Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Feb 15, 2019 5:25 AM

Oct 2012
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
This part wasn't as interesting as part 1 honestly speaking. The only plus side is Kougami had some screen time.

Wasn't expecting the one who killed most of the important military personnel was the wife of Teppei's friend but she ultimately died too.

Also, THANK GOODNESS Mika was at the sidelines this time and didn't appear at all other than the few seconds in the beginning which still shows her being bitchy as usual.
「友達なんていない。人はすぐに裏切るし、学校っていうのは誰かを標的にしないとやってられない馬鹿共の集 まり。ままごとみたいな役決めて、仲のいいふりして都合が悪くなったら知らんぷり。そんな奴らと仲良くした いとか全然思わない。」
Oct 17, 2019 7:48 PM
Mar 2015
Interesting how well prepared the husband and wife and Sugo were
Oct 17, 2019 10:39 PM

Apr 2010
A nuclear submarine in a city called Dejima in Kyushu?

Dude, c'mon, this franchise couldn't be more blatant that it's ripping off Ghost in the Shell: Standalone Complex at this point.
Oct 17, 2019 11:07 PM

Oct 2015
Nice backstory!

That was sad and thrilling at the same time. I kinda did suspect the wife, but I threw my suspicion when that military guy said Otomo should be arrested, I thought they knew something we didn't. But I don't blame her though, those guys did a cruel thing to her husband, even to the child she miscarried because of the incident. Anybody would take revenge against those bastard.

That was enjoyable and very thrilling, I'm still saddened by Masaoka's death later on. I liked that this movie was able to take us to his glory moment, Ginoza should be proud. I still think Ginoza looked with the short hair, oh well! Good plot and always a great animation along with the music.

Will be waiting for the third one to be subbed!

7/10.
lihle808Oct 17, 2019 11:14 PM
How I learned to stop worrying and love the bomb --- Dr Strangelove

Oct 17, 2019 11:45 PM

Feb 2014
Was quite nostalgic to see the old mates in action. Masaoka really was a commendable father figure till the end. He never went back on his ideals.
I really like how they connected the characters through this arc. Hope the new season would be as good as the original.
When someone asks me why I like anime, I'd say Just Because.

Oct 18, 2019 12:33 AM
Oct 2007
Definitely like it better than the first case. Can't wait for the last case and 3rd season (which is unfortunately only 8 episodes).
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 20, 2019 6:38 AM
The Komori

Mar 2013
Jiharo said:
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
This part wasn't as interesting as part 1 honestly speaking. The only plus side is Kougami had some screen time.

Wasn't expecting the one who killed most of the important military personnel was the wife of Teppei's friend but she ultimately died too.

Also, THANK GOODNESS Mika was at the sidelines this time and didn't appear at all other than the few seconds in the beginning which still shows her being bitchy as usual.
This was better in every way, I have no idea what you were smoking lol

I didn't really have an opinion on Teppei, but after getting his backstory and seeing the events of this case + his relationship with Gino's dad, I really fucks with this guy now

That coupled with the fact that the old trio was back in action in this one made me too happy. Also that finally scene has to be something that'll be a plot point in S3 =o
Oct 20, 2019 12:26 PM

Apr 2012
This Case succeeded more in making me realize how badly I need to re-watch seasons 1 and 2 than it honestly did entertaining me. The whole thing was just one giant flashback to explain who Sugo is, which means there weren't any actual stakes, and I just don't feel like we really needed to dedicate this much time to Sugo's backstory... It's just "meh".
Oct 20, 2019 2:35 PM
Jun 2017
as someone whose fave is Sugo, i can say i was satisfied. he was done justice - and so were Risa. i'm glad the staff understood they were in need of some more screentime because Se2 clearly wasn't enough. it was naturally a nice bonus that Masaoka was in the picture too - the connection these three characters and Gino have is just. heartwrenching in a satisfying way. rewatching Se2 would be extra painful now. i'm curious if Sugo's tie to Masaoka will come up later - it would be a waste if Gino and he wouldn't discuss that it was basically Gino's dad who gave him a reason to try to live a meaningful life even after the horrible thing he was forced to do.

the story was very okay with some Patlabor 2 references. never bad to have those. it was also more easier to follow than Case.1, luckily.
Oct 24, 2019 10:06 AM

Dec 2015
I just realized that I forgot tons of stuff. While there seems to be some manga as well I think only the first and 2nd season + movie are important and I only remember the season 1.

