Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Sword Art Online (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (20) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Jul 26, 2014 7:53 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
TRAP KIRITO.

Looks like he logged into GGO to check out the Death Gun incident. Well, he meets Sinon this episode and that's no surprise.

>I'M GOING TO BLAST YOU TO THE MOON.
For some reason, I laughed at that. Also looks like Kirito purchased some sort of photon sword. My Star Wars vibe
Stark700Jul 26, 2014 8:27 AM
Jul 26, 2014 7:55 AM
Mar 2012
Damn, the graphics of the GGO game look great. Kirito's reaction when he saw his new avatar was priceless. Was laughing so hard during the scene where Kirito tricked Sinon into thinking he was a new female player.

Sinon explains some of the mechanics of the bullet line. Loving the gambling game's English XD Of course Kirito would challenge it and win. But those surprised faces when he won lol.

With his newly acquired cash, he buys a 5.7mm FN Five Seven handgun and Kagemitsu G4 photon sword. The sword's sound effects are like the Star Wars' lightsabers.

Late for the Bullet of Bullets entry and of course Kirito drives a buggy motorcycle to get there lol.

Can't wait when Sinon finds out Kirito is a guy XD
Jul 26, 2014 7:58 AM

Oct 2009
Looks like Kirito pressed B, 1, 7
現実と仮想の差は情報量の大小しかない
Jul 26, 2014 7:59 AM

Oct 2013
So where did the episode end?

Edit: Finally watched the episode. The NPC speaking in English was kinda funny and that black guy having an arrow tattoo on his head. Sinon is better off smiling like in this episode. Lol at Kirito thinking if she he should let Sinon think he's a girl. Gonna be funny once she finds out.
-Riptide-Jul 26, 2014 10:58 AM
Jul 26, 2014 8:00 AM

Apr 2009
Sinon is so fucking cute.

The pacing of this season is ass though, way too slow.
Jul 26, 2014 8:01 AM
Mar 2012
-Riptide- said:
Sinon and Kirito are late for signing up for the Bullet of Bullets so they're in the process of getting there on a buggy motorcycle.
Jul 26, 2014 8:04 AM

Oct 2013
LastChapter said:
-Riptide- said:
Sinon and Kirito are late for signing up for the Bullet of Bullets so they're in the process of getting there on a buggy motorcycle.

Oh okay. So basically Kirito finally logged in. Sinon helped her him buy some new equipment. Then beat an NPC NO ONE was able to beat before. Yeah this episode discussion is gonna be good.
Jul 26, 2014 8:05 AM
Mar 2012
-Riptide- said:
LastChapter said:

Oh okay. So basically Kirito finally logged in. Sinon helped her him buy some new equipment. Then beat an NPC NO ONE was able to beat before. Yeah this episode discussion is gonna be good.
Oh yeah, you know it.
Jul 26, 2014 8:08 AM

Oct 2009
My Japanese is not good but I recall him saying he could predict the prediction lines or something like that
現実と仮想の差は情報量の大小しかない
Jul 26, 2014 8:12 AM
Jun 2011
and now all the guys fall in love for trap kirito
Jul 26, 2014 8:13 AM

Oct 2013
caiosnif said:
My Japanese is not good but I recall him saying he could predict the prediction lines or something like that

He looks at the eye of the NPC to see where he's going to aim before the prediction line appears.
Jul 26, 2014 8:15 AM

Oct 2009
-Riptide- said:
caiosnif said:

He looks at the eye of the NPC to see where he's going to aim before the prediction line appears.

Yeah I saw that, but he had an internal monologue about those lines when he was watching the other player trying the game
現実と仮想の差は情報量の大小しかない
Jul 26, 2014 8:16 AM
Mar 2012
caiosnif said:
It's not that he can predict the bullet line, he's actually reading the shooting line from the enemy's eyes which allows him to grasp where the trajectory of the bullet will be.

It was explained in the novels that he received training in SAO and ALO with similar enemies that would should arrows, venom, magic, etc.
Jul 26, 2014 8:22 AM

Aug 2009
LastChapter said:
caiosnif said:
It's not that he can predict the bullet line, he's actually reading the shooting line from the enemy's eyes which allows him to grasp where the trajectory of the bullet will be.

It was explained in the novels that he received training in SAO and ALO with similar enemies that would should arrows, venom, magic, etc.

Instead of training, it's more appropriate to say that all frontliners and generally all those that wanted to survive by fighting in SAO, learned to do that.
ssjokgJul 26, 2014 8:32 AM
Jul 26, 2014 8:25 AM

Apr 2013
It has finally happened. Best girl has finally arrived.

