Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Jun 22, 2019 7:51 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Damn, Inosuke is a certain kind of badass. Even that laugh is hard to ignore.

Looks like the episode adapts "Appearance of the Pig" chapter and beyond. There's also that disgusting long tongue demon who makes quite an eerie impression. Zenitsu continues to bring in the humor of this moody show. I do have to admit that when he gets serious, he can be quite a badass.

I'm entertained by the balance of this anime tbh.
Jun 22, 2019 7:56 AM

Jan 2015
Whaaaat, of all the times, never thought we would get 3 chapters this time lol. Well, it’s definitely better this way

Anyway, HYPE episode.
Inosuke steps on people and causes problems to Tanjrou. He’s not much the type to think a lot I guess.
Zenitsu once again hilarious, and the best part was when he fell asleep. It was quite intense. Gotta say the animation and the effects were very well done. Wasn’t expecting less from Ufotable.
Two new demons appear, altough they don’t last long lmao. Inosuke’s quite crazy.

Overall, one of the best episodes of the series. It pretty much sets up the tone for the rest of the series. So I recommend to anyone bothered by it to drop KnY right now.
Zenitsu in all of his glory

XenocrisiJun 22, 2019 2:26 PM
Jun 22, 2019 9:28 AM

Dec 2014
Fantastic episode as always.

I love how crazy the boar head dude is.

Honestly, the highlight of the episode was Zenitsu's 'awakening'. The directing and presentation were top notch, the battojutsu was incredible to watch. I got hyped as hell and Zenitsu was just too badass. xD

So Tanjuro's injuries are really bothering him? :(
I'm still excited to see what kind of technique he's gonna pull out.

Soundtrack for this episode was fantastic too, especially at the end as Tanjuro assumed his stance.
Only problem with this episode was there was no Nezuko screentime. :(
Jun 22, 2019 9:29 AM

Apr 2018
The best episode yet. And MAH BOY ZENITSU IS FAST AF
Lelouch0202 said:
the battojutsu was incredible to watch. I got hyped as hell and Zenitsu was just too badass. xD
This.
Xenocrisi said:
Whaaaat, of all the times, never thought we would get 3 chapters this time lol. Well, it’s definitely better this way
Now Rengoku vs Akaza would be possible.
Jfs_Jun 22, 2019 9:36 AM
Jun 22, 2019 9:31 AM

Feb 2018
Zenitsu is not as useless as he thinks he is!
*Mourning the disappointment of The Promised Neverland season 2.*
Jun 22, 2019 9:37 AM

Aug 2013
So there were three demons in total, though the other two did not last that long.

Zenitsu is a funny character, though he showed what a badass he is.

Jun 22, 2019 9:41 AM
Shingster

Jun 2015
Boar guy sure has a rather single tracked mind. The demon himself though also had some interesting abilities being able to change the layout of his lair via sound alone. Zenitsu while still as annoying as ever sure mixed well with the tension in which his scenes featured. While falling asleep sure was lame it provided the perfect chance for him to counterattack though. His serious self though sure was really something given how much it contrasts with his base self. So the main demon here was one that was evicted from the upper ranks again huh. An interesting ep that did well in expanding upon Boar guy and Zensitsu's personalities while also showing what seems to be a pattern regarding the demons that Tanjiro is encountering. Looking forward to seeing how this plays out next ep.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 22, 2019 9:41 AM
Sep 2015
The traditional Japanese atmosphere is westernized by OST (which unsurprisingly the same composer of Fate series). Also the drum demon has too much fun with his ability again (though it's kinda hard to believe other two much weaker demons can hurt him and make his drum fall off), it seems like many demons' abilities are based on some kind of amusement park's attraction, and this one is 'Funhouse'.
Jun 22, 2019 9:49 AM

Apr 2018
A goofy and funny character turns out to be a badass guy lmao. Cool, 3 chapters got in here
Jun 22, 2019 10:05 AM

Apr 2011
Woah! So, Zenitsu's ability activates when he suddenly fell asleep... XD

Another great ep, btw! Can't wait for the next one!

