Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »
Jan 14, 2014 9:02 PM

Jun 2012
Since Hina was wearing a different uniform than the other characters in the opening I guessed she was going to be an enemy pilot and it looks like I was right.

Also it sucks this is only going to be 12 episodes; it better get a season 2. On another note, I'm liking all the seiyus in this show. :)
Jan 14, 2014 9:21 PM

May 2011
Getting some weird ass yaoi vibe from this

Think i will put it on hold for the time being
Jan 14, 2014 9:24 PM
Jan 2014
It's pretty obvious that Hina went back to her own future and the storyline will converge there once Aoba turns Hina to his side, then they save the world then yahooo.
Jan 14, 2014 9:56 PM

Jul 2010
skudoops said:
Akanezora said:
I really find the mecha design utterly ugly.

It reminds me of Code Geass and Gundam Wing crossover. BTW have you seen akito? I actually like the design of the EU knightmares.

Yeah I did, and I fairly liked it.
But this seems so generic and stiff.
Jan 15, 2014 1:11 AM

Aug 2013
Nice coupling! hahahaha

Dat coupling, it's like from Pacific rim, but here with 2 valiancer. And it looks like he can see his enemy's attack huh...

And what the hell is that, they're from 2088 and yet they still doubt Aoba's alibi that's he's from 2018...

Looks like that pink haired girl is someone who will also be fallen in love with aoba, by the looks of her stares at aoba... Hmmm

Woah! so that's where Hina is, and she's with the enemy side Zogilia. Maybe she'll be convinced when they got to see each other by showing her hairpin.. WTF this get's more interesting!? Just like valvrave! Deym I love this kind of animes... Can't wait for the next episode!!!!
Jan 15, 2014 4:37 AM

Jan 2009
Valaskjalf said:
Well the girl being an enemy was interesting.

so it's basically japan+usa vs soviet russia ??

At least I know that Snickers still exist in 2088 :)

Europe + japan + USA vs Russia china korea.
Jan 15, 2014 5:30 AM

Dec 2013
Wow, Why Hina has to be their enemy?? Can't wait for next episode :D
Jan 15, 2014 8:09 AM

May 2012
Another good episode. One the best animes in Winter

Valaskjalf said:

so it's basically japan+usa vs soviet russia ??

More like Japan + Western Nations vs Soviet russia + China
thepathJan 15, 2014 8:12 AM
Jan 15, 2014 9:36 AM
Nov 2013
thepath said:
Another good episode. One the best animes in Winter

Too early to say. Theres only been 2 episodes so it's hardly decisive that its one of the best in winter already, just saying. But so far it's looking up. Kind of expected her to be on the enemy side since that crazy "Die aoba" guy knew her by first name basis. Hopefully they won't make it too wtf with time loops.
Jan 15, 2014 3:30 PM
Nov 2013
from the longer PV for ep 3 on bandai channel...next episode seem like Dio get his ass kicked by Hina...i can't wait how badass this hina will be
Jan 15, 2014 3:49 PM

Oct 2013
Celestrial2 said:
that last second twist with hina at the last second. dayum

Actually, that was kinda predictable for me
Jan 15, 2014 7:48 PM
Nov 2013
Takeoff31 said:
from the longer PV for ep 3 on bandai channel...next episode seem like Dio get his ass kicked by Hina...i can't wait how badass this hina will be

How did you watch this? Couldn't seem to get it to work even by changing my VPN to japan. Do we have to sign up to watch it?
Jan 15, 2014 9:33 PM

Mar 2013
Cool episode
Only complaint is that Dio had to repeat himself like 4x until Aoba said those words in order for him and Dio to couple...
Hina's in the enemy side, this could be interesting :)
Jan 15, 2014 11:55 PM
Observer

Nov 2007
Kinda boring. Not enough settings exposition. Too much focus on action.
bla bla bla
The endless debate between fans and haters. At one point, after spending a lot of time on MAL, you just realize it's totally pointless.
Niko-kun said:
On MAL, everyone who has used the lame rating system becomes a critic and an intellectual by default, haven't you heard?
Jan 16, 2014 12:48 AM

Dec 2012
leemeru said:
Takeoff31 said:

How did you watch this? Couldn't seem to get it to work even by changing my VPN to japan. Do we have to sign up to watch it?

