Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Oct 28, 2016 7:24 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Lol Easy freaked out. What a girl.

I thought episode was pretty entertaining. Amusing conversations, aerial flight segments, and comedy in Drifters style. I think they had more comedy than usual though. Olminu got more screentime :D, quite an underrated character. I find it kinda amusing how the Drifters responded about the Ends as well, such confidence! Also found it interesting at the way Shimazu tried to get the elves to fight back for their land.

I expect the bigger battles to erupt soon.
Stark700Oct 28, 2016 7:48 AM
Oct 28, 2016 8:05 AM
May 2015
So the Black King is Jesus himself. Holy Shit.
Oct 28, 2016 8:10 AM

Jan 2012
So....is the Black King meant to be Jesus or something? Feels like it...anyway, time for Nobunaga's group to lead the elves in rebellion against Orte. Wonder if they'll rescue the Elven women too eventually. Speaking of, Olminu's big, beautiful tits should be fondled every episode! XD
Oct 28, 2016 8:21 AM

Feb 2015
Finally an episode that was mostly funny for me. The language barrier is finally gone so they can now work together with the elves.
Poor Yoichi, all that hard work.

Nobunaga probably doesn't meet a lot of females since he got to this world, so he's gonna grope Olmine any chance he can get. XD

SchwingBonerOct 28, 2016 8:37 AM
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 28, 2016 8:22 AM

Apr 2014
I guess Jesus is evil. I want to see him walk on water.

That face though

Oct 28, 2016 8:33 AM

May 2012
Glad others had the same thought as me. Friggin Jesus, man

Seeing Yoichi get depressed over those charms was great

A bit of a slower episode, but I think I liked it more than the others. I wanna see them elves go back to being a proud race.

Liking Olmine and this group's relationship lol

Oct 28, 2016 8:42 AM

Dec 2014
Good episode again, Mostly kind of buildup but it was very hype inducing.

Yeah, As everyone stated above even I'm leaning towards the fact that the Black King is possibly Jesus.

Two epic speeches in one episode. XD
First Oda about what Overlords truly are and then Toyohisa questioning the pride of elves, Loved both of them.
Interesting plan Oda put forward though, Support the drifters in conquest. Though he was already planning that since the beginning. xD

Hilarious how Oda calls Olmine 'Oppai Megane', That boob grab though. XD

Hype inducing ending, Can't wait to see the slaughter.
Oct 28, 2016 9:05 AM

Dec 2015
It would be really interesting to see the three of them go against that empire and slowly create a land for themselves, there will be so many big battles in the future, but first I wanna see how the elves will do in a fight.
"At some point, I stopped hoping."
Oct 28, 2016 9:14 AM

Aug 2016
Thiis episode was pretty boring, but episode 5 seems promising :D
Nanika ga Okashii
Oct 28, 2016 9:22 AM

Oct 2015
The comedy is pretty good in this episode and doesn't seen as awkward.
rizuxizuOct 28, 2016 9:26 AM
Oct 28, 2016 9:24 AM

Jul 2014
Awful episode, absolutely fucking terrible. Comedy is still as unfunny as ever (other than that scene right at the start of episode), and this time it was at the forefront rather than in the background in small doses.

Very disappointing.
Oct 28, 2016 9:28 AM

Nov 2014
The comedy is getting worse and worse.

I have no problem with Hellsing's comedy and even enjoyed it why the hell do I find Drifter's comedy so cringe worthy !? It feels so out of place. But Im still liking this show so far.
Oct 28, 2016 9:41 AM
May 2016
this was mostly a build up episode but it was pretty good

the comedy is also better in this episode than the others
cant wait to see ma boy oda going in

edit : i think we can call this episode a " calm before the storm " episode
JellyBeans_GuyOct 28, 2016 11:57 AM
Oct 28, 2016 9:59 AM
The Komori

Mar 2013
The comedy in this episode was 10/10 LMFAOOOOOOOO

Other than that, it was a nice build up episode for both sides but mainly for our main trio....Looking forward to seeing some heads fly next week
Oct 28, 2016 10:14 AM

Apr 2016
It seems there is a plot after all. The japanese drifters with the Elves will fight against humans instead of ally with them to fight against the ends. Will the elves ally with the shitty humans to fight the ends or will the elves ally with the ends to exterminate fucking persecutor racist humanity? How many human overlords are there? Are they all semi-humans persecutors?

Ist Jesus not on the good side after all?

Will they send Che Guevara on the ends side?

Will they send Martin Luther King to make peace?

And above all ... where will the "k'rrRRRrrreeee" japanese find fuel K'rrreee?
Oct 28, 2016 10:22 AM

Sep 2014
So a bit too dominant comedy but hell. This could become my season favorite!
Everytime the 2 in the hallway are talking I expect Alucard to show up ^^ Maybe as an easter egg? pls!
"This emotion is mine alone.
It is for Madoka alone." - Homura
or how I would descripe Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica.
Oct 28, 2016 10:29 AM

Sep 2011
the comedy worked much better this episode than the past 3, next week is going to be hype.

