Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Gleipnir
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
May 4, 2020 1:43 AM

Oct 2018
Already missing the high tension battle of eps 2. When we see the big guy with razor hand, i get really excited but the battle was kind of dissapointing. Its cool that they win using strategy, though.

It maybe interesting to see how the dynamic with the new guy, both he and suichi is a heavy hitter.

May 4, 2020 2:29 AM

Dec 2017
I've liked the story so far, but the pacing is off. It's way too fast to form any character development and give depth to the characters. I think its better if it took it time.
But that's probably because of the seasonal anime system, so maybe it can't be helped.
May 4, 2020 2:58 AM

Dec 2019
Seeing that the alien likes reading manga I wonder if that green guy's appearance was inspired by Ymir's Titan because they looked fairly similar
May 4, 2020 3:22 AM

Jan 2017
The fight itself was quite good, didn't expect him to be an ally in the end
May 4, 2020 4:15 AM

Jul 2016
FragmantLemon said:
The fight itself was quite good, didn't expect him to be an ally in the end

Yeah I was surprised by that as well. Will be interesting to see how this devlops.
May 4, 2020 6:59 AM

Feb 2020
5th episode of Gleipnir and so far the series keeps me hooked ...

More new characters in this episode and finally a little less ecchi (although I'm not complaining about the past).
Clair and Shuuichi understand each other better (at least each other's thoughts), so in summary, another good chapter.

Clair continues as always .. a beautiful mystery
May 4, 2020 12:12 PM

Oct 2018
This show just keeps getting better and better FUCK the haters.

May 4, 2020 4:22 PM

Aug 2018
I’m glad to see that Clair isn’t a complete psychomainiac, the plot thickens and they now have a friend.
May 4, 2020 5:03 PM
Nov 2014
How can someone write a character that is "I'm strong I want to fight strong guys"?
May 4, 2020 5:51 PM
Dec 2019
Bjorkcoco said:
How can someone write a character that is "I'm strong I want to fight strong guys"?

you must be new to anime
May 4, 2020 7:22 PM
Jan 2020
"Shuichi, you're a real man." I couldn't stop laughing.

As for Claire...I think most everyone understands now that she's not evil or a psycho.
May 4, 2020 11:42 PM

Jun 2013
This episode was okay. The next one will be better since they'll be introducing some new characters, some who happen to be my personal favorites.
臭い-
May 5, 2020 12:03 AM

Jul 2016
Well, it seems Shuuichi didn't really become more badass as I thought last episode. He acts a bit more confidently now tho.

Probably the weakest episode so far. It was still entertaining but I was expecting something more from Shuuichi and Claire's first confrontation in the forest. Sanbe's character is absurdly one-dimensional and though the fight against him was consistent enough, it was just too static for my taste. Besides... what's the deal with this dude's logic? Because I couldn't make sense of anything he said.

Anyways, at least I'm kinda glad he joined our protagonists' side. He seems quite strong and honestly, his monster form looks cool as hell. Not gonna lie there. Only hope his dynamic with the MCs don't become jarring.
May 5, 2020 2:32 AM

Nov 2011
The last couple of episodes have been good but this took all the bad of death matches and put in one place. They've conveniently created for themselves a death arena to carry out all their killings without interference from the public which is just lazy writing. The character i hate the most in these types of shows is the guy who ignores the objectives everyone is trying to achieve and just says they're there to test their ability, the episode was just full of so many death game cliches, none of which were done well at all.

Join the MSP Club for an in-depth look at score progressions and other stats of currently airing anime
May 5, 2020 3:07 AM

Mar 2008
I really like the soundtrack of this show. Not too often you hear things like psytrance in an anime as far as I've noticed before.

Interesting how if Shuuichi didn't speak up that Sanbe wouldn't have given up upon realizing Shuuichi would not kill him and Claire was willing to self sacrifice being that firing that gun could have killed her from the powerful recoil. So I assume the people he beat up or possibly killed were just generic "bad guys" though who knows what his idea of bad is.

This episode felt really short though.
May 5, 2020 3:42 AM

Jan 2011
Zee530 said:
The last couple of episodes have been good but this took all the bad of death matches and put in one place. They've conveniently created for themselves a death arena to carry out all their killings without interference from the public which is just lazy writing. The character i hate the most in these types of shows is the guy who ignores the objectives everyone is trying to achieve and just says they're there to test their ability, the episode was just full of so many death game cliches, none of which were done well at all.

actually there is no objective or game, the alien didn't force anyone to collect coins, also there are no penalties if you didn't collect, and there is no rule if you want to collect alone or not, even no problem if no one fight

people try to think about this as a game, but it's not a game, that why everyone does whatever he likes in this show
May 5, 2020 10:11 AM

Feb 2017
They got a strong and interesting ally. Hope he doesn't betray them for some reason in the future. His monster form is too cool.
Also I had a feeling that big head monster was just waiting to do something. Hopefully he stays dead.
May 5, 2020 1:40 PM

Aug 2018
i was thinking: ''if she shoots this massive cannon, it better brake her arms'' I'm willing to overlook Claire being able to take aim (given how much the thing must weigh) but i'm glad they didn't overlook the recoil.
Also; I too would much rather be a friend than an enemy of that guy!
I think I don't know wtf I'm doing. Maybe. Probably.

