Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Gleipnir
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Jun 28, 2020 8:24 AM

Jul 2017
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
The final episode...and with a "bang" as an anime-original.

The white-haired girl Aiko a.k.a Honoka begins her assault, with Elena. Is that right or wrong? And Yoshioka on her way to meet Elena with the 100 coins.

Whatever Shuichi's feeling, this endeavour cannot be stopped with Claire, and he promises to carry her burden together to the end. Back to his house, and the past memories of Elena doesn't stop infiltrating his mind (dang, that was a scary moment of losing his mind to almost rape Claire).

To Koyanagi's crew though, the release of their throat bands can only mean one thing: Yoshioka is getting closer to Elena whilst the others have a plan to corner her. However, to Elena's party, getting Shuichi back is their only priority to preserving lost memories and maintaining their secret...to the chagrin of Isao and the others. And Nana turning her crush to Shuichi on her back against Claire.

Yoshioka redeeming her 100 coins with Elena...however doesn't curry any favours once Shuichi's in the picture. The true face-off between Elena vs. Claire on who gets to be Shuichi's controller, bents back towards the days before he turns into a monster. But now, with a resolve from Shuichi, he knows who's the victor of his monster abilities. And Aiko turning up just mixes the twisted personality of Shuichi's even more, it ended up being Elena to seal off the memories from that day.

Just what happens over the days after...will forever be a mystery. To face off Shuichi's memory, this journey will continue in the manga.

What an over-dramatic finale. Not great, but surprisingly decent.

NOTE: What's with the random DDoS attack...
KANLen09Jun 28, 2020 8:44 AM
Jun 28, 2020 8:31 AM

Feb 2018
Giving up coins to Shuuichi, I thought that would be the end of them. At least give me a rape scene wtf. Shuuichi looks strange maybe the necklace is the cause, Have you never cleaned your own house? I love that hug. I think the last episode will have a rape scene with Claire, I'm disappointed. I think the last episode will have a rape scene with Claire, I'm disappointed.
Who is the Bitch? I like the kick in the pool. Amazing fight, Elena turns into a black shadow? Shuuichi's memory has returned, At least Elena did not die from a gun, xD. Closed by a trip to the mountain? Not bad either.

Pict 2
Jun 28, 2020 8:39 AM

Jan 2011
filler episode
you can start reading from chapter 36 for anyone interested

still fun episode but you need to forget everything in this episode if you plan to read the manga lol
dark-chaosJun 28, 2020 8:52 AM
Jun 28, 2020 8:41 AM

Nov 2011
This actually seemed like a very normal episode at first especially with Claire and Shuuichi getting along like close friends.

And then, Shuuichi just had to push her down before snapping out of it. But for what's worth, we still have the usual battles with Shuuichi in that creepy outfit against another monster. Meh, this was a pretty mediocre series' finale if you ask me. It felt like the story had more to tell and didn't even feel as thrilling as some of the others.

Definitely NOT a show I would recommend.
Jun 28, 2020 8:42 AM

Dec 2017
aside from having an awesome action scene, i have mixed feelings about this anime original episode
to be honest, the whole season left me bored and unamused. the first three episodes were its peak and now it's nothing but downfall. not sure if s2 would even help
Jun 28, 2020 8:47 AM

Feb 2018
dark-chaos said:
you start reading from chapter 36 for anyone interested
ayyee, thanks man. I'll add it to my list.
Jun 28, 2020 8:51 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
I really enjoyed the manga and I think the anime was good too but too much confusing and slow.
The pace of the manga is definitely better but it's still enjoyable to see the fights animated because they are much better in anime.
Jun 28, 2020 9:01 AM

Feb 2019
Clair when she walked into Shuuichi’s crib: “Damn bitch you live like this?”

Man, this final episode was fucking fire. That final fight had some amazing animation and choreography. Elena’s story is extremely sad. Having to take the heat and all the blame to protect those you love, really noble sacrifice.