Dat pacing. Well, we finally got glimpses of God-mode Kirito/Traprito and hopefully there will be tourney action in the next episode. I wonder when Sinon will find out the secret? Her trapdar is lacking for sure atm.
dankzelJul 26, 2014 10:15 AM
Jul 26, 2014 8:29 AM
Mar 2012
deanzel said:

I remember that you've been waiting to use that.
Jul 26, 2014 8:41 AM

Apr 2013
LastChapter said:
deanzel said:

I remember that you've been waiting to use that.

For sooooooo long :)

Now, I can watch SAOII in peace.
Jul 26, 2014 8:49 AM

Dec 2013
I like the pacing of this second season ! Very good episode ! :D
What do you think about the planetarium? That beautiful twinkling of eternity that will never fade, no matter when....
Jul 26, 2014 9:19 AM

Jan 2014
lol...Kirito just became a bishounen with his avatar...:)
Got something to live for, I know that I won't surrender,
A warrior of youth,
I'm taking over, a shot to the new world order
I Am Bulletproof. . .

Jul 26, 2014 9:26 AM
Oct 2012
Another perfectly decent show, a little action at the arcade to show off why Kirito can operate in the game and to break up the necessary data dump that this episode required. Clears the way to focus on action the next way.

And we already know what the haters are going to say about the arcade, so lets clear it up now to spare all of us from having to read 150 posts saying the same thing:

Kirito could beat the game because it was a game based on SAO (through the world seed). He also has the help of watching a very good player lose before him, giving him an idea of how the game operated. Having spent every day of 2 years risking his life against such "games", it isn't surprising that he has a far better grasp of them then players who have only been playing six months (not to mention haven't had to risk their lives to play it).

Overall series is holding at a steady 8, nothing that is great, but nothing that detracts. Just nice entertainment.
Jul 26, 2014 9:34 AM

Oct 2013
Well, wb Kirito to your world of badass
Jul 26, 2014 9:37 AM

Oct 2013
Takuan_Soho said:
Another perfectly decent show, a little action at the arcade to show off why Kirito can operate in the game and to break up the necessary data dump that this episode required. Clears the way to focus on action the next way.

And we already know what the haters are going to say about the arcade, so lets clear it up now to spare all of us from having to read 150 posts saying the same thing:

Kirito could beat the game because it was a game based on SAO (through the world seed). He also has the help of watching a very good player lose before him, giving him an idea of how the game operated. Having spent every day of 2 years risking his life against such "games", it isn't surprising that he has a far better grasp of them then players who have only been playing six months (not to mention haven't had to risk their lives to play it).

Overall series is holding at a steady 8, nothing that is great, but nothing that detracts. Just nice entertainment.

I'm sure people are still going to ignore what you said and bash this episode.
Jul 26, 2014 9:39 AM
Mar 2012
-Riptide- said:
Takuan_Soho said:

I'm sure people are still going to ignore what you said and bash this episode.
It's inevitable. There'll be tl;dr excuses all over the place.
Jul 26, 2014 9:43 AM

Oct 2013

At least its gonna be fun reading all those posts from haters.
Jul 26, 2014 9:45 AM

May 2014
Takuan_Soho said:
Having spent every day of 2 years risking his life against such "games", it isn't surprising that he has a far better grasp of them then players who have only been playing six months (not to mention haven't had to risk their lives to play it).
Those two years were quite the ride. We saw Kirito being beat up left and right after he was trying to solo a few floors which were overwhelming even for an overleveled player. He started learning patterns, aggro ranges, animation build ups to a move, elemental defenses, elemental damage, are of effect, are denial, positioning, skill management. But despite that a solo player is still overrun by smaller mobs even if they are lower levels. Later on Asuna joined him and showed him the benefit of teamwork and over two years, many preparations, many recons, many raids over time they are slowly progressing despite their losses. Kirito started to see that people can work together and can be pleasant to talk to. He doesn't care just about games anymore, but the people with him, his new family, his FRIENDS. Despite being trapped in another world which is far more likely to have him killed, he saw the worst and the best out of people, and most importantly, himself... ah, those were the days.

