Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »
Sep 11, 2019 5:12 PM
Jul 2018
This episode was so emotional, Charce and Aries backstory was so good. If Symphogear XV wasn't airing this season then Kanata no Astra would definitely be my AOTS.
Sep 11, 2019 5:13 PM

Mar 2014
Underrated gem of the season right here.

Nothing in the last episode is going to change my mind about that.
"You can't spell slaughter without laughter".
Sep 11, 2019 5:14 PM

Nov 2016
Pretty much the whole episode left me almost unaffected. Maybe it's because things went down too fast for my taste.

Well, the ending was still pretty cool. Only one episode to go and I have no clue what to expect.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Sep 11, 2019 5:21 PM

Dec 2014
Great episode, quite touching especially the very end.

I was actually curious as to whether Kanata would've actually lost his arm there cause it would make sense but I was wondering if the show would actually do it and when they actually did I was definitely a little shook.

Kanata is an awesome MC, reckless but always straightforward and stupidly honest. It's what makes his actions so endearing. Loved the last scene where he asked Charce to become his right hand man. :)

I can't say I was able to understand Charce's action but I'm glad to know that deep down he really wanted to live. :)
Sep 11, 2019 5:26 PM

Oct 2015
AHHHHH I HAVE GOOSEBUMPS

That was honestly amazing. This crew together has overcome so many obstacles and problems and have grown so much. Nobody is perfect, when you do reckless things, you may get hurt.

But I'm pretty sure for Kanata, it was worth it
Sep 11, 2019 6:19 PM
Review Moderator
Onii Chan

Mar 2018
This was a great episode I can't wait till the last episode. I really hope its extra long just like the first episode so the show can resolve all the remaining plot points and show us where all of them end up in life.
ACasualViewerSep 11, 2019 6:24 PM
Sep 11, 2019 6:44 PM

Jan 2011
great episode cap'n pulled a Shanks while i know in the time skip? he'll just have a prosthetic arm but it was pretty wild he lost it ,would've been even more fucked up if it was a leg losing something like that would've been too symbolic lol

excited for the hour long final not often a show opens with a hour long and ends with one too
Sep 11, 2019 7:01 PM

Jul 2017
This was a very nice episode,this anime havent betrayed my expectations.
Sep 11, 2019 7:06 PM

Oct 2011
landofthekwt said:
Everyone give a big hand to Kanata
hahahahaha I see what you did there xD
Sep 11, 2019 7:28 PM
Anime Cat

Aug 2017
The next episode will be the best episode of this miraculous journey
Sep 11, 2019 8:04 PM
Mar 2014
Wow, what a dramatic episode, full of emotions.

and yikes, that gotta really hurt, losing an arm in a teleportation accident.

:p
Sep 11, 2019 8:11 PM

Oct 2015

Damn, to find out your mom is not really your biological- pretty sad!

Also Kanata is a damn true boy scout, for trying to save Charce even though he's pretty much their enemy.
lihle808Sep 11, 2019 8:17 PM
How I learned to stop worrying and love the bomb --- Dr Strangelove

Sep 11, 2019 8:23 PM

Jul 2012
This episode was mind blowing.

Emotional, yet heartwarming (Emma and Aries) and fucking mindblowing (the right arm)

This show has managed to keep me off my toes in every single fucking episode, that is amazing.

Looking forward to next weeks 1h long EP!
Sep 11, 2019 8:53 PM

Jul 2016
That severed arm in CGI tho...

As expected, it was another underwhelming episode. Too much exposition for both Charce and Aries which could have been handled in a better way if the episode were longer but well.
I especially didn't like how "random" the death of Seira was. Out of nowhere, an enemy faction killed her? and said enemy faction found out where Aries was and arranged her participation in the space trip so that, she would die in space? yeah... no.

On the other hand, at least I'm somewhat glad to see that Kanata's reckless/stupid actions can actually have consequences. Probably the only moment in the episode where I felt genuine interest in what I was watching.

Anyways, fortunately, there's just one more episode to go so let's see how this journey will finally conclude.

P.S.: For some reason, I think I didn't need to know that Aries is basically Charce's daughter...
Sep 11, 2019 9:47 PM

Jul 2016
Great episode plot twist continues. Charce tells that he is the double of the King. And Aries is double of the Kings daughter. That daughter named Seira, but she is assasinated . Kanata shows hes deternation to protect his crew and Charce too. And that last scene, he sacrificed his arm. To protect Charce. Overall its the best episode of the series so far. To the next episode.

