Forum Settings
Forums
New
Sep 15, 2015 2:45 AM

Feb 2012
The end of the current season draws near as Fall 2015 is fast approaching. It's this time of the season again where we look back at what Summer 2015 has offered. Alrighty! Place your favorite bets as to what show kneaded your full interest, attention and enjoyment to claim the title as "AOTS - [Anime of the season]" and state the reason why by answering the questions below.

Please DO ANSWER the questions below, don't just vote

QUESTIONS:
[b]a.] Name your current Top five Best favotite so far and state why you chose them being the first as your poll vote.
b.] What Summer 2015 TV series became your guilty-pleasure?
c.] What show do you think out of all the 24-minute contenders didn't perform well over-all?
d.] What show do you think was underrated?
e.] What show are you currently disliking right now and why?
f.] What show do you think is the most overrated this season and why?
g.] Overall, What do you think of this season so far?

Please note that shows under the 20-24 minute benchmark/ONAs/OVAs/Specials will not appear and will not be included in the poll

Previous Season's TALLY:
WINTER 2015
SPRING 2015
Altaria-chanSep 15, 2015 3:58 AM
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Sep 15, 2015 2:52 AM

Apr 2014
a. 1. Gansta
2. Prison School
3. Monster Musume
4. Shimoneta
5. Durarara!!x2 Ten
b. I don't have a guilty pleasure.
c. Chaos Dragon
d. Ranpo Kitan: Game of Laplace
e. Chaos Dragon, it has a somewhat interesting plot, but it lacks in character development and has really bad CGI which makes it even worse.
f. Rokka no Yuusha, The characters are standard in my opinion and the CGI is really bad.
g. I like this season, quite a good shows.
Sep 15, 2015 2:55 AM
*hug noises*

May 2013
a)
1. To LOVE-Ru Darkness 2nd
2. Gakkou Gurashi
3. Shimoneta to Iu Gainen ga Sonzai Shinai Taikutsu na Sekai
4. Fate/kaleid liner Prisma☆Illya 2wei Herz
5. Overlord

b)
Bikini Warriors. Really there is no way this anime should have turned out as entertaining as it did but yeah, there you go :>

c)
Chaos Dragon: Sekiryuu Seneki is the biggest mess I've seen in forever. Total garbage in every way
God Eater also started absolutely horribly but at least it's gotten slightly better since the beginning (though it still sucks too)

d)
Classroom☆Crisis. I'm not going to lie, the first five or so episodes of this anime sucked. Like really they were boring and uninteresting as hell. But then... something happened, and suddenly the anime has actually gotten really good thanks to some stellar plot twists, excellent story progression and great character development. Oh and don't even get me started on the cliffhangers the last 2-3 weeks :3

e)
Chaos Dragon: Sekiryuu Seneki and God Eater for the aforementioned reasons, but also The iDOLM@STER Cinderella Girls 2nd Season due to being an utter mess of a drama which is a huge embarrassment in comparison to the original iDOLM@STER, and Aoharu x Kikanjuu for having a plot with more holes than a swiss cheese, plus the blatant fujoshi bait of course

f)
Gangsta by far. I really don't see anything special about this anime at all and I never have. The story is uninteresting, the characters are incredibly boring and the entire show feels like it pretends to be mature, yet it still has crap like DBZ-esque action scenes with people fighting with dual-wield katanas up-side-down in mid-air, jumping up and down buildings like fucking ninjas and god knows what else. Realistic my ass

g)
Honestly, Summer seasons have a tendency to be pretty lackluster, but this season is actually very solid overall. Whether it's actually better than Spring or not is debatable, but it's certainly up there. Fall looks a lot worse in comparison ironically enough
Sep 15, 2015 3:28 AM

Oct 2013
a.] 1. gangsta
2. prison school (where is it on the list?)
3. overlord
b.] prison school
c.] God Eater
d.] /
e.] God eater, just watched 2 episodes. It's so blant
f.] /
g.] Only one that saved it (a little) was gangsta imo
Sep 15, 2015 3:30 AM
*hug noises*

May 2013
Le_Kris said:
prison school (where is it on the list?)
Kangoku Gakuen = Prison School
Sep 15, 2015 3:33 AM
♡( •ॢ◡-ॢ)✧˖° ♡

Dec 2014
a.] Name your current Top five Best favotite so far and state why you chose them being the first as your poll vote.

1. Joukamachi no Dandelion = Incredibly hilarious and entertaining, also has pretty good character design
2. Rokka no Yuusha
3. Non Non Biyori
4. Gakkou Gurashi
5. Gate

Fate/kaleid liner Prisma☆Illya 2wei Herz. This show is hilarious and has great battle scenes but also...well...lewd as heck

c.] What show do you think out of all the 24-minute contenders didn't perform well over-all?
Dragon Ball Super. Only has few battles, and that battle animation/art is rather disappointing. Not what I've expected from the usual Dragon Ball, well, I still love it though.

Joukamachi no Dandelion, it's ranked around 2500-2700 th. Usually an anime within that rank is mediocre, and not very entertaining. But Dandelion is so enjoyable at every episode and incredibly funny.

Prison School, Incredibly scary and turning-off, full of demonic-women. I thought I've seen living hell. Ugh....this show is a big no for me. Serve me right for randomly picking the anime and stepping on a land mine.

Shimoneta. I don't see anything interesting in this anime other than being very wacky and a bit funny

This season has surprising anime, like Rokka no Yuusha, Gakkougurashi, and Dandelion, I've never expected them to be unexpectedly interesting and enjoyable. Definitely a great season.

