Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
The Hero Is Overpowered but Overly Cautious (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
Oct 3, 2019 7:18 AM

Feb 2016
I wonder after how long have I enjoyed an isekai anime this much

This has really good potential unless they fuck this up like any other Isekai.

Myth&Roid never disappoints
Oct 3, 2019 8:45 AM

Jun 2013
I enjoyd this that was really fun it reminded me of Konosuba.
Oct 3, 2019 9:02 AM

Mar 2009
Three new isekai airing on the first day of the new anime season...
You gotta love it lol. At least they weren't awful.
Oct 3, 2019 9:15 AM
うまぴょい伝説

May 2017
I like Listarte and definitey she's the one carrying the show with her facial expressions and tsukkomi and the OP by MYTH&ROID is better too than Isekai Shit Magician.
Oct 3, 2019 9:30 AM

Mar 2012
Alright Now that i have watched the first episode i can finally say my thoughts on it.

Well it had an ok start but i felt kind off by it.

I Feel like it tried WAY to hard on trying t deliver the jokes, especially the amount of exaggeration and character personality traits.

Also i am seeing way to many similarities with another series Konosuba with this one in both of the main leads, with the goddesses personality seems similar to Aqua and The main leads straight dead pan humour is similiar to Kazuma's although he does not his perverted and shadeness at least(not yet anyway.

Even the animation is like it's trying to copy's deen style for konsubas animation. In that regard White fox is actually doing alright and i still refuse they had to do anything with arifuerta as that definitely was more on Asread side.

Which is more irionic by the fact that it is airing on the SAME DAY as Hataage which is written by the same author for Konsuba and while it does also share similiar themes, its first ep was enough to be less of a copy of that than this one.

Well i still like it enough to continue watching it for now but if it hopes to get my interest higher it needs to move more away from that and establish it's own identity.

Also Myth and Roid...Another fantastic track as ever, they sure have come along way since there debut single with Overlord. Keep it up :)
-ShadowClaw-Oct 3, 2019 9:34 AM
Oct 3, 2019 9:50 AM

Apr 2017
A litle childish but not bad. Interesting so far.
I don't typically read manga so if I get anything right please don't tell me.
Oct 3, 2019 10:10 AM

Dec 2016
Just started, and it's already better than any of the previous season isekai's
Oct 3, 2019 10:37 AM

Apr 2015
Damegami who is also a pervert, very nice, guaranteed a good anime for me. I like the way Ristarte knows about the isekai phenomenon and I found it funny that the names on her paper stack are so repetitive. I found her buzzer thing funny as well as it made me think she's a narcissist for having a figurine of her for that. Lastly, Ariadoa made Ristarte look normal by comparison, especially looking at them from the side during their chat . ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
All men, kings or peasants, die equally.
Oct 3, 2019 10:43 AM

Aug 2018
Alike to Seiya being overly cautious about his situation, I am similarly over cautious about another isekai. However thus far it has strayed somewhat from the standard and formulaic approach followed by a considerable amount of entries in a plagued genre. The humourous dynamic between Listarte and Seiya seems to be the foundation around which the show is built, and is solid enough to keep interest. There's hope yet. We may end up with a decent parody isekai.
Great to have 'MYTH & ROID' back for the op as well.
RIP slime.
Oct 3, 2019 10:54 AM
Jan 2016
Funny and amusing first episode!

Rista is pretty, sexy and their expressions are really hilarious, "SIX PACK"!

It is really funny how much cautious is Seya, i laugh a lot when he spammed skill over a lvl 1 slime!

The demon that appeared in the end was really powerfull, obvious Seya would run!

The image before ending was really funny!

Oct 3, 2019 11:04 AM

Dec 2015
Konosuba 2.0: KonoYuusha.

That's one more anime to follow this season.
Oct 3, 2019 11:53 AM

Jan 2018
Great start, better than shield hero.
BARK BARK BARK ARRRGGFFF WOOF WOOF WOOF WOOF BARK BARK BARK BARK BARK BARK BARK HSSSSSSSSS SNIFF SNIFF GRRRRR RUFF RUFF WOOF WOOF WOOF SNARL BITE BITE BARK CHOMP SNIFF SNIFF GRRRRRRRRRR RUFF WOOF BARK BARK BARK BARK ARGGGHHFFFF BITE BITE BITE WOOF HSSSSSSS GRRRROWWWL HOWLLL WOOF WOOF BARK BARK BARK ARGGGGRRRFFF BITE WOOF WOOFBARK BARK HSSSS CHOMP GRRRRR
Oct 3, 2019 12:06 PM

May 2015
I didn't expect it to be this funny, the goddess and her inner thoughts are priceless!

