Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Gleipnir
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
May 31, 2020 7:55 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
First half of this episode was pretty meh but it looks like Shuuichi and the group are on the move. Seems their enemies are anticipating them.

Some of them are pretty creepy if you ask me especially the dude with the centipedes. Kind felt bad for their leader tbh for getting violated like that. At least business picked up a lot this episode.
May 31, 2020 8:01 AM

Feb 2018
It seems like this will be a dangerous journey, finally the invisible girl shows her face. Enjoying watermelons by the river is fun, especially the watermelon has just been picked from the plants directly. I wonder how Ike eat a watermelon? I mean a telescope eats watermelons, I think I'm crazy, lol.

It seems like Chihiro has something to say but it's hard for her to say.

Although being helped by Ike's ability, it seems like the enemy is difficult to detect, in the end the enemy only lurks from the top of the hill. This will be a scorpion fight with Shuuichi.

Even though a barricade had been made from a tree, it seemed like this boss was hard to stop. I think that this boss looks a like the beast titan from Attack on Titan The next episode will be a difficult match for Shuuichi.

Yeah you're a big Boss

SyureriaJun 3, 2020 5:37 AM
May 31, 2020 8:03 AM

Jan 2011
they adapted 3 chapters, I guess next episode kaito will appear if they adapt 3 chapters again.
that's interesting the next 3 episodes will be so cool with a lot of twists, finally, the story will move to another level
May 31, 2020 8:16 AM

Nov 2010
Defeat again. The protagonists' weakness in physical may be a feature of the show.
May 31, 2020 8:28 AM

Jan 2011
kuroneko99 said:
Defeat again. The protagonists' weakness in physical may be a feature of the show.

actually his power depends on the user not him
May 31, 2020 9:04 AM

Feb 2019
Ah yes, the easiest way to make people hate a villian, make them rapey and touchy feely. Bug brain has no one to blame but himself for going off to face another squad alone. Didn’t expect Yota to be hiding that much strength though, damn.

The leader of the other squad seems to really care about his teammates so he’s not going to be very happy next episode that’s for sure.

Not much lore dropped this episode, but we know someone’s already collected 100 coins. Will be interesting to see who that is and how ridiculously strong they are.

Excited for next week’s ep.
May 31, 2020 9:15 AM

Feb 2018
kuroneko99 said:
Don't forget the Zero to Hero concept, xD.

Even though the MC is weak but he is very talented in attracting a women, xD.
May 31, 2020 9:16 AM

Nov 2018
The enemy was really difficult to detect even with the help of Ike's ability. His scouting ability lets him see a pretty far distance in any direction.

Even though it's probably already been talked about, Shuuichi's abilities are really interesting and unique because I don't think I've seen another anime where someone's power was completely based off of who was inside of him. By himself, he has a big physical weakness or if the person that goes inside of him is also weak.

Also, the centipedes are really creepy looking and this boss is going to be pretty difficult to beat. The centipede guy was violating the leader by groping her boobs. Someone has already gotten 100 coins so we'll have to see where that goes. It seems it will keep getting more interesting the longer their journey continues.

[font="\"Helvetica Neue\", Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif"]I'm level on MAL-Badges. View my badges.[/font]

[/center]
May 31, 2020 9:26 AM

Jul 2017
With the survival game ongoing, Koyanagi and her Gatherers tribe (plus Shuichi and Clare) begin the gruesome task of finding 100 coins.

Fighting Elena's team will just be instant death for the group, so careful precautions are taken. To think that lens man Ikeuchi is a key member to scouting their positions and such, he's the source of success for now. Isao did his best by being the food source though, this boy hasn't much appreciation. (Quite a change from the manga)

Chihiru definitely has an idea of WHO has already accomplished 100 coins, but that message has to be delayed for sometime soon (though manga readers will know who has it, and anime-onlys with a keen eye).

And not long before has danger stepped towards their door, so time for a game of strategy vs. strength and speed. Overwhelming enemies are the fear from the enemy though, and Youta just rammed it like his normal humanly self. Scum like those should be properly disposed like the scum they are.