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Oct 28, 2016 10:31 AM

Jan 2016
Comedy was more tolerable this time. Quite a slow-ish pace, next episode will be the episode before the half-way mark if this is just one cour. I hope it will be more than that to flesh out the characters.
Oct 28, 2016 10:45 AM

Jun 2015
The crazy trio did well this episode. I'm glad they got more screentime than last week. I can't wait for the next episode it looks promising.
If you are going to disagree with me, don't bother talking to me. I will seriously hurt you!
Oct 28, 2016 10:49 AM

May 2010
The comedy of this show is so bad............
meh ep, nothing much happened
Oct 28, 2016 11:10 AM

Feb 2014
Pretty much a build-up episode for next week, but it was a good one at that.

The comedy, although hit and miss for some, worked much better here than in the episodes before it. It had me laughing quite often, especially when Nobunaga groped Olmine's boob. XD

The Black King is someone to be feared though. He can heal up his army with ease, so taking him down will be difficult.

Next week should be the return of the gory action I hope. Looking forward to it. =)
Oct 28, 2016 11:10 AM
Former AMQ God

Sep 2014
STOP WITH THE COMEDY! Wow, if i didn't speculate already if this anime is serious or not, then i definitely think it's not meant to be taken seriously by now.

Please full force action next episode.
Oct 28, 2016 11:12 AM

Sep 2014
Yeah,I also believe that Black King is Jesus himself.A build-up episode that had to do mostly with the elves,but I think it was the worst episode so far in the series.I hope next week it will be more interesting.
Oct 28, 2016 11:28 AM

Nov 2014
Is it just me or did that episode not have an opening?
Seriously you just wait for the opening to come so you can enjoy it and then stop watching the episode but then end up waiting for 20 minutes.
It's pretty sad that the only good part of Drifters was absent from this episode.
Oct 28, 2016 11:31 AM

May 2014
That cliffhanger ;_;

I knew all the Ends hating the world would make sense- I mean I can't really blame Joan of Arc and Hijikata for that tbh. Also had my suspicions about the Black Lord dude either being Hitler or Jesus...the marks of stigmata do indeed confirm that it's Jesus.

Also I hope Naoshi is okay bc I liked him instantly...he can prolly hold his own outside of a helicopter, but he's obviously not gonna be on the combat level of many of the other Drifters who are primarily martial artists and swordsmen etc. but maybe I'll eat those words.

I guess we'll see next week!
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 28, 2016 11:35 AM

Sep 2016
i laughed so hard i choked on my spit.

Do not take life too seriously.
You will never get out of it alive.

Oct 28, 2016 11:40 AM

Jul 2007
Black King's identity seems to be friggin obvious considering what he did this episode and what he said this episode(not to mention visual cues).

The comedy also was brilliant. Don't know what people are talking about, as this was the most perfect in terms of comedy when compared to previous episodes which had divisive mood shifts. Pretty much lost it as Jiangshi joke with Yoichi and talisman.

Nobunaga's demon lord jokes and the way he uses humor to hide his emotional scars over loss of his son and to disperse a tense situation, were also very well placed

5/5 for the episode
Oct 28, 2016 11:49 AM

Jun 2014
I wouldn't be surprised if the Black King is Jesus, all of the Ends seem to be historical figures that were wrongly and/or prematurely killed, and Jesus is definitely considered one of the prime examples of that.

At this point I'm not even going to complain about the comedy anymore, I'll just sound like a broken record. It was a bit more fitting in this episode because there wasn't much going on, but I still didn't care for it.
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Oct 28, 2016 11:51 AM

Jan 2014
The Black King is Jesus, plain as day.
But my only question is...

WHICH JESUS THO??

Obviously he can't be Catholic Jesus, since The Passion was all planned out. He KNEW he was gonna get rejected, betrayed, suffer loads then eventually get killed, so it couldnt be him since BK changed his mindset AFTER being rejected. OG J-man took the whole deal like a champ.

I was leaning towards Protestant Jesus since he was just another dude on their book, but then he suddenly has healing powers -_-

Either the author made up his own Jesus or didn't actually read the Bible or is basing it off of the Jesus from Saint Young Men.
Oct 28, 2016 12:06 PM

Apr 2011
I didn't enjoy the comedy aspect but it was a nice episode
Oct 28, 2016 12:07 PM

Oct 2011
Given the pacing I'm starting to doubt they'd reach the last translated chapter of the manga even if it continued for 24 episodes. Anyway, I'm waiting for when they attack the rape castle

Oct 28, 2016 12:43 PM

Sep 2013
Jesus and Rasputin are bad guys now :'(
Nobunaga lets Toya=hisa be he leader while he calls the shots from behind, the elves now have a backbone again.

Ayye, that classic Hirano comedy :)

Oct 28, 2016 2:13 PM

Sep 2015
Very good dynamic so far. A nice transition after an action packed episode. I really like all the hints and subtle (and not so subtle) details.

