3It was OK
7.8%
2Disliked it
0.7%
1Hated it
0.0%
Average 4.6
283 votes
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Nov 14, 2013 5:45 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Gotta love the cherry mood of this episode :p

Looks like more family drama in the latter half though. I gotta say Hikari is willing to go quite far.
Stark700Nov 14, 2013 10:19 AM
Nov 14, 2013 8:27 AM

Dec 2011
The ojoshi-sama got destroyed again, by Hikari's dad this time.

So Hikari and Akari are leaving together, huh? I wasn't expecting Hikari to be the first of the four to decide to leave, although I guess his personality is the one that would most lean that way.

And what was all that about there not being much time?

"There are some things that change even if we don't want them to... But once someone decides they're going to change and work really hard at it I don't think even the Sea God could stop them."
More thoughts from Chisaki on the subject of change. Are we seeing that change happening already?
kuuderes_shadowNov 14, 2013 8:30 AM
There is no such thing as shit taste. Only idiots who think everyone should have the same taste as they do.
Nov 14, 2013 8:34 AM

Sep 2012
The adults are just no better than the little kids in terms of controlling emotion and restraining themselves from violence, huh?

And Akari's issue is still unresolved....

This show seems to be one drama after another, and while some smaller ones get resolved, new ones just come, and the bigger ones just linger on and on....
So MAL finally starts locking news threads that are only a few weeks old?

I wonder where was the announcement of this change? Or we are seeing yet another case of changes made that impacted users but not communicated to them?

I wonder how long people would put up with this.

As much as I have a bunch of information to share about anime announced recently I cannot share it in news board, and the anime series is too disorganized and chaotic to share information except with people already interested in the particular series.
Nov 14, 2013 8:45 AM

May 2013
Even when Uroko-sama is trying to stop them, the two won't give up. That show's a lot of resolve from those two. Feel bad for their dad now that he is alone. Can't wait for the next episode.
Nov 14, 2013 10:00 AM

Jun 2012
Is this the same Hikari from episode 1 who was pissed off all the time and extremely prejudiced?
I'll actually feel kind of bad now if baka Manaka NTRs Hikari without even knowing it

Wonder what the Dad's hiding. We're not seeing the whole picture
Nov 14, 2013 10:04 AM
Jul 2012
Well okay. Hikari changed within 7 episodes for the better. I honestly don't know how the pairings will work out now considering I like the whole main cast.
Nov 14, 2013 10:18 AM

Apr 2013
All that hard work by the kids to make Ojoshi, and it ends up being destroyed by the adults' inability to get along with each other.

Pretty cool seeing Uroko-sama's powers. Glad Hikari and Akari's dad asked him to show mercy.
I love how they're both determined to go to the surface.

I wonder who Uroko-sama made they promise to when he said that he had to protect Hikari and Akari because they are "his" descendants.
Nov 14, 2013 10:26 AM

Oct 2013
I was really surprised Hikari's leaving, too. O_O Unexpected.

But finally seeing Uroko-sama's super powers.
Nov 14, 2013 10:49 AM

Apr 2012
I feel a storm coming... Very nice episode with the usual beautiful animation. Not that surprised that Hikari choose to leave with his sister after the elders started fighting.
Nov 14, 2013 11:01 AM

May 2010
heiqi1hu said:
I was really surprised Hikari's leaving, too. O_O Unexpected.

But finally seeing Uroko-sama's super powers.

I know right? o-o
💕
Nov 14, 2013 11:24 AM

Nov 2010
Production value's very high this time
P.A. works really did a great job on this

Hikari leading the festival project was very inspiring to see
The quarrels at the meeting occurs like a vilage-village dispute of all era's
That sea guy smoking there was quite funny to see
As they complain about the pollution to the environment and all

Akari leaving spongebob world wasn't a big surprise, Hikari tagging along does
Uroko casting spells to stop them was a feast to the eyes
The background scenes early on as well
Nov 14, 2013 11:27 AM

Aug 2012
1lau said:

Akari leaving spongebob world wasn't a big surprise, Hikari tagging along does
Uroko casting spells to stop them was a feast to the eyes
The background scenes early on as well

IT'S CALLED BIKINI BOTTOM. *ehem*

that aside, great episode. A lot of developements.
Nov 14, 2013 11:45 AM

Aug 2010
That was a good ep. The amount of drama this ep was just right.

Those adults were so stupid *Face palm*

Akari and Hikari's escape scene with the tornado ice thing was pretty intense. Loved it. Totally didn't expect Hikari to leave too.

I have a feeling I'm really gonna feel bad for the father when they show us his past soon. I'm sure there's gonna be good reason he acts like that.

