Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Fuuka
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Mar 17, 2017 6:52 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Oh boy, Tama confessed but also pushes herself to Yuu. Not that should be surprising since she showed so many hints that she likes him. I find the confession to be kinda awkward tbh although it seems to be honest coming from her.

Episode felt more like a follow up from the previous one. I expect some big music performance soon, perhaps for the finale.

Mar 17, 2017 7:19 AM
Review Moderator
Jan 2017
Well the confession took time for Koyuki. The best part of the episode was seeing Suzuka

To be honest, the episode was a fill. They are trying to force the drama and the story. Yuu tried to continue with the band in a similar way as the manga, but in a forced way because the impact of losing Fuuka in the adaptation isn't the same as the manga. That impact was the motivation for Yuu.

Mod Edit: Added spoiler tag.
BrandonMar 18, 2017 2:34 AM

Mar 17, 2017 8:33 AM
The Komori

Mar 2013
Yeah, I'm done with this anime now....I knew they were going to do this forced bullshit

I didn't have a problem with Fuuka until they ruined her character at the end of the last episode and this episode solidified why I don't like her anymore
Mar 17, 2017 8:38 AM
*hug noises*

May 2013
Good job making this original development as predictable as humanly possible. Like come on now...

I like how they all first left the band and then rejoined it again within the span of 10 minutes btw. Great pacing there
Mar 17, 2017 8:49 AM

Jul 2012
That was totally unexpected Funny how they added some new stuff in the middle and in the end it went back to original story (with the difference which is the point of the adaptation, probably). Nice to see Suzuka, but those were completely different circumstamces.
I think there were quite a lot of Sara's fanservice scenes in manga and they decided to add one in the end, it was pretty random, but well why not =/
Mar 17, 2017 8:58 AM

Jun 2015
This episode was painful to watch. Tama forcing herself on Yuu was stupid. At least he had the decency to say no. Now everyone is back together again, except for Fuuka. She still doesn't want to join back.
Mar 17, 2017 9:12 AM

Dec 2014
The music aspect of the show is nice but the romance part of this show sucks. Worst thing is, because of this crappy romance the music part of the show gets affected with this annoying forced drama.

Everyone breaking up because of Fuuka was expected and honestly she isn't really the type of person who'd abandon her friends like this over love drama. Plus her actions throughout this whole episode feel off since she was always a straightforward character and showing her running away from everything just doesn't feel like something she'd do. It is understandable that she's struggling with her issues, but I guess I just don't like the way she's handling them is portrayed.

To be honest, I can at least overlook Fuuka's actions to some extent, what I really didn't like was Yuu rejecting Tama-chan. How did he even do that and on what basis? To this point, Yuu has never even shown any romantic interest in Fuuka. He always saw her as a friend and a member of the band and all of sudden because she leaves, he automatically has feelings for her? There was like no buildup towards this, I would've understood if Yuu said that he would answer Koyuki after this whole band incident is over or at least saying he didn't see her in a romantic light but just flat out rejecting her over some sudden romantic attraction towards Fuuka just doesn't feel right especially since they had such a nice relationship. Koyuki crying was so sad. :( I do admit that Koyuki forcing herself on Yuu was a bit off character for her as well.

The only part I liked about the episode was Yuu writing the song and all the members meeting at the restaurant and playing again.
At this point, I guess we all know how it's gonna end. Nevertheless, might as well see what they do in this last episode.

Suzuka cameo at the end was kinda nice, I don't remember her being this nice though. XD
Lelouch0202Mar 17, 2017 11:17 AM
Mar 17, 2017 9:22 AM

May 2015
uuggh, OK, I finished the episode, but what was this? Seriously.... I mean, we knew it was coming since Yuu's mom said "Looks like the childhood friend won for once" but still, this was terrible execution and portrayal.