The universality of humour is questionable. If you do not like the comedy and it affects your experience in a negative way, why are you still watching? Four episodes into the anime. The overall tone of the series has already been established. The comedy is not going to change. The author has his own distinctive style, what did you expect? The adaptation itself is brilliant, but it's not surprise, considering the experienced staff and that most of them worked with Hirano in the past.

Oct 28, 2016 2:57 PM

Jun 2013
I like Nobunaga. His idea to take the army by force if they aren't responding to requests was cool. And despite having actual experience in ruling, he prefers to stay back and puts Toyohisa forward so that he can control things from behind the scenes. He's a cool guy. And now they're starting things off by reclaiming the elven lands which were taken over by the humans .

The Ends are those who don't have any humanity in them and are working to erase humankind from this place wherever it is. And they're probably like that because they were heroes who weren't treated as such and were betrayed by humanity or something. I don't know the stories of those people, but oppai megane's story kinda gives this conclusion. The Drifters are those who were probably revered as heroes by all or something so they still have their humanity and are therefore most likely to try and save humans or whatever in opposition to the Ends.

Things get pretty cool when Toyohisa and the others are involved since they're all badasses, but things also get incredibly unfunny. Toyohisa and the others will be gathering their army while the illuminati will be tracking down the escaped Drifters and stop them from meeting the Japanese friends. Expecting a bloodbath next week as Toyohisa will be taking heads off.
Oct 28, 2016 3:35 PM

Jul 2013
This has even more awkward comedy than Hellsing, lol. Not that I dislike it, in fact, I like it precisely because how stupid and out of place is. Olmine is also best girl for the moment.

This was a build up episode, but we more or less learn the (obvious) identity of the Black King and next episode looks like we will have a lot of fight scenes. Cannot wait for it.

Kinda dissapointed with Rasputin's design. He needs a beard. Otherwhise, he is fine.
Oct 28, 2016 4:27 PM

Sep 2015
Aww not enough action this episode.
Oct 28, 2016 4:44 PM

Sep 2009
That was boring
Next one surely better
Oct 28, 2016 4:53 PM

Jun 2013
the comedy was weird but funny
Oct 28, 2016 5:00 PM

May 2015
With a cliffhanger like that, I am super excited for the slaughterfest that will be next episode
Oct 28, 2016 5:17 PM

May 2015
A lot more comedy than usual, but enjoyable nonetheless. Not a bad build-up episode.

Oct 28, 2016 5:17 PM
Oct 2014
Oh fuck! The black king is Jesus
Oct 28, 2016 5:38 PM
Towel Attendant

Dec 2014
4 Eyed Boobie.....now that is a name. Not a bad information episode.
Oct 28, 2016 6:43 PM

Jun 2013
Idk, but im still not sold on this yet, the characters arent that interesting and every time the plot begins to get interesting we get more stupid comic relief.
Oct 28, 2016 7:00 PM
Mar 2016
good episode, i like a bit that comedy ...

Conversation about Oda Nobutada and Toyohisa's father seem weird for me
Oct 28, 2016 7:31 PM

Sep 2011
SakurasouBusters said:
Idk, but im still not sold on this yet, the characters arent that interesting and every time the plot begins to get interesting we get more stupid comic relief.

I both agree and disagree. I felt the series started off extremely poorly with an extraordinarily shitty first episode, but it has slowly been redeeming itself over time. The art direction has steadily been getting better, the voice actors have settled into their roles, and the plot is finally somewhat clear with its direction. The comedy itself is pleasant to watch due to its style, but it is very very poorly placed. That kind of comedy really works because everything is really serious and then these hardass characters break down into complete clowns, but the frequency of it has some extremely steep diminishing returns. The show is good, but it is walking a very fine line where one wrong mistake could send it tumbling, and because it is spending so much energy walking that fine line it can't make itself better.
Oct 28, 2016 7:46 PM

Dec 2015
Resident sleeper, expecting Ep 5 to be directed by Michael Bay. Nothing flows in this series, boobs, femboys, comedy.

Interesting how they decided to drop the Elven language this early in the series as well, they should have just not gone with it to begin with if it was hindering the plotline.
~
Oct 28, 2016 9:31 PM

Dec 2014
well these drifters are sure interesting... can't wait ofr the next episode
Oct 28, 2016 10:29 PM

Jan 2013
I love everything about this anime.
Oct 29, 2016 12:41 AM

Mar 2013
The episode was good. The comedy was alright too.
Oct 29, 2016 3:02 AM

Jun 2007
Jesus didn't handle rejection very well.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Drifters Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Oct 21, 2016

205 by nick_el_son »»
Jan 19, 9:39 AM

Poll: » Drifters Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Dec 23, 2016

167 by JackFrost1267 »»
Jan 3, 9:47 PM

Poll: » Drifters Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Dec 9, 2016

119 by MizuhoKamui »»
Dec 16, 2023 8:44 AM

Poll: » Drifters Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Nov 11, 2016

129 by MizuhoKamui »»
Dec 15, 2023 6:38 PM

Poll: » Drifters Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 16, 2016

81 by fathandz »»
Dec 10, 2023 1:04 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.