Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
The Hero Is Overpowered but Overly Cautious (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Oct 2, 2019 12:18 PM
Aug 2018
Honestly, I enjoyed it, I can't wait for the next episode.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.

wow so rude, atleast sign your name when you yeet my signature

heres a big picture smh

Oct 2, 2019 12:19 PM

Jul 2014
MC being a tad bit too much over the top got on my nerves, he played it for far too long and far too many times for it to be funny anymore and instead got irritating.
Goddess carried the show! plus she's being played by Aki Toyosaki! you can never go wrong with Aki!
Goddess also reminded me of Aqua far too much which was actually a good thing as I like Aqua, obviously this one isn't as useless but both are still hella funny and adorable AND hot in their own ways.
I don't know if I'll be able to keep up with this if the MC keeps on being too careful of everything which I doubt since its in the title but I just hope he keeps it to a minimum next time. Will give this until 3 eps but so far... not a good start.
Oct 2, 2019 12:20 PM

Aug 2019
I'm liking it so far kinda.

I like the two main characters.

The comedy is quite good so far.

Oct 2, 2019 12:26 PM

Dec 2018
I honestly thought it would be way more funnier than that, only part i laughed for a bit was when Seiya continued exploding the slime like crazy.

Also that Myth & Roid op was lame as hell.
Oct 2, 2019 12:28 PM

Jan 2017
Holy shit that goddess is basicly Hestia x Aqua!

It might be a fun isekai parody, I will give it the 3 episodes rule.
Oct 2, 2019 12:40 PM
Mar 2014
LMAO
this anime is hilarious AF
might not be the best anime around, but the puns and sarcastic tone gives it a nice touch slightly different from the rest of isekai genre.
Oct 2, 2019 12:56 PM

Dec 2014
nice to see summoner engaging
Oct 2, 2019 12:57 PM

Jul 2019
Seriously, I can not take any more self-aware jokes. At this point I am so bored of isekai that I even get bored by isekai parodies and now went back to prefering real isekai with an 'original' premise over them.

Only smirked over some jokes during her selection. Can not stand the MC, I think I was even more annoyed than the goddess.
Oct 2, 2019 1:24 PM

Sep 2013
Most of my enjoyment came from Toyosaki just going ham with the voice. Good fun.
Oct 2, 2019 1:43 PM

May 2018
I see that Seiya is also practised in the secret Joestar technique.
Oct 2, 2019 1:43 PM

Sep 2010
Seygneur said:
Seriously, I can not take any more self-aware jokes. At this point I am so bored of isekai that I even get bored by isekai parodies and now went back to prefering real isekai with an 'original' premise over them.

Only smirked over some jokes during her selection. Can not stand the MC, I think I was even more annoyed than the goddess.

You should stop then, I'm surprised you even went for this after last season where there were 5 or so Isekais lol
Oct 2, 2019 1:52 PM
Apr 2019
The 1st episode was just too good i would give it 5/5 . The comedy in a single episde was top notch and the hero was damn good it gave me vibes of konosuba from very start , the mc is a little more cautious than kazuma n the goddess is little better too (she gave him money ) and the comedy of this episode compared to konosuba 1st episode was better , but if only they keep track of it .
Oct 2, 2019 2:01 PM

Oct 2017
It's a fun start but my guess is that it's going to get old very soon with this whole "overly cautious " routine. At some point we will want to see just some dumb action but we'll get a running gag instead.
Oct 2, 2019 2:04 PM

Feb 2007
So that's why Truck-kun has so much work in Japan, they're just genre savvy enough to be the best candidates... :D

That summoning sure reminds me of the Terminator for some reason... :D

Well, I can see why he would be cautious, though. Stats aside, he's only looking at being just level 1.

Kabedon, always works.

There's no kill like overkill.
Oct 2, 2019 2:15 PM

Jun 2016
Rista is top Goddess! XD <3
Oct 2, 2019 2:51 PM

Apr 2015
The MC is kinda annoying and this can easily get repetitive if the formula stays the same.

I think this is not too bad so far, the goddess is entertaining to say the least.

Damn, the op is pretty weak (for Myth and Roid, still better then their previous song for Isekai Cheat which kinda sucks)

The ed song is also pretty weak at the end.

Overall, I think it has a good start (could have been better) and I will try to endure it for a while.

