Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
May 10, 2014 10:23 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
That was an interesting episode imo.

A little bit of reflecting from Teppei. It was nice hearing the theme song again I guess. The episode really picked up pace in the second half, holy shit. Daichi is really shining here with his role. I gotta admit, he's got some epic skills with that boomerang. Dat hug though :p
May 10, 2014 11:41 AM
Jan 2014
That was a huge improvement over last weeks alot of info was given. Its seems the kil t gang was using macbeth industries not the otherway around.
May 10, 2014 11:42 AM

May 2013
Good episode. Teppei's uncle being worried about him, but he's shown that he can take care of his own.
May 10, 2014 11:43 AM

Sep 2013
Bit annoyed that they kept so much from us and then when someone brings up this Kivoto plan, because they never explained it in the past they just have to explain it on the dot even though it makes no sense considering its supposed to be majorly secret that even Akari isn't supposed to know...

Bad guys quest is to use the kiltgang to take over the world.. kay cliche cliche...

The guy had a gun and could have shot Diaichi before he even threw the boomerang... but okay more cliche waiting for enemy to do something stuff I can forgive that...

The Team Rocket Duo seem to be up to no good with their friend the giant brain bot.

Overall... Just a rotten episode... Whats even worse is from the vision Hana had with the fights and everything, it actually seemed a lot more entertaining and intriguing then the actual plot...

I really REALLY hope this series picks up, because as it is now, I am going to give it to Episode 8 to start picking up, otherwise I am dropping it... I hate dropping things though.
May 10, 2014 11:47 AM

Nov 2007
lol @ parent talk with hacker girl barging in.

A bit detail about the enemy, who are basically immortal and not consider others as humans, and those who are with main group but not from the enemy's side originally.

He's back, and main guy was able to save her without hurting that annoying guy.

Before this I thought uncle = commander, but was different.

New enemy?
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
May 10, 2014 11:54 AM

Aug 2010
Good ep :D

Lol'd at the beginning with Akari just hacking and listening on to her dad and mom's conversation XD She's awesome Logical Logical :3

Loved the new background info about Teppei and Hana. Hana had some pretty nice development. Loved her smile so much when she jumped to Daichi after he saved her <3

It's good to see the couple's pretty much already settled with DaichixHana and AkarixTeppei :D And nxt ep seems to have more moments about that too ^^

Anyway, finally got rid of the megane bastard. And the plot thickens a bit. Good progress.
May 10, 2014 11:59 AM
Site Admin
Aug 2012
Keten said:

The guy had a gun and could have shot Diaichi before he even threw the boomerang... but okay more cliche waiting for enemy to do something stuff I can forgive that...

Yeah he's obviously quite stupid...also why did he wait until Daichi arrived with Pitz? If he wanted to abduct Hana, he probably could've already left on that boat, unless that was just his plan...to hold Hana hostage and stay there ._.

Anyways, nice learning about some other stuff like Puck working for the duo or Teppei's explanation of what his kind is. I like next episode's title.
May 10, 2014 12:22 PM

Apr 2014
YES!! After this episode, I am starting to feel much better about this show. I really hope they keep the momentum up. This is getting interesting.
May 10, 2014 1:10 PM
Content Admin
Overkilled Red

Aug 2013
Akari using her magic to hack the conversation of her mom and dad and commander was like, "It's forbidden. Magic is forbidden." Haha.
A bit of Kivoto's plan is discussed. It won't be long before Akari find out about it, even if it's top secret. Nothing impossible for a Mahou Shoujo!

Hana revisits her dark past a little while Teppei discloses more info about himself.
Good contrast between the characters as Hana being a tool for firing Livlaster and Teppei as a Planetary Gear taking everyone else as a tool for their use.

Loved how Daichi owned that SOAB with a boomerang! XD

Commander is in a big pinch since he can't really gamble on Daichi to succeed.

Good episode. Hana X Daichi and Teppei X Akari seems to be settled. :)

PV for next episode looks epic! The pair of Albion and Earth Engine will out up an excellent fight.

May 10, 2014 1:12 PM

Aug 2012
Well at least we have a better idea of the overarching plot and everyone's motivations. Could get pretty good, hopefully the Kivotos Plan coming to fruition will be the half-way point and major tone/setting shift the series needs.

lol'd at the mention of space vampires.
May 10, 2014 2:05 PM
Mar 2012
That fucking guy again from Salty Dog... Looks like the plot is finally picking up.
May 10, 2014 2:12 PM

Jan 2014
Answers, answers, answers!!!!.........and MORE ANSWERS!!!

Will this really answer to the expectations of waiting fans for answers? See how this is all about the answers? Well at least it did give me answers and I like them.

The Killtgangs are serious. So being close drains libidos and creates crystals eh? Now I get why they can absolutely NOT reach Earth with their main bodies, because we will indeed lose. Sweet Jesus Amara, the hell you did to our moon.

So President belives he's using them but it is Amara and Moco who are using him. Puck's real alliegances are unclear at best being THE common factor between both, he can easily be a double agent.

