped it to an 8 for me.

Tim Burton should watch this, realise he is still a hack and go do something else for a living.
Jun 25, 2017 1:36 PM
⚧ | 愛と平和

Oct 2010
Sith_Vicious said:
kyoudai said:

It's clearly said in the special episode that Ayumu is a girl. (However even Zouroku's voice actor was surprised when it was mentionned, so you're not the only one).
Ah, thanks for the info. Which special episode was that? Apparently I didn't see it. I can't seem to find anything except eps 1-12.
Jun 25, 2017 1:54 PM
Mar 2015
It was an ending that brought a tear to your eyes Funny watching Zokorou tell off wonderland
Jun 25, 2017 2:33 PM

Jan 2017
Nice finale for such an extraordinary Anime. Zouroku gave Wonderland a good talk, Hattori was reunited with her parents, and society seems to start getting along with the "Dreams of Alice".

This Anime had lots of great things to it (not stopping at Zouroku's amazing character). But what really stuck out for me was the many facettes of the story which were contrasting but never felt out of place. For once, we had the fight of the supporters of equal and inclusive treatment of the "dreams of Alice". But instead of completely turning this into a copy of Elfen Lied, it was sensibly woven into the plot of Sana's life yourney and of the small tales of the people around her.

What I hoped for was a little more focus on Sanae, because she's so adorable, but well, you can't get everything.
Jun 25, 2017 2:35 PM

Jul 2012
Smudy said:
That smells like an anime original ending. Was it one, can manga readers come out of the closet and tell me? ^

I liked the finale, very happy ending for the kids. Really, really grew to like Hatori in the last two episodes.

TALK NO JUTSU strikes again! Zouroku 10/10 madman.

7/10 for this series.

Yup. Anime original. The manga is ongoing with several volumes past the point Sana started going to school with Hatori and Ayumu.
Jun 25, 2017 2:36 PM
Hot Stuff

Mar 2012
I seems to me that there is plenty of opportunity for another season of this show. I hope there is. :-)
Jun 25, 2017 2:53 PM

Sep 2014
kyoudai said:
Sith_Vicious said:

Ah, thanks for the info. Which special episode was that? Apparently I didn't see it. I can't seem to find anything except eps 1-12.

The special aired in may 14th I think, it had an entry here, but it was deleted (don't ask why tho). Basically it was just zoroku seyuu and alice seyuu discussing about the show.

The forum discussion is still here btw
SpaceMarsouinJun 25, 2017 2:57 PM
+Lunai+

Jun 25, 2017 3:10 PM

Sep 2013
4/5

Good finale. It felt a little underwhelming that it's all over but it was a good story regardless. This series was much better than I expected and it had a lot of good slice of life episodes. I thought it was going to be more dark after what that crazy woman who shot Sana did but it never passed that point afterwards.

Adult Sana is cute! It was a nice way to end the series with her finally going to school and then showing a matured Sana holding flowers. I find it hilarious when they first met in Episode 4 that Sana practically called her future self flat chested.

7/10- This series was fun. I liked all the characters a lot and the story of Sana is fairly entertaining. I wish there was more of Ichijo though, she's pretty cool and I hope there's a spin-off of her somewhere down the line.
TehSnawnJun 25, 2017 3:15 PM

Jun 25, 2017 3:41 PM

Jan 2011
Sweet post credit ending. Show itself fell off the second half pretty hard but the point trying to be made was a good one. Really enjoyed the first half. It was all and all solid and a little different from the norm.
Jun 25, 2017 4:31 PM

Sep 2011
This series felt like a setup to something way more interesting. As it is this series was really underwhelming and rather boring. I would be way more interested in seeing the antics of the older version of Sana.
Jun 25, 2017 4:51 PM

Feb 2016
hentailuvr42069 said:
BEST ANIME OF THE SEASON

I wouldn't call Best anime of the season something that left unfinished a huge plothole out of convenience after the first arc, yet it was a good ride
"We could make the world better, but it's easier to just shut our eyes."
~Blackwall
Jun 25, 2017 4:53 PM

Feb 2016
so are you going to tell me that the whole evil organization dismantled out of nothing just because they lose once time trying to capture Sana? well that leaves a huge plothole, or atleast material for a second season

7/10
"We could make the world better, but it's easier to just shut our eyes."
~Blackwall
Jun 25, 2017 5:12 PM
Jul 2018
Well that was quite a underwhelming way to conclude the series... Zouroku just had to shout to the heavens and threat a small rabbit to everything be hunky dory again...

But anyway, overall i still dont know how to feel about the series as a whole. There are defenetly some good drama and SoL moments but thats about it. There is really not much of a real focus in terms of story and the two arcs ended in a quite anticlimactic manner leaving more questions than actual answers. Hopefully a second season is announced to clarify some stuff.
Jun 25, 2017 6:08 PM
Sep 2016
That ending with adult Sana got me ;-; 9/10

Jun 25, 2017 6:11 PM
Aug 2012
I'm going to miss this show, it was really fun! The last scene tho... made me think Zouroku died T_T
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Alice to Zouroku Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - May 14, 2017

60 by ImNotAnOtaku1 »»
Dec 20, 2023 10:42 PM

Poll: » Alice to Zouroku Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Apr 2, 2017

203 by ImNotAnOtaku1 »»
Dec 19, 2023 10:32 PM

» Deserves a second season.

Botan-Chan45 - May 3, 2018

2 by Hofner1962 »»
Aug 31, 2023 10:11 PM

Poll: » Alice to Zouroku Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - May 28, 2017

50 by cat_of_hell »»
Oct 8, 2022 11:05 AM

Poll: » Alice to Zouroku Episode 11 Discussion

Stark700 - Jun 18, 2017

37 by CQLLIST »»
May 20, 2022 9:40 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.