Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Somari and the Guardian of the Forest
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Mar 19, 2020 8:25 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
I'm so glad to see Somali all smiles again after the heavy episode from the previous one. Even Golem joined in the fun with making the snowman.

Looks like there's more exploring. I love the little bit of small talk between Somali and the main cast. I had a bad feeling the moment that lizard creature showed up with the dark truths of their world. Human hunts in this series still exists and it's not a pleasant sight to see. Looks like Golem is about unleash something next time? Holy shit the cliffhanger.
Stark700Mar 19, 2020 9:27 AM
Mar 19, 2020 9:34 AM

Feb 2019
Yay it’s Thursday. That means more Somali and Nekopara to warm my soul

First half was so freaking cute and adorable to watch. The second half with Somali’s capture was so hard to watch. Seeing somali scream out for her dad :(

With only one episode and one arm left, I don’t see Golem making it out of this alive. I’m really not ready to be as broken as I know this will leave us. Seriously fuck those kidnappers for speeding this whole process up
Mar 19, 2020 9:34 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Wonderful episode but I feel so bad for Somali she must be traumatized... and Golem is gonna berserk now
Mar 19, 2020 9:49 AM

Aug 2013
The first half of the episode was heartwarming. With snows, there's snowball fighting. Even Golem to part in it. lol at that huge snowball Golem lifted up.

Golem is a berserker now.

Mar 19, 2020 10:01 AM
Sep 2015
Yabashira is alive! I know he's a good person... good orc. That's all I care about.
Mar 19, 2020 10:01 AM

Aug 2012
Shits about to hit the fan.
Mar 19, 2020 10:04 AM
May 2018
Probably someone will be chop in next episode but that ain't Somali guys
Mar 19, 2020 10:06 AM

Mar 2017
That cute and warm first half tried to trick but now my eyes are leaking and it won't stop. Even though Somali was in so much danger, still all she cared about was Golem being hurt. Poor little Shizuno... he tried so hard to protect Somali too.

It's so heartbreaking watching this anime. I understand why the yokai hate humans, but I also see why humans hate them in return. Both sides have lost a lot and been deeply hurt by the other but it just takes one big act of kindness and bravery for the cycle to stop.

I can't believe that next week is the last episode of the season! I'm very confident that we'll get another season though because this anime has been popular in Japan AND the West.
Mar 19, 2020 10:20 AM
Dec 2017
kater_tot said:

I can't believe that next week is the last episode of the season! I'm very confident that we'll get another season though because this anime has been popular in Japan AND the West.

Not enough source material.
Mar 19, 2020 10:47 AM

Jan 2014
Fuck em up Golem.

It's sad, cause it paints it out as a certain group of humans cause the rest of humans to perish in such a way. But of course, Somali is different. She is a treasure that appreciates all. Hope more will see it some day.
Mar 19, 2020 11:39 AM

Mar 2015
It's hard to stand for humans on this serie.
Mar 19, 2020 12:11 PM
May 2018
MFQXE330 said:

Keep in mind you hear ONLY rumors from other species about humans. It isn't nessesary true.
Mar 19, 2020 12:23 PM
Shingster

Jun 2015
Hmm thats quite the unique armour that golem picked out. It was cute seeing both Golem and Somali give each other gifts. The snowball fight though sure was amusing especially so when Golem got involved. So the tip that the owners wife sent out was picked out by the human hunters huh. Its admirable seeing Shizuno and Yabashira stand up and decide to protect Somali despite the danger involved. Though thanks to the wife this was mute. Though misplaced the hatred that the wife had towards humans certainly was a result of the humans base nature once again. The song while haunting summed up humanity's core values of showing prejudice towards things different to them really well. Looks like golem was forced to go all out to rescue Somali from the hunters. Though the cost to his body sure will be high. Can't wait to see how this will end next week.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 19, 2020 1:02 PM