(っ◔◡◔)っ 𝓘 𝔀𝓲𝓼𝓱 𝔂𝓸𝓾 𝓪𝓵𝓵 𝓱𝓪𝓿𝓮 𝓪 𝔀𝓸𝓷𝓭𝓮𝓻𝓯𝓾𝓵 𝓭𝓪𝔂 ♥
Sep 15, 2015 3:37 AM

Jul 2012
Ugh, haven't watched enough to make a top 5 or even answer all of these questions.

The most impressive first episode was Rokka no Yuusha and Aoharu x Kikanjuu.
The one I have the most high hopes for is Aoharu x Kikanjuu.
The two that have surprised me the most are Prison School and Jokumachi no Dandelion because I didn't expect to like either of this otaku pandering bullshit but turns out, they're both super creative and funny.
A show I was hyped for but hated it after it aired is Ranpo Kitan because it's just really disappointing and uninteresting.
A show I tried out but hated it at first glance is Charlotte and Ufotable-- I mean God Eater. I dropped the latter because it just looks like shit and I hate action anime as well as ufotable.
A few shows that have gotten fair ratings and are consistent are: Working!! - romance development is top notch btw, Junjou Romantica - actually better than shitty season 2, and Akagami no Shirayuki-hime which is fairly good.
A show I don't know why I continue watching is Umaru-chan. I don't know. It's kind of cute sometimes and I love her character design.
I also started Gangsta but I haven't finished the first episode. I'm not really interest at the moment.
Sep 15, 2015 3:39 AM

Jul 2014
a.]
1. Working!!!
2. NNB Repeat
3. Wakaba*Girl
4. Himouto! Umaru-Chan

(There is no 5, out of the remaining summer shows I'm watching, none of them are good enough to really be considered)

Working season 3 is the most consistent comedy, and is wrapping up the source material better than I expected.

b.] Monster Musume, I honestly quite hate the show but the hope of episodes centred around Papi or Doppel keeps me coming back only to be disappointed in 8/10 cases. The rest of the cast is garbage. The ecchi is bad. The voice acting and music mostly sucks. The comedy is mostly flat and stale, and the plot is constructed for the sake of bad ecchi.

c.]Rokka no Yuusha. Exactly the type of low-hanging fruit for slackjaws which poisons the fantasy genre; overly vibrant colour pallette, high fantasy with fetish mixed in, awful music by Elements Garden, self-important plot which is a sideshow to gimmickry. This type of show is everything wrong about anime.

d.] Wakaba*Girl is the most underrated. It's one of the best shorts I've seen, and is paying rating tax just for being a short - coupled with two weak opening episodes made this show one of the most underappreciated gems of the past decade.

e.] Monster Musume. Already mentioned why.

f.] Gangsta. Typical self-important 'alternative' anime pure-bred to pander to elitists and machismo-loving lowbrows. Tied with Charlotte, which Key uninspiredly shat out from nothing but contractual obligations. Also tied with Gakkou Gurashi - Which is to slice of life / cute girls what Highschool DxD is to ecchi. A show for insecure closet slice-of-life fans that don't want to admit to others what they like.

g.] Very poor season in quantity, very good season in quality; carried by Working!!! and NNB.
Red_TuesdaySep 15, 2015 3:42 AM
Sep 15, 2015 3:46 AM

May 2012
I voted to Rokka no Yuusha because I have to choose one, but there are many anime in this season as good as this

Here some my top anime

Prison School - Best comedy in this season
Gangsta
Charlotte - it got much better after episode 6
Gate
Overlord
Chaos Dragon - I don't know why people hating it. It is entertaining for me
Shimoneta to Iu Gainen
To LOVE-Ru Darkness 2nd
God Eater- I love Alisa
Monster Musume no Iru Nichijou
Aoharu x Kikanjuu - Love the reserve trap
Kuusen Madoushi
Fate/kaleid liner Prisma☆Illya 2wei Herz!
Senki Zesshou Symphogear GX - entertaining to watch girl fight while singing
Sep 15, 2015 3:51 AM

Sep 2014
Honestly, Monster Musume no Iru Nichijou. A huge exception in a genre I usually don't like.
Sep 15, 2015 4:07 AM

Jun 2014
a.] Name your current Top five Best favotite so far and state why you chose them being the first as your poll vote.
1. Ushio to Tora ( it is one of the best shows this summer, and reminds me a lot of previous great shonen series. Also I love the story and seiyuus are amazing.)
2. Gangsta
3. Gate
4. Durarara
5. Overlord
My guilty pleasure is Monster Musume, I don't know why I even watch it :D.
Chaos Dragon, neither the animation, nor the story are what I expected, and has some horrendous CGI.
Rokka no Yuusha.
Shimoneta - Really RETARDED. I had huge hopes for it, but with these dirty jokes, that don't even make sense it sucks REALLY BAD. I watched 7 episodes only because of Ana, if it wasn't for her, I probably would've dropped it at 3.
Gakkou Gurashi - I tried to watch it, but I don't get what people are so hyped about, some crazy girl is living in a world of her own, while in reality there are zombies. Not something that is Innovative in any way.
This season is great, a lot of great anime series, and time flew by really fast. I really can't complain about it. The next season will be even better.
Sep 15, 2015 4:19 AM

Feb 2012
UPDATED with threads from the previous seasons

It's my time to shine. Okay, Here's my choice of the best amongst the bestos.