I may be remembering that wrong tho.
Jul 26, 2014 9:45 AM

May 2010
here we go! he is playing the game for the very first time and beats that Cowboy with zero knowledge of the game where other players have failed how many times?

remember how many points the guy that failed at the challenge added? now do the math and count how many ppl failed before him ^^

there is absolutely nothing that can explain this and im not buying any of the excused posted before this.

dropped. not watching the same shit happen twice.
Jul 26, 2014 9:49 AM

Oct 2013
Kerozinn said:
here we go! he is playing the game for the very first time and beats that Cowboy with zero knowledge of the game where other players have failed how many times?

remember how many points the guy that failed at the challenge added? now do the math and count how many ppl failed before him ^^

there is absolutely nothing that can explain this and im not buying any of the excused posted before this.

dropped. not watching the same shit happen twice.

And we got the first one!!!
Jul 26, 2014 9:51 AM
Mar 2012
Kerozinn said:
I'm pretty sure none of the of the players are as experienced as Kirito in CQC. That game incidentally was pretty much tailored to his expertise. If it were a sharpshooting game, he would have been sure to fail.
Jul 26, 2014 9:54 AM

Jul 2013
Even though it was another "slow" episode I enjoyed that a lot actually. It was funny to see the reactions of trap Kirito from other players. It was even funnier when some of them cat called him.
Jul 26, 2014 9:58 AM

Dec 2012
Trap-master Kirito FTW ... wait FTL I mean, no ... umm, a tie?

It's always cool to see Kirito show off, nice episode.
Mar 2012
Kerozinn said:
LastChapter said:
I'm pretty sure none of the of the players are as experienced as Kirito in CQC. That game incidentally was pretty much tailored to his expertise. If it were a sharpshooting game, he would have been sure to fail.

he is playing the game for the first time! being good at WoW doesnt mean your automaticly great at counter strike. stop the excuses please.
That was the best analogy I heard all day. >.>

Jul 2007
Just started the episode, but I want to note how incredibly disappointed I am that Trap Kirito doesn't have a female seiyuu voice. It's wrong. It's so wrong.
My first novel, Kardia has been published! Click here to read!
Jul 26, 2014 10:00 AM
Mar 2012
Splitter said:
Just started the episode, but I want to note how incredibly disappointed I am that Trap Kirito doesn't have a female seiyuu voice. It's wrong. It's so wrong.
Yoshitsugu Matsuoka's voice is pretty feminine enough. Remember though that his avatar is still male.
Jul 26, 2014 10:01 AM

May 2013
Nice, Kirito having a girl avatar. Of course he would choose an energy sword. Definitely reminds me of a light saber lol.
Jul 26, 2014 10:03 AM
Sep 2013
Kirito is the king of games lol.
He got hit on so many times. XD.
This arc seems awesome so far.
Jul 26, 2014 10:04 AM

Jan 2008
Sinon looks much better smiling.

Anyways, it was a fun episode. Amusing to see everyone hitting on Kirito. Didn't expect Kirito to meet Sinon just wandering around like that but I guess they need to advance the story somehow.
Jul 26, 2014 10:08 AM

May 2010
-Riptide- said:

GGO and SAO have some similarities because GGO is from The Seed expansion that Kayaba Akihiko made. So basically some mechanics on SAO apply to GGO as well. And no its not my favorite anime. I actually think Accel World is better than SAO :P

doesnt explain why is suddenly NEO and just can dodge bullets. do you know how fast bullets are shot from a gun? too fast to dodge unless you know in which pattern they are coming at you. the guy that failed before knew them but we only saw the first half of the challenge and never the second. not accepting this explanation.
Jul 26, 2014 10:09 AM

Jul 2012
I enjoyed it. I was looking forward to the adaption of the puppet shooting game as well as buying the sword. Didn't disappoint.
Jul 26, 2014 10:09 AM

Apr 2012
As awesome as I expected from the novel XD

Cowboy game was not as awesome but well :P
Next episode we'll see kirito's OverPowerness XD
Jul 26, 2014 10:10 AM

Jun 2013
I'm loving the whole atmosphere of GGO. Kirito is now a women with a really weird voice, I found that pretty funny. From playing all of those fantasy games his skills are very good no wonder he won that mini game. That energy sword that he bought reminds me of a lightsaber from star wars. I wonder if it can reflect bullets.
Jul 26, 2014 10:10 AM

Jul 2012
Why wasn't Kirito able to customize his character in GGO? I know he converted his account, but he did that in the first season to play ALO right? That's why he still had his stats from SAO on ALO. ALO still let him choose what his character looks like though.
Jul 26, 2014 10:11 AM

Aug 2010
Awesome episode :D Really loving this pacing ^^ Pretty much a perfect adaption so far :) Really loving the scenery of GGO.