Oct 2018
Oh shit, Golem is going all out with the berserk mode. Can't imagine what will happen in the next episode... I expect it to be dark and really sad too. I gotta prepare myself
-Aincrad-Mar 19, 2020 1:07 PM
Mar 19, 2020 1:22 PM
May 2019
Please please, be it so that only his exterior gets broken, and then he becomes like haraiso, only the black thing. Please, golem-sama.
Mar 19, 2020 1:28 PM
Oct 2016
Wow that episode had an equal mix of making me sad and pissing me off. The beginning was pretty sweet with all of them playing in the snow having fun. Somali giving Golem the bracelet and him giving one to her too. Talking about what they'll do next after leaving. But I knew it was all calm before the storm so I was tearing up a good bit. Their peace wasn't meant to last in that place. As we moved towards the part with them running through the old mine things got more and more tense. Knowing that Rosa had tricked them while they had no idea had me on edge the whole time then especially once even more hunters showed up.

She of course tried to shift blame off herself and the hunters. Saying that everything humans had done should be put on Somali, absolutely ridiculous. I don't give a damn about her sap story. Of course tragedy the humans misunderstood the grotesque but that has nothing to do with this little girl!! Shizuno tried to even tell them that but the bastards and bitch wouldn't have it. got super pumped seinf Golem go into his rage mode. thought for a second the episode would end with Somali being taken away but luckily Golem has something left for these pieces of shit.
Mar 19, 2020 2:31 PM

Apr 2015
Jesus, those seconds when golen passed out and Somali was being taken were HARD AS FUCK to watch...

Mar 19, 2020 2:52 PM
Nov 2017
MFQXE330 said:

Both humans and other races/creatures/monsters are guilty, I don't get this human self-loathing I see in forums.

Only 1 episode left and I feel there's not going to be a 2nd season anytime soon, not enough source material.
Mar 19, 2020 3:44 PM

Nov 2013
RickSuarez said:
MFQXE330 said:

Both humans and other races/creatures/monsters are guilty, I don't get this human self-loathing I see in forums.

Only 1 episode left and I feel there's not going to be a 2nd season anytime soon, not enough source material.
I don't get it either (human-hate part on forums). Monsters treat humans with way more hatred, not allowing them to exist even remotely! Even if we're ok with exaggerated cruelty and fanaticism shown from human-side, no way can i side with monsters who're ready to slice a little innocent child, and to eat her! WTF? It only makes me want to massacre monsters - but then again, not all the monsters are bad! Somali story is great with that - Telling us how hatred, fear, racism can make EVERYONE into a monster...

P.S Golem has activated his "you done F-ed up now mate!" mode!
Mar 19, 2020 5:03 PM

Aug 2018
The calm before the storm. Next episode is going to be really sad. The start of the episode was so peaceful. Golem-kun really lacks taste in his dress selection. Somali made a wonderful band but never expected Golem-kun to buy one. That song aunt rosa sung had a good impact on me.
Then shit took 180 degrees turn. Now that Golem-kun is in rage mode hope he survives through this one. I dont wanna get heartbroken from the last episode. Golem must make sure he gives those filthy heads a good damn lesson.
Mar 19, 2020 5:28 PM

Apr 2012
Holy fuuuucccckkkk!!!
No not Somali!
Let's all pray to our lord MAPLE to grant Somali the ultimate protection she deserves. In Maple we trust... amen
Janethan23Mar 19, 2020 5:35 PM
"Manga readers are annoying, all they do is complain or spoil the anime we discuss in an anime forum.
They should really do their whining at manga forums.

USERS ON MY IGNORED LIST:
RayReynolds - SSL443 - Dr4kon - Nerdanimefan1992 - ToTheMountains - Fiveskies
To add users to the Ignore list: (1) Go to Account settings (2) Click Forum tab and toggle down (3) Type or paste user name on entry box (4) Click Add and you're done.
Problem solved, you'll never have to see someone trolling ever again because their post will be closed/collapsed.
Mar 19, 2020 5:37 PM

Jun 2016
Janethan23 said:
Holy fuuuucccckkkk!!!
No not Somali!
Let's all pray for our lord to grant Somali the ultimate protection she deserves. In Maple we trust... amen

It would be fun to see Maple-chan coming in Mecha mode to help Somali, she's like her Onee-chan. XD
Mar 19, 2020 5:57 PM

Aug 2018
Huuuum the taste of betrayal... blood will be spilled all over the mine for sure.

