Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Sword Art Online (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (13) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Dec 20, 2014 6:36 AM
Mar 2012
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
I’m glad A-1 decided not to skip the ALO tournament, finally we get to see another showdown with Kirito and Yuuki. And of course, Yuuki comes out on top~ Though I must say, a lot of the sequences at the beginning was pretty rushed.

Yuuki definitely had a lot of fun ever since meeting Asuna, and I am sad that all that comes to an end. Using up all my tissues, I shed tears for the life Yuuki has had, and more tears for the end she embraced. All was for naught, as she made countless of friends throughout many worlds, and everyone for sure will keep her soul in their hearts. We finally see the ending song sequences coming to fruition, as the tree symbolizes the beginning and also the end.

And so, I’ll post the lyrics of Shirushi here as the meaning can now be fully understood:

Overall, I found that the second season was better executed than the first. Though it may be partly due to A-1 skipping two years worth of content in the Aincrad arc, it is also because character and plot development became more of a focus in season two. However, for the anime-only watchers, the effect may not be as great since season one did not create that development foundation for SAO II to build upon, thus such development may seem forced. With the second season completed, now we wait for the inevitable Sword Art Online III and the start of the best and longest arc of the series, Alicization.
Dec 20, 2014 6:43 AM
Oct 2014
So at the end it wasnt a cliffhanger¿?
Dec 20, 2014 6:52 AM

Nov 2011
Well damn, Yuuki still had a lot of firepower after that. I suppose it wasn't surprising that she would die with all the death flags..

Highlight of the finale:

Definitely my favorite arc from the series with GGO being a second contender. Enjoyed this sequel more than the first season overall.
Dec 20, 2014 6:55 AM

Nov 2007
Everyone enjoying the moment until Yuuki's condition got worse. Everyone saying farewell to Yuuki.

Another female player also has disease but not as bad as Yuuki. Remembering about Yuuki. Lots of Yuuki's data were left to save lots of people.

Hanami season and Sinon's reappearance with the group.
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Dec 20, 2014 6:57 AM
Mar 2012
So after the end credits, we get an anime original scene with them on a picnic, and on the other side of the field was....

their group of friends so Asuna and Kirito ran towards them and BOOM, Sword Art Online II, deactivated.
Dec 20, 2014 6:57 AM

Jul 2007
Yep, no cliffie, sadly. Still great ending with reveal of Medicuboid's author and nice scene between kirito and asuna after credits. Oh well

Can't wait for S3
Dec 20, 2014 6:59 AM

Aug 2011
no hint for s3?
Dec 20, 2014 7:00 AM
Mar 2012
Nothing, no cliffhanger. Just your typical "let's run towards our friends" ending.
Dec 20, 2014 7:01 AM
Apr 2014
LastChapter said:
So after the end credits, we get an anime original scene with them on a picnic, and on the other side of the field was....

their group of friends so Asuna and Kirito ran towards them and BOOM, Sword Art Online II, deactivated.

Wow, srsly? cmon... i thought they were doing something big because of the tweet and so on... welp.

Haven't watched the episode yet so i'll come back later i guess.

Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | reviews
Dec 20, 2014 7:08 AM
Mar 2012
My last glimmer of hope was perhaps an end card of Alicization like this

But we also got none of that... TT^TT
Dec 20, 2014 7:11 AM
Oct 2014
As how the Light Novels and anime are going Im expecting [spoiler] The relationship between Alice and Kirito being tonned down from what it was in the WN. Its not like I wanted netorare or anything but I just think them being that cheesy all the time is a little too much. In the WN Kirito was more "kind" to the other girls even tho he still only loved Asuna. If you havent read the WN dont worry its not like he cheated or anything but it was kinda funny to see Asuna jealous all the time xD
genetickDec 20, 2014 7:16 AM
Dec 20, 2014 7:11 AM

Apr 2012
what a beautiful episode.

Let's wait for the inevitable season 3.

