Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
May 27, 2019 6:18 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Oh boy, the serious stuff is back and we got a youkai monster with the body of a lion and snake. (kinda reminds me of the Chimera from Dragons Dogma)

Pretty tense episode. This reminds me just how dangerous their adventure is.

May 27, 2019 7:36 AM

Apr 2016
So Hyakkimaru is the last Horcrux ? I see. Four episodes left, i wonder how will they end this.
May 27, 2019 8:05 AM

May 2018
so it does all end with Daigo, after all
May 27, 2019 8:23 AM

Sep 2009
OOF I guess Hyakkimaru got so desperate because he felt like he wasn't able to save Dororo because he doesn't have a real body :(
I can totally understand that this would put him in such a distressed state.
I love how close Hyakki and Dororo got and how their relationship is progressing more and more.
Totally ship those two tbh ;_;

Dororo and the monch don't really seem to get that? Just thinking that he snapped for no reason.

I thought he'd get back an arm but no new body part this episode :(..

Next episode it'll probably be a Tahomaru vs Hyakki episode again, I can't wait!

May 27, 2019 8:39 AM
Jul 2016
Hyakkimaru - Kun :((
May 27, 2019 8:48 AM

Dec 2014
Great episode.

The Nue reminded me of the one in Nioh for some reason. xD

I'm curious as to how the travelling monk always seems to appear right a we need him. Is there more to him or is he nothing more than a travelling monk?

The last sequence where Hyakkimaru repeatedly stabs the dead Nue asking for his body back was very sad. :(
I'm guessing that if he needs to get back everything he's lost he has to remove the source of his loss in the first place? i.e. kill Daigo?
May 27, 2019 8:56 AM
ranked 54 in FAL
Mar 2018
Seems like he doesn't get stuff back when he kills in an inhuman way.
hopefully he defeats the last demon for the right reasons and gets everything back, or even gives up on retrieving some body parts in exchange for a happy ending.
The op foreshadows him getting back his sight to see dororo in a pretty touching way, so looking forward to seeing that in an actual episode.
May 27, 2019 8:58 AM
Sep 2015
I want Sharkboy vs. Nue man showdown! Hot rotten guys fighting each other!
May 27, 2019 8:59 AM

Apr 2015
We are close to the endgame now,

I lowkey thought Dororo is going to have to lose his arm but the old man came in just in time.
May 27, 2019 9:00 AM

Aug 2018
Anyone got any ideas as to why Hyakkimaru didnt get a new body part this episode?
May 27, 2019 9:25 AM
Dec 2018
Gunfire14 said:
Anyone got any ideas as to why Hyakkimaru didnt get a new body part this episode?
I think that the demon (last one who was unable to get Hyakkimaru) absorbs life force or something from other dead demons. So Hyakkimaru was left with nothing to get from the slain demon.
May 27, 2019 9:28 AM

Aug 2018
Momo_Chow_June said:
Gunfire14 said:
I think that the demon (last one who was unable to get Hyakkimaru) absorbs life force or something from other dead demons. So Hyakkimaru was left with nothing to get from the slain demon.

Ahh I see, thanks!
May 27, 2019 9:30 AM
Dec 2018
Gunfire14 said:

I guess that biggest (demon) statue take it
When it still sealed by the God of Mercy, everytime Hyakkimaru killed demon, his body part will back to him, but now that biggest demon are free so he take Hyakki's body part from demons that killed
May 27, 2019 9:48 AM

Jul 2017
Damn Hyakki's becoming the very thing he swore to destroy. Was hoping to see more of the fight between that evolved thing but oh well, I guess it was to emphasize the previous point.

May 27, 2019 10:22 AM

Mar 2017
Oh god no! I really don't want hyakkimaru to go back to Daigo... if this anime doesn't have a happy ending i swear i'm gonna drown my self in a puddle of my tears haha

Also, i'm so surprised that a lot of people haven't heard of or seen a Nue before... they're pretty popular yokai in japanese myths and stories!
May 27, 2019 10:35 AM

Nov 2016
Dat nue or chimera was horrifying and I liked the emphasis on the weakness of humans. Also, a lot of misfortune again, felt pity for the "samurai" and bad for Hyakkimaru, but personally, seeing the starving villagers was more devastating.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

May 27, 2019 10:39 AM
Mar 2015
Best part was Hyuakkmaru yelling "Give it back " to the dead demon. Daigo's deal with the demons is clearly broken and the pestilence is killing everyone. The demon held down by the Goddess of Mercy has been freed
May 27, 2019 10:42 AM
Mar 2019
I really really don't want hyakki to become a demon please no😖😥 I want a happy ending all of the fandom wants a happy ending 😭😭😭
May 27, 2019 10:51 AM

