Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
In/Spectre
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »
Jan 28, 2020 4:13 AM

Nov 2015
I don't like the last scene of the opening , the mc is leaving , normally these scenes spoils that the MC is leaving , either dies or just moves away or at the very least rejects her.
Jan 28, 2020 5:25 AM
Aug 2018
MahiaErebeaNegi said:
Mikenshi said:
Can't wait to see her showing her real power

Since when did this show ever stated Kotoko grained some "awesome" powers from becoming a God of Wisdom?

You will be disappointed if you seriously believe she have some kind of epic powers or fighting skills lol.

Yeah, the only power she received was the wisdom of a god. It’s Kuro who does the action for her
Jan 28, 2020 5:27 AM
Aug 2018
Ahri-is-cute said:
I don't like the last scene of the opening , the mc is leaving , normally these scenes spoils that the MC is leaving , either dies or just moves away or at the very least rejects her.

Um, Kuro can’t die. He is an immortal after eating the mermaid flesh. Also, he never rejected her, their relationship is wonky but it doesn’t stop, rather their relationship keeps going at a very slow pace
Jan 28, 2020 5:53 AM

Jan 2014
Rytakahashi09 said:
I still don't understand why would somebody disgusted by a boyfriend who can heal himself instantly and make that a reason to break up a relationship.

Yeah that was stupid... Instead of trying to accept him she just ran away. Though she did admit it at the end and faced the monster.

Anyways best episode so far.
Jan 28, 2020 7:27 AM

Nov 2015
ZKisara said:
Ahri-is-cute said:

Um, Kuro can’t die. He is an immortal after eating the mermaid flesh. Also, he never rejected her, their relationship is wonky but it doesn’t stop, rather their relationship keeps going at a very slow pace

For now , we don't know later , and like I said , it doesn't have to be death , can be simply leaving , moving to another city or rejecting at the end or something like that
Jan 28, 2020 11:52 AM

Nov 2014
I was a bit bothered that she knew all those details when talking to the serpent. It turns out it was mostly just a bluff lol.

That 2nd part was nice. Tho I assume deflowering part was just a joke - from what I read here Kuro still didn't accept her, and she didn't hve much chances with anyone else cosidering her unusual lifestyle and being in love with him since she was 15.
I really hoped he will also appear in that scene. I wanted to see that triangle.

The best thing about this episode (or 2nd half to be precise) was that it still felt pretty light. A lot of comedy, not overly dramatized memory parts and quick end to the more tense scene that was fight.

Kotoko confirmed top tier waifu!
JustAnotherShiroJan 28, 2020 11:55 AM
Jan 28, 2020 2:27 PM
Aug 2018
Ahri-is-cute said:
ZKisara said:

For now , we don't know later , and like I said , it doesn't have to be death , can be simply leaving , moving to another city or rejecting at the end or something like that

Relax
I can assure you that he never left her if that is what you’re worried about
Jan 28, 2020 2:44 PM

Jan 2019
Rytakahashi09 said:
I still don't understand why would somebody disgusted by a boyfriend who can heal himself instantly and make that a reason to break up a relationship.

Its not really about him being able to heal himself. Its because she realized that the "monsters" viewed him as a "monster". Thats when she realized what her boyfriend really was.
Jan 28, 2020 3:01 PM

Jun 2012
Ahhh will they really skip 2 years?! I wanted to see how their relationship developed... that part is always interesting. Any manga reader knows if the story will backtrack and focus on that?
Jan 28, 2020 5:23 PM

Dec 2018
what? the cute girl receiving unjustified violence instead of the MC boy?
that distant era of Index and all those trash novels with aggressive tsunderes have died 😆
Jan 29, 2020 12:08 AM

Jul 2017
The weird age gap romance didn't completely both me, because it seemed one-sided, but I think it's kinda gross that they carried on with it anyway. Hot take: Kurou isn't good enough for either Kotoko OR Saki, he's a pretty boring male lead tbh. His only interesting quality is the ability that scares off yokai, and even that isn't explored properly so far (though I hope it will be later on). People calling him the MC... they sure have an unique way of reading the story, I guess.

