Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Fruits Basket Collector's Edition
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »
Apr 8, 2020 11:27 AM

Feb 2017
Nice episode. Had somewhat mixed feeling about season 1 so hopefully I like this one better.
Apr 8, 2020 8:00 PM

Oct 2008
Great! it's back Season 2! give us more wonderful powerful emotional episodes!
5/5.

Apr 8, 2020 8:09 PM
Sep 2017
So happy this show is back! Ready to laugh and cry along with it for the months to come!
Yuki’s reactions to his new student council members was priceless, lol.
And Shigure teasing Kyo about his cluelessness regarding “summer opportunities” was great as well!
Was surprised to see the apparent genuineness of Motoko’s feelings for Yuki. Since I’m leaning towards shipping Tohru with Kyo, I could almost see shipping Yuki/Motoko now, but manga readers’ posts here seem to indicate that would be a waste of time.
Apr 8, 2020 11:17 PM

Jun 2013
Although I'm not a fan of Motoko, it's nice to see Yuki in the eyes of another character that is outside his circle of friends and family.

Also, we got to see Machi Kuragi. If I'm not mistaken, she was in the last episode of the first season but very briefly and we didn't get to see her facial features.

I'm looking forward to the next episode as always! :D
臭い-
Apr 9, 2020 3:37 AM

Aug 2017
Nice first episode. The story was picked up really well and we finally met Kakeru and Machi. Well, let's say that they were something and I am curious about what will follow. Also, I loved the new opening song and the ending song too!
Apr 9, 2020 4:18 AM

May 2018
my favourite reverse harem series is back!! I'm so excited xD

kagura-pb said:
Byniavo said:
my favourite reverse harem series is back!! I'm so excited xD

Fruits Basket is not a reverse harem though? There'll be like

in the end. ;)

now that's a big oof for me

Mod Edit: Merged duplicated posts; please use the edit button.
DeadlyRavenApr 18, 2020 8:42 AM
Apr 9, 2020 7:08 AM
Jan 2018
Apparently this show will get good in this season. I don't see it yet since every character is still as annoying as before and it's still introducing characters without actually doing anything else but I guess I'll attempt to keep an open mind even after the colossal failure that was the first in literally every possible way. I was hoping the visuals for this season would at least be good this season but it's still a generic looking, poorly directed slideshow with poor colour design which is disappointing.
AnimaniaigApr 9, 2020 7:13 AM
Apr 9, 2020 5:13 PM

Nov 2015
It's kind of an odd episode to start with, but still very important.

I remember not liking Motoko at all, and she's still slightly annoying, but even if I can't relate to her about jealousy, I'm glad I can understand her. I liked her a lot more after reading her part in the manga. Hmm... the person she hates the most is herself, I can relate to that.

Machi and Kakeru! I really love how Yuki gets to have his own little world away from the zodiacs, just like how he wished for in the first episode.

I miss Tohru and Kyo T_T I hope we get to see more of them soon.

I like the new opening and ending. This might be my favourite opening so far, and the ending will grow on me, I'm sure.
Apr 9, 2020 6:09 PM

Nov 2019
Spoiled myself on who Yuuki ended with it's meh
I honestly prefer if it's
instead
Apr 9, 2020 7:18 PM

Sep 2011
Its great to be back in the series again even if this episode was kind of meh to annoying. Not a fan of this character at all but the intro to the student council people were fun

YggdraSEED said:
instead

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Apr 9, 2020 7:51 PM

Nov 2019
JizzyHitler said:
Its great to be back in the series again even if this episode was kind of meh to annoying. Not a fan of this character at all but the intro to the student council people were fun

YggdraSEED said:
instead

Not at all
Haunt88Apr 10, 2020 1:09 AM
Apr 9, 2020 8:32 PM

Jan 2019
Atavistic said:
Can we please, please get rid of this ridiculous fan club? Their shtick got tiresome early in the first season, let alone now. And how much of a mess is the school if the best the Student Council can get is Manabe and Kuragi? Still, Manabe seems an interesting character and I'm kinda curious about what he and Kuragi were trying to find in the room.

Not a bad start overall.
Luckily, I think this is the last time we will see them being central going by the manga, but I’m not sure. They were some of the least important characters in the manga.
"In the End, Only Kindness Matters" -Jewel
Apr 10, 2020 5:01 AM

Dec 2014
does anyone know which chapter got adapted this episode ?
Because i wanted to compare with the manga
Send me Friend requests!!!!
Apr 10, 2020 1:45 PM
Feb 2019
I'd like to see more of her. She seems to be a nice girl and she has a lot of potential. I liked how in the end she realised that it thanks to Tohru that Yuki changed and she wasn't mad. She was just grateful to see him smile.

