Forum Settings
Forums
New
Mar 23, 2015 7:56 AM

Feb 2012
It's that time of the year again when we all look back to this season's block-buster line-up.

What show made you stick up until this very moment?
What show made you cringe throughout the course?
What show/s did you hate the most?
What show/s did you love the most?
What's your best pick?

[i]Note:[/i] All TV shorts with an airing duration of 10 minutes and below, TV specials, OVAs, Theatrical movies during the course of this season will be excluded from the poll
Altaria-chanMar 24, 2015 8:12 AM
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Mar 23, 2015 7:57 AM

Jan 2015
Death Parade lol
Twitter and it's consequences had been a disaster for the human race
Mar 23, 2015 7:59 AM

Feb 2013
[J.C Staff & Nomad] Tantei Kageki Milky Holmes TD of course
Mar 23, 2015 8:00 AM

May 2014
Tough choice but

[J.C Staff & Nomad] Tantei Kageki Milky Holmes TD (your vote)
Mar 23, 2015 8:00 AM
News Team
YEEHAW

Nov 2014
Remv_quevav said:
Death Parade lol
STOP SLEEPING ON ODD TAXI

Mar 23, 2015 8:07 AM
Mar 2014
the best winter 2015 anime isn't even a winter 2015 anime, so i can't really say.. pretty disappointed by everything else that aired.
i voted jojo because it's the only one that hasn't made me angry yet
vegetablespiritMar 23, 2015 8:14 AM
Mar 23, 2015 8:07 AM

Nov 2012
durarara x2
Mar 23, 2015 8:08 AM

Jan 2015
silverwalls said:
durarara x2
I need 2 finish dis
Twitter and it's consequences had been a disaster for the human race
Mar 23, 2015 8:16 AM

Sep 2010
- All of them except Tokyo Ghoul season 2. The only one I dropped

- Aldnoah.Zero second season dat quality writing and character development. Inaho is the protagonist of 2015 so much emotion in his voice and the drive to do whats right! Become a hero!

-Aldnoah.Zero second season

-Durarara!! x2 Shou
Death Parade
Kiseijuu
Akatsuki no Yona
Assassination Classroom

What's your best pick?
-The obvious choice would be [J.C Staff & Nomad] Tantei Kageki Milky Holmes TD (your vote)
"What has two arms, two legs, and is alive? Not your favorite character lol! xD"
Mar 23, 2015 8:18 AM

Nov 2014
Jojo no matter what season it is jojo is always number 1 in my kokoro. unless Gintama is in the season
Mar 23, 2015 8:18 AM

Oct 2012
Durarara!!x2 Shou or Aldnoah.Zero 2nd Season
Mar 23, 2015 8:25 AM
Sep 2014
JoJo's for sure. It's fkin Jojo's who the hell cares?

Death Parade MAYBE

Overall very weak season.
Mar 23, 2015 8:27 AM
Dec 2013
[Studio Shuka] Durarara!!×2 Shou (your vote)
Mar 23, 2015 8:27 AM

Nov 2014
JoJo or Death Parade, the rest is forgettable.
Mar 23, 2015 8:29 AM

Nov 2010
Can't pick one, I don't think any anime is above a 7 this season.
Mar 23, 2015 8:32 AM

Dec 2012
I've gotta say Tokyo Ghoul √A is my top choice for this season. Something about it has my completely undivided attention and my only mistake in picking it up was that I didn't wait one more week. It's just been one giant adrenaline rush from start to near finish. Also the bare minimal censoring has shown that it is infinitely better when it's not Tokyo Ghoul √Black Screen.
Mar 23, 2015 8:33 AM

Jul 2014
It was a weak season, but SaeKano would be a worthy contender any season. That's my vote, as I was struggling to find motivation to watch all the others; dropping AssClass, Junketsu no Maria and Military early on, and barely interested enough to finish the super average Death Parade and score it a 5. (That is, if I can be arsed to watch the final ep)