Jun 22, 2019 10:15 AM

Mar 2018
I like Zenistsu a lot, and his badass moment was visually stunning. Inosuke left me kinda unimpressed so far.

Also the writing is really starting to show its limits when it comes to Tanjiro, him always describing the situation is a bit ridiculous. I know it's common for shonen to do that but it's the first time it actually bothers me, it just doesn't seem natural.

Also pleasantly surprised it adapted tree chapters, the pace felt nice.
Jun 22, 2019 10:17 AM

Jul 2014
Not a big fan of boar dude and Zenitsu's loud personality but their VA's being Matsuoka and Shimono really helps me tolerate their characters, plus I love lightning powers, dude should stay asleep 24/7 if you ask me heh. Also noticed Boar dude being a 2-sword user like Kirito so there's that.
Tanjirou is one good MC, the boy has really been through a lot, he really worked hard to get to where he is right now, not just in sword techniques but in heart and spirit too.
Needs more Nezuko tho.
Can't stress this enough but I fcking love the seiyuu cast in this show. Kito Akari despite only going "grrrr hmm hmm" with Nezuko and Hanae doing Tanjirou has really been one of the spotlights of this show for me. Stellar animation,art and OST to boot, pretty hard not to like this show with all of those.
Jun 22, 2019 10:18 AM

Jul 2015
Nice Episode

Zenitsu is really badass in sleep,his sleeping form reminded me of Escanor from NNT.

Also loved Inosuke's antics this episode.

Jun 22, 2019 10:28 AM

May 2013
Zenitsu's move was so cool. T_T
He is like Cavendish in One Piece. :D

papsoshea said:
Honestly, Zenitsu and Inosuke have completely taken me out of this show. Both of them just unsettled the tone and atmosphere this series had and built over 9+ episodes. Yeah they look cool, and yeah their fighting abilities are great but the way they act, and their gag/one defining trait (so far) is really tiresome already.

Yeah, I'm in a similar shoe. The boar dude is so-so, but Zenitsu's constant screaming, especially in ep 11. was insanely annoying. This anime had a certain serious tone to it (you can die anytime, demons eating humans like its nothing etc.) with the few humorous scenes here and there. And out of the blue we have a guy who's whole existence is a joke in general. Like cmon...
MattuzmkJun 22, 2019 10:32 AM
Jun 22, 2019 10:34 AM

Mar 2016
Xenocrisi said:

Anyway, HYPE episode.
Inosuke steps on people and causes problems to Tanjrou. He’s not much the type to think a lot I guess.
Zenitsu once again hilarious, and the best part was when he fell asleep. It was quite intense. Gotta say the animation and the effects were very well done. Wasn’t expecting less from Ufotable.
Two new demons appear, altough they don’t last long lmao. Inosuke’s quite crazy.

Overall, one of the best episodes of the series in all honesty
Zenitsu in all of his glory

I nearly turned into a fanboy when this happened. I'm just like "wait a minute, did he just do that??!!"
Jun 22, 2019 10:36 AM

Mar 2017
Ah man, these episodes always seem to end too quickly!

Omfg Zenitsu's a secret badass or should i say a sleeping badass haha Then there's Inosuke... he's just fucking nuts haha

Loved Tanjirou's confidence at the end there! "I'm doing a good job" boy, yes u are and u keep being ur badass little self haha
Jun 22, 2019 10:49 AM

Mar 2018
The move that Zenitsu did was good but I still think he is easily the most annoying character of the whole show, so far.
Jun 22, 2019 10:50 AM

Jul 2013
Someone should give Zenitsu some sleep pills with long effect. I bet he would solo'd Kibutsuji with that.

Looking forward to the battle against Kyogai. Even if he's not part of the demon elite anymore, he at least should put a better battle than the previous demons, though considering those two fodder demons were able to injure him, I will contain my expectations if the battle ends being anticlimatic too.
Jun 22, 2019 10:54 AM
Mar 2019
Honestly, Zenitsu and Inosuke have completely taken me out of this show. Both of them just unsettled the tone and atmosphere this series had and built over 9+ episodes. Yeah they look cool, and yeah their fighting abilities are great but the way they act, and their gag/one defining trait (so far) is really tiresome already.