Sep 11, 2019 10:00 PM
Jan 2019
This episode was like a squeeze in my heart, I finished watching it with tears in my eyes. Charce revealed such shocking truths about her history in the kingdom, about Princess Seira, and Aries. The exchange of words between him, Kanata and the crew, was a true battle of feelings, a battle to save the life of a precious companion. Kanata never ceases to amaze me, he is a character too cool and admirable, I was about to cry with the end when after all the events, he told Charce: "You will be my right hand." Everything fit perfectly, it was an amazing and very emotional scene.
Without a doubt, I consider this anime one of the best of the season and of the year 2019. It has unquestionably become one of my favorite anime.

"You were happier than anyone else by leaving your castle and seeing the world."

Ps: Princess Seira was just what Charce said: A gentle, strong and noble soul. And Aries is too.
Sep 11, 2019 10:16 PM

Dec 2015
Throwing his hand out and yelling at the blackhole was the dumbest way to lose his arm; they should have had him do something like throw Charce out of the way when it came close but by doing so he slightly loses balance and his hand gets sucked in so Charce stops it. Overall though it was a great episode. I still don't like the message they are trying to portray that fighting and possibly dying for what you believe in is a bad thing. The author of this story really has an unrealistic ideal of what a perfect society would be like.
Sep 11, 2019 10:40 PM

Dec 2009
The presentation of this episode could have been better, it's structure and display felt rather pandering and forced. The plot itself is all fine and valid, but the way it was presented and paced felt like appealing to the lowest common denominator. It did give me feels for a male character (which is very difficult), even if it was contrived, so i'll give it that.

Otherwise it was a fantastic episode, holy shit. Kanata no Astra never fails to keep me on the edge of my seat and coming back for more. Certainly not high-brow, but definitely great entertainment.
❀桜舞う空〜                   Cute is Power.           🔗CosmoGenesis Project
“You cannot know what you do not know.”
“Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.”
“A truth seeker has no patience for BS.”

I seek only to improve myself and others.
Sep 11, 2019 11:54 PM
Oct 2018
I have a foreboding about their return. Evil parents are just going to welcome them back? And the girl from the past. Still so many questions...
Sep 12, 2019 1:04 AM
Jan 2018
Kenta Shinohara-sensei (its author) sure is love to use 'right hand' puns in dramatic climaxes.

It's not really a spoiler, but in SKET Dance, its previous work, he also revealed that Bossun's name, Yuusuke, actually means 'right' in one of its very dramatic (and plot twist-y) arc.

But for serious though, I shed a tear watching that Kanata-Charce scene. Damn I love this series so much!
Sep 12, 2019 1:05 AM
孔真・コウマコト

Jun 2017
Fantastic episode! Great to see the plot twists are still up and running!

Honestly, it's hard to empathise with Charce but it's good to know that despite his strong cover, he really does want to live and care about the others like everyone else. Jeez that King though, making his own daughter have to go through immortality (?) with him just so he doesn't have to face reality.

Should've known there'd be more to Aries, I felt like there was something about her initially but quickly dropped off the idea after Charce's reveal. Definitely played right into the hands of the author here. Aries reaction to finding out the truth about the surrogate mother was quite heartbreaking.

And those final moments, plew...
Hats off to Kanata for coming up with such a reckless idea and actually executing it. Fudge, his arm in space though. It wouldn't have a space journey without casualties but this really looked horrendous, good thing Charce recalled it just in the nick of the moment. Sweet moment between the two to finalise the episode with, Kanata sure is caring leader through and through. Right-arm man, boy that hit hard.

Hopefully, we get more on the suspicious anti-King rebel group next episode and a great conclusion! One-hour finale, 2 episodes worth of screentime in other words, is just great! Both the first and last episodes, awesome!

@Master_Geass, I finally get what you meant by "Agree to disagree" now, well played!
#Anime4Life be my Life Motto! #PrayForKyoAni

Sep 12, 2019 2:04 AM
Jan 2019
only 1 more episode left I wonder what gonna happened
they finally unite
I feel sorry for the king though losing his daughter
Sep 12, 2019 2:49 AM

Feb 2017
Chare had it tougher than I thought. Like others, Kanata losing his arm really caught me off-guard.
Sep 12, 2019 3:02 AM

May 2016
Easily the WORST episode of the entire anime. I felt that they will go with the overused cliché: you wanted to kill us all, but we love you, you love us, the power of love can overcome everything. You will be my right hand because I was so dumb to sacrifice my own right hand to save you shitty life... Come on...

1/5
-
Sep 12, 2019 3:38 AM
Nov 2018
That was amazing! I am in awe at this anime. Great ending to the episode. And great story overall, they explained his connection to Aries so well. None of us guessed that, we all bought his story about how Seira died; but to find out that he lied does seem logical too.
Sep 12, 2019 3:41 AM

Apr 2015
rippo right hando
Sep 12, 2019 3:45 AM

Aug 2013
Emotional episode. How did I not notice the name from before. XD
Sep 12, 2019 3:56 AM
Sep 2015
Kanata lose his right hand, if he need to do something he always do with his right hand, I can lend him my hand and my mouth... and my ass...
Sep 12, 2019 4:05 AM

Aug 2013
What an episode. Very impactful.