May 7, 2020 12:00 PM
Nov 2019
eso-JAR said:
btw how many episodes will be?

They're adapting two episodes per volume so 12 episodes should cover the six volumes that I've found translated into english.

The only incentive to find more coins is that the alien infers that 100 coins will grant you sufficient power to destroy the earth. The transformations/powers are granted once you put the first coin you found into the vending machine and drink the can it releases.

It appears you have to be very careful and specific for what you wish for or the alien will twist it in a "twilight zone" way....
penrhosMay 7, 2020 12:05 PM
May 7, 2020 6:34 PM

Oct 2008
oh nice! they've got an additional ally and a strong one!
5/5.

May 9, 2020 3:13 PM

May 2009
Glasses girl at the beginning of episode looked like Rule 63 of Shuichi.
May 10, 2020 8:41 AM

Jun 2015
Thats one might strong ally the team have pulled in. I liked how episode played out as well. Roll on next weeks!
To have you, Id give a billion lives A-Chan best girl
May 18, 2020 5:53 PM

May 2016
Things getting a bit more spicy with that guy.
May 25, 2020 5:20 AM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
The pace come a bit down here. Milking more slims Clair body as an advantages. As expected, no hold for the battle fierce. Since their power not so strong enough, they try to bring an ally? Damn, thats some nice black strong monster there. Sure this show now turn into some game hunt for coins only. Hm, might be a little boring to the battle scenery. Except the fact over founding some new monster character and new concept battle in the future, for the sake of the story development, this show not good enough.
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
May 25, 2020 1:03 PM

Oct 2013
Fine episode. Shuuichi and Clair gained an ally. A strong ally that wanted to kill them earlier, but now they are friendly with each other, lol.

This forest in the mountain looks like a huge battleground for a battle royale, and that situation looks really alike battle royale.
May 26, 2020 7:16 PM
Mar 2017
this episode confirms my suspitions that this is just going to turn into one of those "lots of characters being introduced and they just bash against each other" kind of battle anime that frankly I have 0 interest in. the first 2 episodes seemed to say the focus of the show was on the relationship between the two main characters, but that's obviously just turning into a B plot and the fighting is going to take the better chunk of the story. I'm probably dropping this
May 26, 2020 10:54 PM

Jan 2011
gustavomazu said:
this episode confirms my suspitions that this is just going to turn into one of those "lots of characters being introduced and they just bash against each other" kind of battle anime that frankly I have 0 interest in. the first 2 episodes seemed to say the focus of the show was on the relationship between the two main characters, but that's obviously just turning into a B plot and the fighting is going to take the better chunk of the story. I'm probably dropping this

as a manga reader, I can say your assumption is wrong, actually, in this manga, they focus on the characters relationship and mastery more than the fights, also the real plot start from episode 7

May 28, 2020 2:26 PM
Mar 2019
dark-chaos said:

as a manga reader, I can say your assumption is wrong, actually, in this manga, they focus on the characters relationship and mastery more than the fights, also the real plot start from episode 7

That's reassuring to hear, I am hesitant to drop this anime so soon because I do find some interesting qualities to the show, despite also having a few issues with it as well.

Not really a fan of the new character as has been mentioned few times in this forum. He is pretty generic in terms of his personality and goals. The pacing of the narrative has proven to be quite inconsistent, but I'm not about to drop the show due to two bad episodes in a row.

I'm not sure how much more I can get out of this show though. The benevolent protagonist, hesitant to kill even when facing death is a dumb and contrived concept I've never really enjoyed. The comparison between Shuichi and Shinji was widely accepted in the forums of the early episodes but I think it's pretty clear that Shuichi and characters of his elk fail to capture the raw human nature that is expressed so masterfully by Anno. The concept of self-pity works well in the context of EVA, especially with the relationship established between Shinji and his father in the first episode of the show. It feels forced in this narrative; at least when specifically talking about Shuichi.