Anyway, the camera angles and shots were on the money. Based ufotable, visually it is stunning. And I also like how Tanjiro's previous encounters play a factor - he hasn't healed properly and he is also fatigued. Good episode, he found the brother, he picked up on the demons abilities - then there was that Bruce Lee water philosophy +1 for that. Hopefully Zenitsu and Inosuke tone it down, I don't think I can handle them.

As the friend who is under your comment said, leave it, because it will continue like this and in Japan they are enjoying this program and their manga sales will continue to increase, but the formula you see in this chapter, you will see in all the arcs.
Jun 22, 2019 11:08 AM

Sep 2017
So from what I've gathered, Inosuke doesn't really consider himself a hero like Tanjiro does. He's just looking for entertainment. He also doesn't seem to be very aware of his surroundings, given the fact that he stepped on Teruko and launched himself off of Tanjiro. However, the fact that he seemingly self-taught himself all of his skill is incredibly impressive. I want to reiterate how cool of an ability this Demon has. I never imagined this anime/manga would be able to get so creative with the different demon abilities. Zenitsu telling that demon his tongue wasn't natural was amusing. Who knew Zenitsu was so powerful? That attack was pretty badass. So Kyogai was once a member of the Twelve Demon Moons, huh? That teaches us two things. Firstly, the demon that was able to rip the tsuzumi out of his back is on the level of a former Twelve Demon Moon. Secondly, by extension, Inosuke is very powerful as well, because he was able to mop the floor with someone capable of fighting a former Twelve Demon Moon. I hope we get a better explanation as to this whole "Marechi" and blood quality thing. That sounds interesting. It's impressive enough that Tanjiro has lasted this long with those injuries, honestly.
Jun 22, 2019 11:16 AM

Oct 2017
Another awesome episode and oh my fucking gosh.Zenitsu was amazing. For that split moment he was bad ass af. I wonder if he has split personality or smthng alike that. Also the Inosuke seems like a bad ass too.
MegamiRemJun 22, 2019 11:34 AM
Jun 22, 2019 11:22 AM
Oct 2013
I'm in love with this anime, a Classic Shounen done and adapted the right way, Tanjiro is a great protagonist. Ufotoble with those amazing animation bits especially Zenitsu attack.
Jun 22, 2019 11:25 AM
Nov 2015
I'm getting tired of this show.

I really dislike Tanjiro, what a boring character, jesus christ. That typical battle shounen speech at the end of the episode... damn.

We also got more and more lousy, cringeworthy comedy scenes.

At least in the previous episodes, at the end there was a cool scene to keep our interest in the show. Not even that today.

I'm not dropping it due to the beautiful animation and OST and because I was told it gets better later on, but for the time being it's just getting worse.
Jun 22, 2019 11:43 AM

May 2018

So, Zenitsu can man up..................if he's asleep.
Jun 22, 2019 11:56 AM

Dec 2016
BetoSCR said:

I really dislike Tanjiro, what a boring character, jesus christ. That typical battle shounen speech at the end of the episode... damn.

At least in the previous episodes, at the end there was a cool scene to keep our interest in the show. Not even that today.

I'm not dropping it due to the beautiful animation and OST and because I was told it gets better later on, but for the time being it's just getting worse.

Which part of Tanjirou is boring? Being nice and kind? Being a hard working brother trying to salvage the last part of his family? Is the only way for main character to be interest nowaday is for them to be edgy anti-hero or complex master mind. And his speech actually pretty nice, it to reassure himself that he can do this.
Jun 22, 2019 12:19 PM

Jan 2018

this made Zenitsu's popularity skyrocket.

but I'm sure you'll come to like Inosuke soon enough
Jun 22, 2019 12:34 PM

Mar 2016
When Zenitsu fainted, I understood he was going fight unconsciously and be a badass. However, the build up before that had made it look like he was about to swallow his fear and fight. So now, I have lost all my respect for him.