If they were going to play it original, they should have just kept with the two childhood friends playing together and Fuuka looking at them on stage in despair, but nope, we get the standard and tropey, "Lets make sure the childhood friend gets screwed" ending.... uuggh.
Mar 17, 2017 9:27 AM

Feb 2017
This episode with the last one really dropped the ball, I have dropped the rating from an 8 to a 6. Honestly, that was not a band break up, it was more of an attitude of egos getting back together a day after, and tama basically forcing the guy to have sex with her is ridiculous with her knowing that he like fuuka instead;makes no sense. I'll see the anime through, but if it keeps this crap up, I'll lower the score to a 4.

Mar 17, 2017 9:52 AM

Mar 2016
Ughh. What a train wreck. Yuu and Koyoki's breakup was such an asspull. What the fuck. Not even pissed because my ship sunk. I just don't get why they even broke up wtf. They clearly liked each other right? Yuu never showed any interest in Fuuka romantically. Koyoki forcing herself on Yuu was stupid as well. I'm sorry, I don't think refusing her when she does something that is so out of her character would actually mean he likes Fuuka more xD Everything felt forced. Can't wait to be done with this show :|

Suzuka's appearance was probably the only good part about this episode lel.
RyunuosukeMar 17, 2017 9:56 AM

Mar 17, 2017 10:02 AM

Feb 2016
THATS WHAT YOU GET FOR BEING SUCH A BITCH KOYUKI!, seriously, how can people like her? she's just an Attention whore who almost ruined this anime, she was going to take advantage of Yuu like that, how Bitch can she be?

tho this doesn't fix the trainwreck this series has been (looks like they finally remembered the first 4 episodes focused on Akitsuki) Yuu seriously had the guts to reject her... well done, now time to make Akitsuki finds her north again and finish with the trainwreck this series had been
"We could make the world better, but it's easier to just shut our eyes."
~Blackwall
Mar 17, 2017 10:08 AM

Nov 2011
How is Koyuki a bitch? She hasn't done anything wrong, unless you consider being in Love with someone for years "Wrong" then yeah she's a bitch. She made Yuu realize who he loved, Koyuki is awesome. Much better then that Dump Fuuka who

I mean they made this entire episode as if Truck-kun did his job! I was seriously laughing the entire time.

The amount of Fan Service was HEAVY in this episode, but since it was Sara, Koyuki, and Glasses onee-san I did not give a flip.

Suzuka looks great still! They even gave her some service with that Ass shot lol.
Listen to my podcast
https://anchor.fm/waifusandweeaboos

Follow my twitch.
https://www.twitch.tv/sorasensei1

Summer 2024 Waifus on Profile

"You can have multiple Waifus" -me

Mar 17, 2017 10:19 AM
Mar 2015
It is interesting the way they adapted the anime from the manga in this episode The rejection of Tama in the anime comes after Fuuka left rather than what followed inthe manga The reforming of the band is straight of Yuu's post Fuuka recovery in the manga
Mar 17, 2017 10:30 AM

Jul 2014
Arghhhh!!!!!!!!!

F*ck this show!
Mar 17, 2017 10:47 AM

Aug 2013
I'm not sure who to be mad at: the production company for adapting this show and selling it the way they did or the writer of the original series for pushing out such a half-baked work. Probably the former since manga-readers will argue that the manga does a better job of selling the characters and the plot. But seriously, the romance aspect of this show is completely trash, the pacing is everywhere, and the story is just pretty much non-existent. If this show's job was to make me hate the title character then congrats on that because seriously, I despise her very existence to the core. Like how does she go from being so indifferent and care-free to suddenly having a dream with music and dragging everyone else along until she decides to drop them like a bad anime? Oh wait...Anywho yeah. And another thing, none of these characters have a genuine love or passion for music, they just go through the motions. All in all, one more episode then rate this at the rating it truly deserves.
Don't believe the hype.
Mar 17, 2017 11:03 AM
Aug 2016
Like all, i'm pratically done with Fuuka as anime. This episode was total trash, from start to end. The part when Tama-chan says she realized that Yuu has feelings for Fuuka and she get rejected (when he expressed something just in the episode when he Fuuka and Mikasa were working in the beach, and when 2 episodes ago they looked like a perfect couple) has pissed me off. Ok, you're going different from manga but this is just incoerent.
People who are "happy" that Fuuka didn't die just didn't realize how her death meant to her friends and expecially for Yuu. It's just...another story now, not even can be called Fuuka anymore.