The premise is basic, but it's nice to see it from another perspective. Hope this won't disappoint and will only get better.
Oct 3, 2019 12:52 PM

May 2018
Man, they weren't kidding when they title this anime "Cautious Hero: The Hero Is Overpowered but Overly Cautious"
Oct 3, 2019 12:55 PM

Dec 2018
live posting:

I only read a few chapters of this beforehand, but it wasn't as addicting as reading ascendence of a bookworm. Not sure what to think of this ahead of time.

the isekai meta talk as she goes through the papers, lol.

aww, they didn't sub the full text of the papers. (Probably a good thing, since that usually comes out looking super awkward.)

chalk in her bust, lol.

nice OP, yooo! can't wait to see him burn down a church

oh damn, a girl with sleeves that go past her hands. she looks like a villain, tho

"oh, six pack" PFFFT!

ew, her voice when stuffed with food sounds so nasally

I forgot that he was so paranoid...

oh yeah, here's the overkill I expected, wasted on a slime.

oof, that ending shot. Rip to anyone thinking Rista was pretty, lol

cool-sounding ED, i guess

~~
gonna keep watching this for now. I love comedy anime, after all~
Oct 3, 2019 1:16 PM

Jan 2015
if people like shield hero then the standars are so low already I fail to see how ppl complain about this
Oct 3, 2019 2:10 PM

May 2009
Great first episode. Listarte is perfect and Aki Toyosaki nailed her performace, especially with "Oh SEXY BODY" and "GOMIN".
In2TheBlu said:

Rista's adorable even if she's useless

How is she useless? She provided Seiya with everything he need.
Oct 3, 2019 2:40 PM

Jul 2013
Not bad, but so far it felt like a less funny version of KonoSuba. Hopefully they have a clever way to twist the joke, because I can already see it getting old in a few episodes.
Oct 3, 2019 2:41 PM
Apr 2016
Atavistic said:
Pretty funny first episode, Seiya and Ristarte make an amusing pair. The only question will be if the show can maintain its humour and not fall into the generic trappings of the genre (it has used some so far, but differently enough I can overlook it so far).

Also, wow, that MYTH&ROID OP was absolute garbage, really bad by their standards.

Wery unpopular opinion, but Myth&Roid produce only... vocal litter. It just so happens to have a lot of loud sounds and featured in popular (however quality-less) series. Analyzing their songs would provide more insight into this problematic, but not like I am going to waste a fibre of existence on them.
Re:formed
Oct 3, 2019 2:46 PM
Apr 2016
SethBigBoss said:

Am I stupid or some... less complex viewers with all seriousness consider this series to be a contender for something like "Tate no Yuusha"? If anything, this series at least has some decent humour. Without even trying to appear serious, like some third rate series already mentioned in the middle of this input.
Re:formed
Oct 3, 2019 3:33 PM

Jan 2016
Honestly surprised by this. Last new show I watched of the day since the premise didn't seem that good to me, but I laughed my ass off throughout most of this episode. Easily my favorite new show of the season so far.
You have shit taste, and then I have taste so shit it makes your taste look good
Oct 3, 2019 5:11 PM
May 2018
Nigerundayo Smokey!!!!!
Oct 3, 2019 6:11 PM

Mar 2018
Just the first episode but I am already tired of the "comedy".
Oct 3, 2019 6:20 PM

Sep 2018
THIS IS NOT HAREM RIGHT??? it seems like DanMachi.. I hope no more girls will like the guy.. I ship the two already!! please no other annoying girls!!