1. SaeKano
2. Koufuku Graffitti
3. Absolute Duo (this probably shows how bad of a season it was)
Mar 23, 2015 8:46 AM

Sep 2013
Chelizzle said:
Cross Ange if that doesn't count then none.
Mar 23, 2015 8:49 AM

Mar 2014
silverwalls said:
durarara x2

Shinra approves
Nico- said:
@Comic_Sans oh no y arnt ppl dieing i need more ppl dieing rly gud plot avansement jus liek tokyo ghoul if erbudy dies amirite
Conversations with people pinging/quoting me to argue about some old post I wrote years ago will not be entertained
Mar 23, 2015 8:50 AM

Feb 2013
>What show made you stick up until this very moment?
if this question means "how many are you still watching", then all of those i watch... it takes a lot for me to drop something;
though i put ass class on hold because i thought it was gonna be 1 cour..

>What show made you cringe throughout the course?
lol that never happens
though the bowling episode in death parade was really stupid

>What show/s did you hate the most?
lol@anyone who actually hates shows
rolling girls is the weakest show of what i'm watching... nice music&art, and most arc endings were really cool, but the characters and everything else in between is meh

>What show/s did you love the most?
my top 3: yuri kuma arashi, death parade, junketsu no maria

>What's your best pick?
how is "your best pick" different from "shows you love the most"?
yuri kuma i guess =/
Mar 23, 2015 9:03 AM

Sep 2013
LucasRTS said:
Overall very weak season.
Mar 23, 2015 9:05 AM

Sep 2011
Death parade and fafner have been the most enjoyable for me

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Mar 23, 2015 9:08 AM

Jul 2014
KanColle . It's the only that keeps me hyped and asking for more. Everything else was meh, and I dropped a good amount of shows this season.
Mar 23, 2015 9:09 AM

Oct 2008
Jojo's Bizarre Adventure Stardust Crusade S2 as best ,anything besides this is just downright false or delusional.
Mar 23, 2015 9:12 AM

Dec 2014
death parade because madhouse ^^
Mar 23, 2015 9:13 AM

Nov 2014
JoJo no Kimyou na Bouken: Stardust Crusaders - Egypt Hen

That's the only one I'm caught up with at the moment though.
Mar 23, 2015 9:13 AM

Oct 2012
amateur said:
Jojo's Bizarre Adventure Stardust Crusade S2 as best ,anything besides this is just downright false or delusional.
Don't be a Tsundere, Aldnoah.Zero is top tier.
Mar 23, 2015 9:14 AM

Dec 2013
JoJo. It's the only show I look forward to seeing every week. Death Parade is also good I guess, though a far cry to JoJo's greatness.

Pretty weak season.
Mar 23, 2015 9:20 AM

Jun 2011
Look at my sig, Shounen Hollywood is my pick for the best anime of the season, and sadly it is also one of the most underrated anime ever. Can't be helped, people like to judge thing by how it looked. But hey, at least it has a story to tell, better than Death Parade where half of the show felt like fillers. The best thing about it is that it is very relatable.

All of the ones I have picked up.
Unlimited Fafnir, Kantai Collection.
It's hard to hate bad anime, it just feels like whatever, you know. I do kind of dislike Death Parade, of course not because it's bad (it's bad, but I don't dislike it because of that), but it's just that.. it's just that it's another one of overrated MH product.
Haven't I already answered that? Other than Shounen Hollywood, it's Kamisama Hajimemashita. Tokyo Ghoul and Rolling Girls have potential, and by that I mean I haven't caught up with the show, but liked what I've seen in 1 episode.
What's your best pick?

o_o what?
Honobono Log - best slice of life short
--------------------------------------------
most kawaii loli overlord
----------------------------
Donquixote Doflamingo AMV - Control
Mar 23, 2015 9:50 AM

Feb 2010
JoJo, easily.
I probably regret this post by now.
Mar 23, 2015 9:52 AM
Feb 2014
Death Parade, Kuroko no Basuke 3, or Kantai Collection.
AqutanMar 23, 2015 11:03 AM
Mar 23, 2015 10:25 AM

Apr 2011
My vote goes to either Death Parade or Koufuku Graffiti, though both have faltered; DP earlier on, KG with some of it's latter episodes. Overall weak season, hoping for a much better Spring.

