3It was OK
7.3%
2Disliked it
2.0%
1Hated it
3.0%
Average 4.5
954 votes
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (11) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Aug 2, 2014 7:53 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Oh so there's a preliminaries ..for this tournament.

>Kirito
>Male
That didn't take long for Sinon to find out. Tbh, he deserved that bitch slap. Kirito went Jedi with his proton swords after all this episode. I'm kinda curious to see Death Gun's skills here.
Aug 2, 2014 7:55 AM

Jul 2013
HAHA Sinon found out about Kirito's gender XD. Ah well he can't keep hiding it forever. Well he had a nice view when she begin to change.

Oh Sh** that match was great, but felt it was too fast. Nice sword skills you got there.

Oh man Death Gun. Felt like I'm hearing Darth Vader again. Looks like he remembers him from the Laughing Coffin.

Aug 2, 2014 7:56 AM

Oct 2013
The episode was well done. Smooth animation. Finally some action scenes, And of course, the awaited locker room scene. After learning that Kirito is a male, Sinon became all serious. She's better off smiling. But not like this smile
That's a bit creepy. Kirito is pretty funny when he met Spiegel. He's having a bit of fun teasing Sinon.
Darth VaderDeath Gun showed himself in front of Kirito. That scene was a bit dragged out but oh well. Now Kirito knows that Death Gun was once a member of Laughing Coffin from SAO.
-Riptide-Aug 2, 2014 11:18 AM
Aug 2, 2014 7:57 AM

Nov 2009
Great episode, and the revelation of laughing coffin just made it 10 times better.
A-1 does justice this time.
Aug 2, 2014 7:58 AM

Nov 2007
The reaction of finding out his gender... lol~

So that antagonist is survivor of first world (SAO), and is one of that guild member?
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Aug 2, 2014 8:29 AM

Jun 2011
After watching this episode, I would actually think that they can drag the entire GGO arc into 24 episodes. o_o

Kirito feat. his inner feminine self.
Aug 2, 2014 8:31 AM

Nov 2009
tsubasalover said:
The reaction of finding out his gender... lol~

So that antagonist is survivor of first world (SAO), and is one of that guild member?

He was the member of "laughing coffin" in Aincard, the PK guild.
Aug 2, 2014 8:45 AM

Aug 2013
Changing room scene = PRICELESS!
Aug 2, 2014 8:47 AM

Apr 2013
So Sinon's trapdar wasn't as bad as I initially thought. Haha. Pretty solid reaction/s afterward. And Kirito has finally started doin' real work. Nice but sort of anti-climatic battle but it was the first one so obviously nothing insane was going to happen. The next ones should be more interesting. His GGOAT status is coming unless Death Gun has anything to say about it.
dankzelAug 2, 2014 10:27 AM
Aug 2, 2014 8:59 AM
Oct 2012
Takana_no_Hana said:

A guild that Kirito was one of the instrumental people in wiping out from SAO.

Very good episode, a little action, pretty much the remainder of the exposition, a little fan service put to good character use, even a little clue as to why the villain was watching Kirito's contest in particular (this will probably be one of the two things that the haters will hate upon, so let me start by saying that for now this is a mystery, however a clue has been dropped that will have more importance later as the mystery is resolved).

The other thing of course will be "how did Kirito have such amazing hearing when he never had it before". Of course not true, in episode 4 he heard people through a door (when Silica could not), and in episode 8 he tracked the ragout rabbit, which is a rare good. They even said that he trained to have that skill, so yes Kirito is a great tracker.

Of course haters are going to hate despite having their complaints explained, responding to them only makes them worse, so instead of responding lets just say "been answered, here is the post" and ignore them. Most of them will leave immediately, the remaining ones might have a decent point.
Takuan_SohoAug 2, 2014 9:34 AM
Aug 2, 2014 9:18 AM

Nov 2013
Takuan_Soho said:
Takana_no_Hana said:

A guild that Kirito was one of the instrumental people in wiping out from SAO.