Now time to download the opening and ending themes.
bunny1ov3rDec 20, 2014 7:23 AM
My Reviews and Rants: http://bunny1ov3r.wordpress.com/

痛就是爱
Dec 20, 2014 7:29 AM

Jul 2007
I am now back to hoping they do another Extra edition and use the cliffhanger at end of that.
Dec 20, 2014 7:30 AM
Mar 2012
CookingPriest said:
I am now back to hoping they do another Extra edition and use the cliffhanger at end of that.

There was already 14.5 for the Phantom Bullet recap, and I don't think it's that effective to recap Calibur and Mother's Rosario since they're small arcs lol

But holy shit, the Japanese internet media is just raging at the ending. Their hopes and dreams crushed by A-1's anime-original picnic.

Minutes after the end of the final episode, Alicization is already at the top trending list.
-Karoshi-Dec 20, 2014 7:35 AM
Dec 20, 2014 7:36 AM

Apr 2014
7/10

It was good.
Dec 20, 2014 7:55 AM
Apr 2014
LastChapter said:
CookingPriest said:

There was already 14.5 for the Phantom Bullet recap, and I don't think it's that effective to recap Calibur and Mother's Rosario since they're small arcs lol

But holy shit, the Japanese internet media is just raging at the ending. Their hopes and dreams crushed by A-1's anime-original picnic.

Minutes after the end of the final episode, Alicization is already at the top trending list.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA DAMN, LOL

Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | reviews
Dec 20, 2014 7:56 AM

Jul 2007
LastChapter said:
CookingPriest said:

http://myanimelist.net/anime/20021/Sword_Art_Online:_Extra_Edition

I am talking about this. They ended that one with Kirito getting the call.

Do same for SAO2, some bullshit fanservice, and add cliffhanger at the end of that
Dec 20, 2014 7:59 AM
Mar 2012
CookingPriest said:
http://myanimelist.net/anime/20021/Sword_Art_Online:_Extra_Edition

I am talking about this. They ended that one with Kirito getting the call.

Do same for SAO2, some bullshit fanservice, and add cliffhanger at the end of that

Ah I see. All we can do is hope now. Though Extra Edition II will probably air a year later, if ever.
Dec 20, 2014 8:13 AM
Oct 2012
A-1 needs to have its props. This arc was handled extremely well, they didn't over do things, the emotions were played very well, they mostly cut things that could be cut, they included the things that needed to be included (I personally liked how fast the first scenes flashed by, it suggested ordinariness, time passing, and also that it was proceeding to an unalterable fate - nicely done).

They also had the respect to the story not to overdo the fanservice. I can't think of a single real one for the entire arc (not that I mind fanservice, but A-1 does tend to overdo it). That was very appropriate for this arc, and glad to see that the producers had that recognition that it wasn't the time for it.

While I understand the appeal of a cliffhanger, I have to admit I more favor ending things first. This was are real ending, Asuna has resolved her problems, Yui is now in the real world, they are a true family now in both realities. Doubts have been eliminated, their future, as of that moment, secure. This was my first, and remains my favorite thing about the majority of Japanese works: they end. Not rushed or false endings, but real endings.

So well done A-1, now give a capstone episode with an awesome cliff hanger next week (or sometime soon)!
Dec 20, 2014 8:39 AM

Mar 2012
Hahaha you tried too hard studio A-1 Pictures.

That`s the worst death of the entire series, those feels were ''Forced'' and it`s making me Cringe.
One of the worst Melodrama i`ve ever seen in History of Anime!

Gun Ass Online - 3/10
My Waifu is a Trap with a Beard Online - 1/10
Melodrama AIDS Online - 1/10

This is Deplorable and i want to Nuke Studio A-1 Pictures to make myself feel better.

