Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Dec 22, 2016 4:22 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Wow, Yayaka.... That was pretty damn intense. This Pure Illusion world is just so filled with traps.

Interesting to see a bit of more the mech action this episode. Mimi's state of being kinda scares me though, she doesn't seem normal like usual. Good to see Papika and Cocona reunite again.
Stark700Dec 22, 2016 7:32 AM
Dec 22, 2016 4:28 AM

Nov 2013
This episode.
Holy fuckin shit, it's great.

Do not forget. M U S C L E.
GethemalotDec 22, 2016 4:36 AM
Dec 22, 2016 5:32 AM

Jul 2016
The very final 30 seconds or so of this episode was kind of weak, but otherwise a very strong episode. Sad that we didn't get to go back to my favourite worlds (the MariMite esque and the millions-of-Papikas), but I guess that makes sense. I think Mimi's evil side has been defeated, but in doing so that might have defeated both sides :(

M.U.S.C.L.E. looked great but was ultimately useless. Nyunyu is still useless, though I'm glad her offensive outfit didn't see too much of the spotlight.

I honestly have no idea where the next episode is going to take us. I imagine the plot only has a little bit to handle - that is, ELPSIS.

In terms of characters, well, Yayaka basically confessed her feelings for Cocona, Cocona confessed her feelings for Papika, Papika admitted she's loved Cocona since she was born so that ship might have sunk. But then again, their outfits at the end looked a lot like wedding dresses, and the hand holding once they transformed looked like something out of several different marriage rituals so who knows?

I am holding out for the final episode giving us some canon yuri!
SpaceWhalesDec 22, 2016 5:43 AM
Dec 22, 2016 6:49 AM

Jan 2015
Both Yayaka ad Papika still working their way to get Cocona back. Even when it means they have to meet with Mimi and then encounter more and more traps.
[url=http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Mascera&sclick=1]convert gambar online
Dec 22, 2016 6:56 AM
*hug noises*

May 2013
I still honestly have no idea how this anime is going to end lol
Dec 22, 2016 7:04 AM

Dec 2011
B-M-96 said:
I think Mimi's evil side has been defeated, but in doing so that might have defeated both sides :(

Don't think so, that was just the robot from episode 8 they defeated.
Dec 22, 2016 7:19 AM
Mar 2016
This anime deserve more love.

I hope unexpected story for final episode.
Dec 22, 2016 7:24 AM

Aug 2015
Now this is my favorite episode of the series besides episode 6 they missed some of the Pure Illusions though. Yayaka finally came to her resolve on what she truly wants and in return..... Magical Girl Transformation!. The Yayaka v Welwiwhatchacallit battle was badass. I'm excited yet wondering about the ending of this show, this is no doubt MY AOTY, and the storyboard preview looks cool.

SeijiroUshioDec 22, 2016 7:33 AM
Dec 22, 2016 7:27 AM

May 2012
B-M-96 said:
But then again, their outfits at the end looked a lot like wedding dresses, and the hand holding once they transformed looked like something out of several different marriage rituals so who knows?

I thought they looked like wedding dresses as well. Maybe they'll end up at Tokyo Disneyland like these lovely ladies:

I still don't see the point of Nyunyu. Has she contributed to the plot at all?

And who would have thought Hidaka is actually Mikisugi Aikurou in disguise!
SeijiSenseiDec 22, 2016 7:30 AM
Dec 22, 2016 7:37 AM

Nov 2014
Best girl returned!

This episode was a little crowded, and the love was laid on kinda thick, but so what. I'm having so much fun with this show that logic doesn't matter.

5/5
Dec 22, 2016 7:38 AM

Jan 2015
That was something else
Dec 22, 2016 8:01 AM
Jan 2011
HaXXspetten said:

Judging from the preview:

Next episode is going to be be a merge of 25th and 26th episode and it is going to be completely different from the preview. It will show the final sequence of events from inside Papika's head, focusing on the psychoanalysis. People are going to complain and two years later a movie will be released retelling the events in all their visual glory. It is going to be split in two standalone movies with credits rolling in the middle. The respective parts will be called "The End of Flip" and "The End of Flap".

I.e., multiple amorphous child battle confirmed.

The promised time has come.
Dec 22, 2016 8:03 AM

Jan 2010
Boop that switch! Seeing Bu transform like took me by surprise, and more so after seeing Hidaka's eyes! But I think Yayaka stood the most. In terms of design, I personally prefer her Flip Flapping over Papika and Cocona. And her apology? How sentimental and I wish Cocona could have heard it. Too bad the number one in her heart is Papika.