Very good episode, a little action, pretty much the remainder of the exposition, a little fan service put to good character use, even a little clue as to why the villain was watching Kirito's contest in particular (this will probably be one of the two things that the haters will hate upon, so let me start by saying that for now this is a mystery, however a clue has been dropped that will have more importance later as the mystery is resolved).

The other thing of course will be "how did Kirito have such amazing hearing when he never had it before). Of course not true, in episode 4 he heard people through a door (when Silica could not), and in episode 8 he tracked the ragout rabbit, which is a rare good. They even said that he trained to have that skill, so yes Kirito is a great tracker.

Of course haters are going to hate despite having their complaints explained, responding to them only makes them worse, so instead of responding lets just say "been answered, here is the post" and ignore them. Most of them will leave immediately, the remaining ones might have a decent point.
I bet some will claim this doesn't answer their question/doesn't count.

The locker room scene wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. It was pretty funny actually. And finally Jedi Kirito :D
Aug 2, 2014 9:26 AM

Jun 2013
Pretty good episode. The last scene was intense when Kirito starts to panic after seeing the Laughin Coffin symbol. And to think I thought Death Gun was Sinon's friend after seeing him last episode.

I couldn't help but let out a small groan at the locker scene, not because of the fanservice, but because of how it played out. The reaction was tepid, and the awkward silence was expected and too drawn out. In the name of Space Dandy, that scene cannot even be considered fanservice, baby. I expected it to go either all out or just have had Kirito reveal himself before Sinon attempts to take her clothes off. Whatever, if it's in the light novel I can't complain.
Aug 2, 2014 9:44 AM

Aug 2008
Author, need I remind you, they are in a friggin video game. Why would you even have a changing scene and why would they care.

I really think the author has reality confused with video games far too often.
Aug 2, 2014 9:57 AM

Dec 2012
Use the Force, Kirito.
Aug 2, 2014 9:59 AM
The Komori

Mar 2013
Yet again, GGO has given us another solid episode :)

I thought that Sinon wasn't going to figure out that Kirito was a guy until much later lol, but I like when stuff like this gets addressed early...All of the awkwardness that happened after was just hilarious xDD

Also "I will kill all of the strong ones" Sadist Sinon...I am just loving this girl more and more which each episode >//<

Jedi Master Kirito is awesome as expected (I'm happy that he's struggling too) but I like that at least this way, his OP-ness isn't random BS imo...I'm never going to get tired of seeing him use that Lightsaber :'')

And last but not least, Death Gun has appeared before Kirito...I didn't expect to see that he's also from SAO and that he was apart of that PKing Guild...This makes things a whole lot more interesting....I wonder who he was exactly, hopefully he isn't that cunt that tried to kill Kirito and Asuna that one time -_-

AzureAlert said:
Use the Force, Kirito.
+1000 xDD
Aug 2, 2014 10:00 AM
Sep 2012
A-1 is not screwing around with the animation in this series at all.

Lightsaber scene has to have been the most epic scene for now.
Aug 2, 2014 10:00 AM

Aug 2013
Kirito finally meets Deathgun face to face.

Was funny when he finally told Sinon that he was a guy, perfect timing.
My Candies:
Aug 2, 2014 10:03 AM

May 2012
Laughing Coffin is back.

Damn good episode if I must say so myself. Funny how Shion found out about Kirito. Thought it would go a bit differently. Like Shion ask Kirito to take of his clothes or something like that. The fight was kind of epic. I really like the slow motion of the bullet coming out of the gun and Kirito deflecting it. That last scene was intense. Love how Kirito just start remembering all the people he know. The Laughing Coffin uh. Seems like they found out a new way to kill people. Can't wait for next episode.

5/5.
Aug 2, 2014 10:03 AM

Aug 2008
AzureAlert said:
hyperknees91 said:
Author, need I remind you, they are in a friggin video game. Why would you even have a changing scene and why would they care.

I think you're missing the point of the entire anime...