Aoiyanagi was supposed to have been killed in season 2 and I did not remember that. Didn't even remember having seen her before. Guess I need to rewatch season 2 or read some summaries on it before watchign season 3.

Those movies were nice so far. Liked the first one. And this one as background story from the past was nice as well.
Oct 24, 2019 12:41 PM

Feb 2017
This one was pretty damn good. For a one hour movie case managed to be quite interesting and the military higher-ups served their purpose well. What I liked the most was of course more insight into Sugo, Masaoka and even a bit of ispector Aoyanagi. Now I am even more sad the former two are dead. We also got some insight into military and their dynamic with the police, which I also found welcome.

Animation and action scenes were also great. Even Kougami got some time to shine. This movie is definitely the best thing since season 1 in my opinion. Now onto Case 3.

Also something will definitely come out of that Frederica and Sugo sub-plot. Looking forward to seeing it.
TsarkoOct 24, 2019 12:47 PM
Oct 25, 2019 3:40 AM

Oct 2017
Better than the first part of the three movies but still nothing great. Thou it was good to see the old faces around, specially Kougami and Masaoka. Also the wife being the mastermind was kinda surprising. I did think she had a hand in all this but didn't think she was the mastermind behind everything. Anyway let's see how the next movie turns out.
Oct 25, 2019 4:46 AM

Nov 2018
I liked this movie. I didn't really suspect Rin so that came as a surprise it was her behind the attacks. Makes sense though, was sad. Also I have a feeling Sugou had feelings for her the way he called by her first name when she died.
Sugou is a likable character indeed. Was nice to have some focus on Aoyanagi and Masaoka as well. And Kagari also still alive here.
OrangeCloudsOct 25, 2019 5:28 AM
Oct 25, 2019 5:23 AM

May 2010
Weird, it just feel so "Psychopasslesser".
Oct 26, 2019 8:40 AM

Aug 2016
MegamiRem said:
Better than the first part of the three movies but still nothing great. Thou it was good to see the old faces around.

I second that. 5/10
Ego = 1 / Knowledge | "More the Knowledge Lesser the Ego, Lesser the Knowledge More the Ego." Albert Einstein
My ratings:
Oct 26, 2019 4:19 PM

Oct 2009
"It's impossible to change who you are. The time will come."
not sure how accurate the translation is. What do you guys think about these final sentences? And do you think the earrings have some meaning?

Oct 27, 2019 2:37 AM

Nov 2011
Way better than Case 1, had a better pacing and was better contained in a 1h movie. And it actually tried to add something new, Sugo's backstory was nice, so he's more of a fleshed out character now and not just a "random, anonymous enforcer that you don't care about". Seing Masaoka again was nice too.
Oct 27, 2019 7:38 AM
Oct 2016
can someone tell me why the military guy at the end stopped shooting at Masaoka and chose to run towards the sea? Dad has plot armor just like his son?
Oct 27, 2019 12:05 PM
Jun 2017
Pokebird said:
can someone tell me why the military guy at the end stopped shooting at Masaoka and chose to run towards the sea? Dad has plot armor just like his son?

i think he was just simply a coward, went into panic mode and ran for it. pretty pathetic but not surprising from his kind, lol.
Oct 27, 2019 3:09 PM

Jan 2018
Damn it was nostalgic to see the old characters from season 1.
I really like this movie, imo it's better than the first one.

8/10
Oct 27, 2019 9:47 PM

Jul 2012
I enjoyed this one more than the first.

Really good characters and story.
Oct 28, 2019 8:06 PM
Nov 2018
i like it more than case 1, great seeing all the old characters!
Oct 30, 2019 2:00 PM

Oct 2010
WiseKouichi said:
"It's impossible to change who you are. The time will come."
not sure how accurate the translation is. What do you guys think about these final sentences? And do you think the earrings have some meaning?

