Forums
New
Pages (11) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »
May 3, 2017 1:50 PM
Apr 2016
Bobby2Hands said:
Robiiii said:

Arent u into that stuff tho? :P

Am I into borderline Japanese war propaganda with characters so dull and homogeneous that they all blend together?...no, I'm not.

I mean, just look at these characters, can you even tell them apart from each other?

Not trying to defend the actual show but I read that the animators were instructed to draw the characters like background characters to make them look more convincing as spies. So we're not really supposed to be able to tell them apart easily.
May 3, 2017 1:58 PM

Sep 2015
One helluva surprising list that's for sure. Interesting to see what Japanese people are interested in...
May 3, 2017 1:59 PM

Mar 2014

I'm glad Yojouhan Shinwa Taikei even made it to the list and that Tokyo Ghoul didn't show up at all but seriously, the idol loli anime was okay but not amazing and Code Gayass and Puta Madoka were SHIT. (I don't even want to talk about SAO, Shitgatsu or SNK being in the top 100).

At least Osomatsu-san made it to the top 10, there are other anime that deserve being on the list as well (such as NGE, Haikyuu!! and GiTS: SAC) and certain anime that don't really deserve being in the top 100 but are still good
Comic_SansMay 3, 2017 2:03 PM
Nico- said:
@Comic_Sans oh no y arnt ppl dieing i need more ppl dieing rly gud plot avansement jus liek tokyo ghoul if erbudy dies amirite
Conversations with people pinging/quoting me to argue about some old post I wrote years ago will not be entertained
May 3, 2017 2:01 PM

Jan 2014
A lot of masterpieces that defined the modern era of animation (Ginga Eiyuu Densetsu, Neon Genesis Evangelion, Mobile Suit Gundam, Uchuu Senkan Yamato) but even the unknown titles (Soukou Kihei Votoms, Urusei Yatsura 2: Beautiful Dreamer, Macross: Do You Remember Love?) are awesome.
May 3, 2017 2:14 PM

Jul 2016
The Japanese are weird. All I can say about this list.
May 3, 2017 2:34 PM
Aug 2015
What am I even looking at!?!?!?!?
This list is all over the place O.o
How can SAO be higher than FMAB!??!?!
And I'm not being a hater here, that's a legit question
May 3, 2017 2:37 PM

Jul 2013
I love the salt this new has created. Sasuga, MAL xD
May 3, 2017 2:38 PM

Mar 2015
Gotta agree with what some had said,there shouldn't be multiple places for seasons and movies of a one franchise,especially since this is basically a popularity list,but at least they didn't put multiple places for cours of a one title,like mal does.

and lol at some of the triggered comments here.
MonstrumMay 3, 2017 2:51 PM
May 3, 2017 2:45 PM
Supreme Tsundere

Nov 2012
otterman965 said:
Love Live dominating the top. Miyazaki was right. Anime was a mistake.

More like mainstream japanese's taste is retarded and it is killing this industry, how the FUCK Love Life has 3 entries on the top 10, of the 100 best anime of all time.

You cant just take this survey seriously after that.
May 3, 2017 2:53 PM

Nov 2011
The only thing that amuses me about this list is that Shounen Hollywood is popular enough to get on it. Well, that and the Pokemon movie.
「喜びも悲しみもあなたさえ五等分なんです!」

May 3, 2017 3:02 PM
Jul 2018
Why is Shit Taste Online higher than Rebellion, Steins;Gate, Fate/Zero, and some more? Why is Shit Taste Online on the list at all?
May 3, 2017 3:07 PM
Jul 2018
Absolutely bizarre list. Out of any Pokemon movie, they choose... Giratina and the Sky Warrior? You would assume that they would pick a more famous one.
That's only the least of this list's problems though. I want to know who voted on this, because the target demographics for a lot of these shows do not match with the others.
You have smash hits on the list, "cash grabs", like Love Live, Idolmaster, Pokemon/Digimon, Code Geass, Madoka, Monogatari, then you have generally respected "elitist" classic anime like Legend of the Galactic Heroes, Lupin, and Bebop (Cowboy Bebop I heard was never even popular in Japan, guess that was false), and then... Tiger and Bunny taking up the first two slots...? That show was that popular?
Shounen Hollywood is in the Top 100? Didn't that show bomb?