Otherwise, I'm very glad Kotoko and Saki were able to interact. They have a fun Sherlock/Watson dynamic, so I hope Saki isn't written out after this arc.
Jan 29, 2020 1:30 AM

Jul 2016
Fede_5000 said:
that distant era of Index and all those trash novels with aggressive tsunderes have died 😆

What does Index and other LNs has something to do with this anime?
MahiaErebeaNegiJan 29, 2020 3:39 AM
Jan 29, 2020 5:04 AM
Aug 2018
minniemoon said:
The weird age gap romance didn't completely both me, because it seemed one-sided, but I think it's kinda gross that they carried on with it anyway. Hot take: Kurou isn't good enough for either Kotoko OR Saki, he's a pretty boring male lead tbh. His only interesting quality is the ability that scares off yokai, and even that isn't explored properly so far (though I hope it will be later on). People calling him the MC... they sure have an unique way of reading the story, I guess.

Otherwise, I'm very glad Kotoko and Saki were able to interact. They have a fun Sherlock/Watson dynamic, so I hope Saki isn't written out after this arc.

Actually Kuro is the Mc. One of them because Kotoko is the other one. It’s right on his bio and as a reader I can tell you he does have an important role but that is for the next episodes to decide :)
Jan 29, 2020 5:51 AM

Oct 2015
Not a bad show. Very Interesting.

Latest Blog: BLARE FEST 2023
Latest Review: Hyouka

Jan 29, 2020 7:29 AM

Dec 2018
Fede_5000 said:

that several years ago there was the tendency to make this type of anime. Nowadays, few such are seen, the most recent was Val x love
Jan 29, 2020 12:18 PM

Jul 2017
ZKisara said:
minniemoon said:

Actually Kuro is the Mc. One of them because Kotoko is the other one. It’s right on his bio and as a reader I can tell you he does have an important role but that is for the next episodes to decide :)

I would still say he's the deutoragonist at best, Kotoko clearly has more screen time and narrative focus, at least in the anime. Kurou simply serves as a love interest and plot device for now. But it's good to hear that he'll have more development later on! I actually don't hate him as an individual character, I just think he's kind of boring at the moment since his personality hasn't fully been explored.
Jan 29, 2020 6:13 PM

Mar 2016
Ex gf got a def upgrade with that new hairstyle! Im crushing so fucking hard now!

Also not a big fan of timeskips, I hope the jump works out but Im hesitant.

Also, (not worse than getting deflowered), makes me wonder how bad this guy is in bed. Foreplay can do wonders, my friend.
Jan 29, 2020 9:27 PM
Aug 2018
Wallanimx said:
Ex gf got a def upgrade with that new hairstyle! Im crushing so fucking hard now!

Also not a big fan of timeskips, I hope the jump works out but Im hesitant.

Also, (not worse than getting deflowered), makes me wonder how bad this guy is in bed. Foreplay can do wonders, my friend.

A lot of people been talking about the time skip. Relax, it was originally in the manga so you guys can stop worrying about missing anything important because the time skip never changed anything.
Also. Please don’t take Kotoko’s lewd jokes to seriously. I can confirm to you guys that she was definitely not deflowered and that they never had any sexual activities. The only sexual thing is the fact that Kotoko loves making lewd jokes so expect more in the future.
Though people may question on whether they are actually in an active relationship. At first it’s rocky but it soon develop... only at a very slow pace. Read the manga for more detail is you like. It’s very good and I hope people will take their time reading it because just like the anime, it’s heavy with dialogue.
Anyways that’s all. Just wanna promote the series more because it’s quite underrated despite being at 3rd place in this season.
Jan 30, 2020 7:52 AM

Jul 2017
So if I take this the correct way, the Guardian Serpent story is meant as a breather to understand the story and the setting in place for the 2-year gap for a start, which is where we landed right in Chapter 15 (which was weird, but case in point, if considering the time gap). I'd thought it was strange to start with such a story, but it ended up forming the basis for the 2nd half of the episode, which dives back to Chapter 2. SO IT WASN'T FOR NOTHING.

