Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
That Time I got Reincarnated as a Slime
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »
Nov 29, 2018 12:10 AM

Nov 2011
Some decent progression in this ep, was a bit slow for a bit. Always love it when he toys with his opponents.

Join the MSP Club for an in-depth look at score progressions and other stats of currently airing anime
Nov 29, 2018 5:42 AM
Nov 2016
Great episode.
Fair bit of action as well. Rimuru befirends the nameless orcs, maybe he'll give them names and get them to join his group.
Nov 29, 2018 12:03 PM

Feb 2014
so, technically it's possible for rimuru to make copies of both his adult male & female version & have fun "experimenting" in the tent - just as naruto did with his harem no jutsu (too bad it's only a shounen anime)
ProtozNov 29, 2018 12:12 PM
Nov 29, 2018 8:00 PM
The Komori

Mar 2013
It was cool seeing Rimuru feel out his new form and powers, but that fight with the ogres was badass af
Dec 1, 2018 2:32 PM

Apr 2012
Yay the ogres are here, hype.
Dec 1, 2018 6:36 PM

Apr 2018
Starhammer said:
killuaxgon said:
Amazing episode again, i'm so excited for the next episode

I totally agree,this anime is crushing AOTS at the moment,but I have to say,what impressed me just as much was your sig.Thats awesome!!!

Thanks <3 i love this slime
Dec 1, 2018 9:20 PM
Aug 2017
Haha awesome, but uhh, so is he/she a girl or a guy, dammit I hope rimuru settles on the body as a male that just feels more right to me even if hes a bishounen lmao
Dec 2, 2018 2:44 AM
Jul 2016
ZdloraH said:
Haha awesome, but uhh, so is he/she a girl or a guy, dammit I hope rimuru settles on the body as a male that just feels more right to me even if hes a bishounen lmao
ZdloraH said:

he’s a trap lol

or just genderless
Dec 2, 2018 3:18 AM

Sep 2018
Episode that has no flaw as far as I am concerned, even when you lost a little time with things a little futile and relatively minor. Drawings and animations, of good quality, fully satisfied. :D
Dec 2, 2018 3:48 AM

Dec 2013
We are finally getting the introductions for the more of the characters featured in the op!

Rimuru really is op with all of his powers...
Dec 2, 2018 10:29 AM

May 2015
This anime is so good to watch. In terms of animation and story so far.

New names are cummnig I guess.

And Rimuru checking his/her body is just gold. :D
"The future is always blank. Only your willpower can leave footsteps there."

"Ruling over death means ruling over life. Death is the climax of life. To have the best death, you must honor life."
Dec 3, 2018 4:52 AM

Dec 2012
WOW!! My AOTS for me

Dec 3, 2018 10:56 AM

Mar 2016
Seriously .... every episode i watch from this anime it makes me even more addicted to it.... One of the top 3 in this season for sure

Dec 3, 2018 5:57 PM

Mar 2012
This series is still above average for me. Animation quality is superb. World setting is kind of generic fantasy but they're definitely setting up Rimuru to do fun things once he gets out of this forest. They're also not leaving me feeling like I don't understand what's going on which is already better than a lot of adaptations that try to cut corners all the time.

But I reiterate that it was a total mistake to kill off Shizu. At this point--and it doesn't seem like new characters are going to behave otherwise--all the characters have adopted a completely subordinate position to Rimuru. This makes for completely predictable and ultimately boring interactions between Rimuru and the characters. Why she was killed off so early remains a mystery to me. No amount of setup could replace her value.
Dec 5, 2018 4:30 PM

Oct 2008
watched from [Asakura] subs...
WOW! I have nothing to say! this was a perfect episode!
but I was surprised that most of the characters from the OP visuals was immediately introduced!
Rimuru is truly OVERPOWERED!!! He just create a new skill Black Flames! damn!
5/5!

Dec 6, 2018 6:40 PM
Aug 2018
I am surprised how genderless Slime looks in his human form. You really cannot discern the gender.
People with low average anime scores don't have high standards. They are just bad at choosing good anime to watch.
Dec 7, 2018 5:54 PM

Feb 2015
Brace yourselves guys, this is where the story starts to go downhill.

