3It was OK
7.8%
2Disliked it
0.5%
1Hated it
2.1%
Average 4.5
193 votes
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Jun 5, 2014 10:14 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Snap...those experiments looks bloody painful.

I see Nagate still hasn't given up yet. Benisuzume on the other hand kinda scares me. It was an alright episode, I liked how some of the brief flashbacks reflects the connections built previously.
Jun 6, 2014 6:00 AM

Jul 2007
Good to see that they did not cut out Kunato's character development.

Also the introduction of
was done perfectly, even if I expected a bit more emotion and sick-o tone in the voice.

Tanikaze's "promotion" was done a bit way too cheerfully considering the true undertones of it and that its pretty much a death sentence.

Still hope they include some of cut flashbacks from previous episode dealing with Hiro and the discovery of spears -the next few episodes are perfect place for that.
Jun 6, 2014 6:05 AM

Aug 2010
Nice ep. I don't know if that fast forward with Nagate becoming the squad leader and starting to have achievements was in the manga or they just rushed it but it wasn't bad.

Nagate is totally obsessed with Benisuzume hehe. But well I think I would be too. The voices she makes are so cute <3 it's like she's a baby in a hot adult body :3 wonder if looking at the spears will tell the other Benisuzume where they are?

And I see Nagate screwed himself with a double date XD

Loved seeing Norio piss his pants again XD and seeing Ochiai's clone was interesting.
Jun 6, 2014 6:06 AM
Content Admin
Overkilled Red

Aug 2013
Izana's face when Numi was getting chumy with Nagate. XD
Cute red Shizuka probably wanted get close to Nagate too, with her tentacles. Too bad..
I like her segmented way of calling Nagate's name. (^^)

Perhaps, Ochiai's (clone) right about his value. I have a feeling that Kobayashi will turn to him for help sooner of later.

Nagate's progress both as a squad leader and with red Shizuka was nice to see.
Looks like she improved as well, being able to stand on floor and point at Nagate. So adorable!

Yuhata asking Izana to make Nagate stop seeing placenta Shizuka as a 'man' was quite funny!

Liked how Nagate got asked to hang out both by Izana and Yuhata the same way.
He should get along with his harem once in a while though.

Always great seeing Kunato getting mentally tormented by G490 experience. XD

Oho. Looks like red Shizuka is always looking at where the Kabizashi is located.

Great episode with an interesting ending. Benisuzume is one her way once again!

Jun 6, 2014 6:24 AM
Jan 2014
Izana keeps getting more competition.
It was nice to see Red Hishijiro again.
Nagate's new squad seems solid, Seii is such a great guy.
I guess Kunato's suffering has gotten to the level of fanservice at this point :P.
I still have high hopes for Red Hoshijiro to gain more intelligence over time, there were some baby steps in this episode.
The Kabizashis seem to give out the position of Sidonia for Benisuzume.
ResidentJun 6, 2014 6:40 AM
Jun 6, 2014 6:29 AM

Jan 2012
Oh wow bad news for Sidonia... wonder how they sense Kabizashis too tough
Jun 6, 2014 6:34 AM

Mar 2013
Well, I'm only watching this for Benisuzume now. I'm terribly curious how she'll develop and what kind of impact she'll make once she does. She/it has the potential to become a great antagonist but the opposite holds true as well. Can't wait for next episode.

I really hope this gets a second season, kinda bummed that it's ending so soon.
SalemWitchJun 6, 2014 6:50 AM
Jun 6, 2014 6:35 AM

Nov 2010
Interesting stuff throughout and about Hoshijiro at the end
Kunato got his punishment from her as well

Nagate is going on a threesome date with Izana and Midorikawa
Please let Izana win!
Jun 6, 2014 6:56 AM

Jul 2010
That scientist Ochiai... I wonder what did he do.
Nagate is getting popular again! He being the squad captain and all those pictures.
Kunato haunted by Hoshijiro!
Nagate constant visits to EBD.
The Red Hoshijiro acting childlike was actually cute ^^
Red Hoshijiro is looking at the Kabizashi... maybe the emigrants are partially right about the Kabizashi.
Jun 6, 2014 7:04 AM

Aug 2007
Not a bad ep. Mostly more curious on the last bits and what that guy did but they pique my interest so I can't wait to see it unfold!