President seems confident that he controls them, but I doubt he's gonna die a spineless idiot, I believe he will have something up his sleeve.

Daichi-Hana moments were sweet, that hug was even more so. And next episode Amara and Moco vs Daichi and Teppei. That's gonna be interesting.
May 10, 2014 3:12 PM
Jul 2018
It was a good episode.

Akari hacked in to hear her parent's conversation.

I liked how Hana talked about her dark past with Daichi.
May 10, 2014 3:27 PM

Jun 2012
Daichi's uncle and the creep from salty dog look like twins.
May 10, 2014 3:36 PM

Nov 2012
Apparently boomerang>gun.

And they're just realizing they're in a near hopeless situation?What was an impending alien invasion not enough?
May 10, 2014 4:00 PM

Jan 2009
space vampires sounds like valvrave the liberator lol

but interesting episode we got lots of information about the kiltgang and kivotos plan
May 10, 2014 4:21 PM
Jan 2014
So much for the security to access P.A.C's room.

Glad to see that Daichi's uncle is a caring and understanding person.

I hope that idiot Hirosue from Salty Dog has learned his lesson by now.

Judging by the next episode PV, we finally get to see some Earth Engine action again.
May 10, 2014 4:22 PM

Apr 2013
I feel like this series has been going downhill since the first episode.

May 10, 2014 4:54 PM

May 2009
j0x said:
space vampires sounds like valvrave the liberator lol

but interesting episode we got lots of information about the kiltgang and kivotos plan

Methaphor about vampiric nature is something completely different than literal biting vampires.
May 10, 2014 5:19 PM

Aug 2007
Not bad at all we had answers galore in this ep. I can't wait to see where this truly goes.

Sent with Mal Updater
May 10, 2014 6:11 PM

Jul 2013
Finally some information, but the Hana hostage scene was quite anti-climatic.
May 10, 2014 6:24 PM
May 2013
does anyone know how the song that now and then play in the background is called?
May 10, 2014 6:30 PM
Oct 2010
Not sure what to say about this ep, was pretty bad imo.
May 10, 2014 7:17 PM

Apr 2014
Lol, "it's forbidden, magic is forbidden"xD
Hana's song is so prettyyy, I love it~!
May 10, 2014 7:33 PM

Jul 2010
Teppi x Akari
Daichi x Hana

I'm ok with this (no bullshit love triangles please), but more importantly, that asshole with glasses is finally gone.
May 10, 2014 7:34 PM

Jan 2013
I see the show's ships are in order, I like this

This is looking like it'll be more episodic, not the greatest but it should still be fun.

May 10, 2014 8:54 PM

Jan 2011
The decepticons are on the dark side of the moon!!
May 10, 2014 9:18 PM

Dec 2010
Great episode! Probably one of the best so far. Everything is beginning to come to light, and we are getting explanations for things!

Plus Daichi x Hana is definitely starting for real now, and I am so okay with that!
May 10, 2014 10:28 PM

Nov 2013
wow an episode that didn't completely irritate me.
May 10, 2014 11:23 PM

Apr 2013
From that preview, I wonder when will Earth Engine gets its time to shine when it always needed some saving from Teppei. EE can't be a meatshield for the whole show right?

10th_man_down said:
Teppi x Akari
Daichi x Hana

I'm ok with this (no bullshit love triangles please), but more importantly, that asshole with glasses is finally gone.

+1
May 11, 2014 1:41 AM

Jun 2013
are they fucking serious?! a cup phone? and damn that robot brain is a double agent!
May 11, 2014 1:42 AM

Jan 2013
I bet im one of the only people on this site that wants to see Akari come between Daichi and Hana.

It's not like I don't like Hana.

I think I just really like debauchery.
May 11, 2014 1:46 AM

Dec 2011
So the Kivotos plan was introduced as a last resort if something bad were to happen to Earth hmm.

The Kiltgang will devour the people on Earth, leaving the ones in the Kivotos plan alone and then they'll leave our Solar System, I guess that's a deal they made or something.

Nobody can get inside at talk to PAC huh lol.

Good job Daichi, saving Hana like the aussie you really are!
"Let justice be done, though the heavens fall."
May 11, 2014 3:52 AM
The Destroyer.
Feb 2013
Earth Driver, hah.