I honestly don't know what the animator pretended for this show, really.
Mar 17, 2017 11:07 AM
Mar 2015
Tama never stood a chance. Yuu loved her as a child but now she is just a friend. That is hy she gets rejected both in the anime and manga It is Fuuka that he loved in the anime and the manga.
Mar 17, 2017 11:24 AM
Oct 2010
This was pretty bad, at least let them change their minds before deciding to move on with other things....
Mar 17, 2017 11:56 AM

Sep 2011
So we still get the worst girl despite original ending XD. I fucking knew it. 1/10.
Mar 17, 2017 12:10 PM

Oct 2012
So I never read the manga but can still see some of the problems. They just don't really communicate why the band members want to get back together. Why was it so important for Yuu to write a song? Why did Yuu (kindly) reject Tama? I imagine Yuu has discovered he's into Fuuka but they need to show us that. There needs to be meaning and feeling involved rather than the band breaks up, everyone gets on with their lives, then they decide to get back together.
Mar 17, 2017 12:26 PM
Nov 2015
So bad...

I was kinda happy about the fact that they changed few things in anime comparing to the manga - like Koyuki's route which is my fav, but destroying it this way? Are you f**king kidding me - not like this. I would prefer to not to see these 2 together than being rejected like this. I thought than manga plot was 50/50 (I read the whole), but actually anime is going to be even worse. Even after so many good episodes :'(

I can't understand why did they changed so many things in anime comparing to the manga, but they didn't change the fact that Haruna could stay with Koyuki - it would be such a wonderful view <3
And now I can just make more gifs...

I also can't stand the last scene from this episode - I just can't understand it, they apologize and thank each other - what the heck - in such short peroid of time :/

This is just too rushed, way too.
For real - if someone wanna talk with pissed man about this ep - go ahead - message me - it will be pleasure for me to talk about your conlusions <3
Koyuki fans are most welcome Kappa XD Just kidding

F**k this shit I'm out of here - dropped!

BTW listen to some Yukihanabi before they will delte this video <3

~Kuhiro
Mar 17, 2017 12:51 PM

Mar 2012
This show is just messed up. It's mish mash of everything, and in the end we end up with nothing. No drama, no romance, no music and no story. So ep 12 must be now a happy ending with fuuka and yuu, so predictable. She return to the band, and the end. Show of nothing, no real meaning, no complexity. Show of mediocre drama with music in background. Angel Beats! did it much better eh... I just feel like I waste time watching this show. One ep left and that's reassuring.
"In my dreams, I see an evil tyrant’s hands, which would choke the world. And he is the only one blind to his own folly."
Mar 17, 2017 12:53 PM

Jul 2014
What a mess of an episode. Yuu rejects Koyuki, but that isn't really explicitly said so it just comes across that she somehow knows that she has been rejected. Then the band mostly gets back together for no obvious reason, seemingly just because Yuu managed to pull some song out of his ass that was more important than the routes the others were going to start going down. Guess we're going to somehow end up on the Fuuka route at the end, but at this point I don't really care anymore.
Mar 17, 2017 1:02 PM

Feb 2015
what a pile of crap that episode was. The series spends half its time building up Koyuki, & Yuu only for him to casually reject her her. Its not convincing in the slightest. If they wanted the audience to care about Fuuka they needed to give her more screen time and more character progression with Yuu. What we have now is an unconvincing half arsed romance that pleases nobody.

Those band brekaing up is ridiculous as well theve only been together 10 mins and we all convinced by Fuuka to join. Then all of her sudden she trhows her toys out of the pram and splits up the band making her look like a bit of a dick. Yuu should have ended up with Koyuki, and it should have been more about the band progressing not some crap love triangle.