Sent with Mal Updater
Jun 6, 2014 9:01 AM
Jul 2011
i think i should get on the manga... this has got some interesting plot points
Jun 6, 2014 9:27 AM
Feb 2013
Awwww, this ain't gonna be good, co'z it look like that Benisuzume isn't just a copy of Hoshijiro, but a drone who can scan the whole of Sidonia and transmit it to other Benisuzumes around the area.
Jun 6, 2014 10:31 AM

Apr 2014
damn cant wait for the next ep
Jun 6, 2014 10:32 AM

Jan 2008
As expected, Tanikaze's doing so much better without Kunato in the picture.

Looks like Benisuzume wanted to get freaky using her tentacles on Tanikaze.

Expecting shit to go down next episode. But with only 3 episodes left, I doubt they'll cover most of the juicy bits of the manga. Oh well; I can only hope they have a second season green-lit in the works.
Jun 6, 2014 10:36 AM

Jun 2013
Good episode, wonder how Hoshijiro will develop.
Jun 6, 2014 10:37 AM

May 2012
Finally my boy is getting some notice.

Pretty good episode. Nagate is kicking ass out there. Happy they stop hating on him. Hoshijiro or Benisuzume is learning I guess. I wonder if she really is just a clone. Izana needs to become a girl already if she wants to be with Nagate and stop being jealous. That last part was kind of interesting. Seems like Benisuzume is a beacon or something. I feel like things are about get intense.

4/5
Jun 6, 2014 10:44 AM

Oct 2013
so they infiltrated Sidonia to find out were the weps are >.> wow these things are fucking brutal
[/quote]
Jun 6, 2014 11:09 AM

May 2013
Izana and Yuhata wanting to cheer up Nagate. Looks like he is gonna go out with the both of them. That Benisuzume being sneaky.
Jun 6, 2014 11:16 AM

Oct 2011
Oh Izana's grandmother : 0.

Takhiro : 0 Adds to his harem : )

What was with dat experiment???

YAY Tanikaze is squad leader. Popularity is back and I hope it stays that way

Benizusume still OMG 0__0 Dat aaaa is scary.

Kunato still suffering. You deserve it

Hoshijiro still alive???? Dat ending scene : 0
Jun 6, 2014 11:55 AM
Dec 2012
wow , it's Saya no Uta all over again , My lovely tentacle monster girlfriend can't be this cute. XD
Tanikaze is basically Jim Raynold at this point(you gotta believe !)
about the Kabizashi topic , i kinda suspect that it lure Gauna in since it's the only thing that can kill Gauna, here we take a look at Animal's behaviour. Most of the Animals tend to avoid the predator or hostile object but since the kabizashi is just a rock , guarding them will ensure their race safety , but i doubt that only it , since the Gauna attack Earth before the discovery of Kabizashi so it's must be both Kabizashi and hygs particle generator that lure them in, hench the possibility of coexistence, if able to communicate,just like Gargantia.
Jun 6, 2014 12:40 PM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
Was I the only one who loved the montage scene when Tanikaze was made squad leader? It had a delightful mix of action and tongue in cheek in humor while showing Tanikaze's unhealthy interest in Benisuzume. The music they used was killer too.

The Ochiai scientist dude must have been very, very naughty to be put into that kind of restraint. I wonder if he will break free at some point soon? Kunato sure took interest in him (they look alike too).
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Jun 6, 2014 1:17 PM

Apr 2012
So the theory that the Guana only attack or are attracted to the Kabizashi seems to be gaining traction. Poor Tanikaze has an unhealthy obsession with the gauna Hoshijiro clone because he can't cope with her death. Wistful thinking on his part since her personality is that of a major stroke victim or a vegetable lol >_>.

great episode, only 3 left though T_T
zzzeallyJun 6, 2014 1:22 PM

Jun 6, 2014 1:21 PM

Jul 2007
Zeally said:
So the theory that the Guana only attack or are attracted to the Kabizashi seems to be gaining traction. Poor Tanikaze has an unhealthy obsession with the gauna Hoshijiro clone because he can't cope with her death. Wistful thinking on his part since her personality is that of a major stroke victim or a vegetable lol >_>.

Bad comparison. Vegetables or stroke victims do not generally display the intent to tentacle rape you to death o.o
Jun 6, 2014 1:23 PM

Apr 2012
Fai said:
Zeally said:

Bad comparison. Vegetables or stroke victims do not generally display the intent to tentacle rape you to death o.o

indeed >.>

Jun 6, 2014 1:29 PM

Jul 2007
AnimeFan500 said:
Hoshijiro still alive???? Dat ending scene : 0

She died. Now she is a gauna. Deal with it. And wait for Tsumugi.
Jun 6, 2014 1:51 PM

Jul 2013
Poor Nagate, still hung up on Hoshijiro.

....she was best girl after all.

Damn the Gauna are sneaky tho.
"Komugi, are you there?"