I wonder what the story behind Shuuchi remembering his past and that black cloud is. I’d also like to know what exactly Honoka has become. So many questions, so few answers. Definitely aimed at getting you to read the manga, I’ll miss this show a lot. Glad to see the score improve too!
Jun 28, 2020 9:05 AM

Jan 2011
Marinate1016 said:
Clair when she walked into Shuuichi’s crib: “Damn bitch you live like this?”

Man, this final episode was fucking fire. That final fight had some amazing animation and choreography. Elena’s story is extremely sad. Having to take the heat and all the blame to protect those you love, really noble sacrifice.

I wonder what the story behind Shuuchi remembering his past and that black cloud is. I’d also like to know what exactly Honoka has become. So many questions, so few answers. Definitely aimed at getting you to read the manga, I’ll miss this show a lot. Glad to see the score improve too!

actually it's filler episode
Jun 28, 2020 9:11 AM
孔真・コウマコト

Jun 2017
Damn, what a tense first half that was! Chilling stuff over in Shuichi's house, the direction during the whole scene and the VA was right on the mark.

Definitely wasn't expecting all that right after the "flirting" by the riverside, that's for sure. Shuichi's demeanor has been pointing in this direction ever since the start but the wild jump here was quite startling, to say the least. No wonder the others picked up on this immediately.

Yoshiuka-san turning to Elena's side at the end was unsurprising considering the last few episodes but we still haven't gotten a clear-cut reasoning and that's a little irksome. I wonder how much of this eventful past and the current situation she really is up to date with.

Not really happy with the conclusion of the memory recalling bit, in all honesty, as well. Elena is clearly taking too much burden from this and here's to hoping things will ease out for the better for her in upcoming contents.

To be honest, it was kind of a strange note to end off with though, all things considered. No real sense of closure, moreover, but I suppose that is to be expected in the first place.

As for the whole show in general, the Story-line was shaky throughout but I'd my phases of entertainment (first 3 and last couple episodes) and a tad bit boredom (mid-phase). Character interactions was strange from the get-go but I kind of got into it over time, basically the good strange I suppose.

Music Department was pretty darn good, on the other hand, and the Animation Quality a real delight during its ups and fairly good during its lows. I've said this before but I'm still by how Touyama Nao-san totally nailed Claire.

As such, a solid 6/10 from me. Would definitely appreciate a 2nd Season but I'd be fine without it as well. Not exactly my cup of tea, after all.
_MushiRock11_Jun 28, 2020 10:05 AM
#Anime4Life be my Life Motto! #PrayForKyoAni

Jun 28, 2020 9:20 AM

Dec 2019
What did I just watch? This was a confusing finale, but that could just be me.

Overall I won't advise this anime, the pace was slow and none of the episodes after episode 2 are that good. This was a creative idea for a series but the execution ruined it.

»»Delievers Here««
★・・・・・・★

"Today might be the chance to grasp
the chance to let your talent bloom" -Tooru Oikawa

-Signature from Annie_Law

Jun 28, 2020 9:21 AM

Jan 2014
Jesus, that's a lot to taken in. What an ending.

So I'm guessing he's being protected from events that pretty much ruined his life, and so she basically blocked his memories so he could live a normal life? The poor guy.

Also feel sorry for Mifune, considering she can't really do much from not understanding whats going on, yet she fears so much for her friend. Poor gal.
Jun 28, 2020 9:25 AM

Feb 2017
Lots of info in this episode and somewhat strange finale.

This show won't be winning any awards and while it lost some of the momentum in its latter half, it still managed to be a really fun ride. Plenty of cool action scenes and main duo whose relationship is very fun to watch. I love Clair, I will miss her very much, so I hope there is a second season sometime in the future.
Jun 28, 2020 9:28 AM

Feb 2020
Hmm...
I don't know what to say...
The animation and BGM in this show are decent,
but the plot is unfortunate,so I give this 6/10...
Jun 28, 2020 9:31 AM

Nov 2016
Unsatisfiyng final episode, but I don't really mind. This anime was an entertaining time passer nonetheless.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Jun 28, 2020 9:32 AM

May 2011
I was worried about how they would end the show,so I was glad to see them make some major changes from the manga while leaving enough that you could go read the manga with no problems.