1. Prison School a.k.a Kangoku Gakuen - Fun.Lewd.Crotch.Vagigi.Panty-shots.DirtyJokes.CaptivatingArt.Etc. Everything in this anime is just pure genuine knowledge of how to attract boiling male rods which turned out unexpectedly fucking wholesome and great.
2. GOD EATER - Don't hate me for this but holy shit, it's awesome for my tastes. I'm not a shounen-fag but i just love how it looks, sounds and everything. It doesn't seem to have any actual back-ground plot to begin with but they're doing a great job with it. PLUS ALISA's BOOBS. Never will i ignore HD 2D+cgi boobs in front of a screen.
3. Shimoneta - It may just seem like your typical generic fanservice shit about dirty jokes that's been recycled numerous times already but stop right here right now. It's not. Give this show a chance and you might get the best worthy laughable experience ever.
4. Ushio to tora - Nothing beats the good old nostalgia feels of the 2000's. Heck, even the 1990's
5. Charlotte - Just like my #2 pick, please don't hate my absolutely typical shitty taste for this. I love key as i gave a whooping 9 or 10 for their adaptation of Little Busters. It's pretentious and gimmicky at times but it'll get to it eventually.

PRISON SCHOOL, my reason above and UMARU-chan because i like cute little fucks.

Ranpo Kitan, definitely didn't expect that coming from a noitaminA show. I don't know but it doesn't feel right. I know it tries to deliver what it could but i guess for me its just meh.

Ushio To Tora, Watch this folks, You'll never regret.

Nothing.

Rokka No Yuusha and Overlord mainly because of the hype it gets (for the latter) and the replies it gets (for the former) which i can't comprehend for some reason. Well maybe for Rokka, yes it's understandable because of the very conflict that it tries to solve which turns out to be very gimmicky and pretentious.

Decent, On par with Spring.
Sep 15, 2015 4:37 AM

Jul 2013
a.] Name your current Top five Best favorite so far and state why you chose them being the first as your poll vote.

• Prison School
  • Durarara!!x2 Ten
  • Teekyuu 5
  • Monster Musume
  • Gangsta

None of them.

Most of them didn't.

None of them was.

Gakkou Gurashi! - Too much slice of life and too little zombies. No suspense whatsoever since almost every zombie encounter happened in flashbacks. The setting is ridiculous and the only reason this can lead to somewhere is if it forces some stupid shit.

Most of them are overrated.

Gangsta - The story is a letdown.
Non Non Biyori - Too high for a plotless slice of life comedy.
Overlord - Too high for a wish fulfillment show.
Gate - Same as above.
Shimoneta - Boring characters.
Rokka no Yuusha - The mystery became boring when one of the characters started to act way too suspiciously.
Gakkou Gurashi - See e.]
Himouto! - Same as NNB.
Monster Musume - Same as above.
Fate/kaleid - Way too many episode spent on pointless slice of life with fanservice.

Mediocre just like the last 4 seasons.
Sep 15, 2015 4:48 AM

Jan 2015
1a. My personal top 5 are
Prison School-Love the comedy and the characters and just different in the best of ways. Best use of school setting.
Rokka No Yuusha-Expected a save the world anime and received a great mystery with good pacing and tension.
Working!!!-Great continuation from the last two seasons.
Overlord-Kinda predictable but very entertaining and the world seems pretty cool.
God Eater-My kind of show with a unique art style and good animation. Plus quality underboob.

1b. Guilty Pleasure is definitely Himouto Umaru-chan. Didn't expect much but each episode is relatable in a sense and is very cute.

1c. One of the more underperforming anime, imo, was Chaos Dragon. Couldn't get into the world or the characters, which is saddening because I was excited for this one.

1d. Classroom Crisis for sure. It started off slow and it picked up pretty decently. Nagisa is one of my more favorite characters from this season.

1e. Anime I'm currently disliking-
Jitsua-comedy isn't sticking for me and not the best character designs imo. Plus the world isn't good.
Shimoneta-a bit too ridiculous at times for me and not enough hormonal decisions from our MC.
Aoharu-Takes itself way too seriously, unless that's the comedy of it? Idk, only saving grace is Yukimura.
Dragon Ball Super-Need I say more than Battle of Gods cash grab? And that animation.

1f. I don't know exactly what was hyped up and what not but the shows that I feel are overrated are Overlord and Gangta. Now I did mention that I like Overlord but the plot is very predictable imo, I mean there's never any tension or fear and for Gangsta....well it seems that there just could have been more. Both are enjoyable but not super stand outs. God Eater gets flak only because stupid fans don't do research and expected an anime based off of a video game to be amazing with it's plot and characters.

1g. I went into this season not expecting much and came out satisfied. Most of the anime are nothing special but are really enjoyable. For all the fanservice anime this season most of them hold up well. Though I feel some of the best airing anime right now are from spring; Shokugeki, Arslan and Baby Steps. Better than Winter but on par or worse than Spring.
Big Order (TV):great anime or greatest anime?
Sep 15, 2015 6:03 AM

Feb 2012
Le_Kris said:
a.] 1. gangsta
2. prison school (where is it on the list?)

Listed as Kangoku Gakuen
Sep 15, 2015 6:07 AM

Apr 2013
There is so much good stuff this season it's really hard to choose. I was looking forward to Monster Musume and Prison School, but Shimoneta and Overlord were surprisingly good.

