Forum Settings
Forums
Initial D
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Sep 4, 2009 12:43 PM

Dec 2008
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
What did you think of the movie?
May 3, 2010 11:23 PM

Feb 2008
large parts of this movie were pure torture, I really don't want him to wind up with Mogi. I only tolerated her before we found out she was a whore. playing the victim here doesn't change the fact that she was cheating on him for money. especially when she willing got into the car with someone she already knew was bad news.

I really wish he'd just pick someone better, like the navigator for the sil80. or some new girl we haven't met yet. hell, even Ryosuke would be better than Mogi, and I'm definitely not a yaoi fan.

also, why did he become a delivery driver? he can't drive fast in a truck like that.
May 22, 2010 10:04 PM

Mar 2009
The first few parts of it was kinda boring. I found it hard to concentrate. However it picked up the pace around midway of the movie. Personally, I thought instead of Mogi relying on Takumi to save her from that rapist pervert, she should've just kicked him in the balls and escape.
May 26, 2010 10:41 AM

Jul 2007
Are japanese girls really that submissive or was it just bad writing? Mogi should just fuck off, but I get why Takumi doesn't block her entirely. Y'know he doesn't have any other girl.
Jan 29, 2011 1:26 PM

Aug 2010
Mogi turned out to be a whore...she looked like that sort of person from the very beginning. Why Takumi tagged along with her is another subject. I did not like the VA on this one. (It kinda made me not want to watch it, but heck, i did anyways) They did a much better job with first and second stage.

AlexSadist-sama said:
Personally, I thought instead of Mogi relying on Takumi to save her from that rapist pervert, she should've just kicked him in the balls and escape.
They had too much fun when they were together, so kicking an old friend would just make him more persistent to getting attached to you...

jacobpaige said:
also, why did he become a delivery driver? he can't drive fast in a truck like that.
He wants to be the fastest drive around so he choose to stay around and pick up a few tips from other racers to be the best/fastest. Working at a gas station with men who have no girlfriends would just make him want to leave even more...
May 11, 2012 3:11 AM

Jun 2008
So the old man wasn't the only one?O_O New guy she was sleeping around in this one. Damn! how many had a piece i wonder? So she was a complete whore? I thought she just had the old guy as a wallet and didn't just went with anyone but it seems that she was sleeping with just about anyone for a few bucks. Probably half the school had a piece of that ass.
What's next? He marries her and discovers her AV videos a few years later? By now i wouldn't be surprised if she made a few of those too.
Hey, look at the good side, at least she's gonna be good in bed. ^_^
Anyway she at least seems honest on staying loyal to him, if he accepts her i ain't gonna judge, it's his heart and if he loves her he can't just switch it off. Also i guess everyone deserves a second chance and we don't even know her family situation and stuff. She certainly doesn't seem like she can live without doing some kind of job so maybe her conditions weren't easy.

Truth be told this movie was kind of boring. The only good point was the fight with that MR2 and only during the race since the built-up to the fight didn't make me very excited.

MonadMay 11, 2012 3:30 AM
Aug 23, 2012 10:58 PM

Aug 2011
"she looks kinda like a homeless woman" lmao..
Dec 11, 2012 2:35 AM

Oct 2009
Okay, Miki, we got our lesson: next time, tint your glasses.
SerhiykoMay 7, 2013 12:15 AM
Mar 7, 2013 11:28 PM

Jun 2011
I kinda feel bad for Mogi, and Initial D kinda made long distance relationship impossible -.- imo It's actually better to have a long distance relationship in Initial D for some of the guys, i.e. Takumi and Itsuki, so that they can focus on what they have set to do, so isn't it for the better? I wonder, why it won't work..?
Honobono Log - best slice of life short
--------------------------------------------
most kawaii loli overlord
----------------------------
Donquixote Doflamingo AMV - Control
May 4, 2013 12:58 PM

Jul 2008
Kinda hoping Takumi will eventually just move on to another girl, but not expecting it. This anime has been able to suprise me a couple of times before, though.