Finally some explanations regarding Hana. The boomerang scene was stupid though.
May 11, 2014 5:33 AM
Feb 2014
they could've added a short scene where he failed to kill pitz and is waiting for extraction at the docks, but no...
Waiting with the hostage until the protagonists arrival is just SD common procedure for abductions...smh

Iterations of plot points by ramblings is a sign of bad story telling, regardless how epic the content.

everything else is okay, cliche but ok

sephatuMay 11, 2014 5:47 AM
May 11, 2014 6:53 AM
Apr 2012
Solid episode, still love how Akari just hacks into whatever she wants. That guys (name eludes me) attempt to kidnap Hana was flat out terrible, at least it served to give Daichi's uncle some kind of grasp on what Daichi is involved with. Some nice connecting scenes with Hana and Daichi. Next episode looks intriguing.
May 11, 2014 7:53 AM

Sep 2011
alright i was not expecting the plethora of info dumping this episode. I really like the idea of this kivotos plan, surprisingly that was the thing that really sells the danger of the situation.

ill admit i was a bit bothered by daichi using the boomerang to beat the salty dog douche, especially with him taunting daichi for not being able to kill, i think it would had been the perfect opportunity to have daichi kill someone for the first time because hes gonna have to do it eventually

also im both calling and worrying that what teppei was saying about immortality is a death flag.
JizzyHitlerMay 11, 2014 7:58 AM

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

May 11, 2014 7:55 AM

May 2013
One step ahead and you'll be a baddass, Daichi.
The world shall know the truth soon.
May 11, 2014 8:12 AM

Jul 2010
10th_man_down said:
but more importantly, that asshole with glasses is finally gone.
You wish that.
Anyway, fine episode. We now know something more overall. Furthermore it was quite good to see Daichi's uncle worried and some development here and there.
May 11, 2014 9:08 AM

Jul 2013
This is actually a pretty good episode, but still it felt slow paced. The Kivotos Plan was probably a wrong thing to do, and something bad is going to happen. At least we get some background information from Hana.

May 11, 2014 9:28 AM

Nov 2013
Things are finally starting to add up and make sense, but there are still a lot of questions. Good thing is this is 2 cour so hopefully everything will be explained properly.
That last conversation between the commander and the uncle was a little cheesy, but whatever.
Good episode overall. 3.5/5
May 11, 2014 12:54 PM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
Well at last they revealed something from the overarching plot. I don't know why they couldn't have done that before. It's not like it's a big mistery at this point. Hopefully things will be better from here.

The guy from Salty Dog got humilliated again, now with a boomerang.

Hana and Daichi ship is going strong.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

May 11, 2014 1:11 PM
Jan 2013
You know , I'm having difficulty as to who those Kiltgang were, are they humans or some kind of ET?
May 11, 2014 1:13 PM

Sep 2011
Baddie007 said:
You know , I'm having difficulty as to who those Kiltgang were, are they humans or some kind of ET?
the kitlang are carnivorous aliens who can change their forms to resemble humans.

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

May 11, 2014 3:31 PM
Nov 2013
There's something very satisfying about watching a bad guy get clocked by the backswing of a boomerang

Unfortunately, all the villains are still as interesting and complex as an unsalted cracker
May 11, 2014 4:06 PM

Sep 2013
Akari best girl. I would've liked more the scene with Hana if Daichi had fired his gun at the salty dog guy instead of throwing his boomerang, not kill just hurt him. You know he probably is going to need to kill or shoot someone in the future
May 11, 2014 5:51 PM

Dec 2013
This episode wasn't half bad. Major info dump but it was well worth it somehow.

Hana doesn't have a Kiltgang, she was made to fire the Livelaster, and yet by some weird fate she can't do that either, but somehow she has the ability to choose Daiichi to use her gun....

The Ark faction are the ones initiating the Kivotos Plan, whereby they save a select number of humanity in exchange for allowing the rest of the planet to die by Kilt-gang invasion.

The Intercept faction are trying to save the planet by stopping the Kilt-gang before they reach Earth.

Then there's Globe, which is sort of like some NATO organization that supports both factions, but has little power on its own to do stuff.

I can't wait to see Teppei in action though, that preview showed him in some badass.

Bring on next episode!
HESTIAAPPROVES
May 11, 2014 8:33 PM

Apr 2013
Infodump, much? This show has some truly terrible exposition and plotting. The context has made it very unclear as to what exactly is taking place, but all of a sudden it starts throwing all of this terminology at us. Orgone energy, ego blocks, soul crystals, the burst expansion whatchamacallit on the moon. I'm glad that they're actually starting to give us some details, but the execution is very lacking. I'm hoping it'll keep picking up from here, but so far I've been very disappointed by this show.
May 11, 2014 10:17 PM
Aug 2013
How come the asshole with glasses is still on that damn place? Holy christ
May 11, 2014 10:18 PM

Oct 2011
Questions are being answered.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Captain Earth Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Sep 20, 2014

144 by Ranacchi »»
Sep 30, 2022 3:35 AM

Poll: » Captain Earth Episode 24 Discussion

Stark700 - Sep 13, 2014

42 by Ranacchi »»
Sep 30, 2022 2:57 AM

Poll: » Captain Earth Episode 23 Discussion

Stark700 - Sep 6, 2014

46 by Ranacchi »»
Sep 30, 2022 2:29 AM

Poll: » Captain Earth Episode 22 Discussion

Stark700 - Aug 30, 2014

43 by Ranacchi »»
Sep 30, 2022 2:05 AM

Poll: » Captain Earth Episode 21 Discussion

Stark700 - Aug 23, 2014

34 by Ranacchi »»
Sep 28, 2022 7:47 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.