Trap Kirito is way cuter than I thought he'd be :O All the guys hitting on him XDXD Yoshitsugu's tone was pretty nicely fitting. Also the way Kirito was trying to act cute was lol and actually believable XD

Loved his interactions with Sinon <3 All dem flags :P Can't wait til she finds out about him being a guy XD

The dodging part was awesome and how he said "Isn't the point of it predicting the prediction line" lol XD

Sinon's smile on the bike at the end was cute :3
Jul 26, 2014 10:13 AM

Jul 2013
I love his reaction when everyone thinks that he is a girl in his avatar form XD.

Basically a build up episode, so next episode should be better :D. Even though he converted his account, he still masters everything in GGO. LOL hoping that Sinon will realize about Kirito's gender XD.

Jul 26, 2014 10:14 AM

Oct 2013
Kerozinn said:
-Riptide- said:

GGO and SAO have some similarities because GGO is from The Seed expansion that Kayaba Akihiko made. So basically some mechanics on SAO apply to GGO as well. And no its not my favorite anime. I actually think Accel World is better than SAO :P

doesnt explain why is suddenly NEO and just can dodge bullets. do you know how fast bullets are shot from a gun? too fast to dodge unless you know in which pattern they are coming at you. the guy that failed before knew them but we only saw the first half of the challenge and never the second. not accepting this explanation.

He did know on which pattern the bullet was shot. He can tell from looking into the NPC's eyes where he will aim next.
Jan 2014
There were few references in this episode too. Like the random Tales of Zestiria ad and that guy, who was a part of the crowd had an airbender mark on his head.

Pretty enjoyable episode overall. The second I saw that Kirito cleared the challange game flawlessly, I was like... hate inc.

Enjoying the Kajiura OST as well. A bit on the weak end again, but the anime has plenty of time to showcase other tracks.

I don't know why people are complaning about the pacing, it's much better than S1.
ResidentJul 26, 2014 10:17 AM

Jan 2014
Hideyoshi Kirito, start!
And "paied"?
Jul 26, 2014 10:15 AM
Mar 2012
Kerozinn said:
-Riptide- said:

I should quote myself from a previous post:

"It's not that he can predict the bullet line, he's actually reading the shooting line from the enemy's eyes which allows him to grasp where the trajectory of the bullet will be.

It was explained in the novels that he received training in SAO and ALO with similar enemies that would should arrows, venom, magic, etc."
Jul 26, 2014 10:15 AM
Jul 2018
It was a good episode. We finally get to see the the trap version of Kirito being animated.

Kirito's face looked so priceless when he saw his avatar.

Lol at the guys who are hitting on him.

Good thing Sinon helped Kirito out to understand how to use gun.

I'm looking forward to the BoB tournament.
removed-userJul 26, 2014 10:20 AM
Jul 26, 2014 10:16 AM
Mar 2012
therandomestguy said:
Why wasn't Kirito able to customize his character in GGO? I know he converted his account, but he did that in the first season to play ALO right? That's why he still had his stats from SAO on ALO. ALO still let him choose what his character looks like though.
He left all his equipment and stuff in ALO, reason why he had no money. Also, GGO avatar selection is completely randomized, unless you are willing to pay money.
Jul 26, 2014 10:16 AM

May 2010
LastChapter said:
Kerozinn said:

I should quote myself from a previous post:

"It's not that he can predict the bullet line, he's actually reading the shooting line from the enemy's eyes which allows him to grasp where the trajectory of the bullet will be.

It was explained in the novels that he received training in SAO and ALO with similar enemies that would should arrows, venom, magic, etc."

i was watching the anime and not the novels.anyways im done with this show once again. bye
Pages (20) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Sword Art Online II Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

-Karoshi- - Dec 20, 2014

618 by MinaseNagi »»
Apr 17, 6:11 PM

Poll: » Sword Art Online II Episode 16 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tsubasalover - Oct 25, 2014

289 by erixqh »»
Feb 22, 12:26 PM

Poll: » Sword Art Online II Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 12, 2014

762 by minu11 »»
Jan 26, 5:10 AM

» While you're watching Season 2

Bijou146 - Jan 14

23 by katnissmaezie »»
Jan 24, 11:11 PM

» Do Kirito and Asuna's romance get developed further in this season and subsequent seasons? ( 1 2 )

holo-simp - Jul 20, 2023

51 by qnqel »»
Jan 5, 4:49 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.