I really liked the final fight and the episode as a whole.
''I was dead serious''

Jun 28, 2020 9:36 AM

Jan 2013
Loved it !!! My only favorite anime of this awful 2020 year...

Disclaimer: I'm reading the manga so it makes enormous sense to me.
VoooJun 28, 2020 9:48 AM
Jun 28, 2020 9:36 AM

Oct 2017
More mysteries surrounding Elena and Shuuichi answered. So Elena sealed off Shuuichi's memory to protect him from that guy's power but I wonder why it doesn't affect Elena thou. Also damn he finally got his memories back only to get sealed them again by Elena lol.

The action scene was short but really great. Also damn that big guy is finally back, I wanted to see him more.

I'm glad Shuuichi cut connections with that group of whores. Kinda liked Yoshioka at the start but she was really annoying later. The lesbian girl was a bitch and same for the invisible bitch. The two surviving guys have op powers but both of them are useless af.

Really enjoyed this anime overall, all of the episodes were really good.
Jun 28, 2020 9:38 AM
Jan 2016
They put their most of budget to filler final episode, wow. But man, still, I did not like what they did.
Jun 28, 2020 9:41 AM

Jan 2019
I'm not sure how to feel about it. Really liked art style and animation, but everything else felt sub-par.
Jun 28, 2020 9:42 AM

Oct 2013
Far from perfect, but fun and engaging. 7/10
Jun 28, 2020 9:43 AM

May 2014
The "read the manga" ending wasn't particularly surprising. The main parts of the mystery were obvious enough, but you can't really decipher the details, so they were left to infodumping and late character introductions over the last few episodes.

Overall, the show was edgy for the sake of edge itself, and the characters made very poor tactical decisions sometimes. The side characters didn't get much characterization at all, and most of them lacked interesting motivation and dialogue. 3/10 overall.
Jun 28, 2020 9:48 AM
Jun 2019
Woah mind blowing battle with elena kinda suprise me that how that ends dis show but i give it a 7/10
Jun 28, 2020 9:52 AM

Aug 2013
Just when Shuuichi managed to regain his memories, it got sealed by Elena.
The best part of the episode was that fight scene with Elena.

Not really my type of show.

Jun 28, 2020 9:53 AM

Sep 2012
I love the fights in this show.
Season 2 when?
Jun 28, 2020 9:57 AM
Nov 2010
Rating is now 7.06. Yes, the rating as it should be :p

Hoping for a season 2. Even though this last episode is a filler episode, it still leaves a possibility for season 2.
Jun 28, 2020 10:06 AM

Jul 2012
So it was anime original. Didn't remember this stuff from manga, but to be fair didn't remember the stuff with the samurai guy, it has been so long.

Overall decent adaptation for decent manga. The animation definitely what surprised me, didn't expect this work to have such good quality.
Always thought that Claire is very sexy =/

7/10
Jun 28, 2020 10:07 AM
Jun 2020
Ending felt rush but what can you expect; odd choice to have shuuichi remember his past just to forget again that same episode but oh well at least the action scene was well animated.
Jun 28, 2020 10:22 AM

Jul 2017
ok that was a pretty darn good last ep tbh. Fight scene was nice and it was nice to see a lot of this tieing in.

Overall though, I thought the beginning and end parts were pretty good actually, but the middle part with the group was pretty trash tbh. One thing for sure though I did like how Shuuichi became more 'dark' as the series progressed (whereas Clair started being the opposite lol) and I think the story regarding the og group has some potential

Five Nights at Freddy's 6/10
Jun 28, 2020 10:23 AM
May 2020
This episode was an acceptable ending, there is a possibility of a second season, but the manga only has 54 chap and the anime adapted it until chapter 35 so we will have to wait 2 years :(
Kinder-Malo-20Jun 28, 2020 10:35 AM
Jun 28, 2020 10:30 AM