Danae said:
Always love episodes focused on Yuki <3 The OP is really refreshing. I never cared much for Minagawa, personally. But it was interesting seeing the introduction of Kakeru and Machi. I love Kakeru so I can't wait to see more of his antics in the student council~

Isn't this quote from Attack on Titan?

Mod Edit: Merged duplicated posts; please use the edit button.
DeadlyRavenApr 18, 2020 8:43 AM
Apr 11, 2020 3:07 AM

Sep 2019
Love how the instant Yuki realises how Manabe resembles his brother, that he suddenly wants to die... or, well, looked like he already died on the inside. It'll probably be double when he learns about the fanclub and especially their attitude towards our girl Tohru.

I also forgot that the former Preiz is voiced by Kazuma's VA. It's weird seeing him into a dude rather than all the girls. Then again, Kazuma would instantly be fooled by a crossdressing Yuki.

Overall, I enjoyed this first ep, and I certainly look forward to what is to come. That ED was rather nice too.

"You know you've reached peak quality when a doujin is better than the actual source series." (Eg. To LOVE-Ru)

Just to list a couple of biases.
Likes: A good story, characters, writing, romance, a good plot twist or something that breaks expectations (In a good way), 'backstory' and justice.
Dislikes: Bad romance, too much fanservice, the harem genre, yuri, yaoi, and bad writing.

Apr 11, 2020 4:56 PM
Jul 2018
Haven't got time to see the first episode and I finally did so today.

Personally, I think it wasn't too exciting. But it's still pretty good with some nice introductions and some foreshadowing as well.

I also got the time to read the manga beforehand and hopefully most episodes don't get too delayed.
Apr 11, 2020 6:38 PM
Nov 2018
Zerity said:
lovin this OP but bruh why all this recap XD
its been so long and i don't rewatch animes a lot, plus watching too many animes in btw the seasons makes u forget a lot
Apr 11, 2020 9:26 PM

Jul 2016
Wasn't really the episode I was expecting to start this season with. Especially considering it was mostly focused on a character I don't care that much. I mean, I never disliked Motoko but since her character has been only used for comedy purposes, I can't really take her crush on Yuki seriously.

That said, it was an average episode overall. After what happened between Kyou and Tohru last season, I still wonder if he will show a different side of him to her from now on and stop acting so defensive. Thought this episode would be focused on it but I guess I will have to wait a little longer for answers.

And regarding Machi and Kakeru, they sure are an odd pair, Machi especially. Not sure what to think about them yet but I would watch my back if I were Yuki. Wonder what Machi was looking for before he arrived, by the way.
Apr 14, 2020 5:35 PM

Jul 2017
Fruits Basket is back. Even after 1 exact year, more greatness returns to form for another round of the complete adaptation.

Hello again to Tohru, her band of friends, and of course, the Soma family household full of zodiac animals. Re-emphasising on Kyo and Yuki though, while it never felt like it strayed off its path where it left off last year...though this start was somewhat unexpected adapting mixed chapters (42 and 49) that don't make sense (and to be fair, Season 1 didn't thread the adaptation THAT far).

And of course, the Yuki Fan Club that's run its rampant age-old debate throughout the school to fandom all that's about the pretty boy himself. Oh how I abhor them to shreds (mostly only Minagawa who's come to her senses now, THANK GOD!)

As for new heads Manabe Tsukasa and Kuragi Machi, they're an eccentric pair...and their upcoming efforts as the Student Council leave me less than desired, but also anticipating changes.

A resounding start to a continuation with the calm OST once again with a good OP/ED pair.
Apr 16, 2020 1:03 AM

Sep 2018
Yuki is so pretty and a nice guy!!! Need to protect ❤️❤️
Apr 17, 2020 8:59 PM

Jun 2013
While far from a bad episode, i was actually kind of disappointed, this felt like more of an OVA than an actual episode.
Apr 18, 2020 12:29 PM

