Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
May 13, 2017 10:11 AM

Jul 2016
And thus ends the best character in anime at the moment.

Although I knew the drifter would be the kind I held out hope it could be a brother or something.

King Charioce (Disregarding crap drifter persona) is still the fucking man!

May 13, 2017 11:20 AM
Jul 2018
The dance sequence was amazingly animated, reminds me the first season.
May 13, 2017 11:38 AM

Jun 2014
Very fun epsiode. Nice to see another Dance scene.
The fight in the next episode should be great.

Looks like Chariot knows about what Nina is and how her power works.
This supports my theory that he is a Dragon/Half-Dragon himself. It would certainly explain quite a bit.
May 13, 2017 12:04 PM

Jul 2014
A HAPPY CHARIOCE WITH A LITTLE PEPPER < this
^
this

Tho they do need to explain him. He doesn't emote much when not glaring, so he is a bit boring to watch despite being very hot. And he is too bipolar, I mean:
when at work: Imma kill your race, you and your kid, my troops dying but I don't care, don't oppose me, shut the hell up, more dominance, more kill.
when not at work: Here, young lady, let me return this little pepper I misplaced yesterday when I saved you and gathered your stuff, also let me dance with your in a really caring and sweet way.
What's his deal? Whose grave that is? Why he is always alone in his castle? It's good that he thinks about Kaisar's words at least.

Can't get enough of that dance sequence, even if some linework was wobbly during the episode. And it's not many shows that will (or can) animate the crowd during festival episodes.

Nina and Charioce look great together, but it has ocurred to me that besides the ideological clash they have an uncomfortable age difference - Charioce should be around 25, that's a 10 years gap. Well... at least Nina's first love was of some quality.
The way, I currently hope, they'll develop this is Mugaro messing up the king's plan, but Nina saving humans in the end, because of her love.

There were also some great details - Kaisar's zombi hand standing fingers folded as if it was a human, the amount of security during the festival, the four-eyed snake, the king's portrait.

I love how flawed yet lively Nina is.The team being parents was adorable too.
Also I can't help but be reminded of this strip by Oglaf:

Szadek23 said:
Looks like Chariot knows about what Nina is and how her power works.
This supports my theory that he is a Dragon/Half-Dragon himself. It would certainly explain quite a bit.

Why do you think that he knows?
Yeah, there's a possibility that he also is a half-dragon, that would explain his physical power. Tho it looks like a part of the answer is that green mineral in his bracelet.
May 13, 2017 12:12 PM

Jan 2012
I'm absolutely loving this season! Enjoying so much these new characters and damn, shipping so hard at Nina and "Chris"!!! It's going to get so intense when their relantionship develops more and they find out each others true identity.
And really want to know more about King/Chris!!!!
May 13, 2017 1:39 PM

Dec 2008
Beautiful dance scene!
Charioce actually has a charming side.
I like Azazel and Nina's chemistry a bit better.

Where is Favarro?!
May 13, 2017 1:39 PM

Sep 2014
even so I miss fava and amira, this season is way better then the first.
Really nice ep. also the king was the guy nina likes? wooaah
"This emotion is mine alone.
It is for Madoka alone." - Homura
or how I would descripe Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica.
May 13, 2017 1:59 PM

Jun 2013
Nina's facial expressions are funny as usual and seriously though where(s my boy Favaro
May 13, 2017 2:10 PM
Mar 2016
Oh boy, Nina better realize that the hot guy she's with is Charioce ? So it looks like Maguro is Jeanne Arc's child, so is maguro a boy or a girl?
May 13, 2017 2:49 PM

Jan 2014
That moment when a studio decides to spend more budget on the animation of a dance, than other studios do on that of a whole cour,..
"I'm a middle schooler bartender!"
- Mishima Hitomi
May 13, 2017 3:00 PM

Jan 2017
6 episodes and still no Favaro....Guess his preparing himself for the greatest entrance 2017.
May 13, 2017 3:07 PM
Jan 2017
Am I the only one that doesn't care about Favaro? I liked him, but I like Nina even more.