A little disappointed that Papika didn't do anything, but it gave way to Yayaka's reflection over her friendship with Cocona.
And also a little disappointed that Mimi was that cliche mother-knows-best antagonist
but has this double side to her and breaks Cocona out of her mother's manipulation.
Tbh, Yayaka did more of the saving this episode than Papika/Cocona's real kind-hearted mother.
Otherwise, I'm more than pleased to see the return of the different Pure Illusions and the monsters.

There are still some ambiguous things that have not gotten clarified.
1: What is up with Salt and that brown haired chick [I forgot her name]? They've had some cameos together and I feel like that didn't put those in there for no reason..
2: That confession and mutual love between Cocona and Papika? Was that canonical romantic love? Did they just confirm that the love is romantic and reciprocated? I mean, it proceeded with wedding-like outfits?
Hmm.. maybe these two questions will be all clear next episode.

I think that's the problem with this episode. I think there was too much information thrown at us, a bunch of random pieces of alotted time (like Hidaka's bishounen eyes transitioning into Bu turning into M.U.S.C.L.E). I think it was comic relief but because there was so much information/events going on it felt like there were things left out.

Excited for the finale! Flip Flapping is coming to an end. Hope to see a big Boss fight with all three of our Flip Flappers!
Last chance for them to clear up as much of their ambiguity as possible! And hopefully reconcile the friendship between Yayaka and Cocona.
cottonpieDec 22, 2016 11:34 AM
Dec 22, 2016 8:29 AM
Apr 2016
i just watched and oh my fucking god i've never been so happy. i wonder how they're gonna wrap this all up in just 24 minutes with a the plot lines they've made and all the unanswered questions there are
Dec 22, 2016 8:38 AM

May 2014
sspit said:

Next episode is going to be be a merge of 25th and 26th episode and it is going to be completely different from the preview. It will show the final sequence of events from inside Papika's head, focusing on the psychoanalysis. People are going to complain and two years later a movie will be released retelling the events in all their visual glory. It is going to be split in two standalone movies with credits rolling in the middle. The respective parts will be called "The End of Flip" and "The End of Flap".

I understood this reference.
Dec 22, 2016 8:56 AM

Aug 2015
sspit said:
HaXXspetten said:

I'll pay for that if it happens.
Dec 22, 2016 8:56 AM

Sep 2014
Love and friendship win guys.
You don't have be lonely and afraid all the time. Accept others, live your own life.
Flip Flappers AOTY
Congrats on the marriage.

NeromonDec 22, 2016 9:10 AM
Dec 22, 2016 9:02 AM

Jul 2016

This happens next episode or riot
Dec 22, 2016 9:05 AM

Dec 2014
Yayaka and the robot's transformations are pretty damn cool. And it was nice seeing some of the previous worlds again.

I want this show to end on a good note, but who knows really?
Dec 22, 2016 9:15 AM

Sep 2014
Burger-Meister said:

What do you mean? It's already a happy ending at this point and it resolved the central conflict and tied everything well to its themes. All that's left is explaining some loose plot stuff which don't even matter much to me.
Dec 22, 2016 9:20 AM

Nov 2010
This episode was a disaster, I hope the last one doesn't disappoint.
Dec 22, 2016 9:31 AM
Former AMQ God

Sep 2014
Weird ending scene.

Yayaka transforming, fucking amazing :D

Also Hidaka has beautiful eyes, damn.
Dec 22, 2016 9:48 AM

Feb 2014
Time to hit the central theme of the show onto the audience's heads. Still, this episode flew by as if it was just 5 mins long.
Now that crazy Mimi has been defeat, I have no idea what's going to happen in the remaining episode, or how they'll end the show.
Dec 22, 2016 10:04 AM

Mar 2011
Well, that was crazy, but I don't think that was the end of evil Mimi.
I really want to see how this story ends.
Dec 22, 2016 10:15 AM

Jan 2009
Yayaka flip flapping transformed
Yayaka best girl of the show
Dec 22, 2016 10:24 AM

Jun 2015
Yayaka's and the robot's new transformation is very cool. Mimi has gotten more crazy now.
Dec 22, 2016 10:43 AM

Dec 2014
Neromon said:
Burger-Meister said:

What do you mean? It's already a happy ending at this point and it resolved the central conflict and tied everything well to its themes. All that's left is explaining some loose plot stuff which don't even matter much to me.