Jun 6, 2014 2:55 PM

Nov 2013
Oh geez they screwed up my counting now that people died in battle off screen with no numbers given :(
Ehh and I was wrong about Seii dying on his first mission.

I'm starting to feel bad for Kunato... Actually no, I wanted to see him shit his pants more :|

Hmmm that whole Ochiai business seems interesting. I don't trust that guy... But then again Kobayashi doesn't seem too trustworthy either. Man, too many interesting things but the show is almost over...

I really felt bad for Nagate when he was asking about what Placenta Hoshijiro would be considered... It seems he still can't completely let go.

Dat cliff hangar though... 5/5
Jun 6, 2014 3:10 PM

Apr 2014
Fai said:
Zeally said:

I'd want that gauna hoshijiro to tentacle rape me any day.
Jun 6, 2014 3:21 PM

Nov 2013
Z4k said:
Fai said:

I'd want that gauna hoshijiro to tentacle rape me any day.

Wat ._.
Jun 6, 2014 3:23 PM
Jul 2018
Tanikaze is obsessed with a Benisuzume. He also is a squad leader now.
Jun 6, 2014 3:44 PM
Feb 2012
Botato said:
Oh geez they screwed up my counting now that people died in battle off screen with no numbers given :(

I'm starting to feel bad for Kunato... Actually no, I wanted to see him shit his pants more :|

Hmmm that whole Ochiai business seems interesting. I don't trust that guy... But then again Kobayashi doesn't seem too trustworthy either. Man, too many interesting things but the show is almost over...

I really felt bad for Nagate when he was asking about what Placenta Hoshijiro would be considered... It seems he still can't completely let go.

At this point there's no way there's going to be an anime only ending so it may be over for only a couple seasons.
Jun 6, 2014 4:08 PM

Jul 2007
Leviathonlx said:
Botato said:

At this point there's no way there's going to be an anime only ending so it may be over for only a couple seasons.

^This

Despite some changes and rearrangements so far they stuck quite close to the manga.

Unless they pull Claymore(shudder), chances are they won't stray away
Jun 6, 2014 4:15 PM

Nov 2013
Fai said:
Leviathonlx said:

^This

Despite some changes and rearrangements so far they stuck quite close to the manga.

Unless they pull Claymore(shudder), chances are they won't stray away

I never said there would be one though.
But there's a possibility we get a cliff hangar or something and we never get a continuation. That's what I'm worried about.
Jun 6, 2014 5:37 PM

Aug 2013
So the new Hoshijiros are communicating and laying out the details of the ship together?
My Candies:
Jun 6, 2014 6:46 PM
Oct 2010
The scene where it transitions from the lab to hosihijro clone number 2 was pretty awesome. It actually felt menacing and creepy.
Jun 6, 2014 7:20 PM

Dec 2013
Next episode promises, that ending was ... interesting.

So kunato gave up being a pilot and is having nightmares? Still little to what he deserves. I'm already seeing hel doing something stupid like waking up that guy who was "sleeping".

About the end, it means the "crazy" people were right all this time? the only reason Gaunas target sidonia it's because of Kabizashis?
Jun 6, 2014 8:21 PM

Jun 2012
Hoshijiro :(

I really want things to turn out well for Tanikaze but I think he's only going to lose more as he continues to grasp at this hope... Can't wait to see how this plays out; we're nearing the end
Jun 6, 2014 8:35 PM

Aug 2013
ResidentANM said:

I guess Kunato's suffering has gotten to the level of fan service at this point :P.

Haha so true and it's something I don't mind seeing. That bastard totally deserves to suffer.

So is Benisuzume acting as some kind of beacon? How would the other gauna know what it's looking at anyway...unless they're still connected in some way. Man that's scary O__O

I don't like this Ochiai guy. Evil scientist means abominable or immoral experiments. I have a bad feeling about this :/
"May those who accept their fate be granted happiness."

"May those who defy their fate be granted glory."
Jun 6, 2014 8:53 PM

Feb 2012
I wish they didn't fast-forward the part where Nagate became squad leader :p I kind of wanted to see how his team grew and stuff
Reality is better than memories.
A reality where I exist and you're right here next to me.

-Yano Motoharu
Jun 6, 2014 9:37 PM

Feb 2012
What is up with the ship's security? You'd think they'd put up some tougher firewalls at their top secret facilities. Kunato's servant(?) just hacked in like it was nothing. Like really? Now it's obvious that bastard's going to either set that guy free or go down there and talk to him.