Even as a popularity list, this is just bizarre. It doesn't fit what is actually popular; it's as if they did a popularity contest, then asked some hardcore fans to throw in their favorite anime in between the rest, and call it a day.
Not to mention that there is more than one title per popular franchise on this list? How unfair can a list be?

And also, as a huge Berserk fan, it is absolutely insulting that any Berserk adaptations are nowhere to be found on the top 400 list. Shame on you, Japan.
removed-userMay 3, 2017 3:14 PM
May 3, 2017 3:11 PM

May 2015
Rorek said:
Kittens-kun said:
MAL's top 100 isn't shit

Agree, it's a cancer.

Have any of you even bothered to actually look at the top 100? There's some REALLY good shows. Gintama, Code Geass, Monster, Rakugo, Mushishi, FMAB, Ippo, etc. I don't see how you can think all these shows are shit or cancer.

May 3, 2017 3:15 PM

Apr 2009
HikariJake said:
It doesn't fit what is actually popular; it's as if they did a popularity contest, then asked some hardcore fans to throw in their favorite anime in between the rest, and call it a day.

Possibly that's how it went, when the initial version of the list appeared embarassing even by NHK standards.
May 3, 2017 3:19 PM
Sep 2012
I'm curious how many and which studio made on this list. So, i wasted my time to listed anime based on studio.

1-100 List

1-400 (full) List
May 3, 2017 3:26 PM
Jul 2018
LittleStar said:
I stopped after "Love Live! School Idol Project" -.-
Really?
Yes, is nice series, but really #4? -.-

Not only #4, but also #5, #9, and #33. Japanese fans are insane.

_Ako_ said:
Where's Welcome to NHK?!

That list has been manipulated by someone with his own agenda. That's the only reason that Welcome to NHK wouldn't be #1 in NHK...

It's a conspiracy...!
Not only are the NHK turning helpless otakus into hikikomori NEETs, but they're also turning them into mindless moe zombies with shit taste!!

Goddamn you, NHK!!!
removed-userMay 3, 2017 3:31 PM
May 3, 2017 3:34 PM

May 2008
Wow...if I have one thing to say about this list.....

May 3, 2017 3:48 PM

Feb 2015
PolarCyrus97 said:
you know what....im super mad/pissed/triggered/furious right now..not towards this top 100 list..infact this is a okay list imo(i can disagree with some titles being in there)..but im mad towards these people that are raging at this post and talking about superior taste and japan's taste is shit and calling japanese people plebs etc...i know the anime community here is disjointed and have differences and/or making fun of others(yes i know the anime community is all fun,dank memes etc).BUT THIS is a new low.You guys are truly making me sick with all these rants/banter.You shouldn't take anime seriously guys geez(im okay with waifu wars tho).Japan is the home of anime.They enjoy anime too for their entertainment(ofcourse)and we do too here in the america/europe whoever u are from.We shouldn't be shitting on their ways of thinking and liking certain shows.We are human beings for crying out loud,we are not robots with the same CPU or progamming.So guys pls be respectfull of others,(im not telling you to stop
im not forcing my ideas on you)keep it cool and move on

END
PS. Sorry for my bad englih and wording...i had this stuck in my chest for months looking for a way to express myself,till this post came up...
Thank you for reading this

Welcome to MAL.... rather, welcome to anime community dude!

LittleStar said:
I stopped after "Love Live! School Idol Project" -.-
Really?
Yes, is nice series, but really #4? -.-

I am also disappointed that mah waifu, fappable lolis aren't #1 when it should be. Not even gonna talk about the series that doesn't even need to be there.

@HikariJake

I know dude! Fucking NHK manipulating someone's mind... we need to break free from it...
May 3, 2017 3:53 PM

Jan 2014
tiger and bunny number 1. i agree
May 3, 2017 4:02 PM

Apr 2013
More sadly is NO Magi, Shokugeki no Souma, Nisekoi, Nagi no Asukara, Chuunibyou & Noragami make to top 400 in the list.

sweetsilver said:
I'm curious how many and which studio made on this list. So, i wasted my time to listed anime based on studio.

1-100 List

1-400 (full) List

What the hell many Sunrise's anime make to top 100....