Jan 5, 2019 4:53 AM

Mar 2009
I already love the Ogre woman.
Jan 21, 2019 9:22 PM

Jul 2016
It was a very entertaining episode to watch. The fight against the Ogres was very nice and we also could see some more of Rimuru's new skills.

And also, I have to say that kick Rimuru gave to Gobta looked very smooth. Not to mention that it was very funny too. I'm glad to see the efforts they're putting into the animation aspects.
Feb 17, 2019 4:09 PM

Sep 2011
That entire beginning scene with Rimuru experimenting was so funny :D And I'm very glad he stopped himself because of how that body reminded him of Shizu. It was nice of him.

Once again Rimuru was cool as hell. That mask just made it all the better, especially when he finally took it off to show what he can do. I know, he is just undefeatable, but that's just what this show is about.
Feb 26, 2019 10:40 PM
Jun 2017
HumbertoZero said:

A new arc starts and Rimuru Tempest does not stop surprising. He is so OP but his real power lies in his ability to make peace through words instead of by force. The group is getting bigger! We finally got to meet the ogres!

They made Rimuru look both surprised but also cool in the scene of him testing his new ability on Verudora's cave. Kinda ominous. I liked it. It is also a nice touch that he is trying to respect Shizue's memory the best he can.

The SFX were amazing too. The explosions and effects for the black fire were incredible.
Truly, each episode is so entertaining to watch but it such a shame they feel SO short. They go by so fast...

To think this is just the beginning of the journey and this may be just a starting area, like, the "tutorial" of what it is to come.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

PS: Rimuru is such a pervert, hehe, but he is pure at his heart :)
PS2: You gotta admit, he looks so god damn adorable in his human form >//< (I never though I would say those words but here we are)

Enryu231 said:
I really like the effort the creators put in this animations, that kick on Gobta was dope even though it meant gag
Smoothest kick this season

ibraheem234 said:
so like I was still thinking that romance will follow but seeing he has no gender this may seem difficult
Well, as odd as it may be, he still thinks of himself as a man. His current real body doesn't have a gender and he seems to be stuck with that but he still identifies as a man. I think the reason he didn't stick with the more masculine human form was because it alters too much Shizue's image and the female version...well, too similar and he doesn't mean any disrespect towards her.
We know that in the OP his looks are different so, it's a matter of time.

kaitonic said:
Yes they didn't skip the part where Rimuru is checking his new body xD
Well another perfect adaptation and the fight was really great.
Everytime I see a comment saying along the lines "They didn't skip ...." my heart smiles =)

His real power is the plot. Having to deal with stupid enemies in stupid situations while having any imaginable power getting pulled out of his ass at any time he wants/needs it.
Mar 20, 2019 12:08 AM

May 2012
Pretty funny and lovely development, these orcs sure seem quite interesting, I wonder what their deal is.
Mar 29, 2019 3:34 AM

Jul 2013
So these are the rest of the people in the opening huh and they're joining Rimuru's gang. I call dibs on that quiet girl with big boobs lol
Apr 8, 2019 5:20 PM

May 2013
Wait, they're nameless and are already THIS strong????? ;O Imagine if Rimuru gave them names and helped them evolve. Sugoi~~~

Also, I love how strong Rimuru is and yet still such a pacifist when he is able to be, ahhah
Apr 25, 2019 5:39 PM

Apr 2015
They totally used Rimiru's new body being sexless to get around the fact that any dude with a body like that who can duplicate it would want to fuck himself.
"No, son, you may not have your body pillow at the dinner table!"
Jun 22, 2019 5:25 AM

Mar 2015
Introduction of the ogres! Should be good.
I'm Bruneian and I like anime. And Manchester United. And fat cats.
Jun 30, 2019 8:19 AM

Oct 2013
Rimuru might mimic Shizu's look, but as slimes are genderless, so is Rimuru even after transforming into another being. ;D

Ogres appeared! They were hostile at first because of a small (kinda) misunderstanding, but later when everything was explained they became Rimuru's new friends and everyone headed to the goblin's village. Good that nobody died in their quarrel.

