Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Jan 29, 2019 9:00 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Yup, I'm not surprised expectations are high as ever for pretty much everyone. With competition, everyone is stepping up their game.

Not bad for a buildup episode. I feel the psychology of it and while the tension is high, I like how high spirited the Kansei University team is. Feels like the stakes are higher than ever. I'm rooting for Kansei of course but it won't be easy.
Jan 29, 2019 9:04 AM

Nov 2007
They are on newspaper, and caught other attention.

That dark skinned guy is guessing that girl likes one of the twins.

Learning about the real preliminary stage.

He had doubt about not much training, but main guy reassured no more pressure.

lol @ filming for report and trying to be proper.

NTV for TV broadcast. Raining for the real thing.

Messy water area (for the empty cups underground)... I hope he is ok.
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Jan 29, 2019 12:10 PM

Jul 2015
i feel the tension for them literally
well i want to cheer on those boys ;3 thats how this episode made me feel

Well...
Jan 29, 2019 12:12 PM

Jul 2017
Damn already at the qualifiers(?) and wonderful words of wisdom from the coach

Also big F for the dude who tripped on the table
Jan 29, 2019 12:29 PM

Aug 2014
The suspense is killing me

Jan 29, 2019 12:58 PM

Nov 2016
Now we know what Musa meant, sry to ma fujos and fundanshisactually not really

Once again, the build has been great in this episode. They do one hell of a job to make every single second of this series enjoyable and it was very hard to contain my excitement.

But those cliffhanger are killing me..

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Jan 29, 2019 1:15 PM

Dec 2016
THE BATTLE OF CONCENTRATION MUST BE WON BOYS
“I love heroes, but I don't want to be one. Do you even know what a hero is!? For example, you have some meat. Pirates will feast on the meat, but the hero will distribute it among the people! I want to eat the meat!” - Monkey D. Luffy
Jan 29, 2019 1:32 PM

Apr 2016
I hope they are trying to troll us with the preview.
Jan 29, 2019 1:38 PM
Former AMQ God

Sep 2014
Seeing Haiji so concerned if what he's doing before the race is right was the best scene of the episode IMO. Kakeru giving him advice after that learning experience from the past was really cool (after all, he feels at peace now after episode 13 and can talk pretty freely to the team members).

Prince keeping up with Nico and King for the moment :O

Surely a fakeout cliffhanger, SURELY RIGHT?
Jan 29, 2019 1:45 PM

Nov 2018
I have a terrible feeling about Haiji... Always had since the start of the anime

Hana doesn't like the twins in my opinion, but I hope Kakeru gets jelous
Jan 29, 2019 2:17 PM

Feb 2017
I love how they captured a feeling of an really important race. I got that cold feeling similar to the one I used to get when I raced.

I loved Kakeru and Musa gossiping lol. I'm surprised Hana might like one of the twins. I thought if she liked anyone it would be Kakeru.
Jan 29, 2019 2:48 PM

Sep 2011
I don't know how this anime manages it, but it really made me care about ten characters, actually even more, and that's no easy feat for a sports anime with a big team like this one. Of course some of them have more screen time, and development than the others, but they all feel like real characters with substance. I still don't really like Kakeru, but he is no longer insufferable so. lol

Now, about the episode. The scene with the university finally acknowledging Haiji's efforts with his team just because they got a bit famous didn't sit well with me, but I guess that's how things works, they had nothing going for them after all. But it's still sad that even their tracksuits had to be provided by other people, but it's also a happy thing since it was a gift from people who truly care, and well, it's fine. lol

I'm also curious about Yuki's circumstances and seemingly broken relationship with his parents. He was cool from the start, even if only for hating all the cigarette smoke and for his looks, but I'm looking forward for a bit more of development for him.

I got worried with them appearing on TV too because I thought it was going to be something like an interview, and that creepy reporter would mention Kakeru's past or something. Well, I guess there is still the chance of this happening when they pass the qualifier, but for now it was just that guy filming their routine, and Haiji was pretty cool. I mean, I think that guy was the one from the TV.

Prince's shaking also got to me, and it's a pity, at least to me, that Kakeru was the one to calm his heart, but it works. I can see them passing in a compelling fashion, Haiji was really prepared and it felt like he had a really good grasp of the race, they can do this! But that cliffhanger is worrying to say the least, I hope he doesn't hurt his leg.

