Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
The Saga of Tanya the Evil (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Jan 27, 2017 6:01 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Interesting episode. We got Tanya handling his military duties as usual but also more exploration of his military studies including the rules and fundamentals. I do wish they put more time into the action but for it's worth, I think the pacing is working out well to develop more of Tanya's character and life.

The small amount of details they put into what Tanya does at the military school is also rather interesting too. He has a lot of work! lol.
I expect action to pick up again soon.
Stark700Jan 27, 2017 7:37 AM
Jan 27, 2017 6:09 AM

Jul 2008
Hahah I love how she's forced to take the tough path when she's just dreaming of a safe life working in the rear!

We get to see her old subordinate at the end again, I was expecting that though.

Maybe some war action next epsiode already again? hahaha

Maybe my favourite TV anime this season. 10/10

Jan 27, 2017 6:45 AM
Jan 2016
They went through the war college part surprisingly quickly, I expected two episodes with the first culminating in Tanya feeling awesome about having earned brownie points with Zettour and manipulated Ugar into dropping out, then the following episode smashing that to pieces by opening with her "promotion" dinner and the process of forming her special unit.

That aside, glad they didn't skip out on emphasizing her age, what with the trouble getting books from high shelves and the children's seat in the dining hall (although it would have just as amusing to see her struggle to eat due to inappropriate seating).
Jan 27, 2017 8:18 AM

Jul 2015
The way that Tanya's dream of an easy life crashed and burned was comedy gold! She talked too much.

Don't mess with Being X.
Jan 27, 2017 8:18 AM

Jan 2015
Tanya's "previous ability" as salary man seems making the conversation about to-be World War goes easier to understand. She easily make people around her to believe it easily. Then again, after the talk she seems to be late on realizing what kind bad thing that might occurred.
And we meet again, Viktoriya.
[url=http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Mascera&sclick=1]convert gambar online
Jan 27, 2017 8:24 AM

Mar 2016
Tanya's plans are great also too brilliant, but that was his/her landmine.
Tanya's Deathflag is rising! lol
Serebryakov is coming again?!

Still good stuffs are given... MOAR!!!
My Profile
Anime
Manga
osu! Profile
No Picture Available for me... lol.
Jan 27, 2017 8:25 AM

Dec 2014
Pretty good buildup episode.

Tanya dug her own grave by proposing that Rapid response plan. xD
Her conversations are always really interesting to watch especially when she comments on the flow of the conversation in her mind.

Tanya gets her own battalion now. This should be really interesting.
Jan 27, 2017 8:30 AM

Mar 2016
This anime is too trippy xDD

Pretty good episode.
All of her plans of not getting into the front lines failing is too hilarious hahah. Viktoriya is back, which was kinda expected :P
Next week should be interesting :D

Jan 27, 2017 8:36 AM

Feb 2015
When Tanya started giving her opinions to the General I keep thinking "Stop" bec I knew she'd be digging her own grave by being too smart.
Also, a lieutenant in a high chair... kek
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 27, 2017 9:05 AM
The Komori

Mar 2013
Poor girl ended up screwing herself over xDDDD And lmaoooo at that high chair

Loved how much buildup was in this episode and I thoroughly enjoyed seeing Tanya's university life too
Jan 27, 2017 9:09 AM

Dec 2015
And that's how her plans for a comfortable life in the rear turn to dust.
"At some point, I stopped hoping."
Jan 27, 2017 9:13 AM

Apr 2016
Tanya just got prank by her/himself
"Mountains, beings, and nature's laws are bound by an arrangement, and within it, we live." -Mushishi Zoku Shou Suzu No Shizuku
Jan 27, 2017 9:20 AM
Nov 2016
Loving the show so far.

They also did explain nicely that Tanya got so flustered over trying to make the right impression to the general and not sound like a coward that she didn't realize she's digging her own grave.

"I'm one of the few powerful mages and I suggest we make a rapid-response unit comprised of powerful mages"
Jan 27, 2017 9:23 AM

Dec 2013
The little devil is digging her own grave lol, her greedy personality is killing her and also
being X will not let her relax, every time she think she will get better position she will get the worst..
AlhakamJan 27, 2017 9:31 AM
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 27, 2017 9:33 AM

Jun 2015
Tanya's plan backfired. She thought she was safe from the front lines, but her suggestion made the higher ups to choose her. The conversation with her and Captain Uger was nice. I can't help but liking to hear her inner thoughts.
Jan 27, 2017 9:33 AM

May 2012
Tanya tried her best to stay in a safe position, but Satou-san appeared and ruined her plans. No one can escape Satou-san even in a different anime.

This anime is surprisingly good. It makes me sad to see that it will be only 12 episodes.
I despise woke people.
Jan 27, 2017 9:37 AM

May 2010
i bet Tanya's superiors threw Viktoriya into her battalion to keep her "bad rep/personality" in check, seeing as she is the only one tanya shown "compassion" to by having her recommended for officer position away from the frontline.
Jan 27, 2017 9:38 AM

Sep 2014
satou playing games here again ...