PV seems interesting...Let's see how Miuna will react to Hikari living with her. This might get complicated. And Chi-chan & Hikari were blushing there too. Can't wait to see what leads to that.
Nov 14, 2013 11:47 AM
Site Admin
Aug 2012
Everytime I see how much Hikari has grown, I really just want to cry for some unknown reason. I love how, even though he's still really jealous over the whole Manaka liking Tsumugu thing, he of all people, wanted to make their wish of having the Ofunehiki come true. Not only that, but he's been putting a whole lot of effort. I really love how he told his father that in the beginning he had thought the the sea people and the land people were different, but in the end they really weren't. At first the kids faced some discrimination at school, but everything is now resolved between the two sides, and they're all friends now. However, the adults on the otherhand is a whole different issue. It's hard for them to get rid of their prejudice against the other group that has been building up for a long time. What a pity that Hikari's father believes that the sea people and the land people will never understand each other.

Anyways, wow, that scene where Hikari and Akari are tring to leave the village, that was really well done, and once again, mesmerizing. I was definitely surprised that Hikari would leave with Akari, I just didn't think much about how he would deal with the conflict with his father over what happened at the meeting.
Nov 14, 2013 12:25 PM

Nov 2010
This episode was pretty good. All that drama between two different 'races'. It was pretty touching when the dad begged for mercy for both of them.
Nov 14, 2013 12:38 PM

Dec 2012
Well I felt down the rest of the episode once they broke the statue and pretty much squandered the efforts of Hikari and the gang. Stupid adults. I especially liked how determined and dedicated Hikari was to making it happen, he's really been growing throughout this series. Wonder what he plans to do on the surface.
Nov 14, 2013 1:00 PM

Aug 2012
Maybe this will teach people to be patient with characters. From the beginning it was obvious Hikari was getting setup to have the most significant development, but barely anybody was anticipating it because he was just such a little prick. Now the hate has slowly disappeared.

That said, his decision to leave did seem sudden. Not that it wasn't justified, since his dad pretty clearly provoked him(from his perspective), but considering his pride for Shioshishio it did seem pretty sudden.

On the surface, that fight between the two cultures does seem cliched and forced, but since they brought in the financial side of it as well as the sense of cultural obligation, I can buy both sides of the argument. The issue is one that needs to be carefully approached to have an impact, but P.A. is handling it pretty well so far.
Nov 14, 2013 1:12 PM
Jan 2011
kuuderes_shadow said:

So Hikari and Akari are leaving together, huh? I wasn't expecting Hikari to be the first of the four to decide to leave, although I guess his personality is the one that would most lean that way.

"There are some things that change even if we don't want them to... But once someone decides they're going to change and work really hard at it I don't think even the Sea God could stop them."
More thoughts from Chisaki on the subject of change. Are we seeing that change happening already?

The ojoshi-sama was not destroyed by Hikari's dad - it was an accident. I think this episode really push the boundaries of animation. I've never seen anything like it!

TQ
Nov 14, 2013 1:26 PM

Dec 2011
KanameFujiwara said:
kuuderes_shadow said:

The ojoshi-sama was not destroyed by Hikari's dad - it was an accident. I think this episode really push the boundaries of animation. I've never seen anything like it!

TQ

It was destroyed, indirectly, by Hikari's dad. It might have been an accident, but that doesn't change how it was destroyed, or who did it.
There is no such thing as shit taste. Only idiots who think everyone should have the same taste as they do.
Nov 14, 2013 1:45 PM
Mar 2013
Oh this episode made me cry a little bit (Mainly when Akari was moving forward, even though the ice was in their way)

Kaname is so hot... if he was real and in high school, I would date him!

I can't decide between Chisaki x Kaname and Chisaki x Tsumugu... I don't like her with Hikari cause Chisaki doesn't deserve him... (Go Manaka x Hikari!)

The tornado was pretty cool and I can't wait for next episode... I hope Manaka will open her eyes and love Hikari already (Though I don't mind Manaka x Tsumugu)
Nov 14, 2013 2:38 PM

Jun 2013
Really good episode,can't wait for next one.
Nov 14, 2013 3:35 PM
Dec 2012
Nice to see a big leap in Hikari's mental growth. At first his heart ached to hear their voices/minds harmonize, but then he took an altruistic action to grant the wish to them. He turned into a cool guy unexpectedly.