Apr 2017
what an intense episode! seeing the devastation of the villages made me real sad, and now i'm seeing the reason for daigo's broken deal and understanding where he was coming from.

ngl, i thought dororo was about to lose his arm for a sec, but it's a good thing biwamaru showed up in time. hyakki going as far as breaking his arms to free dororo warmed my heart.

hyakki yelling "give it back" at the dead nue hit me like a truck - he's willing to do absolutely anything to get his body back while losing some of his humanity in the process; dororo luckily seems to keep him grounded. it really hurts to see this happen but damn it makes for a good story. we in the endgame now boys.
May 27, 2019 11:00 AM

Feb 2016
Something tells me things are going to get nasty beyond this point. Hyakki reeks of blood lust (or should I say, Body lust? xD)

All I know is that things are going to get bloody and boy, I'm scared. Hopefully the endgame gives justice to this second cour that has been mediocre as best. Don't disappoint me Mappa!
"We could make the world better, but it's easier to just shut our eyes."
~Blackwall
May 27, 2019 11:22 AM

Jul 2016
To be honest, I was seeing Hyakki having to cut Dororo's arm off in order to save her... thank God the monk appeared just in time.

Nice episode overall, way better than the last one which was "disappointing" to say the least.
May 27, 2019 11:24 AM

Feb 2013
What a bastard, he abandoned his mother like that.
May 27, 2019 11:30 AM

Mar 2016
I am wondering how Dororo's arm still works. After Dororo and Hyakki had fallen, the boulders had fallen on top of the former's arm. Not sure why the arm didn't get squished.

I feel like the quality of storytelling of this anime decreased a little. Not much. Just a little. Hope it gets better later.

Oh no! The old man's blade broke!

Why is the old man everywhere? I wanted Hyakki and Dororo to be saved by something that had already been introduced in the episode. Now, it just feels like a deus ex machina.
May 27, 2019 11:57 AM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
I get the feeling our Hyakki is going to die before the end. What a tragic life he's led-
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

May 27, 2019 12:04 PM
Jan 2019
A brutal episode! The fight between Hyakkimaru against Nue showed a great animation.
My big question is why Hyakkimaru did not recover any part of his body when he killed the Nue. As Dororo said, this is the second time that Hyakkimaru kills a demon and does not recover anything.
The statue in the infernal hall could be "Ashura"? Will it be the final boss? I have a hypothesis that that demon will merge with Daigo and we will have an epic final fight between father and son. "One can not escape from his destiny, which carries a heavy tab."

On the other hand, almost scream of despair when I saw Dororo about to drown and Hyakkimaru so frustrated by not being able to do anything. Luckily, the old man came to help them. That old man is when they need him the most. Great Elder.

And well, we could also see the friendly side of Hyakkimaru with Dororo. The autumn scenes were beautiful "Sure you can see it one day, I'm sure".

Anyway, I can not wait to see a big showdown.
May 27, 2019 12:06 PM

Aug 2012
They messed with the story again. This whole changing things and tryig to make Hyakamaru the bad guy is becoming annoying
May 27, 2019 12:23 PM

Aug 2012
Tahoumaru makes me laugh, classic despot, he believes he's such a caring leader when he can't even give a whole bowl of rice to a starving child and would rather feed his own brother to demons rather than give up his fortune to feed his people.
WolfDFireBreidi said:

My big question is why Hyakkimaru did not recover any part of his body when he killed the Nue. As Dororo said, this is the second time that Hyakkimaru kills a demon and does not recover anything.

I think it's because of what his mother said: when her statue broke, the deal with the demons was broken too. That's why Daimo's land is suffering calamities and Hyakkimaru doesn't get his body back.
May 27, 2019 12:23 PM

Sep 2017
Pretty tense episode, which I enjoyed quite a bit. I wasn't the biggest fan of how they cut out that fight at the end, though. I would've wanted to see that. Dororo and Hyakkimaru continue to have a great dynamic, and Dororo being saved by Biwamaru was great to see. Hyakkimaru really owes Biwamaru and Jukai a lot, huh? I hope this show gets the ending it deserves. I was worried they would have to rush it but this episode definitely helped alleviate my fears a bit. Four more episodes left.
May 27, 2019 12:29 PM
Jul 2018
Probably the worst episode from this show imo. sigh. At least got me anticipated for the next episode with that cliffhanger but how it lead to that cliffhanger was disappointingly executed and found very unoriginal.
May 27, 2019 12:52 PM