Also
>'I don't have any money'
>Goes to the store to buy a racing magazine and videotape

Jun 12, 2013 12:00 AM

Jul 2011
Erm, am I the only one that interpreted that as they just broke off their relationship? (Distance, etc.) I know he doesn't end up with Mogi

I cannot take a character (or people?) seriously when they refer to themselves in third character. Disliked Mogi.

The battles were a bit rushed. But I still enjoyed it. Can't get enough of that music either. XD
Jun 12, 2013 4:38 AM

Oct 2009
MM-Rosiie said:
I know he doesn't end up with Mogi

How do you know that?
Aug 2, 2013 7:43 PM

Nov 2011
Hmm...ending scenes were cute I guess. But anyways, I'll rate this movie 7/10 with the romance development and some of the more intense scenes during the middle half regarding racing.

OST remains strong as ever ofc not that I'm surprised by that.
Nov 10, 2013 7:36 PM

Apr 2012
Very good movie. Battles weren't very intense compared to the previous Stages, but there is only so much you can build up in 1h40. Got to admire the work put in the CG for the time. 2D incrustation in the CG was also very smooth.

For me the best parts were the daily life ones. The animation in the highschool is great, the Christmas sequence had neat Mogi, Bunta and Itsuki moments. And let's not forget the graduation and its aftermath. Character development is the highlight of this movie. Takumi makes up with Mogi, goes to her rescue, they finally get closer but their newly discovered dreams pull them apart.

I don't see anything wrong with Mogi's behaviour to be honest, she acts in a very Japanese way, like not making a scandal in your workplace. Sure she whored a little, but she realized it wasn't normal (she says so in Second Stage), and love saved her. Being young is about making mistakes and correcting them.
EratiKNov 10, 2013 7:46 PM
Jan 3, 2014 1:23 AM

Jun 2008
Why do you people call her a whore? You can't really tell if she had sex with them for money, maybe the old guy with Mercedes just wanted a company (I thought it was her dad at first LOL)?
Jan 3, 2014 6:05 AM

Oct 2009
Dizzee said:
You can't really tell if she had sex with them for money, maybe the old guy with Mercedes just wanted a company (I thought it was her dad at first LOL)?

It was pretty obvious to me that their relations were merely platonic. The case is she still met with him for money, and he wasn't the only one (also Miki at the very least). But I personally am on your side: calling her a whore is a little bit harsh
Aug 3, 2014 6:23 PM

Feb 2013
Most of the races were too rushed. They didn't have the suspense that the previous seasons had. The exception being the race with the MR2 (that race was really great!) and the snow-rescue race.

On the plus side, the non-races were rushed too. But that stuff dragged too much in the series, so I'm glad it went faster in the movie.
Nov 18, 2014 4:25 PM

Jun 2012
Not as awesome as the previous two stages but it was still great. Im expecting great things out of 4th stage since Takumi will be with the two coolest characters in the show Ryosuke and Keisuke.
Nov 28, 2014 7:56 PM

Jun 2014
Monad said:
So the old man wasn't the only one?O_O New guy she was sleeping around in this one. Damn! how many had a piece i wonder?

that dude doesnt fvck Mogi in the past, that's the dude that Takumi beaten up when he's planning to fvck Mogi

its safe to say that the only man that fvcked Mogi was that old man
i wonder who won in that last battle
7 - 1 for that rape attempt so 6/10 overall

Jan 17, 2015 4:52 PM

Aug 2014
I feel that the races lacked proper build up like the previous seasons had. It was pretty much "Hey let's race". "Ok meet me on the road tomorrow." Seems the races weren't really the focal point of this movie and more the relationship between Mogi and Takumi.

I wouldn't really call Mogi a whore either. Seems she would go on dates with the older guy as more of a company than something sexual. The other dude was actually shown in a flashback from the first season when Takumi thought with him when he was talking shit about Mogi. It's not like she was sleeping with every guy who asked. I wish they would touch on why she actually needed the money so much to date a grown up for it though. Was she in a financial crises or was doing it for easy bucks?