I get the author is very childish about certain things in an attempt to make fanservice.
Aug 2, 2014 10:04 AM

May 2013
This is getting interesting. So Death Gun is someone that Kirito knows. Now I wanna know who he is.
Aug 2, 2014 10:04 AM
Oct 2012
hyperknees91 said:

Viewer, need I remind you that they are in a friggin "full dive" virtual reality game, with bodies that feel stimulation and consciousness that has emotions.

I think the author hasn't confused reality with anything, you on the other hand.....
Aug 2, 2014 10:05 AM

Jan 2014
That kirito!
Aug 2, 2014 10:07 AM
Sep 2013
So Sinon finally knows Kirito is a guy which turned out to be at the worst time. Kirito finally gets the all the black uniform. Seems Gun Gale is harder than SAO and Alfiem. Oh no way laughing coffin now I'm even more interested to know how he is.
Aug 2, 2014 10:12 AM

Aug 2008
Takuan_Soho said:
hyperknees91 said:

Viewer, need I remind you that they are in a friggin "full dive" virtual reality game, with bodies that feel stimulation and consciousness that has emotions.

I think the author hasn't confused reality with anything, you on the other hand.....

It's still a virtual world, it's not reality.

I mean in .hack, did you see Pai and Blackrose getting all embarassed for wearing their skimpy bikini like clothing. No because, it's a video game. Not quite a full dive, but fairly close (and closer then a full dive for the avatars).

This is just childish pandering really.
Aug 2, 2014 10:13 AM

Jun 2013
Kirito doing a great job in that first match. That energy sword that he has sounds exactly like a light saber. When Sinon was getting changed and Kirito shows her that he was a boy that was very funny. He meets deathgun at the end there and he has that laughing coffin symbol on him.
Aug 2, 2014 10:14 AM

Aug 2007
Good ep. I'm happy that whole Kirito gender thing was finally laid to rest. Though he had perfect time to tell her then also. Well that was a great battle. The animation was great and I loved Kirito's line there. I got to do this four more times. xD Dang I wasn't expecting him to meet Deathgun already but even more shocker he is a survivor of SAO and part of laughing coffin. I didn't think we would see them again. I wonder if Kirito personally met the person?

Sent with Mal Updater
Aug 2, 2014 10:14 AM

Aug 2010
Another amazing ep :D Go go A-1 ^^

Lol'd at the changing room scene XD Dat Bitch slap lolol...well at least Kirito was apologizing :P Loved Sinon's blushing face :3

How she started acting tsuntsun from there onward was so lol XD Kirito trying to act cute in front of her friend was hilarious XD How can he be so cute :3

And Dat Sinon evil grin :O

Absolutely loved the battle. Awesomely animated Dem slices blocking the bullets and DAT PIERCE!!! :O

The end with Death Gun was nice. They kept the tension going well with those flash backs making Kirito try to remember ^^
Aug 2, 2014 10:15 AM

Dec 2012
Finally some action.

Kirito got slapped by Sinon. That must hurt a lot.

Sinon got a nasty smile back there. Her friend looks suspicious though.

So Death Gun is a SAO survivor. It could help narrow his investigation.
Aug 2, 2014 10:17 AM
Oct 2012
hyperknees91 said:

Huh, in a show aimed at teenagers.....imagine that.....

So if that is what you think, question why are you watching it?

Surely you have better things to spend your time on than "childish pandering", I mean if you are going to get morally outraged by "fanservice" in that episode, don't you have some church service to attend?
Aug 2, 2014 10:20 AM
Jul 2018
It was a great episode.

Sinon and Kirito joined the tournament.

The changing room scene was so priceless. Kirito told Sinon that he is a guy and Sinon's reaction to it was a lol.
Aug 2, 2014 10:23 AM

Nov 2012
A pro move would have been to change his frickin SAO name to something a bit less conspicuous before transfering to GGO.
Aug 2, 2014 10:23 AM

Apr 2014
Seeing this episode insures me that the animation of this wonderful series is amazing, probably the best ever seen...

thought sinon would have recognizes Kirito... wasn't he on the news or sth at the SAO incident?

