Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Vinland Saga
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »
Oct 7, 2019 3:26 PM

Aug 2015
A great opening..very catchy. It was nice to see the background information. Canute finally spoke. Wonder if the next episode will be more violent.
Oct 7, 2019 4:26 PM

Mar 2017
New theme songs. I like the ending better.

Really liked Thorfinn and Canute's interaction.
Oct 7, 2019 8:26 PM

Sep 2017
Awesome new OP and ED. This was a really interesting episode. We're finally getting to know a bit about Askeladd. Idk if I can take his "I hate Danes" line as completely true given the situation. Certainly he might hate his father (Dane) because of what he did to his mother (Welsh). I wonder if that was all it took. Perhaps part of him does hate the violent viking life style the Danes are known for. I don't think he feels very highly of the king anyway.
Oct 7, 2019 11:34 PM

Feb 2019
mohrip said:
operationvalkyri said:
Ah Askeladd's actions start to make some sense now. He's motivated by revenge just like Thorfinn. No wonder he likes the poor kid.

Instead of doing revenge, Askeladd wanted to save Wales. He already foreshadowing it when everyone wanted ships, but Askeladd said "this is a small country, 3 ships means a lot for them".

Superns18 said:
Canute best girl

also who the fuck rated this a 1 out of 5 lol

Shut up! Thorkell is definitely best waifu of the season. Canute can't defeat him.

Mod Edit: Merged duplicated posts; please use the edit button.

lmaooo, it's a close call
Oct 7, 2019 11:40 PM
Jul 2019
This new op is way better than the first one and the ed is very good as well, Askellad by far the best AND most interesnting character.
Oct 8, 2019 2:36 AM
Feb 2009
sweet new opening and ending ans we finally get to hea the princess talk lol good job Thofinn
Oct 8, 2019 4:31 AM

Mar 2019
Man with a mission with another great OP song. Good episode as well.
Oct 8, 2019 5:29 AM

Jul 2016
Lizard1970 said:
This new op is way better than the first one and the ed is very good as well, Askellad by far the best AND most interesnting character.

I like the original way more
Oct 8, 2019 8:29 AM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
Finally we get Askeladd's big reveal. It was a bit downplayed, but probably for the best. He's such a little schemer.

The new ED is fantastic. I love how well they're adapting this and putting care into all aspects of it.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Oct 8, 2019 3:50 PM
Apr 2016
i feel like the quality increased a lot in this episode, especially at the beginning

i love the new op ! the first one was good but it felt a bit out of the place
Oct 8, 2019 7:45 PM
Jan 2016
I posted the op and ed of episode 13, if anyone wants to enjoy the songs then please visit.

OP
https://youtu.be/F0ouT_RU32I

ED
https://youtu.be/Vs52AIMx5eU
Oct 8, 2019 8:47 PM
Feb 2015
dc22 said:
The new OP is dogshit, even screamo was better.

They have "scream".
Here 4 minutes full ver :

https://youtu.be/MRHVdo15vzU
Oct 9, 2019 6:16 AM
Aug 2019
I feel like Bjorn is about something. He feel fooled by askeladd after seeing him talk with the wealsh people and know them well without knowing about a thing even after the decades of fighting togther and the way he looked at that member who said "I 'll follow askeladd if he keeps making me earn more and I dont give a shit about where's he from" was terrifying he always been the cold person but he definitely changed now.

and I really like the wealsh genral and his voice actor.
Oct 9, 2019 11:18 AM
Jan 2019
The new OP and the ED are great, although I liked the song from the previous OP better.
It was an episode full of surprises about Askeladd's blood, incredible that he is the last descendant of Artorius. Askeladd is full of secrets, his father must have been a true bastard so that Askeladd will come to hate the Danes.
It was also funny and a bit impressive to hear Prince Canute talk to Thorfinn, hahaha.
Oct 9, 2019 2:45 PM
Jun 2016
Thorfinn trolling the f^^^ out of "princess" Canute was my favorite part of this episode. Askeladd may be somewhat being honest about his past/lineage but I doubt he really hates his followers, especially Bjorn. I don't think he particularly loves them either. He is the quintessential egocentric in he loves only himself and all he does is to secure his future, whether its glory in battle or political intrigue. I love the new OO and ED but I am going to miss the first ones.
Oct 9, 2019 2:59 PM

Jan 2013
Askeladd's character got extra points for this development. Bjorn suspects something about him too. It's gonna lead to something fatal I'm sure
Oct 9, 2019 9:48 PM

Dec 2015
"Like rowing boat,
we enter the future backwards.
All we see are the scenes the past,
and no one cannot see the views of tomorrow."