It's on youtube so you can watch it there: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mg7637lgHAg
Jan 16, 2014 6:00 AM

Aug 2013
Wow hina is enemy in the future :0 , Maybe I'll start watching mecha after this :3~! loved fighting scene . 5/5

LCWS | SCS | TCO | NC | DNC
Jan 16, 2014 6:36 AM

Dec 2009
So this episode is like: I am your enemy yet I help you type.

I want to point out Dio because there's something off? (I feel so)

And thw Coupliiiiiing! That was good but had a great disadvantage because of mutual connections.

and what Hina meant "Dio is waiting" Hina was pretty sure that Aoba is his coupling partner. But do Hina really know what year they will landed on?

I am pretty sure she does. Because this happened before. It is like History Repeats Itself for Aoba but there something need to change.

Hina knows Aoba. Hina knows everything about Aoba but she was giving him a hint that they aren't always together. So Aoba did time travelled from the past? Lost his memories? That can be explained by his daydreaming during he maneuvered his mecha (But this argument is weak because they are in the process of coupling).

But I think Aoba did lived in the past (bc of family plus a picture of a fireman that resembled him, his father maybe), travelled in the future back to the past again. Because Hina was pretty sure that the guy with gold eyes will killed Aoba because Aoba told her so. Another thing, that they are on the year 2014, Aoba landed on year 2088. It is a 74 years difference! So there is no way Aoba grew old fighting in a mechasuit, please do the math for me, 16 + 74 and that his age when the dawn of robots emerge.

a tl;dr So Aoba maybe lost his memories and he is plotting something.
Jan 16, 2014 10:09 AM

Sep 2010
This needs more than 12 episodes I really hope they announce a second season or there is a chance this will be an even bigger trainwreck than Valvrave
"What has two arms, two legs, and is alive? Not your favorite character lol! xD"
Jan 16, 2014 12:43 PM

May 2009
Roloko said:
This needs more than 12 episodes I really hope they announce a second season or there is a chance this will be an even bigger trainwreck than Valvrave

Are stupid or what? Do you want this to become shit like Valvrave?
Jan 16, 2014 2:39 PM

Jul 2010
bastek66 said:
Roloko said:

Some people just want to watch the world burn.
Jan 16, 2014 2:44 PM
Oct 2010
bastek66 said:
Roloko said:

Valvrave was awesome though.
Jan 16, 2014 4:37 PM

Sep 2011
bastek66 said:
Roloko said:

yah i was about to say, why would you want it to be bad when this episode is actually showing potential of being good.....or being a huge train-wreck as well but there is still legit potential there and id much rather have something i like legitimately then something i like ironically

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Jan 18, 2014 5:37 AM

Oct 2009
That was some intense fast paced action, nicely done!
So they have to propose to power-up huh? XD
Was obvious that Hina is an enemy...

OH and Sugita!!
AozureJan 18, 2014 5:44 AM
Jan 18, 2014 11:48 AM

Oct 2012
I WANT THE NEXT EPISODE >.> I love how this anime is like Valvrave. Love them both.

Coupling huh? ...that's an interesting concept.
Comment by Star40 on animeultima.tv:
"SOOOOO...this "coupling"..erm say DIO had a boner while piloting that robot..he would share the sensation with Aoba?...mwahahahaha...please say its only about piloting otherwise fuck me DAmmnn...but it didnt look like it cos wen aoba got hurt wen was attacked dio felf it too
shit shit shit
sharing emotions n shit
hope it doesnt come to that"

^ I almost died laughing so hard after reading that.

Jan 18, 2014 3:40 PM

Nov 2009
I liked the fighting scenes. To think that Hina it an enemy... So that's why the pilot dude from episode one said she's a traitor.

Coupling? Proposing? How cheesy.
Jan 18, 2014 7:02 PM

Feb 2013
Nice action again. They seem to not totally disbelieve that hes from the past.

I laughed when Dio disengaged the buddy system... that idiot, he can't pilot that mech without your knowledge! Let's also not forget that Aoba just killed someone for the first time... Wonder if he knows that or if it will hit him later.
Jan 19, 2014 1:16 AM

Jan 2012
Eliminate Hina!
Jan 19, 2014 5:28 AM
Apr 2013
Surprisingly enjoyable anime so far. I wouldn't mind more Valvrave, but this isn't too bad. On the topic of Hina, I'm guessing the wormhole/singularity in the first episode took Aoba back to a time before he met Hina in his adventures in the future, hence why she disappears and appears as an enemy. And thus, some time in the future after events, Hina will travel back into the past to safeguard Aoba.
Jan 19, 2014 11:18 AM

Oct 2007
_Tako_ said:
Eliminate Hina!
You mean remove the third wheel? :D

Anyway, it wouldn't be so off the mark to guess all of these will lead to the final episode which in turn will lead back to the very first episode.