I hope when we get back to the war she can be more evil again. Enough cuteness already, I was picking this up because badass evil satanic loli.
"This emotion is mine alone.
It is for Madoka alone." - Homura
or how I would descripe Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica.
Jan 27, 2017 9:49 AM

Jul 2014
Congratulations, Tanya, you played yourself.
Jan 27, 2017 10:03 AM
*hug noises*

May 2013
Poor girl just wants to stay safe but she keeps getting sent into trouble no matter what

Getting better with every episode though
Jan 27, 2017 10:18 AM

Nov 2014
Lol... Her suggestion just backfired. Goodbye pleasure life that you dreamt of, Tanya.
Jan 27, 2017 10:21 AM

Apr 2015
The Animation Was Outstanding And The Episode Was Amazing!
Have High Hopes For This...:)
Jan 27, 2017 10:35 AM

Jun 2013
I loled when she shot herself in the foot this episode. Hmm maybe Existence X is fucking with her.
Jan 27, 2017 10:36 AM

Jan 2015
Lelouch0202 said:
Pretty good buildup episode.

Tanya dug her own grave by proposing that Rapid response plan. xD
Her conversations are always really interesting to watch especially when she comments on the flow of the conversation in her mind.

Tanya gets her own battalion now. This should be really interesting.

Exactly my thought. I just love seeing her thought process. And whenever the conversation doesn't go her way, we see her frustration/shock and then we see her move conversation in her favor. I almost never see it in anime, it's such a great detail. Helps us understand and relate with her better since she is such complex character without it we would've just been confused.
Jan 27, 2017 10:37 AM

Dec 2009
Poor Tanya... smart as hell, but not wise enough. Set herself up to be screwed over by her own lack of foresight.

Now that Tanya is gonna get stuck in a battalion, we shall see how many unfortunate souls will become meat shields...

...That is unless she gains some wisdom to realize that conservation of lives is conservation of firepower and security.
❀桜舞う空〜                   Cute is Power.           🔗CosmoGenesis Project
“You cannot know what you do not know.”
“Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.”
“A truth seeker has no patience for BS.”

I seek only to improve myself and others.
Jan 27, 2017 10:50 AM

Jan 2015
Haha Tanya trying to get a Hannibal book, but can't reach it due to her height :( Reading about Hannibal is smart for sure
This episode was filled with Satou speaking lol. Guess his terrorist attack didn't work in Ajin and he decided to become general in Youjo Senki lol.

Tanya is so precise with her prediction of the war going into world war territory.
Also this Tanya's quote is so precise, exactly what's happening in politics lmao."You should try persuasion when people are mentally defenseless.The fascist that proposed that was a demonic genius"
Jan 27, 2017 11:00 AM

Aug 2013
The conversations this episode were really interesting. Tanya trying to give off a good impression to her superior ended up forcing her to dig her own grave, and the talk she had with that guy in the cafe was nice even if (or maybe because) she was only doing it for her own interests.

I'm wondering when we'll see more relevant stuff out of glasses guy. So far it's just been him saying Tanya's bad news (and rightfully so), and then everyone else ignoring him.
Jan 27, 2017 11:16 AM

Apr 2013
GenesisAria said:

...That is unless she gains some wisdom to realize that conservation of lives is conservation of firepower and security.

She always had such idea. She dislikes the waste of good potential/good elements, and on top of this, losing troops is bad for her promotion chances anyway.
Jan 27, 2017 11:19 AM

Jul 2009
Pretty good pace. Next episode should be the last of Volume 1, and then depending on how much details they go into about that they might start with Volume 2 or not.
'Everything is impossible until proven possible.' - Me

Jan 27, 2017 11:22 AM
News Team
YEEHAW

Nov 2014
Good job Tanya.

STOP SLEEPING ON ODD TAXI

Jan 27, 2017 11:29 AM

May 2016
In this episode, Degu's face performance is so FUNNY.

The gap between response and intention is so large during the conversation.

Contrary to real intention, she would be pushed into the dangerous front line.
Jan 27, 2017 11:31 AM

Dec 2014
I feel bad for Tanya ..she had a relief for once but she is forced to go to war again.... she is still a ten year old right...(even though her mind is off a thirty year old though)
Jan 27, 2017 11:37 AM
May 2010
I just had a look at the manga and.. wow they really did a rather terrible job with copying over Viktoria's look. She looks far more chibiish then at least her manga counterpart..
Jan 27, 2017 11:38 AM
Former AMQ God

Sep 2014
Tanya is too smart for her own good. xD
Jan 27, 2017 11:46 AM

Dec 2009
Zefyris said:
GenesisAria said:

She always had such idea. She dislikes the waste of good potential/good elements, and on top of this, losing troops is bad for her promotion chances anyway.
Yet she's sent recruits to positions where they'd be cannon fodder...
❀桜舞う空〜                   Cute is Power.           🔗CosmoGenesis Project
“You cannot know what you do not know.”
“Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.”
“A truth seeker has no patience for BS.”