SAO II = 2nd best Comedy Anime of 2014
Do you play Azure Lane?
Then please join my fanclub
https://myanimelist.net/clubs.php?cid=74907
Dec 20, 2014 8:41 AM
Mar 2012
Zeta986 said:
Hahaha you tried too hard

>Gun Ass Online
>My Waifu is a Trap with Beard Online
>Melodrama AIDS Online

Zeta986 said:
i want to Nuke Studio A-1 Pictures to make myself feel better.

Well, at least we agree on one point somewhat.
Dec 20, 2014 8:52 AM
Jul 2014
Nice episode but didn't like the ending.
Dec 20, 2014 8:53 AM

Jan 2013
Why so much hate 0o ?
Dec 20, 2014 8:55 AM
Oct 2014
So the ending scene pretty much confirms my thoughts xD
Dec 20, 2014 8:56 AM
Mar 2012
macamiki said:
Why so much hate 0o ?

I think it's mostly because they rushed the ending of the arc just to insert an anime-original scene that played no major importance instead of teasing us for the next arc.

At least that's the reason for most rational watchers.
Dec 20, 2014 8:58 AM

Jan 2013
LastChapter said:
macamiki said:
Why so much hate 0o ?

I think it's mostly because they rushed the ending of the arc just to insert an anime-original scene that played no major importance instead of teasing us for the next arc.

oh i get it, so instead of a cliffhanger we got a picnik :/
Dec 20, 2014 9:00 AM
Oct 2014
LastChapter said:
macamiki said:
Why so much hate 0o ?

Well it pretty much tells us that Alice is gonna be turning into another Kirito fangirl
Dec 20, 2014 9:00 AM
Jul 2018
9/10

Very powerful words and that picture of Yuuki's sword plunged in the ground where she died was also powerful.
Dec 20, 2014 9:01 AM

Jul 2012
I don't want this show to be over. :/

Glad there was another scene after the credits.
Dec 20, 2014 9:03 AM
Mar 2012
Jarkzy said:
LastChapter said:

Well it pretty much tells us that Alice is gonna be turning into another Kirito fangirl

We probably won't see that until SAO IV: A New Hope.
Dec 20, 2014 9:04 AM

Sep 2012
It's finally over!
Aids chan got rekt.
Oh god who are you people?
Dec 20, 2014 9:05 AM
Sep 2013
Aww the feels.
A fitting end.
Like the sword in the ground next to the tree.
She still came out on top in the tournament.
8/10
Dec 20, 2014 9:06 AM
Oct 2014
LastChapter said:
Jarkzy said:

If my calculations arent wrong it would be SAO V actually xD
Dec 20, 2014 9:08 AM

Nov 2012
Jarkzy said:
LastChapter said:

that alice bitch with byakuya bankai copy paste sword is shit. typical strong-girl-into-shit-perfect-housewife like asuna
IF YOU LIKE DEATH PARADE, GO WATCH BARTENDER!!!
my animesongs chord thread : here bro
Dec 20, 2014 9:09 AM

Jun 2012
10/10

I don't need a cliffhanger, we already know that SAO is gonna be there for a long time.
Dec 20, 2014 9:09 AM

Jul 2010
Well this was a really enjoyable arc. Really cried a lot this episode.

Yuuki's death :/ I really did admire her strength, to be able to be just so bright in the amidst of all the weighs that weighs her down. Finally finding the light that she had always yearned for...

I loved all the things she left on. All the people gathering how just how much she appreciated that ;_; The passing of her sword skill to Asuna and the fun memories she had with the Sleeping Knights. I do feel happy that the other members are able to live longer. The promise to be together and Yuuki telling them to be as late as possible :/

Her data on the medicuboid got me again :O She being able to do that much to also being able to help others just really shows her strength. A hint of what is to come.

An 8/10, a really emotional arc and overall pretty enjoyable. Honestly, there are nothing that I would ever consider melodramatic.
Dec 20, 2014 9:11 AM

Sep 2014
Very good episode. Yuuki :(

The fact that Kayaba created the death game SAO and Medicuboid must of been shocking for people to learn lol.