Jul 2017
2/10 overall

A show that started pretty average but kept me sort of interested in its visual flair as a solid distraction tool, but became an absolute slog to get through with its painfully stale and underwhelming, and tedious 2nd half. Won't give it a 1/10 or lower due to some decent enough production, infact more effort than I expected for a show like this.
Jun 28, 2020 10:32 AM
Mar 2015
I guess we will just have to read the anime to find out what happens after the end of the anime
Jun 28, 2020 10:51 AM

Feb 2020
Really good episode, even when is an "original" one.. Proper end for this good series. For me, is the bñack horse of the season.
I´ll miss ya Gleipnir!!
Jun 28, 2020 11:00 AM

Feb 2020
Tbh, I didn't like the last few episodes of this Anime.....
At first, it was going all great.....The First few episodes were very Interesting.....I was really excited to see the Past of Shuichi......But I was disappointed in the END.
I want to give it a 5/10......But I don't give rating below 6 unless the Anime is Trash or I have a personal Hate towards it....So......... 7/10

However, I Still hope that Season 2 (If there will be any) will make up for this Mess.......Looking forward to it.

dark-chaos said:
filler episode

still fun episode but you need to forget everything in this episode if you plan to read the manga lol

Do the Anime have a different Ending than Manga?
Jun 28, 2020 11:04 AM

Jan 2019
I don't think people give this show enough credit. It's not groundbreaking or anything but it is entertaining. Whether or not the "ecchi," scenes improve or hinder your watching experience is your decision I just ignore them all to be honest. Overall pretty good show, now I'm just debating on waiting for possible season 2/ova/movie announcement, or just reading the manga
Jun 28, 2020 11:09 AM
Apr 2019
i really hate the character development of shuichi... look i know he has grown but im talking about the outcome ...
i just hate it.. i dont know maybe if i read the manga it wouldve been a better experience
Jun 28, 2020 11:22 AM
Jun 2020
i hope there is a second season because we need to finish the story and this episode was i think ok as long we get realy a second season otherwise it sucks
Jun 28, 2020 11:22 AM

Jan 2016
Well, not a great anime but not a awful one imo. Maybe im gonna start the manga, any manga reader could tell me if i should read since chapter 1 or better the one where the anime ends?
Jun 28, 2020 11:26 AM
🔥🔥🔥

Jan 2020
Well. It's not a popular opinion but I really enjoyed this series. In fact, I would go as far as saying it's my AOTS if you don't include sequels.

I really didn't expect to. I really thought this series would be self-insert fantasy, furry suit fetish ecchi garbage nonsense but it ended up being really entertaining. It took me a little bit of time to get into it but once it picked up, it was pretty great - especially, the backstory episode. I actually really ended up liking Clair and Shuuichi's dynamic. Plus, the production value and animation were on point. I don't tend to watch a lot of these types of "edgy" shows so perhaps I'm just not as critical of them.

I'm a gay guy so ecchi does literally nothing for me but it also didn't bother me at all because it wasn't really played for laughs and kinda went with the vibe of the show, it was just there and pretty easy to ignore imo.

I'm glad the score was at least bumped up to 7.06 because I really don't think this anime deserves all the hate it's been getting. Is this a masterpiece? Not at all - but it was undeniably the series I looked forward to the most each week. Since a second season is unlikely, I reckon I'll pick up the manga.

Surprise of the season. Very entertaining. Solid 8/10
HendyJun 28, 2020 11:30 AM

🔥 🔥 🔥 . 阿良々木 暦, 傷 物 語 . 🔥 🔥 🔥
Build a man a fire and you'll warm him for a night
but set a man on fire and you'll warm him
for the rest of his life...
- H E N D Y -
Jun 28, 2020 11:36 AM

Dec 2015
dark-chaos said:
filler episode

eh? welp there goes my theory
FuseteamJun 28, 2020 11:43 AM

Jun 28, 2020 11:39 AM

Sep 2019
Vooo said:
Loved it !!! My only favorite anime of this awful 2020 year...

Disclaimer: I'm reading the manga so it makes enormous sense to me.

