Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 6, 2009 2:24 AM

Aug 2008
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
OK, what the hell happened during the second half of this episode? Seriously. We don't need any more damn recaps or another synopsis. Move the story! I'm really starting to get irritated.
Sep 28, 2009 9:12 PM

Sep 2008
Did they seriously show the opening twice? XP
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 29, 2009 4:07 AM

Feb 2009
Cutting major corners here under a tight budget. At least the first half was pretty good.
Oct 16, 2009 5:39 AM

Mar 2008
Ahh second half recap was :(
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 8, 2009 1:22 PM

May 2009
This episode was the recap of the recap of the recap , just in case anybody didn`t understand anything the first 7 times around.
Jul 4, 2010 1:04 AM

Jan 2009
The recaping was seriously irritating. Fuck.

LagTag said:
This episode was the recap of the recap of the recap , just in case anybody didn`t understand anything the first 7 times around.

That's it.
Sep 26, 2011 10:52 PM

Jan 2011
This was done by the second director probably after the first one walked out and the mangaka said she wouldn't allow a second season. It looks like they are just filling the timeslot with a recap using already animated clips. What a pity....

We'll see what episode 25 looks like (also by the second director) but I don't have any great hopes. Episode 26 was done by the original director so if we're lucky it will be an adequate season closer, but not a series closer.
Please don't feed the trolls!
In my next life I want to collide at the corner with the cute transfer student
carrying a piece of toast in her mouth
...rodac

Oct 16, 2011 9:34 PM

May 2008
What the fuck. This has to be the most poorly managed series I have ever seen, which is a shame because the source material just seems great. I really wish this was done by another studio.
Feb 11, 2012 10:56 PM

Sep 2011
Wtf did I just watch? First I twitched when the OP played for the second time and then I find out its a recap for the second half... The first half wasn't even that bad too. -o-
Feb 14, 2012 2:16 AM
Aug 2010
It was awesome. It could have made a perfect ending for the series. But Yukino is evolving faster than Arima is, and now he still needs her while she doesn't anymore...

Jun 17, 2012 3:41 PM

Nov 2011
WTF, the OP song was in the middle of the episode.
Jul 21, 2012 7:01 PM

Jun 2008
FUCK. MORE recap? Fuck it. Ugh two more episodes, I can do it >.<
Oct 17, 2012 8:37 AM
Jun 2012
what the..i noticed this series just loves recaps!!like TOTALLY LOOOOOVES recaps
wasted 10 minutes of my life that i'll never get back o.0
Apr 22, 2013 5:19 PM

Jan 2013
Hmm, didn't watch the second half.
Saved time.
Apr 24, 2013 9:14 AM

May 2012
Dafuq just happened a recap half episode in the second half... they even played the intro once more... Some weird stuff they do to this series! Okey episode if it wasn't for that second part!
May 6, 2013 1:57 AM
Dec 2010
So they have finally developed telepathic link :P but leaving that aside, what the ... was wrong with director's group of this show. It seems so randomly composed together as if it was school project.

Sent with Mal Updater
greenmartyMay 6, 2013 2:00 AM
( Currently interested in OP MC genre. Recommendations are welcomed, preferable those yet not on my list )
Jul 14, 2013 10:53 PM

Apr 2012
I still love this series but the recaps of recaps really test my patience.
Dec 6, 2013 2:28 PM

Feb 2008
Why even make an adaptation when you clearly don't have enough material to fill all the episodes?
Jul 27, 2014 7:50 PM

May 2014
Lmao. Another recap. Holy jesus. I thought there was a problem with the video I was watching lol
Feb 28, 2016 5:34 AM

Dec 2012
This episode was literally shit. The first half was actually interesting albeit hammered down an issue we've been reminded about 800 times prior. But the second half was absolutely terrible. Lol @ using the OP twice. Lol @ using the "Please watch in a bright room and at a distance" like 3 times. This is just way too painful Gainax, you took a great rom-com and turned it into an abysmal penny pinching shitfest.
May 24, 2016 1:58 AM

Mar 2015
2nd half : Cringe worthy 11/10

Jun 10, 2016 5:45 AM

Oct 2012
What the actual fuck was this shit?

The first half was bad enough with some awful thrown together directing while going over their relationship yet again although it did nicely sum up their feelings and show how far they've come I guess. The second half was complete garbage. So disappointed and up until episode 18 this series was so well done.
KoybzJun 10, 2016 5:53 AM
Aug 21, 2016 6:29 AM

Apr 2015
I consider clip show episode to be one of the worst sin of any series and this anime has 3 of these.

3 !!!

Cardboard cutouts, crappy chibi animations, still shoots are way better. At least they and something. Clip shows just fill the time with NOTHING.
The fact that it is actually good hurts me even more.
Aug 23, 2016 7:15 AM

Oct 2012
What a mess
I think the studio is in the mess too because is director is quitting and everything
But well.. I think I'll finish 2 episode of this torture and read the manga
"Signature removed"
Sep 30, 2016 11:46 AM
Mar 2016
Man. What a disaster. It seems to happen with every show Anno had directed up until that point. Gunbuster, Nadia, Evangelion, now here.... Jesus that really is every show.
Nov 22, 2016 5:34 PM

Aug 2008
At first I thought I was watching a vid that was borked, the intro starting playing again and it gave yet another recap and then another and ANOTHER. Then I come here and see that yep, it was done intentionally. Frustrating, this series hasn't been that great to begin with, there really is no true depth to the characters after all, a true waste to the first third or so of the anime which had the potential to be something much better but now... meh. Two eps to go, time to finish this and never watch again.
May 24, 2017 8:08 AM
May 2011
1st half: Wonderful, it didn't start with a 5 minute recap.
2nd half: Crap.
Mar 10, 2018 12:12 PM

Apr 2015
I swear Yukino's sisters just got kicked out for the sexy part of the recap. If they were riled up about her first kiss, I wonder how they would've reacted to them having actually had sex.