Shitposta said:
Kuroko no Basuke 2

You mean 3.
Mar 23, 2015 10:27 AM

Feb 2014
Extremely weak season, only notable standout was Death Parade.
Mar 23, 2015 10:31 AM

Nov 2014
Well, at least i'm not the only one that thought this season was weak, even Death Parade (which was my vote) is a 6 or so for me.

The rest is either On Hold or Dropped.
Mar 23, 2015 10:59 AM

Jun 2011
To the people who said that this was a weak season, have you seen Shounen Hollywood?

ToG25thBaam said:
Look at my sig, Shounen Hollywood is my pick for the best anime of the season. The best thing about it is that it is very relatable.
To expand on this a little with quotes from the series,
"I am getting left behind. An image of me is walking ahead of myself. I have to catch up, otherwise.. I will undoubtedly get left behind. I know! I get that, but.."
- This is about how people see yourself, an image of you instead of you being who you are.

"... Nah, I just learned that sort of thing could possibly happen. Oh, that might actually be kinda incredible. I mean, if life is filled with unimaginable things that no one can predict, couldn't I realize a dream way bigger than anything I am imagining now? The unknown can be amazing!"
"You see, things beyond your wildest imagination happen in life, so if you raise the bar on your imagination, doesn't that mean even greater things are bound to happen? Isn't that an awesome discovery?"
- Given the scale of what could have happened in this world where no one could predict at all, what could be imagined could be realized, couldn't it?

Those are just two among many others.
Honobono Log - best slice of life short
--------------------------------------------
most kawaii loli overlord
----------------------------
Donquixote Doflamingo AMV - Control
Mar 23, 2015 11:01 AM

Dec 2012
Death Parade.
Mar 23, 2015 11:07 AM

Apr 2011
ToG25thBaam said:
To the people who said that this was a weak season, have you seen Shounen Hollywood?

One series cannot fix ten.
Mar 23, 2015 11:08 AM

Oct 2008
Feaor said:
amateur said:
Don't be a Tsundere, Aldnoah.Zero is top tier.

My bad that's also very much true.
Top tier anime equivalent to The Room
Mar 23, 2015 11:44 AM

Mar 2012
Tokyo Ghoul, but it really doesn't have any competition...

really weak season indeed
I like "Anime de Wakaru Shinryounaika" as well
rest is really bad or disappointing; however I only dropped one anime this season which is rolling girls
Mar 23, 2015 12:47 PM

Aug 2011
All the shows I'm watching are shows I've enjoyed. As for the best, I have to say I absolutely loved Yuri Kuma Arashi. Koufuku Graffiti is a close second.

The least? Rolling Girls, I guess. I still like it a lot, but it was just one of those disappointments.

Mar 23, 2015 12:54 PM
*hug noises*

May 2013
I don't drop stuff so... all of them?

Yuri Kuma Arashi; every episode makes you hold your head in agony over how awkward the dialogue is

Although Absolute Duo got worse and worse the longer it went, I would still say Yuri Kuma Arashi here as well. It's just that bad

None of the shows this season really stands out, but I was very happy to see Dog Days return after all this time. I think Assassination Classroom brought me the most entertainment value however

What's your best pick?
Seeing as I watch anime primarily for enjoyment, I would have to side with Assassination Classroom overall as well despite everything. Death Parade and Durarara x2 are both good too but somewhat overrated I think
Mar 23, 2015 12:54 PM

Aug 2012
Cross Ange>Death Parade>Bad shows this season>Jojo's

Mar 23, 2015 12:57 PM
Jul 2018
So far:

1.Jojo's Bizarre Adventure: Stardust Crusaders - Egypt Arc
2. Durarara!!X2 Shou
3. Yuri Kuma Arashi
4. Rolling Girls
5. Death Parade

Yuri Kuma Arashi may go up,but that depends on the final episode.
Mar 23, 2015 1:20 PM

May 2012
Death Parade is overrated. Not saying that it is bad, but it does not deserve number 1 or even close to that.