Overall a good movie though not as great as the previous 2 stages which is to be expected since there is so much you can fit into a movie compared to 2 full length series.
Jan 31, 2015 4:52 AM

Feb 2008
Come on, Takumi, you can do better than a prostitute. Even if she is trying to improve herself, it doesn't change the fact that she willingly jumped in the car of one of her former sexbuddies and nearly got herself raped in the process. She's a bomb ticking away.
Feb 17, 2015 3:23 AM

Aug 2010
Great movie. I am glad that Mogi and Takumi worked things out
Apr 1, 2015 10:59 AM

Mar 2012
Great movie, enjoyed it more than the Second Stage. Hope Takumi doesn't end up with Mogi later on >_>
May 7, 2015 12:37 AM

Oct 2013
Good movie. The races were hurt a little by them being so much shorter, but the race with Bunta's rival's son was great. It felt more like a race between Bunta and his rival rather than Takumi and his rival's son, which was interesting.

People really seem to hate Mogi here. Honestly, I think her character developed very well. I'm generally a pretty forgiving person, so that probably has something to do with it, but if you realize you fucked up and your trying your hardest to make up for it, why not get a second chance? Sure, she was pretty stupid getting into the car with Miike (I think that's how you spell his name lol), but she didn't do it because she was still a whore. She really isn't the greatest character ever, and if her and Takumi don't end up together, that's still ok, but I think she's a lot better than some people make her up to be.

I actually think the animation took a bit of a dive from the last season, which is crazy considering this is movie compared to a 13 episode series. Then again, DEEN adapted the movie this time around, so it's not that surprising. And of course the music is gonna be great still.
May 26, 2015 8:45 AM

Jan 2015
Decent overall. The midway battle was very good. Theother ones not that much. And the Mogi drama pissed me off. Hated that white knight move too.

Dizzee said:
Why do you people call her a whore? You can't really tell if she had sex with them for money, maybe the old guy with Mercedes just wanted a company (I thought it was her dad at first LOL)?

Read the manga, there are even H-scenes of it (albeit light ones)
She was most definitely a whore. And now there's even a second guy...

To you people rooting for her and whatnot, look at the scenes where she is lamenting in her bedroom after Takumi learned the truth in second season. She kept repeating "How did he find out ?", not "What have I done ?". That's pretty revealing of her character.

Plus, even if she does regret it now, that doesn't change much. She fucked up. She should stop pushing her egotistical whims on Takumi and leave him alone.

Hopefully now that they'll be apart, they'll stop seeing each other, and we won't hear about her again.
HapHazrDMay 26, 2015 12:40 PM
Jan 21, 2016 3:49 AM

Jun 2009
i thought the movie was alright. initial d is definitely better suiited to a series format.

part of my 31 day anime challenge.
loghneckbeardJan 21, 2016 3:54 AM
Mar 6, 2016 2:08 PM
Nov 2014
Meh, wasn't a fan of the movie. That annoying whore ruined it for me. I hope we don't see her ugly face again.
May 17, 2016 4:21 PM

May 2012
Quite a solid movie I must say, the great balance between the racing and romance aspects where pretty good!

What did bother me where the various inconsistencies with the flashbacks.

I'm glad he pretty much won all the races, and those were really intense! The whole thing with Mogi finally got cleared but well she still remains a whore in my eyes, at least she was honest about it being one.

That said, in general this was a pretty good movie and would've been a good closure for the series, but I'm glad we've got more season behind the corner, so let's see what the next season will have to offer!
May 19, 2016 7:11 PM
Dec 2014
Nice movie,I like the snow race but I was hoped more information about Takumi mother.
Sep 1, 2016 4:03 AM
Nov 2014
R.I.P. suspension against that MR2.

I really liked that things turned out well with natsuki, because I always had that feeling that she's a good but naive girl, she deserved a good outcome.

I'd also like to know more about takumis mother - at least his father is a really interesting person IMO.

And that guy who was trying to rape natsuki - that car he was driving, should that be a supra? Kinda curious because it llooked similar but the supras are rear wheel drive and the looks are different..
Sep 2, 2016 10:48 AM

Oct 2009
Mahatma_Andi said:
And that guy who was trying to rape natsuki - that car he was driving, should that be a supra? Kinda curious because it llooked similar but the supras are rear wheel drive and the looks are different..