Though it really looked like it was Golem's last efforts, it then seems very unlikely that he'll recover from his "destruction mode".
Mar 19, 2020 6:36 PM

Mar 2016
That's what you get when you mess with a good man's precious daughter!
Mar 19, 2020 7:21 PM

Feb 2015
Great action, emotional time and lovely visuals encapsulate what this series is all about. I had so many emotions and a reminder how worthless pieces of shit are all humans.
"Miharu denki desu"
Mar 19, 2020 7:30 PM
Mar 2015
There really are monsters in this world
Mar 19, 2020 8:39 PM

Oct 2017
Wow the golem transformed and it looks cool tbh.
Mar 19, 2020 10:17 PM

Mar 2016
Golem went full rage mode, and I don't like it. Sure he'll kick some ass but also will decrease his time 'alive'. Shizuno was right, that smile is something worth of protect, I don't know how the original story goes but I see him and Yabashira taking care of Somali. And bring the mopp lads, because I don't think a box of tissues will do for the next episode.
No tomo malas decisiones, solo me gusta apoyar causas perdidas.
Disfruté Mayoiga, Ou-sama Game, Evil or Live, Mirai Nikki, Big Order, Arifureta, Ex-Arm, Tesla Note, Shuumatsu no Harem y Platinum End
nope les falle con esa, lo siento pero todos tenemos nuestros límites.
Así de jodido es mi gusto en anime, ¡Y estoy pinche orgulloso de ello!

Mar 19, 2020 11:05 PM

Jul 2016
Oh, thank God Yabashira is okay and nobody died. Not sure if I can say the same for those bastards who took Somali away from Golem tho.

Anyways, I expect great carnage for next episode so I hope nobody stops Golem-san before he accomplish it.
Mar 20, 2020 1:50 AM

Oct 2019
Wonderful episode, golem gonna kick some monster ass.
dunno me baka aho

Mar 20, 2020 2:15 AM
Jan 2019
In this Anime, Golem probably the strongest organism, probably can beat that Dragon on the witch arc EASYly. Not gonna look for the manga, i'll wait for next week to see some "blood splling" monsters.
Mar 20, 2020 2:49 AM

Mar 2015
RickSuarez said:
MFQXE330 said:

Nah, humans are overly dumb here.
Mar 20, 2020 2:54 AM

Apr 2015
Holy shit that cliffhanger was insane!! Golem is going berserk next week!! I am looking forward to it, but I think I won't be ready for the ending!!
Mar 20, 2020 3:46 AM

Jul 2017
The lizard aunt Rosa's actions just disgusts me to no end, but you can't blame her if their creature senses are that strong to sense Somali being human, and sending hunters to hunt her down is sin, while common in the crime-ravaged city.

With Yabashira and Golem Dad defending the young ones (Shizuno and Somali) from danger, things are as it seems going well. Glad that Golem Dad accepts her present in exchange, both don on their friendship bands.

The first part about the young ones playing in snow is very hearty though and with the adults joining in it makes for very happy moments. But this time don't last long...as Yabashira was slow to notice Somali's human nature and with the escape being inevitable, he ends up being a decoy to buy the rest time to escape safely.

This episode's theme: doing anything to protect the smiles of one. Even if Golem Dad has to use his powers as sacrifice upon his crumbling lifespan, ANYTHING is worth it. But in the face of kindness, Auntie Rosa and her own brethren took the fall, EACH AND EVERYTIME. Looks like the misunderstandings between creatures and humans, the seriousness took off from this ordeal into the war that ravaged the creatures superior than the humans that we saw from the beginning of the series.

Golem Dad wants to fight them, but his body crumbles more...and turns into an even more grotesque Golem. The spirit to fight took his body form to another level to kick some badass at the expense of its own life.