I guess my vote goes to Monster Musume, because I've been waiting for that adaption for forever.
Sep 15, 2015 6:13 AM

Apr 2013
1. Himouto Umaru Chan
2. Prison School
3. Ushio to Tora (will probably be #1 after it ends)
4. Jitsu wa Watashi wa

5th place is tied between Non Non Biyori Repeat, Prisma Illya and Durarara
Sep 15, 2015 6:13 AM

Nov 2014
1) Prison School

2) Rokka (surprisingly)

3) Ushio

thats it.

Series that I liked at First:

Shimoneta started out great but got repetitive really quickly after 4 episodes

Gangsta got ruined for me by the super human powers tags

Overlord a big meh I like papa bones but the rest is meh not bad not great either.

Umaru is cancerous I got baited by the cute Umaru but she quickly turned into a bitch
Sep 15, 2015 6:26 AM

Jul 2015
1. Akagami no Shirayuki-hime
- I just fell in love with Shirayuki.
2 Shimoneta
3 Prison School
4 Overlord
5 Rokka no Yuusha

Sep 15, 2015 6:29 AM

Aug 2015
a.] Name your current Top five Best favorite so far and state why you chose them being the first as your poll vote.
1. Prison School-faithful to the manga, the comedy is just pure gold added with quality art.
2. Rokka no Yuusha
3. Non Non Biyori
4. Overlord
5. Sore ga Seiyuu (yeah I'm serious)

Prison School

Chaos Dragon

Sore ga Seiyuu, it focuses more on the side of voice acting industry which gives us an eye opener of how hard it is to be a VA. And it's just disappointing that only few recognizes this series.

Gakkou Gurashi, at first this is my primary bet as the AOTS but as time goes by, I mean just look at where this show is on my top 5, none even Sore ga seiyuu beats the shit out of this show as my favorite why:
1. They dragged the SOL too much, not on the same level as in the manga.
2. They cut too many important scenes just to come up with a filler swimming episode.
3. The mood of this show became less darker than in the manga which is kinda underwhelming because of putting too much SOL.

Charlotte, the 1st half is just a waste of time, added the Maeda bingo where every scene is to be expected on a Maeda show, in short nothing new.

Well it's fine at least.
MizunashiSep 15, 2015 6:39 AM
Sep 15, 2015 6:30 AM

Aug 2014
1. Gangsta and Overlord for a tied 1st place, they are both great and has some likeables MCs.
2. Aoharu x Kikanjuu is after those two, it's quite decent and I like all 3 main characters.
3. Afterwardly it would be DB Super. I'm currently enjoying the Battle of Gods arc more than it's movie counterpart
4. Charlotte I suppose, though the only thing I like about it is Nao.

Charlotte I guess, it's one helluva trainwreck lately but still somewhat enjoyable I suppose.

Easily Chaos Dragon Sekiryuu.

Not sure bout this.

Chaos Dragon Sekiryuu - it feels like the Akame ga Kill of 2015, characters dying left and right and most of the characters are generic and/or lack any form for depth + the characters who dies just leaves me thinking "...meh not like I got attached to him/her anyway".

Charlotte was quite hyped, so I guess that one?

Not the best, but not that bad either.
Sep 15, 2015 7:07 AM

Apr 2015
a. Name your current Top five Best favotite so far and state why you chose them being the first as your poll vote.
1. Rokka No Yuusha Is my favorite this season. I consider it to be worth a score around 7-8 depending on how it ties itself together at the end. It earns it's score by effectively merging mystery and action, though the identity of the 7th may be obvious to some, I found the solution to how they were trapped to be more intriguing and it delivered thoroughly on that. In regards to the characterization of each individual, there are some who received more spotlight than others however those who were In focus received enough. I can only hope that a second season Is coming so that these characters can become more complex In their behavior.
2. Arslan Senki
3. God Eater
4. Ushio To To
5. Gangsta

b. What Summer 2015 TV series became your guilty-pleasure?
I guess God Eater.
c. What show do you think out of all the 24-minute contenders didn't perform well over-all?
From what I've heard, Chaos Dragon Is a mess worse than Charlotte but because I've only watched 7 series this summer, It has to be Charlotte.
d. What show do you think was underrated?
Ushio To Tora. Would've said Rokka No Yuusha some time ago but it suddenly gained popularity.
e. What show are you currently disliking right now and why?
Charlotte, mostly because the first episode gave me the illusion that this could be exciting and I've watched it gradually devolve Into a trainwreck of conveniences.
f. What show do you think is the most overrated this season and why?
Overlord. Seeing the hype surrounding a story which provides no tension In regards to danger and where everyone but the main character can be replaced by a cardboard, and their personalities would be largely unchanged. Doesn't help that Ainz has done nothing of significance In proportion to his power.
g. Overall, What do you think of this season so far?
It's been alright, I guess.
Sep 15, 2015 7:37 AM

Jun 2014
Meh, this season is meh, but if i had to pick some favs, i'd choose Gangsta(ty for getting me into reading manga, sadly, you have production issues) and Ushio To Tora...
:3
Sep 15, 2015 8:24 AM

Feb 2010
Altaria-chan said:
The end of the current season draws near as Fall 2015 is fast approaching. It's this time of the season again where we look back at what Summer 2015 has offered. Alrighty! Place your favorite bets as to what show kneaded your full interest, attention and enjoyment to claim the title as "AOTS - [Anime of the season]" and state the reason why by answering the questions below.

