Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Aug 23, 2016 5:35 PM

Mar 2016
AmnesiA-chan said:
I can't put up with Sakura's voice anymore...

Same. Her whole character is annoying in my opinion.

Total fanservice episode next week -.- Might skip it. I like the show, but not moe.
Aug 23, 2016 7:19 PM

Sep 2008
With the arrival of Nene I think all the ships have now sailed. Kou x Rin is the most obvious one, then we have Yun x Hajime, and now Umiko x Nene. You could ship Aoba with just about anyone, but poor Hifumi seems all alone so I'll go with Aoba x Hifumi.
Aug 23, 2016 7:40 PM

Jul 2015
Wait... was Sakura's voice always this high pitched? my god, like, seriously, her voice in the beginning, god dang. Anyway, felt like a whole lot of stuff happened this episode, and like it was longer than usual, but still very good. Plus this was one of my favorite parts of the manga, seeing it animated makes me very happy.
A Wild and Small Otaku has Appeared!
Aug 23, 2016 9:13 PM
Bunnies ๐Ÿ“

Jan 2013
Nenechi and pudding.
It must be tough to test the same game over and over again and try to find bugs in them.

Umiko is such a great character. And Nene adds freshness to the show, she's got a playful personality that makes the workplace feel very lively.

Aug 23, 2016 9:56 PM

Jun 2013
Very cute and enjoyable episode as usual :)
Aug 23, 2016 11:38 PM

Oct 2008
Might be awkward sayin' this but every character design on this show is cute!
Nene-chi is a noisy but also shy girl and she's a great hard working game debugger (part-time job since she has 2 months vacation)
Nene centered episode and she was too worried about the pudding she ate LOLZ! at lease she got praised by Umiko!
4/5.

Aug 24, 2016 8:24 AM

Nov 2012
Nenechi has great attention to details when it comes to games.

Umiko and Nenechi will be a great pair.
A city's greatness is determined by the speed of its internet connection.
Aug 25, 2016 2:22 AM

Jul 2016
Nene is cute :3
Sadly I can't say the same about her voice...

‏‏‎ ‎

ใ€Œ‏‏‎ artist‏‏‎ ใ€

ใ€Œ‏‏‎ don't forget to wear your‏‏‎ mask‏‏‎ ใ€

ใ€Œ‏‏‎ ‏‏‎ ใ€
Aug 25, 2016 2:52 AM

Jan 2014
I feel unsettled, Nenecchi should have apologise Kou face to face after all.

Just because Rin and everyone understand doesnt mean it is OK.

1/10 a thief is a thief I hope they dont let this slide and have her apologise for real
Aug 25, 2016 5:22 PM

Jan 2013
All female play testers too, this is getting ridiculous. Need to see one male before the series is over.
Aug 25, 2016 10:00 PM
Sep 2014
RediceRyan said:
All female play testers too, this is getting ridiculous. Need to see one male before the series is over.

The first male to appear in the series shows up in an omake in volume 5, and that omake also explains the lack of guys. We're gonna need a second season at least to get to that point, unfortunately.
Aug 26, 2016 6:36 AM
Mar 2016
Nenecchi's voice sounds very annoying to me, like VA was constantly breathing in helium before saying her lines.
Absolutely love episode 1-7, but this one is just cringy >_<
(Sorry for poor English btw)
Aug 26, 2016 12:27 PM

Feb 2015
Is that what debugging people do in gaming company ? it looks like a very easy job to me. i don't know much about it tho...maybe i'm wrong.

overall, it was a pretty cute and relaxing episode imo. Kinda unexpected to me that she actually will be working together with Aoba in the same company xD it's going to be more fun xD and...dat pudding accident tho...that was cute imo xD

looking foward to the next episode xD
Aug 26, 2016 11:51 PM

Oct 2014
Still waiting for the beach fan service episode.
Aug 27, 2016 1:48 AM

Mar 2016
Good episode!
They put Nenecchi as main characters on this episode.
Also we got more 'game progress' here
And 'pudding theft' scene was heart-warming,
which i always hope on 'slice of life' genre