Someone seriously needs to check their grammar, holy shit. There should be at least ONE person in Japan who speaks English, right?
Oct 10, 2019 4:53 AM

Jul 2014
Yeah man with a mission
Really askeladd best charac for me but i love canute
"Everyone fails sometimes
But dreams won't fade, dreams won't fade
Let's chase them as many times as it takes and don't lose
Because today after all is today and once you wake up, it'll be a new morning"

~Aqours~
Oct 10, 2019 12:48 PM

Nov 2018
Hylianticipated said:
"Like rowing boat,

Someone seriously needs to check their grammar, holy shit. There should be at least ONE person in Japan who speaks English, right?

"Like rowing bodt
We enter the future backwards
All we see are the scenes the past
And no one cannot see the views of tomorrow"

Thats supposed to be ancient english....someone seriously need to check history.
Oct 11, 2019 4:38 AM

Jun 2013
I loved that line by Askeladd, "I hate the Danes." Even though he himself, is half Dane, he holds a strong hatred for them. It was one of my favorite moments in the manga too. You see a side of him that he kept from his own men. He was more handsome than Thorfinn when he was younger. Definitely love his design even as an older man, he's one of the better-looking ones. I'm being biased because he's one of my favorites.

Anyways, I saw Canute's blushing face meme'd on Twitter a couple of times. I saw a lot of fujoshis shipping them just because they had a semi-argument. The miniscule condition to ship any two male characters together, according to most fujoshis.

They will delve deeper into Askeladd's past. There is so much they need to cover about his past.
臭い-
Oct 11, 2019 8:25 AM

May 2016
Not into the new OP and the ed is kinda meh...

Some info about Askeladd has been revealed which piqued my interest.
Oct 11, 2019 11:54 AM

Feb 2017
I like the new OP and ED. Just wish the ED visuals weren't basically an AMV made from the first cour with filter over it.
Nice episode, but it felt kinda stiff and static which I feel lessened the impact of stuff happening in it.
Oct 11, 2019 11:57 AM
Nov 2017
Loved the episode and the opening had some very interesting scenes along with a nice song as well as the ending song.
Canute finally talked though wow he's cute lol

I don't like admitting it but I'm starting to like Askeladds' character xD
Oct 12, 2019 12:51 AM

Dec 2015
Tougen said:
Hylianticipated said:
"Like rowing boat,

"Like rowing bodt
We enter the future backwards
All we see are the scenes the past
And no one cannot see the views of tomorrow"

Thats supposed to be ancient english....someone seriously need to check history.

Lol no it's not. Ancient English is nothing like this. Ancient/old English looks barely anything like modern English. This is just shitty grammar. Stop trying to sound smart when you don't know what you're talking about.
Oct 13, 2019 1:07 AM

Apr 2017
Normally I don't think much of Thornfinn but the way his interaction with princess is portrayed, I find his personality in the moment of the conversation kinda hot. Ngl, I can already see ppl shipping him with princess in a yaoi paring though. Though, tbf in lieu of repercussions, I would've told the prince how pathetic he's acting too if I were sitting next to him in that wagon. His shit was pretty much "I can't do anything for my people without daddy's approval!" <--might as well have said "I'm just a puppet who can't do shit." XD
There's no inherent right or wrong in this universe, but when we think with emotions rather than logic, we make things so.
Oct 13, 2019 2:31 AM

Jan 2016
nice ED, tho the OP isn't good... Didn't expect for Canute to start rambling all of a sudden, that was a cool moment.
Oct 13, 2019 6:46 AM
May 2016
That new OP is such a total fucking banger, I've been listening to it on repeat for a good while now. God bless Man With A Mission.
Oct 13, 2019 8:28 AM

May 2015
Meh..kanute is such a pussy.
"The future is always blank. Only your willpower can leave footsteps there."