"A Legend is but a tale of a beautiful lie."
Jan 19, 2014 11:32 AM

May 2010
that ost after the transformation
Jan 19, 2014 6:13 PM

Sep 2011
Siva said:
_Tako_ said:
Eliminate Hina!
You mean remove the third wheel? :D

Anyway, it wouldn't be so off the mark to guess all of these will lead to the final episode which in turn will lead back to the very first episode.
That kind of statement isn't surprising with the title "buddy complex" lol.

But that was a good episode. Although kind of a rushed beginning, I am suspending my disbelief perfectly. The characters in the school are minimized to the point where I am not even thinking about teh schools a all.
"Justice Never Dies!" - Kenji Endou, 20th century Boys
Jan 19, 2014 7:12 PM

Jan 2012
The only thing that making me watch more is the cliffhangers at the end -.-
Jan 19, 2014 10:05 PM

Sep 2011
Valencia said:
The only thing that making me watch more is the cliffhangers at the end -.-
Something I have to say, I really don't like the character designs, looks too retro.

Also, not this character type again... A protagonist and then a reluctant guy that's sharper than a knife in his manners, Sunrise really does like that pairing don't they?
Jan 19, 2014 11:43 PM

Apr 2013
The mecha action was nicely animated in this episode.
Jan 20, 2014 6:36 AM

Sep 2011
ThangLong said:
Apology said:
Future Snickers called "Cockers":
http://i39.tinypic.com/smgeir.jpg

Actually, it looks more like "Complex" to me

Akanezora said:
The MC will probably show to Hina the hairclip so she will trust him and ect.

Looking at the OP, Zogilia's Hina was shown to unconsciously touched her hair where that pink clip is supposed to be. It's a hint she might have some memories of it, possibly due to repeating so many time loops.

The fact that this hair clip did not disappear when Aoba was going to the future means it is something Zogilia's Hina hadn't possessed right now and Aoba will give it to her later on.

Some observations:
_ Zogilia has existed in the past when Aoba started highschool. The new substance Nectoribium discovered by Zogilia has something to do with humanity's new robot technology. It's either a fuel source or new material that makes those mechs. Future warships also use Nectar cannons made from Nectoribium.
_ The crazy guy that attacked Aoba in the past is most likely Bizon. Poor guy, he looks cool and is on top of his game before Aoba's appearance in the future. Aoba must have turned his life into a living hell (by taking Hina and killing his comrades) to warrant such hatred.
_ The higher match, the better performance of mech during "Coupling." Mechs have to stay within range to initiate "Coupling." This feature forces Aoba to tag along Dio in every fight if they want that level of performance.There's also a limit on how long it can last.
_ Cannon fodder Zogilia mech at the end of ep 2 will likely be destroyed next ep. Its death flag was raised for not being a custom-made robot.

"Dude calm down... Eat a snicker" LOL

Akanezora said:
I really find the mecha design utterly ugly.
As for the episode, nice OP/ED.

"Dio's Bradyon"

The MC will probably show to Hina the hairclip so she will trust him and ect.
Anything special so far, but it's enjoyable.

Anyway, the gay-fusion reminded me Sousei no Aquarion's GATTAI.

it's pretty convenient that everything but Hina's hairclip is gone, huh?

Also convenient: The antagonists are brainwashed warmonering empires while Japan-US alliance are the peaceful defensive good natured humans

>_> Is this prevalent in Sunrise?
Jan 20, 2014 8:55 AM

May 2013
I just want another episode, its interesting I just want some more story.
Jan 20, 2014 4:00 PM

Dec 2007
Riez said:
Snickers. LMAO.

Exactly. At first I was like, "Hey he got a candy bar from the future!", until I saw the design and the very familiar "CKERS" in the same font as Snickers. How are they still around in 70 years?
Jumping in Headfirst - I hear reading it causes immortality. Warning. Reading may not actually cause immortality.
Jan 20, 2014 4:58 PM

Sep 2011
SageShinigami said:
Riez said:
Snickers. LMAO.