The only minor gripe that the story from Episode 2 should've ended then and there, but I'd guess that for such a heavy dialogue series as this, nothing could be afforded to be left out, and this'd be for the best.

Getting into policewoman and Kuro's ex-girlfriend Saki, and the yokai rumors on Steel Lady Nanase was a treat though. Because she coudn't see eye-to-eye with Kuro having manifested yokai when he was young, their complicated relationship ended, and just like that, she also is manifested into the yokai world, with more fear creeping in.

When Saki found Kotoko perchance, along with Steel Lady Nanase, she thought that it's her chance to resolve her fear, but looks like Kotoko has the upper hand again. But believe me, the short banter between both girls are funny, especially when it comes to Kuro.

ysphyr said:
Also Kotoko's precious face seconds before getting whooped
Great image!
Jan 30, 2020 6:31 PM
May 2018
I was a bit put off at first when she just flatly said it was all a lie... but then I remembered that the serpent didn't originally request the truth, but rather just an explanation it would be satisfied with. Interesting choice by the author.

I'm really curious about their relationship, especially after the time-skip. We miss out on the entire first two years they're together, so I have no idea if or how far they've progressed. I wish I knew whether or not Kotoko was being truthful to Saki or just teasing her with that off-hand remark.
Jan 30, 2020 6:41 PM

Mar 2012
Pretty strong start it's interesting.
I really don't like kotoko tho she is pretty annoying.
Jan 30, 2020 10:27 PM
Mar 2014
Its refreshing to see such beautiful character design and not the typical anime character design (not saying I don't like them) also Kotoko's a sweetheart. Shes kawai, soft spoken (jpn actrs) and really funny. Episode 3 was more entertaining then the others though, specifically the last few minutes I couldn't help but remind a few times
Feb 1, 2020 12:36 AM

Nov 2017
This is more like it. Time for a fight with the ex-girlfriend. Protect your lover!

Her eminent loliness. *Bows
Feb 1, 2020 2:00 AM

Apr 2015
In certain ways a warped version of Hanako-san this season.

And almost as cute

Fede_5000 said:

that several years ago there was the tendency to make this type of anime. Nowadays, few such are seen, the most recent was Val x love

The most recent one is currently airing lol, Hatena Illusion.
Feb 1, 2020 3:53 PM

Feb 2018
Rip oppai idol xD.
Feb 1, 2020 4:18 PM

Mar 2009
Return to form. Much better than the previous episode.
Feb 1, 2020 10:05 PM
Mar 2017
Kotoko managed to close the case of the corpse in the lake and now the giant snake was more satisfied with his doubt, but now we move forward two years later where a new ghost appears and this is extremely aggressive and sensual.

At last we know Saki better, although with the timeskip we now learn that she is a police officer, but the most important thing is that we finally know why Saki broke up with Kuro, it seems that she was frightened by the fact that Kuro heals himself and this left her traumatized.
Somehow, Saki gets involved in the strange case of "the steel lady Nanase" and for her bad luck she ends up in a fight between the steel lady and Kotoko, the first conversation was so much fun, since Kotoko is still quite bold and his jokes are somewhat risque.
Saki faces Nanase's ghost but it is useless since she could not hit her, but it is Kotoko who rescues Saki in time.

After a brief talk, Saki introduces herself and Kotoko's face was priceless and then she also introduces herself and also clarifies that she is Kuro's girlfriend, which in response was a hard punch by Saki, I swear I couldn't stop laughing with Kotoko's face before she got that punch, poor little Kotoko, her lovely little face.

Taking the subject a bit apart, I admit that Saki with short hair looks more feminine and attractive, a difficult opponent for the adorable Kotoko.
About the timeskip I already expected it, I read the manga a while ago, in fact I did not finish reading the arc of the steel lady Nanase, but the point is that in the manga there was also a two-year timeskip, but personally I think it would be better to hear things from the mouth of Kotoko or Kuro, although I am sure that they will have two different points of view.