The correct translation would be: "I cannot force you to change your mind, but the coming situation might"
Which implies something might happen between 2116 (time of their conversation) - 2120 (S3)
Something did happen in those 4 years, because at the start of S3 Akane is no longer an Inspector and Ginoza, Teppei Sugo and Yayoi Kunizuka are no longer enforcers in Division 1.
HyackNov 1, 2019 2:31 AM
Nov 1, 2019 9:30 PM

Sep 2011
This was a very solid, predictable, but solid entry to the series, it had alot of fanservice with dead characters returning, fleshed out a fairly underdeveloped secondary character, and had fun action and good pacing all around.

Nothing groundbreaking, but a good side story nonetheless

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Nov 3, 2019 1:34 AM
Jul 2018
Goddamnit Kougami is so hot

I may have missed out on something but why didn't they just command Sugo to drop the gas on the enemy force ground instead of lying that it's medical supplies for his comrades?

Edit: Nevermind I figured it out by myself.
removed-userNov 3, 2019 1:46 AM
Nov 5, 2019 10:51 AM

Aug 2013
Honestly, this was quite good. I don't really remember Sugou from the second season. Glad they gave him the spotlight in this movie.

Man do I miss Masaoka, he was great in this movie.

Like some others have said, I didn't expect the wife, Rin, to be the one behind the attacks. That came as a surprise.

Overall, 7/10.

Nov 7, 2019 2:23 PM

Oct 2015
This movie had 10x the amount of characterization for Teppei than in the entirety of S2. I also find it amusing that the only 2 people he interacted from the Public Safety Bureau before being an enforcer is the person he replaced after his death and the person he accidentally killed with a Dominator. This man just brings misfortune wherever he goes.

Nov 12, 2019 3:48 PM
Site Admin
Aug 2012
The plot was simple, yet interesting as well. Rin felt suspicious, but I didn't think she'd be the true mastermind behind the revenge. Oscar's (forgot his real name already) and the whole unit's death was really tragic. It's no wonder why Teppei's hue changed, in addition to the trauma of losing of Rin. I enjoyed seeing Teppei's past, he's a cool guy. He does seem bring misfortune though.

I miss Masaoka and Kagari, so it was great seeing them. Kagari's "Kou-chan", haha. I also forgot how angry Ginoza was when he was an inspector, especially after watching the first movie and season 3 so far. It's really amazing to see how much Ginoza has grown, from someone quite unlikable, to being really calm and collected, and not acting out on his emotions.

While the first movie wasn't as enjoyable as this one, I do like this "Sinner of the System" series, since we can still see how immoral people can still be under the Sybil System.
Nov 17, 2019 7:54 PM

Aug 2017
The wife being the main villain was too obvious but the twist with Sugo killing Otomo and his squad without knowing was good!

Definitely like it better than the first case.
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Nov 22, 2019 2:52 AM

Nov 2013
Damn this was so much better than the first movie!
Exactly what I was looking for from a prequel.

The production value and the overall feel and directing just felt more refined (ie. the zoom in shots from afar of Sugo fighting the robot, the sunset scene at the end, Sugo reiterating Masaoka’s line about justice and value ). Also the brief snippets of info we get on Masaoka’s family life were very much appreciated.

The first movie felt like just an action film with a plot that felt contrived , as if they were simply going through the motions of the previous seasons but with a slight twist.

This movie, although the plot was relatively straight forward, was executed incredibly well. It made me genuinely more interested in the side characters.
For instance, Masaoka, a character whom we knew little about in season 1, we discover that Aoyanagi and others really respect his detective skills, but more importantly his will to never give up.
Similarly with Sugo, we got some much needed story of his past and get a taste of his integrity as a person. It gives more weight to season 2 as well because Sugo killed Aoyanagi by accident , like how he killed those soldiers unknowingly. We finally get some closure for Aoyanagi, as Sugo wasn’t just blindly following Sibyl’s every whim(cough* Mika) when he killed her in S2, but has his own personal brand of justice that we can relate to.