Basically what I mean is that I don't want the ending to be shit.
Dec 22, 2016 10:49 AM

Aug 2015
Vhailor said:
Time to hit the central theme of the show onto the audience's heads. Still, this episode flew by as if it was just 5 mins long.
Now that crazy Mimi has been defeat, I have no idea what's going to happen in the remaining episode, or how they'll end the show.

She just flew away due to the combined Papika x Cocona punch, I think they will reserve the bad side of Mimi getting defeated next episode.
Dec 22, 2016 11:01 AM

Jan 2009
sspit said:
HaXXspetten said:

stop the Evangelion meme already lol
Dec 22, 2016 11:03 AM

Jun 2014
This was atrocious. The plot is a legitimate joke, a disaster. I think things simply fell apart and now they don't even care anymore. And I thought Taboo Tatoo was a mess, whoever is doing the script is a hack.
:3
Dec 22, 2016 11:40 AM

Sep 2014
Burger-Meister said:
Neromon said:

Basically what I mean is that I don't want the ending to be shit.

Well my point was that the show has already said what it wanted to say and has resolved Cocona's character arc which is the most important thing so there's not much more left to be worried about.
Dec 22, 2016 12:08 PM

Jun 2014
So did I miss something or papika's childification is still unexplained?
Dec 22, 2016 12:32 PM

Feb 2013
Neromon said:
Love and friendship win guys.
You don't have be lonely and afraid all the time. Accept others, live your own life.
Flip Flappers AOTY
Congrats on the marriage.

Not really, the relation after Papika's regained her memories is basically a auntie/niece in a way because she's older than Cocona..
Dec 22, 2016 12:40 PM

Feb 2013
Thai777 said:
So did I miss something or papika's childification is still unexplained?

It's probably hinted with Papika in that cage in Pure Illusion.
Dec 22, 2016 1:03 PM

Aug 2015
I still don't know what to think about this episode, or the last few episodes too for that matter, but I noticed the next episode preview is all made up of sketches that they're probably using for the storyboard, or maybe they've already been used, or maybe they've already been scrapped, I don't know...
Anyway, among those I found... this thing:

yeah
Dec 22, 2016 2:25 PM

Oct 2012
Not sure yet on how Papika reverted to a child but it was probably being hinted when it showed her naked, young and imprisoned. Hope they address that next ep.

Dr Hidaka actually has normal eyes under those thick lenses, that was nice to see.
Yayaka finally FlipFlapped although it might take me a little bit to get accustomed to her transformed design. Like her abilities and color palette but the action seemed a little less fluid this ep, not that I'm complaining.
Seeing Yayaka's emotions this ep was spectacular, her smile was really worth it.

Mimi probably isn't dead yet, and I hope she isn't because she seemed a tad lackluster this ep, not to sound snooty or critical because I did like the ep overall but she seemed a little off this ep, but we still have another ep so maybe I'm jumping to conclusions.

Also, let's "Boop that switch~" Hidaka is so fun to watch xD
Let me see for Sayuri!!!!!!
gust11Dec 22, 2016 2:36 PM
"If I don't have to do it, I won't. If I have to do it, I'll make it quick."
- Oreki Houtarou
Dec 22, 2016 2:31 PM

Jan 2012
Kind of a world tour of previously seen locales this week. Papika, Cocona and Yayaka all got shining moments. And now, only the finale remains!
Dec 22, 2016 2:41 PM

Oct 2013
Only one more episode of the Electric Cocona and Papika Acid Trip. I have to re-watch this once concluded just to absorb it all again.
Dec 22, 2016 2:45 PM

Mar 2008
Yayaka Transforms and becomes Magical Girl 3! It seems Mimi has some kind of split or something, an evil spirit took her wish and corrupted it, maybe? Exciting to see where this episode goes next.
My Channel Anime Reviews, Unboxings and More
Drak Shadow For LetsPlays and Movie Vlogs
Dec 22, 2016 3:07 PM

Dec 2016
Thank you Yayaka for finally sharing your true feelings with us.

I wonder what this thing that Salt is trying to get? Most likely find out next week in the final episode.
Dec 22, 2016 3:16 PM
Unfortunate One

Jul 2016
I feel like this would make a pretty entertaining video game. The mom feels like and end game boss, lol. I'd definitely play it.

Dec 22, 2016 3:17 PM
Unfortunate One

Jul 2016
LukesYGOonYT said:
Thank you Yayaka for finally sharing your true feelings with us.

I wonder what this thing that Salt is trying to get? Most likely find out next week in the final episode.