Next episode is always welcome
RioAlAug 28, 2016 9:14 PM

Aug 28, 2016 5:54 AM

Oct 2013
I watched episode 8 again today. My latest impression is that I love when Kayano Ai is cast as a character such as Rin. She has the perfect voice for Rin. Come to think of it, she also plays Teko in Amanchu this season. Another perfect role for her.
Aug 28, 2016 9:06 AM

Sep 2008
RediceRyan said:

There are no males in the New Game universe. It's a good thing for the male fans. I don't want to see some guy talking to my waifu.
Aug 28, 2016 4:10 PM

Jul 2009
This episode was so fun, I hope Nene keep going to the game tester job.
Sep 1, 2016 2:18 PM

Mar 2009
Nenecchi is so cute. And she's actually very hard working and thoughtful of others. Great episode.
Sep 2, 2016 10:51 AM
Jul 2013
Nice episode, although I'd preferred there will be more focus on the team rather than Nenecchi...
Sep 12, 2016 10:41 PM

Nov 2012
Lol why did this episode have to spend almost half the time on a thief who stole a 100 yen pudding? Though I get that it's actually a pretty serious issue; stealing in a workplace is a really big deal.
Sep 17, 2016 5:00 AM

Nov 2011
This anime is my panacea, an episode I feel recharged from everyday life. As I saw again in Nenecchi during certain situations, LOL. Funny, perhaps less lively than usual, but great quality once again in drawings and animations. The component slice of life was great once again.

SilverDio said:
Not enough Hifumi. 0/10

For once, it can happen, the character Nene does not appear in every episode so much as happened this time. We will make up the next time, although I hope that they do see a little more even the character of Hazuki and beyond. ;)
Sep 24, 2016 5:22 AM

May 2012
Such a fun episode, and lol that pudding ;3 pretty nice addition actually, let's see what's next!
Nov 11, 2016 8:11 AM

Apr 2011
Despite being childish, I don't find Nenen to be annoying. She makes the office a bit more lively.

Rin is such a dear. She's waifu material.
Nov 15, 2016 8:30 PM

Mar 2015
Nice to see Nenecchi get involved.. she's more stacked than I thought!
I'm Bruneian and I like anime. And Manchester United. And fat cats.
Jan 7, 2017 5:34 PM

Nov 2016
A very great episode indeed. Having Nene Sakura becoming a debugger for the game company was pretty interesting. I almost thought she wouldn't been able to do the job properly but she learned rather quickly due to her own efforts. I've never been a debugger before but it sounds like a lot of hard work and can be tedious to make sure to report any bugs in the game and submit them as soon as possible. She was the highlight of this episode and I think she'll do her very best in the company. Though she acts childish at times, it's really cute and funny with her personality.

The second half of the episode was really funny about the pudding mystery. I had a feeling Nene was going to be found out after she decided to eat without knowing who's snack it was earlier. That scene when Rin Toyama had covered for her which I realized that she probably already knew about it all along was really sweet of her to do that. I think Nene learned a valuable experience joining the game company with Aoba and everyone else. I'm really happy that she's there to stay.

I'm looking forward to watching the next episode! :)
Jan 9, 2017 3:16 PM
Dec 2009
The last episode was cute but I prefer episodes like this one that focus on daily life in their office. Awesome that Nene is now there too! Maybe she'll enter the game industry when she finishes school...?
Feb 10, 2017 2:34 AM

Dec 2016
What a fun episode that was, mostly at Nene's expense.

Rin is a very good person.

It would be great if all video game companies offered a job like that with no experience needed. I would definitely sign up.
Mar 30, 2017 12:32 PM

Sep 2014
That Nenecchi is a spy!

The poor girl had to deal with strict and intimidating Umiko as her boss. It's no wonder she was so scared! xD (She deserved it for being childish, though.)

Umiko's deadpan while saying she used to be a spy was brilliant.

Stealing Yagami's pudding was irresponsible, too, but she regretted doing so, so it's okay. Rin was such a good person in this episode! She noticed that Nene was the culprit, yet didn't want to confront her or be harsh to her. Looks like the people of Eagle Jump are only strict if someone is slacking or doesn't take their work seriously, but they aren't too severe otherwise. That's nice for a workplace.

That last scene in the elevator. At first I thought "omg Nene is soooo dead lol", but looks like her work was actually helpful. Umiko even complimented her, which isn't easy at all!