Please DO ANSWER the questions below, don't just vote

QUESTIONS:
[b]a.] Name your current Top five Best favotite so far and state why you chose them being the first as your poll vote.

a)
Akagami
Shimoneta
NNB 2
Rokka
Gakkougurashi

b)
Shimoneta

c)
Classroom Crisis was boring as fuck

d)
Bikini Warriors

e)
Ranpo Kitan, it's just not good.

f)
Overlord I guess, maybe Prison School.

g) It's pretty unexciting especially if you ignore sequels. Not terrible, but no real standouts, nothing I'll particularly remember one year from now.
I probably regret this post by now.
Sep 15, 2015 8:54 AM

Jun 2015
QUESTIONS:

Gakkougurashi!
Gate: Jieitai Kanochi nite, Kaku Tatakaeri
Charlotte
Jitsu wa Watashi wa
Working!!!
I simply thought they were well made and thoroughly enjoyed them

Ranpo Kitan: Game of Laplace

Overlord

I wouldn't say any were

Overlord, simply because it has not met my expectations

Overlord, no tension in any conflicts in a setting where there should be

It is the first season I have watched as episodes were released. I loved it.
Sep 15, 2015 8:59 AM

Nov 2013
a.)
- Non Non Biyori Repeat
- Akagami no Shirayuki-hime
- The rest

b.) Since Shokugeki doesn't count, Shimoneta would be the closest, I suppose.

c.) Charlotte. Terribly executed and far from an "improvement" over Angel Beats.

d.) Dandelion and Sore ga Seiyuu are both underrated imo. Classroom Crisis has gotten more intriguing as well, though I can't forgive it for its lack of identity during the first half.

e.) Again, Charlotte.

f.) Gangsta was a pleasure to watch initially, but when power levels were introduced, I kinda lost interest. The steadily declining animation quality doesn't help either. It has its moments but it largely feels lifeless. The Manglobe feel is present though.

g.) Although a lot of titles sounded interesting from their synopses, only one non-sequel managed to retain my attention (Akagami). The rest, as expected, started out strong but have since fizzled out or lost their novelty, with a few exceptions.
Sep 15, 2015 9:04 AM

Mar 2015
a. Name your current Top five Best favotite so far and state why you chose them being the first as your poll vote.
1. working. as funny as before, but the plot is bigger. feel kinda rushed TBH.
2. ushio to tora. engaging, nice artstyle, character is bearable.
3. Joukamachi no dendelion. surprisingly funny and calming. pretty normal and interesting.
4. overlord: surprisingly interesting. but the character is nope TBH.
5. NNBR: less funny but more calming
Gangsta, usually dislike things like this. but still watchable TBH.
c. What show do you think out of all the 24-minute contenders didn't perform well over-all?
gate is better if longer.
joukamachi and Ushio to tora.
Charlotte. the drama is laughable.
charlotte TBH. juts don't know why that cringeworthy melodrama can be soo prised.
more watchable series, but less great series. above average.
"If taking responsibility for a mistake that cannot be undone means death, it's not that hard to die. At least, not as hard as to live on."
Sep 15, 2015 9:42 AM

Dec 2013
1. Akagami no Shirayuki-hime
2. Rokka no Yuusha
3. Shimoneta
4. Overlord

Akagami and Rokka is honestly tied at the first place, they are just as equally good and fulfilling my fantasy adventure needs. Next two shows below were quite a surprises as I just picked them up few days ago because I wanted to marathon them instead of watch them weekly and honestly, Shimoneta and Overlord are best shows of the season. Sure, they don't have that much value but they are pure enjoyment shows which at this point is more than enough for me.

Overlord and Shimoneta.

Shimoneta because it's pretty dumb, but I dunno, the more perverted and lewd the stuff is the funnier I find it, I was peeing my pants almost every episode.

Overlord because even though it has one of shittiest and "it's gonna be another otaku bullshit" premises, it surprised me greatly. I dunno, I'm trying not to be biased but seriously, Madhouse nailed this one - the way they made visuals a bit darker, the lightning effects, the slow, but very good pacing - all that makes the atmosphere really... unique, you just want to watch more.

Gate, probably. It had really nice first three episodes, the third episode being the highlight of the show. I really hoped it wouldn't devolve into bland, uninteresting bleah with harem-ish LN goofs, sadly this is exactly what happened.

Eh, it has become a trend of sort, for 4 seasons straight my favorites were all rated kinda on the low side, I dunno. This time again, my favorites Akagami and Rokka are underrated imo.

Charlotte. Reminds me a lot of Guilty Crown, where the author just throws any idea that seems "kewl" and doesn't think about things as logic or in general being tasteful.

There aren't many highly rated show this season, but the only one that is noticeably above 8 is Gangsta? The name already suggests that it's kind of a casual bait.

Best season of the year so far from me, I manged to pick mostly good shows and although there are quite a handful of meh or even horrible shows, they are still more or less enjoyable, which previous seasons failed to do, especially Spring, having record number of trash.
Sep 15, 2015 9:48 AM

Mar 2015
Gangsta is pretty Gangsta. Rest that I've watched are shit.
Sep 15, 2015 10:20 AM

Feb 2014
1. Prison School
2. Arslan Senki

These two I look forward to every week. I don't care much about other shows.

Fate Kaleid Prisma Illya, Overlord

Charlotte, Overlord - both have terrible pacing and screen usage

Arslan Senki, Prison School

Charlotte, Overlord, Umaru.. basically everything that isn't mentioned in a.]

Rokka no Yuusha , Charlotte ,Shimoneta, Gangsta.
Rokka no Yuusha is terribly dragged and really stupid with awful animation.
Charlotte became shitfest after 6th episode. Before it was average.
Shimoneta - repetitive unfunny jokes, small amount of ecchi in ecchi show, no real story, basically it's shit, only good thing about it is Anna.
Gangsta - weak story.