The trouble's NOT OVER YET...the big boss of the same attacking group arrives to lay the dust down, and rather than going to Youta, to Shuichi and Claire instead???

What a frightening episode indeed, the gore brought to another level (as is usual with the rapey feeling).

KANLen09May 31, 2020 9:30 AM
May 31, 2020 9:34 AM

Jan 2014
Always gotta be creeps and weirdos and perverts rolled into one within these shows jfc.

Interesting to see how they fight against this next week.
May 31, 2020 9:56 AM

Mar 2019
Yota's power is just getting stronger, goodenough
The boos looks very strong and seems to have killed lots of people before but he's still intrigued about Shuichi
May 31, 2020 10:05 AM
Mar 2020
I like how both groups are jaxtoposed against each other: Sayaki's group are just a bunch of freaks, at best, while that guy's band consist of real monsters. Our group is united by desire not just to collect coins but also to keep them from the hands of the wrong people; that guy keeps others at his side by mostly fear and i'm pretty sure they turn on each other first chance they get.

It also goes down to the individual characters - centipede and Yota are perfect examples. Both are quite horny but while Yota at worst is annoying, centipede on the other hand is a rape monster, literally.

It would be very interesting to see how Sayaki's group will dispose the other one. If at all. Hopefully, Elena won't jump in to save the day cause that would be anticlimatic.
May 31, 2020 10:18 AM

Oct 2017
Wow that was fast, they just started their little adventure and they already found a final boss level villain lol. Also Yota's power looks cool.
May 31, 2020 10:50 AM

Apr 2015
They finally run into those creeps, that centipede guy was pretty darn creepy and as expecting the groping was included. I mean what else do you need to do with so many hands :P

Things are gonna get interesting next week!
May 31, 2020 10:53 AM

Jun 2017
Welp how are they gonna weasel out of this one lol. The ape seems to have ridiculous strength and hardness.

Too bad the rape centipede was not offed.
May 31, 2020 11:06 AM
Apr 2018
LOL, the YURI leader got barely violated. Really had some good laughs :)

06:10 CLAIRE's reaction was priceless :)
These were some special moments for me.

We got to see KING KONG ; you never want to face him (guy) as an enemy.
Doutei-kunMay 31, 2020 11:25 AM
May 31, 2020 11:26 AM
Nov 2019
Why the monkey went to claire? Or maybe shuishi.
Any manga reader can spoil a bit??
May 31, 2020 11:36 AM

Jul 2014
And I thought Elena's group was dangerous, which it is, but holy crap these crazy motherfuckers! God dammit I hate rapey villains.

The nipples were raised a few levels in this episode.

Yota is actually very strong, nice. Shame he's shit for the leader of the bad guys. And I have to wonder, how are they going to get out of this? They're pretty screwed up and I don't see Shuichi and Clair putting up a decent fight against him. Will we see the transformationwith Chihiro again or will Sanbe miraculously appear to save them? Damn, this looks bad.

What I can see is that camera guy is going to do something that is going to end up killing someone, it's typical and I hope it doesn't happen.
May 31, 2020 11:47 AM
Jan 2017
I like Gleipnir, I think it's not getting enough attention, but I feel that, after 9 episodes, Gleipnir has become a bit stale and repetitive. That said, it's still enjoyable.
May 31, 2020 12:23 PM

Apr 2020
I don't know... I feel the coins explanation and all this hunting lack something. Also, that group is so useless. Two fighters? Really? And why the invisible girl wears something to expose her? This show had some quality until the episode that first monster girl died.
Imagine how boring this world would be without Japan - a comment at youtube
May 31, 2020 12:24 PM

Jul 2015
not gonna lie.. the lesbian woman getting pinched gave me a boner.. i'm a horrible person i know..
Also.. the Debut of the pretty boy as a beast was somewhat underwhelming imo..
I was hoping for something like last episode.. that tense fight..
May 31, 2020 12:37 PM

May 2018
So, within Lesbo Girl's gang only Yota is the strongest, the rest were just a bunch of experts in..........running away..........
May 31, 2020 12:58 PM

Aug 2018
Everyone wants to fuck......... claire lol
May 31, 2020 1:09 PM

Nov 2017
I feel like the animation is slowly decreasing. At least this episode was..
Other than that enjoyed it like usual!

plz @ me
May 31, 2020 1:56 PM

May 2018
024 said:
I feel like the animation is slowly decreasing. At least this episode was..