"Ruling over death means ruling over life. Death is the climax of life. To have the best death, you must honor life."
Oct 14, 2019 8:52 AM

Jul 2008
Lelouch0202 said:
I'm a little confused about the whole European history. I'm not very familiar with it, what exactly did Britannia as a country comprise of? Was it essentially United Kingdom as it stands today? Did the countries of England, Wales and Scotland exist pre-Britannia or post? Who exactly is Artorius and are the Welsh people in this show descendants of the Romans who once ruled?

Basically, modern England and Wales have been part of the Roman Empire. But when the Huns came and the German tribes started assaulting the Roman Empire, Rome ordered its British armies to come back home. But many stayed behind, some out of honor, some for politics, and others because they had their families there. Though Celtic before arrival of Romans, the people in Roman Britain were now Romano-British, a mix of Roman and Celtic culture.

The Germanic tribes of Northern Germany and Denmark saw an opportunity in the fact that Roman Britain was no longer well defended. Many Juts, Angles, and Saxons decided to invade the now vulnerable Roman Britain and conquer it. And they succeed, and what is now modern England became the land of Anglo-Saxons (Juts are tiny so they are usually not mentioned), while the Romano-British were only left with what is now known as Wales. Later on, the Anglo-Saxon Kingdoms would unite into Kingdom of England (which basically means "Kingdom of the Angles").

Around 500 years later, in times of Vinland Saga, Anglo-Saxon England is a battlefield between Anglo-Saxons and the Norse from Scandinavia (though the Scandinavians will win, and Canute here will be the King of Denmark, England and Norway), but in 1066 William the Bastard, a Lord from Northern France will invade and conquer England, kick out the Scandinavians for good and fully replace the Anglo-Saxon nobility with French. Thus, England will become an Anglo-Saxon country ruled by French nobility. Both Anglo-Saxon and French culture will eventually merge and become English culture, which are the English we now know and love.
NayraelOct 14, 2019 8:59 AM
Oct 17, 2019 1:18 PM

Mar 2019
Now that's a more fitting OP at least, cool episode showing just how Askeladd is the most interesting character.
Oct 19, 2019 9:56 PM

Oct 2008
oh god! another splendid episode! so much seriousness which is badass!
we got to learn more about Askeladd which is half Welsh and half Danish!
LOL at Prince Canute! started to speak and against Thorfinn and Ragnar was shocked by Canute's ranting! lolz!
new OP by MAN WITH A MISSION is always a treat this this band is always highly respected!
ED was great as well!
5/5.
matias067Oct 19, 2019 10:00 PM

Oct 20, 2019 4:43 PM

Mar 2009
I can't believe Askeladd is related to Saber. Wild.
Oct 21, 2019 7:58 AM

Jun 2017
New OP and ED, I liked the previous OP more but this is fine too, the new ED is cool too.

Well well, it turns out that Askeladd is a descendant of the people that dates back to the Roman Empire, very nice.
“What do you do when there is an evil you cannot defeat by just means? Do you stain your hands with evil to destroy evil? Or do you remain steadfastly just and righteous even if it means surrendering to evil?”
― Lelouch Vi Britannia
Oct 30, 2019 9:43 PM

Mar 2017
I bet Canute and Thorfinn will have a great bond in the near future :>

猫はかわいいです。 (ꈍ ‸ ꈍ)

Oct 31, 2019 8:02 PM

Oct 2013
New opening and endings. They are good, equal to the old ones.

Askeladd is descendant of King Arthur?! Haha, now that was unexpected. :D He is my favorite character in this anime, so this revelation was a positive surprise for me. I wonder in which direction his character is gonna develop later.
Nov 5, 2019 4:26 PM

Jul 2013
Normally when a story branches away from the protagonist's perspective, I lose interest. But not this time because it's also expanding. Now I'm curious about Askellad's past.
Nov 24, 2019 12:48 PM
EOussama

Dec 2016
I was praying this Anime will receive the same treatment Kimetsu no Yaiba had, and I'll specifically talking about the opening theme song. I would have been okay, no happier if they kept the first one throughout every other season if there maybe, but what are you going to do? I don't dislike this one, it's just that I adore the last one. The same is felt about the ending theme song.