Best anime ever... Can't wait episode 6 and the continuation
"If the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace." - Jimi Hendrix
Aug 2, 2014 10:24 AM

Aug 2008
Takuan_Soho said:
hyperknees91 said:

Huh, in a show aimed at teenagers.....imagine that.....

So if that is what you think, question why are you watching it?

Surely you have better things to spend your time on than "childish pandering", I mean if you are going to get morally outraged by "fanservice" in that episode, don't you have some church service to attend?

Fanservice can be amusing at times, but when the author is just pulling it out even when it doesn't belong or makes little sense in the context of the situation (like say all of HOTD), then it just comes across as lazy entertainment.
Aug 2, 2014 10:28 AM
Oct 2010
Death gun talks like a simpleton lmao.
Aug 2, 2014 10:29 AM
Oct 2012
hyperknees91 said:
Fanservice can be amusing at times, but when the author is just pulling it out even when it doesn't belong or makes little sense in the context of the situation (like say all of HOTD), then it just comes across as lazy entertainment.

Uh-huh. And we wouldn't want lazy entertainment now would we, we should want vigorous entertainment! Curse all those people who just want to enjoy entertainment, they should be doing sudoku or something like that right?

Again, in that you are so superior, why are you here? Shouldn't you be reading War and Peace or something like that? Or can it be you secretly like "lazy entertainment" but have taken to bad mouthing it as some form of penance or self-rationalization?
Aug 2, 2014 10:29 AM

Dec 2013
It was seriously awesome!!! Hilarious too~

Man... eventually Sinon had to find out sooner or later. But that mean reaction tho lol. So cold :/
Oh well. Other than that, there were some boss fighting which was pretty awesome. Nice Star Wars actions there. Then the darn Death Gun had to show up. Ugh. I don't like his face. Hopefully Kirito cuts his face off. Like for real. Thats pretty much it. Sinon in her underwear was nice :3

5/5 for this episode. So good. Finally some action.
"No one knows what the future holds. That's why its potential is infinite.” - Okabe Rintarou

"El Psy Congroo."

Kirino Kyousake Picture
Aug 2, 2014 10:30 AM
Jun 2012
Tokoya said:
And last but not least, Death Gun has appeared before Kirito...I didn't expect to see that he's also from SAO and that he was apart of that PKing Guild...This makes things a whole lot more interesting....I wonder who he was exactly, hopefully he isn't that cunt that tried to kill Kirito and Asuna that one time -_-

That guy died already. Remember Kirito spared him, but he still wanted to kill them so Kirito killed him. I think that was how it went down.

I have a feeling Spiegel is evil too. Solo guy trying to get Sinon. Just like that bodyguard of Asuna in SAO. He probably might try to kill them all out of jealousy.
rl1dragonAug 2, 2014 10:37 AM
Aug 2, 2014 10:33 AM

Jul 2012
Wow this is getting exciting! So, Death Gun is a SAO survivor and is part of laughing coffin.
Tom's Hardware graphics veteran++ (Legacy)
i7 6700K@4.0 GHz, ASUS Z170 PRO GAMING, RTX 2080, G. Skill RipJaws V 3200MHz 16GB,
Noctua NH-D15, CorsairRM 850x, Win10x64, 1920x1080

MyAnimeList!
Aug 2, 2014 10:33 AM

Feb 2014
Really liked this episode, we got the first fight of the tournament and it looks like Death Gun is a guy from those guys who killed people in SAO, I think? I dont remember that too well.
Aug 2, 2014 10:34 AM

Jun 2013
both eps 4 and 5 really entertaining :)
Aug 2, 2014 10:34 AM

Aug 2008
Takuan_Soho said:
hyperknees91 said:

Uh-huh. And we wouldn't want lazy entertainment now would we, we should want vigorous entertainment! Curse all those people who just want to enjoy entertainment, they should be doing sudoku or something like that right?

Again, in that you are so superior, why are you here? Shouldn't you be reading War and Peace or something like that? Or can it be you secretly like "lazy entertainment" but have taken to bad mouthing it as some form of penance or self-rationalization?