The swine is annoying. I wonder why a lot of Shounen JUMP mangas have characters like that.

I had already forgotten about Tanjirou's broken bones. The writer should've done more research or talked to a doctor to make the fracture feel more realistic. A bit of realism (like in Snk, Death Note or 'A Song of Ice and Fire' or even 'Harry Potter') can really make stories come alive.

I am interested to know more about the kid with the special blood. His design looks so ordinary that it feels like he'll never show up after this arc. I think I am probably just curious why such an ordinary-looking character has the "special blood".

I wish the rooms changed in a little more dynamic way just because this is animated by Ufotable. (Though, I don't have any problems with how they are doing it right now.)
Jun 22, 2019 12:46 PM
Sep 2018
papsoshea said:

Anyway, the camera angles and shots were on the money. Based ufotable, visually it is stunning. And I also like how Tanjiro's previous encounters play a factor - he hasn't healed properly and he is also fatigued. Good episode, he found the brother, he picked up on the demons abilities - then there was that Bruce Lee water philosophy +1 for that. Hopefully Zenitsu and Inosuke tone it down, I don't think I can handle them.

Yeah after this episode i was thinking the same basically, i think Inosuke is somewhat fine but dang Zenitsu tho... i mean crybaby characters that are hidden op is nothing new but this guy is just too extreme he is just obnoxiously loud x) wish is a shame because i like his design and electric element quite alot but oh well maybe i will end up liking them once they are offically a trio and we get used to them.
Jun 22, 2019 12:50 PM
Sep 2018
FuMomo-kun said:
When Zenitsu fainted, I understood he was going fight unconsciously and be a badass. However, the build up before that had made it look like he was about to swallow his fear and fight. So now, I have lost all my respect for him.

The swine is annoying. I wonder why a lot of Shounen JUMP mangas have characters like that.

I had already forgotten about Tanjirou's broken bones. The writer should've done more research or talked to a doctor to make the fracture feel more realistic. A bit of realism (like in Snk, Death Note or 'A Song of Ice and Fire' or even 'Harry Potter') can really make stories come alive.

I am interested to know more about the kid with the special blood. His design looks so ordinary that it feels like he'll never show up after this arc. I think I am probably just curious why such an ordinary-looking character has the "special blood".

I wish the rooms changed in a little more dynamic way just because this is animated by Ufotable. (Though, I don't have any problems with how they are doing it right now.)

The special blood just means he has a rare blood type and nothing more then that it doesen't make a person specifically stronger or have anything else unique about it.
Jun 22, 2019 12:53 PM
Aug 2017
BetoSCR said:

It will stay like that in the future so you should just drop the show.
Seriously, what part of Tanjirou is boring? I watched a lot of shounen and I am bored of the normal hot-blooded, stupid shounen MC. Tanjiro is such a breath of fresh air and he is currently my favorite shounen MC. He is such a gentle, honest and sweet boy.
Jun 22, 2019 12:58 PM

May 2018
This is why we do not invite Zenitsu over to sleepover parties
Jun 22, 2019 12:59 PM

Jul 2012
BetoSCR said:

Concur on the comedy scenes. Very overplayed. This show doesn't know what it wants to be tonally.
Jun 22, 2019 1:01 PM

Jan 2017
Oh okay. Zenitsu is possessed by a badass, but you know what's freaking me out, those three kids' eyes... I swear, if they turn out to be demons!

The boar is great though, is the beast thing his breathing form or... in any case, when are gonna get bakugou the demon slayer, and is he going to be fire breathing.
Jun 22, 2019 1:03 PM
Aug 2017
Efu said:
papsoshea said:

Yeah after this episode i was thinking the same basically, i think Inosuke is somewhat fine but dang Zenitsu tho... i mean crybaby characters that are hidden op is nothing new but this guy is just too extreme he is just obnoxiously loud x) wish is a shame because i like his design and electric element quite alot but oh well maybe i will end up liking them once they are offically a trio and we get used to them.