Oct 2, 2019 3:24 PM

Apr 2015
Getting some Konosuba vibes from this. I like it, eventho I am not a fan of the Hero yet.. Overly cautious, oh boy I feel like that's going to be an absolute pain in the future, but we'll see.

Rista is sexy but funny. I think her reactions together with the faces she pulls is really funny. The "Oh, Six Pack" caught me so off-guard, She's thirsty alright! The final shot was hilarious. Not sure what to be more afraid of, the THICC demon or the angry Goddess XD

I definitely am relieved with the Animation so far. Especially if you look at the last Isekai that had White Fox as one of it's Studios... It's here to stay, for now!
Oct 2, 2019 3:25 PM

Dec 2016
Xenocrisi said:
Talk about an annoying MC. I can’t stand him

Overall, the goddess carried the episode

agree, his shtick of being very cautious became boring quite fast. And that how I predicted he will be "reverse" Saitama, now we need to hope that other characters will be interesting enough.
Manga recommendation:
- Spy x Family (Ch.96/? - biweekly) | Sakamoto Days (Ch.161/? - weekly)
- MARRIAGETOXIN (Ch.84/? - weekly) | Mama Yuuyu (Ch.29 - Finished)
- Make the Exorcist Fall in Love (Ch.63/? - biweekly)
- You and I Are Polar Opposites (Ch.52/? - biweekly)
Anime recommendation:
- Deca-Dence (Finished) | Wave, Listen to Me! (Finished)
- If My Favorite Pop Idol Made It to the Budokan, I Would Die (Finished)
- Diary of Our Days at the Breakwater (Finished)
Oct 2, 2019 3:35 PM

Dec 2016
Synchronisity said:
Only episode 1 but I guess this is the only redeeming isekai from last three seasons with proper humour. I guess I will watch this one.

Did you watched "Maou-sama, Retry!"?
Manga recommendation:
- Spy x Family (Ch.96/? - biweekly) | Sakamoto Days (Ch.161/? - weekly)
- MARRIAGETOXIN (Ch.84/? - weekly) | Mama Yuuyu (Ch.29 - Finished)
- Make the Exorcist Fall in Love (Ch.63/? - biweekly)
- You and I Are Polar Opposites (Ch.52/? - biweekly)
Anime recommendation:
- Deca-Dence (Finished) | Wave, Listen to Me! (Finished)
- If My Favorite Pop Idol Made It to the Budokan, I Would Die (Finished)
- Diary of Our Days at the Breakwater (Finished)
Oct 2, 2019 3:52 PM

Aug 2016
Just wow... Well, here it's totally self-awareness, but show can be even worse then Arifureta. It's an art.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 2, 2019 4:02 PM

Feb 2019
Perfect adaptation, one of my picks for anime of the year, this shit is hilarious. Also do Myth and Roid have an isekai notification on their phones or some shit lmao. I hope it doesn't blow up too much
Oct 2, 2019 4:53 PM

Mar 2010
Hilarious. The things he is saying with a straight face lol
Oct 2, 2019 5:26 PM

Mar 2018
It's funny but him being extremely cautious is already getting old.

“The most shameless thing in the world is political power that can be inherited regardless of ability or talent!”
Oct 2, 2019 5:26 PM
Mar 2017
If i am honest, this Isekai anime took me off guard, this anime along with the other isekai of the wrestling fighter and the romcom I put them to the test today and of these three anime, this was the one that made me laugh the most.

First the FMC, Listarte is very cute and hot, but she is too funny with her exaggerated expressions and her personality a little perverted from time to time, especially when she is with Seiya, those dialogues like "six pack" and "Sexy" made laugh until i could no longer, besides seeing and hearing Listarte the first goddess that came to mind was the useless Aqua.
Then we have the MC, Seiya who looks like a very strong young man but extremely cautious and distrustful, on the verge of being very irritating to the goddess Listarte.
Even so, Seiya's distrust is very funny, I laughed a lot when he speculated that the villager who greeted them could be a disguised monster or even a murderer.
Rip Slime, Seiya disintegrated him completely with his powerful techniques.

It is ridiculous that only in the first episode Seiya and Listarte are faced with an absurdly powerful demon king soldier, but the part in which Seiya abandons Listarte to her fate made me laugh out loud, they say that fleeing soldier serves for another war, but leaving aside the funny scene, Chaos Machina is extremely thicc ... damn and Arioda is not far behind in the big breast department.