Nov 2017
Great episode. Looking forward for the final showdown. 5/5
May 27, 2019 12:56 PM
Jan 2019
Does anyone know who voices Saburota? It sounds like Yuichi Nakamura to me, but I don't want to jump to conclusions. Wish I could just read the credits, smh.
May 27, 2019 1:04 PM

Aug 2012
2ego said:
nightcrawlercyp said:
They messed with the story again. This whole changing things and tryig to make Hyakamaru the bad guy is becoming annoying

Do you expect Hyakkimaru to have a vivid understanding of "morals"? His body was taken, he had no sight, no hearing, was a literal doll his entire life. What's more tragic is that all of it was deliberately taken away from him, his own life taken against his will before he had the chance to even experience a little bit of "life." If not for the couple of nice people he stumbled upon, he wouldn't have any understanding of what's right.
--

Well, not surprised that the guy turned out like that, with that he abandoned his own identity, therefore wanted others to suffer in order to satisfy his own stripped pride. Hyakkimaru still adamantly believes that he is correct, well I agree honestly, it's his own body - no one has the permission to take it away. Dororo almost died, for a second I was frightened, Hyakkimaru almost completely broke down when Dororo begun drowning. The OST at the end was sick, what a great song they implemented!
That is not the point. They inserted the whole scene with the villagers starving that makes little to no sense and then tried to make him look bad for Killing Nue. He is correct. Is not only about his body. Humans that sacrifice others to demons for self gain do not deserve to profit from it. Think about how many people died to the demons Daigo released. But we are shown a few made up villages starving and we must doubt the morals of destroying the demons? When the last demon is defeated and Daigo's clan is killed prosperity will return to the and again naturally.
May 27, 2019 1:08 PM

Sep 2014
one of the better episodes lately. I have somewhat lost interest in this show compared to season 1, Im glad its getting back on track. The OST and animation was really good, the scene where the blood spilled on the leaves was just amazing.
"This emotion is mine alone.
It is for Madoka alone." - Homura
or how I would descripe Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica.
May 27, 2019 1:12 PM

Jun 2016
Mohammadalmannai said:
We are close to the endgame now,

I lowkey thought Dororo is going to have to lose his arm but the old man came in just in time.

I thought the same. But shouldn't his arm be completely scattered because of the heavy rocks that fell on it?
May 27, 2019 1:24 PM

Jun 2015
That was a really graphic episode. But the plot is finally about to advance.
Comparing to the old adaptation, this adds much more development to the characters, but the pacing is sooo slow.
May 27, 2019 1:25 PM
Apr 2018
One of the most excited and best episode yet dude holy shit
May 27, 2019 1:27 PM
Sep 2017
I think the last demon will be in Dororo and Hyakkimaru will have to kill him bcz of how their relation is getting greater day by day
May 27, 2019 1:49 PM

Sep 2011
This was one intense episode. For a moment I thought that Hyakkimaru would have to cut Dororo's arm off in order to save her, but Biwamaru arrived in the nick of time and managed to rescue her. Oh, and Saburota was pitiful, I couldn't even get angry at him or something. He left his mother to die for cowardice, but what could he do besides dying with her? He was then judged by the others, but not so badly since they rallied up to help him avenge her. But he started to feel alive as he saw that he wasn't the only one who would scream for his life. Pitiful and broken, really.

Then his vision in his last moments... It seems that Hyakkimaru's heart is the one of a demon, and there is one demon who "couldn't" eat him according to his mother, and it seems this demon's statue now has a heartbeat and it is also getting parts of Hyakkimaru's body instead of him. I mean, I guess those arms were supposed to be with him after he killed Nue. He lost his composure too, Saburota said he wasn't "human", but this can't be true. Not completely. He was fine before hitting his head against that rock. D: I mean, before Dororo almost drowned. Welp, he is going for Daigo, and I couldn't bear to see him becoming a "demon" like his "father" would love to, but I guess that now I can only hope Dororo will be able to keep him human.
May 27, 2019 2:14 PM

Nov 2013
nightcrawlercyp said:
2ego said:

Do you expect Hyakkimaru to have a vivid understanding of "morals"? His body was taken, he had no sight, no hearing, was a literal doll his entire life. What's more tragic is that all of it was deliberately taken away from him, his own life taken against his will before he had the chance to even experience a little bit of "life." If not for the couple of nice people he stumbled upon, he wouldn't have any understanding of what's right.
--