And I'm a bit disappointed that what Musa found out had nothing to do with BL, I mean, I don't even think that he is right, but Hana-chan with the twins, or just one of them lol, is certainly cute, and way better than forcing a shallow relationship with Kakeru just because he is the protagonist.
Jan 29, 2019 4:14 PM

Dec 2014
Great episode again.

It was nice seeing Haiji concerned about the rest of the team and if he was truly doing the right thing, Kakeru cheering him up after his recent experiences was great too. :)

Now we know what Musa's secret was. xD

The running sequences are fantastic as always. Soundtrack direction is top notch as always. Loving every moment of it.

Love how Hana-chan is also trying her best from the sidelines and keeping the team notified of what's going on and to not get caught up in the pace of the lead pack.

That cliffhanger, hope this doesn't pose a problem for Haiji.
Jan 29, 2019 4:48 PM
Mar 2015
Nice of Kakaru to calm Haijii down Don't trip Haijii
Jan 29, 2019 6:29 PM
Review Moderator
Onii Chan

Mar 2018
I like how all the international students are really ahead of the the regular athletes thats a nice touch, also the ending was scary hope it ends well for them.
Jan 29, 2019 7:26 PM

Sep 2017
The tension was really high up to the start of the race. They made it feel pretty epic tbh. I'm sure our team will make it but I'm excited to see how it plays out.

Pretty troll that someone would fall down right in front of Haiji like that. I hope nothing bad happens with his gimped leg.
Jan 29, 2019 7:39 PM

Jul 2016
Very good episode. I loved how the atmosphere was set until the day of the competition.

The motivational speech Haiji gave to the team was also wonderful, I really enjoyed that scene.

All in all, it was a very enjoyable episode and I'm really excited for the next one.

And also, that cliffhanger tho... HAIJI, JUMP!, JUMP!!
SouthRzVaJan 29, 2019 7:56 PM
Jan 29, 2019 8:53 PM

Oct 2015
The qualifiers started off with such intensity.

I wonder what is with Haiji on that cliffhanger?
How I learned to stop worrying and love the bomb --- Dr Strangelove

Jan 29, 2019 9:26 PM
Jun 2016
1. Lol...people thinking that Musa's discovery is either Hana x Kakeru, or Twin x twin(incest being wincest). Anime fans and their overactive imaginations.!

As for me it's Hana x Haji.

(By the way, I think that Hana is just friendly with the twins.).

2.On to the show...looks like our bois are really gearing up for the main show. Though it would be somewhat painful if they don't qualify. I like what they are doing...not moving too fast intially.

3.And another cliffhanger. As we say in Nigeria, wetin be dis?
"The greatness of one's sorrow when parting is the evidence of the deepness of one's love, so if one fears sadness, one wouldn't be able to love anything."
Jan 29, 2019 11:27 PM

Jul 2016
damn so intense just for the qualifier, i hope haiji is okay tho. ma bro got some nasty scar cant have another one
Jan 30, 2019 12:13 AM

Mar 2016
They are going to be on TV. haha

Musa is shipping the twins with the girl, while Kakeru is like "They're both the same anyway."

'The more you polish it, the more brittle it gets.' I loved that line. That is so true. I think there is a name for that in psychology, but I can't remember it.

I felt bad for the guy who fell. Is Haiji also going trip because of the man, or is Haiji going to save him? (I don't think the man will be ignored.)

Oh god, Haiji really makes me worried about him every single episode!!
はいじ君、ガンバれ!!!
Jan 30, 2019 12:47 AM

Mar 2016
Coach speech made me laugh pretty hard and that cliffhanger omg cant wait for next ep
Jan 30, 2019 5:17 AM
Apr 2017
What an episode, this is imo one of the best anime of the season. There's definitely something more
Jan 30, 2019 7:02 AM

Jun 2015
if anything happens to Haiji i'm throwing hands
They all feel the same adjust to the pain..like tears in the rain..

Jan 30, 2019 7:03 AM

Feb 2014
Tsarko said:

I loved Kakeru and Musa gossiping lol. I'm surprised Hana might like one of the twins. I thought if she liked anyone it would be Kakeru.

I still do think Hana is gonna end up with Kakeru. *gut feeling
When someone asks me why I like anime, I'd say Just Because.

Jan 30, 2019 7:08 AM

Jul 2013
damn that was an intense episode, and the cliffhanger and just the overall tripping of that poor guy felt incredibly nerve-racking.