The reason that caught my attention this anime, was the opening, when I saw that MYTH & ROID would be in charge of the opening I said to myself "I hope this anime does not end like the disaster of Isekai Cheat Magician" and good thing I gave it a chance.
The other factor that I liked is that the beginning practically made fun of the Isekai genre and that is already hilarious for me. In short, very good first episode, I hope that the comedy does not go down in quality, since I feel that comedy is what best sustains this anime.
Oct 2, 2019 5:31 PM

May 2018
This is basically konosuba 2.0
Oct 2, 2019 5:37 PM

Nov 2017
Hmmmmm,thought this might have been a bit meh,but damn,I like that goddess,and the protag ain't too bad either.
Oct 2, 2019 5:45 PM
Jul 2018
I"m for it! I hope it gets better, myth&roid opened another isekai this year, and it was awful. So lets hope this one becomes comedic excellence.
Oct 2, 2019 6:24 PM

Jan 2011
well after all the trash Isekai's this year this one seems kinda fun and funny though most of my laughs were from the useless? goddess her expressions were like over the top trigger and
Toyosaki Aki was killing me with her VA.

doesn't seem harmful and this trend of meta isekai's being self aware and all isn't enough while the gimmick of the MC being far too careful seems neat at first for a twist it doesn't change the fact dude is once again op as shit and i can't not see this getting old quick ,so hopefully they mix it up a bit i do like the world being very hard like with the demon lord's follower just straight up heads to the starter town.
Oct 2, 2019 6:51 PM

Mar 2018
when did aqua get a blonde wig
Oct 2, 2019 7:12 PM

Sep 2012
Alright overall. Gave me some Konosuba vibes. The demon at the end reminded me of Albedo from Overlord.
Oct 2, 2019 7:32 PM

Jun 2017
what Seiya does are what i usually do on Skyrim, i wont take a chance to go my journey without enchanted Daedric armor, weapon and maxed skill so those pesky wolf wont get in my way
Oct 2, 2019 7:51 PM

Mar 2018
Well this was interesting I guess

I mean.. It kinda is just another Isekai with OP MC, I didn't watch the opening but if they get more party members they will most likely be female.

However the goddess is.. a pretty funny support character? xD "ah.. six pack" these lines are so hilarious xD

The hero is an interesting character too. Being so overly cautious and all. But that's also pretty annyoing ngl
Basically everything that involves him turns into a Tsukkomi and if they overuse it, it's not funny anymore.

I sincerely hope that he doesn't stay like this all the time so that he also shows a certain character development
Then again if he gets rid of this trait, the series really is just be a generic isekai again

“I don’t like expending more effort than I have to.” – Ayanokouji Kiyotaka
Oct 2, 2019 7:56 PM

Feb 2018
Lol I think I can hold off on Konosuba season 3 for a while because of this. It's like a parody of Shield Hero and Danmachi with the Konosuba's flair. Really glad White Fox is doing this too since we've all seen how a solid manga could end up in the wrong hands. Anyway, the animation was fairly fluid and I liked the art style. Honestly, I'm ok with if this season isn't the best, but I have a feeling this is going to be a really solid watch for the next few months. I'll probably also check out the manga after it ends tbh.
Oct 2, 2019 8:56 PM
Jul 2018
well this can be enjoyable as a meme, hopefully people don't have real expectations for this lol
Oct 2, 2019 9:19 PM

Jan 2013
Restart's faces are priceless at not-Goblin Slayer's overly cautious dumbassery lol..i love it so far
Oct 2, 2019 11:00 PM

Feb 2019
Seriously this is the comedy that everyone has been praising? it desperately trying to be KonoSuba with a dryer male lead 150%. All it really adds to that formula, one that's pretty worn to the nubs to begin with, is that the female lead has more energy and more stupid faces meanwhile say jokes like "Here's a thirty second bit of exposition. Wait a minute, why am I giving exposition to myself? Anyway, here's more exposition." A lot of the other problem with the non-stupid face jokes is also that, despite the title, the hero is not being overly cautious, and it even ends with a vague probably-to-be-dropped-next-week turn towards seriousness showing that he wasn't being cautious enough. Most of the time, it's the female lead flippantly citing some cliche, getting an appropriatey flat "that sounds stupid and unwise" response, and then doing the overreaction yell-and-make-dumb-face bit. A more appropriate title might be "Overly Excitable Dingus Overreacts to Cliches Being Pointed Out as Stupid," and there ain't no shortage of that in the anime world.as I said I am tired of self-aware comedy where the characters are unilateral fools a one-joke show that sooner rather than later will end up wear out.
Oct 2, 2019 11:16 PM