I just want him to die already!
Jun 6, 2014 9:53 PM

Jan 2011
For a bunch of placenta that Hoshijiro clone is kinda cute. Tanikaze really is developing an unhealthy attachment to it though, I can just see the drama it's gonna cause.
Jun 6, 2014 10:03 PM

Aug 2012
Yvese said:
What is up with the ship's security? You'd think they'd put up some tougher firewalls at their top secret facilities. Kunato's servant(?) just hacked in like it was nothing. Like really? Now it's obvious that bastard's going to either set that guy free or go down there and talk to him.

Mozuku (Kunato's sister), "just hacked in like it was nothing" because it was their own security system.

ReaperCreeper said:
For a bunch of placenta that Hoshijiro clone is kinda cute. Tanikaze really is developing an unhealthy attachment to it though, I can just see the drama it's gonna cause.

Just wait, you'll be surprised.
VeldarthJun 6, 2014 10:28 PM
Jun 6, 2014 10:19 PM

Oct 2013
As soon as Tanikaze was asked if he wanted to unwind, I instantly thought "do not go to the fucking bathysphere".
Jun 6, 2014 10:36 PM

Jul 2007
miichiin said:
I wish they didn't fast-forward the part where Nagate became squad leader :p I kind of wanted to see how his team grew and stuff

Considering its supposed to be tongue-in-cheek and cynically ironic, I am okay that they did it the way they did it. You are not supposed to be "happy" about his position, since promotions make you into a cannon fodder and are pretty much death warrant..
Jun 6, 2014 11:07 PM

Feb 2012
Onuma said:
Yvese said:

Mozuku (Kunato's sister), "just hacked in like it was nothing" because it was their own security system.
Complete cop out. That's like saying all the contractors the US government deals with would easily be able to hack and steal/sell/reveall secrets since they own the systems. No, something like that would take an army of Chinese hackers. In this show? Just a girl with a tablet.

Come on now. It's just a lazy way of getting Kunato involved so viewers can continue punching the screen whenever he shows up on it because you KNOW he's going to do something retarded.
Jun 6, 2014 11:31 PM

Sep 2012
See? A much better, more human Kunato appears! Now why couldn't he be more like that from the beginning?

This show is a bit too slow paced, especially given it's only 13 episodes. It feels more sci-fi mystery than action if anything. I'm also not really getting a sense of "desperation and despair" from Sidonia, seeing as how they're letting people settle on planets and so forth. Hopefully when (if?) they reach the hive, things will start picking up.
Jun 6, 2014 11:33 PM

Dec 2013
Kondo-Isao said:
As soon as Tanikaze was asked if he wanted to unwind, I instantly thought "do not go to the fucking bathysphere".

lol yeah, no kidding. That thing seems like it's cursed at this point. Any of the couples or potential couples that have been in it before a battle so far have been torn apart.
Matsuoka Yoshitsugu has hardly any range as a voice actor, and is grossly over-cast.

Yeah. I said it.
Jun 7, 2014 12:27 AM

May 2012
03:38 dat GMILF

05:39 wuttt

11:14 I bet Kuna'd go after that power

7.5/10 for this ep.
Isayama Hajime should be awarded The Manga with The Highest Inconsistencies of Characters' Appearances.
He keeps performing multiple plastic surgeries on those Shingeki No Kyojin characters in a SINGLE chapter.
Yes, I've read up to the latest chapter of Shingeki No Kyojin manga.
Forced myself to read through the kidsketching chapters after the anime's ended. At least from now on, I only have to go through the hell once a month.
Patiently awaiting SNK TV/movie/OVA anime-sequel.
The 2015 SNK live-action movie would probably suck.
Jun 7, 2014 12:36 AM

May 2013
STAHP IZANA, YOUR FACE XD

Well, overall, *inserts laugh here* Kunato, karma's payback.
The world shall know the truth soon.
Jun 7, 2014 1:48 AM

Mar 2012
Dat Izana face. Need gif.
TravSavageJun 7, 2014 1:53 AM
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Sidonia no Kishi Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 10, 2014

304 by setarcos »»
Jun 9, 4:29 AM

Poll: » Sidonia no Kishi Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jun 26, 2014

228 by OlaEdu »»
Apr 26, 5:14 AM

Poll: » Sidonia no Kishi Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jun 19, 2014

135 by Archean-Return »»
Oct 31, 2023 1:33 PM

Poll: » Sidonia no Kishi Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jun 12, 2014

112 by Archean-Return »»
Oct 31, 2023 12:57 PM

Poll: » Sidonia no Kishi Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - May 29, 2014

163 by Archean-Return »»
Oct 31, 2023 11:27 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.