I seek only to improve myself and others.
Jan 27, 2017 11:51 AM
May 2010
GenesisAria said:
Zefyris said:

Well they were transfered away from her to a location where they would most likely end up killed, she had no reason to risk having two gungho Hero types on her team, if they don't follow orders, it's insubordination, and if she doesn't react to it, she's the one who gets the blame. She's not above sacrificing pieces for the sake her own wellbeing, but doesn't believe either in the senseless loss of useful and good personal. Insubordinate personell aren't among those.
Jan 27, 2017 11:56 AM

Apr 2013
GenesisAria said:
Zefyris said:

She transferred rebellious soldiers to a place where they could be useful without being dangerous for her side. That pillbox needs peoples. Those were NOT good elements, btw. More like elements you don't want in an army, at all.
Furthermore, the moment they died, they were no longer her subordinates. If she kept them instead, they would have died by not obeying orders, which would be worse.
Jan 27, 2017 11:59 AM
Jun 2013
GenesisAria said:
Zefyris said:

because they wanted victory or death. You don't get victory by acting out of line and putting everyone else at risk.
Jan 27, 2017 12:11 PM

Apr 2012
This wasn't even Being X's doing. Tanya, you dug yourself into this hole.

Though it's understandable to be nervous when you're invited for a talk out of the blue with the highest ranking member of the organization you want to join.
"Rejoice! We are humans— we are the most talented people! Precisely because we were born without any ability— we can achieve anything— this is the will of the weakest race!" – Sora, ‘No game No life Vol.01’
Jan 27, 2017 12:37 PM
Jun 2015
Viper_607 said:
I just had a look at the manga and.. wow they really did a rather terrible job with copying over Viktoria's look. She looks far more chibiish then at least her manga counterpart..
They are not trying to copy it, its an adaptation. I think they choose the look for her because she has a bubbly, compassionate personality that acts as the foil of Tanya's personality.
Jan 27, 2017 1:06 PM

Jun 2013
wow that conversation with the General was interesting but Tnya you fucked up lol
Jan 27, 2017 1:13 PM

Sep 2012
So basically Tanya takes Hitler as teacher.Well just don't attack the Russia and you are good to go.
Jan 27, 2017 1:32 PM

Jan 2013
Great episode. Can't wait to see what the other high level mage characters look like.
Nice detailed strategy.
Jan 27, 2017 1:45 PM

Apr 2013
sasalx said:
So basically Tanya takes Hitler as teacher.Well just don't attack the Russia and you are good to go.

I think the fascist she quoted was Ernst Rüdin rather than Hitler himself. Not sure though.
Jan 27, 2017 1:46 PM
Oct 2016
this is by far the best anime this season , really reallllllly good
Jan 27, 2017 1:48 PM

Sep 2012
Zefyris said:
sasalx said:

I think the fascist she quoted was Ernst Rüdin rather than Hitler himself. Not sure though.

Since she quoted about his ability persuade I thought that person was Hitler.But ın that case I am not sure too.
Jan 27, 2017 2:06 PM

Nov 2013
How she tried to reach the book was kind of cute.

Her plan of having a safe place in the rear seriously backfired.

Also her subordinate is back.
You're a louse, Roger Smith. - R. Dorothy Wayneright
This is my fight! No Senpai, this is our fight! - Kojou Akatsuki & Yukina Himeragi
Jan 27, 2017 2:39 PM

Feb 2008
hahaha the proverbial god works in mysterious ways huh?

she should have gotten suspicious as soon as a big shot asked her of her opinion. either way, her success in this will only bolster her dream for an easy life...and then be denied.
Jan 27, 2017 2:53 PM

Jan 2013
It's not like she wanted her plan to ever succeed or to be even considered, she rather had to show she has one in the first place in order to look good. And it didn't had to be one she wrote down - sweet irony. She basically overthought her plan. And what is even more ironic, once she gets to the front line, no one will see her actually regretting the decision or be scared, since by the grace of God's meddling, everyone outside will perceive her as completely fanatical zealot.
Signature removed. It was too good for this cruel world.
Jan 27, 2017 2:54 PM

Jan 2013
hahahaha we all knew that this would happen, after he started asking her what she thinks about the war and then she answered him, it was obvious that he would use her plan and make her a captain of a battalion xD
Can't wait to see her commanding a battalion.
Make the Empire Great Again! :D
"There is no such thing as an Anime elitist. You watch Anime, therefore, you are trash by society's standards."

Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Youjo Senki Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 17, 2017

125 by lazypanda666 »»
3 hours ago

Poll: » Youjo Senki Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 10, 2017

111 by lazypanda666 »»
Jun 15, 10:35 PM

Poll: » Youjo Senki Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Mar 3, 2017

176 by lazypanda666 »»
Jun 13, 1:47 AM

Poll: » Youjo Senki Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Feb 24, 2017

187 by lazypanda666 »»
Jun 8, 7:47 PM

Poll: » Youjo Senki Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Feb 3, 2017

209 by lazypanda666 »»
May 18, 9:38 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.