Im gonna unload a truck load of salt on the last episode if what we think will happen, happens. Another anime destroyed by terrable writing.
CrashmattMar 17, 2017 1:09 PM
Mar 17, 2017 1:25 PM
fanservice<3

Mar 2012
WOW, DAT ASS DOH

gonna have to gif that....
Mar 17, 2017 1:29 PM

Jul 2014
The only good (or even great) part of this anime are the songs. The rest, especially after the change from the source material, is a complete mess. They decided to go original route and with this episode everything is almost back to what it was in magna.

I'm not saying that manga version is great, but the band braking and re-forming had much more sense there than in this adaptation. If they decided to make it anime original, they should make it so till the end.
Mar 17, 2017 1:30 PM

Feb 2015
EcchiLordMamster said:
WOW, DAT ASS DOH

nice to see you focus on the most important aspect of the show.....
Mar 17, 2017 1:41 PM
fanservice<3

Mar 2012
Crashmatt said:
EcchiLordMamster said:
WOW, DAT ASS DOH

nice to see you focus on the most important aspect of the show.....

holy shit do i have alot of giffing to do... make sure to check out my profile later ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

in all seriousness, im just as into everything else, trust me, i felt sad for Tama, and all that jazz.... but it wouldn't be me if i don't live up to the reason i have my name
EcchiGodMamsterMar 17, 2017 1:45 PM
Mar 17, 2017 1:58 PM
Jan 2016
now i fucking hate that nico kun. that stupid retarded asshole. i hope that truck kun would kill him or suicide fucking best ending i guess(well at least i will be satisfied)
uhhhh.......
Mar 17, 2017 2:06 PM
Mar 2017
would the series end at episode 12?

It seems like it woukd be too much to fit into one episode
Mar 17, 2017 2:36 PM

Jan 2013
So sad, and what restraint and lack of sex drive.
Mar 17, 2017 2:39 PM

Jan 2015
THAT ACTUALLY wasn't that bad... after the last episode in which i was heavily disappointed coming with a hateful approach into this episode, i was actually surprised that it was pretty good. I guess me loving Fuuka (manga) had something to do with it, even though Diomedia sucks and they did a horrible job in adapting Fuuka. Anyway this episode was quite nice. ONe of my favorite parts in the manga with everyone going their separate way and then Yuu getting them back one by one, though i'm a little disappointed that it wasn't done as well as in the manga, in anime it seemed kinda weird. They were all like NO WE ARE NOT COMING, BAND IS OVER after he approached them. And a day later they all came back ??? We didn't see their thoughts process, what were their feelings? did they just changed their mind simply like that and abandoned everything they planned on doing?
Mar 17, 2017 2:45 PM
Aug 2016
I've seen a lot of animes and read a lot of mangas, and I've had my share of seeing all kinds of different rejections but I have to say, that this one takes the cake as the most forced and unjustified one, holy crap, I'm appalled... How could they make Yuu do that to Koyuki...
Saints_RowMar 17, 2017 3:10 PM
Mar 17, 2017 3:03 PM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
LOL at some of the creative decisions here. They've done a clusterfeck with this adaptation so they had to crank the fan service to 11. At least Senpai in the shower is hotter than the Devil dancing in a volcano.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Mar 17, 2017 3:09 PM

May 2014
Mmm... Isn't Fuuka kinda horrible person? I don't mean the love triangle stuff here but the whole band idea. From one outlook she kinda just used other people to get to a better deal and then dumped them.
Mar 17, 2017 3:46 PM
Jul 2016
Wait only 1 episode left and it's at this point in the story...ugggh I thought we'd get to see them go on tour and all these things and that rejection u saw that comming from like episode 4 but it was so sudden and so forced makes u wanna cringe but man this episode for me hyped for next week so I'd like to see how this story ends not like we don't already know especially if you've watched suzuka
rajaymooreMar 17, 2017 3:51 PM
Mar 17, 2017 3:47 PM
Nov 2015
Small portion of gifs for ya

Ok, new gifs are ready...

And special one from this epsiode... :/
Your love is just a lie! Lie!