I am so hyped for next episode. Feel bad that both Charioce and Azazel will probably both end up using Nina for her power. I think I know where this is going now.
May 13, 2017 3:43 PM

Mar 2008
Man.. season 1 was pretty good, but s2 has been a disappointment so far. Nina is pretty annoying and nothing is happening.. 6 episodes of the same "uhh, im so shy"-bullshit.
Just give us back Favaro and Amira already.. doesn't seem like the current characters are gonna cut it.
May 13, 2017 4:02 PM

Jan 2011
the dancing scenes were well made!
May 13, 2017 4:02 PM

Jun 2007
DatRandomDude said:
RIP Azazel's plan. Nina didnt blush this time when she saw Azazel during their talking.

Aye, I think there's a clear winner in the human vs. demon fate of the world love triangling. Azazel's gonna hafta force the issue. Rape tiem.

That aside, my favourite episode so far. Maybe. The movie animation and dance choreography was nice but what really did it for me was Nina's facial expressions and how she twists the blushing shoujoing I detest into her being one of the most entertaining character traits I've come across. She's like Favaro merged with a virginal maiden... or Favaro + Amira from S1 merged into one. Seeing her make those cat-derpy faces whilst being all pure is quite something. <3

Really happy that, unlike S1, this series has a proper start-to-finish story. I haven't even missed Favaro so far, which says it all. Hopefully he doesn't have an actual 'Luke Skywalker x Force Awakens' role left for him, though.

May 13, 2017 4:51 PM

Jun 2014
I can't wait for Favaro to show up in this season so everyone complaining about his absence can shut the fuck up. Seriously people, it's been 6 episodes. We have EIGHTEEN of these left. He'll show up eventually, when the time is right. I mean, he's listed as a main character for a reason. Even then, this story isn't even about him so of course he hasn't shown up yet.
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

May 13, 2017 5:02 PM

May 2014
Oh no, Nina!!!! :o
I'd have guessed that she'd fall for Charioce Chris at some point, just because of her little freak out in the ED song...but damn I didn't expect it to happen so soon. I was freaking out the entire time. This is not gonna end well.
Dance sequence was jaw dropping though!

Find it weird how she could dance with the King without turning into a dragon, when hugging Azazel made her do so. I dunno, maybe she just finds Azazel hotter lmao
Seriously though, there could be a few reasons...maybe the ring Charioce gave her is affecting the dragon thing or perhaps Azazel being a hot demon has something to do with her transformations?

Either way, there's something going on because she was suddenly not affected by Azazel's hotness at all when he grabbed her face. Hmmm...

This is probably my favorite episode yet, and what I love about this season is that the romance becomes an integral part of the plot because of Nina's little weakness. In the first season, I just felt like the romance was just awkwardly plonked in the series.

But gosh Nina is like a female Sanji with her freak outs and inability to fight hot guys XD

Also laughed by ass off at Charioce's great seduction tool: a bell pepper.

Nobody can tell me that Rita and Bacchus are not total parents at this point!
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 13, 2017 5:22 PM

May 2014
Uncertainkitten said:
Am I the only one that doesn't care about Favaro? I liked him, but I like Nina even more.

Finally, someone who feels the same!
I thought Favaro was a fun dude but Nina is so great to watch and much more unique. We don't get many girls like her in anime imo...so having her as the MC makes the whole thing even better^^
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 13, 2017 5:23 PM

May 2014
Episode 6 was definitely another great episode. It's always good to have times when the plot is moving forward and we see the characters interacting in a different way than usual.
My personal favorite part was the dancing scene, wow!
May 13, 2017 6:48 PM
Apr 2010
i must be retarded, didn't figure out it was king in previous episodes
May 13, 2017 6:53 PM

May 2010
So there is some other, more gentle side to the king - thank god! Still, I doubt this is gonna go anywhere, I doubt that romance could stop him from killing/enslaving demons. Well, it was still quite a nice episode, felt like Disney's Aladdin a bit. And animation of dance sequence was just juicy as hell <3

Btw, did Nina friendzone Azazel? Before she'd be emabrassed after encounter like that, but after her date with Chris she was more like "wtf do you want from me" :>
May 13, 2017 10:08 PM

Oct 2012
valvravetruth said:
Omg Nina eyes straight with Azazel and no feeling? Nina and (king)Chris's romance might be short live, by looking at final pv,
Yeah that sucks, but at the same time I'm all for it because looking at Nina and Jeanne d'Arc interactions, it seems it'll be an awesome experience
"If I don't have to do it, I won't. If I have to do it, I'll make it quick."
- Oreki Houtarou
May 13, 2017 11:49 PM

May 2016
the dance part was so beautiful..
also charioce smiling after nina eating the banana and all of those sweet interactions between these two during festivals are giving me diabetes..