Very nice episode all in all.
Apr 5, 2017 8:50 AM

Sep 2016
0/10 they didn't stone the thief
CrossAnge

Hey guys check my profile for current airing season anime recommendation (guaranteed best taste)
Aug 4, 2017 9:19 AM

Apr 2015
So Nene did land a job at Eagle Jump. Well...even if her motivation for joining wasn't the best, at least she seems to be a good tester.

That pudding looked really good for being "convenience store pudding". When I think of pudding in the US I think of crappy Jell-O stuff.
"No, son, you may not have your body pillow at the dinner table!"
Aug 22, 2017 10:17 AM
Dec 2015
I like this anime a lot but good lord Nene is so annoying.
Her looks, personality, and her fucking voice.
I was really happy that she had little to no screentime in the previous episodes, so this episode was painful for me.
Nov 23, 2017 1:27 PM

Oct 2017
Finally Nenecchi enters the big "scene" with actually joining the company, while I thought that she won't do too much, she clearly beat my expectations and showed she's pretty attentive to even minor details, it reminded me when I was on my internship not too long ago. Her voice is really annoying, though.
The pudding scene was pretty funny, but Nenecchi should have apologized directly to Kou.
"What a Player, what a Champion here at Wimbledon, the first man to win 8 Championships."
Andrew Castle on Roger Federer winning his 19th Grand Slam title.
Jan 22, 2018 9:24 PM

Mar 2015
Lol a whole episode with Nenecchi, though I agree her voice is a bit annoying the more you hear more of her. It's like she's trying to be childish when she's not. Why can't the voice actor be more natural like Aoba's voice?

Feb 2, 2018 4:55 AM

Aug 2016
I can't believe they made the pudding thing such a big deal.

Set by SenpieX
Mar 27, 2018 11:49 PM

Jul 2016
I didn't think Nene's voice was irritating, but her not apologizing directly was.
Oct 20, 2018 6:03 AM

Apr 2013
Nenecchi really caused a lot of trouble, but she also was helping a lot it seems. Umiko can be quite scary :o
Feb 28, 2019 9:36 AM

Oct 2009
lol she's a bit moody aint she. SHE NEEDS A JOHN CENA ATTITUDE ADJUSTMENT!
Jun 24, 2019 5:32 PM

Feb 2018
Sakura so cute xD.
Jun 25, 2019 4:51 AM

Dec 2013
I honestly find the first few episodes boring but it's getting more entertaining. Nenechi is so cute and acting like a kid hahaha. Umiko is scary still, but she acknowledge Nenechi's job. Well it sucks to store your food in refrigerator and being taken by other person but Rin and Nenechi seems to handle the situation properly

โ˜…โ”โ”โ”€
๐˜๐˜ฐ๐˜ธ ๐˜ค๐˜ข๐˜ฏ ๐˜ ๐˜ฃ๐˜ณ๐˜ช๐˜ฏ๐˜จ ๐˜ฑ๐˜ฆ๐˜ข๐˜ค๐˜ฆ ๐˜ต๐˜ฐ ๐˜ฎ๐˜บ ๐˜ฉ๐˜ฆ๐˜ข๐˜ณ๐˜ต?
๐˜ž๐˜ฉ๐˜ฆ๐˜ฏ ๐˜ ๐˜ต๐˜ฉ๐˜ช๐˜ฏ๐˜ฌ ๐˜ข๐˜ฃ๐˜ฐ๐˜ถ๐˜ต ๐˜ช๐˜ต ๐˜ฆ๐˜ท๐˜ฆ๐˜ณ๐˜บ ๐˜ฅ๐˜ข๐˜บ?

Feb 6, 2021 8:36 PM
Mar 2010
Nene ain't really normal. Screaming her lungs out after the semester is done. I had hope she just stayed in the last few minutes of the episode.
Mar 20, 2021 9:43 AM
Aug 2020
Nene is the absolute worst, if she stays in this show, I am dropping this. That spiky hair guy in Shirobako already gave me my fill of insufferable characters for a lifetime.
Jun 6, 2021 11:33 AM
Jun 2016
Nene was such a fun character in this episode. Especially at the start of the episode where she got excited that her tests were over, and that part where she met Ko, lol.