All in all well done ! This makes me look forward to the final one with Kogami.
Nov 30, 2019 7:50 AM

Dec 2018
I don't even remember that Teppe is a character.

Dang, so Rin know all along that Teppe unaccidentally killed her husband.

Lesson to be learned: Don't trust the system.
He who smiles in a crisis has found someone to blame.
Dec 9, 2019 6:32 PM

Mar 2016
Watching this makes me really sad.
Visually this was stunning (a masterclass) and the story and characters interesting.
Production IG keeps showing me why they are persistently my favorite studio. What makes me sad is the fact that GitS:SAC 2045 will be fully CG. Being my favorite series ever it is sad seeing IG putting so much effort in a cyberpunk like Psycho-Pass and not sharing it with SAC. I really would love to see modern 2D SAC animation.
azertz99Dec 9, 2019 7:59 PM
Dec 11, 2019 9:19 AM
Nov 2014
I really enjoyed this one! It was better than Case 1 imo, cause that one's plot felt a bit convoluted, while this was simpler but also very well handled.
Seeing all those characters again gave me the feeling that I was watching the Psycho Pass I fell in love with during S1. Definitely a step in the right direction.
Now on to Case 3 and then S3!
Dec 14, 2019 6:54 AM

Dec 2010
Inspector Aoyanagi got more development in these 60 minutes than the two seasons she was present in... it really makes you feel bad about the way she was cheated out of her life. Then again, it does make you resent Kamui even more. Really makes you wonder how Season 2 would have been perceived if we had things like this OVA preceding it(and making a few changes I guess). Easy 7/10 for the amount of background development on existing characters, even if most of them are now dead.

I do hope that Season 3 wouldn't completely ignore the slow plot development started with the Movie though.
Dec 26, 2019 12:14 PM

Dec 2015
Good movie. A massive improvement over the first one.
"At some point, I stopped hoping."
Dec 28, 2019 4:00 AM
孔真・コウマコト

Jun 2017
Solid movie, definitely much more intriguing and satisfying than the first of the trilogy.

Awesome to see the return of the old man Masaoka and Kagari! A lot more appreciable focus on Lieutenant Aoyanagi (more than the two seasons combined in fact!) which was really nice! We finally got to see Ginoza's mother too and boy she's not in a great state at all, no wonder why Ginoza is so against his father.

Unlike the first movie, the storyline held up on its own this time and took an interesting turn in the end there too. I nearly forgot midway that this started off as a backstory for Enforcer Sugou in response to the question from the blonde scouter.

Looks like old man Masaoka's words left an impression on him, which was indeed very nice to see. Dat blonde lady was definitely hinting at something though, I hope Season 3 will get to that instead of just ignoring this. And I hope we get to the bottom-line of this case too, because the killer is still unidentified. I wouldn't be least bit surprised if it turns out to be another one of Sibyl System's little mischief, lol.

Animation and the Cinematic effects, in particular, were brilliant too so creds to Production I.G.! Really liked the little timeline in the end there to solidify this as a canon story and take the liberty to clear a few things.

Remixed ED this time was inferior to the original version too sadly but I have no issues with the Op and its fab visuals.

Will give this a solid 7.00/10!
#Anime4Life be my Life Motto! #PrayForKyoAni

Jan 5, 2020 7:22 PM

May 2012
This case was a whole lot more interesting than the first! Looking forward to seeing the third case.
Jan 10, 2020 3:07 AM
Apr 2019
this sequel is better than the previous. I had a great time enjoying the war scenes. 8/10 for me.
Mar 30, 2020 6:59 AM

Dec 2012
Wow I didn't realize how much I missed the OG team until watching this 7+ years since S1 aired.
allo
Mar 30, 2020 12:11 PM