Charce had it hard in his life being the clone of a king. The whole reveal about Charce and Aries was so good. Kanata's arm being cut off caught me by surprise.

One episode and it's going to be a one-hour finale. Looking forward to that.

Sep 12, 2019 4:15 AM

Sep 2011
I wasn't feeling the drama at first, but this was surprisingly moving. I guess I'm weak to kings, and princesses, but the situations of Charce and Aries do strike me as having a bit more of "flair." But it's awful, the way he was raised. Conditioned to believe he was nothing but a vessel. Seira treated him as a human, but she couldn't save him, and her tragic end didn't help.

Charce was convinced there was no way he could change, and seize his life for himself, but Yunhua, and in a way the others too, were there as living proof that change is possible. That they are who they are, and not a simple copy of their originals. Kanata once again saved someone from his crew, but I was shocked to see him losing his arm. I mean, it was a symbolic and foreshadowed scene, but still. I mean, getting an arm back in a world with compact wormholes, and perfect clones sounds easy to be honest, but it was still kind of brutal.
Sep 12, 2019 4:20 AM

Nov 2017
I wonder if this show is gonna get the MAL rating it deserves. 7.7 is way too low, I've seen some utter garbage being rated higher than this
Sep 12, 2019 4:24 AM

Oct 2017
Damn just damn Kanata lost his arm. Also finally the mysteries revealed and the feelings in this episode was just epic. Ah just one more episode left sigh.
Sep 12, 2019 5:05 AM

Jan 2017
Power of friendship >>>>
“A detective who corners a culprit with their reasoning and drives them to suicide in front of himself – is no different than a murderer.”
– Shinichi Kudo
Sep 12, 2019 5:16 AM

Aug 2017
Another awesome episode! Losing Kanata's arm is a big surprise, let's hope we can have a reason next week and a good conclusion. I'm excited and sad at the same time, it will be the last one....
Row-anSep 12, 2019 5:20 AM

Sep 12, 2019 5:34 AM

Mar 2018
I really wish Kanata didn't lose his arm 。゚(゚´Д`゚)゚。
Drama tag should be added (><)
Sep 12, 2019 5:56 AM
Oct 2018
Good episode as always, can enjoy every single second in it. But, DAMN, I'm not ready for the end of this anime. 12 episode is not enough. I hate my taste that makes me loving good anime which usually have short episode :(
Sep 12, 2019 6:07 AM

Feb 2014
Best episode of the series so far for me. =)

Charce's new explanation about who he is confirms that his first backstory about him was a made-up lie, so seeing his real backstory this time was welcome. It also confirmed that Aries is a clone of the king's daughter, Seira. The scene where Seira and Emma, who was smuggling Aries out of the kingdom, having their emotional send-off was really well done.

As for Charce, I did have sympathy for him and most of it came after he had to bare witness to Seira being shoved off a cliff by an assassin. Because of that incident, he was locked up in a cell until about a week before the school camp even began.

The whole scene was filled with emotion as everyone wanted to try and convince Charce to abandon his duty for the king, but he was still trying to resist. Kanata became the MVP of this episode by putting Charce on the spot, shouting truthful words after truthful words about Charce lying to himself and he even went as far as to punch Charce in the face out of frustration, which he fully deserved.

What I didn't expect was for Charce to pull out a back-up controller to activate the black hole, but this time, he used it to kill himself. In a spur of the moment, Kanata ran at full speed and used his anti-gravity boots to jump over the black hole and grabbed Charce, but held out his right hand in desperation. When his hand started to get sucked into the black hole, Charce panicked and de-activated the controller, which closed the black hole. Sadly, it did mean that Kanata's arm below the elbow got cleanly chopped off. Ouch... =(

By normal circumstances, Kanata's choice to raise his right arm was stupid, but their situation was FAR from normal. To the new users who criticised that moment in particular, would you be able to do a better job than Kanata when your life, as well as all the other crew around him, is on the line in that situation and come out uninjured? I doubt it. It's FAR easier said than done, isn't it? =/

Anyway, I'm looking forward to the final episode, which is confirmed to be another double-length episode. =3
Sep 12, 2019 7:51 AM

Mar 2017
That was one hella emotional episode. Poor Charce has had such a terrible life so i'm happy that he's now found people who love and care about him the way he deserves.

I like the twist that Aries is actually a clone of the heir to the Kingdom because it was so obvious that she was Seira so it was so clever to have built on that twist.

I can't believe there's only one more episode... i think i might actually cry when it's over because this has honestly been one of the best anime i've ever seen!
Sep 12, 2019 8:13 AM

Nov 2017
Omg this is the best episode so far. Why this anime got a score below 8?