I look forward to seeing the next episode, as how they explore what happened with Nanase and why she ended up becoming this violent ghost.
salbery755Feb 1, 2020 10:08 PM
Feb 2, 2020 4:33 AM

Dec 2018
Lanz said:

And almost as cute

Fede_5000 said:

and they will never have the same fame again, people don't want them anymore
Feb 2, 2020 6:13 AM

Apr 2012
I won’t say that I blame Saki for their parting or that I ship them together ... but came on, she left the guy she wanted to get married because Kappa called him a monster? And he had a regeneration?

At the same time, Kotoko with every new episode seems to me an increasingly sympathetic character. She is cute without all this moe crap and her playful behavior doesn't seem artificial.
Feb 2, 2020 10:38 PM

Jul 2008
I don't know if I buy that explanation of the swamp murder...I felt it wasn't wrapped up at all.

Then random time skip out of nowhere....and Saki is back.

This is getting awkward and hilarious at the same time.
Feb 3, 2020 6:09 AM

May 2009
minniemoon said:
The weird age gap romance

Two years isn't big enough to call it weird age gap.
Fede_5000 said:
Lanz said:

And almost as cute

and they will never have the same fame again, people don't want them anymore

Those two aren't bad because female leads are tsundere but because they are boring, bland and (at least first one is) filled with QUALITY.
Feb 3, 2020 3:18 PM

Jul 2017

bastek66 said:

Two years isn't big enough to call it weird age gap.

It's five years- she's 17 at the start of the anime, he's 22. The time skip is two years, where they're both 19 and 24, respectively. I read on the wiki that he only began dating her when she was 18 due to her "persistence". Kind gives me those "but SHE came onto ME, officer!" vibes, but I am glad that the source material at least clarified that it's less sketchy than it might appear at first glance.

In my opinion, a two year age gap doesn't bother me too much, and I do wish they would've made him a little younger. Granted, I haven't seen episode four yet to see if his maturity as a mid-twenties guy really factors in, but I feel like the story would've worked just as fine if she was 17 and he was 19. He still would be in college, and would still have a reason not to date her at first.
Feb 4, 2020 8:54 PM

Sep 2018
The ex is fine but I hate love triangle in romance, please I hope there's no Kuro and ex moment.. I don't want to see that!
Feb 8, 2020 8:13 AM

Jan 2018
G-Pele23 said:
Kotoko babbling about her one sided crush. Such a childish behaviour. She is at that age so i don't blame her.

People who expect some great romantic development between Kotoko and Kurou will be disappointed.

Rytakahashi09 said:

They belong to two different worlds. Their relationship wouldn’t last. Saki made the right decision.
G-Pele23 said:
Kotoko babbling about her one sided crush. Such a childish behaviour. She is at that age so i don't blame her.

People who expect some great romantic development between Kotoko and Kurou will be disappointed.

Rytakahashi09 said:

They belong to two different worlds. Their relationship wouldn’t last. Saki made the right decision.

Why you post SPOILERS bruh???
Feb 9, 2020 2:48 AM
Dec 2018
So she just pulled all those theories out of her ass? How does she know all that? To hell with Akram's Razor, she instead jump straight to the most convoluted explanation for why the woman dumped the body and somehow she's right? Am I missing something here, does she have some kind of power that allows her to see evidence and details or something, cuz the explanation about the fetus came straight out of her ass.
Feb 9, 2020 2:50 AM
Dec 2018
Also, I was really hoping that they would give a better reason why his girlfriend dump him, like at least make him turned into some kind of grotesque monster or make him pose some kind of threat to her or something. But nope, it's just cuz some kappa ran away from him and she saw him regenerate some cuts. Boo hoo. They've been together for YEARS and were freaking engaged but that's ALL it took for her to break everything down. Ugh. Retarded.
Feb 12, 2020 10:24 AM

Aug 2017
Kotoko made a good deduction in the swamp case. Wow, the time skip felt a little sudden.

Pretty good episode.