I actually think Clair is a decently strong protagonist; her backstory which is established early, justifies her cold-shoulder approach to human interaction.
KidLeafMay 28, 2020 2:29 PM
Jun 1, 2020 12:11 PM

Jul 2019
Not as good as previous episodes but their new budo ally could teach Shuichi the way. The deathmatch forest is a pretty common thing but who knows? Maybe they can pull it off in an intersting way. In any case I am still hooked.
Jun 4, 2020 2:07 PM
🔥🔥🔥

Jan 2020
Y'know - I thought I would hate this show because people have been trashing it and it's not usually my kind of thing (It reminds me a lot of Mirai Nikki and I dropped that) but I'm actually enjoying it so far. I kinda liked this episode.

The alien coin thing is still a bit of a dumb premise but I'm along for the ride of them encountering the gatherers, fighting them etc. if the monster designs/powers are interesting. I'm more interested in finding out about that sister of Claire's and what's her deal because the biggest question mark for me is why would anyone be into Shuichi - he's so lame and scrawny.

🔥 🔥 🔥 . 阿良々木 暦, 傷 物 語 . 🔥 🔥 🔥
Build a man a fire and you'll warm him for a night
but set a man on fire and you'll warm him
for the rest of his life...
- H E N D Y -
Jun 9, 2020 2:25 AM

Oct 2008
CrossBlack said:
The problem is that there was no strategy being talked. Just some predictable and bullshit talking.

Okay, what would you have done?
Jul 3, 2020 2:15 PM

Dec 2018
Well I've accepted the fact that there will be more meaningless killing in the show. It is surprising to think that such young people in this show can be depicted as casual murders and serial killers. The fighter who joins their crew has an interesting ability though. I wonder if all of these gatherers are just testing the limits of their abilities. Very few of them seem prepared for the consequences though.
Jul 26, 2020 9:54 AM

Jul 2015
Ah a new teammate, Skullface knifehands and doggy are teaming up, must be the power of bones! Pretty nice to have a Sanbe on the team who is pretty damn strong and ain't afraid to kill some people but above all has a pretty sick monster form.

Jan 2, 2021 1:05 AM

Oct 2010
I expected more action but it was alright, green guy died like a loser, great tactic there to defeat the gatherer. Curious about the fight from the first scene. An ok episode and clair was again in her gorgeous underwear
Jan 29, 2021 5:21 PM

Aug 2017
I have Darwin's Game flashbacks in this episode. The new character is just dumb if u ask me and it looks like he was created for the sake of having a strong ally.
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Apr 9, 2021 7:31 PM

Nov 2010

Damn, this form looks badass! The guy who took this form must've been my anime version. lol

EDIT: I just finished the episode and damn, I thought this guy would just be a random enemy they'd kill within this episode. I'm so glad to see he's no push over and he's actually a cool guy obsessed with strength and has honor too. His transformation is the coolest I've seen in an anime in a long time. The last coolest transformation for me was Greed in Fullmetal Alchemist.
MizuhoKamuiApr 9, 2021 8:07 PM
Jul 25, 2021 2:21 AM
Jun 2013
I dont know if I would trust a dude like this even with the comedy bit. The one slice kill was pretty dam funny and I wonder what that white skull was painted with since the whole pervy thing we just saw.
Apr 30, 2022 10:47 AM

Apr 2013
Seems like they found a powerful new ally, but the big baddy will probably kill him soon.
Sep 29, 2022 7:21 AM

Aug 2014
I don't see any point on why she should take off her clothes. But of man, who am I to complain
Check My AnimeList (or click my signature)
My Main Genres: Adventure, Action, Fantasy
My Sub Genres: Slice of Life, Comedy, H&E

Check My Profile, my ranking
What I Watch This Season
Best Character & WAIFU This Season
Best OP/ED Song This Season
May 15, 2023 10:43 AM

Dec 2022
Ok. was kinda pissing me off how they took their time aiming at him while he's talking twice and playing around before killing him but I don't mind this either, him joining the gang now we got 2 badasses and 1 pussy.
Dec 4, 2023 7:08 AM

Nov 2023
That transformation damn! Also, there really are lots of others looking for coins
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Gleipnir Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

KANLen09 - Jun 28, 2020

196 by BiggKab »»
Apr 5, 3:51 AM

Poll: » Gleipnir Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jun 7, 2020

93 by sapphiron22 »»
Dec 11, 2023 11:15 PM

Poll: » Gleipnir Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

KANLen09 - Jun 21, 2020

142 by WELLERM »»
Dec 4, 2023 7:14 AM

Poll: » Gleipnir Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jun 14, 2020

90 by WELLERM »»
Dec 4, 2023 7:13 AM

Poll: » Gleipnir Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - May 31, 2020

73 by WELLERM »»
Dec 4, 2023 7:11 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.