Wiki says it was Toyota Celica GT-Four. It's no wonder they look similar, since it's a model of Toyota Celica, and Toyota Supra (once called Toyota Celica Supra) had its styling derived from Toyota Celica
Sep 11, 2016 2:47 AM
Nov 2014
Serhiyko said:
Mahatma_Andi said:

Wiki says it was Toyota Celica GT-Four. It's no wonder they look similar, since it's a model of Toyota Celica, and Toyota Supra (once called Toyota Celica Supra) had its styling derived from Toyota Celica

Knew I've seen the car before! Played it at the older sega rally arcade game, or at least a similar looking car.
Sep 15, 2016 7:31 AM

Jun 2015
Really enjoyable movie.
Oct 5, 2016 5:20 PM
Ceasefire NOW

Aug 2009
Whew... a lot of stuff packed in one movie.

On to the next stage!
Nov 3, 2016 8:24 AM
Nov 2009
YESSS finally Mogi is gone. Hopefully the next seasons will have less romance and more car action.
Nov 24, 2016 1:51 AM

Oct 2009
The movie was great. It makes me smile how 3d cars and eurobeat hasn't bored me. Must be all that energy from the frantic races and the high beat music ahah.

And it really surprises me all the hate Mogi is getting here. She never bothered me before. Yes, she was a prostitute but only with the old man and even so, she was cutting relationship with him to stay with Takumi. Too bad things didn't worked between those two since Takumi choose racing over her, but at least that whole thing helped Mogi to become a better person and now she works serving burgers and french fries on mcdonalds. Wait... I don't know if call that an improvement

Vrrrrroooooooommmm!
Jan 16, 2017 2:21 AM

Oct 2012
Takumi is blushing because of Takahashi Ryousuke.. Whhaat? xD

That luck, leaves are OP! 0_0
Everyone deserves a second chance.. Not sure if I'm going to do that

"No money" went to bookstore to buy some books

Night kids? More like Tsundere kids.. again those two.. You guys are friends, admit it already! xD

This is a really interesting movie
Didn't expect to be this interesting, wow :D
"Signature removed"
Apr 26, 2017 6:09 PM
Apr 2017
Serhiyko said:
Dizzee said:
You can't really tell if she had sex with them for money, maybe the old guy with Mercedes just wanted a company (I thought it was her dad at first LOL)?

It was pretty obvious to me that their relations were merely platonic. The case is she still met with him for money, and he wasn't the only one (also Miki at the very least). But I personally am on your side: calling her a whore is a little bit harsh

I remember a scene where "Papa" asked Mogi why she looks happy and Mogi replied that she is like going to the beach with her "female friends" (she lied that she is going with Takumi when "Papa" asked her).

and then "Papa" proposed that he will buy her a swimsuit because he wanted to see her in a swimsuit. Mogi said she already bought one and "besides he already seen more than that"
Jun 20, 2017 7:23 AM

Jan 2014
jacobpaige said:
large parts of this movie were pure torture, I really don't want him to wind up with Mogi. I only tolerated her before we found out she was a whore. playing the victim here doesn't change the fact that she was cheating on him for money. especially when she willing got into the car with someone she already knew was bad news.

I really wish he'd just pick someone better, like the navigator for the sil80. or some new girl we haven't met yet. hell, even Ryosuke would be better than Mogi, and I'm definitely not a yaoi fan.

well she was doing that from the beginning and its not like they where officially dating as i see it, just because they kissed doesnt mean they are dating
Sonic X is basically an isekai
Feb 10, 2018 9:55 AM

May 2014
The races didn't have a proper build-up and weren't as exciting as in 1st and 2nd stage. The CGI was nice, though.
Sep 5, 2018 6:14 PM

Sep 2011
This was really fast-paced and I think it would've worked better as a season, but even though there were still some distasteful things, I still loved all of the plot progression here, it was fast-paced, sure, but it still felt way better than the previous two seasons.