I have a feeling that Rimuru is gonna give names to all ogres. :)
Jul 19, 2019 12:27 PM

Sep 2012
little bondage eeh 😂

what is old hokage from naruto doing here and where did he get horns 😆
Jul 19, 2019 12:30 PM

Sep 2012
SteelingMax said:
Brace yourselves guys, this is where the story starts to go downhill.

maybe for u, i mean ppl have different tastes and u can't claim to know awry1 taste, some may actually like it and feel it is going uphill 😊

Edit:
it was good

Sugram22Apr 29, 2021 3:00 AM
Nov 2, 2019 10:02 AM

Mar 2019
Wow this fight on human form was spectacular, we finally meet some characters we saw during the OP
Dec 27, 2019 9:51 AM

Aug 2018
Awesome! Episode
Jul 18, 2020 11:11 PM

Aug 2019
definitely did NOT expect that, wild episode.
Hmhmhm i see so as a slime with the ability to use a doppelganger, he can also change his body gender and the mimic's at will- Kinda like it more when Rimuru uses a human body, can really show off more expressions and emotions... but i guessss the trade off would be no cute slime body and the funny expressions he does :c Oh well, Shizue's mask really suits him and its such a plus that it literally drops all his magic auras to 0, also god DAMN Shizue was packing in some amazing skills, the ability to combined skills together? Good lord, actually let your creativity run wild with this one, black fire and black lighting? Christ. Also brings up the question to, is there a limit to how many skills one person can have?
Overall really good episode to show off were Rimuru is in terms of power's and skills. Fucking intense fight scene of a 5v1 and he clutched through like it was nothing. And from this, i think you can safely say he won't be coming across any problems sheer-power wise for a good good while.
Really like the design of the Ogres, they seem to vary a lot and have some pretty niche identical armour and weaponry to traditional samurai. They also seem hard as nails and honourable as fuck as well, guy didn't back down even when facing a wave of black fire and was understanding that he was in the wrong. God can't wait to see what they're like after Rimuru hands down to them the most op buff that a monster could ever receive in this world. a name.
Things are getting pumped up again, an Orc with a mask similar to Shizu's, causing mayhem with an army of pig soldiers. Damn sounds like another day in this world i suppose.
Nov 20, 2020 5:39 AM

Apr 2013
I liked the episode, but... the ogre attack made no sense. They attacked him because he looks like a majin, but Rimuru wasn't even there when his men were attacked by the ogres. So why did the ogres attack a bunch of goblins and wolves?
Dec 5, 2020 4:13 AM

May 2020
Rimuru~~~
He's too OP lol, even the old men is scared of him
Jan 12, 2021 5:52 AM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
The first part cleared my hesitations. Rimuru's still agender, and even had no dick. Poor slime xd. But, Ifrit analysis already completed. So, its just back to great again. I mean, whose gonna dislike bunshin no jutsu, and amaterasu? Ofc Rimuru just be happy with those additional skill, despite what Shizue left off to Rimuru; yeah, her aura magic suppressor mask and human body form from her!

Ah, another main casts to be added as Rimuru's friend after that misunderstanding fights between them. Thats fine, its always happened at the chaotic world. Hell, the beauty of the monster of the series surprised me. After a pretty goblinas, thats the ogre chick and lady that like to be fd. What do you said, Rimuru? Big oppai? Lmao, its true. And those red and old geez ogre were so strong. Guess their appearance would be a great additional in order to help Rimuru met the demon lord, Leon.

Okay next episode!
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
Jan 24, 2021 6:41 PM

Nov 2018
So, Right Now The Village in period of development. What the village gonna looks like after it finishes.

Rimuru get some New Skill to that can make Rimuru Stronger, Wow and that was pretty dangerous to use.

Rimuru having poblem dealing with The Orc this Episode but I glad the misunderstanding was solved in pretty good way.

Rimuru is gonna have another clan that going to take care by Rimuru, Hope can be happening.
Mar 13, 2021 12:47 PM

Sep 2012
dantex11 said:
ZdloraH said:
ZdloraH said:

he’s a trap lol

or just genderless

ZdloraH said:

he has no gender but sins he remembers hes past life as guy he identifies him self as male

@badabass
biologically true but hes still a dude hes still same person as he was before reincarnation so he int himself as a guy
Sugram22Apr 29, 2021 3:03 AM
Apr 3, 2021 1:16 PM

Mar 2019
Seems that his human form is related to Shizue after all, I really hope she'll come back later or something.

Benimaru, Shion and the others were finally introduced.
Come on man,where is that Noragami season 3 masterpiece.We want it, Bones!