All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Feb 20, 2020 5:54 PM

Oct 2018
I thought it would be r rated like AoT..
“You can always die. It's living that takes real courage." - Himura Kenshin”

Feb 25, 2020 2:07 AM

Jul 2009
Time skip felt a bit sudden, though a good episode otherwise. The interaction between Saki and Kotoko was highly amusing. I'm a sucker for love triangles, so the squabble between the two only piques my interest even more.

Feb 27, 2020 4:08 PM

Jul 2013
Damn, I wonder if the thing about the dead baby was true. Watching "When They Cry" and "Hell Girl" messed me up. We're never going to find out, though.

The "deflowered" joke caught me off-guard, and I didn't really like it, tbh.

I don't blame Saki for breaking up with Kuro: he's a yokai or something, and she's a human. He ate a mermaid. How do you reveal that to your fiancee and expect her to be cool with it? He basically has to be with someone like Kotoko, someone who's in on the yokai / spirit / ghost world.
Mar 6, 2020 4:08 AM

Oct 2012
G-Pele23 said:

Mod Edit: Added spoiler tags; please hide plot details.

uhhh you clearly never saw inuyasha or anime where a human and a no human can end up together.

it just happens this plot wants to separate love of human and non human pairings

but making the right choice? nope shes just a coward and judgemental human. being
Mar 6, 2020 4:09 AM

Oct 2012
just finished the ep. so does motoko Blanton say her and kuro had sex or is she joking future eps.
Apr 8, 2020 3:56 PM

Apr 2016
Sheesh there was a shit ton of dialogue this episode. The second episode was like this too. What's really funny though is that this anime started off by giving us a totally different impression, an impression of a shounen, but then it does a 180 and dives straight into something else completely.

Lol a reunion between the ex and Kotoko
May 4, 2020 8:18 AM

Jul 2015
Damn...those are big boobs erm I mean funny end scene haha

Can't believe Kotoko has actually done the deed.

May 10, 2020 1:13 AM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
Seems funny with the meeting Kotoko and Saki, depending how weird their first met in the past, and how both of them get to love same people. I gonna love this series, besiding how weird their transition between every animation. I even feel like, this as a SoL rather a full series, idk. So after a dissapointed time skip at 2 years, the unexpected meeting, and now weird Yokai with huge oppai, what else can be great about this show?
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
Oct 14, 2020 11:22 AM

Oct 2010
that ghost sure has a big rack.
funny meeting between the ex and kotoko, such a big change from a tall slender police woman to a cute lolita fashion petite girl.
decent episode
Jan 23, 2021 8:47 PM
Oct 2019
Lost most of my interest. I feel like we're just being talked to at this point. Like watching some puppet show that doesn't really draw you in.

I didn't realize that cop was Saki at first, though learning who she was didn't make me enjoy the scene/episode anymore. The only good part of the episode was the final 3 seconds when Saki punched Wisdom girl. But I don't feel like that was worthwhile enough to continue watching this show.
Feb 4, 2021 6:57 PM
Jan 2016
Im not a fan of a sudden two year time skip, skipping them actually start dating, how their team works, and skipping what seams like important scenes so they can "mention" it later on..who thought this was a good idea?
Jun 3, 2021 11:11 AM
May 2020
saki getting vexed that she lost the bag cah shes a pussio
Aug 11, 2022 10:11 AM

Aug 2018
I mean, if there would be a lot of reports of the close looking person, be it spirit or not.. I in the place of police at least would suspect that maybe some very dedicated fan of the idol began doing some shit around.. Or maybe someone who decided to use death of the idol in his own favor..
Face from memes at 22:10.. ;P
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kyokou Suiri Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Mar 28, 2020

155 by Hayley2877 »»
Apr 10, 12:04 PM

Poll: » Kyokou Suiri Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Feb 29, 2020

70 by Hayley2877 »»
Apr 10, 11:46 AM

Poll: » Kyokou Suiri Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Feb 22, 2020

66 by Hayley2877 »»
Apr 10, 11:28 AM

Poll: » Kyokou Suiri Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Feb 15, 2020

88 by Hayley2877 »»
Apr 10, 9:26 AM

Poll: » Kyokou Suiri Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Feb 8, 2020

110 by Hayley2877 »»
Apr 6, 5:00 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.