I can see why some people would find Nene to be annoying. But her voice isn't that high-pitched compared to characters with a similar role to her in other anime. Although to be fair, I rarely get annoyed by characters like her. So yeah, just saying I like their decision of picking a more tolerable voice for her.

I like Aoba's interactions with Nene, but her interactions with Umiko are also quite cute. Hope we get more in the next episodes.
Mat2468xkJun 6, 2021 11:36 AM
Nov 9, 2021 11:14 PM

May 2009
Stark700 said:
Well I thought the episode was pretty fun with more game mechanics. (looks like the game focused one some fantasy themes with main heroine)
Wait, the game's protagonist is a girl?

neonie said:
Nenecchi is the best girl, in this show. So naturally, this is the best episode, so far.

Also, she seems far more competent, and knowledgeable, in regards to her job, than Aoba has ever seemed to come off. Those notes were badass. I wonder, if she'll get hired permanently.

I like how Umiko is still scary to anyone who doesn't know her true personality. xD.
Umiko's unintended natural jerk tone reminds me of Akira Kayama from Stellvia, who other characters thought was scary/rude until they got to know her.

And holy crap Nene is like that one series nerd who has the dedication to put in the work to do something even after it becomes tedious for them. She probably knows the game better than Aoba does.

Lelouch0202 said:
Sophia-chan alive route ftw.
kamil88 said:
Great episode as always, if Nenecchi knew how much Aoba care about Sophia-chan, she wouldn't report "Sophia-chan doesn't die" bug
I was wondering whether, given the idealistic tone of the story, they'd just end up programming in an alternate route where Sophia doesn't die.

Maelstrom184 said:
Haha...Nenecchi actually makes Aoba seem mature and worldly by comparison!
The irony is that Nene tries so darned hard to not look like a kid.

Burger-Meister said:
Kind of weird that nobody even suspected Nenecchi during the whole pudding thing, as they were suspecting that she was a spy the day before, but whatever.
I've given up trying to evaluate what characters do in these sorts of shows based on my own own real-life sensibilities. I just presume that they operate in a different social setting. That, and...

Akio-kun said:
I can finally confirm that males do not exist any where in the office.
...yeah, this is some sort of parallel universe lol, because this is one improbably female cast.
Avatar character is Gabriel from Gabriel DropOut.
Jun 2, 2022 8:14 AM

Feb 2020
I'm happy Nenecchi got more screen time. She is so adorable. :3

That pudding part was hilarious, but I felt sad for Nenecchi. I'm sure she was really sorry.

SerafosMay 16, 4:42 AM
Jul 7, 2022 5:40 PM

Feb 2020
Thank you nenecchi for reminding me why I usually don't watch CGDCT anime. Every second of screen time she gets is agonizing
Aug 16, 2022 1:01 AM

Jul 2019
I like Nenecchi! She's adorable! I get why some may be annoyed by her though.

I was a little annoyed by the fact that noone seems to assume that the "theft" was an honest mistake, but I ain't complaining because cute girls are cute girls.
Nov 29, 2022 12:45 AM

Oct 2022
I love all the girls in this show, they're all cute in their own way. And I love how each episode picks a couple of them to focus on at a time.
Jan 15, 2023 12:33 PM
otp haver ๐Ÿคช

Jul 2017
A Nenecchi centric episode. But WHY.

Her outfits are cute but her baby girl personality is not it. Maybe because I've been working since 16 so I don't have time for that nonsense!
Feb 11, 2023 10:26 AM

Aug 2020
Aoba childhood friend joining as debugger and getting into trouble was pretty funny. She could just have decided to spend her summer break slacking off, so I guess she is showing some maturity by going to work.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » New Game! Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Aug 29, 2016

121 by nekopoiapk »»
Jun 11, 10:59 PM

Poll: » New Game! Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Sep 19, 2016

233 by Delphantasist »»
May 3, 2:19 PM

Poll: » New Game! Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Aug 8, 2016

123 by Archean-Return »»
Apr 5, 9:19 PM

Poll: » New Game! Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jul 18, 2016

105 by Archean-Return »»
Apr 5, 6:41 PM

Poll: » New Game! Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Sep 12, 2016

118 by whitebeartigtig »»
Apr 5, 3:59 AM
Itโ€™s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.