Just one serious question, is this ranking list will affect on the making production of the sequel or the anime franchise in future?? Regarding the voting of this anime popularity in Japan instead follow international anime community need??
May 3, 2017 4:14 PM

Jul 2011
The rankings are based on votes by the public. By default, more recent and/or popular shows will rank higher. Series with a very supportive fan base as well (ie. Love Live). Basically a popularity vote on a massive scale.600K??

What even lol. This is actually a funny list.
MirorinMay 3, 2017 4:18 PM
May 3, 2017 4:18 PM

Mar 2016
Welp, besides the growing salt, I'm glad my favorite anime of all time made it at least into the top 10.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 3, 2017 4:23 PM

Apr 2013
This was actually a very surprising list. I'm not sure how to feel about it outside of intrigue.
May 3, 2017 4:38 PM

Dec 2012
Hyouka at 25? Impressive.

Can't believe Gochiusa beats every CGDCT anime out there. Wtf. Where's NNB?

I don't watch as much anime as before...
May 3, 2017 4:42 PM

May 2015
#307. That alone already makes NHK's list better than MALs. Keep climbing!
May 3, 2017 4:49 PM
News Team
YEEHAW

Nov 2014
I'm just gonna do like the Top 10 doesnt exist and the top 100 actually start at #11.

Just that is already an improvement.
STOP SLEEPING ON ODD TAXI

May 3, 2017 5:00 PM

Nov 2013
If you see ANN article, you could see that Tiger & bunny, joker game, Osomatsu, are in top 10 female votes, but doesn't exist in male voters' top ten. Meanwhile Love Live, GuP, Gochiusa, is in top 10 male votes but not in top 10 female votes. Women love their boys, and Guys love their cute girls.

Still, I'm rather surprised that male votes has classic choices like Gundam, Evangelion, and LOGH in top 10.
JJHRTDMay 3, 2017 5:10 PM
May 3, 2017 5:16 PM

Jun 2015
sweetsilver said:
lack of satoshi kon works make me sad....

Katsu-kun said:
Not even one Ghibli or Kon movie. Ok.

Perfect Blue is actually in the extended top 400 list, tied in the 392th place alongside with Elfen Lied. xD
May 3, 2017 5:37 PM

Oct 2013
kuuderes_shadow said:
Tasukuu said:
More like some kind of popularity vote.

That's exactly what it is.

@Agafin @Tasukuu

The real question is when can it not be a popularity vote? The answer would be not including any popular anime, but then the lesser known anime will still get the edge over the obscure anime.

So really, every vote can all be considered as a popularity vote really. But look at the bright side, there is plenty of lesser popular series getting better ranking than the popular ones, so its really not a one way traffic as it seems.

its just that the popular ones will dominate the list more.
May 3, 2017 5:44 PM

Sep 2014
Bleh. Not really a fan of the list, at least when it comes to the top 10.

But in the top 100, there's Kill la Kill, Gurren Lagann, Do You Remember Love?, Geass, NGE, Gundam, Hunter x Hunter, Utena ... that's like most of my favourites.
definitely could be worse
it's not that bad if I ignore the order
May 3, 2017 5:46 PM
Dec 2014
Hitman reborn and Iron-blooded Orphans are on the list, that enough for me, everyone else tho ? y'all are entitled babies,grow the fuck up.
May 3, 2017 5:50 PM
Apr 2017
HikariJake said:

And also, as a huge Berserk fan, it is absolutely insulting that any Berserk adaptations are nowhere to be found on the top 400 list. Shame on you, Japan.

Because all Berserk adpations are decent at best. The movies third one is good but the first and second sucks , Berserk 2016 is shit , Berserk 2016 okay but alot of people don't care about anymore or don't even watch and 97's anime is good but is super old , bad animation and the ending is bad. I don't think any Berserk anime deserve a spot on the top 400.
May 3, 2017 5:52 PM
Luny Tunes

Feb 2012
I'm already satisfied just seeing 2 of my favorites in there. First season of GochiUsa sure is high on that list. Didn't really expect that, tbh, but that's a good thing for me, heh.