Idk, average, the only good anime is Prison School and Arslan. Autumn looks better.
slovak125Sep 15, 2015 10:24 AM
Between the adult world and the world of kids,

there, Holyland exists.
Sep 15, 2015 10:23 AM

Jul 2007
- Gakkou Gurashi - I never expected to like this show as much. Nor to be as well directed as it is. One of greatest shows this year so far.
- Fate/Prisma Illya 2wei Herz - My favorite fight of whole 2wei part of the manga adapted with brilliant Silverlink quality and choreography that is unmatched in terms of anime tv shows.
- Durarara!X2 Ten - What can I say. DRR is one of the most underrated franchises and the way it weaves together dozens of very unique and different characters, plot lines and plot twists is brilliant.
- Rokka no Yuusha - Came in only knowing that it is supposed to be a mystery/detective kind of show in fantasy setting. While the mystery part feels way too contrived and asspully near the end, the psychological and thriller elements are dam near perfect. The author took a fantasy setting and turned it upside down. And the anime adaptation added a damn brilliant and unique Aztec motif to the setting.

I dont watch shows for guilty pleasure tbh, so none.

Charlotte. What a freaking otaku-baiting mess.

Rokka no Yuusha(because some people write it off as "generic fantasy" without looking deeper) and Prisma Illya 2wei Herz(because despite all the "omg omg spin off loli stuff" misinformation it still remains the only good fate adaptation to date with some breathtaking action sequences)

Charlotte. The first ~10 minutes of first episode are some of the most promising things ever. Followed by next 10 minutes creating disappointment of the decade. The show encompasses everything that is wrong with anime industry. Cliche characters, "slice of life comedy" with no purpose, horrible pacing....and whats most frustrating - it ruins such a great premise the first few minutes of the first episode have set.

Gangsta. It is the Edgelord Show of this season and I could not go past second episode. The show tries way too much to be "dark" and "mature"(I doubt the author knows what that word means) and in overdoing that ends up feeling like a bad Grand Theft Auto fanfic meets a really bad Black Lagoon fanfic. Ughhh. Will never understand the hype this edgelordery gets.

Way better than the spring(which only had Kekkai Sensen as good and shitload of trainwrecks and disappointments). Some of my most awaited scenes are done perfectly in both Herz and Durarara. Might be first time in quite a while that I get to watch more than two or three shows at once too, so this year is shaping up to be great, if Fall season is even half as good as this,.
Sep 15, 2015 10:34 AM

Dec 2012
a.
1 prison school
2 durarara ten
3 akagami to shirayuki hime
4 ranpo kitan
5 aoharu x kikanjuu

b. fate/illya herz because yuri
c. charlotte- is awful
d. prison school- is not as popular as I expected it to be
e. charlotte is the worst of those I dislike- it's just an idiotic melodrama with unlikable characters
f. a lot of them that I don't watch: overlord because muh madhouse,gangsta because western-ish thing,charlotte because jun maeda etc
g. I didn't have any expectation to begin with,summer was just as mediocre as I thought it would be,probably even worse
p.s. fall will be the best of the whole year
Sep 15, 2015 10:54 AM

Jun 2014
1. Akagami
2. Ushio to Tora (TV)
3. Ranpo Kitan
4. Rokka no Yuusha
5. Joukamachi no Dandelion
My gulity pleasure goes to Sky Wizards Academy.
Aoharu x Machinegun performed worse than I expected. There is far too much melodrama when it comes to the actions of the main cast which really makes me question, should I really sympathise with them even though they've gone through stupid hardship. Also Hotaru still has yet to announce she's a girl which is getting frustrating by the second.
Joukamachi no Dandelion is a unique sibling comedy and is lighthearted with some nice drama which adds to the overall cuteness of the show.
Venus Project - the initial delays
Gakkougurashi. While I do love the moe zombie scenes and backstories, the CGDGT just isn't enough to forever entertain me and so it should just progress with the goddamn story already.
All credit goes to Sacred.
Sep 15, 2015 11:00 AM

Feb 2015
A)1.Rokka no Yuusha-works pretty well as a "mystery" anime...could have been better in the art department
2.Gakkou Gurashi-Its actually very well directed.
3.Fate Kaleid-it took some time to pick up,but when it did, it literally blew everything out of the water.
4. Durarara!X2 Ten-for something very similar to Baccano which is heralded by one and all mostly,this one does manage to hold its ground.
5.Non Non Biyori Repeat-CGDCT at its finest :>

B)Prison School-I watch it mainly to see whether there is a solution for "ass vs tits".Also,Bikini Wariors because dem plots.

C)Chaos Dragon-I mean this is what you get when two non serious writers weave together a plot while playing Bayonetta.

D)Durarara!X2 Ten-Its not really appreciated very well over here it seems.

E)Overlord and Charlotte-Overlord is just plain facepalm worthy and Charlotte seems like a trainwreck.

F)Overlord,Charlotte preferably because they are talked about pretty often over here.