Curious to see what the marine deity will do.
Nov 14, 2013 3:40 PM

Feb 2012
Good episode I suppose. This Akari thing is lasting way too long though and it isn't even settled yet. Please can we get an ending to this next episode? I need to see Manaka and the other girl have some fight over Hikari.
“News travels fast in places where nothing much ever happens.” ― Charles Bukowski
Nov 14, 2013 4:02 PM

Feb 2013
So Hikari decides to leave with Akari, he sure changed.
Its so cute how he works hard for the festive thing they are doing for Manaka <3
Fear leads to Anger. Anger leads to Hate. Hate leads to Suffering. (Yoda)
Nov 14, 2013 4:22 PM

Oct 2013
Wind_Sr said:
This Akari thing is lasting way too long though and it isn't even settled yet. Please can we get an ending to this next episode? I need to see Manaka and the other girl have some fight over Hikari.

The main drama about Akari has been resolved - she will be living on the surface. I actually enjoy her as a character in the series, because I think it inflluences Hikaris development quite a lot (in a positive manner).

I really enjoyed this episode. Can't wait for the next one :(
Nov 14, 2013 4:50 PM

Aug 2010
Hikari sure has grown in these 7 episodes. That ending was intense, and nicely animated. That forest of icecorals reminded me of "crystalsong forest" if that's a name to someone.
Also, from the PV:
http://i.imgur.com/pw0eYFX.jpg

Now kiss!
I want Rambo in a mecha-suit with a laser-chainsaw gun that fires nuclear warheads, fighting the love-child of Predator, Alien, a group of Bangladeshi terrorists, and Satan. (Actually that would be a pretty sick show) - StopDropAndBowl
Nov 14, 2013 4:52 PM

Jul 2010
Damn, i didnt think it can get any better, but it did.Seriously, the visuals are just jawdropping at some moments.

Great episode, its awesome to see that Hikari is changing and understanding things more than most of adults.
Nov 14, 2013 4:56 PM

Mar 2012
A kid just cannot solve a long time conflict in short time.

Anyway I understand their decision to leave. And I love how beautiful the animation is when they leave.

And next episode they stay at Miuna home. My shiping sensor already itching to see some Hikari x Miuna momment.
Kickstarter for Rokujouma is fully funded. Good work everyone. Lets wait for the result of our hard work together.
Nov 14, 2013 5:42 PM

Dec 2010
Who are they the descendants of?
Nov 14, 2013 5:51 PM

Jul 2012
Well the father is going to be all alone.

Great episode!!!
Nov 14, 2013 5:57 PM
Oct 2010
Oh, that was an intense ending.

Seems like Uroko-sama really has a good reason to stop them, I gather it's something more than just losing the ena (or whatever it's called)...

Jakerams said:
I honestly don't know how the pairings will work out now considering I like the whole main cast.
It's simple: TsumuguXManaka, KanameXChiaki and DoliconXMiuna
"Against stupidity the gods themselves contend in vain"
Friedrich Schiller
Nov 14, 2013 6:03 PM

Jul 2011
Liked this episode, seems like they hinted to a bigger plot point than all this relationship melodrama. (Not that I'm complaining, I've come to expect melodrama in this show and I'm not very annoyed by it)
Something about Uroko having promised someone he'd protect their descendants, and I'm pretty interested in it since I've been wondering how this show might span itself out for 24 episodes, what with the pace that it goes at.

Just a silly thought though, A few episodes prior Uroko told Akari that he could erase her memories of whatever that guys name was, so if he REALLY wanted to prevent the two from running away from the surface couldn't he use that method?

That family, I think, seems to have a responsibility in particular to stay in the ocean so I wonder if they'll be able to do what they want by the end of the story. In a way I'm kind of rooting for Akari to have to stay. Mostly because It would be unexpected and I'm a heartless monster apparently.
Nov 14, 2013 6:33 PM

Jan 2011
Pknoctis said:
Who are they the descendants of?

The sea god and the sacrificial girl who was first offered to him by the land dwellers. Uroko-sama is actually a detached portion of the sea god who is responsible for looking after the underwater village and its inhabitants. What concerns me is that the various hints being dropped seem to indicate some sort of a catastrophe is about to affect the land above, hence the desire to keep the sea people from forming attachments, or moving to the surface.
Please don't feed the trolls!
In my next life I want to collide at the corner with the cute transfer student
carrying a piece of toast in her mouth
...rodac

Nov 14, 2013 6:35 PM

Aug 2013
Good episode.
"May those who accept their fate be granted happiness."

"May those who defy their fate be granted glory."
Nov 14, 2013 6:55 PM

Jul 2012
I'm kind of confused on he last part with Hikari's dad and Uroko. Why did he say "Have mercy" and why did Uroko ask "Are you sure this is okay?"