If you’re reading manga, shouldnt you be angry with anime? They even kill Ikeuchi, who will have important role in manga.
Jun 28, 2020 11:44 AM
May 2015
An interesting anime that's for certain.. I like Shuichi's character. His backstory and his relationships with the antagonists form the backbone of Gleipnir. So yes this is an anime exclusive episode.

8/10 thought I definitely understand why some won't like it. I was throughtly entertained. Hopefully the second season(if it gets one has better pacing) I feel like the backstory episode should've been at the beginning of the series
Jun 28, 2020 11:54 AM
Jun 2020
I’m kind of confuse about the fight against Elena. Were Shuichi and Claire starting to become one after he recover his memories? Because to me it looked that way.
Hopefully we can get a season 2
Jun 28, 2020 11:55 AM

May 2020
This anime was interesting to say the least, but overall it was quite uneventful with the main event and the "climax" of the story built for a second season. It ends with a basic cliffhanger last episode, which I gotta say enjoyed the (short) battle with Elena. I'll probably read the manga if there's not a 2nd Season. But I felt the 1st season was a bit slow paced and the first 3 and last 3 were the best while the middle run of the show wasn't enjoyable as the first and last ones.
Jun 28, 2020 11:55 AM

Jun 2017

Guess I'll read the manga... I probably won't be patient enough until the second season. (assuming we are getting it xD)
Jun 28, 2020 12:02 PM

Jul 2014
oh cmon, you classic one season anime-ending...hope that there will be second season lol, even though it seems hard to get since the overall score isnt that good
Jun 28, 2020 12:07 PM

Apr 2016
It was better than i expected. A great story. One of the best anime from spring season
Final score 8/10

Jun 28, 2020 12:08 PM

May 2018
Is it possible that Shuuichi's parents were dead either by his own hands or Elena's hands????

Geez, I wonder what's invisible girl's problem with Clair???

Ya know I really don't get as to why Elena has to keep Shuuichi from remembering Honoka????/
Jun 28, 2020 12:43 PM
Dec 2017
when Honoka entered Shuuichi's eye where my mind immediately jumped to was
Korega killer queen no daisan no bakudan BITES ZA DUSTO
Jun 28, 2020 12:46 PM

Dec 2015
It is interesting that the score improved a bit on MAL. Must mean there were a lot of people that didn't score it until the end ... countering the ones that already scored earlier.

Cause the ones that scored it earlier already should have lowered there scores (or at max kept it the same) - after it got worse towards the end.

I can say: I'm staying with 7/10.

Started as something that could have been 8-ish. Plot was 7-ish (with option to get more interesting) + a bonus for the sexiness of Clair and the Ecchi. Later it got less interesting though. The earlier fights feel pointless with the reveals that suddenly steered the story in another direction.

And then the sudden end ... which wasn't a real end. (Too bad it isn't further adapting the manga and took some original route. I guess a problem if the manga still isn't finished and for a 2nd cour maybe not enough material yet. So the just stop adapting here.)

So ... this is better than just stopping in between (without further adaptions). Still further adaptions + following the manga close to the end ... would have been better. (Even if it meant waiting.) I guess it was directly planned to make only 1 season as advertisement for the manga. (Happens too often sadly.)

6 for the plot (wich seemed 7 with option to get better towards 8 - at the beginning) + 1 bonus for Ecchi ... 7/10 in total.

Not reading the manga since I'm busy with other stuff. But this could be one on my list ... together with a few others. If it does end somewhat soon (not too endless) and gets good reviews until the end (unfortunately a lot start to fail at the end) I might read it. Waiting until it is finished.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Gleipnir Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jun 7, 2020

93 by sapphiron22 »»
Dec 11, 2023 11:15 PM

Poll: » Gleipnir Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

KANLen09 - Jun 21, 2020

142 by nanajp »»
Dec 4, 2023 7:14 AM

Poll: » Gleipnir Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jun 14, 2020

90 by nanajp »»
Dec 4, 2023 7:13 AM

Poll: » Gleipnir Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - May 31, 2020

73 by nanajp »»
Dec 4, 2023 7:11 AM

Poll: » Gleipnir Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - May 24, 2020

80 by nanajp »»
Dec 4, 2023 7:10 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.