Apr 2018
Nice episode. seiya is a nice MC, dude is relatable af. And yes The goddess is basically aqua V2.
Oct 3, 2019 12:03 AM

Aug 2012
Six pack scene was funny. Everything else was mehh or dumb. Pretty much a scuffed Konosuba.
Oct 3, 2019 12:12 AM
Feb 2012
I almost can’t remember a time when White Fox animated other things besides isekai adaptations
Oct 3, 2019 12:18 AM
Jan 2012
The way she create a dimensional gate thou... Dr Strange thought you well xD
Oct 3, 2019 2:13 AM

Feb 2014
The perfect anime to replace the god tier Maou-sama, Retry!

Oct 3, 2019 3:07 AM

Sep 2017
linua said:
what Seiya does are what i usually do on Skyrim, i wont take a chance to go my journey without enchanted Daedric armor, weapon and maxed skill so those pesky wolf wont get in my way

And that's how you end up destroying Alduin with a single swing of a sword

Oct 3, 2019 3:55 AM

Apr 2009
Episode 1 was good but with one concern. It was good mainly because of the Goddess(Ristarte) to me tho the faces almost seem too much. Aki expended a lot of energy this episode. lol Seiya at first was alright but his shtick started to get a little tiresome to me. That could use some tweaking. Or maybe he'll grow on me. We'll see.
DreddOct 3, 2019 4:09 AM
Oct 3, 2019 4:18 AM

Jul 2012
Pretty nice start. Planned on watching after reading manga, it was not something great, but weirdly and enjoyably funny. Plus really like Toyosaki Aki VA Ristarte!
Oct 3, 2019 4:26 AM

Mar 2019
I will now forevermore have the phrases "Ooh six-pack" and "Ooh sexy" stuck in my head. The delivery of those lines was absolutely brilliant. This gonna be a good show
Oct 3, 2019 5:50 AM
Jun 2017
Ohh i must also be cautious and this will not be like an ISEKAI CHEAT MAGICIAN. . hahaha
Oct 3, 2019 6:02 AM
Mar 2018
I feel a bit tired after watching that episode. Everything seems overly energetic and over the top that it actually tired me out.
I have read abit of the manga and so far, the anime stays true it. Either way, I don't think I will actively be watching this anime. I will probably hoard it and watch it at one point in the future if I have nothing better to watch.
Oct 3, 2019 6:20 AM

Jul 2014
Pretty funny first episode, Seiya and Ristarte make an amusing pair. The only question will be if the show can maintain its humour and not fall into the generic trappings of the genre (it has used some so far, but differently enough I can overlook it so far).

Also, wow, that MYTH&ROID OP was absolute garbage, really bad by their standards.
Oct 3, 2019 6:29 AM
May 2016
The animation is fk great, especially those cartoony facial expression, it's just a joy to watch. The voice actor for the Aqua 2.0 is also great. I would watch the whole season for these aspects alone.
X_roudOct 3, 2019 6:33 AM
Oct 3, 2019 6:30 AM

Feb 2014
The art is pretty much Jashin-chan vibe and the comedy to it too.
When someone asks me why I like anime, I'd say Just Because.

Pages (6) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Shinchou Yuusha: Kono Yuusha ga Ore Tueee Kuse ni Shinchou Sugiru Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Oct 9, 2019

179 by Beatnik »»
Jan 19, 2:49 AM

Poll: » Shinchou Yuusha: Kono Yuusha ga Ore Tueee Kuse ni Shinchou Sugiru Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 27, 2019

273 by vicok »»
Dec 13, 2023 3:10 PM

Poll: » Shinchou Yuusha: Kono Yuusha ga Ore Tueee Kuse ni Shinchou Sugiru Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Nov 6, 2019

135 by Ayano_Kuma »»
Nov 8, 2023 4:57 AM

Poll: » Shinchou Yuusha: Kono Yuusha ga Ore Tueee Kuse ni Shinchou Sugiru Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Dec 25, 2019

208 by brunoyilli »»
Oct 31, 2023 7:51 PM

Poll: » Shinchou Yuusha: Kono Yuusha ga Ore Tueee Kuse ni Shinchou Sugiru Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 18, 2019

94 by brunoyilli »»
Oct 31, 2023 9:30 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.