Jan 14, 11:18 PM
Dec 2022
hmmm. how interesting.
Jan 14, 11:54 PM
Nov 2023
I don't understand a word but yeah.
Jan 15, 12:09 AM

Dec 2021
To be honest, after Aincrad everything seemed a waste of time. That "in a game" charm gradually faded as the story progressed.
Jan 15, 12:17 AM
Jul 2023
I enjoyed the Excalibur side story.
Jan 15, 12:29 AM

Apr 2021
Bijou146 said:
DON'T WATCH THE EXCALIBUR ARC, it's a waste of time
Thank you and enjoy more PEAK from the Phantom Bullet Arc all the way to Mother's Rosario Arc!
Thank you 😁😁😁

If you want SAO to not make any logical sense, then do what this person says.

But if you want to understand what is happening in the SAO series, then watch the series as is.

Because there is nothing wrong with any of the archs of this series.

The problem is people’s own personal opinions. They do not let the author tell his own story, these people complain because the story is not how they want it to be, which is extremely immature and illogical.
Note: I don’t lazily watch 3-5 episodes, biasedly compare to other anime, or unfairly judge by surface level similarities. With every anime I start, I watch the entire series and judge each based on what they present, to give an honest and fair rating.

Jan 15, 12:36 AM

Apr 2021
Chronon said:
To be honest, after Aincrad everything seemed a waste of time. That "in a game" charm gradually faded as the story progressed.

You are wrong.

The entire series is enjoyable to watch, including side stories, spin-offs, movies.

The anime is fine, but people like you have to get all serious, like it is supposed to be a best selling academy award winning series.

Just relax and have fun.

There nothing wrong with the archs.
Note: I don’t lazily watch 3-5 episodes, biasedly compare to other anime, or unfairly judge by surface level similarities. With every anime I start, I watch the entire series and judge each based on what they present, to give an honest and fair rating.

Jan 15, 2:06 AM
Jun 2022
I know better solution.
Don’t watch SAO in the first place 🤣
It’s a meh show. Not missing out on anything thing major.
Jan 15, 2:37 AM
Nov 2023
Like ^^^ that person said…
Jan 15, 2:38 AM
Sep 2021
crazy thing is it's the best arc in SAO
Jan 15, 2:46 AM

Apr 2021
ANR23 said:
I know better solution.
Don’t watch SAO in the first place 🤣
It’s a meh show. Not missing out on anything thing major.

You are wrong historically.

Sword Art Online caused a shift in the anime industry, meaning a major change in what anime were being produced.

And the series is fine, an enjoyable gaming experience, including sides, spin-offs, movies.

That you are to ignorant to realize this means a lot about you.

Jan 15, 2:49 AM

Apr 2021
FutoiOtaku said:
Like ^^^ that person said…

And what I responded to this ignorant person.

“ You are wrong historically.

Sword Art Online caused a shift in the anime industry, meaning a major change in what anime were being produced.

And the series is fine, an enjoyable gaming experience, including sides, spin-offs, movies.

That you are to ignorant to realize this means a lot about you. “

Jan 15, 2:54 AM
Nov 2023
Get some anger management or grow up, whichever is applicable! Oh and maybe look up ignorance in a dictionary. It isn’t a word to describe anyone who doesn’t share your opinion btw…
Jan 15, 2:58 AM
Jun 2022
FutoiOtaku said:
Get some anger management or grow up, whichever is applicable! Oh and maybe look up ignorance in a dictionary. It isn’t a word to describe anyone who doesn’t share your opinion btw…

It’s ok dude. It’s comments like these that keep a forum entertaining.
How he judged my whole character because I don’t like a poorly written story is so insane I want to learn that 🤣

I have no issues with the anime. It’s a decent popcorn watch.
But the story writing, character writing, execution of ideas is so bad, it’s insane.

So what I don’t like is how people call it a masterpiece. But it’s the first anime for many people making it emotionally important but ok.

This guy on the other hand is awesome. 🙅
Jan 15, 3:04 AM
Nov 2023
I totally agree ANR23. I quite enjoyed the 1st 2 seasons, didn’t mind the movie. But changing the future of anime? Historically wrong? Seems a bit of a narrow viewpoint. I think the best thing to come out of SAO was Gungale, thanks to getting a better writer. But overall, arguing and throwing insults over a cartoon aimed squarely at teens is a bit much!
Jan 15, 5:48 AM

Jan 2023
im gonna disagree with the arc not being important, it surely is not as important as other arcs. But the thing the Excalibur arc shows is how the Cardinal System is not afraid of completely changing stuff, with out warning even.

The reason this is important, is because of a lot of the plot after the original sword art online arc. Is how Akihabara's technology is still evolving and influencing the world and the Cardinal System will have a major role in that.

But if its not in your taste, then completely fair, you do you. I just liked to see the characters interacting and doing stuff together.
Jan 15, 6:04 AM
Dec 2023
xXGoreGrinderXx said:
I enjoyed the Excalibur side story.

Right, that was a good arc, I enjoyed it too
Jan 15, 7:08 AM
May 2023
I watched the Excalibur arc and yeah, it was a waste of time

Had nothing to do with the rest of the season either
Jan 15, 8:42 AM
Jul 2023
you're 10 years late for this thread. it's not 2014
Jan 15, 11:15 AM
Jun 2022
Season 2 is 10/10 as it is, but as the Guy above said, kind of too old for this thread
Jan 15, 6:05 PM
Apr 2023
Read the progressive light novel instead. Much better.
Jan 15, 10:10 PM
Nov 2022
Sao might have many flaws but I'll always be a "comfy filler" defender
ReXiRaJan 15, 10:15 PM
Jan 16, 12:50 AM

Sep 2022
Chronon said:

Exactly, I'm telling everyone who are thinking of starting SAO. After Aincard it is a waste of plot.
Jan 24, 11:11 PM
Aug 2022
honestly everything past ggo was kinda ass

More topics from this board

Poll: » Sword Art Online II Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

-Karoshi- - Dec 20, 2014

618 by MinaseNagi »»
Apr 17, 6:11 PM

Poll: » Sword Art Online II Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 26, 2014

958 by maki_evergarden »»
Mar 17, 9:33 AM

Poll: » Sword Art Online II Episode 16 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tsubasalover - Oct 25, 2014

289 by erixqh »»
Feb 22, 12:26 PM

Poll: » Sword Art Online II Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 12, 2014

762 by minu11 »»
Jan 26, 5:10 AM

» Do Kirito and Asuna's romance get developed further in this season and subsequent seasons? ( 1 2 )

holo-simp - Jul 20, 2023

51 by qnqel »»
Jan 5, 4:49 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.