Fayrin said:
Now, about the episode. The scene with the university finally acknowledging Haiji's efforts with his team just because they got a bit famous didn't sit well with me, but I guess that's how things works, they had nothing going for them after all. But it's still sad that even their tracksuits had to be provided by other people, but it's also a happy thing since it was a gift from people who truly care, and well, it's fine. lol

judging from haiji's reaction after he closed the door, i bet that didn't sit well with him either. especially since they expressed their wishes for their success in a mocking tone, or at least that's how i have perceived it
Jan 30, 2019 9:35 AM

Mar 2017
Such an amazing episode! My boys are finally starting the climb towards Hakone Ekiden! I never knew so much went into running to be honest... who says anime doesn't teach u anything?
Jan 30, 2019 12:11 PM

Dec 2016
cringy cliffhanger but otherwise good episode - nice speech by haiji, a hint of future development with yuki?
AnimeFreak-San said:
is this a male gender issure...human issue...mental illness perhaps?
Jan 30, 2019 12:26 PM

Jan 2012
Oh god why??!! Second time they are ending the episode with Haiji in a bad situation. My heart can't take this.
Jan 30, 2019 12:27 PM

Jun 2007
their coach's words were so deep
Haiji needs to be protected at all costs
Hana and the twins are probably just good friends but well whatever
marzus said:
What an episode, this is imo one of the best anime of the season. There's definitely something more

just noticed that the word on Hana's chest is "to go" in slightly broken russian
see you, space cowperson . . .
Jan 30, 2019 12:29 PM

May 2017
Goddamn. I feel bad for the dude who knocked over the table, but hell, get it together. And honestly, it could always be an intentional thing, especially when we just learned that some teams put in up to 14 runners for insurance that they get the best time. One could sacrifice himself to fuck up the time of other dudes, especially if it's potentially a two or three second delay caused by a fall, that could be detrimental for a team.

This episode was so great. So much intensity in almost every ep, and the cliffhangers are done so well. I'm going to be aching for next weeks ep
Jan 30, 2019 1:05 PM

Aug 2016
Qualifier time and damn that fool who collided with the table, he better not take Haiji out.
Next episode preview worries me, with them looking back and I'm sure the smile was red head, which doesn't bode well.
I was right, just as I said last week, Musa was talking about the twins.
“I just spent the last two years thinking that you guys knew more than me about life and I just found out that you guys are just as dumb as me.” “Duh-doy.” “Yeah, duh-doy.”
Jan 30, 2019 3:06 PM
Apr 2016
I'm laughing a lot at the speculation made about what Musa meant in the last episode now that we know the truth. I believed in some kkkk
Jan 30, 2019 5:04 PM

Jan 2011
shit thought it was Musa being Musa but those twins were hanging with her outside of practice !

that end NOO god damn it why they gotta put Haji in a bad situation again knew someone was gonna wipe out once i saw all those tables
Jan 30, 2019 5:44 PM

Jun 2009
I don't think Hana is into the twins. :D I do hope she doesn't end up with Kakeru either. There hasn't been any development between those two so far. As for Haiji, I hope he's goung to be fine. ;_;
Jan 30, 2019 10:02 PM

Oct 2008
OH NO!
I hope Haiji would not fall over! seems like bad luck for him if it happens...
5/5.
well from the looks of the next ep preview...looks like problems ahead!

Jan 31, 2019 2:37 AM

Aug 2014
the manga only has 50 Chapters so the anime could probably cover the whole manga. does anyone know where to start reading after this ep?
"Even if it has good reviews, if I don't like it then it is shit"

-Some random anime character
Jan 31, 2019 4:45 AM

Aug 2016
Mezo-RPWPA said:
the manga only has 50 Chapters so the anime could probably cover the whole manga. does anyone know where to start reading after this ep?

The anime series is based on the original novel, not the manga, so there won't be a point you can switch to the manga.
I'm glad they didn't base it on the manga, because the character designs in that are nowhere near as good as the series.

“I just spent the last two years thinking that you guys knew more than me about life and I just found out that you guys are just as dumb as me.” “Duh-doy.” “Yeah, duh-doy.”
Jan 31, 2019 4:50 AM

Aug 2014
JokerVentura said:
Mezo-RPWPA said:

The anime series is based on the original novel, not the manga, so there won't be a point you can switch to the manga.
I'm glad they didn't base it on the manga, because the character designs in that are nowhere near as good as the series.

good to know, the designs are better in the anime tbh.
"Even if it has good reviews, if I don't like it then it is shit"

-Some random anime character
Jan 31, 2019 5:00 AM

Aug 2016
Mezo-RPWPA said:
JokerVentura said:

good to know, the designs are better in the anime tbh.