You can always visit my Giphy
Kuhiro Giphy

channel for more or look for Kuhiro Gif Master on facebook if you have some requests or need more.
~Kuhiro
Mar 17, 2017 4:03 PM

Jul 2015
Wow. Another show (that still had a chance) went and fucked it all up. We got to see that shower scene though xD
Mar 17, 2017 4:04 PM

Nov 2013
meh i liked fuuka for the 1st half of the series but after last episode i actually wanted kuyuki-haruna to happen...

like others said... why the hell would they join the band again like that LOL
oh look, we left the band, made new teams...but will go back even if fuuka doesn't come... GEEZ this ending sucks...sad

i could have given this show a 10 if people didnt spoil the death and if it ended with tama nico lol i enjoyed the series tho but this will end in a 6.
favorite "new girls" from summer <3 ... click sig for older seasons and more possible picks (rip all the other choices)
Mar 17, 2017 4:12 PM
Nov 2011
Mwahaha!!!
In your face, Koyuki camp!
In your face, those who've been waiting for a decent show!
It's Seo's sh*t all over the place :)
Mar 17, 2017 6:36 PM
Apr 2016
Fuck man, they killed the show today. I Thought they would go into the childhood friend route but no... they decided to do a mess. Fuuka is an A-Hole, Yuu is an dumbass and poor Koyuki only suffers although being the best character in the whole series, the only one which was beginning to end true to her feelings and aspirations, the rest is just a bunch of cowards. Nothing made sense, Koyuki's rejection, the other members moving on and five minutes later reuniting as a band. This is ridicoulous as fuck. Fuck this anime, desapointment is its name! I just hate this shit, worst of the season! A 3 is what this messy dumbassery deserves!
Lax_CauxMar 17, 2017 6:59 PM
Mar 17, 2017 6:56 PM

Oct 2010
Fuuuuuk(a)
I'm really happy that most people heated this episode in the poll hahaha ha! That's the best of all this sht.
Yuu is stupid, he have feelings for Koyuki, like truly feelings showed in one whole episode and no clue of real romantic feelings for Fuu(c)ka.
And other important thing... You Can Actually can do Music Without a Singer... It's called instrumental.
But no! Obviously this is a stupid show!
Damn...
The best of the episode is the guitarist sempai... And all the fanservice xD
And from one moment to other, Yuu knows how to use a production music software, write music and do a song all by herself... XD
In that case continue with the band yourself and keep Fuucka alone XD... Demet the first thing I thought when Fuucka is gone is that Koyuki obviously could be the new voice! And all could be developed with better plot and more fluid.
But no, spend the half of the anime stuffed with the same things over and over.
.... Ah yeah one more thing.. In one point I thought that Fuucka being killed by the truck, could really happen.

Thanks for the gifs man of the gifs!
Mar 17, 2017 7:27 PM

Oct 2012
Bullshit! This was way too cringeworthy and overly idealized version of what would happened. There is absolutely nothing going between MC and Fuuka, no chemistry whatsoever.. this series failed to show that properly so his decision really feels stupid. He was pretty much neglecting Fuuka all the time while dating with Tama-chan and now they want us suddenly think he actually had change of mind? Not to mention in the moment when she started undressing on him? Come on, he's just a boy for god's sake, not some unreal epitome of righteousness! How is this good writing?!

So childhood friend can never win, eh? I'm done with this series. I probably do watch the next episode to complete it, but at this point I don't even care what happily ever after happens in there.
Mar 17, 2017 8:15 PM
Jul 2015
well i really hate the original story but the director of diomedea made a good choice for not making truck-kun successfully bump fukka. if they follow the manga, they will have to stretch the season to episode 26 or 36 if the season end at budokan, thats a lot munie

money, money, money what can i say...
Mar 17, 2017 8:29 PM

Jul 2009
Jack_Corvus96 said:
THATS WHAT YOU GET FOR BEING SUCH A BITCH KOYUKI!, seriously, how can people like her? she's just an Attention whore who almost ruined this anime, she was going to take advantage of Yuu like that, how Bitch can she be?

Honestly. Hate her so much. I dislike Fuuka too tho. When you think about it they're both pretty horrible. Sara is clearly the best girl.