Rista seems have similarities with Yui (K-On) lol

ahhhh!!! that's why I keep remembering Yui!!! same seiyuu lol Love ittt! <3
erenmeiiOct 3, 2019 6:25 PM
Oct 3, 2019 6:29 PM
Sep 2011
NGL I was a bit skeptical at the show title, but it turned out not bad. It looks like Seiya and Rista will take on a sort of boke and tsukkomi duo dynamic.
Oct 3, 2019 7:19 PM

May 2018
Wow, this is entertaining, it got vibes similar to KonoSuba and I like it. The characters were funny, I like how cautious Seiya is that it makes everything funny. The way he intended to level up on the room just by exercising was funny, as well as when he repeat the same strong spell just to defeat a weak slime.

Oct 3, 2019 7:20 PM

Jun 2017
Themousen said:
linua said:
what Seiya does are what i usually do on Skyrim, i wont take a chance to go my journey without enchanted Daedric armor, weapon and maxed skill so those pesky wolf wont get in my way

And that's how you end up destroying Alduin with a single swing of a sword

and yet those retard orc have balls to call me milk drinker... pff
Oct 3, 2019 7:20 PM

May 2010
Hmm...she reminded me more of an old school sailormoon type character rather than Aqua.
Oct 3, 2019 7:26 PM

Jun 2014
Rista's reasoning for always choosing a Japanese person as her hero-- "apparently books about people being reborn in an alternate world are popular in Japan. therefore, he should understand the situation quickly" -- this is already too meta for me.
Oct 3, 2019 8:42 PM

Nov 2014
tbh i never thought an anime with shitty anime and a generic isekai nonetheless can be so enjoyable lol

the main female lead's voice is the best part of this episode for me. She has such a wide range of voice it got me chortling in mirth so many times. her expression in the end had me dying roflmfao!!! you're not supposed to be a demon dammit!! X'DD

i can only hope the animation gets better and they fix the male lead's face. he looks kinda weird. his manga counterpart looks a lot cooler
Oct 3, 2019 9:00 PM

Apr 2019
Lol I've been looking for the page of this anime since yesterday.

This was way better than I expected. I expected this anime to be very generic but it turns out to be very entertaining. I really did not expect the animation to be great.

The goddess reminds me of Aqua except she's not useless hahaha and the MC's cautiousness is so funny.

Oct 3, 2019 9:01 PM
May 2019
one of comedy isekai that i can tolerate. GJ i hope they can keep this UP
Oct 3, 2019 11:12 PM

Mar 2015
It seems okay so far. I'm not a fan of the 'try to be funny' theme happening with the goddess and the hero is super lackluster.
Oct 4, 2019 12:26 AM

Mar 2018
First, are we sure this is not done by Trigger instead of White Fox? I'm getting strong Trigger vibes.

Second, I found Listarte annoying despite her gracious looks, which is very rare for me to feel like that towards female characters.

Third, comedy is somewhat 'tryhard' with overreactions.

Not a good start but not bad enough to drop on the spot either. At least I'm glad that isekai(s) are starting to try something new instead of following a textbook, even if that 'something new' is bad.

Oct 4, 2019 12:41 AM

Jul 2015
Looks funny, definitely will continue it.

Oct 4, 2019 1:55 AM

Jul 2017
Isekai parody, next to Kemono Michi??? I can see this becoming another favourite next to said series.

Ristarte (or Rista) for short, she's just like Aqua, want the benefits without the work. Annoying stupid, but that's her character from the get-go. She reminds me of Jashin-chan in the joking appearances.

As for "summoned hero" Seiya, although in appearance he's EXTREMELY CAUTIOUS, but I'm not gonna hold my hopes up for now. Even as far as going plus being OP and going Super Saiyan, he's ridiculous to the insanity.

Episode 1, and enemy in sight. The end card is simply...wonderful??

Intriguing watch, could be good, could be bad. We'll just have to see.
Oct 4, 2019 2:28 AM

Mar 2018
Positives: cool facial animation
Negatives: terrible Konosuba rip off

Doubt this trash gets even slightly better
poop
Oct 4, 2019 2:41 AM
Apr 2019
So far, this is a good one, just like I expected after read the LN and manga. But I'm sure isekai haters will find an excuse to badmouth this anime.
Oct 4, 2019 4:11 AM

Aug 2018
Myth & Roid making the song for another isekai !