Mar 2018
I hated the first case. It was an insult to Psycho-Pass and I expected basically the same from this case. The beginning was boring for me since I am not a fan of military storylines. They mostly bore me but then the whole gang showed up and ....damn I missed them. Just to have Masaoka back and Kougamu and Ginoza side by side again made me really happy and the revelation reg. the wife was a surprise for me. I really liked this one.
Apr 9, 2020 9:04 AM

Dec 2019
It was nice seeing all of them in action again, this one was better than the first case 7/10
                                                         🖤   

Apr 11, 2020 5:15 AM
EOussama

Dec 2016
This backstory gave me Pearl-Harbor (The movie) vibes. I really enjoyed it, even more so than the previous SS case movie.
I love how at this point, Kougami is just a tease-device for the franchise. I mean, I can't blame them.
Apr 29, 2020 4:05 PM

Jan 2013
Enjoyed this a lot more than Case 1!
This was an interesting story about the military and the background of Teppei Sugo and his former comrades.

8/10
May 9, 2020 10:11 PM
Mar 2019
Of course better than case 1
Loved to see again Masaoka, Aoyanagi and Kagari back again, it was nostalgic.
Now let's see what CASE 3 has and then continue with season 3
Jul 4, 2020 9:49 AM

Jan 2014
Way better than the first movie! I am a bit confused by the end so will need to revisit it, but man it was SO GOOD seeing the old team (and in this shiny new animation!) I’m thinking 8/10

Um spoiler?!
Hyack said:
Jul 21, 2020 3:43 PM

Mar 2017
Jesus, that twist was absolutely devastating! I felt my stomach drop when the wife revealed what Sugo had done... he didn't deserve to have that on his conscientious.

Seriously, how can the powers that be still expect people to go to war, be detectives, doctors, etc. and NOT have a cloudy Psycho-Pass... the system is most definitely flawed!

I was so happy to see Kagari again since he was my favorite before... I can't even talk about it 😭
Aug 1, 2020 11:33 PM

Nov 2019
While the vast majority of the movie is a flashback prequel to the first season, the 'modern day' framing portions actually take place ~4 months before the previous SS movie rather than after it.

Mika's behavior is still bizarre. Unlike Tsumi to Bachi, this clearly occurs after the stand-alone movie yet Mika acts as though she actually likes Akane. What happened in the intervening months to cause such a massive shift? I'm guessing 'nothing in-universe'; it's probably just a case of character assassination (and since earlier Mika is infuriating I can't really complain about it).

Anyway, both overall and in the specifics this movie ends up one of the better Psycho-Pass entries easily on par with most of the Season 1 arcs. The characters are engaging and it has a solid action-to-detective work ratio. The only thing that feels out of place is just how corrupt the various departments are; if all the bureaus are really so self-centered how did the Sibyl System ever manage to get constructed in the first place... and why don't they use latent criminals as drone operators or military personnel?
Nov 14, 2020 1:15 AM

Dec 2012
Akane.
Oh, she is fine. Nice oppai.
Hanashiro Frederica.
Akane sticking dat booty out.
Captain?
First Guardian.
Dat pic.
Okinawa, 2112.
Headshot +150.

This was better than the 1st case. We got to see the GOAT, Kougami, in action. I miss Kougami. Frederica so fine. Nice oppai and booty. Can only hope we see her again in the future. She too fine not to bring back. Also, nice seeing Risa again. I miss her.
If you see that my post is exactly 1 month old (or more) from when it was posted... Don't waste your time, especially when you want to reply with something petty & insignificant. Assume that I've moved on (because I have).
Dec 21, 2020 11:55 AM

Jul 2013
case 2 > case 1

the circumstances that happened to otomi+squad and rin was incredibly sad. i'm glad justice was served in the end with the director guy getting lethal eliminated.
Jan 14, 2021 2:21 PM

Oct 2012
A lot better than part 1 as far as logic and believeability goes. Actually pretty melancholic backstory of former soldier and well written case.

This was almost self-contained movie that worked by itself, good job there. I also liked the former female inspector, wonder what happened to her.

7/10
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

» Thoughts?

aulodian - Mar 31, 2018

7 by Dawizz »»
Jul 10, 2023 5:29 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.