"she's got a big chest for a brat" lol bacchus for best dad
May 13, 2017 11:53 PM
Jul 2018
Strawberrycake48 said:
Uncertainkitten said:

Finally, someone who feels the same!
I thought Favaro was a fun dude but Nina is so great to watch and much more unique. We don't get many girls like her in anime imo...so having her as the MC makes the whole thing even better^^

Hey, hey, hey. Why am not invited in the party? Haha.

Ok, it's so reassuring to hear this. Nina is hilarious. I accepted her fun character since the start of the season.
Oh, btw, I totally feel her reactions towards ikemens.
May 14, 2017 3:03 AM

Jan 2015
Whoa, the Ikemen from werstling match earlier is come for the help. And Nina trying to payback for his help by asking him to visit her food stall. Nice job, Nina.
And thanks to Bacchus' reccomendaion, Nina get to experience a night full of joy she can barely "hold" so far.
[url=http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Mascera&sclick=1]convert gambar online
May 14, 2017 3:14 AM

Dec 2013
This relationship isn't gonna end well. Charioce isn't the type to give up his ambitions for a girl, so I do not look forward to Nina finding out exactly who he is.

Next episode is gonna be great.
HESTIAAPPROVES
May 14, 2017 5:32 AM

Apr 2012
I can't believe people are still whining to get Favaro and Amira back. And they are going to suspend watching this show because it has other characters as mains. Come on, although this is a different story, it can be equally good.
As for me I like s2 better than s1.

But... Although I'm on pins and needles every week to watch the new ep, I was a bit disappointed this time. Ok, it also was a good ep with exceptional graphics, but I'm sad Nina prefers the King. It was by the way interesting that she didn't transform into a dragon. And why didn't she blush upon seeing Azazel anymore? :( I'm shipping Azazel and Nina so hard. Their relationship would be much more interesting and as they are from the same race more or less they are matching each other much better.
I'm afraid Azazel's plans are doomed to fail. But I think he should have elaborated his plans to her. I hope he will be reflecting upon it and would be more careful in the future.

And why is that people are mixing up the letters constantly in some of the character's names?
Like the letters in Mugaro, Charioce, Jeanne D'arc.
May 14, 2017 6:11 AM

Jan 2010
I'm not really liking Nina's build, I know this is kind of a curse she has, but her actions do not look different from those of a pervert
For me, there is still a more solid plot for anime, because if you continue in this dispute of Azazel trying to take revenge and the King trying to end it ...
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the
May 14, 2017 6:44 AM

Dec 2016
I like how the show is making us feel by showing both sides of King Charioce and Azazel. They're both only doing what they feel is right for their people through misguided principles. Reminds me of GoT. Nothing is ever black or white, just various shades of grey.
May 14, 2017 7:04 AM

Oct 2008
Damn! no action for this episode!
Just full of Nina blushing and her date with Chris (charioce)
Imminent attack by Azazel is near!
Dance part NOT in CG was well done tbh...
4/5.

May 14, 2017 7:54 AM

Nov 2011
Although most of the time, Nina's embarrassed face was seen, the episode worked well for the storyline and interpersonal relationships between the characters. So the handsome boy was no other than the king, sin, I thought he would be an antagonist in the war between demons and humanity, or gods. I'm curious to know at the earliest, where the places portrayed in the anime reside, are really impressing. The quality of the drawings is good, as well as facial reactions, but the backgrounds, are exceptional in their beauty. <3
May 14, 2017 8:22 AM

Jan 2014
OK but this is like the only airing series I always look forward to rn.
Opening up to cgi people, nvm this series is cancelled.
Wow Nina is so cute she getting free loafs of bread
MY GIRL NINA BE GETTING ALL THE MEAT
tretijMay 14, 2017 8:30 AM
May 14, 2017 9:42 AM

Jan 2013
Maybe she can overcome turning into a dragon when she actually falls in love, otherwise how would she ever have babies.
Great episode as usual, keeping up the impressive animation.
May 14, 2017 10:07 AM

Sep 2009
This ep remainded me a lot about S1 ep. 1 with similar scenes with Favaro and Amira.
May 14, 2017 6:45 PM

Oct 2016
This is where I get off the ride. A girl gets attacked by slavers, but she can't fight back because she's... attracted to the men attacked her. I wanna say that again. A girl is kicked and grabbed by the collar, and all she can think about is just how CUTE her attempted rapists are.