More than protecting the smiles of Somali, I'm even less prepared for the finale next week. Let this show end on a good note!
KANLen09Mar 20, 2020 4:02 AM
Mar 20, 2020 5:16 AM

Feb 2014
This episode has two sides that were performed rather brilliantly.

The first half was relaxing and heartwarming. Both Somali and Golem gave each other the bracelets which made for a happy scene. Then Shizuno insisted on having a snowball fight which was very fun to watch. Golem's snowball was overpowered, though. XD

However, the main talking point was the second half of the episode, where the intense drama kicked into overdrive. Yabashira went solo to the exit of the tunnel route that Golem, Shizuno and Somali took. While Yabashira's on his own, Rosa's plan went into motion without fail.

The story she told to Somali was sad, with the helpful monster who saved the human child from the pack of wolves got shot in the face when he returned to child to the parent's house. With his natural face looking like a scowl from the human father's point of view, I can't blame him for panicking and reaching out for the shotgun.

This is just another case of humasn and the monsters being as nasty and as bad as each other. Humans might be called "dumb" here in this case, but the monsters' spiteful revenge on nearly wiping out the human's existence for food have made things worse, not better. That much can't be denied whatsoever.

Golem's body is falling apart and with Shizuno injured, Somali was captured and as she was about to be put on the chopping table, Golem went into berserk mode. What a way to end the episode on that point. >.<

The final episode will be a tough watch, I'm guessing. Blood will most likely be splattered all over the mine and I think the emotions will be very high. I hope I'm ready for what might happen next...
Mar 20, 2020 6:04 AM

Jun 2012
I was only just anxious during the first half of this episode knowing that it's only the calm before a crazy snowy storm. And damn it was such a gruelling episode all throughout.
Mar 20, 2020 7:08 AM

Dec 2016
Sondfer said:
kater_tot said:

but manga is still publishing chapters? So maybe in 202(1/2) there will be next season?
Manga recommendation:
- Spy x Family (Ch.96/? - biweekly) | Sakamoto Days (Ch.163/? - weekly)
- MARRIAGETOXIN (Ch.85/? - weekly) | Mama Yuuyu (Ch.29 - Finished)
- Make the Exorcist Fall in Love (Ch.63/? - biweekly)
- You and I Are Polar Opposites (Ch.52/? - biweekly)
Anime recommendation:
- Deca-Dence (Finished) | Wave, Listen to Me! (Finished)
- If My Favorite Pop Idol Made It to the Budokan, I Would Die (Finished)
- Diary of Our Days at the Breakwater (Finished)
Mar 20, 2020 8:27 AM
Ero Ojisan

Jun 2019
Aunt Rosa's story was really sad because it was a simple misunderstanding and the song she sang was really disturbing. In the the humans were the real monsters who started the cycle of violence out of fear and the monsters responded by driving the humans towards extinction to ensure their survival.
Mar 20, 2020 8:51 AM
Dec 2017
Nieznajomy43 said:
Sondfer said:

but manga is still publishing chapters? So maybe in 202(1/2) there will be next season?

First chapter was published in 2015, and anime adapted almost everything thats already came out. So it will be either anime-original story, or we'll have to wait another 5 years (or more).
Mar 20, 2020 9:25 AM
孔真・コウマコト

Jun 2017
Oh fudge, I'm not ready for what's to come next. Clearly, the chances of Golem-kun seeing through this alive and continuing this journey is bleak at best...

Man, that first half had some glorious moments too! Golem-kun struggling with clothing choices and the gift exchange, damn it!