Well, not surprised that the guy turned out like that, with that he abandoned his own identity, therefore wanted others to suffer in order to satisfy his own stripped pride. Hyakkimaru still adamantly believes that he is correct, well I agree honestly, it's his own body - no one has the permission to take it away. Dororo almost died, for a second I was frightened, Hyakkimaru almost completely broke down when Dororo begun drowning. The OST at the end was sick, what a great song they implemented!
That is not the point. They inserted the whole scene with the villagers starving that makes little to no sense and then tried to make him look bad for Killing Nue. He is correct. Is not only about his body. Humans that sacrifice others to demons for self gain do not deserve to profit from it. Think about how many people died to the demons Daigo released. But we are shown a few made up villages starving and we must doubt the morals of destroying the demons? When the last demon is defeated and Daigo's clan is killed prosperity will return to the and again naturally.

I don't get that last sentence of your post. The show has stated many times that before Daigo sacrificed his son his land was barren, his people were poor and hungry, and they feared being destroyed by wars with other lands. By all logic, killing the 12 demons should make the land go back to that state. Nothing in the show so far indicates that killing demons will make more rice grow and heal all diseases like Jesus. Less people will be eaten, but everyone will still be like the village we saw this episode. And I'm not even sure about the "less people will be eaten" part because there is plenty of Youkai unrelated to the 12 demons in the land.
May 27, 2019 2:39 PM
Dec 2017
Holy crud, I think this is the goriest episode yet (and that bar isn't exactly low)! This is also probably the bleakest episode in a while, and my heavens, does it deliver! It started with more fantastic Tahomaru moments (Hyogo survived, so yay) and the sweet Hyakkimaru and Dororo interactions, and then crap hit the fan from there. Panning down to see the hand on Saburota's robe made my jaw drop, and I thought Hyakkimaru was going to have to pull a 127 Hours-type situation on Dororo.
And now that this is the last four episodes, maybe the final arc will be a showdown with Daigo? We'll see :).
May 27, 2019 3:25 PM
Mar 2017
What an intense episode! I was barely breathing the whole time. Was pleasantly surprised to see it start with Tahomaru since I didn't hope to see him until their next encounter. God, his side of the story aches so much and I really feel for him. The boy is put between the bad and worse, and I suppose he is going to play a crucial part in that 12th demon issue. I just hope he will live (though I know I shouldn't T_T). Second, Saburota's story was dramatic, again we see the tragedy of human weakness. And that moment with Dororo drowning and Hyakki unable to do anything... I almost wanted him to cut her hand there, it's better than let her die like that but omg I just HATE these situations of cutting limbs as the only way to survive! It was a huge relief to see Biwamaru, bless this guy. He is like Gandalf who's never there but somehow manages to appear right on time to fix things. Hyakkimaru shut down like that after he was unable to save Dororo with those prosthetic hands... ouch, painful. I could sense his self-blame and desperation, those scenes were strong.
All in all, I realized I'm soo deeply attached to the characters that it makes me fear each new episode. I don't know how to handle the ending. That family drama is the worst of the pains for me, I just want everybody to reconcile and be together, father to shave his head and go atone his sins, mother to get her happy life with her two sons and brothers to be the closest bros. Seeing so much hate towards each other just breaks my heart into pieces ;_;
seafireflyMay 27, 2019 3:29 PM
May 27, 2019 3:26 PM
Nov 2018
Hyakkimaru is going to find Daigo and will have to face Daigo and Tahomaru.
I wonder, what will Oku do?
haydee82May 27, 2019 3:31 PM
May 27, 2019 3:29 PM

Jul 2014
It will be pretty interesting if they make a plot twist of somehow where Hyakkimaru have to kill his family members to regen his remaining body parts. I mean, all he lacks at this point is his arms and eyes right? that's 3 parts, his family also consist of 3 as well.

We saw in the past that Hyakkimaru is ready to go pretty far if that means getting his body back.
May 27, 2019 3:36 PM
Apr 2019
Devil_Slayer said:
It will be pretty interesting if they make a plot twist of somehow where Hyakkimaru have to kill his family members to regen his remaining body parts. I mean, all he lacks at this point is his arms and eyes right? that's 3 parts, his family also consist of 3 as well.

We saw in the past that Hyakkimaru is ready to go pretty far if that means getting his body back.