Decent episode, but it felt dragged on and had too much angst between the sea people and land people. Anyway, visuals were stunning at the end. Loved the whole ice underwater concept! Great job, A-1 Pics. You topped KyoAni's episode this week.
Nov 14, 2013 7:20 PM

Nov 2012
nice episode
Nov 14, 2013 7:37 PM

Jul 2013
Dat drama, dat animation, Uroko's power at the end, great episode overall.

I admired Hikari for changing a lot in this episode, feeling like he is going to be a likable character now.

Now Akari and Hikari are going to live in the surface now, wonder how they will get through in that situation.

Nov 14, 2013 8:43 PM

Oct 2013
Wind_Sr said:
This Akari thing is lasting way too long though and it isn't even settled yet. Please can we get an ending to this next episode?

The whole point of the Akari arc if you will, is that it's the whole setup for the series. The first few episodes were about introduction of the characters, then her relationship after was meant to spring the plot.

I honestly loved this episode. I'll also admit that Hikari was on my naughty list character wise. I truly didn't expect his development to grow so fast. Can't wait for the next episode.
"A cruel world is not without it's beauty, and many times a select few find it by mistake. Only then do those select few see the world for what it is... A disastrous masterpiece." ~ 7thVoid

"Hates a river that only flows down." ~ 7thVoid
Nov 14, 2013 9:13 PM

Mar 2012
This series just seems to get better and better. I REALLY liked this episode. I'd say it was probably one of my favorite episodes in the series so far.

I think it really goes to show how petty people can be and how unwilling they are to change and compromise. I did see some people saying they are acting just as childish as the kids, which can be true. You can take one good, hard look at American politics to see just how petty and childish adults can act when there are two different sides to an issue (much like here with the sea and land people).
Nov 14, 2013 9:15 PM

Jul 2013
Anime of the season, hands down.

I feel really bad for the sea people, they are going to face extintion soon if people keep acting like Akari. Not that I blame her, but still I was rooting for her to stay... When the surface guys said that the sea woman came to them because they were better it really got me. That must have really hurted their pride.
Nov 14, 2013 10:08 PM

Sep 2012
Hot damn! 24 episodes. I can't wait to see how the story develops.
"whats so special about bonzai trees?"
"They are the loli of the tree world."

Inganock of the Brightest Flame
Nov 14, 2013 10:35 PM

Oct 2013
the adults committed a great stupidity :facepalm:
good episode, this anime is accompanied by a good story, beautiful animation and environment design.
the Akari and Hikari's escape... wow!

Nov 14, 2013 10:58 PM

Aug 2013
Damn Uroko really has super powers. Kinda sad seeing them fail to do the Ofunehiki.
Great episode!
Nov 15, 2013 12:25 AM

Nov 2010
Those adults are bunch of kids.
Nov 15, 2013 12:47 AM

Oct 2013
nice episode. the plot is becoming more and more entangled.
Nov 15, 2013 3:54 AM

Feb 2012
I feel sad now.
Nov 15, 2013 4:31 AM

Sep 2012
when the sea god said he must protect them because 'they are his descendents' was he referring to the actual sea god he merely represents? i sense some serious foreshadowing

and holy hell that animation.
Nov 15, 2013 5:20 AM

Jan 2012
Aaah poor dad ^^' he looked pretty sad...
And why is even Hikari leaving ><
Nov 15, 2013 8:46 AM

Oct 2011
T____________________________T
Nov 15, 2013 9:00 AM

Sep 2011
"Uroko-sama! Why are you stopping us?"

"Because of a promise"
"I have to protect you both as you are his descendants."

I'm also thinking that Uroko-sama made the promise with the Sea God
BUT all of the sea people are the Sea God's and the Sacrifice's descendants right?
Well, Hikari's dad may be the Chief Priest for a reason. Their lineage is special I guess. Are they direct descendants or something? Purebloods? lol I don't know.

and protect from what? the surface people? the land? from a future event?

Anyway, lots of foreshadowing and questions.
Don't tell me this will turn into a Shinsekai Yori twist. o.O
joori_StrawberryNov 15, 2013 9:50 AM
pew pew pew
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Nagi no Asukara Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Dec 5, 2013

203 by Baskarite »»
Yesterday, 2:15 PM

» Your emotions throughout?

sorames - Jun 8, 2023

13 by Hashiriya_weeb87 »»
Jul 17, 8:15 AM

» The ending (spoilers)

solele - Jul 13, 2021

14 by Silveredge7 »»
Jul 15, 2:23 AM

Poll: » Nagi no Asukara Episode 26 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 3, 2014

653 by EsieEyen »»
Jun 25, 5:44 PM

Poll: » Nagi no Asukara Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 20, 2014

432 by CrimsonMidnight »»
Jun 24, 5:06 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.