No. Stuff that noise. Maybe this is a cultural thing and a Japanese audience doesn't mind, but this offends me on a level that I just can't forgive.

Dropped like the fist of the north star
May 15, 2017 10:14 AM
Dec 2016
Talcon said:
This is where I get off the ride. A girl gets attacked by slavers, but she can't fight back because she's... attracted to the men attacked her. I wanna say that again. A girl is kicked and grabbed by the collar, and all she can think about is just how CUTE her attempted rapists are.

No. Stuff that noise. Maybe this is a cultural thing and a Japanese audience doesn't mind, but this offends me on a level that I just can't forgive.

It's not that she couldnt fend then off its that she would have turned into a dragon in front of a bunch of people (she evensaid herself that she hates her body for reacting the way it did). And if this is what offends then I don't know how you can watch anime
May 15, 2017 11:45 AM

Jul 2014
Talcon said:

But sexual arousal really works in oft mysterious, not exactly desirable or sensible way (danger is arousing too, doesn't equal consent), and if she is aroused enough she turns into a rampaging dragon. I'd say that it's a good thing to show the downside of her power.

Nina's state is not entirely safe or cute, she has a problem and a big one, it's been stated. She is also a problem for others.
May 15, 2017 12:36 PM

Oct 2016
theilikepie said:
And if this is what offends then I don't know how you can watch anime

I don't watch bad anime. I will continue to watch good anime that don't do silly things like this.

deadoptimist said:

But sexual arousal really works in oft mysterious, not exactly desirable or sensible way (danger is arousing too, doesn't equal consent), and if she is aroused enough she turns into a rampaging dragon. I'd say that it's a good thing to show the downside of her power.

Nina's state is not entirely safe or cute, she has a problem and a big one, it's been stated. She is also a problem for others.

I get that 16-year-olds going through puberty can be pretty darn horny, but if you kick a girl in the stomach and grab her by the collar, I'm pretty sure she stops being aroused. Pretty sure. I'm not going to double check on that one.
May 15, 2017 2:24 PM

Jul 2014
Talcon said:
I get that 16-year-olds going through puberty can be pretty darn horny, but if you kick a girl in the stomach and grab her by the collar, I'm pretty sure she stops being aroused. Pretty sure. I'm not going to double check on that one.

He kicked her in the shoulder actually.
From what I know, female arousal is indeed not terribly in line with reason, which wouldn't normally be a problem, but not for Nina.
I think it's sort of realistic that she didn't switch into a serious mode right away, but we see her inactive in a few moments when she is confused what to do. It's also important that Nina knows she is stronger than a normal human, she picks up fights, the danger for her is smaller that it would've been for a human girl. I mean, she may think that a small beating is better than attracting attention to her other form and tearing through city, but that woud've probably lasted for one hit.

They did stretch the joke too far and too thin, but Nina's life wasn't safe and reasonable to begin with. She is a 16-year old girl who thinks she is more clever than she is in a big slimy city. She is involved with Azazel, a demon guerilla and an asshole, who has been trying to use her for several episodes - is that not bad? It's not that 16-y.o. women are immune to violence too, unfortunately.
The first season was playing with some questionable topics as well - Amira is a beautiful woman with a child mentality, for example, it's a well-known fetish. Both seasons of Bahamut are dark fantasy, both use sexual appeal of their characters a lot.

I don't see this scene as a big moral mess-up on the part of the writers or much of a change from the rest of the series. I wouldn't drop an entertaining high-budget show because of it (or one misstep), but it's your choice, of course.
May 15, 2017 3:40 PM

Oct 2016
deadoptimist said:

I don't see this scene as a big moral mess-up on the part of the writers or much of a change from the rest of the series. I wouldn't drop an entertaining high-budget show because of it (or one misstep), but it's your choice, of course.

To me, this isn't a case of the writers being misogynistic or making light of domestic abuse. I believe the writers said "We need to create a situation where the emperor comes to her rescue, but she's so overpowered and we need to put her in a position of weakness". And that there were too incompetent to realize how utterly disgusting what they made was. It tells me the authors will write anything - just anything - in order to move the plot along, even if it doesn't make sense or is offensive.