I voted for Junketsu no Maria, but there is some others in the list that is just as good as this like Jojo, Yuri Kuma Arashi or Kuroko no Basket

If Akatsuki no Yona was on the list, I would voted for it. One of the most underrated masterpieces. I hope they announce 2nd season in the final episode.
thepathMar 23, 2015 1:24 PM
Mar 23, 2015 1:25 PM

Jun 2014
Not a lot to talk about this season, but JoJo was probably my favourite.
Mar 23, 2015 1:34 PM

Dec 2011

Got 10 series left that I'm still watching, having started out with all non-sequels plus Dog Days

If a show makes me cringe constantly then it's dropped. Unless it's Love Lab. But that was 2013. There wasn't really anything cringeworthy this season.

If I hate something then it gets dropped before I can form a true judgement of it - this means that unless it was genuinely sickening then I don't actually hate it and thus don't hate on stuff or feel irritated when they say that it was good. It's thus a very healthy approach that some others really need to learn from in my opinion.

Akatsuki no Yona.
For this season's new stuff (which is what I'm answering for all the other questions), SaeKano followed by Koufuku Graffiti. Dog Days started off great then faded a bit, KanColle started off meh but got better, and Binan Koukou sort of fluctuated episode by episode. It's a relatively weak season, though, with nothing exceptional in it. There have been other times since I started following anime regularly when the best series has been an 8/10, but those were all higher end 8/10s, whereas this time the top stuff is lower end 8/10

What's your best pick?
SaeKano
There is no such thing as shit taste. Only idiots who think everyone should have the same taste as they do.
Mar 24, 2015 8:07 AM

Feb 2012
WOAH. Death Parade is on a roll. Either way, This season was totally weak compared to next season's.
Mar 24, 2015 8:13 AM

Apr 2014
I haven't seem Death Parade or DRRR yet so, so far the ones that stuck out the most were Binan (absolutely adorable with great comedy to boot) and Yuri Kuma Arashi (although it's easily the worst show Ikuhara has worked with so far, but it's still good). I want to start Death Parade soon, so I hope it's as good as everyone suggests. :)
Mar 24, 2015 8:20 AM

Nov 2013
Favorites? None tbh, though I'll mention Junketsu no Maria for being the biggest surprise of the season.

Least favorite would be probably Rolling Girls, followed closely by Yoru no Yatterman
Mar 24, 2015 8:22 AM

Apr 2013
Kuroko no Basket 3 and Durarara 2 have been good, but I'm not feeling them as much as their predecessors. Death Parade has been enjoyable, but no more than that. Even Kiseijuu isn't as exciting as it first was, so really, I'm looking forward to the Spring season.
5 main aspects I base my ratings on:
1. Did DramaEnthusiast make a thread about it?
2. Is it better than Breaking Bad?
3. Did MellowJello recommend the shit out of it?
4. Has it caused a (very entertaining) shitstorm on MAL?
5. Is it actually good?

Scratch the fifth point, it's not very relevant...
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

» Tell me why older anime is better that newer anime. ( 1 2 )

fluffycow17 - Mar 24, 2021

64 by CosmicDebris-San »»
2 minutes ago

» Has anime made you erotophobic?

LenRea - Yesterday

13 by LostSpectre »»
15 minutes ago

» Why are so many ecchi enjoyers overweight?

EverRealm - 11 hours ago

34 by Spunkert »»
19 minutes ago

» Do you wish your culture was more represent in anime?

Spunkert - Yesterday

32 by Abomination_suah »»
25 minutes ago

» "This was a Masterpiece!!!" sections or moments in shows that aren't that.

APolygons2 - Yesterday

22 by Cestlavie_ »»
27 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.