Sep 2018
Small premise: I have already seen the first season of this new anime version, only I found myself so involved in its vision that I neglected to comment on it at the time. So, as a start, I was surprised, not so much for what we saw during the episode, which puts a lot of meat on the fire right now, but for having fished out the character of Minagawa and having given him so much space in the narration, although it was understood that she was only the intermediary with whom we indirectly talked about Yuki and her personal growth. Pleasant and relaxing watching this episode, as we had become accustomed to the previous season. Season that I will have to resume and comment as soon as possible, but I think I will be able to do it in a short time since due to the Covid-19 pandemic and the problems that Japanese animation studios are having, all the anime series of this season will receive a joke unexpected arrest, alas!
Apr 20, 2020 12:21 PM

Jun 2015
Motoko's so cute. Its nice too see her true character with some self introspection. Makes her emotions feel real and valid.
To have you, Id give a billion lives A-Chan best girl
Apr 28, 2020 10:59 PM

May 2015
I would fire the vice-presi and maybe the girl too.That's totally not the first impression I would give to someone in a higher rank even if it's school.
The walking sequence in the opening reminds of the Clannad AS ed, quite nostalgic.
May 25, 2020 3:34 AM

Oct 2007
a little late in starting this. Feels refreshing having a high school shoujo romance again in my currently watching anime.

Yuki finds it easier to smile because he has Tohru. Poor sempai she has no chance.
May 26, 2020 7:01 PM

Mar 2016
When Yuki called cute that girl in the council room and then she got mad, I can't stop imagining what Yuki was ithinking in that moment: "MEN. WE DON't KNOW WHAT WE DID"
Jul 7, 2020 12:51 AM

May 2013
What a terrible way to start the season. With the ugliest bitches in this anime =___=" egh. Hate the jealousy. Glad she hates that part of herself too. It's so nasty.

This is why I can't stand being friends with most other girls. They're just so fake and selfish >__> can we only give screentime to the wholesome girls? Smfh.
Jul 16, 2020 11:53 AM

Aug 2017
Not a fan of the comic relief character having a serious scene but nvm. I'm glad that Fruits Basket is back with new characters (Machi and Kakeru), im hope that they explain more things in this season.

All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Aug 22, 2020 1:33 PM

Apr 2012
Glad to see the Uotani fan club show up.
Aug 29, 2020 12:32 AM
Oct 2019
Mediocre.

Now I'm concerned season 2 will be a big downgrade from season 1. I liked season 1 immediately. But with season 2, I *disliked* it immediately.

Season 1 was emotional and funny. This was *neither*. It was annoying, honestly.

Obviously it's just one episode. But what a poor first impression.
Sep 1, 2020 8:34 AM

Jun 2020
the OP was ok but the visuals..... i kinda expected more? it's so meh......

this episode was filled with comedy. yuki's expressions were PRICELESS x)

also really liking kakeru......it hachiman hahaha his voice acting really suited the character!!

lovely ED♡♡

but i’ll probably remember over and over again
you were there and everyone else was there
— the day we all searched for just one thing

Oct 2, 2020 3:01 AM

Jul 2020
The two new characters are interesting.

Nice OP especially the ED i’m gonna love it.
Nov 11, 2020 7:21 PM

Dec 2013
Well I finally got the time to watch the second season. Manabe and Machi seems like troublesome but I have a feeling that they will be good friends with Yuki. I appreciate Motoko a bit in this ep. She will graduate soon so why not try to confess to Yuki and move on?

The OP and ED are amazing !

★━━─
𝘏𝘰𝘸 𝘤𝘢𝘯 𝘐 𝘣𝘳𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘱𝘦𝘢𝘤𝘦 𝘵𝘰 𝘮𝘺 𝘩𝘦𝘢𝘳𝘵?
𝘞𝘩𝘦𝘯 𝘐 𝘵𝘩𝘪𝘯𝘬 𝘢𝘣𝘰𝘶𝘵 𝘪𝘵 𝘦𝘷𝘦𝘳𝘺 𝘥𝘢𝘺?

Feb 1, 2021 11:37 AM

Jan 2010
What a waste for a first episode. So much screen time wasted on a stupid and useless fangirl. Should’ve just skipped it.
Feb 28, 2021 2:00 PM

May 2016
So, the start of the second season. I love the new opening, it suits the anime so so well. Also I totally get why the Yuki fan club is a thing, I just hope they actually do something with that particular story that's interesting or important or ignore it all together cause it's a little dull.
Mar 17, 2021 1:43 PM

Jun 2019
A good start to 2nd season. Loved the ED more than the OP. Didn't expect Mokoto to have so much screentime.
Apr 11, 2021 7:00 AM
Supreme Tsundere

Nov 2012
Now that the final season is out, I can finally watch S2 at my leisure and progress to the final right away~~

Definitely not disappointed with the start of S2, different from what I could expect, but enjoyable, the drama with Motoko was actually enjoyable and I would like to see her appearing more, now about those weirdos on the council, I wonder what is going on with that girl in particular...
Apr 17, 2021 6:13 PM

Mar 2010
Kind of a meh start compared to other episodes.