I wonder if Askeladd was serious about that plan of his, he looked so much like Thorfinn does when he was a kid that I actually thought I was Throfinn carrying the prince and disguising him as his mother.
Nov 30, 2019 6:00 PM

Apr 2014
i wonder if Askeladd was serious when he said he hates the Danes or whether he just wanted to convince the guy

wonder how Thorfinn and Canute's relationship will develop in the future

also this is just a petty complaint but i remember seeing Thorfinn in the manga and he looked much better than in the anime. it might just be the art style though
belovingNov 30, 2019 6:03 PM
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 11, 2019 10:19 AM
Jan 2017
i do NOT like the new opening! :( Reeeeee
Dec 23, 2019 7:57 AM

Aug 2017
Oh, a new OP. I will like it after listening several times.

We know more about Askeladd. I laughed when Canute was arguing with Thorfinn hahahaha.
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Dec 24, 2019 9:30 PM

Dec 2015
Askeladd is quite the character huh. Never would've expected this much from a mercenary.
"At some point, I stopped hoping."
Dec 25, 2019 10:51 AM

Dec 2016
felt like it ended weirdly or maybe that’s just amazon’s doing
AnimeFreak-San said:
is this a male gender issure...human issue...mental illness perhaps?
Jan 5, 2020 11:15 AM

Dec 2018
Good OP and ED, but the first ones are WAY better.
Jan 11, 2020 3:01 AM

Mar 2015
Nice new OP and ED! Funny to see the prince get worked up like that. Looks like there's more to Askeladd than meets the eye!
I'm Bruneian and I like anime. And Manchester United. And fat cats.
Jan 19, 2020 10:45 AM

Nov 2012
I had a feeling we would get a new OP and ED now since we've just passed the halfway point. Just as the first OP had really grown on me too. Not sure about the new OP but like the new ED already, hoping the new OP grows on me.
I have a third testicle that gives me psychic powers
Feb 18, 2020 9:21 PM

Dec 2012
Man, that was quite the jaw dropping revelation on Askeladd. Particularly since he's put on such a convincing facade for so long. I knew he was more than a mere mercenary, but never imagined the scope & scale of his ambitions. To blend in with the people he hates most, he truly is a master conman.
Mar 10, 2020 1:54 PM

Apr 2016
Oh man it's MWAM! These openings are brilliant and fit this series perfectly!
Mar 11, 2020 3:05 AM

Mar 2019
The new op is alright,but inferior to the first one for sure.I thought the child at the beginning was Thorfinn but apparently he was Askeladd who looks so similar to Thorfinn!Finally,Canute stopped being retarded and actually talked.I hate how he goes behind Ragnar(which I also hate) and make those faces.
Come on man,where is that Noragami season 3 masterpiece.We want it, Bones!

Apr 2, 2020 1:29 PM

Dec 2019
New opening and Ending, i liked them both and it seems from the opening things are gonna get more interesting, in this episode we learned about Askeladd's past, boy i was surprised i wonder if he will go with that plan or if he is planning something else, and we heard the prince talking for the first time lol, leave it to Thorfinn i guess.
                                                         🖤   

Apr 4, 2020 9:50 AM

Apr 2014
The new opening sucks.

The old one was a masterpiece.
themanualreader@proton.me
Pages (5) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Vinland Saga Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Aug 11, 2019

392 by joelius__0 »»
Yesterday, 1:16 PM

Poll: » Vinland Saga Episode 14 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 13, 2019

352 by Herrior »»
Apr 23, 11:47 AM

Poll: » Vinland Saga Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 29, 2019

795 by Lawgun »»
Apr 23, 3:43 AM

Poll: » Vinland Saga Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 7, 2019

271 by Fibyu »»
Apr 10, 9:53 PM

Poll: » Vinland Saga Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 8, 2019

259 by JustAnotherShiro »»
Mar 24, 2:44 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.