No it's not, I haven't noticed anything
May 31, 2020 2:24 PM

Jul 2017
I like how that gorilla thing was literally about to crush that dude and everyone but yota were literally just starring at him nothing else lol

also is lez leader gonna be just used for fanservice lel at least she has her romantic interest with invisi girl

but yeah I think others noticed it but the animation is kinda starting to slack a bit
May 31, 2020 2:32 PM
Mar 2020
Okay, i got hooked to this show so hard that i jumped and read all of the manga right after today episode.

Can't wait until it all get animated!
May 31, 2020 2:40 PM

Nov 2016
For a second I thought Yota was really strong, but nevermind, just a jobber in the end xD Can't blame him, tho, he's doing well enough in contrast to his teammates.

That other leader seems like an interesting guy. Now is the question whether he genuinely cares about his comrades or if he's just playing his part damn convincingly.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

May 31, 2020 4:39 PM
Jan 2016
This episode's OSTs were wonderful man...
May 31, 2020 4:42 PM

Aug 2018
This new team doesn’t seem have nice people in it. Lol

And carrying around a decomposing head is just icing on the cake.
May 31, 2020 5:08 PM

Feb 2020
Good music boring ep and boring fight the typical for a fighting show follows the archetype well I guess Also the fanservice/ ecchi is fuckin weird... how many episodes is this show supposed to have

May 31, 2020 5:16 PM

Mar 2010
This anime keeps impressing me on every episode. The bgm had some sick beats and the fan service was top notch. Loved how tense everything was.. shit has hit the fan with that gorilla boss.

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
May 31, 2020 7:36 PM

Aug 2019
The team is on the move and damn that gorilla boss but i'm pretty annoyed that it ended with a cliff hanger and we have to wait next week to see what happens. But overall i love this episode and the anime as well.
Jun 1, 2020 12:36 AM

Dec 2015
Really liked the OST in the last scene, the animation is still great idk what're the above two comments talking about.
I really like this anime and planning to read the manga later but i think the pace is slow, It's annoying watching this weekly lol.
Jun 1, 2020 2:30 AM
Apr 2020
WTF?! Yota is OP, but that Boss is more powerful!!!

Ao_SkyJun 1, 2020 2:41 AM
Jun 1, 2020 3:29 AM

Jan 2011
Tsukumo_Yuuma said:
Really liked the OST in the last scene, the animation is still great idk what're the above two comments talking about.
I really like this anime and planning to read the manga later but i think the pace is slow, It's annoying watching this weekly lol.

the pace too fast they adapting 3 chapters per episode, you feel slow because you still can't connect all events happening at the current stage
Jun 1, 2020 4:46 AM

Nov 2015
this episode was meh but i actually enjoyed the osts, and yota is actually strong, i suspected that tbh

Jun 1, 2020 4:47 AM

Jul 2016
Thorckan said:
Yota's power is just getting stronger, goodenough
The boos looks very strong and seems to have killed lots of people before but he's still intrigued about Shuichi

Yota not bad ass enough for this guy.
Jun 1, 2020 6:33 AM

Feb 2011
Both OST and lewdness of characters popped off this episode
Jun 1, 2020 7:50 AM

May 2012
Another great episode

Looks like next episode will have a big fight !!!
Jun 1, 2020 8:58 AM

Jan 2020
I feel like this how keeps failing to deliver each week. Everything is just so lackluster, like they put little effort into the show. Its just so bland. But whatever, no drop rule so I've got to finish it.
Jun 1, 2020 5:01 PM

Apr 2020
WOaH Yota is kinda badass

Being kind slow as of now but apparently the next few episodes are gonna be epic and full of twists from what i saw so im pretty hyped!