I thought the ELPIS was the big tube thing that Salt's dad got in and turned him crazy. Though I'm not sure what Salt is going to do with it once he has it.

Dec 22, 2016 4:25 PM
Dec 2016
alpha_shadow said:
This was atrocious. The plot is a legitimate joke, a disaster. I think things simply fell apart and now they don't even care anymore. And I thought Taboo Tatoo was a mess, whoever is doing the script is a hack.

I'm actually kind of feeling this same feeling. This episode did not feel like Flip Flappers at all. I can look past the mediocre animation and the choppy fight scenes, but the pacing of this episode sucked. It was all over the place, and there was nothing to appreciate or get hyped about. I only really enjoyed the Yayaka transformation sequence.
Dec 22, 2016 5:44 PM

Jun 2013
So Mimi sends Yayaka and Papika into the depths of Pure Illusion where they go to the dangerous places they visited before. The weird desert land, the cage and lava (or whatever place), the neon land. And it seems that these dangerous whatevers were Mimi's traps. Mimi uses them to try and defeat Yayaka and Papika. And Yayaka transforms after being pushed down by the weird looking loli. I like her outfit. She becomes honest with her feelings for Cocona and admits out loudly that Cocona is important to her and she isn't her friend because she was told to become so.

Mimi is an overprotective mother here. But this isn't what Mimi really wanted. This is one part of her which wants to protect Cocona. The other part of her wanted Cocona to live a free life and make decisions for herself. But Cocona was indecisive and wouldn't make big decisions for herself, fearing a screw up. And the part of Mimi who wanted Cocona to live freely, tells her to be honest with herself and make decisions herself now. And Cocona confesses her feelings to Papika and they connect to get powers despite Mimi taking away the amorphous powers.

I thought Nyunyu would have a bigger role, but she just joined the good guys just like that. Lol when Buu got that random upgrade and then it turned out to be pretty useless. I liked how they brought back all those places they went to in Pure Illusion. They revisited those places and the weird dangerous loli still remembers Yayaka which shows that these are completely different worlds and not all under Mimi's control as the last part where the transformation is finished by Mimi might suggest.

So what is Salt planning on doing? Is that the same device which allows entry into Pure illusion on a subconscious level (the one that his dad used)? Is he trying to enter Pure Illusion to try and stop Mimi? Cocona and Papika are already on it. So is he trying to reverse what Mimi is doing or is he trying to lock out Pure Illusion (if it's possible)?

Now onto the grand finale. For some reason I was thinking that something bad might happen to one of those girls.
Dec 22, 2016 6:31 PM

Jul 2016
I'm still trying to figure out why Papika is appearing as around Cocona's age if she was fully grown before Cocona was born.
Dec 22, 2016 7:09 PM

Aug 2011
episode 13 pure audio? storyboard sketches? looks like we really are following in eva's footsteps of low budget..

all jokes aside, i didn't mind how they went through the pure illusion(s) they've visited. now we wait for the canon yuri i guess. still AOTY though
Dec 22, 2016 7:13 PM

Feb 2015
Best damn show of the season.
Dec 22, 2016 7:18 PM

Apr 2014
an amazing boss rush ep, i loved that they pretty much had to go through all the things they already been through to get to the final boss

but am really looking forward to the final ep also that Yayaka transformation though just sucks it couldnt happen soon cause of how amazing it looked

anyway cant wait for the final ep
"one step at a time"
Dec 22, 2016 8:00 PM

Apr 2009
Yayaka finally gets her Flip Flappers transformation YES

Can't wait to see the ending. The week long wait is gonna kill me.
Dec 22, 2016 8:12 PM

Feb 2016
i Saw Atomsk on that M.U.S.C.L.E transformation haha you know, that useless robot that does nothing and in the end has it meaning lmao
"We could make the world better, but it's easier to just shut our eyes."
~Blackwall
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Flip Flappers Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Oct 6, 2016

213 by Puncheon »»
Sep 11, 2:44 AM

Poll: » Flip Flappers Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Dec 29, 2016

190 by DELLspencer »»
Jul 14, 11:01 AM

» Flip Flappers Taken Off of HiDive!

Pish_Posh - Dec 3, 2023

3 by Bastodon »»
May 21, 6:49 PM

Poll: » Flip Flappers Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Nov 24, 2016

142 by Touka »»
Oct 22, 2023 1:08 PM

Poll: » Flip Flappers Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Oct 13, 2016

143 by Touka »»
Sep 26, 2023 11:30 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.