Aug 2010
The living happy days with the music in the background at the start was really nice :3

Dem Feelz during Yuuki's death scene T^T Bravo Yuuki-san for that awesome VAing.
Loved the way every player gathered to pay respect :*)

And as usual Kayaba Akihiko is the MVP XD :P

Oh and in the Yuuki vs Kirito fight, they made it as though Kirito was definitely gonna win if there wasn't a time up didn't they XD

9/10...amazing adaption from start to finish :) And who can resist those Yuuki smiles >.<!! Heart melting <3

Underworld WHEN >.<!!!
Barion-ZaraDec 20, 2014 9:15 AM
Mar 2012
Jarkzy said:
LastChapter said:

If my calculations arent wrong it would be SAO V actually xD

Ah yes, you're right. I was thinking of Alice during the A***m C****h not after. Well, time to wait for SAO V: The Integrity Knights Strike Back.
Dec 20, 2014 9:12 AM
Oct 2014
ninjastarforcex said:
Jarkzy said:

that alice bitch with byakuya bankai copy paste sword is shit. typical strong-girl-into-shit-perfect-housewife like asuna

Gotta agree with Alice, but gotta disagree with Asuna. It may seem this way in the anime but it the novels her development was better explained
Dec 20, 2014 9:17 AM
Oct 2014
LastChapter said:

Ah yes, you're right. I was thinking of Alice during the A***m C****h not after. Well, time to wait for SAO V: The Integrity Knights Strike Back.

I honestly dont think we get to see that animated, what would it take to reach that? 2020?
Dec 20, 2014 9:18 AM

Aug 2014
6/10.

Fine, but could've been better.
Dec 20, 2014 9:19 AM
Mar 2012
Jarkzy said:
LastChapter said:

I honestly dont think we get to see that animated, what would it take to reach that? 2020?

As long as the series is profitable, time doesn't matter. Fate anime franchise still going strong since 2006, and look at all these decades old anime getting remakes and sequels.
Dec 20, 2014 9:20 AM

Nov 2012
Jarkzy said:
ninjastarforcex said:

Gotta agree with Alice, but gotta disagree with Asuna. It may seem this way in the anime but it the novels her development was better explained

alice...
IF YOU LIKE DEATH PARADE, GO WATCH BARTENDER!!!
my animesongs chord thread : here bro
Dec 20, 2014 9:20 AM

Dec 2014
wot
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 20, 2014 9:21 AM

Oct 2012
sao 2 is alright i guess....dem feels :/

sao 3 officially confirmed
Dec 20, 2014 9:21 AM
Oct 2014
LastChapter said:
Jarkzy said:

As long as the series is profitable, time doesn't matter. Fate anime franchise still going strong since 2006, and look at all these decades old anime getting remakes and sequels.

I mean that I dont think Im still gonna be watching anime by then, I know that they are probably gonna do it, this shows has better sells than Naruto, HxH, One Piece, etc.
Dec 20, 2014 9:22 AM
Mar 2012
ninjastarforcex said:
alice...

Kirito
Dec 20, 2014 9:22 AM

Jul 2012
tsanggitu said:

Officially?
Dec 20, 2014 9:23 AM
Mar 2012
therandomestguy said:
tsanggitu said:

Officially?
Lies.
Pages (13) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Sword Art Online II Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 26, 2014

958 by maki_evergarden »»
Mar 17, 9:33 AM

Poll: » Sword Art Online II Episode 16 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tsubasalover - Oct 25, 2014

289 by erixqh »»
Feb 22, 12:26 PM

Poll: » Sword Art Online II Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 12, 2014

762 by minu11 »»
Jan 26, 5:10 AM

» While you're watching Season 2

Bijou146 - Jan 14

23 by katnissmaezie »»
Jan 24, 11:11 PM

» Do Kirito and Asuna's romance get developed further in this season and subsequent seasons? ( 1 2 )

holo-simp - Jul 20, 2023

51 by qnqel »»
Jan 5, 4:49 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.