This first episode was quite cool, the hero reminds me a bit Goblin Slayer : using expensive and powerful attacks/items for supposedly weak creatures while showing a serious face.
Oct 4, 2019 4:43 AM

Apr 2010
Hilarious, i love it.

The more you know about how a lot of isekai goes, the more its funny when the MC breaks it. The goddess is the one trying for the standard isekai but the MC gives no farqs about what she expects.

The slime overkill was hilarious as well
Oct 4, 2019 4:56 AM

Oct 2010
Uhm, this whole comparison between Aqua and Listarte is kind of weird because for starters in Konosuba the tsukkomi was Kazuma. I think regardless of a few common traits Aqua and Listarte are polar opposites in the comedic placement of their respective shows.

And yes, this was a great and fun ride. Seiya's single quirk was hilarious in this episode (perhaps it will wear out, but right now it's working) and the huge effort in animation and voice acting put in Listarte's performance it's charming and lovely, and it really adds to the show's comedy.

Surprising early favorite of the season for me.
Oct 4, 2019 6:30 AM

Jun 2019
Meh.
That art colour makes my eyes hurt.
Oct 4, 2019 9:00 AM

Oct 2017
Pretty average episode
Oct 4, 2019 10:22 AM

Nov 2014
That was great. I have high hopes for this anime now.
Oct 4, 2019 10:48 AM
Aug 2019
BestBoiEren said:
if people like shield hero then the standars are so low already I fail to see how ppl complain about this

Since when shield hero is a Konosuba rip-off like this show?
Oct 4, 2019 10:50 AM
Aug 2019
SethBigBoss said:

For a silly funny comedy show, sure. But for a seriously show, not even close. And since when shield hero is a show about joke like this Konosuba rip-off?
Oct 4, 2019 10:57 AM

Oct 2010
Kihira07 said:
BestBoiEren said:

How is this a Konosuba ripoff? Did Konosuba invent comedy and parody in isekai?

Agreed that it's a bit annoying that people mention Shield Hero which has nothing to do with this show.
Oct 4, 2019 1:04 PM
May 2015
Once I realized that Seiya's VA was the same as Goblin Slayer's, I couldn't get it out of my head for the rest of the episode that it was just GS without his armor on :P
mule007Oct 4, 2019 1:07 PM
Oct 4, 2019 1:33 PM

Jan 2015
Kihira07 said:
BestBoiEren said:

Where did I talk about konosuba? All I said is that shield garbage is a trash show.
Oct 4, 2019 6:27 PM

May 2017
So... this is White Fox's redemption from Arifureta?
(I know the author basically fired them in the middle of production, but their name is still attached to the anime)

Looks very promising so far. Very Trigger like animation. Not to mention, "soka" is back.
「ボクは…確かに現実に絶望している。だけど、自分には絶望していない!! 今がつまらないか…楽しいのか…平凡なのか…決めているのは現実じゃない。決めるのはボクだ!!ボクが望めば不可能はない!!」-桂木桂馬
"True, I've given up on the real world. However, I haven't given up on myself!! The world doesn't get to decide whether my life is boring, fun, or ordinary because that's my decision to make!! As long as I have the will, nothing is impossible!!" -Katsuragi Keima
Pages (6) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Shinchou Yuusha: Kono Yuusha ga Ore Tueee Kuse ni Shinchou Sugiru Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 27, 2019

275 by ReaperCreeper »»
Sep 11, 10:05 PM

Poll: » Shinchou Yuusha: Kono Yuusha ga Ore Tueee Kuse ni Shinchou Sugiru Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Nov 13, 2019

107 by ReaperCreeper »»
Sep 10, 5:58 PM

Poll: » Shinchou Yuusha: Kono Yuusha ga Ore Tueee Kuse ni Shinchou Sugiru Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Oct 9, 2019

179 by Beatnik »»
Jan 19, 2:49 AM

Poll: » Shinchou Yuusha: Kono Yuusha ga Ore Tueee Kuse ni Shinchou Sugiru Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Nov 6, 2019

135 by Ayano_Kuma »»
Nov 8, 2023 4:57 AM

Poll: » Shinchou Yuusha: Kono Yuusha ga Ore Tueee Kuse ni Shinchou Sugiru Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Dec 25, 2019

208 by brunoyilli »»
Oct 31, 2023 7:51 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.