Sep 12, 2019 8:20 AM

Feb 2010
_MushiRock11_ said:
Hopefully, we get more on the suspicious anti-King rebel group next episode and a great conclusion! One-hour finale, 2 episodes worth of screentime in other words, is just great! Both the first and last episodes, awesome!

@Master_Geass, I finally get what you meant by "Agree to disagree" now, well played!

This was way back in episode 2 but when they were running from the orb Charce learned about Aries's photographic memory. Next thing we know the orb is gone and we don't see it again for months. Meanwhile Charce seems to be hovering around Aries.

I'm not sure rebel is the right word here. The king's power is largely limited to the royal district and there doesn't seem to be anything to stop people if they want to leave. However you should ask yourself who benefits if the king doesn't have any heirs.
Sep 12, 2019 8:26 AM

Aug 2014
What a fantastic episone, 1 episode left :"( I hope it ends in a great way.
"Even if it has good reviews, if I don't like it then it is shit"

-Some random anime character
Sep 12, 2019 9:01 AM

Nov 2011
Charce became the most hated character in 5 minutes. Like my man Kanata lost an ARM TO SAVE YOUR SORRY ASS!!

Kanata needs more love as one of the best Male characters this season. He's freaking awesome.
Listen to my podcast
https://anchor.fm/waifusandweeaboos

Follow my twitch.
https://www.twitch.tv/sorasensei1

Spring 2024 Waifus on Profile

"You can have multiple Waifus" -me

Sep 12, 2019 9:13 AM
孔真・コウマコト

Jun 2017
Master_Geass said:
This was way back in episode 2 but when they were running from the orb Charce learned about Aries's photographic memory. Next thing we know the orb is gone and we don't see it again for months. Meanwhile Charce seems to be hovering around Aries.

Right, that makes a whole lot more sense now!

Master_Geass said:
I'm not sure rebel is the right word here. The king's power is largely limited to the royal district and there doesn't seem to be anything to stop people if they want to leave. However you should ask yourself who benefits if the king doesn't have any heirs.

Oh, that’s interesting! Making a wild guess here - some bigshot Royal Family supposedly next in line (built up through fake ‘loyalty’ over years or so is my pick) is up to no good behind the scenes.
#Anime4Life be my Life Motto! #PrayForKyoAni

Sep 12, 2019 10:16 AM

Dec 2016
Nice work Charce, look what you've done... half of Kanata's right arm is long gone. Felt bad for him going through with this mess :(

Such an emotional episode... I can't believe there's one more episode left...

[*]My Completed List
[*]♪Listen ►
[/list][/left]
Sep 12, 2019 10:28 AM

May 2018
So Charce aka Noah Vix was also a clone of the King of a backward country Vixia, so crazy as it was his mission was to perish and brought other to his demise???

So Aries was to a clone of the King of Vixia's daughter, so basically she was raise to be an organ donor for the princess, just in case.......kinda remind me of the 2005 move by Ewan McGregor and Scarlet Johanneson called "The Island" where clones were raise to become organ doners to their gene doners;

Sep 12, 2019 10:50 AM

Sep 2013
Charce's backstory was totes not satisfying for me. And now there's even another layer to the already expansive plot threat, in which there are apparently people trying to kill Seira/Aries and the royal bloodline.
Sep 12, 2019 11:09 AM
Apr 2018
I teared up a little.

Easily part of my top 5 Summer Anime 2019.
Sep 12, 2019 11:47 AM

Oct 2014
*Raises arm towards wormhole*

"Get away from us or else!"

*Arm gets eaten by wormhole*

...can't say I'm not surprised.
Sep 12, 2019 12:55 PM

Feb 2016
Only series of the season that has made me to watch every episode two or three times. I like Kanata's detective skill, with Aries's visual memory skill; they could be a good private detective team. Oh well...
Sep 12, 2019 1:05 PM

Mar 2010
"You are going to be my right hand man."

Now, kiss.

Astra is rejected.

____
This series still amazes me of how stupid the characters are.
WHO the hell sticks his hand in a wormhole when there is open space behind them to run off to?
BUT HE HAD TO THROW IN HIS ARM FOR THE ARGUMENT'S SAKE.
LOL
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kanata no Astra Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 18, 2019

349 by Xionea »»
May 15, 8:40 AM

Poll: » Kanata no Astra Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Aug 7, 2019

237 by Karva1 »»
Apr 29, 5:00 PM

Poll: » Kanata no Astra Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 3, 2019

352 by Karva1 »»
Apr 29, 1:43 PM

Poll: » Kanata no Astra Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Aug 28, 2019

202 by DebiPS »»
Apr 18, 7:58 PM

Poll: » Kanata no Astra Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 10, 2019

304 by Sakagami_Tomoyo »»
Mar 3, 5:10 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.