Oku, Daigo and Tahomaru are not his family, they are the enemy.
His family is dororo
May 27, 2019 3:50 PM

Sep 2007
That moment where Hyaki couldn't save Dororo and started head-banging the rock till he bled was INNNTENSE

But man...the "last demon" preventing Hyaki from getting back his body is such a ripoff....And as much as I don't like the guy, here's hoping he doesn't actually have to kill Daigo & his bro and figure out how to defeat the last demon.....but of course that is little to no chance since he has to pass through "Daigo's land" to reach that " hall of demons" I would think...
(My avatar is an original creation-please don't take it)
May 27, 2019 3:55 PM

Dec 2015
This was one of the absolute best episodes yet and fitting for a gateway to the finale.

I was waiting for them to further explore Hyakki making use of his newfound senses and gaining a new appreciation for the world he's been experiencing without senses for most of his life.
ALSO I LOVE how they also went out of their way to express how her time with Hyakki has in turn shaped Dororo's view for the better as well and allowed her to feel a sense of safety that enables her to feel comfortable both about herself and the way she interacts with her environment and social surroundings.
Having her remark on how much he has changed for the better and how much more she enjoys life when he's by her side, in addition to that very sweet moment in which she almost cried over him "preparing" her food, made it all the more devastating to have her witness the identity crisis at the end yet again (especially since it was indirectly because of her that he lashed out at the demon like that)

I have to say I found Biwamaru saving them out of the blue, appearing at exactly the right moment a little too convenient/ lazily written (all the more since he only mentions having heard a familiar voice, some form of demon sensing power related aspect would've made more sense imo), but then again I don't have any ideas for a better resolution and I loved the whole conflict and how we saw Hyakki lose his temper and all reason, helplessly destroying his arms and bashing his head, panicking, unable to rationally think of any better solutions.
I just love how it added to the reason he wants his real body back.

Is the demon with the heartbeat Hyakki himself? His demon awakening the more inhuman he grows to become?

Also I like how they didn't show us the actual massacre but instead let us witness the outcome of this battle by stumbling upon the violently torn apart limbs and a furious Hyakki.
His rage at being unable to recovering any limbs was made so well, I found his whole frustration really relatable and could see why it would provoke him into searching for Daigo.

Also I like how his brother was shown in the beginning, visiting the villagers afflicted by the crisis, making his resolve to kill his brother in order to relieve all those other citizens lives all the more believable and understandable.

Edit: Something else I've realized retrospectively is how we also have a very interesting contrast between this week's side character and how he envies Hyakkimaru and would love to trade places with him, believing his part demon body and fake limbs to be the reason for his strength and fortitude; and Hyakki who's unable to find any worth in his body when it failed him when he needed the most aka when trying to save the one he cares the most for (Dororo), mirroring how the side character blames his human body for preventing him from saving the one closest to him (his mother) after he witnesses several other human villagers failing to fight the monster (instead of blaming his own character weakness as a personality trait and not a defining aspect of being human)
JacksnappMay 27, 2019 5:11 PM
May 27, 2019 4:15 PM
Nov 2017
Is he really going to kill daigo, get his body back, kill that big demon and face his brother in 4 episodes? Or will there be a second season? (please!!! Second season!! I love this anime!)
May 27, 2019 5:19 PM

Jul 2014
Grimfrost said:
Is he really going to kill daigo, get his body back, kill that big demon and face his brother in 4 episodes? Or will there be a second season? (please!!! Second season!! I love this anime!)

Meh I think it they can fit in although it will feel little rushed anyway
May 27, 2019 5:38 PM

Sep 2017
Great episode once again, even if there's still some problems with the pacing and the animation

Although I'm afraid of a potential rushed end too, there's only 4 episodes remaining and Hyakkimaru have to get both his arms and eyesight back, and solve his family issues

May 27, 2019 5:40 PM

Oct 2015
That demon Nue was hella looking, I loved the design.

Hyakkimaru is really obsess with getting back his body, maybe the reason he didn't get the parts from those two demons was because he was beginning to get tainted by the strong desire.
How I learned to stop worrying and love the bomb --- Dr Strangelove

Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

» Is Dororo a boy or a girl ? ( 1 2 )

JanPri - Jan 15, 2019

80 by 1List2RuleThemAl »»
Apr 19, 11:39 AM

» Possible reason for such ending

Raajdeep - Oct 21, 2023

24 by 1List2RuleThemAl »»
Apr 19, 11:37 AM

Poll: » Dororo Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jan 14, 2019

204 by Shadowwolf21 »»
Apr 7, 11:34 PM

Poll: » Dororo Episode 16 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Apr 29, 2019

108 by Bubblarz »»
Mar 31, 1:52 PM

Poll: » Dororo Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 24, 2019

442 by Flomik »»
Mar 25, 1:26 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.