Cant wait for next weeks episode
Jun 1, 2020 6:06 PM

Mar 2016
I’m I the only one that despises the music in this series?
Jun 2, 2020 12:31 AM

Jul 2016
When the molester gets molested... guess I should feel sorry for masked girl but I'm pretty sure she has done the same to other women so ┑( ̄Д  ̄)┍

And also, here I was expecting some badass transformation from Yota and he only ended up taking his shirt off lol.

Average episode overall. Not as interesting as the last one but the story needs to move forward somehow and Claire's group running into another group of rapey weirdos would eventually happen so here we are. Confrontation with centipede monster wasn't that important aside from having Yota shirtless receiving bits of characterization and the weird fanservice regarding sexual harassment this series so much likes to use. OST was pretty cool tho.

So someone already collected 100 coins, uh? Guess that's the first step for an upcoming plot twist so I look forward to it.
Now I wonder how our protagonists will manage to get rid of that creepy gorilla-like monster. Will Sanbe make a badass comeback to help his new friends? We'll see but as for now, I only hope Kawaii Yeti doesn't die.
SouthRzVaJun 2, 2020 12:35 AM
Jun 2, 2020 6:49 AM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
The Ikemen reveal his power. But not enough to take down that gorilla. A cliffhanger make this episode feel great. Need more transformation from Shuichi. But, whatever, then...
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
Jun 2, 2020 8:25 AM

Feb 2020
Quite the action here with beautiful osts. That leader is sorta insane, huh? Ripping out his tooth and handing it to his underling like a freaking souvenir. I'm excited as to how this fight will evolve further. OwO

tysm iva-🐢💜

Jun 2, 2020 10:24 AM

Feb 2018
This episode gave me the thrilling and excitement I was waiting for. Electronic music was really spot on with volume adjustment. Problem is the balance between power levels of new characters and the old ones. I remembered the last season of nanatsu no taizai, which power level thing was absolutely mess to me. I hope they will find a good solution before it's too late.
Jun 2, 2020 11:51 AM

Mar 2017
Not gonna lie; after all the build up and mystery about Yota's ability that was extremely underwhelming. He can punch strong... great but it's really not that powerful as we saw when he punched the gorilla.

Even though we're on ep.9 I'm actually still torn about this anime; sometimes the episodes are incredible and hint at some great potential and then there are some eps that are just so lacklustre like this episode.
Jun 2, 2020 11:55 AM
Apr 2018
This show is the definiton of mid.
Jun 2, 2020 12:20 PM

Jul 2019
katie_potaty said:
Not gonna lie; after all the build up and mystery about Yota's ability that was extremely underwhelming. He can punch strong... great but it's really not that powerful as we saw when he punched the gorilla.

Even though we're on ep.9 I'm actually still torn about this anime; sometimes the episodes are incredible and hint at some great potential and then there are some eps that are just so lacklustre like this episode.

Yeah, hopefully there is something else to his ability. Like injustice fueling his strength or something.The whole power hierarchy in this show is weird and the only lesson to take from it is too dream big? The whole crew is looking worse with every minute. At least Claire has always considered them to be just a meatshield and source of information.

Very weak episode. However, I expect the king of trash zo make things a little bit more fun again.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Gleipnir Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

KANLen09 - Jun 28, 2020

196 by BiggKab »»
Apr 5, 3:51 AM

Poll: » Gleipnir Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jun 7, 2020

93 by sapphiron22 »»
Dec 11, 2023 11:15 PM

Poll: » Gleipnir Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

KANLen09 - Jun 21, 2020

142 by WELLERM »»
Dec 4, 2023 7:14 AM

Poll: » Gleipnir Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jun 14, 2020

90 by WELLERM »»
Dec 4, 2023 7:13 AM

Poll: » Gleipnir Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - May 24, 2020

80 by WELLERM »»
Dec 4, 2023 7:10 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.