I would assume most people would want the writer to put effort into his work eh? Heaven forbid receiving any criticism.

And chill dude, if you like it, that's cool. Just expressing I thought the idea of the scene was silly.
Aug 2, 2014 10:35 AM
Oct 2012
skudoops said:
Death gun talks like a simpleton lmao.

Well, would you expect Death to be glib :-)

But remember that Death Gun already knows Kirito, so he has come across someone who could identify him if he gave out enough verbal clues, hence the simpleton act: only using flat intonation and bare minimum of words to get his question across, nothing more making it difficult for Kirito to identify exactly to whom he is speaking.
Aug 2, 2014 10:40 AM

Jul 2014
Holy crap this is getting good. I wonder if kirito is gonna admit that he is actually the real kirito. Can't wait for next weeks episode!!! The pacing is definatly picking up as well. Is it just me or the new opening theme freaking amazing!! I may even like it better than the original "crossing fields"
Aug 2, 2014 10:41 AM

Jul 2014
what i really like about this episode just the changing room scene, damn lucky Trapito :s and yeah, he really deserve that slap

i don't really like anything else, just too slow pace, especially when he stab enemies with that photon saber, i can see a-1 wasting time in this episode -_-

death gun's not creepy at all, even with sudden appearance :|
a dual-sword wielder, fire element in right arm and ice element in left arm
Aug 2, 2014 10:43 AM
Jun 2012
I laughed so hard at when Sinion found out SAO was a girl, it looks like there gonna be rivals!?

Kiritos first battle in GGO and he already is very pro!

And also, DEATH GUN I didn't think he'd talk to Kirito sooner, looks like there gonna reference season 1 in which my memory is not that good on it, but I remember most characters.
Aug 2, 2014 10:44 AM
Oct 2012
hyperknees91 said:
I would assume most people would want the writer to put effort into his work eh? Heaven forbid receiving any criticism.

And chill dude, if you like it, that's cool. Just expressing I thought the idea of the scene was silly.

What, can't I likewise express what I thought? Nothing you have said has been critical or even possessed the smallest ounce of thought, so all I am doing is pointing it out to you.

By all means please criticize this show. I would kill for an original thought from people like you. But if all you can do is to say "writer is confusing reality with his virtual reality", or "there is too much fanservice", then basically you have nothing really to criticize, which in turn shows that both the author, but much rarer the adapters have "put effort" into this work.

Even bad writers (which this one is not) deserve respect. They at least can write. So if you are going to criticize all I ask is that you put some effort into it.
Aug 2, 2014 10:47 AM

Nov 2013
Tokoya said:
But Kirito already sent that dude to his grave back in SAO.
Aug 2, 2014 10:49 AM

Jul 2013
That light saber scene though o.o Kirito is just too OP XD

Is it weird that i'm still seriously attracted to Kirito even with his girly avatar? >.<

I'm glad they got SOMEWHERE with the plot at least with the appearance of Death Gun. It got really intense at the end lol.
Aug 2, 2014 10:50 AM

Jan 2010
I don't have any complain except the animation quality.

The battle scene is many times worse compared to episode 2
Sorry for my bad English....
Aug 2, 2014 10:52 AM

Dec 2011
Why does Kirito seem so surprised about the fact that someone know him from SAO game? That's weird.
Also, dat swordplay.
Pages (11) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Sword Art Online II Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

-Karoshi- - Dec 20, 2014

618 by No_Fan_676 »»
Aug 18, 9:08 AM

Poll: » Sword Art Online II Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tsubasalover - Sep 27, 2014

612 by KaiserVonGogureo »»
Aug 12, 12:09 PM

Poll: » Sword Art Online II Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 26, 2014

960 by elpasho0 »»
Jul 29, 6:39 PM

Poll: » Sword Art Online II Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

-Karoshi- - Jul 4, 2014

1114 by Vortixx_ »»
Jul 27, 12:23 AM

Poll: » Sword Art Online II Episode 20 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Nov 22, 2014

356 by Forum »»
Jul 4, 7:26 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.