G)Its a mixed bag.Some lke Rokka,Durarara are good while some like Chaos Dragon are plain bad.
Sep 15, 2015 11:13 AM

Aug 2015
a)

1. Rokka no Yuusha - awesome story, I like this mystery stuff
2. Overlord - its epic af
3. Prison School - one of the funniest anime I have ever watched
4. Monster Musume no Iru Nichijou - this show is shit, but I still enjoy it a lot haha
5. God Eater - its interesting and has potential

b)

Prison School.

c)

RayAdha said:

Dragon Ball Super. Only has few battles, and that battle animation/art is rather disappointing. Not what I've expected from the usual Dragon Ball, well, I still love it though.

d)

Rokka no Yuusha.

e)

Sore ga Seiyuu, wanted to know more about voice acting n stuff, but its boring af

f)

Akagami no Shirayuki-hime, wtf this crap is boring and has no plot.

g)

Its decent, has some very good anime but also a lot of crap.
Sep 15, 2015 1:28 PM

May 2015
1. Gangsta. - because of well executed story and interesting characters.
2. Durarara!!x2 Ten
3. Aoharu x Kikanjuu
4. Junjou Romantica 3
5. Rokka no Yuusha (but not really best favorite, it's just ok)

Ranpo Kitan: Game of Laplace. It had a potential. Even though art and sound are good, story is very bad.

Aoharu x Kikanjuu, I guess. I personally avoided it at first and haven't expected it to be so enjoyable.

Charlotte because it's a pointless show about nobody doing nothing with nonexistent problems. There is a facade that can be mistaken for characters and story but it's actually empty.

Charlotte? It has a surprisingly high score.

Could be better.
TenSep 15, 2015 1:35 PM
Sep 15, 2015 1:43 PM

Feb 2013

1. Gakkou Gurashi - best horror I've seen since Shiki.
2. Sore ga Seiyuu
3. Aoharu x Kikanjuu
4. Joukamachi no Dandelion
5. Rokka no Yuusha

None of them.

I'm not watching anything too horrible, but Charlotte and Overlord aren't as great as I thought they were going to be.

Sore ga Seiyuu. I really love this show and I think it can be cute and funny while also informative.

Overlord. I was interested in seeing someone stuck in a game become the villain but it's gotten so boring that it ended up disappointing me.

Gangsta. It's extremely boring and I ended up dropping it because of that.

It's pretty whatever. Not as good as I thought it was going to be. I'm indifferent for a lot of the shows I'm watching so personally I think this season is bland.
Sep 15, 2015 1:54 PM

Oct 2014

1. Non Non Biyori Repeat
2. Sore ga Seiyuu
3. Gakkougurashi!
These are the only ones that I'm still watching
b.] What Summer 2015 TV series became your guilty-pleasure? N/A
I don't know because I dropped the ones I didn't like i.e. most of them.
Sore ga Seiyuu. For most of the season it was rated less than 7. I've rated it 8 so far, but I may change it to 9 if all goes well. I rate lower than most users.
I drop seasonals when I start to dislike them. There are too many to list.
Apparently Charlotte, but I've only watched the first episode. I only watched the first half of the first episode of Prison School.
The anime that people are praising don't fit my taste very well, but there are at least a few shows that I'm liking.
Sep 15, 2015 2:07 PM

Nov 2014
a.] 1.Rokka no yuusha
2.Prison school
3.Ranpo kittan
4.Himouto! Umaru-chan
5.Monster Musume no Iru Nichijou

b.] Shimoneta to Iu Gainen ga Sonzai Shinai Taikutsu na Sekai: It isn't all that good some people says, but it is very entertaining.

c.] Obviusly, chaos dragon, gakkou gurashi got pretty much wasted potential though, and as adaptation was really messy.

d.] Ranpo kittan.

e.] Gate, i dont really like were the show is going, is getting pretty dull.

f.] Overlord. It is good, but far from being a AOTS or something... also, i did not read the LN but it seems it is not doing well in that.

g.] Very decent, far from being as bad as some people wants to make it look, however i think there was much wasted potencial in general.

error5000Sep 15, 2015 4:05 PM
Sep 15, 2015 6:04 PM

Feb 2012
To avoid confusion, here's a list of clarifications:

* Kangoku Gakuen - Prison School
* Kuusen Madoushi Kouhosei no Kyoukan - Sky Wizards Academy
* Gate: Jieitai Kanochi nite, Kaku Tatakaeri - GATE
* Senki Zesshou Symphogear GX: Believe in Justice and Hold a Determination to Fist. - Symphogear
* Shimoneta to Iu Gainen ga Sonzai Shinai Taikutsu na Sekai - Shimoneta
Sep 15, 2015 6:14 PM

Sep 2015
a.]
1. Charlotte(I'm ready to die, comments, come at me!)
2. Rokka no Yuusha
3. Monster Musume
4. Prison school
only 4 im watching

b.] Monster Musume

c.] Overlord

d.] Either Charlotte or Rokka no Yuusha

e.] Overlord. Its a good story, its just for some reason, I can't stand it at all. I just don't know why

f.]Prison school or Gangsta

g.]Its okay, not great not bad
You get what you deserve? Nope. Who decides what you deserve? Does that person even get to deserve deserving what others deserve? And who decided that that person deserves do that? Exactly. Complete bullshit. Only one thing I know that everyone deserves. And that is the right to watch good anime and drop the shitty ones. Have a nice day(you probably don't deserve that :P)
Sep 15, 2015 6:28 PM

Sep 2013
a.]
Overlord, characterization is king, pacing is definitely not for action junkies
Symphogear GX
Rokka no Yuusha
Kuusen Madoushi
Himouto umaru chan

b.] bikini warriors ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

c.] gangsta, animation dropped like a rock and story fell a bit too.

d.] KUUSEN MADOUSHI, yes I like it PROBLEM?!!!

e.] Aoharu x machine gun, meh drama

f.] Charlotte, it's not bad but it's not great either.

g.] Good season[/quote]
Sep 15, 2015 8:18 PM

Feb 2011
My faves are Rokka then Jitsu Wa Watashi Wa then Shimoneta then Charlotte. I dropped Akagami and on holded Ore Monogatari cause they bored me. Dropped Gangsta, dropped Overlord, dropped Gakkou Gurashi, dropped Classroom Crisis.