Exactly. At first I was like, "Hey he got a candy bar from the future!", until I saw the design and the very familiar "CKERS" in the same font as Snickers. How are they still around in 70 years?

Snickers have already been around for 80 or so years. Similar to coke cola, I imagine their recipe have not changed significantly.
Jan 20, 2014 8:02 PM

Mar 2010
this show starting to get better . I like the "robotic gundam fighting" at the start :)
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 22, 2014 6:22 AM

Dec 2011
I was finding it hard to follow who was on which side. Still a bit confused about that. Other than that it wasn't bad though.
There is no such thing as shit taste. Only idiots who think everyone should have the same taste as they do.
Jan 25, 2014 9:49 PM
Sep 2013
Propose? Coupling? Connect? This isn't a homo show is it? And is there a law that says only kids can join the military and pilot humongous mechas?
Jan 25, 2014 9:57 PM
Sep 2013
bastek66 said:
Roloko said:

How self-centered can you be? The world does not revolve around you. Some people actually like "shit like Valvrave," why do you think there's a 2nd season? In the end, its about how the Japanese receive it, Westerners can cry or whine all they want, we're a minor audience.

You're free to criticize the show but why does it bother you that there's a 2nd season cuz people than you like it? Just don't watch it.
Jan 26, 2014 12:20 PM

Jun 2012
Yeah, I thought that hairpin looks like a Mew in the opening, now I guess it's supposed to be a cat... but I still see Mew.

I'm 99.99% certain that Tarjim is the guy who went back in the past (the black-haired, yellow-eyed guy in the dark green mecha that shot down the big yellow airship thing), and it looks like Hina appeared at the end as well.

Nothing too unique or unpredictable this episode, but I'm glad they at least didn't actually fuse together... I'm not usually a fan of mechs combining.

argilium said:
this reminds me of DRIFT COMPATIBILITY!!
Lol, yeah I was thinking it could be a little similar to Pacific Rim.
Jan 29, 2014 3:48 PM

Aug 2009
nice second episode! things are definitely interesting, in that Hina is the enemy....ready to see how this unfolds

Feb 5, 2014 7:39 PM

Jul 2008
I don't know why, but this show started interesting. I take that back. It didn't start off interesting. It wasn't until the final third of the first episode that I found something interesting and worth watching, but with this second episode I haven't found anything that really grabs my attention. It just feels like a lot of mech shows I've seen from the last 20 years. There are so many familiar plots and I can already see where this show is going. For that, the show's greatest weakness is being depressingly formulaic and boring. I didn't find one thing to like in this episode. May drop.
Feb 7, 2014 8:53 AM

Nov 2011
4/5

So many blows so many explosions, but all the while being well done (good Sunrise), I do not just involve 100%! Plot yet to be discovered, I have some interest in him.
Narrative sense. Drawings and mecha design, not really to my taste, oh well!
Let's see how he copes with the next episode this anime series.
Feb 7, 2014 2:46 PM
Aug 2011
Needs more male coupling and less potential female love interest.
Feb 26, 2014 3:09 AM

Jun 2011
Well damn, the chick from the previous episode came back as the foe. "Death to the foes of Zogilia". I enjoyed the battle, the slow motion part looked awesome with Aoba controlling his robot.

Seriously, what's with terms like "coupling" or "proposing" ? -.-
Honobono Log - best slice of life short
--------------------------------------------
most kawaii loli overlord
----------------------------
Donquixote Doflamingo AMV - Control
Sep 26, 2014 1:36 AM

Jun 2008
Akanezora said:

"Dio's Bradyon"

Yeah that was definitely on purpose.
Nov 20, 2014 12:41 PM

Jun 2014
I'm going to be coupling with you?

Coupling?

Yes, I'm proposing.

Huh?

Don't worry, we are a perfect pair.

Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Buddy Complex Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Feb 2, 2014

74 by TheSelleri »»
Jun 27, 2:48 PM

» Why does this feel like it should have been longer? (Potential spoilers)

Damolisher - Nov 1, 2021

3 by TheOnlyOneTM »»
Jun 10, 5:36 PM

Poll: » Buddy Complex Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Dec 29, 2013

218 by aleinam »»
Mar 8, 6:04 AM

Poll: » Buddy Complex Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Mar 30, 2014

199 by HagePotPotato »»
Sep 7, 2023 5:45 PM

Poll: » Buddy Complex Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 23, 2014

78 by Fortress_Maximus »»
Feb 13, 2021 5:19 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.