I don't even believe a situation like this will ever come up again, but the writers have already outed themselves as dunces. It's over. The suspension of disbelief has been gutted. I cannot come back after this.
May 15, 2017 4:12 PM

Jul 2014
Talcon said:
how utterly disgusting what they made was.

That's the part I don't understand. It's consistent with the character, it's consistent with the tone, it's consistent with the story (she picked a fight with them earlier), it's not unrealistic.

I agree that making her a damsel in destress for a knight to rescue is too tropey, though I also have a feeling that it kinda was the point and maybe not unironic, since all of their date is ridiculously like a young girl's dream. Bahamut may not be always tasteful, but it is mostly self-conscious enough, which is one of the main reasons I watch it.
May 15, 2017 5:07 PM

Oct 2016
deadoptimist said:

it's not unrealistic.

I do not agree for one second that there has ever been, ever, at any point in history, a 16-year-old girl who could be pushed, kicked, and grabbed, all the while maintaining sexual arousal, outside of those with masochistic tendencies. Since Nina is not portrayed as a masochist, I have to call this inconsistent with her character.
May 15, 2017 7:07 PM
Jan 2017
hmm so I discovered something watching the PV 3

Edit: Looks like someone already mentioned this lol
UncertainkittenMay 16, 2017 1:20 PM
May 15, 2017 10:18 PM

Mar 2013
Cute episode. I really liked the dancing scene :D they had a lot of fun together.

Seems Nina didn't blush when she came face to face with Azazel, and she's developing more feelings for the Chariose; Chariose has a slight interest in Nina.
Not sure how that's gonna turn out in the end though :/
May 16, 2017 9:38 AM

Nov 2016
Had to rewatch this episode due to the cuteness :D Their dance was too nice.

But I'm still worried that Nina eventually will get her heart broken.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

May 17, 2017 5:12 AM

Apr 2016
Talcon said:
deadoptimist said:

it's not unrealistic.

I do not agree for one second that there has ever been, ever, at any point in history, a 16-year-old girl who could be pushed, kicked, and grabbed, all the while maintaining sexual arousal, outside of those with masochistic tendencies. Since Nina is not portrayed as a masochist, I have to call this inconsistent with her character.

It is indeed. It was weak. The writer wasn't really well inspired here.
May 21, 2017 5:06 PM

Jan 2011
this shows dance scenes are a 10/10

Talcon said:

it looked to me that they were trying to beat her up (an well they dont have the strenght to hurt her) an not raping her, this show doesnt look like type to have a rape attempt
May 23, 2017 12:17 PM
Feb 2016
I love this episode! Nina is so cute, and the dance was amazing.
I really want to see where the story is going
May 27, 2017 4:37 PM
Apr 2014
Oh shit. Didn't expect that random guy to be the king... That's not good. If he finds out what Nina really is she has a big problem and at the same time Azazel will go to her that evening and now the fucking king has both his problems right in front of him served on a silver platter >.< Well if Nina doesn't transform before that already.

This won't end well for at least one of the two.

Honestly though I'm surprised Bacchus didn't recognize the king when he was staring into his face

Hmm seems I misunderstood. Apparently Azazels attack was on the following day. Still doubt that will end well.
Jun 15, 2017 1:05 PM

Jul 2009
I wonder why Charioce go around in town as "Chris", seems like he wants to know his people better, maybe he is not such a bad guy...
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Shingeki no Bahamut: Virgin Soul Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 29, 2017

316 by Xxbrunoguerra »»
Mar 12, 6:51 PM

Poll: » Shingeki no Bahamut: Virgin Soul Episode 20 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Sep 1, 2017

99 by latght »»
Dec 12, 2023 4:06 PM

» When does this epic series return?

NexCore - Apr 7, 2022

8 by GraviticF7L »»
Oct 7, 2023 7:20 PM

Poll: » Shingeki no Bahamut: Virgin Soul Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jun 30, 2017

112 by HagePotPotato »»
Sep 21, 2023 3:45 PM

» A Question..

L-Lawliet7 - Feb 9, 2023

2 by Aotfangirl »»
Feb 15, 2023 6:16 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.