Jun 24, 2021 7:06 AM

Oct 2016
Rimuru experimenting on his new human form is hilarious lmao. That was a great episode, Rimuru showing off on those Ogres was pretty cool, that pig at the end of last episode and his people was most likely the ones that attacked the Ogre village.
Oct 4, 2021 2:16 AM
scientia exitus

Mar 2020
I picked this up again because I kept hearing about how Rimuru is one of anime's most OP characters ever, so I thought: "man, there's going to be some pretty damn epic fights in this now isn't there?"

Ok so yes Rimuru is basically unbeatable in the world that he is in and we're still in the first half of the first season. But dang was I fool to think we were going to get jujutsu kaisen: slime version. We're not going to get any awesome fights now, are we. Rimuru is just going to display his power and make the opposition shut up and join him. The only actually cool part that got my blood pumping a bit was the punch from his armored arm. Everything else, well, maybe a little kid would enjoy this as one of his saturday afternoon cartoons. Yeah I know fights aren't really the focus of this anime, but since it kind of is the reason why I personally wanted to watch this, I think I may have seen enough. Going to watch one more episode though, to see if it can still reel me in with everything else it has to offer. Because it sure can't offer any good fights.

NYANPASU
5700XT

Oct 14, 2021 10:02 PM
Sep 2020
"My son didn't make it." 💀
Ok, Rimuru in human form grew on me and I actually don't mind him in his genderless form lol.
Oct 24, 2021 1:22 PM

May 2017

That face ! Kind of cute in a strange way. But he realy look like a pervert , As expected from a 37 years old that never had a girlfriend lol

I wonder if shizue can see what hes doing...well she had no problem holding a guy against her knowing that he was a pervert so it might be ok 🤔
Loli world is just a cute world full of cute meat

Oct 31, 2021 5:23 PM

Jul 2017
Even though I'm not really a fan with how easy Rimuru's just able to do everything right with charming others or being gifted so many skills and being in an environment where he can level up even more abilities just because, at least I like how he constantly craves to experiment whether its with understanding his body and creating different aged versions of himself, or experimenting with new skills to form even more or testing how they would be used in battle. He's at least caring for what abilities to use and when, and understanding mechanics rather than just being gifted everything and clearing everything without a care in the world. It's not a positive scenario this one, but better than the worst possibility of what the story would be doing with his conveniences.

He sonned the ogres pretty hard there in the battlefield even though he still wanted to keep them alive, hell they kept the fellow goblins and wolves alive too, just put them to sleep. All's well that ends well I guess, since they're all cool with each other and going for a feast.
May 10, 2022 10:42 AM
May 2022
This is exactly what I want from every episode. Rimuru testing his abilities and getting into fights that he beats with ease because of his arsenal of insane shit. I want this every episode forever from now on, thank you.
Sep 21, 2022 9:13 AM
Sep 2022
Finally see some more power from the grate slime!
Dec 21, 2022 1:20 AM
Aug 2022
ogre funny heheheha
Jan 13, 2023 12:57 AM

Jul 2015
That ogre lady sure had some huge badoinkers. Also funny how Rimuru checked out his new body (too bad his son didn't make it though)

Dec 16, 2023 6:23 PM

Nov 2023
Rimuru and his abilities are just something else ongfrfr
Mar 5, 12:59 AM

Dec 2022
Atp by the end of this series i feel like Rimuru-sama is goin to have unlimited abilites whether they're passive or not.

So far, the ogres look and sound cool ain't gonna lie.

Mar 12, 6:07 AM

Aug 2019
much more pleasant to watch with a human(looking) mc
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Tensei shitara Slime Datta Ken Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Oct 15, 2018

219 by Nobuaki_Niti »»
May 5, 11:28 AM

Poll: » Tensei shitara Slime Datta Ken Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 30, 2018

396 by Nobuaki_Niti »»
May 5, 11:26 AM

Poll: » Tensei shitara Slime Datta Ken Episode 23 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 11, 2019

276 by knowndisc »»
Apr 28, 7:52 AM

» Why does he choose the opposite gender? ( 1 2 )

jaisan - Oct 15, 2018

50 by Reevansingh21 »»
Apr 26, 2:40 PM

Poll: » Tensei shitara Slime Datta Ken Episode 17 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jan 28, 2019

129 by SpikeVann »»
Apr 26, 1:29 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.