Yikes, that was some dark backstory and eerie song though. But no, that doesn't excuse this behavior, I'm afraid.
#Anime4Life be my Life Motto! #PrayForKyoAni

Mar 20, 2020 9:37 AM

Jun 2010
Next episode gonna be sad as fuck
Mar 20, 2020 9:49 AM
Apr 2018
Are we gonna cry next episode? Cause I kinda want to.
Mar 20, 2020 10:38 AM

Jun 2019
Sadness and Sorrow
Mar 20, 2020 1:03 PM

Apr 2012
I guess the last episode is where Golem kun makes the ultimate fatherly move and sacrifices himself to save Somali. I'd prepare some tissues but the damn general public bought all of them in a panic.
"Manga readers are annoying, all they do is complain or spoil the anime we discuss in an anime forum.
They should really do their whining at manga forums.

USERS ON MY IGNORED LIST:
RayReynolds - SSL443 - Dr4kon - Nerdanimefan1992 - ToTheMountains - Fiveskies
To add users to the Ignore list: (1) Go to Account settings (2) Click Forum tab and toggle down (3) Type or paste user name on entry box (4) Click Add and you're done.
Problem solved, you'll never have to see someone trolling ever again because their post will be closed/collapsed.
Mar 20, 2020 2:23 PM

Sep 2008
Next episode's gonna be a depressing one. Granted, this was built up to since earlier episodes revealed Golem was close to the end of his life span. But seems he's using up his remaining life to play protector in the next episode.
Mar 20, 2020 3:51 PM

Nov 2013
holy fuck, i think the last anime that made me cry a little was angel beats (like 3 years ago?), and the end of this episode left me close enough... i'm not ready for the rest lol

after reading other comments, golem is half dead already, specially after this transformation, how can we get a second season? dafuq?
(unless... the rest of the story is after golem's death or ...maybe he survives thanks to some magic...)
fav "new" girls from winter <3 (2 extra girls this time, but 36 seasonals so whatever) ... click sig for older seasons and more possible picks
Mar 20, 2020 8:08 PM

Mar 2013
god i hope no one dies ;-; especially the golem since he seems to be in the last stage.
Mar 20, 2020 8:34 PM

Jul 2012
Ah god i regret having watched this episode already instead of waiting for the last to come out so much >.<

Really not seeing a way Golem's going to come out of this alive, unless some miracle happens, his body's completly crumbling appart :/

I don't think I'm ready for the end... I don't think I've ever felt the need to protect a child character in any anime as much as I want to protect Somali.. really understand what Shizuno meant when he said he wanted to protect her smile...
"In the past few months since we met, I've shared many memories with Nagato. Though I've also shared memories with Haruhi, Asahina-san and Koizumi, I found that I've experienced more events with Nagato in particular. In fact, every situation seems to involve her. I might as well mention this, she's probably the only person to cause the bell within me to shake the most vigorously..." ~ Kyon, TMOSH
Mar 20, 2020 10:59 PM
Jan 2020
This episode was such a Roller Coaster! The Beginning made me so happy! Seeing the Dad build snowmen with Somali... and then some dark stuff happened... and then we watch as Somali Gets terrified no Traumatized... While Her father begins to die in front of her! I cried
10/10 episode
Mar 20, 2020 11:00 PM
Jan 2020
-Panda_Hero- said:
Ah god i regret having watched this episode already instead of waiting for the last to come out so much >.<

Really not seeing a way Golem's going to come out of this alive, unless some miracle happens, his body's completly crumbling appart :/

I don't think I'm ready for the end... I don't think I've ever felt the need to protect a child character in any anime as much as I want to protect Somali.. really understand what Shizuno meant when he said he wanted to protect her smile...

I 100% feel the same way
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Somali to Mori no Kamisama Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Feb 6, 2020

67 by Anarcxh »»
Mar 2, 8:00 AM

Poll: » Somali to Mori no Kamisama Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 26, 2020

145 by ShitList »»
Jan 26, 4:22 PM

Poll: » Somali to Mori no Kamisama Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 12, 2020

68 by phantom346 »»
Dec 30, 2023 6:15 AM

Poll: » Somali to Mori no Kamisama Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Feb 13, 2020

115 by Muow »»
Dec 28, 2023 4:38 AM

Poll: » Somali to Mori no Kamisama Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

kuuderes_shadow - Oct 25, 2019

205 by Muow »»
Dec 26, 2023 6:36 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.