Since Fuuka didn't die like she was supposed to I still hope she doesnt go back to them. They don't need that hoe. YUU-KUN WILL BE THE VOCALIST.
Mar 17, 2017 9:14 PM

Oct 2012
You know, I foolishly pride myself on the fact that I don't drop any anime, and haven't ever felt the sentiment of wanting to drop any. Not even Hand Shakers, I appreciate it enough and haven't ever though of dropping it, contrary to my wordy complaints on the forum. This fact is only made more prominent when considering my horribly skewed rating scale, I'm a pretty simple-minded guy who can be entertained by the weirdest things.

But this. Oh yes this Fuuka***** show. Nuh uh. Nope.

I'm not dropping it, only one ep left anyways, but this is legitimately the first show I've ever watched that has given me the smallest pretty big actually impulse to drop it, but today Fuuka gets that special spot.
I do think it got a bit more tolerable in the second half of the ep but that first half left such a bitter taste in my mouth that even if the second half of it had been brilliant fyi, it wasn't, I still would've disliked it.

I'll admit that Fuuka probably shouldn't have been the first anime to make me feel this way, taking a look at my list, I'd say this is more just a result of me having seen much more anime now than I had when watching other infamous trainwreck shows, but still it takes a LOT to make me struggle through an episode, I'm a really easy-going, easy-to-please dude.

This show started out decent to me, the tropes were there but definitely tolerable, and I was even enjoying seeing everyone's passion. Then this stuff happened, and I feel like anything this show had going for it went down the drain. Granted I'm pretty ticked and emotional atm, after stupid choices and reasons, better girl losing because f u, extremely contrived drama, so maybe my perception of the show will change after leaving it to settle for a bit after completing it. Maybe. Probably not. I'll see
gust11Mar 17, 2017 9:17 PM
"If I don't have to do it, I won't. If I have to do it, I'll make it quick."
- Oreki Houtarou
Mar 17, 2017 9:35 PM

Apr 2016
Poor Koyuki-chan. :(
Her confession was quite awkward as Yuu is spacing out due to Fuuka.
The group getting disbanded and got partially regrouped afterwards was too fast in my opinion. Well with only 1 episode left, I guess that's reasonable.
Finally, Fuuka's mom appeared! Her mom looks way better than her. lol :v
Looking forward to the finale.
Mar 17, 2017 9:41 PM

Dec 2014
Why is yuu such a push over... Koyuki pushes on him and also breaks with im as well...such melondrama....I can honestly expect what to happen in the final episode.... Band back again together and melancholy singing their new single
Mar 17, 2017 9:42 PM
Jan 2017
They break up the band .. 20 min later they all back to the band - Are you F*cking kidding me
this show goes from worse to the worst ..
after they changed the manga and gave chance for childhood friend they made tama looking stupid and bitch and eventually he still loves fuuka and left tama heart-broken wtf so why did he dated tama from the beginning !!!!

the best scene of the anime is suzuka appearance (Suzuka is fuuka's mother and she has an anime and manga named suzuka and it's awsome)

well fuuka anime has just won "the worst winter 2017" reward for sure
Mar 17, 2017 9:46 PM

Aug 2013
This development started to irritate me as in the manga, not only because Yuu refuses Koyuki (certainly the best girl in both anime and manga), but also by Fuuka's attitudes, she selfishly joined the band and selfishly left the band, and now she wants to close herself to the others, unless an improbable relationship between Yuu and Koyuki begins, now I have low expectations for the last episode ..
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Fuuka Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Mar 24, 2017

227 by RGreatDanton »»
Aug 12, 12:23 PM

Poll: » Who should have ended up with the MC?

TheCryBabyHero - Jul 16, 2023

12 by conetall420 »»
Jul 22, 2023 3:03 PM

» just read the manga

Garble198 - Nov 7, 2018

11 by Potimas »»
May 25, 2023 1:53 PM

Poll: » Fuuka Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Mar 10, 2017

201 by nghuytoan1993 »»
Apr 28, 2023 1:22 PM

Poll: » Fuuka Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Feb 3, 2017

85 by nghuytoan1993 »»
Apr 27, 2023 4:45 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.