Takumi and Mogi's situation is pretty much solved, and I loved it, it wasn't easy, at first he was still ignoring her like a kid, but she didn't gave up and stood her ground until he listened to her, and he faced his own feelings too, and both of them were able to honestly say that they like each other. That shared christmas night was so beautiful too, I'm glad his father did the right thing and invited her in, that handmade eight-six keychain was so cute too, and Takumi loved it. I didn't like how she was sexually harassed, slapped, and almost raped by that guy, I was really glad when Takumi got to her, and it's a pity he didn't get to punch him again, he deserved it, and also to be reported to the police.

Takumi's relationship with the Takahashi Brothers is getting deeper too, I just loved how he blushed after Ryousuke gave him his number, and said that he wanted to talk to him after, no matter your sexuality, if someone that hot approaches you, of course you're going to feel nervous. lol And Keisuke too, his meeting with Takumi during that sunrise was also great, these brothers really caught Takumi's attention and vice versa, and they have a lot to learn together so I'm glad that he's going to be part of Ryousuke's team, his dream of leaving a legend behind is pretty feasible with them working together.

Also there were many races here, I didn't like the matter-of-factly manner in which he defeated that emperor guy, they were really annoying at the second season, and now they just felt like a pebble in the way. But that race against the son of his father's former rival was better, and there were more emotions riding on it too, I liked it! Just as I liked his race with Ryousuke at the end, we don't even got to know who won because just like Keisuke said, it wasn't what was important there, they were just racing with everything they got. I also loved how I got to see a bit of Mako again, and sorry (not sorry) Iketani, but you deserved to feel the loss like you did on that christmas day.

That ending sequence was really good too, everyone is doing their best in order to achieve their goals, and I hope they succeed, it's the first time I feel this emotionally invested with Initial D, after two seasons that were pretty much a letdown, this movie was a pleasant surprise, I hope it only gets better.
Jan 3, 2019 2:49 PM

Feb 2012
At 1:00:14 I was like "Takumi's gonna use the technique, isn't he?".

Novels I have read/am reading pending approval: since November 10 2022
Jun 18, 2019 11:26 AM
Apr 2016
Honestly, I think the pace was a little too fast, would've preferred this to be like a 10~ episode anime. A lot happened, Takumi got over his loss against that guy, by beating him, in a way, eh, Takumi wasn't satisfied with the victory. The situation between him and Mogi was scary, Takumi managed to save her before that guy did something terrible to her. Seems like she and Takumi are parting ways now, due to Takumi finding his dream - becoming a professional driver! Damn, can't wait to start on the next season...
Jun 30, 2019 4:01 PM

Nov 2016
This pretty much felt like a really fast paced one cour series, but rather in a good sense. Great development for Takumi, even tho his relationship with Natsuki went south.

Still not quite as good as the previous Stages.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Aug 27, 2019 10:27 AM

Dec 2013
I liked the races but damn if the parts with Mogi weren't cheesy as fuck. Come on just let him break up with her and stop giving us this shitty romance. Let Takumi hook up with Sayako or someone else.
Oct 20, 2019 4:48 PM
Nov 2013
Bye bye Mogi, have a good sex with EVERY man in Tokyo...

7/10 - it is good, but kinda fast-paced.
Jan 4, 2020 2:29 PM

Jun 2015
AlexSadist-sama said:
Personally, I thought instead of Mogi relying on Takumi to save her from that rapist pervert, she should've just kicked him in the balls and escape.
That's what panic does to you. It's hard to and not encouraged to react.
Jan 4, 2020 2:54 PM

Jun 2015
One thing that annoyed me a bit in this movie was the chromatic aberration.
They managed to compress several manga volumes into a feature film, but it didn't seem as rushed as I thought it would. That and the animation quality you could only get in movies make this a solid 8/10 for me.
Mar 28, 2020 5:34 PM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Very good movie, it was really entertaining, the races were great especially the chase on the snowy mountains.
I hate how Mogi was so cute because what she did is unforgivable, good thing that she's gone.
8/10
May 15, 2020 5:24 PM
Feb 2016
I actually really liked the Mogi stuff. She's not the typical romance lead. She reminds me of a bit of Haru from Beastars. Takumi deserves better but it's cool to see Takumi change Mogi for the better.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.