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
Apr 24, 2021 12:41 AM

Dec 2020
new season WOOOO !! we got a little summary of the 1st season that was nice, wasn't a fan of how much yuki's fangirls were in this episode tho. like this is the First episode come on they couldve shown more important characters
May 15, 2021 7:20 AM

Apr 2020
I don't know why but those 2 council members seem interesting

Nice to see that Matoko is also developing gradually
Jul 21, 2021 5:33 PM
Apr 2017
Just started the second season and this episode was pretty nice. I wasn't super full of drama or anything, but it was nice to see more Yuki after a mostly Kyo filled ending to season one. I hope they expand upon Yuki's character here and he's able to become the person he truly wants to be.
Aug 5, 2021 7:53 AM

Jul 2021
it was a good recap even though I'm bingeing. Good start to the season. Looking forward to seeing more of the new student council members, they seem interesting.
Sep 10, 2021 2:45 AM

Jul 2015
Those student council members seem like quite the handfull duo and on top of that shady.

Feels off to have a first ep of s2 focus on the yuki fanclub but kinda good that it became a little serious there at the end.

Dec 1, 2021 11:24 AM

Dec 2007
first episode for 2nd season and... this? lol

except for the yuki moments the whole momutso (that's her name right?) is total psycho, though gotta admit she's funny.
kakeru is nice addition to the characters while machi hardly introduced.

hope this season won't fail me lol.
Feb 3, 2022 10:29 PM
Voltekka!

Sep 2017
Atavistic said:
Can we please, please get rid of this ridiculous fan club? Their shtick got tiresome early in the first season, let alone now. And how much of a mess is the school if the best the Student Council can get is Manabe and Kuragi? Still, Manabe seems an interesting character and I'm kinda curious about what he and Kuragi were trying to find in the room.

Not a bad start overall.

I strongly agree with this. Possessive characters are cringe in general.

Also, Yuki is alright but I wanna see the cute catboy tsundere way more.
Aug 3, 2022 3:41 AM
Jun 2022
Just a nice, sweet recap episode, introducing two new school characters, which the vice president is voiced by the same voice actor who voiced Oscar from RWBY, which my friend pointed out to me.

But a part from that, nothing eventful happened.
Dec 15, 2022 5:48 PM
Dec 2022
it was good, the story was amazing
Sep 1, 2023 5:52 AM

Apr 2021
Here to see the second season of my comfort anime!!! The songs are good but nothing beats the vibe that season 1 gave.

Looking forward to the rest of the season!!!

Feb 12, 6:59 AM
Feb 2020
If had watched this second season live I would've dropped the anime right then and there. To make the episode about the SIMP QUEEN of the Yuki club is so aweful. I count this as a filler episode and I can't emphasize enough of how bad of a decision it was to start the season off like this.
Praying the rest ist better cause I quite enjoyed season 1.
Feb 13, 6:02 PM

Aug 2022
Starting off Season 2 of 'Fruits Basket' with mixed feelings about Minagawa—her obsession with Yuki is off-putting, yet I found myself feeling a bit sorry for her.

The new Student Council members are hilariously odd, fitting Yuki's description of them being on a 'Zodiac level of weird.' It's intriguing to think they might be the missing Zodiac members, but their lack of connection to the Somas adds to the mystery.

The OP and ED still don't stand out to me, though. :/
_Shara_Feb 13, 6:35 PM
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Fruits Basket 2nd Season Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jun 15, 2020

114 by TheStarscream759 »»
Sep 16, 6:11 PM

Poll: » Fruits Basket 2nd Season Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jun 8, 2020

125 by TheStarscream759 »»
Sep 15, 6:47 PM

Poll: » Fruits Basket 2nd Season Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Sep 21, 2020

241 by SenChen »»
Sep 15, 1:31 PM

Poll: » Fruits Basket 2nd Season Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jun 1, 2020

178 by TheStarscream759 »»
Sep 14, 7:25 PM

Poll: » Fruits Basket 2nd Season Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Aug 24, 2020

143 by SenChen »»
Sep 1, 2:29 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.