Yeah, the series has put a lot more effort in.
The characters look so real and the detail on them, like Prince are great.
The character designs in the manga just look a little lazy.
You can tell who is who, but they lack any charm.
Jan 31, 2019 6:24 AM
Apr 2010
This anime keeps getting better and better after every.single.episode. I don't know how they do it but damn, I love everything about it.
Jan 31, 2019 9:20 PM

Jan 2011
JokerVentura said:
Mezo-RPWPA said:

lmao, I needed to see these.
Feb 2, 2019 7:51 AM

Sep 2018
This anime series thrills me so much: before the start of the race I was very strong. Emotional and always inspired narrative, dialogues always do their job well, with pearls that are wisdom to be framed. Drawings etc, excellent as quality.
Feb 2, 2019 10:24 AM

Jul 2014
Ah now we see what Musa was talking about when he said to Kakeru that he discovered something! xD

Great episode as always, the build-up is making me so excited and I can't wait for it to continue.
Feb 3, 2019 7:20 AM

Feb 2017
poor random dude unintentionaly kicking table leg xD

MAL score and most user-based rating system are all joke, Imagine trusting plebs and hivemind. Find users who have good sense and rating and use them as a reference. Check my guide to rate
Your taste is trash. Cope, seethe, mald
Feb 3, 2019 8:36 AM

Dec 2018
The preview already told us that Haiji fell 😭. I cant stand at these misfortunes on challenge moments tbh
Feb 3, 2019 2:06 PM

Jan 2013
I've just caught up after a monthly break and now they left me with THIS CLIFFHANGER. Oh God.
Feb 3, 2019 3:15 PM
Jul 2018
IAintAllBad said:
if anything happens to Haiji i'm throwing hands

I'm with you! *smashes the protect button for Haiji*
Feb 3, 2019 7:00 PM

Jun 2008
Ugh, I've had a bad feeling about something happening to Haiji too. Please don't let anything happen to him!
HEY!
Feb 3, 2019 8:40 PM

Jul 2017
Okay so at first I thought they were hinting at Kakeru and Haiji a bit (although that might have been wishful thinking on my part) but now I'm almost thinking Hana and Kakeru??

Maybe??

Cuz like Musa specifically telling Kakeru that he thinks she likes one of the twins and Kakeru caring enough to go as far as to specificially ask whihc Musa thinks she likes seemed like maybe they were trying to hint at Kakeru having feelings for Hana.

And looking back at the 'oh do you have a girlfirend cuz the stars were so pretty tonight' moment with Haiji and Kakeru, I see it differently. Before it seemed like Haiji was flirting with Kakeru, but now I'm asked because Hana was there and he's trying to set them up or he suspects that they like eachother.

But then again, maybe Im wrong and it really is gonna be Hana and one of the twins since they showed her spending time alone with them smiling and such and the twins have liked her since the beginning.

BUT as that is what can easily be grasped by watching the show and made clearer through Musa's 'observations' I feel that that's not what is going to happen.

In any case, the whole focus of this anime is the Hakone and their friendships, so no matter what pairing they are trying to hint at, I doubt it will be a big deal to the anime.

Any thoughts? Or interest in me going deeper with my analysis? I'm always open for theorizing~

As for the non-romantic plot of the show, this episode made me very happy and emotional.

They are so close to their goal. When I started this anime I never thought I'd get this invested, lol.

Can't wait for the next ep ^-^
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kaze ga Tsuyoku Fuiteiru Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 11, 2018

68 by Beguni »»
Sep 5, 9:27 AM

Poll: » Kaze ga Tsuyoku Fuiteiru Episode 17 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Feb 12, 2019

54 by ngoclong19 »»
Aug 19, 1:51 PM

» Elite Runners

JSeanaY - Jul 16

5 by RGreatDanton »»
Jul 26, 12:04 PM

Poll: » Kaze ga Tsuyoku Fuiteiru Episode 23 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Mar 26, 2019

210 by a0i-kun »»
May 27, 6:03 AM

Poll: » Kaze ga Tsuyoku Fuiteiru Episode 14 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jan 22, 2019

94 by a0i-kun »»
May 25, 9:27 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.