Tiger & Bunny was a good show, but it's #1?! Well, wow... ._.
May 3, 2017 5:58 PM

Jun 2015
Huh. If the list was "in no particular order", I'd say this was a reasonable list of top 100 anime. I'm seeing plenty of game-changer names on here, the order just confuses me lol. Really surprised at Tiger & Bunny at the top, how interesting xD
May 3, 2017 6:06 PM

Oct 2013
Imaishi said:

But in the top 100, there's Kill la Kill, Gurren Lagann, Do You Remember Love?, Geass, NGE, Gundam, Hunter x Hunter, Utena ... that's like most of my favourites.

Where? I don't see it.
May 3, 2017 6:08 PM

Sep 2014
keragamming said:
Imaishi said:

Where? I don't see it.

Is ctrl + f that hard?
It's at place 84, although that seems to be the 99 version
May 3, 2017 6:15 PM
Jul 2016
The Japanese are strangers: Mob Psycho 100 in another research, for TV anime that should have sequenced, gained a position as being in preference. However, on DVD sales the work was very poor. They do not know what they want. Either the studios and the industry do not know how to innovate.
May 3, 2017 6:16 PM

Jul 2013
lol, well at least Gintama ranked high
May 3, 2017 6:38 PM

Aug 2013
Where is Nana u.u?

:c
May 3, 2017 6:45 PM

Aug 2016
Ohh that's an interesting list. Hmmm Hmmm

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.

May 3, 2017 7:01 PM

Aug 2015
Goes to show how superior Japan's taste are than pleebs of MAL
May 3, 2017 7:05 PM

Oct 2013
Imaishi said:
keragamming said:

Where? I don't see it.

Is ctrl + f that hard?
It's at place 84, although that seems to be the 99 version

Why so hostile though?

Jan 2017
Though I'm happy Angel Beats made #77 and Nausicaä even #54, I'm opposed to these inconsistent listings. Can you, for example, really compare Sailor Moon's #60 with Re:Zero's #61? The Former had more than two decades more time to gather a fanbase. On the other hand, the latter was still fresh in mind of everyone at the time of the poll.

If you want to compare making any sense, you should compare how the shows did after a given amount of time.

This tells me nothing but that this saying still is true: Don't believe in statistics you haven't faked yourself.

Jul 2014
**6 Tiger & Bunny Movie: The Beginning

This movie knocked both me and one other person out cold in sleep within 40 minutes.

Of course, I don't take anything on this list seriously, but that one is especially funny (and so is the rest of the irrelevant Tiger & Bunny franchise - which is just a glorified Pepsi ad)

EDIT:

*16 Gochuumon wa Usagi Desu ka?

ಠ_ಠ
May 3, 2017 7:06 PM

Jun 2010
Nice!! Mahou shoujo madoka magica on 3rd place
May 3, 2017 8:08 PM

Jun 2012
What a weird list, guess it shows you the state of the anime industry today.
May 3, 2017 8:28 PM

Jul 2009
So Tiger & Bunny is that loved in Japan huh? The screenshots and clips of the series didn't really impress me, but I might watch it soon since free time is coming.
May 3, 2017 8:42 PM

Feb 2015
Well not the best order in my opinion but at least many of my favorites are there ^^ Like Shigatsu wa Kimi no Uso, Clannad, Anohana, Angel Beats.

But I'm surprised that Toradora and Nichijou didn't make it ;-;
May 3, 2017 9:20 PM

Mar 2013
Nice to see Hyouka and Kekkai Sensen on the list. I'm surprised there's no Death Note
May 3, 2017 9:40 PM

Jan 2015
Exerses said:
This list is even worse than mal list.

Eeeeeh I wouldn't be so sure. 5 out of 10 series are Gintama
Pages (11) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» 'Rekishi ni Nokoru Akujo ni Naru zo' Announces Supporting Cast

DatRandomDude - 2 hours ago

0 by DatRandomDude »»
2 hours ago

» 'Mushoku Tensei: Isekai Ittara Honki Dasu' Third Season Announced

Vindstot - Yesterday

19 by smallgalaxy »»
3 hours ago

» Original TV Anime 'Classic★Stars' Announced for 2025

DatRandomDude - 3 hours ago

0 by DatRandomDude »»
3 hours ago

» Summer 2024 Simulcast List

Snow - Jun 28

6 by BlizZar »»
4 hours ago

» 'Ao no Miburo' Reveals Additional Cast, First Promo

DatRandomDude - 5 hours ago

1 by Memore »»
4 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.