"But the script's fine just the way it is!" Uhh...debatable. Hell of a lot of choppy recapping this episode.
"No, son, you may not have your body pillow at the dinner table!"
Mar 15, 2018 10:01 AM

Jul 2015
So much recapping... I'm going to throw up...
First half was nice though.
Jan 8, 2019 11:06 PM
Sep 2018
I fully expect the final episode to be a 30 minute series recap.

It was funny how Tsubasa was complaining about how badly her character has been shafted since her arc concluded. I had just been thinking the same thing.
Mar 31, 2019 6:40 PM

Nov 2016
WOW. That second part of the episode was ridiculous...
Jun 27, 2019 1:29 PM

Jul 2016
I have always hated Gainax studio's cheap shtick. Way to ruin what was a 9/10 for me, I am predicting worse stuff to happen during these final two episodes.
Nov 15, 2019 7:26 AM

Aug 2017
People seem to really hate recaps a lot, lol. Kare Kano is an amazing show, I can't understand how one can be so toxic towards it just because the creators faced some production problems. The first part of the episode was pretty solid, you know. And even the recap was completely self-conscious - just listen to Tsubasa's speech, where she basically breaks the 4th wall by commenting on her diminishing role in the series and the inability to introduce her new brother to her friends. This means that the creaters of Kare Kano understood they had problems, and were not afraid to tell the audience about it. To topple that, the mangaka, who worked on the show too, didn't like the team's creativity, so there's that factor too. As many problems as there are in a lot of Gainax productions, there's a soul to their work, and an understandable reason to some of the shortcomings, which are not even remotely close to overcoming the strengthes anyway. Just get over with it and enjoy one of, if not the best, romcom ever made. Peace!
Nov 6, 2020 1:44 PM
Jul 2013
St0rmblade said:
People seem to really hate recaps a lot, lol. Kare Kano is an amazing show, I can't understand how one can be so toxic towards it just because the creators faced some production problems. The first part of the episode was pretty solid, you know. And even the recap was completely self-conscious - just listen to Tsubasa's speech, where she basically breaks the 4th wall by commenting on her diminishing role in the series and the inability to introduce her new brother to her friends. This means that the creaters of Kare Kano understood they had problems, and were not afraid to tell the audience about it. To topple that, the mangaka, who worked on the show too, didn't like the team's creativity, so there's that factor too. As many problems as there are in a lot of Gainax productions, there's a soul to their work, and an understandable reason to some of the shortcomings, which are not even remotely close to overcoming the strengthes anyway. Just get over with it and enjoy one of, if not the best, romcom ever made. Peace!

Well said my man. It's obvious they ran out of time/money to animate the second half. I'd like to see a reboot of the series, but I have serious doubts how if this would have turned out much better.
The wide angle lens is back. It's time for Tsubasa and Kazuma to come back as well.
May 29, 2021 5:30 PM

Jan 2021
The first half of the episode plays mostly inside the mind of Yukino (and possibly Arima, too). The similarity to the last episodes of Evangelion is too strong to not point out. It does not get as outlandish here, though. The animation quality is another difference. Instead of going down, I feel that this was some of the best animation since the change in directors in episode 16.
Yukino’s self-assessment is rather profound. She and Arima needed each other, because they were in need of inner change. The unwelcome corollary of that: after they changed, do they not need each other anymore? She dismisses her own thoughts, but I feel both her conclusion, and the idea to walk away gracefully and be thankful for the mutually beneficial relationship are worth keeping in mind.
The 3/4th part of the episode is a recap? Really? A 3/4th part? ANOTHER RECAP? We get a second “to be continued” after 3/4 of the episode, followed by ... more recap … and another title screen after an additional 1/8th of the runtime. Wait. Title screens at 0, 0.5, 0.75, 0.875? Is this becoming a math joke now?
The ED saves us from going to the limit.
CalmTeaTimeJul 9, 2023 8:43 PM
Jul 1, 2022 12:05 AM

Feb 2021
If that first half was the conclusion of the series, I'm kinda satisfied with it since I liked the points they made. The characters are just high school students, they're in a position in their life where they constantly learn more about themselves and make realizations in an effort to find themselves. The relationship between Miyazawa and Arima was only the first part of finding their identities, and now that they're aware of that fact, their perspectives have changed probably for the better. Tbh can't ask for much more for an ending from a show that's rapidly falling apart
Mar 17, 2023 9:58 PM
Nov 2019
What is this...? why...? the half of the episode lmao
May 9, 2023 6:09 AM

Jun 2021
That horse dummy that Arima used to replace himself to escape Asaba was cool, as the meta commentary of Tsubasa about her own role in the not so welcome and yet another recap.
Jun 30, 2023 5:54 PM
Feb 2021
I've never seen an anime get Gainaxed this fucking hard, damn.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kare Kano Episode 3 Discussion

philautia_ - Jun 19, 2009

38 by Aizzu »»
Apr 3, 12:13 PM

Poll: » Kare Kano Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Bloodshot-Shanks - Oct 21, 2008

69 by Aizzu »»
Apr 3, 11:18 AM

» Kare Kano

Lilly1x - Feb 8, 2009

2 by mokkocchi »»
Apr 2, 9:41 AM

» Best DVD quality for Kare Kano?!! (Some releases look better than others apparently...?)

LoganJones - Apr 13, 2019

2 by GreatAide »»
Apr 1, 1:40 AM

» Does anyone else agree that this anime deserves a remake the most?

KaiserVonGogureo - Sep 23, 2022

11 by Hashiriya_weeb87 »»
Jan 25, 7:20 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.