The electric is not an element. It is his sword style that focus on fast and swift movement like lightning strike.
Zanitsu is not a crybaby. He is a representative of a normal person just being thrown to a crazy world where he is forced to fight and kill demons and can lose his life any time. He is a realistic person. He doesn't even want to be demon hunter.

Jun 22, 2019 1:05 PM
Nov 2015
Himawari9 said:
BetoSCR said:

Seriously, what part of Tanjirou is boring? I watched a lot of shounen and I am bored of the normal hot-blooded, stupid shounen MC. Tanjiro is such a breath of fresh air and he is currently my favorite shounen MC. He is such a gentle, honest and sweet boy.

It's exactly because he is just toooooo gentle, tooooo caring and tooooo determined that he is boring. He brings all these clichéd personality traits from shounen MCs to their peak.

Not to mention that all his unnecessary, expositive talking in and outside of his head makes the show more stupid.
Jun 22, 2019 1:07 PM
Aug 2017
AbrarFyioz said:
Another awesome episode and oh my fucking gosh.Zenitsu was amazing. For that split moment he was bad ass af. I wonder if he has split personality or smthng alike that. Also the Inosuke seems like a bad ass too.

Nah, it is just that his master trained him so hard that even when he is unconscious, all the training make his body self-reacted to danger.
Jun 22, 2019 1:14 PM
Aug 2017
BetoSCR said:
Himawari9 said:

It's exactly because he is just toooooo gentle, tooooo caring and tooooo determined that he is boring. He brings all these clichéd personality traits from shounen MCs to their peak.

Not to mention that all his unnecessary, expositive talking in and outside of his head makes the show more stupid.

Which shounen MC is gentle? The usually shounen MC are just hot-blooded yelling all the time, trying to be friend with everyone, trying to reach some kinds of grand superficial goal. Tanjiro's only goal is to turn his sister back and live a normal life. I haven't seen any shounen MC similar to him.
You yourself aren't determine when your entire family was slaughter and your remaining family member is like that? He didn't have any choice in this matter except moving forward. Determination is the common characteristic of all the demon hunters in this show.
Jun 22, 2019 1:22 PM

Sep 2016
Zanitsu's strike was amazing. Love his character design and the lightning visuals for his attack, and the spinning rooms looked great as well. This show is really stealing the spotlight from One Punch Man this season, at least when it comes to animation quality.

papsoshea said:
Honestly, Zenitsu and Inosuke have completely taken me out of this show. Both of them just unsettled the tone and atmosphere this series had and built over 9+ episodes.

I like Inosuke a lot and the voice actor fits really well. Zenitsu is a bit over the top right now, but yeah, they will probably tone him down a bit later. They probably exaggerated it a bit to make his first strike more unexpected and impactful (even though we had seen a similar attack in the opening).

Looking forward to new episodes!
Jun 22, 2019 1:30 PM
Mar 2018
Zenitsu made it in a single strike not so worse or weak and not at all useless.....seriously what a guy
Jun 22, 2019 1:50 PM

Apr 2018
Zenitsu is my fav character by far after this episode, amazing scene 1000% badass
Jun 22, 2019 1:53 PM
Apr 2019
When will this anime be getting good? ufotable can only carry it for so long.
elementexJun 22, 2019 2:06 PM
Jun 22, 2019 1:58 PM
Mar 2017
Well what can I say, I was surprised that the cowardly and annoying Zenitsu had that potential, on the other hand I disliked Inosuke, the characters so unpredictable and rude displease me (also for some reason Inosuke reminded me a bit of Bakugo, a character who I hate with all my being, I also know there is already a character in this anime that is equal to Bakugo). I resent the way he stepped on Teruko as if nothing, how he did that to a little girl, despicable pig.
Zenitsu can be annoying, but his faces make me stand his presence and I admit that I thought he would abandon the child that was next to him, but I was surprised that he stayed with him and somehow protected him from the demon that attacked them, although I swear I could not stop laughing when the idiot of Zenitsu fell asleep because of the fear, but even so when the situation was critical, Zenitsu got up and decapitated the demon at a spectacular speed, but when Zenitsu woke up he lost that murderous aura and he returns to be the same old coward, I think I had the same reaction the boy had.
Inozuke can be someone wild, but he knows how to defend himself very well, how incredible was the way he got rid of the fat demon.