I'm very picky if you can't tell. Of the ones I dropped, may go back to Overlord or Ore Monogatari.

Rokka is the best. No fanservice and clear mystery. Very smart show and not gimmicky either which is nice. Everything flows at a good pace and hooks you. All the characters are great. Pace is fantastic. Art is great and animation superb at its best and enjoyable enough at its worst.
Sep 15, 2015 10:02 PM
Oct 2013
a:
1 - Gakkou Gurashi
2 - Gatchaman Crowds insight
3 - Durarara x2 Ten
4 - Gangsta.
5 - Classrom Crisis
b: Chaos Dragon. It's a mess. But I can't take my eyes away from it. Plus I like a certain mechanical character...
c: Chaos Dragon still.
d: Ranpo Kitan
e: Gate. I liked it initially... But I know where this is going. Sorry but Nationalism goes to the waste bin.
f: Gate
g: It' been great, actually. Surprisingly so.
I am Aleister Morningstar, once General of the 13th Battalion of the Hellsoldiers, and now the Grand-Lord of the Grand Order of the Hellsoldier.

I am Hellsoldier, first and foremost.
Sep 16, 2015 2:09 AM

Feb 2012
1st Poll vote update:

Top 5

-- 1st : Rokka No Yuusha - 16
-- 2nd : Gangsta. - 10
-- 3rd : Prison School - 7
-- 3rd : Akagami no Shirayuki-hime - 7
-- 4th : Charlotte - 6
-- 5th : Gakkou Gurashi - 5
Sep 16, 2015 10:39 AM

Jul 2015
1. Overlord
2. Monster Musume
3. Rokka No Yuusha
4. Gate
5. Shimoneta
Wohooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
Sep 16, 2015 12:32 PM

Aug 2014
Overlord, Rokka no Yuusha, GATE, Kuusen Madoushi Kouhosei no Kyoukan, Monmusu.

Kuusen Madoushi Kouhosei no Kyoukan

Gakkou Gurashi & Chaos Dragon. Both had shit plot.

Kuusen Madoushi Kouhosei no Kyoukan, if you can ignore the slow pacing.

Gakkou Gurashi & Chaos Dragon. Both had shit plot.

Gakkou Gurashi, compliments about this show were everywhere throughout the first few episodes. It wasn't even as good.

Not a bad season, there's at least a dozen series that entertained me well.
Your taste in Anime is shit.

Because you can't differentiate between what's good and bad.

How sad.
Sep 16, 2015 1:38 PM

Feb 2014
I haven't gotten around to much of this seasons anime at all, so DRRR for me
"So wave goodbye to the hope we were born with, and say farewell to the chance of surviving this holocaust of love, this age of lost souls, but I'm holding on with both hands and I'm never letting go."
Sep 16, 2015 9:51 PM
Jun 2015
a.
1. Ushio to Tora- Old school shounen comedy, the way that ushio and tora play off each other can be funny. 6/10 so far.
2.Working!!!- The interaction between characters is hilarious and has plot. 6/10
3. Akagami- strong female lead but the plot takes forever to do anything. 5/10
4. Gangsta- the plot is horrible, but decent rule of cool. 4/10.
5. Kyoukai no Rinne- the narrator is great and most of the characters are funny. The only problem is that are has not been much variety in terms of jokes and not much of a plot. it is like a worse version of Ranma 1/2 spliced with inuyasha without the hilarious transformation antics. 5/10
b. my favorite 5 shows of this season beside Working!!!
c. Chaos dragon?
d. Ushio to Tora
e. Rokka no Yuusha. I solved the Rokka No Yuusha mystery in the first few episodes because either the story is really bad at mystery or the animation director is really incompetent by dropping too many hints.
F. Charlotte- anime fans are easily pleased by shows with rapid tonal shifts, silly setting, awful pacing and focus (Plastic memories tier) and the characters are not even good enough to carry the shows awful plot. It is getting ridiculous when people are defending it because the writer was sad and depressed.
G. The worst season and probably the worst year in a decade in terms of new quality shows. One Punch Man and Perfect insider are the only two shows I can see saving this awful year.
Sep 16, 2015 10:01 PM

Aug 2015
Gangsta and Overlord are great shows, Gangsta. is a shining example of a good gangster anime, and Overlord is a great example of a great game anime.
"When a man learns to love, he must bear the risk of hatred....." - Obito Uchiha

Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

» Best Trap Character in Anime?

GoatPieceLuffy - 21 minutes ago

8 by LSSJ_Gaming »»
1 minute ago

» Criticism You Don't Understand. ( 1 2 )

Alpha_1_Zero - Yesterday

57 by GoatPieceLuffy »»
3 minutes ago

Poll: » how often do you self insert or empathize with anime characters? and do you experience how good or bad the characters situation or experience is too

deg - 7 hours ago

17 by LeonhartAugust »»
4 minutes ago

» Why are so many ecchi enjoyers overweight?

EverRealm - 5 minutes ago

0 by EverRealm »»
5 minutes ago

» What is your opinion on anime becoming mainstream? ( 1 2 )

BroDa2545 - Apr 16

57 by shin0by »»
7 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.