So the demon of the drums was one of the elite demons of Kibutsuji, wow Tanjirou is going to have a tough fight with this demon if his strength is that, we also had a slight look at the elite members of Kibutsuji.

Many complain about Tanjirou's kindness, but being sincere is something that keeps you calm, it was very considerate the way in which Tanjirou took care of the children and also healed the older brother of them, he always gave them security, i also admit that Tanjirou is very intelligent, he deciphered the attack pattern of the demon of the drums, but for him is very difficult to attack the demon, especially because his wounds from the battle at Tamayo's house still hurt him, but even so he manages to compose himself and is ready to attack, what new technique of water breath he will show us in the next episode? I look forward to seeing what technique Tanjirou will show us.

Adorable detail of Nezuko playing with the bandages as if she were a cat, I miss her.

I must say that the sound work in this episode was my total pleasure, the effects of sound well done and Soundtrack very well achieved in each scene, this episode was very good, nothing more to say.
Jun 22, 2019 2:05 PM

Jul 2017
This anime is so good, but the unnecessary talking makes me cringe. Seriously, 20 minutes and pretty much nothing happened. And all that crying and whining seriously piss me off. But the plot and action are so good that keeps you waiting. Oh well.
Jun 22, 2019 2:10 PM

Jan 2018
where them gif at...
Jun 22, 2019 2:18 PM

May 2015
Honestly, I'd prefer if it was always just Tanjirou and Nezuko, their dynamics were so much more fun to watch than all these forced comic relief moments. The damn crow is like the final blow. always forget it exists and it's always so cringy when it talks.

I'm not yet convinced it's worth the watch but the last several minutes of Tanjirou's monologue were fine, although it can become tiring in the future if he keeps enduring, pushing through and pulling some water breathing forms at just the right moment to win, but at least he is a likeable character.
Jun 22, 2019 2:20 PM

May 2014
Zenitsu still gets on my nerves a little bit, but hopefully he loses consciousness more often in future XD His cowardice isn't as charming as Usopp's. Still a really enjoyable anime though, i'm looking forward to seeing where it goes.
Jun 22, 2019 2:22 PM

Apr 2019
I would say this was the best episode so far I really liked how it was balanced between the 3 demons and 3 demon slayers( not sure if the boar character is demon slayer). Zenitsu was hilarious and showed he’s not as useless as he thinks he is. And the set up for the next episode with tanjiro was also well done.
Jun 22, 2019 3:34 PM

Aug 2015
Ten said:
Honestly, I'd prefer if it was always just Tanjirou and Nezuko, their dynamics were so much more fun to watch than all these forced comic relief moments.

That's it. Zenitsu is annoying sometimes, but Inosuke is just literally what i hate. Damn, please someone shut him up
Jun 22, 2019 3:37 PM

Nov 2013
just lowered my sound to like 30% and i must say i didn't get as annoyed as last episode LOL
fav "new" girls from winter <3 (2 extra girls this time, but 36 seasonals so whatever) ... click sig for older seasons and more possible picks
Jun 22, 2019 3:37 PM

Feb 2013
Haha, falling asleep makes him super strong.
Pages (5) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Gurenge becomes top selling digital single song in Reiwa era

FZREMAKE - Apr 15

20 by IDKwhatonamemyse »»
11 hours ago

» I don't get it

n0tSamir - Jul 7, 2023

36 by guts4ever »»
Yesterday, 6:05 AM

Poll: » Kimetsu no Yaiba Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - May 18, 2019

312 by CicadaRex »»
Apr 24, 12:21 PM

Poll: » Kimetsu no Yaiba Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 27, 2019

272 by CicadaRex »»
Apr 20, 4:20 AM

Poll: » Kimetsu no Yaiba Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 20, 2019

282 by CicadaRex »»
Apr 19, 11:49 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.